Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• discostewdiscostew Member Posts: 29
    I bought my 2009 Touring this past weekend near Boston and did get the $1750 dealer support in my deal. Along with the c4c it was $14,442. Tax and reg extra. Lucky I even got one. I would stay away from Quincy....
  • darknessja1darknessja1 Member Posts: 6
    Which dealership did you go to?
    Looks like I will have to buy one and then wait a week or so for the car to show up at the dealer.
    I had to go all the way from Northern VT down to Metro Mazda in Raynham to get the car I wanted.
    Any particular reason why I should avoid the quincy dealer?
    After offering to give a deposit on a particular car and calling a number of times, I got the run around from them until the newspaper special "expired" and the price they quoted jumped $1100. They told me the incentives had "changed" (not true). That isn't how I like to do business. I actually paid a little more at Metro because I wasn't going to support that kind of Dealer BS.
  • funktion-elfunktion-el Member Posts: 6
    The $1750 dealer cash is in fact in play for the '09 Mazda5. The only thing holding me back at this point is the fact that '10 models are right around the corner and it has been verified that although there will be a slight price increase ~$500, the 2010 Mazda5 will come standard with stability control. You can see for yourself at the safecar.gov website link here:

link title

If you scroll to the bottom you can see it clearly states stability control will be standard.

Happy motoring!
    Need your guys' opinion.
    I am helping my aunt/uncle with buying a mazda5.
    However my aunt seems to think that come Sept, the incentives on the 09s will be better than it is now.
    I am concerned about dealer inventory and whether or not the current 1750 in dealer cash will disappear or not next month.
    Thoughts?
  • bde1bde1 Member Posts: 12
    It certainly makes sense that 09 inventory will continue to shrink over time, so the longer she waits, the fewer 09 choices will be available. However, the dealers I've talked to think that the $1,750 rebate is likely to continue on 09s and may even increase. That makes sense given the widespread concern in the industry that the CFC-fueled sales spike in July/August included a lot of sales that would otherwise have occured during 4Q09 and winter 2010. If that's the case, sales may be terrible for the next 6 months, which could put a lot of pressure on manufacturers to extend or increase incentives.
    So do you think we should pull the trigger on a 09 mazda5 now or wait until next month?
    I just don't want to be in the worst situation possible which is the dealer cash disappears and only 2010s are in stock. We could potentially lose over $2k because of these 2 factors.
  • sherofthe80ssherofthe80s Member Posts: 43
    Regardless of the incentive, I would see how low of a price you can get today now that the CARS program has ended. The "what others are paying" on TMV has changed quite a bit since we bought our car just a month ago today because of CARS so I wouldn't go by that just now. Why don't you start by trying to get a few email quotes and bring them back here to see what people think. We paid $18,000+ for our Touring (options were all weather floor mats, cargo net, wheel locks and bumper guards) after all incentives and feel like we got a very fair deal.
    Ultimately, you're going to have to make that call yourself - no one has a crystal ball on how things are going to play out so there are risks either way. No harm in getting some quotes now to see what kind of a deal you can get. I will probably wait a month before seriously shopping again, because I think the incentives will continue on 09's and I think sales over the next month will be very weak which (i hope) will make dealers more willing to cut a better deal than they might today.
  • vikgvikg Member Posts: 4
    Hi folks, I'm trying to buy a Sport Automatic in Seattle. I was looking at cars.com to see if their incentives data matches what Edmunds and other sites indicate. According to http://www.cars.com/go/advice/incentives/incentivesModel.jsp?zc=98112&myid=10292- , there is a $500 cash incentive on all three trim lines.

Is this cash 4 clunkers, or perhaps a new end of model year rebate?

Thanks,
    Vik
    Following up to my own post, University Mazda in Seattle appears to have the rebate on their site.

According to http://www.umazda.com/NewModelsPage, the 2009 Mazda5 can be had for "0.9% APR for up to 36 MONTHS PLUS $500 Customer Cash (7)".

