Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Xterra Prices Paid & Buying Experiences

Comments

• calladdandtcalladdandt Member Posts: 2
    Just purchased last week new 05 Xterra S 4x2

MSRP 24570 including delivery
    Power Package
    Utility Package
    plus several minor options
    Paid $19372 plus TTL for total OTD $19900
  • calladdandtcalladdandt Member Posts: 2
    Sorry for the mistake on the previous post. The total OTD with TTL was $20900.
    Georgia
  • ducatiboyducatiboy Member Posts: 7
    2005 Xterra Off-Road Automatic 4x4
    Retractable Cargo cover
    Floor mats
    In cabin Micro filter
    Auto dimming mirror
    Protection package
    Side air bags
    Splash guards
    Super Black with the Blue/graphite interior
    MSRP $28,790
    Invoice $26,703
    Sale price $27,852
    minus reabte $2000
    Doc fee $125
    State Tax $1558.62
    Title/Reg $72.00

OUT THE DOOR $27607.62

I am trying to get them to throw in a Towing group ($345).

What does everyone think... might buy it in the next couple days, just want some advice.

Another dealer quoted same vehicle for OTD $26997.06 (no tow group), But the first dealer said they have "locked the vehicle" and the second dealership can't get it.

All approved on the loan $10k down 5.45% $336 am month for 5 years.

HELP, any advice greatly appreciated!!
    WOW!!! Anyone else with a similar deal???
    That last one was replying to a $24,433 for an OR in Mass. WOW I have something to aim for now, That is $3174 less than my OTD price.
  • mgoosemgoose Member Posts: 11
    Maybe if we had rep :confuse: lies on this post of prices paid down from invoice it would be easier to determine what people are paying in different areas. Each state has different taxes and license fees so the out the door price is not meaningful. Also everyone knows there is $2,000.00 rebate.
  • gmansi01gmansi01 Member Posts: 2
    Can you pls tell me which dealer in Georgia Gave you this price. I would like to get the same deal.

Thanks!!
  • gmansi01gmansi01 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Golasso,

Is this price out the door price? Or do u have to add TTL to it?

Thanks!!
  • utexasutexas Member Posts: 2
    Hey any one in the same market for an 06 S with Utility?

I got a quote but I think I can do better
    2006 S 4x2 Automatic
    Utility Package
    In cabin Microfilter
    Floor mats
    splash guards
    body side molding
    window tint - dealer addon
    Invoice 23,060
    Offer 22,637
    OTD 24,306

Sales tax in houston added 1,441.25 to the price. Any one get any other offers similar to the model? It was from Sterling McCall. Thanks
  • fcarl1fcarl1 Member Posts: 2
    Try Champion Nissan in Katy, TX...got an offer od 22.8k for a '06 4X4 S model :)
  • newronewro Member Posts: 21
    I recently looked the XTerra and thought it was ok. Was interested in a lease and the truck priced out to app. $27K. The lease came back at like $460/month. I couldnt stop laughing. It was actually cheaper to lease a loaded Pathfinder, which I have zero interest in. $460 a month and I can lease a BMW. Nissan has their heads firmly up their ---.
  • lhuang248lhuang248 Member Posts: 2
    What do you guys think of thise deal:

Slightly Used 2005 Nissan Xterra SE 4x4 with approx 7,000 miles with the following option amenities:

-Nevada Towing Package ($440)
    -Splash Guards ($110)
    -In cabin Micro Filter ($60)
    -Body Side Moldings ($110)
    -Carpeted Floor Mats ($110)
    -Auto dimming rearview mirror with compass ($230)

The body of the vehicle and interior is in pristine condition.

