Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura RL Lease Questions

Comments

• leo11leo11 Member Posts: 9
    I am getting a deal on an Acura RL (non tech) for 1500 down (including first months payment) and 599 per month for 36 months (10000 miles/year). How does this deal sound?
  • kssod1kssod1 Member Posts: 50
    leo11
    go to the acura.com website, look up specials. your price is the advertised lease special.

FEATURED SPECIAL LEASE: Closed-end lease for 2006 RL V6 5-Speed Automatic Transmission with Navigation System (Model KB1656KW) for $599.00 per month for 36 months with a $205.00 capitalized cost reduction. $1,399.00 total due at lease signing (includes first month's payment, AHFC upfront acquisition fee and capitalized cost reduction. Security deposit waived; total net capitalized cost and base monthly payment does not include tax, license, title, registration, documentation fees, options, insurance and the like). Not all buyers may qualify.

Subject to limited
  • roberts10roberts10 Member Posts: 14
    Tell them you want the sales tax included in the $599.00 per month. I got mine negogiated in, because they want to move these cars. Lots of competition in this car sector, M35, Audi A 6, Lexus ES350. Its crowded! PLus don;t forget they get the $2000.00 back from Acura..so they have room to play.
    Hi guys, had a couple of question and any help or advice would be appreciated. Can you pay a lease quicker, i.e pay what you owe in 36 months over 24 months instead. Secondly is it possible to buy a car midway into lease and finally how smart is it buy a car at the end of the lease? Do you end up spending a lot more money this way. Thanks.
    I would not purchase a car at the end of the lease. Compare your lease payments total plus the end of lease buyout either cash or financed with interest to the original purchase price financed over the same period and i think you would be better off purchasing and financing upfront. The object of a lease is to negotiate the lowest cap cost with the highest residual value ( low depreciation) thus often the buyout at the end of the lease is artificially high compared to the fair market value of the same car on the used car lot. Turn the car in let the manufacturer take the depreciatiion hit and come back the next day and buy the car at a lower price. It almost always makes more sence to finance upfront
  • heatwave1heatwave1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi All: Thanks to everyone for providing information that has been extremely helpful. In view of what I have been reading, and the good experience I had with a 2002 RL, I am strongly favoring another lease of the 2006 RL. The only other vehicle of interest would be the Lexus ES350. I know it's not available yet, but I somehow feel there are good reasons why the RL is more expensive like better quality, more accessories? Any helful thoughts I should consider? Also, does anyone have any info on the next RL leasing program since the present one will expire soon. Thanks
  • mhg1mhg1 Member Posts: 3
    Hi All -

When I went to complete the lease on an RL with Tech, I was told that there is not only no lease special, but no lease AT ALL on the RL Tech. I was told the car is too new to have a calculated residual. Didn't matter, I bought it. At 2.9% for 36 months, I'm making more on regular CD's so it was well worth it.

We've had the car for 4 days, and it's hopefully a keeper. I don't want to reap the praises on too heavily. I have to get used to the slack in quick acceleration, but at 4-5K RPM, it glides blissfully. Oh, did I mention the tech package? Sweet.
  • m44148m44148 Member Posts: 2
    Got a offer at Champion Acura Gulf Freeway in Houston to lease an RL... the acura lease special. Really nice saleswoman but the manager was a jerk. Made me wait for over 3 hours and finally comes out and says that the deal is a no go due to a miscalculations in the offer and needed me to put 5000 as down payment. Very impolite , no apologies nothing, a complete waste of my time. Wanted to make sure that future prospective buyers are aware of the ploy. Just venting my frustrations I guess. :mad:
  • bpsqdl1111bpsqdl1111 Member Posts: 1
    Getting ready to embark into the world of leasing and did quite a bit of homework before. Called 7 dealerships and told them not to shoot bs at me and give me what they had. Have a dealership right now that is very good imo.

Havent gotten into all the difinitive details, but just base line price...$475/Month for 39 months, $3200 down, no trade-in. Seems to be the best deal by about $42/Month.
    Two dealerships can make me the $517/Month for 39 months with $3700 down. Both final pricing is with tax included.