Doesn't sound like cash4clunkers ... anybody know what's up here?

Thanks!
    Vik
  • bgrass2bgrass2 Member Posts: 5
    I requested, as recommended in this thread, the OTD price on a Mazda5, Sports Trim with AT, and no options from a dealer in KY.

The Manager replied with the following:

"Here is your price on this 09 Mazda 5 Sport automatic. Microbe 19855.00 sale price is $17949.00 + $1649.17 TLF = $19,598.17."

Does this translate to:

The low MSRP is 19855.00

and, his OTD price is

$17949.00 ($17,899 Invoice + $50 dealer add-on )
    +$1649.17 TLF (TLF is the acronym for Tax, License, and Fees - ???)
    _________

$19,598.17 (OTD) Price - ???

Here in KY; the Sales Tax is 6%, and the Title and Registration Fees are $13.00 and $21.00, respectively. (Title and Registration Fees combined total is $34.00).

Edmunds' TMV on 9-2-09 for this vehicle indicates that the price others are paying is $18,771 ($122 over invoice).

If I add on the 6% KY Sales Tax to the $18,771 TMV Price, it comes to $19897.26.

What I think may be the Dealer's quoted OTD price of $19,598.17 is $299.09 less than $19897.26.

Is this possible? I would think that the dealer charges a documentation fee in addition to the $750 Destination Charge fee.

Perhaps the dealer is using a $500 Customer Cash incentive in his computations.

Or, am I completely off base in my translation of the manager's quote? I feel like I need to get the manager to fax me his offer (if it is one), before I step one foot on the dealership lot for his also offered test drive.

TLF is the acronym for Tax, License, and Fees?

Any comments or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!
    If I read your story right, the dealer is offering you to buy the car for the 17949 + tax, license and fees. 6% tax on that brings it up to only 19025.94 though. So I don't know if it's really $573 for license and fees or if there is some other trickiness going on. I would clarify exactly where that $573 is going.

Cash 4 Clunkers has cleared out the sitting inventory of Mazda5's, as evidenced by the sales numbers Mazda posted yesterday for August: http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS203557+01-Sep-2009+PRN20090901. I tried to buy a couple Sport AT models sitting on Seattle area dealer lots over this past weekend, and was being offered something like 18,900 + tax, license, and fees. By comparison people on this board were buying the very same car for 17000+TLF in July.

So you have to decide if that price works for you (and of course get to the bottom of the $573). The guy is still making plenty of money; these cars have a $1750 factory-to-dealer incentive ("dealer engagement cash") and holdback and all sorts of other kickers.

Good luck,
    Vik
    Following up on my own post: I guess if the dealer were offering you something like $19200 out the door ($175 for title and "doc" fees) and you really wanted this car right now, I would probably take it.

I have decided to retreat from buying a car because I think these guys are in for continued pain come November when the 2010s start showing up en masse, and everybody who wanted a car just got done getting one via c4c. I hope to name my price then, as so many on this board did earlier this summer.

Good luck.
    Thanks for your replies.

There is definitely something funny with the dealer figures - new math, I guess:). Especially when you try to back into them when it's known fact that the Invoice Price without the $750 Destination Charge Fee is $17899. And, $750 is greater than $573. I know that the dealer is going to ensure I pay the $750 Destination Charge Fee.

The dealer is suppose to call me tomorrow...so, I'll see if honors his quoted $19,598.17 OTD price that includes TTL. My new math indicates that the price of the vehicle with Title and Registration Fees included is $18,488.84 ($282 below Edmunds' TMV of $18,771 and $160 under invoice). The tax is $1,109.33. (I know that the $34 Title and Registration Fees would not be included in the taxable amount, but the dealer's figures really confuse me).

I have a feeling I won't be making a deal tomorrow or later today. It's 1.43 AM now.

Again, thanks for your replies.

