Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Lease Questions

Comments

• cldcomcldcom Member Posts: 7
    Hey Carman,

Just checking back. Thanks for all the information as it came in very handy. I pulled the trigger today on a base MDX, 36 month, 10,000 miles a year. $500 a month plus 7% south florida sales tax leaving a $535 monthly payment. Zero money down, I just payed for the tag transfer, and they made the first payment. Net Cap Cost was $40,600.

How did I do?
  • mimi21mimi21 Member Posts: 1
    Just started looking at MDX today in South Florida, what dealer did you use? thanks
  • cldcomcldcom Member Posts: 7
    Hi,

I dealt with Phil Smith Acura in Pompano Beach. I drove up from Miami as they by far had the best price. The service I received was top notch. I dealt with Joe Didimizio. Tell him Cesar reffered you.
  • dyx121dyx121 Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2011
    Hello all,
    I am getting a lease quote from an Acura Dealer in Manhattan, NY.
    2011 MDX with Tech Package selling price at $43779.00
    36Months lease with 12000Miles per year, Zero down.
    Monthly payment $599.00 (Includes NJ tax)
    Out of pocket $1648 (599+595+347+87)
    First month + DMV fees, acquisition fees (They stated that I can’t transfer from my old plate in NJ , could you please confirm this) + Doc fee

Is it a good deal? or should I shoot for a better price?

Thanks every one.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi dmc82. Acura's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Acura MDX with Tech, Entertainment, and 15,000 miles per year are .00145 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00190 and 51%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    You're welcome, cldcom. I'm glad that you found the information helpful. This vehicle's dealer invoice price is $39,954. So you were at $650 or so over invoice, which is a petty good deal. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
  • jgc_11jgc_11 Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2011
    Dear Carman

I've negotiated the following terms for a 2011 MDX w/ Tech and would very much appreciate your thoughts as I'm carless (returned my '08 A6 last weekend) and need to do this deal this Friday ... I've been shopping / negotiating here in SoCal for about a month and this is the best I've gotten.

36 Months / 10,000 Miles
    Residual is 58%
    Money Factor is .001350
    Sell Price: $42,292
    Monthly $541 + $58 Tax = $599
    Out of pocket: Zero walk off, Acura makes first payment and I pay $586 for DMV.

Thanks in advance.
  • jdms57jdms57 Member Posts: 5
    Not sure if you did any better but I am looking to lease a 2011 MDX w/Tech and would like to do it by month end- this is the best I have seen so far in NJ:

36 Months/ 10k miles
    Residual 58%
    Money Factor .00145
    Sell Price: 42,986
    Hi jgc_11. The money factor that you were quoted looks great. It's right in line with Acura's current buy rate for this model.

As far as the selling price that you were quoted goes, the dealer invoice price for a 2011 Acura MDX with Tech is $43,286. So the price that you were quoted is $1,000 or so under invoice, which is an excellent deal.

If you like the MDX, I personally don't see any reason not to go for it.

Car_man
    Host
  • rider123rider123 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

Thank you for an exellent posting. I am looking for the same deal as you made. Could you tell me what dealer gave you this deal?

Thanks,
    Michael
    I actually ended up with a higher selling price- between start of negotiations and actually working out a deal- the invoice price moved higher. I ended up paying 500 over invoice- 58% residual with a .00145 money rate for the tech 12k miles per year at DCH Acura in Montclair NJ. Lowest price and best service of the 3 dealers I negotiated with in north jersey. Love the car.
  • firsttimeleasefirsttimelease Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2011
    This was the lease quote I received from a dealer in NY:

36 mo lease on a 2011 MDX with Advance package (no Ent.) based on 12k mi allowance
    Monthly payment: $689 (based on 0 down)
    Bank Fee: 595
    TTL is additional

Thanks!
  • queens207tlqueens207tl Member Posts: 35
    I just wanted to verify the residual value. I was under the impression that a 58% residual was based on 10K miles a year and that 57% residual for 12K mi/yr. Are you sure that you received a 58% residual value with 12K miles per yr? Thanks.. btw you got a great deal. Congrats!
  • suv_4_lifesuv_4_life Member Posts: 2
    Hello Car_Man,

Here's the best lease quote I received so far for a 2011 MDX Tech w/Ent (15k/36mo)

MF 0.00145
    Res. 54%
    NetCapCost 45,182
    Incept/Down 1000 (1st mo + Bank fees+taxes)
    Mo. Pmt. 623+taxes

Need your advice and expert opinion....please help!

