Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

New 2007 VW-DCX minivan sold in the US

dan bitmandan bitman Member Posts: 158
edited March 2014 in Chrysler

Comments

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    This could be really interesting - if VW can bring the fun of driving to the minivan platform, this new van could be a hot item.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• deweydewey Member Posts: 5,251
    Volkswagen plans to build a van based on the Chrysler Town & Country, the paper said.

I cant think of anything worse for VW! A VW minivan with a Town & Country platform, yeeeecccch! Makes a Saaburu look good in comparison!!

A Chrysler priced like a premium priced VW. Sounds as ingenious as VWs priced as Audis.
  • deweydewey Member Posts: 5,251
    so will this new vw badged Chrysler Town & Country also have the wood-grain panelling on the side? . And given the quality of VW and Chrysler, the prospects for a reliable van don't appear to be too promising.
  • cwesleygcwesleyg Member Posts: 64
    ... hopefully it won't have the flimsy stow and go seating... we test drove a 2006 SXT Grand Caravan and were not impressed with the interior appearance, quality or headroom, or the ride... bought the 2006 Chevy Uplander LT... the VW could be a gitchy cool looking product, at least it will be built in the USA... I hope.
  • audia8qaudia8q Member Posts: 3,138
    Actually it should be a good fit...chrysler and VW have about the same lousy reliability track record...This way the VW folks will feel at home visiting the service department on a regular basis. :P
  • jchan2jchan2 Member Posts: 4,956
    I wonder how different they will be.

I think that if VW doesn't make them different enough, I'll take a 9-7X over this thing.
This discussion has been closed.