I dont know about you all, but it seems that I had to go out of town to see a better deal. I guess where I got the best quote from, was the place where the RL isnt selling that good, and the dealership is having trouble moving them. I know that in my city now, they cant keep them on the lot, and the best deal I have in town is right at $550 a month for 39 months.

Some of you who have been around a while longer in the car game than me, let me know what this looks like to you.

Thanks!
    Cant seem to get that done ie get the tax factored in. The best I have is 2400 done ( incl TTL) and then 599 month for 36 month, total payment over 36 months of 24 :Is it worth it? :confuse:
  • acctprofacctprof Member Posts: 41
    FEATURED SPECIAL LEASE: Closed-end lease for 2006 RL V6 5-Speed Automatic Transmission with Navigation System (Model KB1656KW) for $599.00 per month for 36 months with a $205.00 capitalized cost reduction. $1,399.00 total due at lease signing (includes first month's payment, AHFC upfront acquisition fee and capitalized cost reduction. Security deposit waived; total net capitalized cost and base monthly payment does not include tax, license, title, registration, documentation fees, options, insurance and the like). Not all buyers may qualify.

I can't find this lease special on the Acura website. I can only find 2.9% financing, nothing about a lease.

Len
    Featured lease special ended 04/03/06. replaced with finance special
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    I'd be happy to help you out, mhg1. I have to ask though, why is this car's capitalized cost higher than its MSRP? Dealers are providing pretty good discounts on the RL right now PLUS Acura is providing a $2,000 cash incentive on leases of it through Honda Finance. You should be able to lease this car for way less than MSRP. Did you flip the numbers perhaps?

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
    Acura has extended its special lease on the RL through May 1st. It just took it a day or two to update the specials section of its site. Consumers can now choose between the special money factor and $2,000 lease cash or the special APR for conventional loans.

Car_man
    Host
    Acura has extended its special lease on the RL through May 1st. It just took it a day or two to update the specials section of its site. Consumers can now choose between the special money factor and $2,000 lease cash or the special APR for conventional loans.

Car_man,

I am emailing two dealers about this lease. We agreed to up the miles to 12K from 10K for about $510 more (8.5 cents) plus net cap. cost of $43,714, which gave me a payment of $614.

I want to deal for a backup camera next to finalize the deal. I see the list is about $500 plus installation. What should I ask for, $300?

Len
  • mhg1mhg1 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks Car_man. The Cap Cost is higher than MSRP since it includes after-sale accessories and tax/tags/title. Never mind though. See my later post. I was told lease not available on the Tech. pkg. since residual is presently unknown. I took advantage of special financing at 2.9% for 36 months. Sale price was 54,800 - includes tax (5%), tags/title, every accessory including Tech package, A-Spec package (body spoilers), backup cam., and deck lid spoiler, not including wood steering wheel and shift, and 19 inch tires (not available as run flat so didn't integrate with technology package). A-spec look is interesting, in my opinion, not too gaudy but sleek in an understated manner.

Thanks to you and everyone for your help. This forum gave me the info I needed to drive home a bargain.
  • nixyz123nixyz123 Member Posts: 7
    Hi

I would appreciate if you Could tell me the dealership details. also how many miles a year did you get with the deal
    Hey Len. Acura really doesn't offer options on its vehicles. If you want an option that is not included in the base RL, you may have to get the technology package to get it. You may be able to find out more information on the option that you are interested in by visiting one of the following discussions: "Acura RL: Prices Paid & Buying Experience" or "Acura RL".

Car_man
    Host
    Congratulations on your new car, mhg1. Thanks for taking the time to check back and let us all know how everything turned out. 2.9% financing is a great rate, if one can afford the high payment that a 36 month term would result in. Enjoy your new car!

Car_man
    Host
    Car_man, on the Acura website the review camera is a dealer option along with door visors, wheel locks, and other exterior accessories.

I put down a deposit last week for a new RL and added the review camera for $450. Even the service manager didn't know the price. I had to refer him to the website.

I got --
    $600 per month plus tax / 36 months,
    36K miles,
    $1500 at closing including first payment and document fees,
    add review camera for $450.

I was pleased.