And, thanks for the wishes of luck...I think I'm going to need them.
  • newcarbuyer18newcarbuyer18 Member Posts: 6
    Picked it up tonight.

Stormy blue color, base Touring model, no options other than I came home with the floor mats. Not sure if that's standard or if the dealer threw them in as a bonus.

MSRP of $21,670. Paid $19,276 (including the $1,750 dealer incentive). With TTL = $20,572.

I realize that probably gave the dealer about a few hundred dollars of profit over invoice (in fact the actual invoice was at $20,526 including the regional ad fees that Mazda charges the dealer), but I was ok with the deal. This was literally the only Touring left within 100 miles and another dealer I talked to wanted sticker if they had to get one by trading with another dealer. That other dealer also was about $1,000 low on my trade and very difficult to deal with.

This was an excellent dealership. The sales consultant was a little "salesy", but a good guy. They were straightforward on pricing, explaining incentives & when to expect the 2010s and I felt like they were very honest. We did almost all of the negotiating via phone and email, which included them providing a very fair offer for a trade-in that I had.

I don't mind a dealer making a reasonable profit, so long as I am not getting ripped off.

Definitely would recommend Fred Vincent Mazda in the Cleveland, OH area. Good people.
  • vicenacvicenac Member Posts: 229
    Hey wait a minute!
    Congrats on your new Mazda (how do you like it so far?)
    & when to expect the 2010s
    So when did he say we could expect the 2010s?

Thank you!
    So far so good. Looks like it will be a nice purchase. The only thing I might have done differently is get a GT model. Not a big fan of Mazda's cloth seats, but the car seems well built. $$$ dictated that I buy a Touring though.

He expected 2010s to show up around December, but no specific date. Another dealer told me "in several weeks", so it sounds like they'll arrive in November/December.
    Thank you!
    That's sooo sad for me. There are no cars left around here.... I'll just have to pospone buying a mazda 5 one more time :cry:
    What else should I get? Don't say Rondo, cause there aren't any of those either.
  • asongofsmileasongofsmile Member Posts: 2
    I got a response from the dealership: $17450 for M5-sports (automatic). This includes the $1750 dealership incentive/rebate. TTL not included. Is it a good price?
    I purchased the 2009 Mazda5, Sport Trim with automatic transmission (AT), and no options from Neil Huffman VW, Inc. Mazda-Subaru in Louisville, KY on 9-11-09 that had a MSRP of 19,855.00. My out-the-door price (including KY Sales Tax, License and Fees) was $19,598.17.

The MSRP breakdown:

19,105.00 - Total Vehicle and Options
    750.00 - Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee
    _________

The breakdown of my out-the-door price of 19,598.17, per the sales contract:

17,949.00 - Sales Price (net of all dealer discounts)
    1,072.17 - KY Sales Tax (6% on 90% of MSRP)
    56.00 - License Fee (Note: Actual Registration and Title Fees are $27.00)
    22.00 - Transfer (Title Lien Statement)
    499.00 - Customer Services
    _________

19,598.17 - Total

The following is my analysis of this deal:

The Sales Price of 17,949.00 for this particular model (Sport Trim with AT) of the Mazda5 is $700.00 under the dealer's invoice price. This is based on Edmunds.com True Market Value (TMV) Report for this vehicle, as of 9-6-09:

Invoice Price (What the Dealer Paid)

17,899.00 - Base Model Vehicle
    0.00 - Regional Adjustment
    0.00 - Selected Options (No optional Equipment selected)
    0.00 - Color Adjustment (Galaxy Gray Mica)
    750.00 - Destination Charge
    _________
    18,649.00 - Total (Excluding tax and licensing)

So, $18,649.00 minus $17,949.00 equals $700.00 under dealer's invoice.

However, I later obtained a copy of the actual Dealer's Invoice that reflects a Louisville Assessment Fee of $300.00 added to the $18,649.00 standard Invoice Price; therefore, I obtained the vehicle for $1,000.00 under dealer's invoice of $18,949.00. (Please note that on the actual Dealer's Invoice it clearly states that $18,949.00 is the total before applicable discounts. I speculate that these discounts are dealer's holdback - 2% of MSRP or $397.10, and various incentives).

