Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Here's the info that you're looking for, cdrvf. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Acura MDX with the Tech and Entertainment Packages and 12,000 miles per year are .00250 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier. The money factor for an otherwise identical 39 month lease is the same, but its residual value is 49%.

When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take the $2,000 dealer cash that is currently available on it into account. If you are in an area that has a decent level of competition, you shouldn't have any trouble negotiating a selling price that's pretty close to dealer invoice minus this dealer cash.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi veebee66. You certainly can lease an MDX for 36 months instead of 39 months if you really want to. Of course, a 39 month lease will have a slightly lower monthly payment than a 36 month lease of this model would.

Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2009 Acura MDX with the Tech Package and 12,000 miles per year are .00250 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier. The money factor for a base model would be the same, but its residual value would be 51%.

The money factors for 36 month leases of these vehicles are the same, but their residual values are 1% higher than the 39 month resids.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey dollar_pound. Unfortunately, what you heard is correct. Acura pulled the plug on its special financing offer on the 2009 MDX in February. The only incentives that are available on this model right now are $2,000 dealer cash and the special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi brett321. Unfortunately, bigblueindy1 is right. Banks do not provide lessees with a refund for unused mileage. If you are way under mileage, the best that you could have hoped for in the past is that your vehicle's purchase option price would be significantly less than its actual value on the open market. Unfortunately, given the precipitous fall that used vehicle values have experienced during this economic slowdown it is very unlikely that your MDX is currently worth more in the real world than its purchase option price.

Car_man
    Host
  • pem1pem1 Member Posts: 3
    Could somebody help me decipher this and tell me whether this is a good deal or not?

Sale Vehicle: New 2009 ACURA MDX YD2869 4dr Wgn Tech w/AC , Automatic ,, remote start Odom: 0

Payment Details
    Term: 39
    Base Payment: 529.00
    Total Payment: 529.00
    Purchase Option: 22,800.00
    MSRP: 45,600.00
    Est. Miles Per Year: 10,000
    Excess Mileage Charge: 0.20

Money Due at Inception
    1st Month Payment: 529.00
    Security Deposit: 0.00
    Acq Fee (Upfront): 595.00
    Fees & Ins: (Upfront) 102.50
    Upfront Taxes: 2,089.06
    Cap Reduction (Cash): 2,995.00
    Total Out of Pocket 6,310.56
    Customer ASAP: -1000.00
    Total Initial Charges: 5,310.56
    This is under the Acura Select Advantage Program. Is it really an advantage or not? My other option is a Buick Enclave AWD CXL,. total price of $45,735 with 0% financing for 60 months. I know it's a little like comparing apple with oranges, but I'm trying to weigh the benefits of the extra cargo room the Buick gives me (for my dogs!;) vs. the higher and longer loan vs. lease payments.

Thanks
  • jh87jh87 Member Posts: 14
    I am able to negotiate the price to $42800 (destination fee inclu) for a 2009 sport/tech/entertainment package with MF at 0.0025, I haven't gone through the lease periods and millage yet because those are standard. Is this a good deal?
  • sk1719hksk1719hk Member Posts: 2
    Looking for a good lease price on this car. Im hearing these things 2000 dealer cash. 1000 Honda finance incentive. .00250 money factor. Im being quoted 47% which is not very good for residual. I see people getting the tech package for 38 to 39k. How much more for entertainment portion. I think I should be able to get this vehicle for 575/month. Does anyone know if they can waive the fees. and other stuff like etching which is totally unneeded. Destination fee, security deposit, doc fee all those as well. I also need an exact invoice price as a place to negotiate from.
  • kap8kap8 Member Posts: 22
    Any change in Honda/Acura's lease programs on the MDX for March?
  • lookin4mdxlookin4mdx Member Posts: 9
    Hi all. New to this forum and had a quick MDX question. Was offered a lease deal for 39 months (10k miles/yr) with $1890 out of pocket and $550/month for a base 2009 MDX. Its a little more than I thought I could get. I was hoping for $1600 down and $550/month or $1900 down and $540/month. Is my expectation reasonable or is this a good deal I'm being given?
  • dollar_pounddollar_pound Member Posts: 46
    i suggest you wait till end of month......do you really need a SUV, there are some fantastic deals on 5 series BMW sedan...