Thanks,
    Neel
  • sg819sg819 Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2008
    Can someone tell me what Acura's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 MDX with Tech and 12,000 miles per year is (assuming "Super Preferred" credit tier)?
    You are right for 12k it is 57% and 10k it was 58%- I had been going back and forth and decided on the 12k.
  • tracib1tracib1 Member Posts: 4
    Hi.
    I have a quote for a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year for an MDX with tech package. Any thoughts on this price?

15Kmiles/year
    $605 plus tax = $681/mo
    money factor = .00135
    residual value = 55% or $25913.25'
    No money down
    $648.91 out of pocket to cover registration and license fees.

I feel like there is something missing that would surprise me later.

Thanks for your feedback.
  • amy9amy9 Member Posts: 13
    Hi CarMan,

I was hoping you could tell me the April MF and Residual for the following:

2011 Acura MDX with Tech Package
    36 month lease
    15,000 mpy

Thanks so much! You have been a huge help over the years.
  • miamiskiermiamiskier Member Posts: 1
    12k/yr 36 months
    $400 out of pocket
    Mf .00135
    Resid 57%
    $595 + tax 7%
    Acura makes first payment so 35 left
    Thoughts? Thanks
    Hi Neel. The money factor that you were quoted looks good. It's right in line with Acura's buy rate for his model.

The dealer invoice price of the truck that you're interested in is $45,009. That's pretty close to the price that you were quoted, so you're getting a good deal.

If you like the truck, go for it.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, sg819.

Acura's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 MDX Tech with 12,000 miles per year are .00145 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome, amy9. I'm glad that Acura's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 MDX Tech with 15,000 miles per year are .00145 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • suv_4_lifesuv_4_life Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Car_Man.

Since I last posted my numbers...the dealer came back with a better deal. Here's the latest what I have.

$44184 (Net Cap Cost)
    $0 down ($595 Acq Fess and TTL added to the cap cost)
    $44861 (Total Cap Cost)
    MF 0.00135
    Residual 54%
    $687/mo for 35 months (dealer pays the first month)

How does the above sound...it appears that the dealer's selling price is $800+ below invoice. I don't think I have any more room for negotiation. Do I?

Please advise.

Thanks,
    Neel
  • mdxrocksmdxrocks Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_Man,

Could you or some one tell me if I got a good lease or not? I live in MA.

$47,115 (MSRP)
    $43,571 (Net Cap Cost)
    MF 0.00145
    Residual 57% (12K/Year for 36 months)
    Total Drive off $7950 (Includes all fees + TTL + first month payment)
    $400/mo including tax for 35 months
  • jmangum1jmangum1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    Im in Southern Callifornia
    Several dealers have said the 12K,3yr resid on the MDX Tech/Ent is 56% not 57%-- is this expected/negotiable? (MF .00145)

Also, edmunds shows the invoice as being 44,149 as Kellys shows 45,008 and TRUEcar shows 45,309-- which do you figure is the most accurate...?

It's always so stressful getting a car, but sites like edmunds make it so much better! :)

Thanks!
  • jmangum1jmangum1 Member Posts: 2
    I actually just answered my own questions about the invoice: one doesnt include Dest, and one includes Dest and AD fees)

So my only question is about the residual being 56%

Thanks
  • acurafan2011acurafan2011 Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car_man,

Can you please tell us what Acura's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 MDX (with Tech and Entertainment) with 12,000 miles per yer? Assume qualification of top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Thanks!
    Hi acurafan2011. Acura's April lease program is actually still good through today, May 2nd. Its April buy rate lease money factor an residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 MDX with Tech, Entertainment, and 12,000 miles per year are .00145 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super PReferred" credit tier.

Please feel free to check back with me in a a day or two and I'll gladly provide you with an update on what the new May program is like.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Car_man... I'll bother you in a few days for May rates. In the meantime, I heard from 2 separate people shopping for vehicles, that due to the tsunami disaster in Japan, Honda and Toyota (and I assume Acura and Lexus) aren't leasing for some reason. Do you know if there is any truth to this? I don't see it anywhere online. I live in the DC area/ Northern VA... I plan to shop the dealerships this weekend.

Thanks again...
  • drjashandrjashan Member Posts: 9
    It seems everyone in this forum is more knowledgeable than me...