Asking $23,900... too high or a good deal?
  • roundrocktx1roundrocktx1 Member Posts: 7
    Hello - I am wondering if someone can help me I talked to a dealership and started the negotiations on a SILVER SE 05 Automatic for 21.5 his response "Infortunately, I don't see a way to get an additional $1,700~$1,800 off this truck In the SE, I may still have a white model available that would run $22,684 OTD"

Do you think this is a good price? Or do you think I could get it down to 22.500
    I'm thinking of getting my vehicle on the 31th do you think it would be better to wait till after the new year?
  • xterrianxterrian Member Posts: 3
    just bought 05 xterra s,night armo 4x2 with power, utility package and some small addons. OTD is 21300.
  • tampatampa Member Posts: 12
    You didn't mention options, though the 2005SE is pretty well equiped, and I think you get more for your money with the SE. I bought the same X you are looking at so I will assume it is the same model since MSRP doesn't change:
    (When you say OTD, everyone's TTL are different and I didn't need a new tag, so OTD is relative).
    My MSRP was $26,630. My cost was $22.1K. (Walk out price (with a $1500 REBATE) $22.7k though irrevelent :P ). On a side note, I dealt with a sales manager via telephone that I never met and my wife took him a $22.7k check and drove home a 2005SE with 15 miles. I bought mid October and drove 80 miles to the dealership.
    If we are talking the same vehicle you should do better by $500 since the rebates have improved.
    My advice is to call every sales manager and make a specific offer (say $21.6k) on a specific vehicle (say one that lists for $26,630).
    good luck to ya'.......... tampa
    Thank you for replying I will do that and let you know I will be going tomorrow- my concern is I went to the lot earlier today to get an idea of how many 05 Xterra models they have and there was just a handful left and only on SE model I wanted.
  • britaniebritanie Member Posts: 1
    Any idea what incentives they will offer if any on 05' XTERRA now? I am still looking for one and decided to wait and take the chance that it would get better, after the 3rd? I am in TEXAS but have talked to dealers in Ohio and TN (to name a few). I will fly in to get it or have it shipped. Anyone know of dealers with inventory left and making killer deals? Thanks
    I am in the same boat I'm in Austin and ive been contacting dealerships all over from San Antonio to Dallas and the ones they have all have over 3000 miles for an 05.
    The dealership has a 2005 178 miles S model with power package and utility package OTD price (TTL included) 22,016
    Is this a good deal
    upadate the OTD door was 22,116 is this a good deal or do you think the dealership will go lower.
    I just signed my life away to the dealership !!!
    OTD 22116. for the 2005 S 4x 2 with Utility Package- Power Package -cargo net.. I'm loving it....
    New rebates for January remain the same for 2005 Xterra at $2,000. Also a $500.00 rebate on the 06's has been initiated. Mgoose:
  • jmcaulayjmcaulay Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a 05 Xterra SE 4X4 with the following options:
    Splash Guards
    Nevada Tow Package
    Carpeted Floor Mats
    Dimming Mirror w/ Compass
    Incabin Microfilter
    Body Side Moldings

The vehicle is new but has 500 miles on it.

I paid $24,351 + ttl

I'm thinking this is a pretty good deal. Does anyone agree or disagree?

Thanks,

jmcaulay
  • sspencersspencer Member Posts: 1
    Seems like a pretty fair deal to me. I'm shopping for a Xterra at the moment. Interested in a similarly equipped vehicle. From a spreadsheet I found on another website. The site acknowledges 3% to 5% as reasonable dealer profit. The dealer probably made less than 3 (~2.8%) on your purchase.

Anyone else have thoughts on this?
  • marksandiegomarksandiego Member Posts: 1
    Since I used this forum to search for prices when I was looking for my Xterra, I figure it's only right to contribute.

Just signed my papers tonight.

2005 OFF ROAD 4X4
    Knight Armor
    Floor Mats
    Auto Dimming mirror
    Splash guard
    Nevada Tow package
    In cabin Microfilter
    MSRP: $28,280
    Nissan Discount: $2,000
    Dealer Discount: $2,275
    Last Sec Neg: $200
    Total Discounts: $4,475

Final OTD Price: $23,805

Invoice price was $26,304 which is 9.5% below dealer invoice. WIth the MSRP of $28,280, I got it for 15.8% below MSRP. And to think they are still making money!

I always walk away from major purchases feeling that maybe I could have found it cheaper if I searched just a little harder. This time, I'm felling pretty good.