Len
  • falconhifalconhi Member Posts: 2
    When I told my sales person here in Hawaii about some of the Lease offers some of you were getting he told me it was because the RL in Hawaii is a different car and that these lease offers just aren't possible in Hawaii. I also referred him to the special on the Acura website ($1300 down, $599 / month, 36 months) and he said that deal is not available in Hawaii and Alaska. He said the best deal he could give me was for something like $3,999 down, $612 plus taxes for 36 months. Is this true? I have a 2003 TL that's lease is up in July and he said this includes paying off the last 2 months of my current lease of $479 a month.
  • falconhifalconhi Member Posts: 2
    In addition to my question above: My salesperson told me that the MSRP he was going by was 49,180 with a sales price of 44,372. Exact offer he gave me was for 3,000 down, $624 / mo. including tax, 10,000 miles / yr. thanks in advance for any help.
    The best one I could get was 3500 down and 610 a month incl TT&L. I know that if I had played harder I could have dropped it to 600/month. I only wish that I leased last month when they had tax credits on. Thank you for all your help. I love the car.
    Congratulations on your new car, Len. Enjoy!

Car_man
    Host
  • BushwackBushwack Member Posts: 258
    Car_Man: Would you please provide the money factor and residual (and possibly work up some numbers) for a 2006 Acura RL?

- 3 year and 4 year lease
    - 10,000 and 12,000 miles/yr
    - MSRP: $49,915
    - Selling price: $42,250

Any other lease information specific to Acura that you have would be appreciated. You helped me out greatly leasing a 2005 RL last year (this lease is for my brother-in-law).

Thank you.
  • bobby29bobby29 Member Posts: 6
    Car_Man: I am also loking to lease a 2006 RL. It seems Acura's May lease special on the website is not as good as last month, but I have heard that Acura is giving 3k back to the dealership on RL purchases.

-36 month lease
    -15k miles a year
    -$49,915 MSRP
    -$42,000 sales price

Trying to figure out the payment with 1K down to cover 1st months pmt, sec deposit, tags etc.
    You're right, bobby29. Acura is currently providing $3,000 dealer cash on the 2006 RL. The reason why its advertised lease payment for this car is worse this month than it was in April is because Honda Finance's residual values for it dropped. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 RL with an MSRP of $49,915 and a selling price of $42,000 through Honda Finance right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $651.

Car_man
    Host
  • bobby29bobby29 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks Car_Man. What is the money factor and residual % you are using for that calculation?
  • eclipse2eclipse2 Member Posts: 64
    I have a dealer in NJ with a lease on a 06 RL 36 Months 12k miles with 2,000 down $25,956 is res. paymen with tax is $617.70 msrp $49,915 neg price $40,599 does this sound right to you?
  • rabb30327rabb30327 Member Posts: 2
    Car_Man - it appears sluggish sales of this car in '06 and the $3K manufacturer incentive made this an attractive lease in May. Can you provide the June incentive, money factor, and residual rates? I'm specifically interested in 36mo / 15K leases. Also, do you know when the '07 RLs will be available?

Is there a place online where we can access published manufacturer residual/mf rates?
    No problem, bobby29. I used a money factor of .00265 and a residual value of 50% to calculate your car's lease payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi eclipse2. The selling price that you were quoted for this car appears to be right around dealer invoice once the $3,000 dealer cash that Acura is providing on this car is taken into account. That is a good price for this car. Using the numbers that you provided in your post, an MSRP of $49,915 and a selling price of $40,599, I estimate that this car's zero down, pre-tax, 36 month, 12,000 mile per year monthly payment should be around $584. Even with tax being taken into account, if any od the $2,000 that you are putting down is a capitalized cost reduction the payment that you were quoted is a little high. Make sure that the dealer that you are working with is using Honda Finance's buy rate lease money factor to calculate your car's monthly payment. Its current 36 month buy rate for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier and pay a security deposit is .00265 for this model.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_man thanks alot! :)
    Hey car_man what about the lease that acura is giving now with the $599.00 a month with $2,999. down. is the deal that I got better if I could get them to fix that payment to the $584.00 thanks again :shades:
    Here you go, rabb30327. If you were to lease a 2006 Acura RL through Honda Finance right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00265 and 50%, respectively. I know that the 2007 RL is not available yet, but I don't know exactly when it will begin to arrive at dealers. I am not aware of any place on the Internet that provides information on manufacturers' actual lease programs to the general public.

