Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Lease Questions

Comments

• socalcar1socalcar1 Member Posts: 11
    is there a way to attach a file on this site? Happy to attach the model.">
  • indecisionindecision Member Posts: 22
    anyone ever try and turn in an mdx early? I have a 2009 mdx I really need to turn in early.
  • ballhoggballhogg Member Posts: 38
    I'm in the process of doing it right now, but I only have 6 months left on my lease. My dealer is buying me out of my lease and putting me in a new car. Acura (Honda) makes it tough to get out of a lease because they don't allow you to transfer the lease.
  • srizzosrizzo Member Posts: 3
    I am close to leasing an MDX with tech pkg. I would like to include some accessories in the lease if possible. Are the running boards or roof racks able to be residualized? Someone told me boards yes, racks no. In any event, does anyone know the dealer cost for the sport running boards and the roof rails only? It does not seem to list the costs here on Edmunds. Thanks!
    I'm pretty sure accessories can't be residualized. I would search the web for the prices - I've seen the sport running boards for $425 and the roof rails (without the cross bars) for $200. I've bought the chrome side steps (twice now) and paid a local mechanic $50 to install. If you're handy and have the right tools you can do both pretty easily.
  • bidder5000bidder5000 Member Posts: 17
    I am over my miles on my 2008 MDX. I have the Tech package with DVD, Navigation. I got a call from my local Acura dealer today saying if I wanted to bring in my 2008 MDX and exchange it for a 2010, my monthly payment would be the same, no money down, no out of pocket for my 3,000 overage miles.

so currently lease is $687 a month (including tax)
    2010 would be $687 a month (including tax)

No money out of pocket

is this a deal or am I being played?
    It depends. How many months do you have left and what is your sales tax rate? The extra miles is only $450 (assuming $.15/mile) at the most. I was over 16K miles on my 05 MDX lease and AHFC reduced it by half since I got an 08.

I'm in the same boat - my dealer is buying me out of my lease with 6 months to go and getting me into a 2010 Tech/Ent at $695/month (nothing down) which is lower than what I was paying before.
  • 40yearfan40yearfan Member Posts: 102
    Sounds pretty good to me. Are you getting out of a 3 year lease and going into another 3 year lease? Are you getting the same number of miles per year?
    2015 Buick Encore Leather Edition
    2014 Buick Enclave Premium Edition
    I'm over my miles by 3,000. My sales tax rate is 8.25% and the $687/month including sales tax. Thanks for helping.
    yes, I am getting another 3 year lease. I am supposedly getting the same number of miles per year.
  • 40yearfan40yearfan Member Posts: 102
    Sounds like a great deal to me. I don't believe you could get GM to make that kind of deal, especially not with a year left on the lease.
    2015 Buick Encore Leather Edition
    2014 Buick Enclave Premium Edition
    I meant how many months do you have left on your current lease. It seems like a good deal, very similar to mine.

As for GM comment, that's like comparing apples to rotten oranges :)
    Oh sorry about that, I have 6 months left on my lease (march 2011) Thanks again for all your help!
    That looks like a good deal, assuming you're doing 12K miles per year. I think it's a good idea to get out of your lease now since you're over your mileage. I'm trying to find out what incentives the dealers have to buy out people early from their leases.
  • rezultzrezultz Member Posts: 12
    I noticed a few weeks ago that the Acura website switched to their online configurator to the 2011 model. Does this mean that dealerships are now selling and getting inventory of 2011 model year cars? If so, does that mean that there will be better deals on the 2010 models (I mean better than what most people are getting now)???
    Just wanted to update everyone. I went down to Weir Canyon Acura on Saturday and met with the internet manager Chris Allen. He was nothing but totally up front and honest, I have never had an easier transacation, ever!!! If anyone wants a great straightforward person to work with, go to Weir Canyon in Yorba Linda and ask for Chris Allen.

Anyhow, I was in and out of there in no time. He gave me a 2010 Acura MDX Technology and Entertainment package. No money out of pocket, just same payments. They didn't charge me for my 3,000 over miles or my wear on my tires or any wear and tear, unbelievable. I was really really happy and now am super happy with my 2010 MDX. I love my MDX!
  • joeyd5ohjoeyd5oh Member Posts: 36
    edited September 2010
    Decided to go check out lease prices on the 2010 MDX with tech. Low and behold none of my local dealers had any 2010's left with Tech but plenty of the base models sitting around. Salesman says the 2011's with Tech will be in end of September and quoted me $639 a month with $3406 down and includes everything including tax. For 36 months 15k miles a year. Price of the vehicle is $44,469.

