Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Lease Questions

Comments

• cegarcicegarci Member Posts: 2
    From what I have seen in this forum one should be able to find a base TL for invoice. Would this hold true for leasing the vehicle as well. If so would the below figures be correct?

MSRP = 34440
    Base TL Invoice = 31706 Base Cap Cost
    Costs added to Lease = 595.00 Acura Acquisition Fee
    Adjusted Cap Cost = 32301
    Residual = Base TL 36 Months 12,000 miles = 58% = 19975
    MF = .00081
    NO MONEY DOWN
    Term = 36 Months
    Sales Tax = 6%
    Monthly Payment = $407.81

Is this an unrealistic expectation of finding the base TL at $407.81 per month for 36months (12,000 miles) sign & Drive?
  • vegasrphvegasrph Member Posts: 47
    I think you are 100% correct on your assessment of the TL Type S from your recent test drive. The car is a little more front biased than I would like, but for a car that can hold 5 REAL adults, has a decent trunk for golf bags, is pretty fun to drive (paddle shifters are cool) AND a very attractive lease.........this car is hard to beat.

Seriously, look over at the Honda forums here at Edmunds..........peopled are getting Honda Accord EX-L V6 w/Navi quotes that are within a few bucks of the Acura TL Type S!!!! Honda is NOT supporting the Accord with ANY specials for the lease of an Accord right now..........the car is too new and too hot right now.
    I would take the Acura TL Type S any day of the week over the BLAND looking Accord.........and the payment on the Type S is too sweet not to.

Just for some more FYI..........you CAN get the dealer down UNDER invoice on the TL's right now (Type S included).............Acura is really NOT doing well right now due to the: Cadillac CTS, BMW 3 series, and Mercedes C class.
    I would honestly shoot for invoice - $500 ($35,300 Cap Cost) and be prepared to walk out if they mumble and grumble.............you'll get it.
    YES!! I would go into the dealer with a figure in mind........invoice - $500, and see what they do. Even if they won't go below invoice, no sweat, its still a GREAT deal. Your figures look pretty good. I would keep that "payment" in your head and know how you got there..........but I think you could get it for $400.00 even out the door with tax included and a "sign & drive" NO MONEY OUT OF POCKET.

Try running your numbers again using $31,200 Cap Cost. ($500 below invoice)
    **Start here, and stop at your max of $407.81/mo.
  • 23109vc23109vc Member Posts: 218
    what should I *expect* or *demand* as part of the standard deal?

all season floor mats?
    trunk liner
    wheel locks..

i've seen some of the cars with this and they have a sticker on the window implying it's an "extra" charge....but I think they just come this way as part of the deal.

should I scoff if they try to add charges for these basic items?

what other optiosn accessories are you all looking to get on a TL-S?

I('ve seen some pics of the a spec body kit and I'm not sold on it. it looks ok from some angles and from tohers it looks tacked on. not sure if I would spend $$ to get it.

also - what color are youg etting vegas?

i am torn between black pearl and white diamond pearl? i've never had a black car and I know they are hard to keep clean, but the black one at the dealer...with those dark wheels....i was imagining it with tinted windows..and darn it would look mean.

i kinda thought the white one, wtih tinted windows might look like ti has too muich contrast...the dark windows and dark wheels would scream for the tail lights to get tinted and then you start looking ricey.

the black one just looks bad [non-permissible content removed] as is.

what do you think?

i hate the red one. the blue is so so. silver so so. carbon bronze pearl looks coolb ut in some lights it looks brown and I dont like that. i think i'm hung up on white and black.
  • sacdriversacdriver Member Posts: 33
    I'm curious how the dealer would even cover any of his expenses, let alone a profit, if he sells the car below invoice. I understand there is a 3% holdback, but that amounts to about $1000 on a basic TL. Are dealers willing to make less than $1000 on a $32,000 car? While I haven't been thrilled with my Acura leasing experience, I am considering the car. I just don't want to look stupid when I offer to pay only invoice or even less. I also don't think I will find the competition here in Sacramento that many of you find in larger cities.
    when I was test driving the 08 TL-S today, the sales guy commented that 09s would be showing up on lots by March or April. is tha right?