If anyone in Souther Cali is interested, check out Mossy. They also have a BLK 4x4 SE with almost everything for $24,995, down from the MSRP of $29,430 which is the biggest of all their discounts.

http://www.mossynissan.com/default2.asp
  • maverick1017maverick1017 Member Posts: 212
    Kevin,

Sorry for the late reply, it's been kind of crazy with the holidays and all. My SE is an auto and the 23500 price is out the door.

Mike
  • mjcekmjcek Member Posts: 1
    Im a first time buyer and I'm looking at a 2006 SE with options of autodimming mirror/compass and body side molding.

Sticker price is approx $29,000...

How much should I be able to get below that sticker price??? (Not including the $500 cash back)

HELPPPP!!!!!!!!!!
  • xtierraxtierra Member Posts: 55
    do your self a favor and join consumerreports.com, purchase the new car buying kit... you will get a true idea of what it cost the dealer to get that model on their lot and what accessory packages come with that vehicle. the se model is loaded with everything so you will not need to tell them you want this and that - simply you want the se 4x4. you will have a true price to work with. I recommend going through any internet department and getting a quote if they are giving you a price that puts more then 1,500 in their pocket , call another dealer.. good luck
    oopps..........mossy nissan escondido......is the dealership in california. they still have some 05 se 4x4 you should be able to get those at a better price then 06. good luck
    here it is .........www.mossynissan.com click on inventory and youll have current inventory from all of mossy dealerships in that whole area............and also a price next to it..
  • lnelsonlnelson Member Posts: 1
    That sounds good to me. I just started look for the the same (with 4wd) here in the San Francisco bay area.

How is it on the open road at about 80 miles per hour with respect to wind and road noise? I've been drivng a Ford Explorer Sport model and it is not very quite at high mph.

Thanks,
    Lare
  • fj07fj07 Member Posts: 89
    Thought I would let you know that the Mossy inventory list has changed now. There is no longer a price next to them they now have a button you click to get a price quote. I guess they figured out they were helping us too much...
  • fj07fj07 Member Posts: 89
    Thanks Mark, I am another Mark from SD and that is exactly what I am looking to buy except in white and without the splash guards. I will be taking this price to the dealer and walking away with anything less.
  • elgreco1elgreco1 Member Posts: 1
    I got my 2005 se 4x4 from Carmax with 1736 miles on it;technically a used car,but what a steal for $21,990 plus Tax,Title and License(also had to pay $450 additionally to get it down to Atlanta from Chcago).Added side-moulds($75),a bug deflector($80)and some protection underneath for oil pan,transmission and gear box(ca $450,if memory serves me right)and now will take my truck to Greece(shipping cost about $1300 one way) for six months(Apr-Oct)for some serious off-roading/camping.Did it last year with my 03 Mitsu Montero,and previous year wit my 95 Montero,and it's been a blast every time.
  • yicpayicpa Member Posts: 1
    I went to Consumer Reports and bought the new car buying guide, which is a good deal. It gives the invoice price and all the info you need. And then I sent out quotes for a 2005 Xterra S to half a dozen dealerships. My quote was right around invoice, and one dealership actually beat my price. Here's the info:

2005 Xterra S
    Manual Transmission
    Power Package
    Utility Package
    Supplemental Airbag Package

Total Price: $19,488 (after $2000 rebate and $500 new grad discount), from Performance Nissan in El Monte, CA.

As a comparison, MSRP was $22,260, although some people on this site seem to pay quite a bit more than that.

That's a pretty good deal, about $100 above invoice price.
  • xterrianxterrian Member Posts: 3
    is it after TTL ? If it is after TTL, good deal.
  • arizonajoearizonajoe Member Posts: 123
    This was really a 2005 model? That explains the low price.

You didn't specify whether this was a 2WD or 4WD.
  • salbeaglesalbeagle Member Posts: 2
    For any western Oregonians interested in purchasing a new Xterra, I just pulled off a really decent deal at Coos Bay Nissan.