Included in the $3406 down is a security deposit that the salesman states is refundable at the end of the lease. Just wondering if this is a decent deal or should try harder. Thanks
    My $.02: That sounds pretty ridiculous. $3400 security deposit either means your credit is shot or the dealer is trying to play games with you. I would first check with every dealer in your extended area for a 2010 Tech and also see what they're offering on the 2011s. Don't walk into a dealership until after you've negotiated your terms.
  • raf811raf811 Member Posts: 8
    Just got a 2010 MDX (Grigio/Ebony) with Tech and a Remote Starter from Open Road Acura of East Brunswick, NJ.

http://www.openroadacuraofeastbrunswick.com

36 Months / 12000 Miles
    $2100 (tax, title, fees, & 1st payment)
    $604.50 / Monthly (Including Tax).

What do you think of this deal?
  • delta737hdelta737h Member Posts: 626
    ballhogg,

I think you need to go back and read joey's post again. He never said that the security deposit is $3400. What he said was...

"Included in the $3406 down is a security deposit that the salesman states is refundable ..."

John
  • joeyd5ohjoeyd5oh Member Posts: 36
    The security deposit was something like $600 if I remember correctly. No my credit is great low 800's. Salesman said that Acura never asked for a security deposit in recent past but will be for 2011 models. Don't know if its BS or not but I should be able to fight that one considering this will be my 4th Acura purchase or lease. Also I agree not to go into the dealership until you negotiated terms but I had to actually sit in the car to see if I fit being that Im 6'7 250lbs. Im in no rush so I will wait until I know I am getting a good deal.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter seeks to interview someone who is planning to lease a car in the near future, or recently got into a lease. Please respond to pr@edmunds.com by Sept 16, 2010 with your daytime phone number and some words about your experience.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

My bad, a $3400 security deposit did sound pretty weird. Damn, 6'7" 250 lbs with 800+ FICO to boot? Intimidating :)

It doesn't sound like a good deal but I'd like to crunch the numbers. Has anyone posted the residual values and money factors for the 2011 models yet? I doubt Acura is offering any promotions because they're still trying to clear out the 2010s.
  • vdub8vdub8 Member Posts: 16
    Hi Carman,

I was wondering if you could please give me the following information for MDX for the 2010 and 2011 Acura MDX Tech -

MF for 36 months 15K/yr (& 12K if possible)
    MF for 48 months 15K/yr (& 12K if possible)

Thanks!
    Hi -

Does anyone know of any specific aggressive, no nonsense, Acura dealers in Northern California (between Sacramento and San Fran)?

Just reply to my post or you can send me personal message. I appreciate any help I can get. Thanks!
  • srs149srs149 Member Posts: 35
    I'm currently trying to decide whether to purchase a 2010 leftover or a 2011 MDX with technology and entertainment packages. I was originally planning to finance, but knowing my history of wanting something new, I don't realistically believe that I'll hold the car for four or five years, so am thinking that leasing is my best option.

Because of the drop in residual for the 2010 models, i'm guessing that if i can negotiate nearly as good of a price on an '11 as they're offering on '10s, i might make out just as well if not better on leasing a 2011 model. I know, however, that even if i negotiate down close to invoice, the dealer could still play with the money factor (and perhaps other components of the lease) to jack up my monthly payment.

As such, i need to run the calcs myself so i know whether or not i'm being played. Does anyone know what the money factor and residual value would be for the 2011 MDX with tech / entertainment package.

Any assistance is appreciated.
  • scottuscottu Member Posts: 1
    I just put a deposit down on a 2011 with tech.
    MSRP: $47115
    Sale Price: $43500
    Acquisition Fee: $595
    MF: .00180
    Residual: 57%
    payment: $660 including 9% PA sales tax
    only up front money is first month payment and tags ($660 + $175)

This sounds like a good deal. I went to 3 other dealers and they were all willing to let me walk when I brought this deal up.
    Great price! I'm in PA as well. What dealer and color combo if you don't mind me asking, and did you add any dealer-installed accessories (such as running board, roof rack, side moulding, etc). Thanks for all of the specs.

by the way, is the residual based off of what amount of miles per year? Assuming that this is a 36 month lease, correct?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi vdub8. Honda Finance's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 Acura MDX with 15,000 miles per year are .00122 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00185 and 44%.