what is going to happen to the pricing of the left over 08s when the totally REDESIGNED 09s hit the lots?

if we are getting .00081 MF now, or $2000 cash back...makes me think that in 3-4 months the deals may get even sweeter.

i'm guessing there will be NO deals on the 09s - they will probalby be selling at MSRP...at least that's my guess...

if a totally new upgraded TL hits the lots in 4 months, and you KNOW there will be 08 TL-S still sitting on lots by then...you'd think those will get even cheaper....

the deal right now on a TL-S is nice, and i really lke it...but damn i'd hate myself if I bought one now, and in 3-4 months I see the price drop another couple grand! or if the 09s come out and it has SH-AWD, more power, for the same price.. DOH!
  • billyperks2billyperks2 Member Posts: 378
    I don't you will see any 2009 on dealer lots in March or April, the first place I think you will see it is at the NYC Auto Show in April.

The car will then go on sale in the Fall as a 09 model.

Don't hold me to this but I have followed Acura's history throughout the years and that is their way of introducing a new model.
  • vladsmicervladsmicer Member Posts: 2
    Just picked up an 08 TL last night.

No Navi, White/Ebony

36 monoths, 12k miles/yr, 1400 Drive Off, 375/mo inc tax. This is in Socal by the way.

I think its a good deal what do you all think?
    Well, as far as what to "ask" or "demand" is up to you. Basically, I just run the numbers so many times over and over and try to find the "sweet spot" of the deal and stick to my guns.........I have "walked out" 3 times already from various dealers. But guess what?? They ALWAYS call the next day or 2 days later. These cars are simply NOT moving right now.......bad for them.......great for us!!

Here in Vegas......BLACK cars are a "No, No" because of DUST and HEAT (it gets 110+ degrees for 3-4 months of the year) and you would kick yourself after owning it for 2-3 months!! I do admit, tho.......it looks HOT with the Taupe interior!! I like the Diamond White Pearl, too. However, it looks "yellowish" in some light right around the bumper (plastic parts) and that is worrisome. The Kinetic Blue is nice, but too attention getting........I like the Carbon Bronze with the Type S wheels. The Silver is BLAH, The Red is way too Red for me.

If I had a suggestion for you, it would be this: offer $500 below invoice as a Cap Cost.......have them run the numbers with ZERO due at signing or $1,000 (max) due at signing. If they won't do that........threaten to "walk". I think if you get to INVOICE or a little below........you are GOLDEN. You should be looking at $450/mo + TAX for 36 month LEASE with $1,000 due at drive off as your MAXIMUM allowable on a MSRP of $38,940 Type S. Anything BELOW that is a STEAL!! **Maybe ask them to "throw in" Rubber Floor Mats or Window Tint (something that runs $100 - $200 to sweeten the deal??)
    You did very good. Congrats on your new TL!! I still can't belive that Acura is doing these deals right now on cars that run $34,440 for these lease payments!! Its a GREAT time of year to be shopping for a LEASE!!

Not sure what Ca Tax is, but I assume 8%?? So, you got for $348/mo before tax?? WOW!! GREAT DEAL!!
    Well, it goes with the whole "supply vs demand" thing. Right now, there are too many "newer" models from Cadillac, BMW, Mercedes, and even Honda to steal sales from Acura. The dealers are just "sitting" on these cars.........praying that they can move them.

The "Holdback" of 3% is TRUE.........the dealer will get a check for 3% of the MSRP on the car they sell (within 90 days on the lot) from Acura. PLUS, you have to believe there is some "hidden" marketing support from Acura in the $500 - $1,000 range to help MOVE these cars.........TL and TSX.

