Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Lease Questions

Comments

• dgklidgkli Member Posts: 11
    Anyone know the new April money factors and residuals on MDX (36/12,000 Touring and Touring/Nav)?
    Thanks
  • geo392geo392 Member Posts: 1
    I just leased my MDX on April 1st.
    2006 MDX w/ NAV&ENT
    36 mos / 15K miles
    money factor was 0.00122
    MSRP $44,815
    Sell price $$39,885 (this before the final number)
    $3200 down (taxes 8.375%, DMV, 1st mo, aq fee, etc)
    cargo cover and side molding
    $520/mo
    I started with 12K miles for $510 (probably I would've got it for $505).

I tried to get the crome side steps for free before the trunk cover and side moldings, but they wouldn't do it. So I went and bought them for $450 + tax and intalled them myself.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi dgkli. Acura's lease program for the MDX is exactly the same in April as it was in March. Just in case you haven't seen its March program, if you were to lease a 2006 Acura MDX Touring through Honda Finance right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor should still be .00122 for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • kyzhkyzh Member Posts: 3
    Got my MDX with NAV & RES for $500/month (tax included), 36 month (no first month payment), 10K, $3000 due at signing at Open Road Acura of Wayne, NJ
  • gnbaygnbay Member Posts: 2
    got a price today for a 2006 MDX base MSRP $37,740

$460 a month tax included
    15k a yr.
    36 month
    $340 total out of pocket

Is this a good deal??
  • shavhshavh Member Posts: 12
    Acura MDX Touring Model - No Navigation or entertainment system and no extras:36 m

Salesman said lowest he could lease for was based on sales price of $37,211
    595 aquisition fee
    58% residual value
    36 mth
    12K per yr.
    $1500 for wear and tear at lease end

Comes to: 452 without taxes or 496 with taxes.
    No Negotiating what so ever and said he will not pay my last 2 lease payments.
    where is this dealership??? this is a lot better than my deal.
    i would take it.
  • gnbaygnbay Member Posts: 2
    Acura of Avon in Connecticut

Great experience! :)
  • whilawhila Member Posts: 5
    What's the residual on the 36 month/12,000 mile/.00122? Is the residual the same for 36 months/10,000 miles/.00122?

I just got one in Houston and mine was 59% for 36 months/12,000/.00122. The dealership had originally told me that my term was 36 months/10,000 miles/.00122, but then my contract said 12,000 (monthly payments were the same). I don't know if they messed up, but I didn't say anything since I was getting an additional 2,000 miles/year.
  • someguy1someguy1 Member Posts: 42
    Car_Man

What are the residuals and mf's on mdx's right now for 3 years/15K?

Thanks,
    KA
  • doc17doc17 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I am new to this forum and need some help in deciding.
    I was offered a lease for Acura MDX
    MRSP-37,740
    12K miles/ year
    Side Boards
    Zero down
    for $ 518 a month including tax, tags and title,
    first payment to be paid by the dealer in Maryland.
    I was wondering if this is a good deal.
    Thanks
  • whilawhila Member Posts: 5
    Carman,

What is the residual for the touring package with 10,000 miles/36 months/.00122 money factor? What's the residual for the same package with 12,000? Aren't the April deals the same as the March deals??

I have a signed contract with 36 months/12,000 miles/59% residual/.00122 from March 2006. The dealership called me and said they made a mistake, and the mileage should be 10,000. I am curious to know if the residual is different for the higher mileage, and, if I am legally obligated to sign a "corrected" contract that the dealership is asking me to sign at the dealership.

Any advice and information you may have would be very helpful! And if there are any attorneys out there that have read this, I am eager for feedback.
  • bponkeybponkey Member Posts: 2
    The lease on my TL is coming to an end and I'm think of leasing a base MDX w/ several options. I've calculated some numbers that I think are reasonable. Can someone with some expertise let me know if these number are a) feasible, and b) is it a good deal.

Cap Cost: 33,500
    Lease term: 36 months
    Cap Reduction: 0
    Money Factor: .00122 / Interest Rate: 2.9%
    Mileage: 12,000/yr
    Residual: 58% = 19,430
    Sales Tax: 0
    Monthly Payment: 455.51

Thanks in advance to anyone who has the knowledge to assist me.
  • hazmartyhazmarty Member Posts: 32
    I know this is a little "stale", but at end of February I was offered the following for Acura MDX Touring (no Nav or Entertain) for a 36 month, 12K/year lease with no downpayment, and sales tax all paid up front for in stock vehicles only:
    MSRP = $40,565
    Sell = $36,389
    Residual = 60%
    MF = 0.00140
    Monthly Payment = $422.98
    Due Up Front = $2,450 (sales tax = $1365.35, Acquisition Fee = $595, First Month = $422.98, DMV = $67.50) plus $60 for transfer plates or $160 for new plates

This was coming in as an Internet customer to Acura of Valley Stream....in Valley Stream NY on 2/28/06.