also do the math, 550*39= 21450, you can buy the car for 38K if you get a good rate....
    Yes, well aware of the differences in buying vs leasing. If you think 550/month is alot, you should see what some other leases are going for! The MDX is actually still a pretty good deal in comparison.
    Anyone know if the lease deal and $2K cash back is over. I don't see it on Acura.com any more
    Hi pem1. I would be happy to give you my opinion on this deal, but your post is missing a key piece of information...the selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number, it is difficult to tell how much of a dealer discount you are being given and whether there is any room left to negotiate. Let us know what this number is and either myself or another knowledgeable community member will be happy to tell you what they think.

One thing that I noticed about this deal is the $2,995 capitalized cost reduction that you are being asked to pay. I always advise consumers not to make any cap cost reduction when leasing. Those who make one risk losing it if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. It would be safer to go with a zero down lease, even though it means that your vehicle's monthly payment will be slightly higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jh87. The .00250 money factor that you were quoted for the MDX that you are interested in is right in line with its February buy rate lease money factor. That is a good sign. Honda Finance has subsequently enhanced the '09 MDX's money factor to .00215, but its residual values fell by a point making it pretty much a wash.

Now let's take a look at the other important aspect of your deal, the selling price. A 2009 Acura MDX Sport with both the Tech and Entertainment Packages probably has a spread of around $4,400 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. Plus, Acura is currently providing $2,000 dealer cash on it. That gives you a total of around $6,400 to play with in your negotiations. It's tough to say for certain, but the price that you were quoted appears to be around invoice minus the dealer cash. If so, this is an excellent deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi sk1719hk. You definitely don't need to pay for window etching, unless your insurance company provides you with enough of an incentive to make it worth your while. As far as what charges are legitimate go, at lease signing Honda Finance charges lessees their vehicle's first month's payment, a security deposit equivalent to that payment rounded up to the nearest $25 increment, a $595 acquisition fee, and any required state taxes or fees. Anything above and beyond that, like doc fees or window etching is between you and the dealer. You should be able to get them to eliminate these charges. The destination charge is considered to be part of your vehicle's selling price and it is required.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello kap8. Acura's lease program for the 2009 MDX is very similar to its February program. The $2,000 dealer cash is still there, but the MDX's residual values dropped by a point. Honda Finance enhanced its money factor to .00215 to help offset part of the drop, but it appears as though the net result is that the Mar. program is slightly worse.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings to the very appropriately named lookin4mdx. Yes, Acura extended the $2,000 dealer cash that it was providing on the 2009 MDX last month through May 4th. Its March lease program is slightly different though.

Car_man
    Host
  • lrapplrapp Member Posts: 2
    Can anyone please tell me the invoice price on the MDX with tech and ent. before the 2000 mktg incentive. I'm trying to negotiate the best price on a purchase.

• kap8kap8 Member Posts: 22
    Thanks Car Man! Yes, was just told by dealer that i was negotiating 39 mth lease with that the program is now 36? Monthly payment with nothing down and 10k miles on base mdx went from $552 to $563 (also using $1k acura coupon fo repeat customers to reduce cap cost). Sound right/reasonable?
    According to carsdirect.com, Invoice on a 2009 MDX w/ tech/ent is $43,271
  • lrapplrapp Member Posts: 2
    Thanks! So would 41,271 be a good price. It's exactly 2,000 under invoice. Could they go lower?
    Hard to say. Depends on the area you live in, the number of dealers around for competition, the size of the inventory they have in stock, etc....
    Picked up my 09 base MDX last night. Got a similar deal to kap8 above. I put down $1799 for all doc/dmv/luxury fees and 1st months payment & monthly payment came to $560. (also includes a $29 cap cost reduction to get a nice round number on the monthly payment)

MSRP: 41550
    residual%: 52
    money factor .00215
    36 months (10K miles/yr)
    Out of pocket 1799
    $560/month
  • bponkeybponkey Member Posts: 2
    I'm coming out of a 39 month lease on a 2006 MDX. My present payment is 450.99.