So, get it while the gettin' is good, I say!! The 2009's won't show up until Sept/Oct and they will sell at MSRP for at least a year..........you'll be able to get a deal at the end of your 36 mo lease.......perfect timing!!
  • vladsmicervladsmicer Member Posts: 2
    From what I gather, "invoice" on this car is $31,705.83, my adjusted Cap Cost was $31118 I believe. My cap cost reduction was around $80. Our sales tax is 7.75%. It feels like I could have got another $10-$15 knocked off the payment. I hope i'm wrong.
    No, I think you did very well. You got the car for about $400 over invoice, which would translate into about $11/mo..... IF you could have got the car AT invoice. Seriously, enjoy your new TL and I belive you got a very, very good deal...... HECK, you got a GREAT deal!!

Driving an Acura at a Honda payment........very cool.
    Nope, the BANK FEE is fixed at $595. Everyone has to pay it, just don't let the dealer "mark it up" on you. I don't think Honda/Acura has a disposition fee. Right now the LEASE & BUY rates on some Acuras is very attractive........especially on the Acura TL right now!!
  • nringnring Member Posts: 97
    Hi cegarci or anyone who can clarify..i am trying to follow your calculations on the lease..i want the exact deal but with Nav. I understand the MSRP X the Residual gives you the 19975 or what he car is worth after 36 months...BUT how does the rest of the formula work with the MF and the Invoice price and sales tax to get you tot he 407. 81. i was wondering if you could show me the long hand on the math hwo you came up with the monthly payment

Thanks,

Noah
    AskNoah@icloud.com

• cndnbkncndnbkn Member Posts: 76
    From what I hear the 09 TSX hits the lots in the spring(March/April) timeframe. They have actually already stopped making the current body TSX.

The TL on the other hand is still in test mule stage according to spy photos from many mags and wont hit the lots until at least July/August 08, as an 09. Plus the price will probably a few thousand more and you will be paying close to MSRP so look at spending $4-5k more versus the deals you can get now.
    My wife and I just went and picked up our new car last night and we couldn't be happier. We emailed about 8 dealers ten days ago and then worked our way down to the lowest price. Emailed back the dealer that was 5 minutes away and said I was ready to buy if he would match the lowest price I had and had the color combo we wanted. He emailed me back saying they could match the price and did have the combo. We went to the dealership an hour later saw the car loved it did the paperwork, got a full rundown of all the features. The dealer showed us how to Pair our blue tooth phones and set up memory settings and we were out the door in less than two hours total. We leased of course but didn't mention that at all until we got to the dealership to fill out the paperwork, i didn't want it to muddy the water in negotiation.

Now for the good stuff.

08 TL non Nav Diamond white pearl with taupe interior. MSRP $34,440

Selling Price $31,500(around $113 under invoice by my calculations)
    Rolled the $595 acquisition fee in for cap cost of $32095

36 Months/15K miles per year(56% RESIDUAL, .00081MF)
    $12,808 depreciation(355.77/month)
    $1,497 rent charge(interest basically only $499/yr or $41.58/month thats cheap)$429.12 Tax(rolled tax into payment for $11.92/month)

Total Payment $409.32 includes deprecation, rent, and tax

Paid out of pocket Doc Fee $398, Tag $74, Up front Tax $14.16, First pmt $409
    Total $895 out of pocket

Hope this helps anyone else in search of a new TL. The really are a great deal for one extremely nice automobile.
    hi cndnbkn....i am intrested in a similar lease deal...however i want navi and only 12K miles...any idea on the monthly? i live in bucks county pa and i get really confused with the math per yoru message...i know i need to negotiate final sale price, get the residual, and the money factor..but i have no idea how to do the calculations to get to the monthly lease factor? my sales tax in pa is .6% can you help me?