The $1,072.17 KY Sales Tax is based on one (6% on 90% of the MSRP) of the two computational methods used in the State of KY for determining the Sales Tax on a new car purchase. The other method uses the actual purchase price of the vehicle, and if it's lower than MSRP, you pay less KY Sales Tax.

The padded $56.00 License fee is overstated by the dealer. Per the the DMV; in the Monroe County Court House, it's $18.00 (Registration) and $9.00 (Title), respectively. So, the dealer overcharged amount (profit) is $39.00.

The excessive $499.00 "standard" Customer Services Fee that this dealership charges is essentially all profit for the dealership. A more realistic fee should be under $150.00 for their Customer Services Fee (AKA as the documentation fee, and the dealer's preparation fee that involves doing the 30-45 minutes of paperwork and washing/cleaning of the exterior/interior of the vehicle, prior to the car delivery to the customer).

So, the dealer gave me $1,000.00 under dealer's invoice on the car price, but then took back $538.00 in fees (either padded or excessive).

As a result, my deal was $462.00 under Dealer's Invoice overall.

Per Edmunds.com TMV Price Report, as of 9-6-09, what others are paying for this vehicle is $18,771.00 (Excluding tax and licensing) which is $122.00 over invoice.

However; as others have pointed out, Edmunds.com TMV Report is somewhat inflated as a result of the Cash 4 Clunkers (CARS Program) due to lack of motivation on the part of customers to haggle with dealers on car deals; since, the buyer was already getting $3500.00 to $4500.00 off the deal from the government.

Overall, I believe I received a decent deal on my new 2009 Mazda5 car purchase after everything is said and done.

The buying experience at the dealership was terrible. Even though I had a scheduled date and time to pick-up the vehicle at the dealership; none of the paperwork had been accomplished or the car cleaned, prior to my arrival. The dealership was even having trouble finding the 2nd key for the vehicle. I have a "Due Bill" from the dealership for providing me the 2nd key once found. I hope I get the key. I've read that the key costs over $150.00 after factoring in the cost to program the key.

The outdated salesman's antics (well-known silly games) were in full play even though I had a pre-negotiated out-the-door price, prior to stepping one foot on the dealership lot; e.g., having you sign a credit application so they can do a credit check on you based on a lie that the federal government requires it after 9-11, trying to have you sign all the paperwork before your final inspection of the vehicle, trying to sell you the dealership's extended warranty plan to make more dealer's profit, the sales consultant giving you his word they will fix things you noticed about the vehicle later on (and, in my case, missing 2nd key) - heads up, get it in writing on a "Due Bill," and adding $200.00 to the sales contract (their computer mysteriously miscalculating the sales tax) to see if they can catch you sleeping when signing the sales contract, etc.

Update: The 2nd factory issued transmitter and key could not be found at the dealership. Supposedly, they will order a replacement key and transmitter for the vehicle, and I will return with the vehicle to the dealership to have this replacement key programmed.

Latest Update: After threatening the Sales Manager of elevating the missing 2nd key to the General Manager or Owner of the Dealership, they made a 2nd key (and programmed it) for my vehicle on 9-28-09. In addition, they also re-painted the rear bumper that had a very noticeable scratch below the hatchback while I was there to obtain the newly made and programmed 2nd key. (This scratch, BTW, was also documented on a "Due Bill," per my request). I believe the 4 hours at the dealership waiting for these corrective actions to be taken were will spent - actually 9 hours of my time spent, if you take into consideration the 5 hours round trip travel time to the dealership. I guess you could argue that these corrective actions, I requested, should never of been necessary if the dealership didn't lose the the 2nd key, in the first place, and the noticeable scratch on the bumper was corrected, prior, to trying to sell the vehicle to me (AS IS).