I'm a complete moron when it comes to deciphering the intricacies of auto leases. Could someone please tell me what sort of lease figures I should "demand" on a new MDX with an MSRP of $42,783?
  • bwedotnetbwedotnet Member Posts: 48
    Your residual (and payment) will change depending on miles but for a 36mo/15K the March money factor is 0.00215 and the residual is 49%.

The base MDXs are selling for $35.5K (plus or minus depending on your area, dealer inventory etc). MSRP is $41.8K. Add the extra cost for the options you want to add (roof rails etc) and use a lease calculator to calculate your monthly payment based on these numbers. On the numbers above your payment would be about $540/mo before tax with $0 cap reduction.
  • mj83mj83 Member Posts: 2
    This is my first post but I have been lurking for a little while.

My wife and I are looking into leasing a 2009 MDX Tech. We have test driven one and we really like it.

We started initial discussions with the salesman about leasing and he told us correct money factor at .00215 but he stated the residual at 46% for a 36mo/15K miles/year. I am trying to confirm the correct residual value.

He told us for 12K miles the residual was 48%.

Can anyone help confirm the correct residual for a 09 MDX Tech, 36mo/15K miles/year?

Thanks in advance!!
  • cjjoneszcjjonesz Member Posts: 1
    Hi! New poster here..

Can you help me clarify your post? Is it possible to use the $2,000 cash to dealer as part of a lease? Or is it only valid on purchases?

Thank you!
    Yes. I just leased 3 days ago. The $2k gets applied to the cap cost which means that's $2K less of depreciation you're paying for. For a base MDX , 36 months, 10K per year, I got a deal w/ 1799 down and 560/month.
    For 10k miles/year on a base model, the residual was 52%. Not sure what happens with the 15k miles or the Tech package
  • max_speedmax_speed Member Posts: 2
    Hi I'm new here. Wish I checked this board before I jumped in and got the base MDX. Now having second thoughts about the deal I made yesterday...
    It's a bit more difficult for me to calculate everything due to a trade-in involved. Also not sure if they applied the tax credit I'm entitled to towards the lease correctly. Here are the numbers:
    36 month lease
    10k miles/year
    3k down (used equity from trade-in valued at 22k)
    539 monthly payment
    What is a fair monthly payment based on the above numbers?
    Thanks in advance!
  • uvasauvasa Member Posts: 26
    I have following quote for 2009 Base MDX:-

36Months
    $4000 down (Include, Taxes, Tags, Doc, DMV)

$ 480/Month

Very limited choice of color due to low inventory in NY Metro area.

Is this good quote?
    If total out of pocket is $4k down and monthly payment is $480, this would be a good deal for $10k miles per year, so I'd be cautious of any last minute additions like taxes on the monthly payment (which can be upto $35). Acura.com advertised $2899 down and $499/month+tax (which is 535/month) for 10K miles. Every $1k down is about 30/month so this would be 3899 down and $505/month or somewhere between 500-505 monthly with $4K down. You're paying $20 less per month and getting 12k miles instead of 10k. if its legit, I would jump on it. (Let me know how you make out. I'm curious to see if my deal was that bad. I got $1799 down and 560/month for 10k miles w. 36 months 2 weeks ago)
    Congratulations on getting your new MDX, lookin4mdx. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. If you have the time, make sure to hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience as well. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
  • polarsandpolarsand Member Posts: 23
    Purchased an 09 base MDX. I negotiated the hell out of the car and got independent financing of 4.5% for 72 months. with $3500 down (covers all taxes and registration) my payment is $550/month. I can still sell the car in 3 years (or anytime I feel like it) without the hassle of a lease while paying a lease-equivalent monthly payments (based on what people are paying here). It seems that lease terms on the MDX are not very favorable today. Am I missing something? I remember the day when I picked my Pilot EX and my lease terms were $299.month with $2500 down for 36 months vs monthly payments of $450/month for 60 months if purchased with the same down payment.
    Hi max_speed. If you provide us with the MSRP and the selling price of the MDX that you are leased I would be happy to use Acura's real lease program to work up a lease payment on it and give you my opinion of your deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • uvasauvasa Member Posts: 26
    Here's the revise quote after the 2nd visit...

