Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hey hpowders. Acura's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2011 MDX with 10,000 miles per year are .00103 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • hpowdershpowders Member Posts: 4,330
    Hey there Mr. Car_man!

Thank you for your help with the MDX lease.

Regards,

hpowders
  • canuck101canuck101 Member Posts: 6
    I have been working on a mdx tech in the mid west and have gotten black/black 2011 @43500 sale price and 501 a month for 36 months. I thought this was a good deal but see others on this fourm that have gotten sale price of 42500 or less any ideas if I'm getting taken by this price. Oh ya it includes a trifold cargo tray
    Thanks
    You're very welcome hpowders.

Car_man
    Host
    I have been working on a deal, and I can never get specifics or anything in writing. As I posted above mine is for a tech 2011 MDX Black/black lease. Selling price 43140, 3000 at signing, and getting a 750 loyalty so really I am putting down 3750 at signing. Monthly comes out to 491 for 36 months, 10K.

Every calculator I use to try to work out what the monthly should be comes in way below this number, what I am missing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
  • cynde1cynde1 Member Posts: 2
    We recently visited a very reputable dealer and received the following lease quote:

$579.25 per month
    for a base model 2011 MDX $43,815 MSRP with "free" running boards ($654 value)
    36 months
    10,000 miles/year
    purchase option of $26,529.00

We have excellent credit with FICO scores greater than 780 at all three bureaus. Given the money factor mentioned on this thread previously (.00103) and the implied residual of 60.5% specified above, this doesn't seem like such a great deal. I backsolved for a money factor of 0.00141. I'm thinking that given the .00103 money factor, $550 per month seems fair. Is this reasonable? Going to dealer tomorrow to finalize deal, please help.
    Wow seems very high to me.
    I just closed on my 2011 tech mdx
    MSRP 47,500
    Sale Price 43,100
    Acura loyalty 750
    Makes actual selling price 42350
    6% tax
    3000 down
    Cost cap reduction 2150
    595 aqusition cost added on top of final sale price
    Monthly 465
    I was approved for top teir credit as you should be
    I am assuming you are putting nothing down but that is still very high
    Ps nothing is free
    I got free wheel locks, tri fold cargo tray and all season mats

Keep wheeling and dealing we were very pleased with our deal and are super happy with the car
  • marcnjmarcnj Member Posts: 8
    Seems like a good deal. Especially with the extra accessories. Do you know what the money factor and residual % was? I wonder if I would be entitled to the $750 loyalty being that I owned a 2006 TL?
  • cynde1cynde1 Member Posts: 2
    Update to my last post.

Just signed the lease. We are paying $550 per month for a base MDX.
    Includes running boards (no additional cost)
    35 months (dealer makes 1st payment)
    10,000/year
    purchase option is $26,529

Actual money factor we received was 0.00093.
    We put no money down, we are just paying for tax and tags.
    I was trying to compare different deals and just decided to calculate my out of pocket excluding tax and fees to show the true cost over the life of the lease.

All in, we're paying $19,250. (35 payments * $550)
    There was another deal of $499 per month for 35 months with $3000 down that comes out to $20,465, which is why we elected to put no money down. The dealer was very firm on the sales price given the low money factor and the 0 down.
  • achen1164achen1164 Member Posts: 1
    Hello-

I'm shopping for a 2011 MDX with tech package in the Los Angeles area.

Does anyone know the money factor and residual for Sept?
    (2011 MDX with tech package, 36 month lease, 12,000 per year).

Any help appreciated!
  • marcnjmarcnj Member Posts: 8
    +1 In NJ
    Hello achen1164. Acura Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 MDX Tech with 12,000 miles per year are .00068 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • nj_mdxnj_mdx Member Posts: 8
    Wow...... Money Factor of .00068 (down from from .00103) is a big change.
  • devs6devs6 Member Posts: 11
    Yes that is a big change, but they are not giving the $750 cash I think.

Car_man

Do you have the numbers for MDX base 36 month lease at 10k miles

Thank you
  • shotzy3shotzy3 Member Posts: 2
    Yes but dont be fooled. They also lowered the Residual by 2 points. So the leases actually turn out to be higher the last month with the higher money factor.
    The residual on mdx base last month was 57% at 15k miles
    what was the mdx tech ?
    I certainly do devs6. Acura Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2011 MDX with 10,000 miles per year are .00068 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    You're absolutely right shotzy3. Manufacturers often lower their money factors in an effort to offset, or at least partially offset, the natural drop in residual values that occurs as the model year progresses.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_man

Thank you much appreciated
  • m5ivanm5ivan Member Posts: 3
    I'm looking for the September residual and MF for MDX w/Advance, 36 months, 12k miles year.