My final words on the buying experience, please complete Mazda's Customer Survey to let them know how their franchised dealers are welcoming you to the "Mazda Family" of Mazda Car Owners. I hate being sarcastic, but I don't really believe Mazda really cares how you are treated, as long as their cars are being sold. However, they should be informed.

P.S. Also; do yourself a favor and save some money as I did, and do your own financing arrangements (e.g; 4.49% pre-approval loan through my credit union). And, do not allow the dealership to do your financing (another dealer's profit area).
    While you were anywhere from $700 to $1000 below invoice on the price of the car itself, you have to remember that the dealer actually had $1,750 of engagement cash from Mazda he could use to discount the car if you arranged your own financing.

It sounds like he basically split that with you, so you ended up anywhere from $750 to $1,050 OVER invoice after factoring in the $1,750. Agree with you that the "customer services" fee was excessive. Here in Ohio it's pretty much a flat $250 "doc fee" everywhere.

If you like your car, don't worry too much about it. I paid what I think was an even $500 over invoice for my Touring, but was ok with the deal. I had walked from the same dealer a few weeks before and pretty much found this was as low as they would go. There will always be somebody out there that gets a better deal, so you just have to buy the car that you like at a fair price and move on.

I'd be more focused on the nonsense they pulled with the key and scratch on the vehicle - sounds like really lousy customer service there.
    Yes, you're probably right that the dealer split the $1,750 engagement cash from Mazda with my wife and me. So, if you take the perspective that the invoice price, as a result, should be adjusted downward we paid over invoice as you indicated.

In regards to the key, I informed Mazda about it. Here's their reply:

Hello Ken,

Thanks for contacting Mazda.

I regretted to read that the actions of the Neil Huffman Mazda may not have lived up to your expectations. Please understand all authorized Mazda dealerships are independently owned and operated businesses. As such, they are solely responsible for the business transactions they make, including repairs and services they perform on vehicles. Currently Mazda can only produce copies of the key at the dealership. We do not have copies with us.

Your feedback regarding your experience is important and is valued. Rest assured I have documented your comments regarding Neil Huffman for our corporate record. We continuously evaluate these records as part of our ongoing commitment to provide only the highest quality products and services.

Genuine Mazda Parts and Accessories can be purchased from your local authorized Mazda dealership. Keep in mind, pricing will vary from dealer to dealer, as each Mazda dealership is an independently owned and operated business.

Again, thank you for contacting Mazda.

Regards,

Name (Removed)
    Customer Assistance Specialist, E-Business

So, based on the above reply I received from Mazda, is why I made the statement that I don't believe Mazda really cares how their dealerships are treating their customers as long as they're selling their cars.

I also completed Mazda's on-line Customer Survey providing feedback on our buying experience with their dealership.

What is really sad is my wife was the one who wanted her "Soccer Nanny" minivan for the grand children. And, she is so distressed over this car buying experience that she won't even drive the vehicle now. Perhaps over time, she will change her mind, but right now...Neil Huffman and Mazda are bad words to her.

I guess we were spoiled when we purchased our new Volvo, and the outstanding customer service we received from Volvo before and after the purchase. I guess she thought we would receive the same caliber of service from Mazda.

All that I can say is that this will be our first and last Mazda.
    #1106 of 1110
    How about this quote: $17450 for M5-sports AT by asongofsmile
    Sep 30, 2009 (8:03 am)
    Save | Reply

I got a response from the dealership: $17450 for M5-sports (automatic). This includes the $1750 dealership incentive/rebate. TTL not included. Is it a good price?

Invoice on that car is $18,649. Subtracting out the $1,750 dealer engagement cash = $16,899.

So the real price they're quoting you is about $550 above invoice. However, I assume they pay Mazda about $200 to $250 of regional ad fees as well.

So this dealer would be making about $300 plus their holdback at this price. Not a bad price, but if there are a lot of Sport models still sitting on lots near you, they should be able to price it at or slightly below invoice.

