Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Lease Questions

Comments

• lccalvert_1999lccalvert_1999 Member Posts: 68
    Found the issue. The quoted price had the Acura Customer Loyalty incentive included. However, that was taken out during financing because I had a Honda trade vs. Acura trade. They charged me for the dent program and the credit never applied because it was a Honda vs. Acura. Went to the dealership this morning and all is fixed. They reduced the price by another $1,000 and let me keep the dent program. Also threw in an extra oil chainge.

Thanks Pohanka for your great customer service! This is why I buy from Pohanka. Great prices and very fair.
  • rhamilton72rhamilton72 Member Posts: 8
    Good....glad it worked out. The pmt didn't make sense otherwise. Agree, pohanka is great place to purchase. Just make sure they pay off your trade. The GM over there is close to getting an ugly call from me, as they're dragging on paying mine off and ignoring my calls about the issue. I traded in two cars after purchasing a used car and leased a new MDX from them, and they haven't sent the payoff yet after MANY days have passed after the deals had closed for either car, which has cost me money.
  • cwy1688cwy1688 Member Posts: 5
    Usually I'm not the type to post or anything like that, but I found that edmunds is helping me a lot with my lease search.

I got quoted at first dealer for 2012 MDX Base model for $2000 at signing $475 a month with all fees included. Thoought it was a pretty good deal and was about to sign but crunched the numbers they gave me on edmunds calculator and found some difference.

Contacted 2 other dealers and got back these quotes over the phone

$1689/ $437 a month

$2541/ 393 a month

Both deals I qualify for the $1000 conquest

Going to the second dealer today and see if the deal is real.

Both cars was quoted 2500-3000 under invoice.

I live in the NYC area
  • lccalvert_1999lccalvert_1999 Member Posts: 68
    Yep... I had that same problem with my trade last time around with them. They tried to get me to pay more because it took them a while to get it paid off. Told them no way, you put a two week lead time in your payoff quote, so get it done within two weeks.
  • chicobeanschicobeans Member Posts: 2
    Hi carman,
    Your service is phenomenal, and threads like this really level the playing field when buying a car. Does the following deal look like a competitive offer compared to the market (I'm in nj) for a base mdx
    Msrp - 43,895
    Money factor- .0009
    Residual - 57%
    36 months / 10k miles

I was offered a pmt of $400 month with $3000 due all-in at closing, which includes tax. Funny because they were very evasive regarding cap cost, which should indicate a problem - they wanted to just deal with "monthly pmt", another warning sign. But I played their game and hammered them down to the above deal, which appears excellent to me. Thoughts?
    Just worked out a deal at Rallye Acura in Long Island yesterday for base MDX 2012.

$2732 at signing with new plate if transfer plates its $191 less
    $393.44/ month all tax included.
  • chicobeanschicobeans Member Posts: 2
    Good one- I actually rounded my numbers, exact figures were $2700 at signing and $390 month pmt. looks like we got pretty similar deals though!
    Nice and congrats! Color? getting mine monday. If not for this deal i think i would of waited for new body style or got ML350.

Getting PMM/TAUPE
  • drakejdrakej Member Posts: 8
    Our dealer proposing we swap our 2011 mdx w/ tech (3 yr lease/12k) with 19000 miles currently (628/mo payment) for the same 2012 car but with 15k mileage allowance. Same monthly payment, no money down, and roof rails as only added option on both.

He claims this is a great deal particularly on trade in side. I'm not convinced but fairly naive here, all thoughts and opinions welcome.
    Thanks
    Ps. We are in bay area.
  • drakejdrakej Member Posts: 8
    Aptos-
    Can I ask, is the $590/mo with 0 down payment or other costs? We are looking at a similar scenario - we have 2011 MDX w Tech but 12K/yr and we pay 628 (does finance roof rails as well). Our dealer offering a straight trade to 2012 for same payment but bumping us from 12 to 15k a year mileage allowance. Would be good to compare and contrast versus your other? Are you in Aptos, CA?>

Thanks
  • rdxerrdxer Member Posts: 38
    Happy with the deal we got today on MDX base:

MSRP: $43,925
    Sell Price: $37,945 (after $1000 loyalty)
    36 mo/10K per year
    MF = .0009
    Residual = 57%
    Up front costs (sales tax, acq fee, dealer fees, first month, registration): $2,722
    Zero out of pocket (other than $2900 equity from trade in which covers up front costs)
    Monthly @ $397.35

If you don't mind that the 2013's are around the corner, there are amazing deals to be had on the 12's!!!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Thanks chicobeans. I'm glad that you like these forums so much.

The money factor that you were quoted is right in line with Acura's buy rate for the 2012 MDX. That's obviously a good thing.

The other important variable on this lease is the selling price that you are being charged for your truck. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number, it is much more difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given, and in turn if there is any room left for negotiation. Let us know what this MDX's selling price is and I'm sure that either myself or another helpful community member will gladly let you know what they think.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • billy3554billy3554 Member Posts: 148
    It is true Pohanka offers very good deals. However, Pohanka does not always offer the best price in the Maryland, Virginia area. Last year I priced an Acura at most of the area dealers. The lowest price, by a significant amount, I got was at Rosenthal Acura in Maryland. Pohanka stated they could not match the Rosenthal price. I bought from Rosenthal.

This year I bought a second Acura. I did not go back to Rosenthal because last year I requested they throw in a couple of oil changes which they refused. So this year I bought elsewhere. Had they given me a couple of oil changes I most likely would have bought the second Acura from Rosenthal. Little things do count for something. And really, what would a couple of oil changes actually cost Rosenthal?

While Pohanka again quoted a good price, this time it was Norris Acura which quoted the lowest price. Unlike Rosenthal, Norris did throw in a couple of extra items for free. That will certainly cause me to look toward Norris for a future purchase. Yes, little things do count.

It is always best to check everywhere for the best price, if price is important.
  • rhamilton72rhamilton72 Member Posts: 8
    Nobody could touch it including Rosenthal. Their Internet sales guy said Pohanka gave me a strong offer and they couldn't match. Radley didn't have the blue with the packages I wanted. Either way including everything in the deal, it was tough to match. Doesn't mean next time someone else won't have a better deal but I will give Pohanka the chance to match or beat it. The sales guy even came 40 miles out to sign the deal at our house because we couldn't make it to the dealership that day and so he could pick up the eval they let us drive around.

Not saying don't shop around but definitely give them a look.
  • billy3554billy3554 Member Posts: 148
    I agree 100 percent. I was very impressed with Pohanka and will again offer them a chance to sell me a vehicle. When I bought from Rosenthal, the fellow at Pohanka was very upfront and told me he could not meet the deal at that time. No games, I liked that and I will remember.

It is always interesting that each purchase seems to uncover a different dealer with the best overall deal. There are so many variables such as inventory, incentives.

IMHO, I believe Pohanka and Norris are likely the top dealers in the area in that they both seem to have very personable, attentive, and up-front internet sales people.

Good luck with your new Acura, great vehicles.
  • pete9976pete9976 Member Posts: 9
    What dealer did you get this deal at?
  • x5fan10x5fan10 Member Posts: 19
    Dear friends

first of all id like to say this forum is awesome!!!! i have learnt a lot in last 1 week from here.
    great job

I am planning to lease a new 2012 MDX with tch.
    getting a good price on it.

But want it for 2 years instead of 3.
    anyone know what the MF and residual be for july for 24months/ 20 or 24k?

thank you
    I'm glad that you've found this discussion so helpful x5fan10. Acura's June lease program is scheduled to run through the 9th, so its new July numbers won't be out until some time on the 10th.

Currently, Acura's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 MDX Tech with 12,000 miles per year are .00090 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • fugligirlfugligirl Member Posts: 1
    Hey that's awesome. Are you in the Southern California area? This is exactly what we want.
  • prefertoleaseprefertolease Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man / all

I would like to lease a MDX with Tech PKG. 12K miles /yr. Not eligible for loyalty or conquest, no trade in. State is Indiana.
    Can someone please suggest a dealership where 515 / month all inclusive with zero down is feasible. I am basing this on the numbers I have seen in this forum.

Any of the following metro areas will work as I am willing to drive to them to pick this up:
    Louisville, Indianapolis, Cincinnati, Columbus OH, Chicago, Detroit.

Thanks in advance!
  • mdxfan1978mdxfan1978 Member Posts: 2
    Hi there,

I've never leased a car before. Thinking about a MDX as my next car and would like to learn how leases work. I search but could not find a post that explains the lease terminology as well as things to compare.

Can someone please point me to one?

Thanks!
  • mdxfan1978mdxfan1978 Member Posts: 2
    Hi there,

I've never leased a car before. Thinking about a MDX as my next car and would like to learn how leases work. I search but could not find a post that explains the lease terminology as well as things to compare.

Can someone please point me to one?

Thanks!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,268

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• ballhoggballhogg Member Posts: 38
    You can look within Edmunds under Tips and Advice, lease guide dot com, or do a google search on car leasing.

What specifically are you looking for?
  • cndnbkncndnbkn Member Posts: 76
    Looking for the MF, residuals, and incentives for July. I know the last program ended on July 9th.

Interested in Base, Tech, and Advance for 36 months at 12,000 miles per year.

Hoping the dealer cash of $1,500 and/or the $1,000 conquest/loyalty money has stayed the same or increased.

Please let me know, Car_man, kyfdx, or anyone else.

Thank you in advance. Your info. And response is much appreciated.
    Welcome mdxfan1978. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi cndnbkn. Acura's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a base 2012 MDX with 12,000 miles per year are .00090 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an MDX Tech are .00090 and 53%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an MDX Advance are .00090 and 51%.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, shoot for a selling price that's close to dealer invoice minus the available $1,500 dealer cash and $1,000 conquest/loyalty cash.

Car_man
    Host
  • anvemianvemi Member Posts: 2
    Below is my example to give others idea what is out there. I didn't work very hard on this so I probably left some money on table. Advance package drops the residual over base or tech so it hurts a little bit. MF is what it is :). Price is under invoice before rebates. Overall it's more than 12% off MSRP.

MDX 12 Advance

MSRP - $53550 (including dest)
    MF - 0.0009
    Term - 36
    Res - 52% (because 10k miles +1% over 12k)
    Price (net cap cost) - $46887 (includes both dealer cash $1500 and $1000 conquest).

Lease $596/month + tax.

Inceptions - tags, dealer fee and 1st payment $1600.
  • ken117ken117 Member Posts: 249
    These figures look reasonable for a MDX Advance.

One question, why are so many people so willing to pay a "dealer fee" in whatever form it is presented? All dealer costs and profit, not those fees required by law, should be considered in the price of the vehicle not added after the price is established in the form of a dubious "dealer fee."

Dealers have been able to swindle much of the public with these fees, especially in states like Florida. Hard for me to imagine anyone actually paying a dealer $500 or more for a ficticous "dealer fee."

I suppose in the end, if a customer is savy, it washes out, just reduce the price by the "dealer fee." However, as in politics, not everyone is savy. Posts which imply the "dealer fee" is justified result, I suspect, in many paying too much. Not everyone understands the basics of cost accouting and too many people trust a car sales person.
  • wawzj619wawzj619 Member Posts: 55
    Hi Car_man,

Got an offer for the MDX base mode. Good deal? :confuse:

MSRP 43815
    Adj. CAP cost 38558
    Residual Value 24098.25
    Money Factor 0.0009
    term 36
    Monthly Payment 458 including all tax and fees.

