Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volvo S60 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• r28777r28777 Member Posts: 2
    I just bought a s60 at texas. i think it is good deal. $28000 for 2007 S60, premium package. I just did not expect this monster eat gas so quick. MPG is about 22. It should be much higher than that. I don't know what tricks you guys can provide me to save some gas money.
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    22 is probably what you can expect unless you drive mostly highway miles at a conservative pace. The more city driving you do, the lower your mpg will be.
    Maybe you will can get 1-2mpg more as the car breaks-in after a few thousand miles.
  • haggus1haggus1 Member Posts: 1
    stchiu,

Please refrain from using terms that you as a dealer use on a consumer site, as in 'delivery', since it easily identifies you as a dealer and nullifies your desire to inflate the prices on this site.
  • kasperghostkasperghost Member Posts: 72
    Mine is the higher hp t5 and I get 25 mpg mixed, and have gone through tanks at 28 at times. This is w/ my trip computer so it may be off. I also live and work at about 5500 ft above sea level. It will go up as time goes on like jaxs1 pointed out. 5 to 10k is when you will see this.

Congrats!
  • lweisslweiss Member Posts: 342
    I don't have the S60, but my trusty 1998 Volvo S70 (120K) miles averages 24mpg combined city/suburban/some highway. And it is the non-turbo version of the S60 engine. One thing about Volvos- even my old car does not rattle, it is still as tight as a new car and has a solid feel to it. And still the seats are awesome, the controls are nicely laid out, and it feels safe. Maybe that's why people keep them so long.
  • volvos60volvos60 Member Posts: 2
    I just bought a 2007 Volvo S60. Paid $31000 for premium, convenience and climate package. Hope it was a good deal?
  • pats1pats1 Member Posts: 36
    haggus1,

If your reply was directed at my posting and you assume that because I used the word "delivery" I am dealer or work for one (and therefore my motives for posting here are suspect), you are clearly ignorant and closed-minded. I have taken "delivery" of many cars in my 30+ years of driving - all as a consumer, and have never worked in the car business in any capacity. I don't know what caused to reach that conclusion and then take the time to pen that post, but apparently you need to increase the breadth of your own vocabulary and ability to READ what others want you to learn from what they share here as opposed to assuming subtrifuge and assailing common folk who simply want to share their experiences here.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Don't sweat it... I believed you.. ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• zwuzwu Member Posts: 2
    your out S60 is 24150?!!!
  • zwuzwu Member Posts: 2
    I am looking to buy a S60. had a friend who bought a new 2006 S60 model last summer for $25800 with sport wheels.
    and I saw some amazing price like $28000 with premium package.
    asked a few local dealers in Miami, FL, the best price so far I have is $27800 for the base model. Not even with metallic paint.
    is there anybody know a recent transaction for reference?
    does that mean I need to wait till the summer to get a good deal? or maybe i shall consider to buy it in NJ?
    thanks in advance.
  • beaner603beaner603 Member Posts: 3
    We paid $31k last July for an '06 with premium, convenience and climate....and AWD. We deliberately waited for the big cash-back clearance incentives. I would say that if you got an '07 with everything you mentioned and AWD, you got a great deal. BTW, the AWD is awesome. We just got a foot of heavy, wet snow and it just goes right through it.
  • volvos60volvos60 Member Posts: 2
    My 2007 for $31K did not have AWD, but included metallic paint, satellite radio prep as well as prem./conv/climate packages. Still think it was pretty good deal for '07. They also gave me a generous trade-in value. Am really enjoying the car1
  • todd7todd7 Member Posts: 16
    Just sealed the deal on an 07 S60R full spec minus navigation and satelite radio prep. Paid 37k and change. I'm doing the Volvo Factory pickup and leave in the middle of June to pick it up.
  • sunnyday220sunnyday220 Member Posts: 2
    :cry: Hello all, I really need some fast help. I am trying to get out of a 2006 Mercedes-Benz C230. Because of a great promotion on my job, I now have 22,000 miles on the car and I bought it new in July 06 and the miles will keep coming. I found several dealers that are offering incentives one of which is Volvo on the S60. After offering $30,000 on the S60, the dealer said he'd only give me $19,000 on my trade. The payoff is $35,000. :cry: . Should I just give up and live with my huge Mercedes mistake, or is there someone who can give me advise on this issue. My credit score is 679 -711. Help please
  • l12l12 Member Posts: 2
    Just got a 2006 S60 T5 SE at what I think it a pretty good price, at least according to Edmunds TMV and what I read here.