$ 440/M - 35 months

$ 5300 Down inclusive of everything.

This on selling price of $ 36,900

Is this something I can jump?

Carman, I'd like your view on this one?
  • mk2mk2 Member Posts: 27
    Hi Car_man,

I got a $551 (7% tax included) quote in NJ for a base MDX lease for 36 month, 10K miles and $0 down. I'd need to pay around $1800 in inception fees including 1st month payment, bank fee, luxury tax, registration and so on. Is this a good deal? What's the current money factor on this car?

Thanks
  • max_speedmax_speed Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for your reply Car_man!

I will give you all the details of my lease contract because I feel that the dealer is trying to pull a fast one by juggling the numbers to their advantage. I must have gone over the contract at least 10 times and the numbers just don't add up.
    Just a reminder, I was using equity from a trade-in in the amount of 3014 as a down payment and my only out of pocket cash was 539 for the first month payment.

MSRP: 41750.00

ITEMIZATION OF AMOUNT DUE AT LEASE SIGNING

A) Amount Due at Lease Signing:
    Cap. Cost Reduction (Amount Paid in Cash).....................539.00
    Sales Tax on Amount Paid in Cash......................................N/A
    Cap. Cost Reduction (Credit for Net Trade-in Allowance)...1032.52
    Sales Tax on Credit for Net Trade-in Allowance.....................N/A
    Advance Monthly Payment (1st Month)..............................539.00
    Initial Registration Fees...................................................298.50
    Documentary Fee ...........................................................389.00
    Acquisition Fee ..............................................................595.00
    Tire/Supp. Title Fee.........................................................159.98
    Total............................................................................3553.00

B) How the Amount Due at Lease Signing will be Paid:
    Credit for Net Trade-in Allowance.....................................3014.00
    Amount to be Paid in Cash...............................................539.00
    Total.............................................................................3553.00

MONTHLY PAYMENT IS DETERMINED AS SHOWN BELOW:

Gross Cap Cost:............................................................ 38172.19
    Cap Cost Reduction.......................................................- 1571.52
    Adjusted Cap. Cost.......................................................= 36600.67
    Residual Value..............................................................- 21710.00
    Depreciation.................................................................= 14890.67
    Rent Charge.................................................................+ 4513.32
    Total of Base Payments................................................= 19403.99
    Lease Payments..........................................................÷ 36
    Base Monthly Payment.................................................= 539.00
    Sales Tax.....................................................................+ N/A
    Total Monthly Payment...............................................= 539.00

Here's what I can't seem to figure out...Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like they slipped in the monthly payment twice. First they included it with other fees in the trade-in allowance credit (1032.52+539+298.50+389+595+159.98=3014) and then I paid it again out of my pocket at the cashier. In my opinion, the dealer is pocketing an extra monthly payment at my expense.

Is the dealer's finance guy correct in his calculations or am I losing it?

Note: There was no sales tax applied due to the trade-in value exceeding the total of all lease payments. The money factor used in the above is 0.00215.

I appreciate your input Car_man!
  • polarsandpolarsand Member Posts: 23
    I think you can do better on the selling price. I got my base MDX for $35.4K incuding destination of $760. the car had no accessories.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    Looks to me like it's in there twice, as well...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• jsc_usajsc_usa Member Posts: 11
    Hi Car_man,

Do you have the money factor and residual for MDX Tech+Ent for 10K mi/yr lease in March?