Thanks,

Noah
    AskNoah@icloud.com

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    my sales tax in pa is .6%

Keep in mind... the tax on leases is an extra 3% in PA, so if your rate is 6%, then the lease tax rate will be 9%.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

nrign,
    The best quotes I received for an 08TL with Nav was $33,500, so that is the purchase price I will work with. The residual for that car for 36 months with 12K per year is 57%, msrp is $36,940, so $21055.80 is residua($36,940x.57) If you bought the car for $33,500 then rolled in the acquisition fee of $595 as I did your cap cost is $34,095. Your depreciation is then cap cost minus residual, $34,095- $21,055.80 = $13,039.2. Take your depreciation $13,039.2 divided by 36 monthly payments = $362.20which is your monthly depreciation.

Then to calculate rent you must add your full depreciation, $13,039.2, plus full msrp, $36,940, = $49,979.2. You then multiply this figure,$49,979.2 by the money factor, .00081, to get the monthly rental charge = $40.48.

To calculate tax you multiple your depreciation, $13,039.2, by your tax rate, 9% or .09 according to kydfx the host = $1,173.52. This is your total tax divide this by 36 for your monthly tax rate if you want to roll it into your payment, $1,173.52/36=$32.60 monthly tax.

Add monthly depreciation by monthly rental charge by tax and you have your total monthly payment $362.20+$40.48+$32.60=$435.28

You should then only need to pay for any dealer fees and tags around $500 in NC and your fist months payment of $435.38 to around $900-$1000 total out of pocket.

Thats what it should look like if you get the vehicle for $33,500 If you get it for less you will be under and if you pay more of course your payment is higher.

Emailing a bunch of dealers off the get go is the way to go in my opinion and then just ask the one who is closest if they will match the best price you are able to work down to. The way TL are building up right now on their lots chances are they will. I hope this helps and good luck.
  • rosen30rosen30 Member Posts: 2
    Car Man,

What would the Money Factor and Residual be on an 08 TL (Non Navi) if I go with 15,000 miles per year?

Thanks!
    cndnbkn thank you very much...this has been the most helpful excercise to date....i truly appreciate you explaining eveything and then doing the math long hand. I really appreciate your time and effort and kydfx as well for the tax help. Now that i have the formula it is easy to plug in the numbers. I am looking at several different vehicles. How do you know or find out the residual % and the MF in order to go through this excercise? Since i don't let on i am leasing to get the lowest sale price, this has been an issue for me in order to figure out the monthly. I am looking for the residual and MF for the honda accord EX-L v6 with nav as well and the nissan maxima with nav, etc. I assume the MF remains the same but the residual % changes with lease years and miles? i am only looking for 12K miles/yr, 36 months, nothinging down, and tier 1 credit..

thank you again for your response... :)

Thanks,

Noah
    AskNoah@icloud.com

Vegasrph, do you know the invoice price of an 08 acura tl with navi?

Thanks,

Noah
    AskNoah@icloud.com

• alsc7alsc7 Member Posts: 13
    Can any one tell me if the Residual for TL w/ Navi is the same as TL base?
    I know 3 yr./ 15K for TL base is 56%. Is TL navi the same?

Thanks everyone!
    Al
    Al,
    Nav's residuals are 1% lower than non nav. 08 TL with Nav is 55% for 15k per year.

cndnbkn
    Thanks cndnbkn;
    Yea I found that today, at a dealership. For those who also want to know, the TL-S has a 53% Residual for 15K/yr.
    Question:

the incentives on the leases now are good. they run for another couple of weeks.

if one were to "gamble" and wait until AFTER this incentive/ MF expires to see wha they offer in January/Feb.... what are you all guessing will happen?

deals will get even better?
    or they will drop this deal and go back to the prior higher MF and the "deals" will be gone?

what has happened with these kinds of "specials" in Honda/Acura history?? do they offer some smokin' deal temporarilya nd then go back to regular...or with the market being slow..will they get mor desperate and make it sweeter.
    Ok. I finally pulled the trigger on the 2008 Acura TL Type-S (automatic).
    Carbon Bronze with Taupe/Black interior (just looks GREAT as a combination!!)
    MSRP $38,940
    Cap Cost $35,832 (invoice)
    Acura Bank Fee $595
    Dealer DOC Fee $399 (not negotiable, had to pay it)
    36mo/10k miles yr
    MF=0.00081 (1.95%)
    Residual=56%
    **Dealer threw in 2 free oil changes & window tint (about $400.00 total)

ZERO due at signing (just signed papers & drove away, everything got rolled in) PLUS, doing ZERO due/sign & drive, your 1st payment is made in the deal!!