Car_man
    Host
    No problem, eclipse2.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey eclipse2. Yes the deal that you negotiated on your own is better than the one that Acura is currently advertising on the 2006 RL. Specifically, the selling price of the lease that you negotiated is $934 less than the one that Acura's advertised lease is based upon.

Car_man
    Host
  • esbordenesborden Member Posts: 1
    Can you reveal the name and location of the dealer where you negotiated your deal?
  • chucky2chucky2 Member Posts: 8
    Car_man, When I use a MF of .00265 and a 50% residual on the Edmunds lease calculator, I get $738 a month on a 36month, 15K lease. I have a 6% tax rate, title and reg is $630, aquisition fee is $500, and security is $750. Are these the same numbers used in your calculation?
    Yes it was with Sussman Acura on RT38 in NJ..
    Hey chucky2. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for consumers who lease a 2006 RL for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year are indeed .00265 and 50%, if you qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • tallactallac Member Posts: 1
    Car Man,

Can you publish the formula that you use to determine the lease rates so that I can take it to a dealership?

I'mm pretty good with numbers (i do office equipment leases w/ GE, Citi, etc), but I don't know how to organize the numbers on an auto lease.

Thanks

Tallac
    Hi Tallac. I don't use any formula to calculate banks' lease money factors. These numbers are published by manufacturers and I have a lot of contacts in the industry who are able to give me an idea of what the lease programs for specific vehicles are like. Here is a link to an article on how to calculate vehicles' lease payments if you are interested: Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • joeblowjoeblow Member Posts: 11
    Have the standard acura/honda lease factors changed for August?

Thanks!
    Yes, joeblow, Honda Finance's standard lease program did change for the month of August. Its standard money factors vary by term. Honda Finance's current 36 month factor for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier and pay a security deposit equivalent to their vehicle's monthly payment rounded up to the nearest $25 increment at lease signing is .00283. I believe that its residual values are the same in August as they were in July, but I would be happy to double check for you if you tell me how long you want to lease for and what mileage allowance you need.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • 69cv69cv Member Posts: 4
    Anyone see anything wrong with this deal?

Lease Terms:
    ------------
    Cap cost = 41.2
    Residual = 51% = 25,456.65
    MF = .00283 = 6.79%
    Monthly pay = 657.25

Up Front Costs:
    ---------------
    1st Mo. Payment = 657.25
    Doc + Reg fees = 385.75
    Bank fee = 595.00
    Tax on Bank fee = 29.75

Total up front at signing = 1,657.75

thanks
    69cv
    Hi 69cv. Acura is not currently providing any lease money factor support on the 2006 RL. As a result, if you were to lease one through Honda Finance right now you would have to use its standard money factor. Its current buy rate standard lease money factor is right in line with the number that you were quoted. This is a good sign because it means that the dealer that you are working with is not trying to mark your car's money factor up to add hidden profit to your deal. Now let's take a look at the capitalized cost that you were quoted. According to Edmunds.com, the dealer invoice price of a base 2006 Acura RL is $43,907. The price that you were quoted is $2,700 below invoice. With the $3,000 dealer cash that is currently available on this model, it puts you at right around $300 over invoice, which is a good deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • 69cv69cv Member Posts: 4
    Car_man

I did lease this vehicle. I forgot to mention it was a 36 month / 12k per year lease. Some 2006 RL buyers on the "Acura RL: Prices Paid & Buying Experience" forum seem to be doing a little better on price (40.8 + or -) but not many in the New England area.

Thanks
    69cv
  • todd53todd53 Member Posts: 47
    My dealer has offered the following lease terms on a 2006 RL:

-MSRP: $49,915
    -36 month term
    -12k miles per year
    -$5,000 down
    -$658 per month inclusive of all taxes, title, license, etc.

I know very little about leasing and would appreciate any advice.
    Hi todd53. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

You never mentioned the selling price of the car that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to work give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what this car's selling price is.

For now I can tell you that $5,000 is way too much money to put down when leasing. I always advise community members against making down payments on leased vehicles. The main reason why I do so is if your leased vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered, its down payment essentially disappears. Even though it will make this car's monthly payment higher, you would be better off not making a down payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
This discussion has been closed.