Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Lease Questions

Comments

• cable23cable23 Member Posts: 48
    Thanks!
  • masterjinmasterjin Member Posts: 5
    you wanted invoice price..

AWD Tech - $44,929
    Regional AD fee - $300
    Destination fee - $895

Total $46,124
  • andremikeandremike Member Posts: 67
    I'm still learning, but from what I can figure out about their lease special is its based on a sale price of MSRP and at 3.6%. to roughly comeout with $459.00 per month. I'm thinking if you can get this car for $2000.00 under msrp and put down about $2500.00 you should be at $400.00 a month. (thisincludes the acquisition fee.)

but lets see if carman chimes in
  • lmt19067lmt19067 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks, still learning too! The $459 offer says MSRP $43,185 with net capitalized cost of $41,406 that includes $595 acquisition fee, so I think that's $1,184 off MSRP. I'm actually worried that dealers aren't selling/leasing below MSRP now despite the Acura offer since the 2014 model is new.
  • ucd1ucd1 Member Posts: 1
    @sridhars. Which dealer in NJ you got yoru car.
  • walkernjwalkernj Member Posts: 1
    This is one case where the Costco Auto Buying program seems to come in handy. Went to the dealer a couple weeks ago, and the Costco discount was $1,000 off MSRP (this was valid for every model). We're specifically looking at the SH-AWD w/Tech, so it would be $48,460 including destination.

I would typically try to get more off the price, but even if you go to another dealer, they'll probably do something like $1500 off, but tack on BS fees. I'll probably swallow my pride and take the $1000 and call it a day.

As for lease rates, 36 months had a 65% residual and 48 months was 55%. It doesn't get much better than that!
  • sridharssridhars Member Posts: 25
    Princeton
  • sridharssridhars Member Posts: 25
    Princeton/Precision
  • therealstigtherealstig Member Posts: 2
    If I remember how cap costs work, you need to deduct your down payment. You can probably back into the selling price by taking the cap cost, add the down payment and deduct the acq fee. I remember doing the math a few weeks ago and the lease special does not involve any price reduction other than maybe a few bucks.
  • fab1779fab1779 Member Posts: 4
    I was at Herb Connolly Acura in Framingham, MA last night. Have purchased several Acura's from them over the years and they have generally been very good to us. Managed to get the SH-AWD w/ Tech Package for $47,000 including acquisition fee. Lease worked out to $3000 down and $489/mo before MASS 6.25% sales tax out the door. Nice upgrade for basically the same money on the advertised special on the base model. They didn't have the color in stock that we wanted so that helped a little with the haggling.
  • markonline007markonline007 Member Posts: 47
    Thank you very much for posting this type of detail, it's very helpful for others negotiating deals and congratulations on your new MDX.

Could you clarify one thing? The $3000 down was all cap cost reduction or $3000 out of pocket meaning some of that $3000 went to lease fee, document fees, first months payment and the remainder was cap cost reduction?

Thank you again.
    I have to sign the final paperwork tomorrow morning and go over the docs, but the $3000 down definitely took care of the lease fee and doc fees and the balance was cap cost reduction. I'm not sure if the 1st month payment was in that, i will have to check it out tomorrow.
    I should also mention that we don't put many miles on a car, so this is the 10k mile/yr lease; same as the factory offer on the base model.
  • ucducd Member Posts: 10
    How many miles/year and what is the lease term?
    10k mi/year and 36 mos.
  • bucrx7bucrx7 Member Posts: 7
    That's a great price, did you deal with Brian? I'm planning on picking up a 2014 soon myself, which color combo did you end up gettting?
  • mu8318mu8318 Member Posts: 20
    This is the deal I got today for 14 AWD tech mdx lease:

15k miles per year
    45824 price (invoice price. This is the price I got the deal for)
    5500 equity for trade in (I put this in as a down payment which covered the fees and remaining as cap reduction or down payment whatever you call it as)
    At Preferred credit tier (I was not qualified for premium tier, which would have saved 28 per month) my final payment was at 498 per month including everything.
    Please comment on my deal.
    How many miles/year did you lease it.
    15k per year. I am in nj.
    Which dealer in NJ
    Precision acura, Princeton
  • zmm12345zmm12345 Member Posts: 13
    Hi Car Man,

Do you have Sept numbers for the MDX?
    Ouch, I am being told by a dealership that the residuals dropped 2 points and the money factor went up so it actually became more expensive instead of cheaper.

Does anyone have confirmation on this?
    Why is it so difficult to get lease rates from the dealer. I emailed four separate dealerships in NJ today and none of them emailed the rates back to me. They all wanted me to call them to clarify some things and one dealer went so far as to say they didn't know them and I could only obtain them from the sales manager by making and appointment with him and coming in.

What gives?
    This is the deal I got exactly a week ago for 14 AWD tech mdx lease:

15k miles per year
    45824 price (invoice price. This is the price I got the deal for)
    5500 equity for trade in (I put this in as a down payment which covered the fees and remaining as cap reduction or down payment whatever you call it as)
    At Preferred credit tier (I was not qualified for premium tier, which would have saved 28 per month) my final payment was at 498 per month including everything.