They told me I can just pay the first month payment and drive it home.
    Forgot to mention: 12K miles per year.
  • indecisionindecision Member Posts: 22
    Hi,

I'm in the middle of a negotiation for a 2012 MDX base. I have the 1000 loyalty cash ( I am in a 2009) lease. The dealer said there is no dealer cash available. Is there one or the other or should I walk? Just trying to get the OTD # as low as possible.

Thanks.
  • ajs9ajs9 Member Posts: 9
    Hi there. Can you please tell me what dealer you got that quote from?! The quote I got is nowhere near that! I'm being quoted $517! I'd grab it for $458.
    I'm trying to get the best deal possible. I have a trade in lease that I was told has about $1500 in positive equity for me. I want the base MDX - would like a 36 month lease (would do 42 months) w/15K miles/yr. I've been to only one Acura dealer who told me I was upside down on my lease (since have discovered not true), and they offered me the following deal: 36 months, $1400 down, $517/month including tax. Based on what I'm reading here, that's way high compared to the deals I'm seeing on this forum. Any advice on how to approach the dealer to lower their offer? I will obviously go to another dealer for another quote, but would love to get a lease price closer to the $458 that one person here was able to snag. Thanks in advance!!
    Actually that dealership didn't honor the email offer :mad: ...The final number they gave me is $499 per mon and I passed it...
    So I guess the mythical $460/month payment doesn't really exist?
  • czar4czar4 Member Posts: 33
    ajs9,

Here's the deal I got in NY with trading a lease that I owed $$ on - I am going to use the same numbers to show you underneath what you would need to pay as a sales price for the same MDX base, assuming same MSRP minus trade inequity, to get your $460 oer month payment (w/o tax). All I'm doing here is using Excel's goal seek function in a lease calculator; someone can correct me if I am incorrect in my application here:

Here's my deal:

2012 Base MDX MSRP: $43,815
    Cash Sales Price: $39,949.69
    Acquisition fee: $595
    Cap Cost Reduction $2377
    Negative trade equity: -$2804
    Total Cap Cost: $40,544.69
    Total Cap Cost Reduction: -$427
    Adj. Cap Cost: $40,971.69

57% residual: $24,974.55
    MF: 0.00090

Customer Cash: $3261.15
    Minus Loyalty: $1000
    Driveoff: $2261.15
    Monthly Base (w/o tax): $503.72

Now, let's remove the trade inequity and DMV fees and run the numbers through the calculator:

MSRP (Window Sticker Price) $43,815.00
    Discount (through whatever means you can) 4,367.72
    Capitalized Cost $39,447.28
    Capitalized Cost Reduction 0.00
    Subtotal $39,447.28
    Acquisition Fee $595 (assumes you pay upfront)
    Security Deposit 0.00
    Total Payment Due at the signing (acq + first month's) $1015
    Residual Value Percentage 57.00%
    Residual Value 24,974.55
    Term Depreciation 14,472.73
    Interest Rate 2.16%
    Money Factor 0.00090
    Monthly Lease Rate $57.98
    Lease Term in Months 36
    Monthly Depreciation $402.02

Estimated Monthly Lease Payment $460.00

Total Payments $16,560.00

The trick is to negotaite a selling price of $39,447.28 or better - you can see I came close to that with the loyalty $$.

Good luck.
  • infoseeker8infoseeker8 Member Posts: 67
    FYI: I just leased a 2012 MDX Base for 36 months / 12k miles per year. Deal is as follows:

MSRP (incl destination): $43,925
    Purchase Price: $37,700 (including Acura loyalty of $1000)
    Bank Fee: $595
    Total Cap Cost: $38,295
    Residual: 55%
    Money Factor: .0009
    Up Front Cash: 1st month ($480) + Actual License Transfer Fee ($100)
    Monthly Lease Payment including tax: $480
    infoseeker8, would you mind telling us which dealer? That's the best deal I've heard about. Thanks!
  • john3927john3927 Member Posts: 2
    Hello All -

I'm looking for some help in understanding what people have been paying for an MDX with Advanced and Entertainment, lease (15K @ year).