$520/mo INC TAX ($483/mo + $37 tax) for 35 more months!!

This was the best I could do without driving 4 hours each way to another dealer in Californina to save a few bucks. I probably could have saved $10/mo, but 8 hours driving + 2 hours at dealer to save $350?? Not worth it to me.

Hope this helps everyone............I really had to shop around to get this deal. I agree with other people here in this forum........it really helps to contact numerous dealers and get quotes, then take it to your local dealer. Good Luck Everyone!!!!
    VERY NICE!! Wow. You did a great job in your deal!! CONGRATS!!

I just picked up my 2008 TL Type-S, too. Carbon Bronze w/ Taupe/Black interior.

Enjoy your new TL!! I am sure you will!! I can't wait for mine to get passed the "break in" period..........then........whomp, whomp, whomp!! :)
    Vegas; Congratulations!!!
    Who was your dealer? I went and test drove the TL, it was nice but then saw the TL-S and gave that a test drive. All of have to say was WoW!! So now I have to get a TL-S. So let me know who your dealer was.

Thanks, and Enjoy your new car!!!
  • alextclamalextclam Member Posts: 18
    vegasrph,

Did you ask them what the Dealer DOC fee is for? I've heard of it but it's usually not more than $50. Just curious.

And congrats on your new car! I'm possibly trading in my current lease, which ends in March, for a Type S in the next couple of weeks. Hopefully, I can get it for invoice like you.

Alex
  • soylentgreensoylentgreen Member Posts: 62
    Alextclam:

My current TL lease also ends in March and planning to get the TLS.

How are you getting rid of you current lease till then?

I was planning to sell mine to Carmax and having them payoff American Honda, doing it this way may get the maximum amount instead of doing a trade-in.
    I've been driving manual tranny cars and my current TL is a 6MT.

Are there any significant differences in residual values between MT vs. automatic cars?

One dealer told me 6MT TL's may sit longer in the lot than automatic ones, since not all TL buyers prefer manual trannies.
  • bschulte11bschulte11 Member Posts: 4
    I too would love to get some info on this one. I did some snooping in Atlanta this weekend for a 2008 TL-S 6MT and there is 1...that's right 1 in all of Atlanta (out of probably 75 TL-S's. Did they only produce the 6MT during a specific time period or did they just not produce a lot of them. Also, it isn't really clear how folks are thinking about the 6MT in the '07-'08 TL-S's. Any help here would be great!!
    soylentgreen,

I was just planning on trading it in. Unfortunately, there isn't a Carmax in my area, not even in my state.

Can you explain the process of selling the lease to Carmax? If the value of your car is worth more than payoff, what happens with the difference? Also, can you name a few other companies out there like Carmax? Thanks.
    Well, in California..........there is a limit of $45. Here in Las Vegas, Nevada there isn't a limit. Most dealers here in Vegas charge $399, but I have seen it as high as $599!! The DOC FEE is PURE PROFIT straight to the OWNER of the dealership. This is non-negotiable, and you have to pay it.

So, I could have went to California and saved $399-$45= $354. BUT, it was a 4 hour drive each way.........plus probably 2 hours for paperwork & car prep time. So, the extra 10 hours wasn't worth $354...........not to mention I would have to buy gas for my car and use up miles, too.

We only have 2 Acura dealers here in Las Vegas. There are a TON more in California, but I am seeing that Acuras aren't moving well right now.........so the deals are there for the taking!!