My question is... can anyone please suggest Lease rates( Money factors and residual percentages) for 2011 MDX with Nav package 15000 miles/yr?

Also ..how do you calculate the current money factors?

One more question,I am currently leasing a 2009 Honda Accord EX-L w/o Nav(15K miles/yr 36 month) ending feb 2012 .Residual value is 15300.I only have 20500 miles on it.Do you think its a good idea to trade it in towards a new lease?

Thanks to all in advance
    Hi acurafan2011. No, there's no truth to what you were told about the Japanese automakers not leasing. The lease deals on some models aren't as attractive as they were, but you can still lease any Toyota, Nissan, or Honda vehicle that you want.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi drjashan. Acura's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 MDX with Navigation and 15,000 miles per year are .00103 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

One doesn't calculate vehicles' money factors, manufacturers publish them in a list that they provide to dealers.

It's difficult to say whether you will be able to apply any equity in your trade towards your new lease, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Car_man
    Host
  • drjashandrjashan Member Posts: 9
    Thanks a lot.I shall keep you posted
  • markp6markp6 Member Posts: 3
    Can I get 5/2011 lease rates for an MDX with Tech/Entertainment. Southern California, 15K miles per year for 36 and 42 month lease. Thanks!
  • ashn888ashn888 Member Posts: 14
    Hi Car_man,

Would you be able to tell me what Acura's May money factor(s) and residual values are for a 2011 MDX with Tech, 10k and 12k miles for 36 months? (NH area)

Thanks!
    Hi markp6. Acura's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 MDX with Tech, Entertainment, and 15,000 miles per year are .00103 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

you don't want to lease this vehicle for 42 months...there's no support on that length lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello ashn888. Acura's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 MDX with Tech and 12,000 miles per year are .00103 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year is 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • ashn888ashn888 Member Posts: 14
    thank you so much Car_man!
  • markp6markp6 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks!
    You're very welcome ashn888.

Car_man
    Host
    I'm glad that I could help markp6.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Car_man... can you please share the buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 and 48 month lease of a 2011 MDX with Tech and Entertainment with 12,000 miles/ year? Thanks!
  • cary07cary07 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car man,

Would you be able to tell me what Acura's May money factor(s) and residual values are for a 2011 MDX with Advance pckg, 12k and 15k miles for 36 months? (Florida area). Also can you tell me the what a good cap cost is possible. Thanks
    Greetings to the appropriately named acurafan2011.

Acura's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 MDX with Tech, Entertainment, and 12,000 miles per year are .00103 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00185 and 48%.

Acura is scheduled to introduce a new lease program tomorrow. Please feel free to check back with me in a couple of days for an update.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello cary07. Acura's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 MDX with Advance and 15,000 miles per year are .00103 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year are 2% higher.

Normally I would say that if I was in the market for an MDX I would shoot for a selling price of $500 or perhaps a little more over dealer invoice. However, I don't know how the Japanese tragedy impacted Acura's supply of this vehicle. I don't believe that the MDX is assembled there, but many of its parts come from there. I know that Honda is the company that seems to have been hit the hardest by supply problems. If dealers don't have a lot of Acuras on their lots then you may have to pay more than you normally would for one until this situation is rectified.

Car_man
    Host
  • tab74tab74 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man,

I have been looking at a 2011 MDX Advance with entertainment package and considering a 36 month 12000 miles/year lease. I would like to know what to expect in regards to the current money factor and potential residual value. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
  • clhoustonclhouston Member Posts: 6
    Hi Car_man,

I would like to know the June lease rates for a base MDX, 36 month 12k miles.

Thanks
    Car_man,

Thank you and the forum for all your help. It kept me from getting ripped off... BIG TIME!

I went with a black/ black Tech package... decided against the RES... have iPad, will travel! We love the car... still learning the gadgetry. Unfortunately the process soured me. This is the 9th car I leased from Honda... I know my way around the block and can do the calculations with a sheet of paper and a calculator. This is BY FAR the worst lease experience I've ever had.

Details are $43K Cap Cost for the car, then I paid $3K up front which covered taxes, tags, acquisition fee, freight, 1st month, and a processing fee. The processing fee must be pure profit ($399)... I shouldn't have paid it. It was one of those fees that have on a big sign on the wall which makes it look legitimate, but it probably isn't. (someone please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). Monthly payment is $570.