It's got leather, moonroof, 9 speakers, pretty much all the upgrades but no navi system or heated seats.

Great condition but 28,000 miles after just 1 year of ownership.

Paid $23K flat in Florida. Taxes came out to about $1800 additional which was covered by my trade-in (old poor condition 97 Nissan Sentra w/ 66,000 miles which needed $1000 in repairs).

Really happy with my car so far!

Is it a good deal?

$23K was the price they told me when I walked on the lot (Sticker price was $27K) so I was skeptical and tried my best to negotiate it down but they just kept saying "This is the rock-bottom, if you want to pay less we should look at the S40s".
  • beaner603beaner603 Member Posts: 3
    Let me get this straight...you have a credit score below 720, and you're driving a new Mercedes? The kind of advice you need won't be found on any car forum. Try www.suzeorman.com
  • confused7confused7 Member Posts: 25
    Hi, Kasperghost (and anyone else who knows)...

I wanted your advice. I've got a 2006 S60 T5 and according to my trip monitor, I'm averaging 17-19mpg. (The car has 15,000 miles on it - I bought it used from a dealer in May 06 at 7700 miles. The dealer had put it on the road in Dec 05.)

I do all city (Los Angeles) driving, not much freeway though. What is your secret?

What gasoline are you using? (BTW, I can't get a straight story on whether 87 is bad for the car or not... the manual says use either, the dealer I bought it from was putting 87 in it, and the dealer nearest me who just did a service on it says, only use 91!)

Thanks.
  • l12l12 Member Posts: 2
    As for gas, 87 is certainly not bad for the car. Any higher may give you increased performance in terms of speed, but not better MPG.

I have the exact same car as you with 28,000 miles.

As for mpg, I get 20 city in a small city with much less traffic and stopping than LA so I'm sure 17-19 is not bad really. All you can do to improve is not use AC, keep windows up (air drag), accelerate slowly, don't go too fast, and keep the tire pressure high.
  • realtorken1realtorken1 Member Posts: 14
    Ok, what do you all think of this offer...

'07 S60 2.5T
    Premium Package
    Climate Package

$23,886.75

We are going to be leasing it and with $2k down for about $320 for 36 with a 42% residual which leaves us able to purchase at the end of the term a 3 yr old S60 for around 10k
  • spiderdanspiderdan Member Posts: 10
    The residual is based on MSRP, not negotiated priced. Since the MSRP on your car is approx. $35,700, the residual will be around $15,000. Nevertheless, you got a great deal. How did you get the dealer to go below $24k? They're probably losing money on this one.
  • vtdogvtdog Member Posts: 163
    I started looking at S60s. I had an offer of $ 500 over invoice (cant remember exact figure), but it was in line with invoice numbers that I have seen on KBB/Edmunds. The car was an automatic with awd with the 3 big packages, but not nav. They will also replace the 17 inch wheels with 16 and take off an extra $ 500 if that is what I want.

How does the $ 500 over invoice seem?
  • kasperghostkasperghost Member Posts: 72
    When I drive around town, I tend to get 25 mpg. per my trip computer. I drive a stick as well. But with modern automatic trannies, this factor should be at the outside a mile or two mpg. I also live at 6300 feet in altitude. Altitude is not a function of fuel economy. You do lose power though. My commute is 5 minutes from home (6 on a bad traffic day:). This is hard on the engine. Since we got a puppy, we have been taking the dog on longer trips. So I am taking a lot of short trips on a cold engine. I should have poorer MPG.

I also tend to baby my turbo on these kinds of trips. I try to stay below the magic 2700 RPM barrier or ease past it. The only time I start ripping on my turbo is when the engine has been running for at least 20-30 minutes. Having the manual allows for very low shifts.

Gas- Premium.

Your car has adjustable cams, knock sensors, etc. that manage fuel ignition to the nth degree. Fuel is a choice because the car compensates. You will lose power with lower octane ratings though because they atomize less quickly and less fuel is burned per stroke, therefore the engine "detunes" itself. Octane rating is how quickly the gas evaporates- nothing to do with power. (I am sure the power loss is miniscule though)

My wife grannies her truck around and it specifically states premium only- yet it has been running on regular for several years just fine.

Were all services done?

Don't know that this was much help.

What's you color and options- don't you love the way it drives!