If this is one of the only ones in stock, that's not a bad deal. Not fantastic, but not bad. Doubt you will get them to budge more than a couple hundred $$$ at most below there unless there are a lot of cars still on lots.
  • ldislerldisler Member Posts: 83
    I would think you could do better, but I think supply is limited now.
    In July I got a Touring for $17,900 which included the $1750 and an additional $500
    Cash For Clunkers Mazda incentive. At the time supplies were high but became low very quickly (Cash for Clunkers). As they get closer to the 2010's hitting dealers I suspect prices should go down again.
    Where, besides this thread, is the $1,750 dealer engagement cash (Manufacturer-to-Dealer incentive) documented? In this thread, did this information come from individuals who posted what they were told by dealers?

Also, is this $1,750 cash/incentive made available by Mazda to all their regional dealerships?

I'm just curious where the information originated from, and its validity for all Mazda dealerships.

For example, on the East Coast after 8-3-09, there still was a $500 Manufacturer-to-Customer incentive while other regions did not still have this incentive. Of course, you could not use Mazda's financing from their participating dealerships with the $500 Customer incentive/rebate.

Thanks!
  • asongofsmileasongofsmile Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for your replies. Bought the M5 already. I also think a little more waiting time will give me a lower price. But I need the car now. So....

The total was
    $17350 +TTL$981=$18331.
  • jeffsnavelyjeffsnavely Member Posts: 3
    09 sport/auto, wheel locks, got them to throw in all-weather floor mats & cargo liner

$17090 + $100 dealer processing & $20 electronic registration fee = $17,210.

OTD in VA was $17,824

Bought from Congressional Mazda in Rockville, MD but had two other dealers matching the same price: Brown's Chantillly (VA) Mazda and Gaithersburg (MD) Mazda.

Chantilly has the largest stock left, Rockville has at least 1 manual too.
  • kneetahkneetah Member Posts: 1
    I have looked at Chantilly Mazda a couple of times. Did you by any chance ask them about the online special? http://www.chantillymazda.com/specials/new.htm
    going for $15,559? I am hopefully going in Tuesday but wanted to here what they said to others also. How are you liking your new car??
  • jeffsnavelyjeffsnavely Member Posts: 3
    don't know about the online special.

I absolutely love the car! My wife & I have had many many German cars over the years including Porsche 996, Boxster S, BMW M5, Audi S4, etc. but I wanted something slower as I was driving too fast all the time.
    The Mazda5 does not feel too slow and is quite fun to drive for what it is. It is amazing how competent such an entry-level car can be. The auto tranny is very impressive also.
    I asked Mazda directly when the new 2010 will arive at dealers. For SoCAL - November 6.
    This sucks for me! I'm walking for 2 weekes already.....
  • abraindrainerabraindrainer Member Posts: 312
    The $15,559 number is for manual MZ5 that most certainly does not include destination. That means about 16.3k but before they try to stick the buyer with the doc/junk fee of $300+.

It could be a good starting point but one can probably do a bit better with a bit more effort... particularly when '10 models land on the lots.
  • ba_buyerba_buyer Member Posts: 1
    I have an offer for a new 2010 Mazda5 (sport, automatic, no extras) from a dealer in the San Jose, CA area for $ 19,000. Is it a good price and time to buy? Should I wait for some more time for better pricing/ inventory?
    Hi all,

I am finaly buying my new Mazda5 Grand Touring. The MSRP is 23 755. The offer is 21,488 plus fees. I do not know yet what the fees are.
    Does anyone know the invoice price for this one? Edmunds is a little behind with this model.

Thank you!