Thanks.
  • gr8nrggr8nrg Member Posts: 19
    This one is for car_man or anyone else wo can give me a good opinion. I appologize in advance, if this was covered already.

I am coming to the end of my 36 month lease on 2006 MDX Touring (silver metallic) in mid-June. My deal was $480/month for 36 months with drive-away cost of only $480 and $0 down. On the contract, my residual value is: $23,122. I only have 22,000 miles on it and the car is in the great shape with exception of a cracked windshield. Here are few questions:

1. I don't think I want to just turn it in...They will kill me on the cost of replacing a windshield (and even if I did it through my insurance company, I have $500 deductible). The tires are in good condition, but one of the rear ones had a nail in it, and was patched up (visibly) by Costco. Will they count this against me and tell me that I have to now replace all 4 tires?

2. So, because of the above and because I actually love the car :) , I am actually considering buying my car for cash (no financing) because of low miles and condition. Is my residual value decent?

3. Why is my "payoff" quote On acura.com payment site different from "residual value" on the lease contract? If I click on the payoff calendar on the last day of my lease, the price is $24,081, which is almost $1000 more than what's written in my lease?

4. If I decide to buyout my car TODAY, the price is $23,926, but then I won't pay the monthly $480 for the months of April, May and June (savings of $1,440). If I wait till the end of my lease, it will be $23,122 + $1,440 (3 mo lease) = $24,562 - still different figure from the the buyout price of $24,081 listed on their website. Why is that?

What do you guys think I should do? I know AHFC does not negotiate on the residual value, right? It just seems to me that the "cash price is right", but I could be wrong... :confuse:

Thanks!
  • mlinnymlinny Member Posts: 6
    Car Man,

Any word on April MF & residuals for a base MDX with 10k miles?
  • mdxlesseemdxlessee Member Posts: 10
    My MDX lease is expiring and I am looking to lease another MDX. I want the MDX with tech. The "best" lease quote I have for 36 months and 10K per year is $675 per month with only the first month's payment and my $1000 re-leasing incentive from Honda Leasing paid at start. The money factor is 0.00215 consistent with other posts I see here, and the residual is 49%, which seems to vary across different posts. The quote appears high to me, and significantly higher than my maturing lease. The MRSP used is 45800 and the "initial cap cost is 40409 with 2379 as other additions to cap cost and there is a $1000 cash cap reduction, leaving a adjusted cap cost of 41788. I will be very grateful if car_man or anyone else could guide me about whether the quote is reasonable, and if I have any leeway for further negotiation. Thanks very much for your help!!
  • donnyjeffcoatdonnyjeffcoat Member Posts: 6
    Live in the NY Metro Area - got the following quote for an 09 MDX Premium (Base Model)

499 per month / 36 months
    They want $2800 down plus TTL on top.
    They are also picking up my last 3 payments of $430

If i can get them down to just putting up TTL and 1st month payment should i jump at this? Im pretty sure i have seen commericals in the past for MDX with 399 per month. My existing lease is up in august so i have some time to wait but would rather get something done sooner than later

Thanks for the respones
    Anyone can offer their input for ost #1436? car_man? kydfx? Anyone? Thanks!
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    vipautony is advertising what seem to be low rates on mdx. Would be interested to know if they are legit. Check them out online and follow-up with a call.
  • ucjjgucjjg Member Posts: 28
    Your 2006 MDX is worth around $20,000. That being said, there isn't much more to discuss as all other points in your post are rendered irelevant.
    no way. It's much more than that. Where did you come with THAT figure?
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    Wholesale for an 06 mdx ---22k above average condition / 20k average/ 17 below average. With the cracked windshield you would be closer to average than above. ucjjg was pretty much right on the money with his estimate. Dealers will typically add 12-14% so the retail range would be 18.6k-25k. Private price 5-10% over wholesale.Of course cpo would add thousands more.
This discussion has been closed.