Model: 2006 Xtrerra Off Road (silver), 4WD with automatic transmission
    Options: Rockford Fosgate stereo upgrade, auto-dimming mirror w/compass, protection package, splash guards, carpeted floor mats, in-cabin microfilter

Invoice: $27,125
    Price Paid: $26,125 w/$1,000 rebate

The car had 9 miles on it. As part of the deal, they also agreed to give me step rails at wholesale price ($330) with no labor charge for installation.
    This deal was worth the 175-mile drive for me. It's hard to imagine doing too much better, as I assume they made their profit on holdback (the vehicle had only been there two weeks) and any Nissan kickbacks for sales volume.
    On a side note, I traded my 2005 Honda Accord Hybrid in the deal (I hated that car), and received $27,000 for it—roughly $750 more than a Honda dealership can acquire a new 2006 one for from the manufacturer.
  • akhanakhan Member Posts: 23
    Hello

I am living in Austin,TX, near roundrock, so if roundrocktx1 is reading please reply to this post.

What is the true market price for an 06 S, 5AT, with the Airbag package? which dealers would be recommended?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
  • keri1keri1 Member Posts: 7
    I'm posting to let interested shoppers know what I paid for my Xterra last night in OKC, OK.

2006 X, 4X2 with power package, splash guards and floor mats:

$20,523.

Hope the information helps.

Keri
  • screech552screech552 Member Posts: 7
    bought a silver 2005 leftover xterra for $19,700 (manufactured november 05') with 14 miles on it
    No power package!alarm,remote start and door actuators $800
    warranty 6 year 72k miles $1500
    tax around $2000
    less title No dealer fees (bargained)
    got splash guards,road kit, SIDE AIRBAGS,mouldings, cabin filter,VDC, No fogs,(dont use them on my other car)No cruise, (dont use that either) No side steps (they got in the way anyway) need to install power windows. i could do without it but next time i will not be in a rush on another "great deal"
  • ppaul1ppaul1 Member Posts: 1
    can you tell me which dealer you got ur car from?
  • jgearingjgearing Member Posts: 1
    Wow, Last week I also bought a left over silver 05 xterra with no Power package, alarm remote or cruise... It had 70 miles on it. Same exact truck from what you described. Got it for about the same as you. I paid $17,200 after trading in my old truck with a book value of about $3,000. I upped the bumper to bumper from 3/36K to 6/100K for an extra $1,000. I didnt have to pay any sales tax because I got it in New Hampshire. I love the truck, no regrets. I think we both got good deals. Only down side is the not so great gas milage, but its a truck so we knew what we were buying... I'll be driving it till the wheels fall off. Let me know what your end up doing about the power windows/doors? Im temped to have them installed along with the keyless entry, but not sure how much its going to cost. Let me know, and we can compare quotes if you want?
  • olneymdolneymd Member Posts: 23
    Taking delivery next week on 2006 Xterra S with Side/Curtain airbag package, utility package, etc. MSRP is $27,295, and my net cost before taxes (but after $1000 rebate) is $24,147. This is $500 below invoice, and then another $1000 for the rebate.

Wanted to know if this sounds right when compared to what others are looking at. I guess with gas going up, dealers are looking to move inventory.

Thanks
  • hfzeushfzeus Member Posts: 39
    Even carsdirect has the S for $325 under invoice and an additional $1000 off. You won't be getting ripped off, but can probably do better.

I'm starting to shop for them in NY myself, but will not rush into a purchase, especially with gas prices going up.
  • tadeonyctadeonyc Member Posts: 1
    I am also doing some slow paced shopping for an Xterra. waiting to see what the new rebates are this month. Hope they are good, I would love to see good financing.
  • screech552screech552 Member Posts: 7
    i would rather look for a different gas saving vehicle .my xterra gets about 15 miles a gallon constantly for highway mileage. i stay under 65 and keep the rpms at about 1800.
    i get about 275 miles to a 21 gallon tank. (about 26 miles a day highway for 7 working days.keep in mind im not complaining about the suv thing,i knew if i wanted a powerful truck this is what i was in for.
    I'm wondering what other 2005-06 Xterra owners are getting in real world miles per gallon. Is only 15 miles per gallon what most owners are getting? Am seriously considering purchasing an 06 Xterra but 15 mpg may change my mind. Any comment from other Xterra owners?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,199
    If you are interested in what current owners of the Xterra have to say about it, you are more likely to get answers to your questions in the general Nissan Xterra discussion..

Thanks,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator