Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• thecsthecs Member Posts: 7
    Please...what $1750? Our local dealer says there aren't any rebates.
  • sherofthe80ssherofthe80s Member Posts: 43
    They gave us the option of 2.9% interest for 60 months or $1,750 (maybe the called it a dealer incentive or somthing like that). What are you at with a price quote right now? They'll call these rebates/incentives/cash backs all different things...in the end, paying "what are others are paying" on Edmunds TMV or below seems reasonable to me. We were lucky to receive that extra $500 back for the Mazda clunker incentive bringing us down to $18050 (around $600 less than Edmunds TMV...what others are paying if I remember correctly).
  • ldislerldisler Member Posts: 83
    Yes $1750 for cash deal till 8-3-09 +500 for CFC deal. I got touring with bumper
    guard for $17900.
  • andy97andy97 Member Posts: 3
    I went to the University Mazda in Seattle and showed a print out from this forum and got the salesman to sell me the 2009 Mazda5 GT for $19750 + tax + +reg fee + $49 doc fee in about 15 min. That's the best car buying experience I've ever had in years. I traded in a clunker and got $4500 + $500 rebate. I didn't get the scrape value because I didn't know better... but oh well, that's good enough for a brand new car.

The salesman's name is Kevin.
  • lyzardolyzardo Member Posts: 12
    Which dealer in MN matched your prices? I'm in the Eastern Metro area.
  • cyclone83cyclone83 Member Posts: 60
    Eich Mazda in St. Cloud was able to match the price I gave them. I can give you the name of my sales guy if you are interested. Walser and Morrie's prices were waaaay too high, Luther was pretty high, I liked my sales guy at Polar but the best he could was still above 20k. I don't think I directly contacted the other MN dealers (I did anonymously through braggle). Otherwise, the other dealers willing to do 19.5k were in SD, MO, and IL. When comparing MSRPs, the best price was in MO by about $100-$150, plus he offered to go lower after I said no thanks, but St. Cloud is much closer, and they had the color I wanted.
    I would like to have the name of your sales guy, when you have a chance. Thanks.
    Did get a nibble from Eich Mazda on a Sport AT, no options, but their offered price was $19,150 - waaaaay too high. Very nice people, poor price. Supply and demand, I guess.
    I wonder if CFC is driving up the prices. We agreed on a price over a week before the official start date (24th) of CFC. Anyways, the guy I worked with was Jake Larson. He said they generally try to match or beat competing offers. I did not let them make the first offer, I just called him and said "these are the lowest offers I've received, can you match them?"
    BTW, do you have a costco membership? You can get pretty decent prices through their auto program as well.
    I do, and I did start the process on Monday. Got an initial form email right away from Luther or Polar (don't remember which) promising to contact me but they never followed through. So, it was a dead end. And at that time, I was asking about Mazda3's as well. BTW, Eich would not budge on the price, but they were polite and courteous. Based on info on Edmunds and here, a base Mazda5 AT Sport should be under $18,000, unless I'm mistaken.
    For the Costco price, call Polar Mazda and ask for Michael Smith. He's the one who helped give me the Costco quote ($18600 for a base Mazda5 Touring after incentives). The other salesman we talked with there was Brian Lim, really nice guy.
    I called Polar this morning - they are out of Mazda5 models completely.
    Wow, the laws of supply and demand indeed. You could try to get a Costco price from them even if they don't have any in stock, and then take that price somewhere else. I dunno, that's pretty crazy
    What are your impressions on the Mazda5? I haven't even able to find one in stock to test drive yet.
    We like it a lot, it fits our family of 3 (soon to be 4) well. We were looking for a vehicle with three rows of seats, priced within our smallish budget, and relatively reliable. We were looking at used vehicles (Odyssey, Sienna, Pilot, etc) until we heard about cash for clunkers. We randomly came across the M5, and although it's not as big as the aforementioned vehicles, we really liked it. None of us are very tall/big, so we think the M5 is comfortable...I've read that taller/bigger people may feel a bit cramped. Have sliding doors is really nice in the garage and parking lots! It only has a 4 cylinder engine, but I feel it is more than sufficient. It is fun to drive and very nimble. We don't have any towing needs, so that wasn't a concern for us. The road noise is a little louder than I'd like on freeways, but it depends on how picky you are about that. I feel like you sit up nice and high in the drivers seat (compared to our old Bonneville anyways), that is nice, you have a good view of everything. There isn't as much room in the rear as a full size minivan, so it depends on your needs there. We ended up getting a M5 Grand Touring with a few smaller options for under 15K...it's fun to get a brand new car with a bunch of extras for cheaper than a 3 year old Odyssey/Sienna/Pilot with none of the fun features. I wasn't too concerned about gas mileage while shopping around, but the good mileage of the M5 is a nice little bonus.
  • abraindrainerabraindrainer Member Posts: 312
    Just got a Mazda5 Sport Auto with ~$100 of options (MSRP ~$20k) for $17K+TTL. If I waited and pushed a bit harder it was probably possible to shave a few hundred more off this deal.

Beware that the supply for these vehicles in DC/VA/MD area seems pretty thin right now... CFC is certainly to blame.
  • sirbranachsirbranach Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a Mazda 5 Touring in NJ for $20,158. This was an "out the door," everything included, tax, title, 4yrs of reg and inspection, price. With the $4,500 clunker and $500 Mazda incentive, the total bill was $15,158. The Sport version, for which I'd been looking, was non-existent, so I went with the next level up. The dealer did try and pull a fast one when it came to the paperwork; he tried to hide an extra $500 in the dealings. Either way, when I spotted the hoax, his manager had him redo the paperwork correctly. If I wasn't really sure of my own figures, he would have easily ripped me off. Funnily enough, it didn't bother me much since my expectations for being treated in an honest fashion were very low to begin with.
  • gdavis72gdavis72 Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

I am in texas and I am ready to buy a 2009 mazda 5 sport. Its manual transmission and the only extras already on it are pinstripe and tinted windows. The sticker price is 19,345. I have no trade in. What should my goal price be to get this vehicle? Thanks in advance for any advice.
  • kaiserskaisers Member Posts: 1
    That seems like a pretty good price. Can I ask where in NJ went? I'm in NJ and am debating between a used 2008 versus new 2009 right now. I can get a used 2008 around $14,600 + tax and everything else so $20,158 does not seem to far away for new.
  • d1ganjed1ganje Member Posts: 3
    Hello all,

Finally decided to get the M5 and super excited about it. I actually have blue one on order since our dealer could not find any even with dealer trade. Anyways, here is the deal (not final yet) but Auto Sport for 17,098 + tax and licensing in Seattle/Everett Washington area. This price also comes with 100,000 mile powertrain warranty. Should I go for it? I know there was another Seattleite posting for a GT at around 19,750 + tax and licensing so this seems reasonable for a sport. Comments please. Thanks guys and gals

Dave
  • azbarberazbarber Member Posts: 2
    I made a cash deal last week on a Mazda 5 sport with manual and no options for $16.5k OTD. Our local tax is 6% and that is included in the price. Your tinted windows are worth about $200.

Good luck though, the price has gone up significantly this week because of C4C.

Az
  • discostewdiscostew Member Posts: 29
    I believe the $1750 dealer cash on the Mazda5 ran out today. Anybody know what the new "deal" is yet?

TIA

- Stew
  • discostewdiscostew Member Posts: 29
    I believe the $1750 dealer cash on the Mazda5 ran out today. Anybody know what the new "deal" is yet?

TIA

- Stew
    I did ask my dealer about this since we too noticed the expiration date, but he said that on the 09 it will probably continue if not get better, but I guess we will see. 09 are pretty sparse it seems

Dave
    Mazda5 July 09 sales up 45% over July 08. Looks like supplies of 09 5's is sparse. I'm glad I got mine on 7/25/09. For those shopping in NJ try Hamilton, very good dealer. Avoid Maple Shade, dishonest but I don't want to get into details now.
  • lyon45lyon45 Member Posts: 1
    We bought a Mazda 5 sport today at Romero Mazda in Ontario, CA through the clunker program and the dealer was still getting $1750 marketing support. They were willing to work with us to get a discount of $900 below invoice, plus the extra $500 added to the clunker $4500. Very satisfied.