The numbers for the '10 MDX Tech are .00122 and 51% / .00185 and 42%, respectively.

The numbers for a base '11 MDX are .00170 / 56% and .00185 / 48%.

The numbers for an '11 MDX Tech are .00170 / 54% and .00185 / 46%.

All of these lease programs assume that you go with nothing due at lease signing. If you were to lease with only 12,000 miles per year, the above residual values would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Here's the information that you're looking for, srs149.

Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 MDX with Tech, Entertainment, and 15,000 miles per year are .00170 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier and pay nothing at lease signing.

Car_man
    Host
    Awesome, just what i needed. Thanks Car_man!
    Thanks car man...
  • jimmybadlandsjimmybadlands Member Posts: 6
    Car man , I have what i think is a pretty good deal / 10 MDX TECH/ENT Package ,
    $640 per month , 36 months , zero down . What do you think is thare any more room , i am in Orlando ... Thank You
  • apdspiderapdspider Member Posts: 61
    2010 MDX base
    36 months, 10Kmiles.yr, 0 at signing.

What are my RV and MF?

Thanks
    Hi, does that include taxes? how many miles per year? did you pull the trigger?
    what's your payment per month, including taxes, if you don't mind me asking. I'm trying to get a leftover tech/ent and need to get the average paid. My dealer offered me an 11 tech.ent for $682, not including taxes, nothing out of pocket for 36 months, 12k... i think it's high
  • jimmybadlandsjimmybadlands Member Posts: 6
    2011 / 10k miles per year / $650 per month + tax per month / Tech/ENT
    Sign and Drive out the door
    that's pretty decent... i'm assuming if i do 12k it'll raise my per month about $15
  • tsaibrutsaibru Member Posts: 1
    Hi jimmybadlands:

Do you mind share your location/dealer?

Thanks!

Bruce
    edited September 2010
    As of tomorrow:

$1000 incentive for MDX. I got the following offer tonight:

2011 MDX Base 36 month lease, 10k miles/yr.

$499/mo + FL(6.5% sales tax) = $531/mo

$1378 at signing (Dealer Fee, Acquisition Fee.)
    1st payment waived or paid by dealer so 35 payments only.

Delray Beach Acura, FL
    The dealer told you about it? Does it apply to the 2010s and 2011s?
    Came straight from the dealer in Delray FL... Delray Acura. Ask for Rich, he's the one who mentioned the brand new incentive on the MDX. Not sure if it's for the 2010 or 2011. I think its for both.
  • mdx10leasermdx10leaser Member Posts: 2
    I am getting 2010 MDX advance/ENT and apparently there is not much inventory in the black/ebony.
    12,000 miles, 36 months.
    $48,887 told MF 00132 with 51% residual
    1500 first payment includes monthly payment of $763 per month which includes 8.75% CA tax.
    Is this a fair deal? thanks.
    someone else posted $750 monthly payment, but my seller said maybe I would have an advantage at the end due to the residual being lower. Does that sound right?
    I'm glad that I was able to help you out, srs149.

Car_man
    Host
    You're welcome vdub8.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jimmybadlands. It would be quicker and easier for myself and others to evaluate this deal if you told us what this vehicle's selling price is. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number, it is more difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given and in turn if there is any room left to negotiate.

Let us know what the selling price is and we'll tell you what we think.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, apdspider.

Acura's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 MDX with 10,000 miles per year are .00132 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this vehicle, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 dealer cash incentive that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Given that invoice on the 2010 A/E is $50.4K including destination, that sounds pretty good. The RV is low because the 2011s are already at the dealers, and I would assume that Acura will have a new MDX by 2012-13 given their history. What else is included in the $1500 besides the first month payment?
  • mdx10leasermdx10leaser Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the reply.

The 1500 includes the following:
    cap cost reduction 26.36
    sales tax 2.31
    advance monthly payment 763.64
    ca tire fee 8.75
    registration fee 650.00
    doc prep fee 45.00
    sales tax 3.94
    total 1500.00
    Looks good. The RV is pretty low, but I guess there is nothing you can do about that. Did you do it?
This discussion has been closed.