P.S.
    The Carbon Bronze TL-S looks AWESOME with the tint on the windows......SICK!
    Get the TL Type-S if it is within your budget. You will LOVE IT. Seriously, I just came out of a BMW (325i manual trans) and I have no regrets at all. The BMW was nice, but now I've "been there, done that" and I don't think I would lease/buy another BMW. Too many mechanical/electrical problems/glitches in the BMW. I got real tired, real quick taking it in for service. :(

Well, good luck to you on your "hunt" for the perfect Acura!! I highly suggest the TL Type-S..........my Carbon Bronze (now with window tint) and Taupe/Black interior looks absolutely.........SICK NASTY!! HA!! Love it!!
  • gaspassergaspasser Member Posts: 1
    Hi carman. What are the residuals for base TL and TLS no Nav 24 months for 15k, 18.5 k and 20 k per yr.
    alextclam,

I talked to AHF a couple of months back and asked them about selling the leased car. From my understanding, as long as AHF gets their money (the payoff amount that is current for that month), you can pocket the rest. Just to verify, I'm going to call and talk to them again.

My car is way under the alotted mileage and is in good condition; pricing it through kbb actually nets me $3K in "profit", if I sell it. I'm not sure if that's accurate at all, but it's worth a shot getting it appraised @ CARMAX.

Have you gotten your car appraised yet?
    I'm interested in what they're going to value it as.
    soy,

Here's the whole story. I got a call from someone at my Acura dealer last week. It was just a courtesy reminding me that my lease is ending soon. He was inquiring about my plans after lease end and if I planned to lease another Acura. I told him I was interested in the Type S. I assume he's a loan officer stationed in the dealer because he pulled up my payoff amount in seconds. I doubt a sales person would be able to get that info.

Anyways, he asked the basic questions about the condition of my car and also ran a carfax report on my VIN. Btw, I have an 04 Non-Navi NBP/black with 21,500 miles and in average condition. It came back clean and he said it will have no problems for certified pre-owned resell. That was it, I wasn't really interested at the time so I didn't bother to get into details. He threw some numbers at me for the Type S and I politely passed on his offer. It was too high anyway.

I checked KBB and my payoff is less than car value as well. But the problem is, there isn't a Carmax within my area. The closest one to me is in CT which is like a 3 1/2 hour drive. I know the dealer will definitely mark down the value of my car so that it comes out even to the payoff amount, no negative or positive equity. I would consider selling it privately but I'm lazy. I guess I'll have to see what exact amount the dealer will offer me first. If it's $2000 less then I will go through the troublesome paperwork and documents of selling privately. Otherwise, I would probably just take a little loss and trade it in but make it back on the selling price of the Type S.
    Holy crap! You have an 04 with 21,000 miles? That's hardly used!

Go to www.carmax.com and search on 04 TL's.
    Most of them are selling @ > $22,000 with 40K+ miles.
    i am looking to lease the 08 tl with navi and was quoted 31,999 sale price +ttl and acquisition fee for 36 month 12K mile lease...is the 08 TL with navi MF=0.00081 (1.95%)??? why is it so low??

Thanks,

Noah
    AskNoah@icloud.com

Right now thru 1/2/08, Acura (Honda Financial Services) is running a "special" on the LEASE Rates for the Acura TL, TL w/Navi, and TL Type-S.
    Yes, it is 0.00081 (1.95%) for 36 months...........GREAT TIME TO LEASE!!

Your quote on a 2008 Acura TL/Navi sounds very, very good. Almost too good. I think this would be a quote more in line with a 2008 TL BASE (MSRP $34,440) and not on the TL/Navi. IF IT IS correct.........jump on that deal!! That's $4,941 discount!!

Here are the Residual Values (based on 10k miles/yr & 36 month LEASE):
    2008 TL BASE (MSRP $34,440) 59%
    2008 TL/Navi (MSRP $36,940) 58%
    2008 TL Type-S (MSRP $38,940) 56%
    ***Just SUBTRACT 1% for a 12k/yr lease

Don't forget, there is an Acura Bank Fee (AQ FEE) of $595 (LEASE).