Victor
  • bricknordbricknord Member Posts: 85
    2010 Mazda5 Sport Auto for $19k at Northtowne in Kansas City. $16k trade allowance for 09 Mazda6 Sport Auto. This beat the best deal I could get as a previous client at Lee's Summit Mazda by $750. Worth driving 30 miles across town for $750. Took me 10% of the work to get this price at N-towne never having bought a car there as it did to get to $750 higher at LS Mazda having bought a car there in July. So much for wanting repeat business. Wish I would have shopped Northtowne when I bought the 6. FYI to anyone looking in the KC area.
    I am responding to my own post to add details:
    MSRP is 23 755
    offer is 21,488 plus fees
    fees are DMV, some $8.75 local tire tax and $55 doc tax and the sales tax which is 9.75% here.
    Now this is under invoice, because there is a 750 incentive for dealers. The sales guy tells me he can give me the 750 (already substracted to get to the offer number) OR he can give me the 4.9 low APR. If I get the 750, then the APR would be 5.9.

Now, can this be true?
    I finally got my 2010 GT. it had to be brought from 100 miles away. Not much inventory, at all.
    The dealer told me he has an incentive of 750. If he passes the incentive to me, then he can't give me the lowest APR. So I had to chose. I went to Capital One and I got approved a lower APR then the lowest the dealer could offer. They sent me a blank check so I went to the dealer with it.
    The sales manager said they'll try to beat the APR. When I got to the finance manager, the games begun! They don't want to take the check from Capital One. They had bad experience from them, honoring the checks with great delay. They would let me take the car home (I was putting down 5k) if I would promise to bring a cashier's check with the balance, or they'll offer me their lowest APR (not possible before).
    I went outside and called Capital One to find out if they can send a cashier's check. Nope. Their advice was to go to another dealer.
    I went back in the office and told them that Capital One would send the check, but cannot guarantee the 7 days. So I'd like to get their lowest (4.9). Keep in mind the price included the 750 incentive which could not have been combined with the 4.9, but it can be.
    After running all the numbers, everything goes through. Then the extended warranty battle. 1700. Nope. Oh wait there is a coupon! 200 bucks OFF. Nope. OK, then I'll raise your APR back. Hold on what's that? Well, the coupon also includes a low APR of 3.75 for the entire loan. So I said yes.
    Now I've got the car for 21.500+1500 extended at 3.75.

I didn't go there to leave the dealer naked. I expect them to be there when I need service. But that's a good reading of what your own financing can bring. The initial APR they wanted to offer, was 5.9.
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,968
    Cancel the warranty if you really don't want it...what kind of game are they playing? Find out how long the grace period when a cancellation is possible, then do it. If you want to keep, you're golden. Just stinks the way they played you!

The Sandman :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

Well, I was happy with the 4.9, but when they lowered the APR, the warranty seemed a good deal. It's a 7 year. We had a problem car before, and the car rental bills alone would have made up for the warranty.
    SO I was going to look for a deal online. This made it worth for me.
    I don't know if this one will brake a lot, but the heated seats seem to work whenever they want, to, so it looks that I'll be in a rental pretty soon :)
    Thanks for replying and caring.
  • funktion-elfunktion-el Member Posts: 6
    Test drove the Mazda5 this weekend and loved it. I understand the '10 models have stability/traction however I am a firm believer that a well trained and attentive driver doesn't need it. Local dealership gave me a price on a 2009 Sport with manual transmission of $15,925 plus tax (All other fees included) and mentioned the incentive of $1750 as well as a "dealer cash" amount that he wouldn't divulge. He also told me that the 2.9% for 60 month financing could not be combined with the $1750 incentive. Curious to know if this is the truth since the Mazda website doesn't mention anything about the special financing not being stackable with a rebate and also wondering if anyone knows what the "dealer cash" amount is since I cannot find anything about it on the web anywhere! For that matter, nowhere can I even still find anything about the $1750 incentive still being alive but it must be if they are offering it.