Kurt
  • vg33e powervg33e power Member Posts: 314
    Congrats Kurt, Romero Mazda is an awesome dealer. I have had nothing but pleasant experiences with them in parts and service department. Dan Trimmer in service and Erick in parts.
  • lildanbassmanlildanbassman Member Posts: 10
    Got home a couple days back with our new '09 Mazda5 AT Sport, with the Performance Package (spoiler + 6 cd changer). Left the dealership (Bommarito Mazda West County in St. Louis) with an OTD price of $11636! (with $5000 CFC cash). Very happy with the price and the experience.

I'm definitely glad we acted when we did as it seems that all the online specials & pricing around here have vanished. I wouldn't be surprised if dealers are less inclined to negotiate with the huge surge of CFC buyers.
    I've been working the phones and the web here in the Twin Cities, and you have a better chance of seeing Bigfoot than of seeing a new Mazda5 of any type. Twice I have had leads of cars that will be arriving, and twice someone else has put a deposit down before I could get to a dealer. Congratulations if you bought a 5 the last week or two of July. You had some options to choose from, and you most likely got a much better deal than anyone else will get for the foreseeable future.
  • surajsuraj Member Posts: 3
    Dealers are asking for 18000/- + tax and license in bayarea. Is this a good deal.
  • matrixva1matrixva1 Member Posts: 21
    Paid 22900 for a GT with Nav. in MD.
  • andy97andy97 Member Posts: 3
    I was the guy that got the GT for $19750 at Seattle's University Mazda.
    I originally went in for the Sport AT for $16600 but changed my mind when I saw the GT. I wanted the leather seat so the GT at $19750 was worth it.

The dealer also offered me $1400 for 10 years / 120k milesage full coverge warranty (not just powertrain) with zero deductible. I thought it was a good deal but still thinking about whether I should get extended warranty since most Mazda are very reliable these days. What do you guys think?
    Success - maybe. I scored the last base Sport AT they had at Polar Mazda here in the eastern Twin Cities. Supposed to arrive just after Labor Day. EXCELLENT people to work with. Price was 12477 + T&L. Not too bad - good enough considering their scarcity. The catch: I'm now playing chicken with the CARS program. I have to hope that the program runs through Labor Day so the paperwork can get submitted before the program ends. Crossing my fingers...
  • jt_718jt_718 Member Posts: 4
    This is exclusive of any offer or incentives for a Sport Model with auto tranny in white. Just wondering if this is a good price?
    Just bought a Sport AT (only option was the compass rear-view mirror) and paid about $17,900. Included $1750 Mazda cash and what amounted to a $400 Costco Auto Program bonus. So without Costco, that's pretty close to what I just got. White is a bit more costly, so that evens out the rear-view mirror, most likely.

With CARS program factored in, cost was about $12,075 +T&L.
  • jt_718jt_718 Member Posts: 4
    When did you buy this? The only incentive now is $500 on top of a C4C rebate. Did you purchase this in July?
    Is that out the door?
    I bought a Touring for $17900 including $1750 cash rebate
    & $500 CFC rebate. I would think a Sport should be under $17000. Although I
    think stock is getting slim. I'm in Central Jersey and bought on 7/25/09.
    Purchased this week. $1750 cash was listed (and explained) as being part of the deal.
    I've been seriously looking since the weekend of July 25/26. There was a big difference between (roughly) pre 7/27 deals and post 7/27 deals on the M5. The car has been scarce, and deals have been hard to come by. Supply and demand has kicked in.

I'm guessing there are a lot of dealers out there kicking themselves that they went as low as they did pre July 27 - they simply didn't expect the huge run on cars during the first week of the CARS program.