Thanks!
  • atomarchioatomarchio Member Posts: 9
    Does someone have the money factor and residual on a 2011 MDX with Tech/Ent and 15K per year at 36 months?

Would these numbers change if I decided to do a "one-pay" lease? How would I calculate this?

Please let me know. Thanks.
  • ballhoggballhogg Member Posts: 38
    I don't know the current numbers, but why would you ever do a one-pay lease? That defeats the entire purpose of leasing.
    You're very welcome, devs6.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go m5ivan. Acura's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 MDX Advance with 12,000 miles per year are .00068 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, atomarchio. Acura's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 MDX with Tech and Entertainment and 15,000 miles per year are .00068 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I'm sure that Acura provides a money factor discount for Advance pay leases, but I'm not sure exactly how much that discount is.

Car_man
    Host
  • pitthockeypitthockey Member Posts: 3
    Just picked up my new 2011 MDX Tech, Bali Blue Pearl. Got the initial price quotes (and figured out who to deal with in my state) through AMEX network. Worked down from there.

Came out as 36 mo, 15k, $571.09 per month. The following is the breakdown.

MSRP 47,490
    Gross Cap: 43,803
    Net Cap: 42365
    15k miles per year
    residual: 53%
    MF: .00068

Up front $3,000 (not needed or desired by dealer; I wanted to drop the net cap down):

1st payment: 571.09
    Cap Red: 1437.49
    Sales Tax on up front and cap red: 182.92
    PA Tag: 88.50
    Sec Dep: 0
    Acquisition: 595
    Doc Fee: 125

Did have to go to the more competitive Philly market to get these numbers.
  • jmgoldsmithjmgoldsmith Member Posts: 18
    I'm considering leasing (36 months) or buying a 2011 MDX with Technology Package. The dealer has agreed to a purchase price equal to the invoice price ($43,979). I was quoted a money factor of 0.00068 (1.63%) and a residual value of 55% ($26,119) for 10K miles / year. Based on my calculations, this translates to a total monthly payment of $560.70 ($609.76 after taxes).

I have two questions:
    1. What's the current money factor & residual values (10K & 12K miles / year) for a 2011 MDX?

2. I'm strongly considering buying this vehicle, but it appears to be no more expensive to lease it for 3 years, and then purchase it when the lease expires. Is there any reason to finance the vehicle (1.9% over 60 months) instead of leasing for 3 years before purchasing it?

Thanks.
  • jdh226jdh226 Member Posts: 2
    Hi. I was just quoted $579/month for 2011 Tech and Entertainment. This has taxes (8.375%) and other fees (?) rolled into it. I was told that I pay only $579 and DMV fees when I pick up the car and $579/month thereafter.

36 months and 12k miles.

No idea how to determine whether or not this is a good deal. Any thoughts? Thank you very much in advance.
  • wheedler123wheedler123 Member Posts: 16
    Hi, I have a dilemma....would appreciate guidance..

1) Lease 2011 base mdx - was quoted $535/mo, 36 months, $0 down, 10K miles
    2) buy 2008 base mdx preowned, under 30K miles, for high $20Ks (say $28K)
    3) wait for 2012 base mdx

Questions:
    1) With left over 2011s, when it comes to leasing and the new 2012s, do lease rates for the 2011 get better, stay same, or get worse?

2) $20K to lease over 3 years vs $30K to buy preowned. Have something new without guessing reliability or preowned? I find dealerships are no entertaining low offers and may drop max $2K off price.

3) Will 2012s be priced more aggresively b/c body style changes in 2013?
    Hi jmgoldsmith. Acura's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2011 MDX with 12,000 miles per year are .00068 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • mrgiellamrgiella Member Posts: 52
    Which dealer was this? Thank you.
  • adco1adco1 Member Posts: 3
    Carman,
    Could you tell me the MF and residual for the Tech package for this month. Thank you in advance,
    Adam
  • edcard61edcard61 Member Posts: 5
    Hello Car_Man,

Can you please post the leasing rates for a 2011 Acura MDX w/Technology and Entertainment Packages?

Also, can you point me to a page explaining how to use the residual value and money factor when evaluating lease options? It's been a while..

Finally, does anybody have any information on availability of the 2012 MDX and the differences with the 2011 model?

Thanks!
  • mk2mk2 Member Posts: 27
    Car_man,

Could you post current money factor and residual for a 48 months lease on MDX w/Tech if such deal exists?