Let us all know how you did!!!
    :) i have 3 internet quotes to date per below...I negotiated all over internet and i made them reconfirm it was with navi tl 08..i did not tell them lease as i wanted to get to the bottom cap cost. here are all quotes. unless all 3 pull a fast one one me i should be set. if i add in the 595 acquistion fee to the lowest quote of 31,999 + 595= 32,594 tot cap cost, 36,940 MSRP for a lease with zero down, 12kmiles, 36 mo, 57% residual and .00081 MF, and 9% sales tax in pa...i am looking at around 395/mo payment plus ttl ..sounds good to you? where can i expect them to try to hit me up on fees? i assume they will want a security deposit and jack up the doc fee, etc? what is normal doc fee and can i refuse paying a security fee?

1.Noah,
    Thanks for contacting me regarding pricing for the TL with navigation.
    I am pleased to offer you a price of $31975 plus tax and tags along with a finance rate APR of 4.9% for 60 months subject to approval.
    We have a great selection of colors with the black exterior and the charcoal interior available.
    Please let me know when you want to complete the transaction.

2.Vehicle You Have Requested Information OncYear 2008 Make:Acura
    Model: Tl With Navigation System
    Stock#
    28A0153
    New MSRP
    $36,940
    Your *e-Price
    $32,048

3.Noah,

The best I'm can do it 31,999(including Destination) on a 2008 TL w/Navigation
    I can also offer 2.9% financing for up to 36 months and 4.9% for 48-60 months.

These are no haggle numbers and I look forward to earning your business.

Thanks,

Noah
    AskNoah@icloud.com

• bschulte11bschulte11 Member Posts: 4
    In addition, but NOT in combination there is a $2000 incentive to purchase. You can not get this $2000 and the .00081 MF. Basically, you need to add back the $2000 to your quotes. I ran into this over the weekend.

Good Luck with your deal. The math pretty much works out that it is better to lease, anyway you run the numbers.
    I want to get the a spec body kit when I lease a TL-S.

I've seen the color combo I want at the local dealer but it does NOT have the a spec body kit on it. I know the kit is sold prepainted, so the dealer would only need to order it and then install it once it shows up.

can I roll the cost of the body kit into my lease, even though it was not preinstalled on the car at the time i do the lease paperwork?

I assume I can do the paperwork, and have the cost of the bodykit factored into the cost of the car, and then bring it back to be installed. i live 5 min away so it would not be a big deal.

ALSO - If I drive a hard bargain - I think I should be able tog et them to throw that in for invoice cost and install it for free. how much would that REALLY cost if they did it at COST?
    another question-

IF I can get the a spec kit as part of my lease - does the MSPR increase by the price of the kit, so the residual will be higher...or does the MSRP they use for the lease stay the same as a stock one and I just pay extra for the body kit?

it makes less sense to add it if I have to just pony up the money for it, and then at the end of the lease, theyt ake it with the car when I turn it in....but if I can effectively recoup part of it via the residual...even better.

how does that work?
    ran the numbers every way...lease is the way to go and in 3 years get a new car with no hassel. cars depreciate...they are not investments so who cares....unless you drive it into the ground then great...but i like new every 3 years....lease new and buy used is my saying....what else do you own that loses 15% the second you drive it off the lot..??? :P

Thanks,

Noah
    AskNoah@icloud.com

I spoke to AHFC and they said my payoff amount already includes taxes. Is it true that dealers don't have to tax on lease buyouts? And the taxes will be paid by the new buyer.
  • iceman2011iceman2011 Member Posts: 12
    Vega,

I think everything you mentioned looks good but i was curious on the $1,000 at sign in. i understand the first payment of 484 plus the plate transfer fee of 78 but what is the other extra you had to pay for ?
This discussion has been closed.