Good luck.
  • pixiepoopixiepoo Member Posts: 5
    I went to a dealership on Saturday & here are the numbers: (S60 with Premium & Climate pacakges)
    MSRP: 35400
    Invoice (per dealership) 31500
    Dealer Incentives 4500
    Invoice from Edmunds 30495

So according to the worksheet i subtract 4500 from the invoice 30495 & have a figure of 25995. This is the amount I should pay? Are they going to laugh me off the lot when I offer that amount?
    Invoice you mention (30495) is for an S60 WITHOUT the options. You need to factor in the cost for Premium, Climate and paint (if applicable). According to Edmunds, invoice would be $33,324 (if you went with metallic paint upgrade).

Dan
    Oh, I was looking at the TMV Price. Without options it is 26660. With options the tmv price IS 30495. Im not going with the paint upgrade. Am I wrong in wanting to use the TMV price & then deducting the Rebates from that? That is how the TMV worksheet has it set up.
    Wow, that's a huge TMV price fluctuation compared to my area (44056). TMV in Cleveland, OH is $34,454 (S60/Premium/Climate).

Dan
    It is a big difference. Do you think they are going to think I am nuts offering that price?
    Not if the incentives from last month are still in place. Here's the deal I got on my S60 (Metallic/Premium/Climate):

- MSRP: $35,725
    - Cap cost (negotiated deal): $25,425
    - Residual value: $12,488
    - Money factor: .00191
    - Term: 48 months/12,000 miles
    - Total due at delivery: $629 (first payment, doc, title)
    - Monthly payment (includes tax): $379.72
    - Ohio tax (6.25%) and bank fee was worked into the lease

Basically I got the car for $100 over invoice. And then there was $8000 of customer cash from Volvo if leasing through third-party bank (US Bank in my case).
    The offer now is $28200 not including $300 processing fee. It doesn't includeT/T either-these will be right under $1000. This is with the premium & climate-Ice White. How does that sound?
    I think you could do much better. As Car_man recently stated Car_man, "Volvo S60: Lease Questions" #358, 23 May 2007 4:03 am), the customer cash on an S60/2.5T is $8500. So at a minimum, your capitalized cost should be TMV minus $8500. Basically anywhere between $24,400 - $25,500 should be a decent deal.
  • izzmo7998izzmo7998 Member Posts: 17
    2006 S60 Demo with Climate, Premium, Bi- Xenon and Wood Steering Wheel. 10K miles. Price is 23,900. 12k off MSRP. Also is it safe to buy Demos. I heard they get abuse and abuse. Please provide any input, thanks again.
    Excuse my ignorance but the incentive I see on puchasing (not leasing) this car is $4500 manufacturer to dealer. Is the $8500 for leases only?
    Using consumer reports data that include incentives #'s I should start negotiating at $28172. Am I missing something?
    You're correct, I mistakenly thought I was in the leasing forum. Sorry about that.
  • plasmaplasma Member Posts: 1
    I am interested in purchasing a new 07 volvo s60. The detailed description and packages are listed out below.

Year: 2007
    Interior Color: Graphite Leather
    Make: Volvo
    Model: S60
    Trim: 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo )

Automatic Transmission
    Metallic Paint
    Premium Package
    Climate package