Thanks!
  • mk2mk2 Member Posts: 27
    I'm getting the following quote for 2011 MDX w/Tech in NJ

Selling price: $42,900 (including destination)

36 month lease w/10K:
    Monthy payment: $536 (NJ tax included)
    Due at signing: ~$1,900
    ($536 first month payment, $595 bank fee, $300 DMV, $7.50 tire fee, $171 luxury tax, $300 Doc fee)

The deal sounds good to me, but I wonder if $300 each for DMV & Doc fee are high... Comments?

Thx
  • vasanth999vasanth999 Member Posts: 2
    that sounds like a great deal. where did you get the deal from?
  • vasanth999vasanth999 Member Posts: 2
    Can some one post the best lease rates available for a 2011/2012 MDX with Tech please?
    I'd be happy to help you out, Adam. Acura's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2011 MDX Tech with 15,000 miles per year are .00068 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello edcard61. Acura's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2011 MDX Tech and Entertainment with 15,000 miles per year are .00068 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

For a refersher course on leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mk2. You definitely do not want to lease this truck for 48 months. Acura's lease support is only available on it for up to 36 months. If you go with 48, the money factor jumps from .00068 to .00185.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi vasanth999. Please see my previous posts for the information on the 2011 model.

I haven't seen the lease program for the 2012 version of this truck yet.

Car_man
    Host
  • ab10000ab10000 Member Posts: 127
    mk2 Can you tell us the MF, MSRP and Residual?
    jmgoldsmith
    You pose a very good question about byu vs lease, did you reach any conclusion?

Car Man can you give your valuable advise here to jmgoldsmith's question about lease vs buy please?
  • sandbox5sandbox5 Member Posts: 21
    I am considering leasing instead of buying and have read articles and the forums here on the subject. Never leased before so I am still wading thru as much information as I can find.

Why do the money factors and residual percentages change month to month( I'm assuming they changed monthly based on what I saw)? Is it just like any other "interest rate" on your home or equity line? Is there a better time to take advantage of these rates?
    i.e. end of model year, last day of the month, etc..

Do Dealers have any control over these rates or are they set by Acura Finance?

Also, the incentives and rebates that are mention above....are any of those better at one time during the year than another? e.g holidays or middle of winter to incentivize people to buy/lease?

TIA...I appreciate you helping a newbie. :confuse:
  • edcard61edcard61 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks Car_man! Much appreciated.
  • johninDCjohninDC Member Posts: 8
    edited October 2011
    Would appreciate feedback on the following lease quote:

Msrp 49309
    Sale price 45501
    Tax 2780.86
    Tag, title registration 331
    Money factor .68
    Residual .54
    Drive off cost 702.86 (same as monthly payment)
    36 mos and 12k / YR

Thanks
  • tornadogtornadog Member Posts: 102
    I have never leased a vehicle before so I had some questions. I bought a crv in 07, traded it in for a Pilot in 09, and now I was going to trade in the Pilot for a MDX but the monthly payment is just a bit of out my budget. Thats when the dealer suggested looking into leasing. I am currently paying about 470 on the pilot's loan(4 yrs remaining). Based on KBB I could make about 3-4k after tradein, which I plan to put as downpayment. Is that the way to go seeing my buying habit?
    Hi Car Man,

MDX salesman in northern California told about 1 payment lease option, which he say's is the best deal if you have the cash to pay for the full lease upfront. He said this the best way to save money on lease.
    Does this make sense? Do you save on interest on 1 payment lease on MDX?

thx
    IMHO you should have been leasing all along. I am very curious to see how much you've paid for your cars and what the dealers gave you at trade in.
    Is there a reason why you're trading your cars in so frequently?

Just based on your brief description I think you should definitely be leasing. I do advise against putting money down but I don't know if you can avoid it and still afford the car.
    The RV and MF change for a variety of reasons. Access to capital (for the lender), supply and demand, and introduction of new models can all impact the rates and values.

Each financing company sets their own rates. Most dealers use AHFC and they have no say in the rates; they can only negotiate the price of the car.

I don't know if there is a better time of year to lease in terms of rates and incentives. I would guess that if there is excess supply before the new models are introduced then dealers would get more support from AHFC to get them of the lots. My dealer called me last year in September and offered to buy me out of my 08 lease (I had 6 months left) and put me into a 2010. He told me that they were stocking up on CPO MDXs and also had to move the 2010s off the lot.
This discussion has been closed.