Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Lease Questions

Comments

• dimariadimaria Member Posts: 44
    You need to find out what the residual is on a TL-Tech with 12 K miles. Then you should be able calculate your payment with any lease calculator using the new MF's.
  • ceg1ceg1 Member Posts: 11
    The residual is $24,061.45. How do you calculate it?

The dealer called me about 30 mins ago, and the payments did drop by $24 per month, so now the payment is $516 (rolling in $1252 on my current lease), for 36 months, 12K and $700 due at signing.

Is this a good deal?
  • acuramantl2acuramantl2 Member Posts: 11
    do we know if the money factor also dropped on the 08 tl???
  • njalannjalan Member Posts: 70
    My local Acura dealership (central NJ) just called me earlier today to let me know that the leasing deal is better than last month. However, I wonder if it is truly attractive at all. Here are the figures he presented:

Money factor: 0.00165 for 36 months (both 10000 miles & 12000 miles annually).
    Residual value: 61% for 10000 miles, and 60% for 12000 miles.
    List price of car: $42995 including destination.
    Lease based on $41500 selling price (Cap Cost).
    Initial payment: $2000 which includes:
    $595 acquisition fee
    $389 doc fee
    $298 motor vehicle fee
    $7.50 tires fee
    $9 additional fee
    First month lease payment: $572 for 10000 miles & $585 for 12000 miles.
    The balance is applied towards the reduction of cap cost.

The $572 monthly payment includes 7% NJ sales tax.
    The $585 monthly payment includes 7% NJ sales tax as well.

I am looking for monthly payment in the low $500 range. Am I asking for too much at this point? The sales rep kept saying there is only 10% AWD with Tech available and I should jump in to this deal. I have an alternative: the 2008 Infiniti G35X with Navi and Premium package. I have been watching both cars since October. I need some help in this forum on leasing terms. Thanks in advance.
  • ceg1ceg1 Member Posts: 11
    I am in TX and the lease deal today is better than it was Friday due the the new money factor. I al looking at a TL-Tech (no AWD), and my deal is posted above.
  • robertw477robertw477 Member Posts: 188
    I got an email from my local dealer today. Offered the TL for 399 with 1999 down. I only go for ZERO money down deals. I am sure this is the non tech TL model. There is no way in this economy I would pay upwards of $500 a month. If you can wait I think there will be better deals ahead as the entire car market and economy weakens further. Also consider the fact that american honda wants good credit risks only that will definitely eliminate those with lesser credit therefore making it even harder to lease cars. This affects all car leases not just Honda. Just my 2 cents. I had a Tl previously and do like American Honda as they have been good to me.

rob
  • drtraveldrtravel Member Posts: 395
    Honda just changed the MF for the 2009 TL and TL-Tech.

Can you ask your dealer if they changed the MF on the TSX?

Please
  • njalannjalan Member Posts: 70
    Thanks ceg1. Your Posting #1688 lists the MSRP as $39445 for the TL with Tech, right? And you managed to get the selling price down to $36196.75, correct? If so, the discount is $3248.25 for a brand new 2009 TL, WOW!

My dealership is offering $41500 as selling price of the AWD with Tech, a mere $1495 discount from the $42995 listing price. The difference is $1753.25 and I will sure mention this to my sales rep next time I talk to him. I understand the AWD version would get less discount, but that much less?

Would anyone out there who had shopping experience with the TL AWD with Tech please share your experience? Thankssssssssssssssssssssss!
  • cnthngs97cnthngs97 Member Posts: 4
    I am looking into leasing a 2008 Acura TL. The problem for me is I have a trade in that I am way upside down on. I think leasing would be great way for me to get rid of this negative equity at the end of the lease. The other issue is I dont have and money to put down however I have outstanding credit so I should qualify for the best rates out there. my thoughts are a 60 month lease with 12k miles per year. Im about 10k upside down and I really need to be about $550 per month. any advice or any idea of what kind of payment I should be expecting?
  • toyoman8toyoman8 Member Posts: 114
    what kinda car you got? I mean upside down 10g is a lot. Better ride it out, it's not worth buying anew car. Maybe selling it works out better for you.
  • cnthngs97cnthngs97 Member Posts: 4
    I have a 2007 Yukon. and withthe way GM is looking it is not going to get much better. I got roped into financing for 84 months so I would have a long ride to ride it out.
  • diddy_nycdiddy_nyc Member Posts: 4
    I would not recommend doing a lease for 60 months. You might as well buy the car at a very low APR since you have good credit. You should at least put 1k down. If you are really upside down, the bank will not approve the loan or leasing terms because the overall price of the vehicle will be way higher. Best bet is ride it out for several years & as the balance of your Yukon lowers, then you trade it in. Otherwise, sell it on your own. Dealer will give you nothing for your vehicle.
  • bobross1bobross1 Member Posts: 6
    I just got a quote from a dealer on a base+ tech-
    $2200 at signing
    $489(w tax) per month 36 months
    12k per year
    They factored in my final 2 payments on my car ($900 total).
    What do you think?
  • TeachndocTeachndoc Member Posts: 8
    Here are the numbers I got last week. The dealer wasn't interested in working with me on the 2 final payments of my Jeep ($1200.00) I'm going to wait and see what is offered after the New Year. The TL' s are just building up on dealer lots so I'm hoping they get more aggressive. Good luck!

