Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Lease Questions

Comments

• lasvegasrphlasvegasrph Member Posts: 102
    I am just curious if you looked into just purchasing the vehicle? Sounds like Acura's current LEASE on the MDX is horrible.......no it is H O R R I B L E.

You are going to pay $698 x 36 = $25,128
    OR
    You are going to pay $797 x 36 = $28,692

And then what? Turn it in after 36 months? Dumb. Just buy it.......your payments to BUY are gonna be within that range of $700-$800/mo.
  • mel10021mel10021 Member Posts: 31
    I received a quote yesterday of $640 /mos on a Basic including tax. Walk in with first payment only. This is without any negotiating
  • jayc3jayc3 Member Posts: 3
    Hi mel10021,
    What state do you live in? what is the tax rate?

Thanks,
    Missouri. 7.5%
  • ballhoggballhogg Member Posts: 38
    No. If you roll the cost of them into your lease, you just finance the cost over the term of your lease.

I bought side steps, put them on myself, and sold them for half the price after the lease was done. Much more economical.
  • chicatchicat Member Posts: 14
    I need the forum's advice on this one -- I have never leased before, only bought. I have been quoted the following for a base 2010 MDX:

$613/mo
    Zero down except license and 1st mo pymt
    10k mi/yr
    IL tax: 7.25%

Any thoughts?
  • jayc3jayc3 Member Posts: 3
    Do you have to pay the sales tax from your own pocket?
    Sorry, should have been clearer. Tax is rolled into monthly payment. So, the offer is:

2010 Base MDX
    39,311 selling price
    $618/month (36 mos)
    MF .00162
    RV 58%
    10k mi/yr
    Lic. and 1st mo down

Any thoughts/advice? Thanks!
    Hi

Using your #'s, it seems like the lease payment should be around $538.... ?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    In Illinois, you pay tax on the entire purchase price.... even on a lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

So what is the tax charged on ? The monly base payment ? Selling price ?
    I've only paid tax on the monthly payment
    In Illinois... it's the selling price

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Still getting a lower # of about $590. Oh well
  • jvettejvette Member Posts: 70
    With what I have found that's a good price on a 2010. I have been quoted
    MSRP 43,040
    Sale price 42,040
    fees 499
    payment 678 for 36mo plus sales tax
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi mel10021. Sorry for the delay in my response. I took a little time off for the holidays. Most manufacturers' incentive programs are scheduled to run through today, January 4th.

Acura's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 Acura MDX with 10,000 miles per year are .00162 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Any available dealer cash is compatible with the special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi a4sf. Through January 4th, Honda Finance's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 Acura MDX with 15,000 miles per year are .00162 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

You never mentioned how long you want to lease for or what mileage allowance you need, so I had to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want something different.

Acura is scheduled to introduce a completely different lease program some time tomorrow. Please feel free to check back with me if you want an update.

Car_man
    Host
  • a4sfa4sf Member Posts: 13
    Car_man,

I thought the residual on a 15k/year lease was 53%. That's what I was hearing from dealers. But let's see what the new numbers are tomorrow. If you could share it once you find out, that'll be great. Thanks.
  • cskalyancskalyan Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_Man,

Can you post the 2010 Acura MDX new lease rates effective from Jan 5th. Also It would be really helpful, if someone can post the invoice price of the new 2010 Acura MDX.

Cheers
  • hoothoot Member Posts: 7
    Can someone tell me what the rent charge is on my lease agreement?

thanks
    dick
    The rent charge is the total finance portion of the lease..

Monthly Depreciation

+

Monthly Finance (or Rent) Charge

=

Monthly payment

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Hey a4sf. Here's the new info.

Through February 1st, Honda Finance's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 Acura MDX with 15,000 miles per year are .00145 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Good luck in your quest for a new ride, and make sure to let us all know how everything turns out.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello cskalyan. Through February 1st, Honda Finance's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 Acura MDX with 15,000 miles per year are .00145 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

You can find the dealer invoice price data that you're interested in over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
    Do you happen to have MF and residual values on the base 2010 MDX with 10,000 miles/year on a 36-mo lease? Thanks.
  • mthomtho Member Posts: 3
    Today I got the following quote for a 2010 Acura MDX, Base Package:

Price: $41,700
    Down payment total includes first payment, licensing, acquisition cost: $1600
    Monthly Payment: $617, including tax
    .00145 money factor
    10,000 miles, 36 months
    Didn't get a chance to get the residual, cap cost.

Thoughts?
    Car_man,

Thanks for the updated numbers. Are those applicable to the Tech package as well?

I am on the west coast so inventory is low right now and the prices are reflecting it.
  • discerning1discerning1 Member Posts: 2
    I leased a 2010 MDX with 12,000 annual mileage allowance and lease factor of .00162 and $880 down, for a payment pre-tax of $592 for 35 months. The down payment covered the first payment. This car is fantastic! My only issue is that you cannot tell what gear it is in from looking at the console and the dash selection is sometimes blocked by the steering whee.
    What was the selling price and residual ?

