Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Lease Questions

Comments

• roncoronco Member Posts: 6
    I'm also really interested in the lease program numbers for the MDX, and I'm not yet decided on which package.
  • indecisionindecision Member Posts: 22
    I leased a 2009 base mdx last year with 10,000 mi per yr for 3 yr. Due to a change in circumstance, my mileage per year is going to increase because I will need to commute to a new job, approx 50 miles per day. Is there anything I can do to change the terms of the lease at this point or even get into a different lease? I know this is the risk you take when leasing but I was hoping someone may have had some experience with this.

Thx.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're very welcome, monchero.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi calcoug. Many banks do offer lessees a discount on the money factor that is used to calculate the interest portion of their lease cost if they agree to pre-pay for their entire lease in advance. I suspect that Honda Finance does as well, but I'm not sure of the exact discount that it provides for doing so.

If I had to make an educated guess, I'd say that its pre-pay money factor discount would be around .00080. The .00071 money factor that you were quoted looks about right for an advance pay lease to me. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor for a normal 36 month lease of a 2010 MDX is .00133 for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi omadao24. Banks usually allow the full residualization (I'm not even sure that is a word, but people in the industry use it) of all factory-installed options. Dealer-installed options are a different story. Honda Finance might allow you to bake some dealer options into your lease, but chances are that you are going to end up having to pay for the entire cost of a number of, if not all of, these options over the cost of your lease...which needless to say is fairly annoying. You wouldn't necessarily have to pay for the entire cost of these options at lease signing, you will probably be able to spread them out over your monthly payments...but you still will end up paying for the full cost of the options rather than a portion of them like you would on factory-installed options.

This is why I usually do not get any dealer-installed options on my vehicle when I lease.

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to help you out, enthusiastdre. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 Acura MDX with 15,000 miles per year are .00133 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2010 MDX with Tech are .00133 and 53%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi borderman01. While it was technically true that Acura introduced a new lease program on July 7th, its new program results in almost identical monthly payments as its June program. While it is usually true that they don't know what the new program will be like after the current one ends, salespeople often like to create a false sense of urgency in customers to get them to finalize deals ASAP.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello Brian. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Honda Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Acura MDX with Tech and Advance and 12,000 miles per year are .00133 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Here's a description of what the '11 MDX will be like from automobile magazine:

2011 Acura MDX

Car_man
    Host
  • omadao24omadao24 Member Posts: 14
    Car Man - What are the current July lease numbers for a 36mo / 12k/yr on a MDX with Tech and Ent.

Thank you!
  • borderman01borderman01 Member Posts: 10
    edited July 2010
    Hey Carman

Thanks alot. But last week after thinking about it, I decided to pull the trigger and make the deal ;) . I feel I got a fair deal on the following;

2010 MDX Base
    36 months
    59% residual
    .00150 money factor
    Selling price $39,622.58
    MF $43,090
    10K miles
    $1,710 out of pocket for NY DMV, doc fee, bank fee, etc...
    No money down
    Total payment including NY taxes = $542.51
  • mnmdxmnmdx Member Posts: 4
    I currently have a 2006 base MDX lease that is up. My buyout is $17,200.00 and the dealer tells me I have $2000 in equity. They are quoting me on a new 2010 MDX tech lease as follows: 36 month - 12k per year - MSRP of $46,765.00
    Total cash on delivery Taxes, fees, etc..before discounts = $6,762.73
    Deduct my $2,000 trade equity and deduct first payment $535.00 for a
    Grand Total due at delivery - $4227.73 / $535 per month

Does this seem fair? Should I wait until August to see what the new lease deal is closer to the end of the quarter?
  • urnzwayurnzway Member Posts: 7
    Can you please let me know the July lease rates for MDX with tech? I am in NC and am looking for both 10K and 12K miles and 36 months. Thank you.
  • woodeallenwoodeallen Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car_man, could you please post the current MF and residuals for an MDX w/ Tech for 36/10K per year?

I am guessing .00133 and 56% based on your earlier post for a 15K lease?
  • dakota9dakota9 Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2010
    Just signed on the deal below in Toledo, Ohio at Dave White Acura. It was a great experience without any hassles. I negotiated the entire deal over email.