Here's the Lease #'s based on a Sell Price of $36,995
    Thru AHFC....0 Down 36 x 12,000....MP = $459
    Due upfront is Bank Fee $595. & Taxes $1477.
    Total Out/Pocket (incl 1st) is $2532 + any DMV Fees !

Your deal looks better!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi automan999. Acura enhanced its lease program on the 2009 for December. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base '09 TL with 15,000 miles per year are .00197 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The money factor for the TL Tech is a slightly better .00165.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi acuramantl2. Unfortunately, Acura is not providing lease support on the 2008 TL any longer. If you want to lease one through Honda Finance, you would have to use its standard lease money factor, .00300, and then use the $3,500 dealer cash that Acura is providing on it to negotiate an attractive selling price.

I haven't crunched the numbers, but given the enhancement that Acura recently made to the 2009 TL's lease program I wouldn't be surprised if it was actually less expensive to lease at this point than an '08.

You may want to consider financing the '08 TL that you want using Acura's 0.9% to 2.9% special rates instead of leasing it. The aforementioned dealer cash is compatible with the special financing offer as well.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi drtravel. Acura did not enhance its money factor on the TSX when it enhanced it on the TL. Honda Finance's buy rate lease money factor for an '09 TSX is still .00263 for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi cnthngs97. $10,000 is a lot of negative equity to roll into a lease. Unfortunately, I doubt that Honda Finance would let you put that much into a lease of an '08 TL. A base 2008 TL has a spread of a little over $2,700 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. Add to that the $3,500 dealer cash that Acura is providing on it and there's a total available margin of around a little over $6,200 with the dealer selling you the car right at invoice. Chances are, you would have to come up with a couple thousand dollars out of your own pocket to pay at signing to make this deal work.

To be honest with you, it definitely is not a good idea to roll this much negative equity into a lease anyhow. You would be much better off waiting until you are less upside down on your current vehicle to get something new. Also, I always advise consumers against doing 60 month leases. That's way too long.

Car_man
    Host
  • enycelilcenycelilc Member Posts: 7
    hey, did you ever end up hearing back from the dealer? im currently have a lease with infiniti and a local acura dealer sent me an option to do a lease transfer for a 2008 or 2009 acura. im thinking of getting the 2008 type-s trying to see what kind of lease or financing payments i should be expecting. if i lease i would need 15k miles a year. im in the low 700's now and would LOVE to drop down to below 500. seem possible?
  • Jballs7Jballs7 Member Posts: 6
    My local dealer is advertising a 2009 TL (base) lease for 2,000 down and $348/month. Do you think this is a good deal? It seems much lower than what I've seen other posters discuss. Maybe there's a catch?

Also, I am not in a position where I must purchase a new car. Do you think there will be better deals in 2009? Thanks!
  • vrossivrossi Member Posts: 1
    Hey gents..

Currently working on a deal for a 36 month 12k mile lease on a base 09 TL
    Looking at $500 down, 465 per month. Price is 33200 with a .00197 MF and a 64% resid. I keep running the numbers and it keeps coming up at arounf $417 per month
    so I believe the dealer has some wiggle room. I spoke to the dealer and he said he's at the bottom. Wondering if I'm missing something on my end or if he's holding back. I also want to say thanks for all the great info on here it's been a great help.
    Happy Holidays!
  • gator5000egator5000e Member Posts: 90
    Jballs7, I am no expert but I do know that any money you put down on a lease that does not go to fees, like tax, tag, title, is essentially you buying down your lease payment. So if the total $2,000 is for cap cost reduction, your actual payment would be closer to $405 per month.

If I have stated this wrongly, I am sure someone will pop in and correct me.
    Thanks gator. I'll readily admit that I don't understand leasing very well (although I'm trying to educate myself before visiting a dealer). This is what the ad says:

Closed-end lease for 2009 TL (Model UA8629JW) for $348 per month for 36 months with a $1,056.00 capitalized cost reduction.
    For the 2009 TL Tech (Model UA8659KW) for $399 per month for 36 months with a $1,005 cap cost available to customers who qualify for the AHFC Super Preferred credit tier. $1,999.00 total due at lease signing (includes security deposit, AHFC upfront acquisition fee, first month's payment, and capitalized cost reduction; total net capitalized cost and base monthly payment does not include taxes, license, title, registration, documentation fees, options, insurance and the like). Security deposit waived in lease example. Based on 10,000 miles per year. Not all buyers may qualify.

So is there a dealer contribution component to the cap cost?
  • oxford9oxford9 Member Posts: 13
    $348.00 per month with a cap cost reduction of $1,005 is about $50 less than the deal I saw advertised. Could you share with me the name of the dealer?

Thanks.
    DCH Montclair Acura in New Jersey. It seems to be about $50 less than the national advertisement on the acura website.
  • merlion0821merlion0821 Member Posts: 143
    Here is what I've been offered on an '09 Base model. MSRP $35,715. Selling price $32,896 (invoice), 12K miles per year. Monthly payment $434.64.

Out the door is $484.64 which is 1st months payment + $50 license, title, and doc.fee.

Residual is $22,857 (64%) with a money factor of .00197.

I'd appreciate any thoughts on this deal.
  • ForanemanForaneman Member Posts: 1
    Just wrapped up a lease on an 09 TL SH-AWD w/ TECH (Crystal black pearl w/ Umber leather interior--very sharp). The numbers:
    MSRP 42995.00
    Sell Price 41775.30 Acquisition fee 595.00
    Down payment 1050.59
    Adjusted cap cost 41319.71
    Residual (61%) 26226.95 for 36 mos/30 K miles
    Money factor is .00165
    Base monthly payment 530.69 + 5.5% WI sales tax
    Total MP = 559.88
    Out of pocket 2000.00 (includes down payment, 1st month, TTL)

This was the last SH-AWD w/ TECH on dealer's lot and no more coming until Feb. Many non-AWD TL's available, so perhaps better terms on those, but my wife loved the appearance of this color package and she felt more secure with AWD in snowy Wisconsin. Compared to Audi A4 Quattro, this has larger interior, better residual and money factor. Similar lease terms although Acura MSRP is $5000.00 greater, so satisfied with Acura deal.
    Looking forward to playing with the tech features. Drive home from dealer in snowstorm felt secure and stable.
    Full review to follow.
    Merlion...just got back from the dealer and was offered the following lease for a base TL with 12k miles per year:

MSRP $35,715. Selling price $31,999. Total cash down - $1,581.54 (includes first month payment, vehicle admin fee, registration service fee).

Monthly payment: 389.54.

It seems as though both deals are comparable. I would have to put more down but would have a lower monthly payment.

I have not yet attempted to negotiate. Do you think I could get it down at all?
  • billyperks2billyperks2 Member Posts: 378
    Thats a decent lease in regards to the time the was car released (approx.one month).The dealer here wanted to sell me the car for sticker hence making the monthly payment on a 36 month lease $679.00 (ha ha), I have the MF and residual on spreadsheet somewhere. I will wait some more because the GS is on my short list too, when I am ready I will take the Acura over to the Lexus dealer or vice versa and do a side by side comparison. Let us know your long term test.
  • nexyajanexyaja Member Posts: 7
    i have been offered a Tl (base), 36 month lease, with 15K miles per yr for $410/month with 1st payment and fees (~$1500) due at signing. Is it a good deal?
    I am also interested in RL (AWD)...how much more do you think it would be?
  • gator5000egator5000e Member Posts: 90
    I just drove both cars today, back to back. The RL first and the TL second. I am leasing a 2005 RL right now.

After the test rides, I just received lease offers on both cars, TL Tech lease (front wheel drive) and an RL with tech. The offer on the TL is as follows:

MSRP - $39,445
    Customer discount - $1,495
    Selling Price: $37,950
    Tax (6.5%) $2,366.99
    Tag/Reg $350
    Dealerr Fee $599
    Balance due $41,275

Lease terms are:
    MF: .00165
    Residual: 61%
    Residual $: $24,061
    Cap: $40,2033
    Payment: $594 (tax incld) w/ $0 down, 36 mo/12K miles;

RL
    MSRP: $50,660
    Customer Discount $4,259
    Selling Price: $46,400
    Tax $2,874
    Tag/Reg $350
    Dealer Fee: $599
    Balance due: $50,233

Terms
    MF: .00119
    Residual: 49%
    Residual $: $24,823
    Cap: $46,818
    Payment: $745 (w/tax) with $0 down for 36 mo/12K miles

These were the first offers I received. I have not presented a counter.

The test drives were interesting. The 2009 RL feels quicker and sportier in handling then my current RL. It is also quieter then my 2005.

The TL felt quick and had seemed to have a stiffer suspension and tighter handling and cornering. The interior materials are much better then the prior model, IMHO.

However, the main obvious, to me anyway, difference between the two 2009 cars is the highway/wind noise. Acura really did a great job with the noise reduction in the RL. The TL felt fairly loud in comparison. Probably, like my 2005 RL before I switched the tires (which helped a lot). The RL also feels more substantial to me (whether this is good or bad is up to you).

Sorry for the long post. I know this went far beyond what you asked, but I thought I would set this stuff forth to see what my local Central Florida dealer is making so you can make a comparison.
  • kball2kball2 Member Posts: 62
    I live in Ohio and I am working on a Base TL or possibly the TL Tech. I really have not been working the TL Tech deal very hard because this is not the direction I think I am going to go. Having said that I am at a monthly payment of $530.20 (including 6.75% sales tax) for 36 months, 10k per year, with ZERO down. "Gator" - based on this and other info that I have I believe you have room to move.

On the base TL I am at $459.72 (including 6.75% sales tax), 36 months, 10k per year with ZERO down. Residual % is 65%, money factor is .00197. I am still waiting for all the exact numbers. I have estimated a selling price of @ $33,607.

Does anyone have the invoice prices on the 2 models? I am showing $32,136 (base TL) and $35,556 (TL Tech). Are these correct?

DCH MontClair Acura (New Jersey) is advertising $299 per month with $1,999 due at signing (base TL) and $347 per month with $1,999 due at signing (TL Tech). Both are 36 months and 10k per year. At these rates I have estimated they are selling at below invoice.

I will keep you posted.
    I have to tell you I do not think that those prices advertised by DCH are realistic. I visited DCH, have excellent credit and was not offered a lease anywhere near those terms (although the lease I was offered was somewhat reasonable - 1,500 down (inc. 1st month payment), 389/month.

I was just offered a 36 month lease on a base TL for $1,850 down (incl. 1st month's payment), $370 per month, 12k miles per year. What does everyone think of this deal? Thanks!
    Are the per month payments you are quoting before tax?

Also - What happened at DCH Montclair? The deal they quoted you is not even close to what they are advertising?
    Any fees in the $1850 down, or just the 1st month's payment, and the rest being cap cost reduction? I'm assuming that the tax is also not included in the monthly payment? I'm also looking at leasing a base TL in the next few days. The dealer offered invoice price right up front before any negotiating.
    Actually, just finalized the lease deal. My down payment came to 1950, which includes everything. Payment is $370/month including taxes.
    My latset offer is $500 off MSRP for TL Tech AWD, residual 60%, MF .00165, $1750 out of pocket and the payments work out to be around $611.00.

Dealer wanted to go down lower on the selling price if I took delivery on the spot.

I would advise buyers to wait some more (around Spring) for prices to move closer to invoice.
    Jballs, if you wouldn't mind, could you please send me the details on the lease you were able to get? Cap cost, fee breakdown, money factor, etc., would be very helpful to me. I hope to wrap up a lease deal before the end of the year.

I'm in Ohio, and the tax here works differently than in most states, but at least I would be able to compare the other aspects of the deal.

The deal I'm being offered is invoice ($32,895) + $595 acquisition fee + 4950.86 up front tax. Total cap cost = $34,440.86. Residual for 36 month 12k miles/year (64%0 = $22,857.60. Money factor = .00197. Monthly payment = $434.64 with total due at signing $484.64 (1st month + 50 title & reg.).

Again if you could e-mail your details to merlion0821@(remove)hotmail.com, it would be appreciated. Thanks!
  • leaseboyleaseboy Member Posts: 5
    I live in the Cleveland area and will be picking up a base 2009 TL this week. 36 month lease at $445 per month (6.5% tax included) based on 15k per year. Total of about $725 due at closing including first month fee. My first offers on this vehicle started at over $500/month
    Looks like a good deal to me. I am at $459 per month with zero due at signing for a Acura TL base, 36 months, 10k per year. I believe I am going to be able to work that down to $445 or lower. I also am at $505 per month on a Acura TL Tech with zero due at signing, 10k per year.
  • lovcarslovcars Member Posts: 8
    I have negotiated the following deal on a 09 TL with Tech/Navi:

msrp: 39,445
    adj cap cost: 34,798
    residual: 62%
    csh down (includes first month): 1999
    monthly payment: 414 (not including taxes)