I ended up ordering a BMW instead...of course at a much higher cost.
    Hi whila. Acura's residual values for the MDX vary depending upon what trim level you get. Honda Finance's 36 month, 12,000 mile per year residual value for a base 2006 MDX is currently 59%. The 10,000 mile per year residual for this term is 60%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey someguy1. This model's exact residual values vary depending upon what trim level you get, but its money factors are the same for all versions. If you were to lease a base 2006 Acura MDX through Honda Finance right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00122 and 57%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi doc17. You never mentioned the selling price of the MDX that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the truck that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what its selling price is. One other thing, you never mentioned how long this lease is. I need to know the number of months this lease is for as well.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi whila. If you were to lease a 2006 Acura MDX Touring without the navigation or entertainment system options through Honda Finance right now for 36 months with 10,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00122 and 59%, respectively. As you mentioned, I believe that Acura's April lease program for this truck is exactly the same as its March lease program was. Acura's 10,000 mile per year residual values are 1% higher than its 12,000 miles per residuals, so leases with only 10K miles have lower monthly payments than those with 12K.

Car_man
    Host
  • theduke33theduke33 Member Posts: 2
    Happy Easter All,

Hey Car Man,

I recently received a quote on a new 06 MDX Touring, with no Nav and no RES. The payment was 489/mo for 36 mos with 15k miles a year and 1000 TOP for 1st pymt and security deposit.
    The MSRP was 40565 and they said they were selling me the truck for 36617. I am wondering if this is a good deal for this truck based on price and April rates. Thank you for any insight. This deal was based in the state of NJ. Thanks again.
  • theduke33theduke33 Member Posts: 2
    Sorry for the double post. I was wondering in reference to my last question is the 39 and 42 month lease residuals not attractive enough to be worth it? Thank you again.
    There seems to be conflicting information. What is the current residual on a Touring (no nav, no RES), 36 months, 12,000 miles/year? Is it .59 or .58?
    Thanks.
  • ehsehs Member Posts: 1
    Carman,

I am considering a 36 month (12,000 mile)lease for an MDX touring with Navigation. I was quoted $38,700 for the vehicle and the dealer is asking $1600.00 down plus tax and first months payment which amounts to about $2400.00 total. The monthly payments are $476. Does this seem about right to you? I have tried to calculate the numbers based on the March residuals and MF numbers listed in other posts but my numbers don't add up.

Thanks,
    EHS
  • wooglenwooglen Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking at an MDX lease special that they've been pushing for $399 per month exclusive of taxes, w/ the $1999 down which includes the first month's payment. What MSRP should I be pushing for as a good/great deal with the $399 price on premium or $449 on touring or $499 w/ touring and dvd/nav? I'm in Missouri.
  • bern3bern3 Member Posts: 4
    Car_man:

Can you tell me the April money factor and residual (through AHFC) for an Acura MDX with Navi and Entertainment System? It will be a 36 month lease, 12,000 miles per year, no money down.

Thanks!
    I received an e-mail from a dealer stating that the following:

Payment Details
    Term: 36
    Base Payment: 495.42
    Total Payment: 495.42
    Residual: 23,527.70
    MSRP: 40,565
    This includes taxes. The interest rate was 2.9% with residual at 57%.
    I don't understand how the salesman can tell me that he is basing the lease payment on an invoice price $36,617+500.
    When the residual is 23,527.
    It seems to me that he used the MSRP to figure out the lease payments. Can someone help me make heads or tails of this?? Thank you.
  • yato1yato1 Member Posts: 5
    Hello Car_Man,

Pls advice. I'm also in AZ. I'm looking to lease the MDX w/Navi. So far the best deal I have gotten is $38,500 w/navi, Whl locks and tint. This is for a lease with 12K miles, 36mths. Is this a good deal? Also I'm being told the residual value is at 57%. Is that right?

Thanks.
    Car_man:

Can you tell me the April money factor and residual (through AHFC) for an Acura MDX Touring with Navi? It will be a 36 month lease, 12,000 miles per year, no money down.

Thanks!
  • eegradeegrad Member Posts: 7
    I'm looking to trade-in my '04 TSX w/ 17K miles (owned) and lease an '06 MDX Base. My question is: Should I jump on it now or wait a couple of months for the best deal?

Common sense tells me that as the new RDXs start showing-up at the dealership and more information is released on the new MDX, the dealerships will be more motivated to provide me with a better price on the car.

For those of you who have been tracking Acura for some time: Do you think Honda will maintain the current money factor and residual deals over the next few months? I know there is currently a $1000 dealer incentive on the MDX which can not be combined with the money factor offer, right? Do you think Acura will have more favorable incentives over the next few months?
  • alandmarcalandmarc Member Posts: 4
    I'm interested in a lease on the MDX Touring with Rear Seat Entertainment package as the only option. 15K/36 mos. Can anyone tell me the best deal they've gotten. I live in the NY area and have been going back and forth with local dealers. They are willing to go about $300 below invoice with tax upfront. This comes to a monthly payment around $485. I have read a lot of posts that quote dealer prices of at least $1000 below invoice and want to see if that's available from any dealerships near me. Please let me know as I'm just about ready to lease and don't want to do much haggling...
    I live on LI. Just leased a Touring at about $400 below invoice (12,000 miles) = $426.00 / month plus tax, tag, and bank fee (actually, rolled it all into payment =$487.00) It was real struggle to get there. Seeing the postings on this forum, I thought we could do better. Only two dealers I contacted in Suffok, Nassau, Queens, Brooklyn or Westchester would agree to this price. My two preferred dealers absolutely refused to meet this price, preferring to lose the deal. They were actually more willing to deal in March, for some reason.
  • alandmarcalandmarc Member Posts: 4
    Let me know which dealers gave you the lowest prices in the metro NY area...It will cut down on my leg work and I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.
    alandmarc:

Acura of Valley Stream and Acura of Westchester. However,
    this seems to vary from month to month. Last month, it was Island Acura in Wantagh. Also, I wanted Pearl White, which seemed to complicate things a bit. Paragon Acura said they would deal, but I didn't feel comfortable with the salesman's technique. (As far as that goes, I am very unimpressed with Acura dealers. I did find two that I was completely comfortable with, but neither of those would meet my price. They were both completely straightforward, though, so I can't fault them.)

Regardless, I could not find the kind of pricing some other people say they have been getting. I figure if dealers are perfectly willing to walk away from a deal, I must be close to their rock bottom price, but who knows? Maybe if I had waited 'til the 30th?
  • carzycarzy Member Posts: 3
    We signed a 3-year 15,000 miles/year lease for an Acura MDX premium (base model) with a roof rack, mud flaps and pinstripe this weekend to take advantage of the April lease special. The information from this forum was very helpful; so, we are posting our information to help others:

purchase price $34,393
    + destination fee $595
    total cap cost $34,988

$469.87/month ($443.27 + $26.60 tax)
    $872.87 at signing (1st month + $349 dealer admin fee + $54 registration)

15,000 miles per year and 20¢ per mile over (the dealer would not agree to 15¢)

57% residual = $21,511.80

We ended our previous MDX lease early. We are way over miles. We will have to pay Acura for the last payment and the excess mileage (at 15¢/mile per previous lease). We were not able to negotiate our way out of these contractual obligations.

Some dealers quoted us a $33,075 purchase price, but we were unable to get any of them to give us that price on a lease. They contend that that price includes $1000 cash back to the dealer on purchases only and that Acura would not make this payment on leases because of the 2.99 promotional lease rate – you can’t get both.

Does anybody know how we can negotiate out of the excess miles we will have at the end of this 3-year lease? Thanks for all the help and good luck in your dealings.
    Hello dgkli. If you were to lease a 2006 Acura MDX Touring without navigation or the RES through Honda Finance right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00122 and 56%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi theduke33. The dealer invoice price of a 2006 Acura MDX Touring without navigation or the RES is $36,617. This is the exact price that you were quoted for the truck that you are considering leasing and it is very attractive. The lease payment that you were quoted for this truck looks about right to me. If you like the MDX, I don't see any reason not to pull the trigger on this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Double posts are not a problem at all, theduke33. The more the merrier. Acura's special lease program for the MDX is only available for up to 36 months. As a result, this truck's he 39 and 42 month money factors are more than double its 36 month factor. You definitely want to go with the 36 month term.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ehs. I would be happy to work up a sample lease payment for the truck that you are considering so that we can compare the number that I come up with to the one that you were quoted. However, in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its full MSRP (including the destination charge). Let me know and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi bern3. If you were to lease a 2006 Acura MDX Touring with Navigation and the entertainment system through Honda Finance right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00122 and 53%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey wooglen. The MSRP of the MDX that Acura has been advertising the $399 a month lease on is $37,740. I believe that the payment being touted in this ad is based upon a selling price of around $35,500. This is a decent deal, but I would not be surprised if you were able to beat it. For additional feedback on how much you should pay for this truck right now, make sure to stop by the following discussion: "Acura MDX: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Hi yato1. The dealer invoice price of a 2006 Acura MDX Touring with navigation but without the entertainment system is $39,092. The price that you were quoted is below invoice, which is an outstanding deal. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month, 12,000 mile per year lease of this truck are .00122 and 55%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi shavh. Vehicles' residual values are always based upon a percentage of their full MSRPs, including destination charges. The selling price is used to calculate the interest portion of lease payments. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Acura MDX Touring without the navigation or entertainment system options with an MSRP of $40,565 and a selling price of $37,117 , your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $473. If you opt to have your vehicle's security deposit waived, the aforementioned payment would increase to around $479. These payments are a little lower than the one that you were quoted, but they do not include tax. You may want to ask the dealer that you are working with what this truck's payment is before tax so that you can compare apples to apples.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings bern3. According to the latest information that I have seen, if you were to lease a 2006 Acuras MDX Touring with navigation through Honda Finance right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be bern3 and 55%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi eegrad. Acura's lease program for the MDX is already pretty attractive. It is difficult to say whether it will get any better over the next several months. If I had to make an educated guess, I'd say that Acura is going to provide enough lease support on the MDX to maintain the $399 lease payment that it is currently advertising on it, but not much more than that. Furthermore, many consumers are already reporting being able to get this truck for fairly close to dealer invoice. If I was in the market an MDX right now, I personally would not wait to see if the deals get any better. Of course, it is impossible to predict exactly what manufacturers will do with their future incentives though.