2010 MDX Tech
    Color: Black
    Interior: Parchment
    36 Month Lease
    10,000 miles per year
    MSRP: $46765
    Cap Cost/ Sale Price: $43,246 - includes destination charge
    Money Factor: .00133 Residual 56%
    Acquisition fee: $595 Rolled into Lease Payment
    Monthly Payment with Tax $625
    Signing payment: $778 (1st month +Title+Registration)
  • fitzramfitzram Member Posts: 41
    Thanks for sharing, dakota9. I'm guessing your tax rate is about 6.6%, right?
    Also the acq fee of $595 is not included in your cap figure of $43,246, correct? Meaning your total cap cost = sale price of $43,246 + acq fee of $595 for a total of $43,841.
    Just looking to confirm before closing my own deal here in NY.
    Thanks for the info and enjoy the ride!
  • dakota9dakota9 Member Posts: 4
    That's correct, the $595 was not included in my cap cost figure, and yes my total Cap Cost is $43,841 with a tax rate of 6.75%. I think I could have pushed them a little harder on price, but I was satisfied and they made the transaction very simple. Good luck.
  • virgo626virgo626 Member Posts: 5
    Hi fitzram,
    I am also looking for MDX Tech pkg. in NYC. Let me know what you get on the leasing.

thanks
    Thanks for the info dakota9. I appreciate it.
    Will do, virgo626.
  • rpo6grpo6g Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car_man, could you please post the current MF and residuals for an MDX w/ Tech for 36/20K per year in MA?
    Here you go, omadao24.

Honda Finance's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Acura MDX with Tech, Entertainment, and 12,000 miles per year are .00133 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to, urnzway.

Honda Finance's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Acura MDX Tech with 12,000 miles per year are .00133 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year is 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey woodeallen. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi rpo6g. Honda Finance's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Acura MDX with Tech and 15,000 miles per year are .00133 and 53%, respectively.

15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that Honda Finance publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than that, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
  • bidder5000bidder5000 Member Posts: 17
    so based on this rate, the monthly is coming in around $657.00 with zero down?
  • star990star990 Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car_man, could you please post the current MF and residuals for an MDX Advance w/entertainment for 12k/36months?
    I think the lease program changes again sometime in August 1st week, do you think there will be major changes?
    Thanks
  • mojahed27mojahed27 Member Posts: 4
    I got a quote:
    Acura MDX Tech package, including sport running boards, body side molding.
    Monthly payment $655
    Out of pocket $1,700 ( bank, DMV, 1st month).
    36 month, 10,000 miles.
    Brooklyn, NY. Plaza Auto Mall.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,145
    A reporter is looking to speak to consumers who recently got a new vehicle because of the great lease deal. Please send your daytime phone number and the car you purchased to ctalati@edmunds.com by Friday, August 6, 2010.
    Thanks,
    Chintan
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• 135i135i Member Posts: 25
    no offense... dunno why anyone would buy cars from any dealer in the nyc area, especially bklyn. at lease go to NJ.
  • acurapleeezacurapleeez Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    We are looking to lease a 2010 Acura MDX base model. We have not dealt with Acura for our leases in the past, so I'm wondering how much play there is with these numbers?
    3 yrs/36,000 miles
    MSRP 43,090
    Adj cap cost $38,200
    Residual factor $57% $24,500

$486/mo incl. tax w/$3,700 down.

We never put money down on our leases so I am trying to reduce this a little bit.

thanks!!!!
  • star990star990 Member Posts: 4
    Finally pulled the trigger, here is what we got:
    ADV/ENT
    36mnths/12k
    $750/month (includes 8.75% tax)
    $1495 down (includes tittle+1st payment)
    Includes Sports board+roof railing+crossbars

Thanks a lot member's for sharing your information, it helped a lot.
  • socalcar1socalcar1 Member Posts: 11
    Car Man would you please clarify the August money factor and residuals for me on a 2010 MDX with Tech/Ent, 12K and 15K miles? Have the rates changed in August? One dealer told me the rate is .00123 if you roll drive offs (first payment, license,etc, no cap reduction) into the whole payment, and .00133 if you pay drive offs up front. Also, is the 595.00 bank fee standard or are they trying to pad profit? Thanks very much.
    Here you go, star990.

Honda Finance's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Acura MDX Advance with 12,000 miles per year are .00133 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    HA great username acurapleeez :) .

The easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

The dealer invoice price of a base 2010 Acura MDX is currently $39,586. If I was in the market for this model right now, I'd shoot for around $500 over invoice or so without any capitalized cost reduction.