Thanks for the help.
  • pb2themaxpb2themax Member Posts: 471
    I just looked at a new 2010 Mazda5 GT. Stickered for $23,755. I talked them down to $20,700. We are thinking about it. Not sure about fees and tax. I'm trying to decide if I should get this or something bigger. I wish it had a hair more space behind the 3rd row and a bit more horse power. I'm looking at a used Honda Pilot.
    You guys were right! I've got scammed. The finance manager told me the total care covers damaged wheels. Like when you hit a pothole. And with aluminum wheels, that's like 400 a piece.
    Well guess what! I hit a curb a scratched the wheel. I thought, well that sucks, but I'm covered. Turns out you have to have a flat tire and if the wheel gets damaged as a result of that, then it's covered. There is actualy language specific against hitting curbs and potholes.
    Other things not covered are squeaks, squeals and rattles. Exactly what this car is prone to.
  • jvst1cejvst1ce Member Posts: 7
    Ladies and Gentlemen;

I am buying a Mazda GT 2009 on the East Coast. I plan to email all my local sales managers or fleet managers and deal with whomever gives me the best price.

I won't even go into the dealership until I have the best pricing agreed via email.
    I will then go to the second place bid and see if they will beat the first.

I am doing the same thing with a Mini Cooper purchase - and have recruited 4 other mini buyers to do this with me. We are dangling the carrot of 4 sales in one fell swoop to the ONE dealer that gives us the best price.

I would love to attempt the same thing with anyone looking to buy a Mazda.
    I am in NY - but will go to NY, NJ, Conn, or Pennsylvania for the best deal.

We would agree on the car price first - pick the dealer - and then each person is on their own to deal with trade-ins, financing, lease, or whatever.

If you are interested - email me techdirektor@yahoo.com - I want to send this email out to the dealers either tomorrow or Friday.

Black Friday is usually horrible for Car Dealers from what I hear and I think we will get lots of focus.

FM
  • jbmazdajbmazda Member Posts: 2
    $19,465 OTD
    3.9%
    Dealer throws in DVD Player
    Black
    I live in CT and just bought (cash purchase) a 2010 Mazda5 Sport automatic with these options: Popular Equipment Package (liftgate spoiler, side sill extensions, 6-CD in dash player), door edge guards, rear bumber guard, all weather mats, and cargo net.

MSRP = $20,920; dealer invoice = $19,574, less $750 dealer cash discount, equals $18,824. I paid $18,516 for the car ($308 beneath discount-adjusted invoice.) The dealer made up for that through a pretty bloated "dealer conveyance fee" of $489. My final out-the-door cost was $20,300 = $18,516+$489 (doc fee)+$1,140 (CT 6% sales tax)+$155 (registration/title).

There aren't many Mazda5 Sport vehicles around in copper red (the only color we were interested in), and fewer still that have the Popular Equipment Package we wanted. The dealer I bought from had this exact car on his lot (one mile on the odometer) and is only a 1 hour drive away from us. He initially quoted me a figure that was about $700 above what we eventually settled on. I had called close to 75 other dealerships across the northeast to get a good feel for the range of pricing that was being offered, and it helped a lot in my negotiating to have received a particularly low quote from a NJ dealer. After some back and forth, my CT dealer was willing to lower his price enough to get within a few hundred dollars of the NJ quote I had received. Before finalizing the deal, I followed up again with other area dealerships to see if they could beat that OTD cost, but none of them could get close to it, in part because they would have to pay to have the car transported to their lot from another dealer.
  • gsadasivgsadasiv Member Posts: 1
    I live in Fremont CA. Bought a Mazda5 sport MT last friday from fremont dealer. With no extra options it came to 17.7k (15.8 for the car + taxes and fees) out of the door . Is that a good deal?
    thanks
  • photonmasterphotonmaster Member Posts: 3
    Just picked up a leftover 09 Sport (5 spd), no other options - $14.9K + trade-in (a 1997 Volvo with 192,000 miles) + TTL.
  • craigmricraigmri Member Posts: 243
    Considering a 2010 Mazda5 Sport with auto...No other options.

Was quoted $16,999 plus tax and tag transfer. Is this a good deal or should I hold out for lower?

Thanks in advance.

Craig