Car_man
    Host
    Unless I am mistaken, the residuals dropped Feb-March and then again April-May. The money factor stayed constant April-May, which means the lease program in May is not as good as the one in April. Is that correct?
  • sl1288sl1288 Member Posts: 57
    Hi Car Man. I am going to buy/lease a 2006 MDX Touring with Nav this month. I'm not sure which way I should lease it since I know I will drive over 15,000 miles a year. Should I opt for an 18,000 - 20,000 mile 36 month lease, or should I get the 15,000 mile lease for 36 months and pay for the extra miles?
  • yato1yato1 Member Posts: 5
    Hello Car_Man,

Just leased the MDX w/Nav. Base price was $39.5K After adding other options total was $41950. 12k miles/yr, residual is 57% MSRP was $43500. MF is 0.00122. Dealer calculated payment to be $593/mth. plus taxes which puts payment at $641/mth. Does this sound about right? Pls advice. Just leased the vehichle 2wks ago.

Thanks.
  • brsheabrshea Member Posts: 2
    Looking to lease an 06 MDX Touring with Nav and RES. Plan to lease for 36 months / 15K miles. Will consider 39 months as well.
    Any thoughts on what I should expect to pay, not including
    taxes? Also, I may drive more than 15K per year - should I pay up front for extra miles or lease for just 15K miles?
    I live in Baton Rouge.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Hi, Car Man.

I live in New Jersey and have been offered the following deal on a lease of a 2006 MDX with Navigation by a New Jersey dealer:

36 months, 12,000 per year.
    Monthly payment: $520.98 (which includes the 6% NJ sales tax).
    Total due at lease signing: $1,548.03, which is composed of acquisition fee (incl. sales tax) of $630.70, first month's payment of $520.98, tags and registration of $253, tire fee of $7.50, and "doc. fee" of $135.85.

Good deal?

Thanks!

bern3.
  • janssen1janssen1 Member Posts: 1
    Here is what I have been quoted so far. LEASE 36 mo. 15,000 miles Premium Base
    MSRP 37,765 includes $615 destination

Selling Price 36,912 includes addons
    - 800 DVD rear ent. installed
    - 260 roof rack
    - 355 spoiler
    - 825 tow
    - 125 move old siderails over
    base price 34,522
    lease rate 2.9% .00122 residual 55% residual
    value 20,922
    $748. due at signing includes 1st months rent, $159.00 for who knows and $70 tag remaining 35 months rent is 579.82 This car already has on it body trim and a door shield, which I am told I am not being charged for. He mentioned that their was a 300 charged added back in to cover something. Anyway, the base cost of 34655 is not at or even below invoice. The monthly payments still seem high for this to be the base model. I want, of course, to be as low on my monthy payment with as little as possible at closing. I have to have the tow pkg. and thought going with the base model would help keep my cost down. Is this a fair price or any suggestions. I am in the Kansas City area. My current lease is up the end of this month. I am over in miles and have a termination fee (all totaling $1195 and growing with eash miles)It is also a premium MDX. Help I need to do something soon!
  • slurisluri Member Posts: 37
    THAT IS WAY TOO HIGH!!!!

man that is crazy... i could have leased one touring w/nav cheaper than that 2 months ago (i understand terms have changed but you are being charged at least 100/month more than that. you should be below 500 for those terms (may be just a few bucks over for the addons) are you paying out of pocket for the add-ons or are they getting residualed with the rest of the car? that makes a big diff. if you are paying out of pocket for them then you should be able to take all those when you turn the car in. (i don't know what you'll do with them but)
    sluri
This discussion has been closed.