Thanks
  • maryn165maryn165 Member Posts: 12
    I am looking to lease a 2010 MDX with tech and ent package. Can you tell me what I can expect to pay on a 36 month lease, 12,000 miles, and zero down (I will pay the taxes upfront). With the way these leases are going, I am wondering if it would be more cost efficient to try and buy a used 2009 model. I live in Long Island, New York.

Thanks for any help you can give.
  • ottoman3ottoman3 Member Posts: 6
    I am looking for a 2010 MDX with technology package. I was offered the following deal : 3,999$ down payment and 561 $ a month for 36 months with 10,000 miles a year. What do you think of this offer? I insisted on knowing the money factor as well as the residual value but for some reason the dealer has been reluctant to disclose them. Is this a decent deal? I am leasing a honda and the lease is going to expire soon. Do I qualify for a loyalty discount? Does anybody know the invoice price for an Acura MDX 2010 with tech package?
  • soulmamasoulmama Member Posts: 25
    I just leased an MDX from an Acura dealer in the Seattle area. I checked with all of the dealers in the area and the car is in short supply and no one is giving much in the way of discounts.

Details: MDX Tech/Ent

Cap Cost $44,002
    Residual $25,693
    Term 36/12,000
    Payment $636+ tax (9.8%)

Zero down, 26 months no sales tax (credit for trade-in) and a check for $1,600 back to me on my trade after 1st mo. payment, registration and fees of $1,100.

Monthly payment was not an issue so I chose not to reduce the cap cost with the $1,600 from my trade.

I test drove an RX 350, Lincoln MKX, Cadillac SRX, Infiniti FX 35. I knew 5 minutes into the test drive that the MDX was the one.
    which dealer did you go to? Lynnwood, Seattle, or Bellevue?
  • jshcnmtjshcnmt Member Posts: 1
    Need the MF and Residual for MDX Advance/Entertainment
  • captwcaptw Member Posts: 1
    The invoice price for an MDX 2010 with tech package is $42,919 total dealer invoice.
    I don't know anything about a loyalty discount.
  • tbenson81tbenson81 Member Posts: 25
    Car man - as always, your info and numbers are very much appreciated. Can you please let me know the MF and residual on the 2010 MDX with only tech package? I am looking for a 3 year and 15k mile lease. Thanks in advance

Tony
    I stopped in at the Lynnwod dealer on Sunday. I apparently bought one of the only ones they have received so far that wasn't pre sold. D was great to work with.
    what color did you end up getting?
    got the following deal on a 2010 acura MDX with TECH
    36 months/10K
    Selling price $45.000
    Money factor:0.00145
    Out of pocket: $3.200, includes taxes, and all fees
    Monthly payment: $642

Does is sound like a good deal? a live in Minnesota
    Bali Blue Pearl with grey interior. My last car had black leather and it was really a heat magnet. That is, during the two weeks of heat we usually have each summer...
  • grace7000grace7000 Member Posts: 6
    What can I expect to pay for a loaded 2010 MDX with Technology and Entertainment Packages in Nassau (ie 11050) or Suffolk (ie 11731) county NY? The MSRP of the vehicle I built on the Acura site had a MSRP of $48.6k. We would select the lowest mile package available.
    I Got the following deal on a 2010 MDX with tech package 12K 36 months lease
    $3,247 out of pocket, covers taxes, license.......
    $650 a month
    money factor:0.00145
    Residual: 54%
    Selling price:$ 44,200

I live in Minnesota. Do you think it is a good deal?
  • happydukehappyduke Member Posts: 3
    Hi , I am not great with the calculations and was hoping someone can provide ballpark what I should be paying for MDX Advance Pkg

Neg. price $49600
    36 mo term
    12000 miles per year
    Live in Il 8.5% tax

Planning on including tax in payment with no upfront money except first paymetn and license. Any help? Thanks
    Thank you for your reply

I got this lease:
    $ 3219 out of pocket (upfront taxes, first month payment and fees), $650 a month, 36 month lease with 12K. MF 0.0145, residual 55%. what do think of this deal? I live in Minnesota. Thank you
    Here you go, chicat. Acura's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 MDX with 10,000 miles per year are .00145 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    You're welcome, a4sf. The money factor is exactly the same for the MDX with Tech, but its residual value is 2% lower.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, jshcnmt. Acura's January buy raate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 MDX Tech with the entertainment package and 15,000 miles per year are .00145 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to help you out, Tony. Acura's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 MDX Tech with 15,000 miles per year are .00145 and 53%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks, Car-Man. I took delivery last night in Illinois on an MDX base with chrome side steps as only add-on. 36 mo/10k miles. Zero down except license, $603/mo. I'm happy with that deal.
    You're very welcome, chicat. Thanks for letting us know how everything turned out. If you haven't already, make sure to hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience as well.

Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
  • corprcrtrcorprcrtr Member Posts: 1
    You can find invoice prices on edmunds.com w/ tech pkg and destination msrp $46,715 invoice $42,919 (tmv $44,798) ...your lease price looks like the lease I saw when I looked at incentives and rebates on the site. I did a one pay lease on Sat the 29th of Jan. and it was the only one in the color we wanted with the tech pkg for 100 miles. Good Luck.
  • discerning1discerning1 Member Posts: 2
    The selling price, with all fees was about $41,300 and the residual is about $24,500.
This discussion has been closed.