If you got in early, you scored in a big way. I'm just happy to have found an M5 to buy that was selling at a moderately decent price.
    Awesome, glad you were able to find one. Did you get a chance to take one out for a test drive?
    Yeah, we got a Sport AT after too and paid 17720 with the Pep, review mirror and fog lights. Considering their scarcity, we thought that was pretty good. It is crazy how the price has gone up.
    I'm glad I got mine on 7/25 right as the mad rush started. Inventory seems
    to be low now.
    Funny - I have not been able to drive one. My wife drove a 2006 last week just to get the feel for them and gave it a thumbs up. I've only had a chance to look at one - haven't even sat in one yet.
  • d_hyperd_hyper Member Posts: 130
    We got Blue Sport AT at University Mazda in Seattle for $17.3K - right off the ship. Most of local dealers are out of stock completely. They don't yet take orders on 2010... Good luck to those who're on the hunt.
  • pi_manpi_man Member Posts: 9
    Was looking two weeks ago and sent email requests for out-the-door prices (recommended by these forums) to about 6 dealers. I was trading in my 2000 MPV (157K miles) as Cash for Clunkers. Got a good price from Tully Mazda in NH ($11,653 + TTL + all-weather mats + rear bumper plate), but since that was a hike, waited to get more prices. Nobody else really gave me a good price. Friday morning I called and the car was gone. There were questions whether CfC would get more money, plus MA tax rate was going up, plus the $1750 Mazda rebate was ending, so I wanted to do it. More calls during Friday and found only one available 60 miles away. The dealer said that he had a customer willing to pay $12,900 for it, so that was it.
    The next week Congress gives another $2B and I'm back in the market. I check Mazda inventory within 50 miles on the website and there are 10 with manual shift. This past Friday I send some emails back to the dealerships again. This time I get a response from Ira Mazda (20 miles away) with an OTD price of $18,160. I respond back that I'm doing CfC, so I subtract the $4500 + $500 from Mazda, plus the difference in Sales Tax, and it is less than $12,000, which I think is pretty good since I thought the $1750 went away. I send him my figures and he agrees. I'm waiting to see if more dealers respond. I talk to a different NH dealer (Werner Mazda) who had 2 available, but he wants $500 over list because he says the list price is going up for the 2010's so he feels he can get the increase early. I told him I was not interested because I already got a much better price. Wellesley Mazda is the closest, but they want $17,000 + $444 doc fees (ignoring the CfC component). I'm getting antsy because I don't want to lose the Ira car too, so the next day I drive up and end up getting it. The deal was even better because I (and the internet guy) didn't know about the $150 you get for the salvage value of the clunker. It ended up being right around $11,670 + TTL. The salesman was busy but he was good. I'd recommend them.
    Just picked it up today, after the dealer got the authorization for CfC. Since I am transferring plates, I still have to go back one more time to pick up the registration and sticker (and for them to install the bumper step plate since it had to be ordered). Checked the Mazda inventory website again, and it still shows 10 available Manual Shift, so I don't know how accurate it is. (Hope this message wasn't too wordy)
    1 month ago there were 70 mazda 5's whitin 50 miles of me. Today there are 11. I'd say Mazda sold a lot of 5's with the Cash For Clunkers.
    If your want one now your going to need good luck to find the one you want. I can't imagine dealers are going to be making very good deals.
  • darknessja1darknessja1 Member Posts: 6
    A Boston area dealer has said to me in an email that the 1750 rebate is still going on, but I can't verify that at all through edmunds.com or any other website. Any thoughts?
  • pi_manpi_man Member Posts: 9
    If you look at CarsDirect for the Sport Manual, it shows MSRP at $18,775, invoice at $17,715, and their Target Price at $16,565 which includes under Incentives "Special Pricing - Expires 8/31/09". This was the same price I saw at the very beginning of this month. Whereas around 8/7 their Target Price was $18,315. So to me this looks like the $1750 is in place, at least in the Boston area.
  • darknessja1darknessja1 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks!
    Looking to buy a 09 mazda 5 automatic by the end of the month, dealer inventory is basically non existent, but some dealers have some mazda5s on the way. The dealer in wellesley is the closest one along with the one in quincy as well.