Car_man
    Host
    Congratulations on getting your new MDX, star990. Thanks for taking the time to give back by sharing the details of your lease with everyone.

Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, socalcar1.

Honda Finance's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Acura MDX with Tech, Entertainment, and 15,000 miles per year are .00133 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year is 2% higher.

Honda Finance charges a $595 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases. Individual dealers do not have the ability to waive this charge.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you very much Car Man. One follow up question. Consumer Reports says the holdback on the Acura line is currently 3%, or, for example, 1,434 on the mdx tech/ent. I obtained this info. by purchasing their car buyer report for the mdx. I have spoken with dealers that claim Consumer Reports is wrong, and that the holdback is 2%. I called Consumers and they said they have accurate holdback info. because they buy the cars directly from the manufacturer and therefore are privy to this info. When you check free websites you'll find both numbers quoted. What do I believe? Thanks again.
    You're very welcome, socalcar1. Good question about the holdback. I'm not sure who's right, the dealer or Consumer Reports, but I'm not sure that it really matters either. If I was in the market for a 2010 Acura MDX right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of around $500 over the dealer invoice price that is listed here at Edmunds.com and not worry about the holdback.

Car_man
    Host
  • jayctjayct Member Posts: 16
    We have been going back and forth on how to replace our 02 MDX which was totaled. Looking at a Pilot but am not sure I like it that much. Keep coming back to the MDX. Have received a few lease quotes with about $580 per month for 36 months at 12,000 miles. Is this a good price? Jay
    Thank you I came to the same conclusion and finally made a deal and received my car today. I have been using two tools to lease cars for years - this forum, as well as an excel spreadsheet I use that calculates lease rates based on the various pertinent inputs (invoice, msrp, money factor, residual rates, etc.). They are both very powerful tools. So I'm happy to share the deal I made here in Southern CA. I have leased a new 2010 MDX with Tech and Entertainment, 3 years 12,000 mi per year. My drive off was 1600 exactly including first month payment of 690.00 which includes 9.75% sales tax. According to my model this amounts to about 400.00 over invoice, not taking into consideration the holdback. Thanks again for everybody's info and I hope mine is helpful as well.
  • nightstarnightstar Member Posts: 7
    For a 2010 MDX with Tech, does the following lease rate sound fair? A dealer in Westchester County, NY gave me a quote of $599 per month for:

2010 MDX with Technology Package
    36 months with 15,000 miles/year
    nothing down exept tax, title, fees, & 1st payment.

Thanks!
  • rllnresistancerllnresistance Member Posts: 8
    socalcar1 - Mind sharing a copy of that spreadsheet?
    Why not? What's wrong with dealers in NYC?
    Hi jayct.
    We looked at the Pilot also because of the greater cargo room and flat folding 2nd row. Didn't like the test drive at all. That 250HP engine is just too small - it made the car feel 'heavy.' I also read that the braking distances were a bit longer than expected.

What's strange about the engine is that the smaller size plus Honda's variable valve technology all add up to a whopping 1 mile/gal difference than Acura's 300HP version! If you're gaining 5 miles per gallon then maybe you're willing to sacrifice the acceleration, but 1mi/gal?!?!

Anyway, we came back to the MDX and have no regrets.

I can't answer your question about whether or not the $580/mo is a good quote without all the details. Cap cost reduction? Sales tax? Fees? Any other costs due at signing?
    Hi nightstar.

Do you have the current residual and money factor for an MDX w/tech 36mo @ 15k miles/year? If yes I can calculate for you the sales price the dealer is getting on the sale.
    Money factor = 0.00145
    Residual = 55%
    I think that's the residual @ 12k/year. 15k/year should be less. Can anyone confirm?
    OK, I think I found current MF and residual on your MDX w/tech, 15k/yr @ .00133 and 52% respectively. Using those numbers, that payment reflects a sale price $300 UNDER dealer invoice. That's an excellent deal in Westchester, assuming there are no hidden fees due @ signing and the MDX doesn't have mileage.
    Thanks for the wonderfully fast feedback. My impression was that it's a very good deal.
    It's better than the deal I negotiated at Acura of Bedford Hills, and Curry in Scarsdale wouldn't come close. The dealer in Larchmont came in with the highest price. So which dealer did you get this quote from? I'm really curious!
This discussion has been closed.