Looking to potentially get out of my 2008 Volvo XC90 and considering the MDX.

I don't like that to get the Blind Spot option you need all of those other options, but I like the BLIS.

I'd also be interested to know about anyone's experience with the tires, part of my issue with the Volvo is new tires every 1.5 years (20K miles).

Thanks.
  • domv76domv76 Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2012
    I had a 2010 base model that I was paying $549/mo for (I had put $2,500 total payment down) The lease was for 10k a year, but they carried over 7k from my RDX lease. I left dealer tonight and ended up leasing 2012 base for $580/mo for 12k miles a year. My 2010 had about 25000 miles on it. I left thinking that this was a pretty good deal because they originally wanted me to put about 2k total down with a payment of $559/mo. I did not put anything down but the first months payment. Was this a bad deal or at least a decent one? The dealer is in NJ.

Thanks...
  • newmdxowner2newmdxowner2 Member Posts: 2
    Hey if this helps anyone I just leased a 2012 MDX tech package in Falls Church Virginia from Radley Acura.
    Just call the Sales Manager Steve. He will work directly with you. It was a no nonsense process. He told me they have a high objective and programs from Acura are so strong so he would make a deal. I got in a new MDX for under 38K. I don't have my paperwork with me to give the exact amount but I walked away with no money down for $470 per month.
  • mdxmiamdxmia Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2012
    Car Man

Wondering about this lease offer

2012 MDX with Tech package and running boards
    No money down; 12K miles
    35 payments at 665$ (including tax)

Thanks.
  • roma007roma007 Member Posts: 39
    edited August 2012
    Got a quote on Mdx with technology package from Plaza Acura
    in Brooklyn, NY.

MSRP 47600
    Cap cost 41010.01
    Residual 53% 25228
    Money Factor 0.0009
    Term 36months / 12k miles
    Payment: 498.00

Taxes and 595 bank fee paid upfront.

What do you think?
    Hi mdxmia. It would be easier for me to evaluate this deal if you were able to provide me with this vehicle's selling price. Do you have it?

Car_man
    Host
  • mdxmiamdxmia Member Posts: 2
    The MRSP is 47800$

Selling price is 44410$

Thanks for your input.
  • karhill1karhill1 Member Posts: 165
    After reading the post from newmdxowner2, I visited Radley to discuss a lease of a 2012 MDX with Tech. The offer I got was about $550 a month on a 36 mth, 12K, $0 down lease, excellent credit. At $470 a month, I probably would have leased but not at $550 which may have been a good payment several months ago but not so good in August at the end of the model year.

I visited Radley as they had sent an email listing a price of about $38,000 for the MDX with Tech. At that price, the lease payment should be in the mid $400s, not the mid $500s.
    Thanks for the additional information, mdxmia. The dealer invoice price of a 2012 Acura MDX with Tech is $44,121. If one subtracts the available $1,500 dealer cash from that the invoice price drops to $42,621. The selling price that you were quoted looks a little high to me. I personally would shoot for at least another $1,000 off.

Car_man
    Host
  • domv76domv76 Member Posts: 3
    I was so upset after reading deals that other people received I called the dealer back the following day and told them I was ripped off! They lowered my payments $20/month. Apparently, the 2010 they bought me out of had negative equity of $1,750.
  • ravi99ravi99 Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2012
    Got the below quote and am locking in for an 2012 MDX with tech/ent package for 36 month lease with remote start option. Hope I am making the right call!!

Any feedback?

Sale price $45,222
    Monthly payment with tax: $652 (without remote start is $630)
    Money down :0
    Money factor: 0.00090
    Miles per year: 10,000
    Residual: 53%
This discussion has been closed.