I locked in an OK deal for $43K even. It took a little bit to get there, and I wanted better, but settled ... He fed me all the lines including the one where the tsunami is effecting the availability and value of the cars. I told him that the tsunami didn't hit Ohio... I asked, but they wouldn't show me the invoice and once I told him I decided to lease and that I expected the .00103 MF, I asked them to work out the numbers. I like to then do it by hand to see if there is anything that doesn't make sense to me. In times past, any discrepancy with the numbers are quickly worked out. It took a while for them to get me a monthly price making it difficult to check the math. I knew the facts would come out in the finance office and was willing to see where this would go, but something didn't smell right. The manager never came over to say anything to me... no thanks, no congrats, nothing.

Finally got with the finance manager. He started trying to sell me all the extras like paint protection, etc. I nicely told him up front that I didn't want anything he had to sell, so we should just get to the paperwork. He insisted that he review them with me, which was inconsiderate of my time, but I later realized he had a hidden reason. After I rejected all aftermarket options, he mentioned that he would give me paint protection for "free". My radar went up immediately... NOTHING is for free. I waited till he printed out the lease.

There it was... Paint protection added to the cap cost and factored into the payment.

I stopped him right there... he was shocked I caught it. He tried to argue it, but was caught dead in the water. I asked for an explanation, he said he "threw it in", because he decided to lower my MF to the .00103. "Decided to lower my MF" I asked him? All along, the MF was something higher... I don't remember the exact rate. I told him that it's a Honda finance program and since I qualified for the rate and we discussed it and agreed to it on the sales floor, I expected to have it as part of the deal. He told me it was solely at HIS discretion which MF he would give me and he decided to lower the MF to offset the paint protection that so they kindly gave to me for "free". I told him that this changes the whole deal and I'm going to walk. I told him that he was dishonest and that it was a slick move and I didn't appreciate it. I explained that I don't buy cars based on payments... I negotiate the price and the MF, and the payment falls where it may as long as the math is honest and correct.

He saw I was serious, and he immediately backed the paint protection (~$800) out of the deal. Reprinted the contract. I reviewed very carefully and signed. He was totally confused and angry, but the deal looked right to me, and it finally was. Payment was reduced $15 and the cap cost lowered down to what I expected. I was in a rush to get out of there because I had other things to do. I was planning to take delivery the next day, so nothing was left to do. I left angry... I should have spoken to a manager, but I didn't.

Next day the salesman calls me to tell me that the car is ready and I should come pick it up. I come in family in tow, as the car is for my wife, I wanted her to learn about it and drive it home. We get in the car and as the salesman begins the delivery process and the tutorial on how to use all the toys, the finance manager is there waiting for me. He asks me to step out of the car. The family remains in the car learning about all the features, I'm out in the street talking to the guy who tried to screw me. Total ambush. He explains to me that I was wrong, and that he's now in trouble because he did the deal wrong. Long story short, the guy wanted me to redo the lease so he wouldn't get into trouble. He told me that he "hates leases and sucks at doing them"... his own words. I told him he can have his car back and that I'd happily go to another dealer at this point. He backed down, I got in the car and told the salesman "thanks a lot" and we left, since I told him how uncomfortable and upset I was. Again, no manager in sight...

This is the 2nd Acura I leased from them, and as I mentioned, several Honda's before that. This is the way they treat return customers. This is supposed to be a high end dealership? I'll have to think twice before I go back ever.

I was called by corporate a few days later to do a phone survey. I did it. It was not favorable. The sent me an email with an online survey. I filled it out unfavorable. I played phone tag a few times with their Client Relations Manager... I need to get in touch with her. I have two VM's from the Salesman wondering why he didn't get excellent ratings (he got average, the Finance Manager was slaughtered). Salesman left messages wanting me to explain myself to HIM! Don't you think at this point management would intervene and give me a call to understand why I'm so unhappy? Instead they let the sales rep call setting up another unpleasant confrontational situation. Just writing this is getting me angry all over again.

Moral of the story is scrutinize every last detail in the contract. If you don't understand what the number means, have them explain it to you as many time as it take until you understand what's going on. I'm hesitant to name the dealer, the salesman or the finance manager, but would be happy to disclose if you want to email me. (I'll give email if people are interested)

Good luck to all of you... I really hope you don't have the same garbage experience I did.
    Greetings tab74. Acura's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 MDX Advance with 12,000 miles per year are .00103 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go clhouston. Acura's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Acura MDX Base with 12,000 miles per year are .00103 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.