I don't know if anything changed in September as I got on 31st aug.. Precision acura is pretty good.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,090
    I'm sorry... we don't have the September numbers for the MDX..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• cable23cable23 Member Posts: 48
    sept lease rates did change as I'm going through a frustrating experience right now.

long story short, local dealer and myself agreed to a price on 8/31. signed the buyer agreement for the cost of the car and put down a deposit. they haven't been able to find a vehicle for me. due to the delay of finding a car, the lease program changed and now the rates went up. rather than honoring the price that we agreed up, they are asking me to pay more per month. lease agreement wasn't signed since they haven't found the car yet. i wasn't super picky either.

not sure if this sounds right, but that's what i'm going through right now.
    eventhough i have had 2 TL leases and 3 MDX leases.
    Looks like the residual dropped big time! It was 66% in august for a 12k lease and now it's 49% for a Awd tech.
    I wonder if they are trying to discourage people from getting the MDX this month either so that they can catch up with production or use it next month to help boost their 4th quarter earnings.
    That's an incredible drop. Has anyone been able to get the residual and money factor so we can see how they are working together?

It's odd that I cannot find these numbers anywhere online for September...several sites have them for August and prior, but nothing for September.
    I dont know if this is accurate but this side claims to have the September numbers
    http://www.ridewithg.com/index.php/2013/09/2013-14-acura-lease-rates-september-2- 013/
    It would seem to be accurate based on what others have said. Wow, not only did the residual drop dramatically but the money factor went up.

With no money down, I'm calculating a $829 monthly lease payment on a AWD with Tech in NJ with these rates...up from around $600 last month.

It seems Acura is discouraging leases at least for this month; but why?
  • therealstigtherealstig Member Posts: 2
    I am hoping that the "G" was given some incorrect information. When looking at the Acura website for leasing specials on the MDX, it gives a buyout number at the end if the lease which is exactly 65% of MSRP. This is for a 10,000 mile/ year lease so a 15,000 mile per year lease would be 62%. This is a drop from last month but not as bad not the plunge reported by the G.
    There may be something to what you say...I finally heard back from a dealership who said 2014 MDX AWD with Tech Package and 15,000 miles per year is a residual of 61%. On the down side, they are quoting the money factor as .00170, so slightly higher than what "G" says, but this could be the dealer artificially inflating or using less than super preferred credit I guess.

So still much more expensive to lease this month versus last and I'm at a loss as to why. Conventional wisdom would say prices would decrease over time as demand drops but who knows.
  • beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    edited September 2013
    The residual did not change THAT much.

Currently an AWD Tech MDX is at the following for September 4th through November 4th.

AWD Tech
    15k = 61%
    12k = 63%
    10k = 64%

And the money factor changed by .0001 higher to .00170.

So for the national program special examples, more money down is required to get the same payment as last month.

REMEMBER: Acura dealers do not and cannot change the money factors. That may happen with other brands, along with bizarre "pay multiple security deposits up front to lower cost" of other brands. That's an antique and useless process. With Acura, the rates are the rates and the residuals are the residuals. The only time the rates change are if you have poor credit history, then it's simply a pre-set tier higher.
    Feel so much better, thaks for the clarification!
    I was under the impression that last month's money factor was .00150, making this months money factor a two point increase. Is that not right?
  • acurabmwacurabmw Member Posts: 11
    I got .00150 MF (Super Preferred Credit Tier) last month. The dealer wouldn't give me that rate at first because they (salesperson, sales manager, finance person) said only previous Acura Financial Services customers can get that rate and I could only get .00160 MF. I called Acura Financial Services the next day and they said that was not true and as long as my credit was good I could their best rate. They also asked me the name of the dealer that gave me the bogus info. I confronted the dealer with what I found out and the finance manager coughed up that I could get the Super Preferred Credit Tier with a security deposit. I was happy to put down a security deposit equal to one months payment to save $320 over the life of the lease. The way I looked at it, I was putting $550 (security deposit amount) in a 3 year CD that paid 58% interest.
  • jdub330jdub330 Member Posts: 3
    2014 Acura MDX FWD w/ TECH (MSRP: 47,460)

36 Month / 10k per year
    0$ Down and $1,108 drive off.
    $547.82+tax

Is this a good deal?
  • rdelehantyrdelehanty Member Posts: 5
    did you have to pay $595 bank acquisition fee...or is this a BS fee.
  • acurabmwacurabmw Member Posts: 11
    $595 bank acquistion fee is charged by Acura Financial Service if you are leasing and is legit. Not sure if this can be waived for returning Acura lease customers.
    No waivers of the acquisition fee...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• mikeayalamikeayala Member Posts: 2
    What is the money factor and final negotiated price that got you 548/month
    Hello Car Man (or others with knowledge),

Do you know what date Acura changes over to the October residuals and money factors (I find it isn't always on the calendar month) and do you have those updated rates available on a 2014 Acura MDX SH-AWD with Technology Package on a 36 month 15K per year lease?

Thank you.
    It's usually on Tuesday, unless it's a holiday weekend... and, this month that holds true.... new numbers, starting tomorrow.. but, it will be a few days before we have them...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thank you very much. I heard from a dealer I've been emailing back and forth with today that the rates stayed the same for October. Don't know if that's true because it's amazing the different answers you get from dealers when asking the simple question about residuals and money factors.

Let me know what you find out.

Thank you again.
  • mikeayalamikeayala Member Posts: 2
    All My Local Southern California Dealer is offering following deal based on Costco pricing
    Price - 46325
    MF - .0017
    12,000 Miles
    FWD , Tech
    595 acquisition fee
    Lease 605+ taxes...

Is this reasonable price?
  • admancoadmanco Member Posts: 2
    look above. seems that 550 is a better per month on this model/year.
    Carman (or anyone else),

Did you get October rates yet?
  • suv800suv800 Member Posts: 41
    That sounds way too much, I am paying lot less than that, even with I have 15k a year.
    Try this guy.
    http://www.legendleasing.com/2014_Acura_MDX
This discussion has been closed.