I have to decide today supposedly, to get this deal. Negotiated yesterday and have everything in writing. Could you guys please let me know what you think?
    Reputable dealership in SCA. Seems like some people have gotten lower cash down deals. Thanks for your help!!!
  • lovcarslovcars Member Posts: 8
    Left out a detail on my post above.
    money factor .00165.
    Thanks!
    Looks like a good deal. What is the selling price? It appears as if it should be real close to invoice.
    I stop by a dealer yesterday to look at the TL AWD TECH with the white and umber interior- VERY SHARP. They are still sticking to their price of $1k below MSRP, but for those of you interested in the TL TECH FWD, they are selling them for invoice.
  • ultrarunnerultrarunner Member Posts: 64
    I am new at this, so please go easy on me. I have negotiated the price on a 2009 TL to $500 under invoice. I now want them to use that price in calculating a lease, using the promo they are offering in my area. Their advertised terms are $399/mo, 36 mos, $1005 cap cost reduction, $1999 total due at signing (includes 1st mo payment with no sec dep, AHFC upfront acq fee and cap cost reduction) total net cap cost and base payment do not include tax, license title, reg, doc fees, opts, ins, etc. Lease is based upon MSRP of $35,715 less the cap cost reduction (which may be paid by the suggested dealer contribution) resulting in actual net cap cost of $33.552.76. Total monthly payments $14,364, Option to purchase at lease end $23,214.75.
    1. Does the terms of their lease mean I am paying a upfront acq fee of $1999-399-1005=$595?
    2. Will the dealer accept my negotiated price with all other aspects of the lease? In other words, I figure their deal is a .001634 money factor, and I am ok with the $1999, and the residual seems ok too. So re-running with the lower sale price of around $32,296, I get a lease payment of $301.40. All without tax, license title, reg, doc fees, opts, ins, etc. Will the dealer go for that?
    3. If they will, is that a good deal?
    I am ready to make the deal tomorrow, if you wise folks tell me the skinny. Thanks to all for your help.
    Hi ultrarunner. Honda Finance charges a $595 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases. All lessees have to pay this charge. You can pay it at lease signing or roll it into the car's capitalized cost to bake it into your monthly payment.

I see that the lease that you described includes a $1,005 capitalized cost reduction. It actually would be in your best interest not to make any sort of down payment on your lease. Lessees who make cap cost reductions risk losing part or all of them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Even though your monthly payment will be a little higher, you would be better off going with a zero down lease.

Acura is not providing any special cash incentives on this car that are not available with its special lease program, so I don't see why the price that you negotiated for a cash purchase of this car wouldn't be available if you leased it.

$500 under dealer invoice is a very attractive selling price for a 2009 Acura TL. Just make sure that the dealer uses its buy rate lease money factor to calculate your monthly payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
  • nubbin4nubbin4 Member Posts: 6
    I plan on trading in my van for ~$5000 and going into a TL lease. I realize it never makes sense to put any money down on a lease although - after the expected Honda Bank fee and ~$1500 cap cost reduction - I will have ~$3000 "left over". Is there any options for me other than reducing cap cost further? Would a dealer ever cut me a check versus putting all of my trade-in value towards the lease? Can I prepay a few monthly payments up front versus reducing the monthly nut [thus reduce my long-term stolen / totaled risk?] Also - are there any other popular terms other than 36 months - perhaps 39 or 42? Ideally would like to have my lease come off at the end of the summer plus the TL has a 48-month warranty. Thanks in advance to all.
    Hi nubbin4. There's nothing wrong with using some of the proceeds from your trade to pay the typical things that you have to pay at lease signing, like your first month's payment, security deposit, and acquisition fee. However, that really all you should pay. Don't use anything that's leftover as a capitalized cost reduction. You should be able to have the dealer cut you a check for any equity that is left.

Acura's special lease program on the 2009 TL is only available for a maximum of 39 months. It doesn't make sense to lease this car for longer than that because its 39 or 42 month money factors would be significantly higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • mikeinmentormikeinmentor Member Posts: 2
    What dealership did you deal with? How do you like the car? How does it compare to the TL with the Tech package?
  • JayManCpaJayManCpa Member Posts: 28
    I'm new to this forum. Does anyone have a guess on what SHAWD w/tech will be renting out at come Oct/Now. I'm guessing they will want to get rid of the 09's and maybe they will come down some. I'm not looking to pay more than mid 500..
This discussion has been closed.