The best price before tax I can get is 28.5k. But the dealer said this offer is only valid by next Monday. Is this a good deal? In addition, will the price of volvo 07 model decease a lot in July? Thanks a lot!
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    Go to our new Dealer Rater to post your sales or service review!
  • cas1cas1 Member Posts: 6
    Just picked up an 07 S-60 2.5T Premium, Convenience Package, wood steering wheel. MSRP $35990.00 29990.00 with blue tooth hands free and window tint. +TTL
  • news60ownernews60owner Member Posts: 1
    I am new to this forum and can use some help from anyone that can offer some pricing options or "what I'm supposed to do now" scenarios. I am looking at a 2007 Volvo S60 2.5T; White; Premium Package; Sport Package; Climate Package. MSRP is $36,845. This is a demo; no dents, dings or issues with the car - approx 7800 miles. Does not have one feature needed, the Convenience package with the homelink for the garage door opener. The dealer is advertising the car for $27,990. What should I go back and offer or ask for? I have a trade in (1998 Saturn) and financing is done, not going through dealer. I'm in Alabama. Any help or suggestions for me is greatly appreciated - I feel the price should be lower and that they can throw in the Conv. Pkg or the homelink due to this being a demo...just not sure what to do or ask for at this point. Help.
  • mfwmfw Member Posts: 14
    Not sure if you have already bought the car. But based on some of the postings here and my own experience, you should be able to get $7k off $36845. So close to $30k. On top of this you should deduct for the mileage. If you look at a '02 S60, it is worth about 10k to 11k. So ($30k-$11k) / (12kmile/year x 6years) = $0.263/mile. So 7800 miles cost $2058. But consider it is the first 7800 miles, I don't think getting $4k off is unreasonable. So maybe $26,000 is a decent price?
    mfw
  • moman2moman2 Member Posts: 2
    Here is what I got for buying for '07 S60 2.5 FWD with options: sport, premium, xenon lights, rear park assist, metalic paint, convenience = msrp $38,970. I paid $30,500 but it had 4200 miles as dealer car. Not sure if I got a good deal. Resale values scare me because I see Acura TL seems to do about 4 grand better after 3 years.
  • songbird54songbird54 Member Posts: 41
    Possibly one of the Hosts can help me with this question..
    I remember seeing a post a few weeks ago, I dont remember if it was in the Volvo boards or maybe Ford. It had a link that showed you how much above or below invoice particular car makers are selling. I remember Volvo being something like .5% below.
    Does anyone remember that link or site?
  • theresa11theresa11 Member Posts: 58
    Looking at 2007 S60 2.5T w/premium package. Any idea of fair price? Know that there is $$ still out there and was told by a dealership today that Volvo may have additional monies for October. I am assuming that and cash rebates should come off the invoice price? Any help is appreciated.
    I have an offer for a new 2007 S60 2.5T w/metallic paint and premium for 28K w/o tax title and fees. The dealership has quite a few 2.0T's on the lot. Do I have room to deal? They also have some loaners that are due out of rotation very soon. They said that they do not have any idea of price. Will the $4500 rebate be applicable for the loaner? What about a deduction for mileage? It will have approximately 4-5000 miles on the loaner. The salesman said that the loaner would be considered a new car, even tho it was never titled. He suggested that I wait and see what kind of pricing I could get vs. the new car. Any thoughts?
    Before I buy a new 2007 S60 2.5T, the dealer mentioned that they have a few cars coming out of the loaner pool. They will have approx 6000 miles on them. The dealer does not know what they will sell for (they still have a month in the pool), but did say that they would be eligible for the $4500 cash rebate. What other kind of discount can I expect? I am trying to weigh whether I want to buy a new car or a loaner. Is waiting for the loaner a good deal? Any help is appreciated.
  • lease2008lease2008 Member Posts: 6
    Possible Remorse. Please console or congratulate. Looking for help.

Newly Minted Deal:
    2800 Cash
    S60 2008 2.5Turbo AWD
    Blue (the light blue); Tan Interior
    Premium Package
    Lease 400 per month
    Buy out 17550 after 36 month Lease

We looked, drove and priced pre-owned S60s, both 04 (23K miles for 23K) and an 05 and decided that the deal listed above was the best value. The dealer said we could only choose between the light blue (tan interior) or the maple (black interior). We chose the light blue (tan interior with grey and brown trim). I think it is a standard type of color and trim not sure.

We signed this evening (Saturday night). My question is, "Did we secure a fair if not a better than fair deal?" My only concern after the fact is whether or not we could have leased a dark blue with black interior for same lease price (from another dealership).

Thoughts?
  • kgukgu Member Posts: 4
    Who knows why the price of S60 Premium Package drops from $2995 (2007) to only $995 (2008). All features are almost the same? :confuse:
    Does anyone know what kind of price to expect for a 2007 S60 2.5T that has been a loaner for 6000 miles? I know that the $4500 rebate will still be available (dealer said so). I know that they will take additional $$ off because of the mileage. The salesman said that it would be alot cheaper for me to buy a loaner vs a new 2007. Input, please!
  • micrormicror Member Posts: 1
    Same question. I asked the price of 2008 model and it is much higher than 2007. The dealer suggested the loaner cars but the price not good.
    What kind of price did you get for the loaner and what packages were on the car. I don't know what price for a loaner would be good.
  • shimbyshimby Member Posts: 5
    I just purchased a 2006 s60 2.5T FWD, with 18,000 miles on it. It has leather seats (tan), power seats driver and passenger, heated seats both driver and passenger, headlight washers, rain sensor wipers, red walnut trim, 8 speakers (with rear shelf loud speakers). I paid $22,000 for it.
  • jillholyfieldjillholyfield Member Posts: 1
    Just got back from Pat Patterson Volvo in Memphis. They had over a dozen 2007 S60s still on the lot. Bought my new 2.5T with climate, convenience, premium, etc. packages for $27,249 plus tax and license, so $29K all together. MSRP was $37K and the invoice (with the x-plan price on it, so I have no reason to think it was bogus) was $34K. I was thrilled with the deal, and the service.