Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Lease Questions

Comments

• leaseboyleaseboy Member Posts: 5
    Acura dealership in Bedford. Love the car, however I am having a strange audio issue. When listening to XM the back speakers work poorly resulting in weak sound quality. Went to the dealership today and they said the stereo is fine and the problem is with XM. This does not make sense. Curious if other '09 TL owners have similar problems
  • billyperks2billyperks2 Member Posts: 378
    Can someone confirm?
    I just spoke to my dealer and they informed that the MF for January is .0025 or 6 %, is this correct? Last month it was .00165 or 3.96%.I thought things were bad for the Auto Industry, shouldnt they be looking to keep the rates competitive?
  • TeachndocTeachndoc Member Posts: 8
    It would appear that tightening credit markets are moving TL lease numbers up. Strange considering that TL sales were down in December. Here are the numbers that I got from Island Acura on Long Island for a front wheel TL w/Tech. Looks as though I will wait to see if AHFC offers any additional incentives. Love the car, not the numbers.

From Island Acura

Wish I could say it was better....but it's not !! If we
    structure it with only the Bank fee & 1st payment upfront,
    the front-wheel - Tech would be 39 x 10,000 thru AHFC
    and the payment would be $528 ! Plus....this program is
    only offered till 2/2/09.....
    Will keep you immediately informed if AHFC comes out
    with any enhanced programs....Thanks...
  • amy9amy9 Member Posts: 13
    How can I find out the residual and money factor's for the 09 TL AWD Tech? Thanks so much!
  • polyvwpolyvw Member Posts: 55
    Can you get me the numbers for a 2009 Acura TL Base and Base w/ tech package?

Looking at a 36 or 39 month lease with 15k miles/yr.

Pulling the trigger soon on this deal, any help is appreciated.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi billyperks2. Acura's new January lease program is indeed worse than its December lease program was for most models. This is not completely surprising given the fact that vehicles' residual values fall as the model year progresses, particularly at the beginning of a new quarter or a new year. However, manufacturers often lower their money factors in an effort to offset some or all of this natural deop in residual values. Acura did not do that here, in fact its money factors for January are higher.

What it did do, however, is introduce new or higher lease cash on a number of models. This new cash is not enough to offset the worse lease program, but it helps. It is now providing a $500 cash incentive on leases of the base 2009 TL and $1,000 on the '09 TL Tech.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi amy9. I can help you out with the information that you are looking for. This car's lease program varies by term and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what either of these variables are, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different.

Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 TL AWD Tech with 15,000 miles per year are .00250 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 dealer cash that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, polyvw. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2009 Acura TL with 15,000 miles per year are .00250 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '09 TL Tech are .00250 and 57%. If you were to lease either of these cars for 39 months, their money factors would be the same, but their residual values would be 1% lower.

Acura is now providing $500 dealer cash on the '09 TL and $1,000 on the '09 TL Tech. Make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating the capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Car Man - in your experience, will the numbers be better next month...I guess what i'm asking is, can they get any worse? I noticed that the 1,000 dealer cash is available till 2/2 so would it be best to wait and see if the numbers get better and purchase before 2/2 to take advantage of the dealer cash?

How can i get the numbers for February as soon as they come out?

What are most people getting for the capitalized cost on 09 TL awd tech...invoice, below invoice?

Thanks so much! I appreciate your help!!!!
  • gforce11gforce11 Member Posts: 225
    I'm not car_man but I can say that in my experience, the lease rates should improve in the next couple of months. I personally wouldn't lease a TL right now unless you really needed a car right now.
  • AcuratexanAcuratexan Member Posts: 16
    I just received this email.. your thoughts and comments. Not sure what the "rent charge is".

"What a Lease Special" * that will be available between January 23rd and February 1st. Take a look at the monthly payments and pay attention to the low Total due at signing!

2009 Acura TL Lease
    Lease a 2009 Acura TL for only $359 per month

In order to take advantage of the What a Lease Special Program you need to sign your contract between January 22nd and February 1st. Total due at signing and payments include all taxes and fees except for the rent charge.
  • lax29lax29 Member Posts: 42
    I have also been seeing post on various message boards suggesting a special on lease until Feb 2. Any idea what the specifics are? Thanks for your input.
    Hi amy9. Acura's January lease program is currently scheduled to run through March 2nd. As a result, it is unlikely that its February program will be different from its current one, but you never know. When manufacturers' make unscheduled changes to their incentive programs, they usually get better...not worse. So you probably don't have much to lose by waiting until February to get your new TL. I have to add the disclaimer though that it is very difficult to predict exactly what automakers will do with their future programs.

Please feel free to check back with me next week and I will be happy to let you know if Acura has made any changes.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Acuratexan. I suppose that it is possible that Acura made an unscheduled enhancement to its lease program on the TL that I haven't heard about yet...it is unlikely. I will look into this and see what I can dig up. If Acura didn't make any revisions to its January lease program, there's no reason to hurry to finalize your deal before February 1st. Acura's current lease program was scheduled to run through March 3rd.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey lax29. I suppose that it is possible that Acura made an unscheduled enhancement to its lease program on the TL last weekend that I haven't heard about yet...but it is unlikely. I will look into this and see what I can dig up. If Acura didn't make any revisions to its January lease program, there's no reason to hurry to finalize your deal before February 2nd. Acura's current lease program was scheduled to run through March 3rd.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_man... I appreciate all the advice I can get. I spoke to my current Acura dealer and he offered me a basic 09 TL with $1500 down (total I believe) and $494 monthly, and 10 k yearly. I am attempting to get the same deal with 12k miles but they are asking for $300 more down or $507 a month. Don't want to do either. What are the most important factors to consider on thie deal?
  • corndawgcorndawg Member Posts: 21
    That sounds pretty high. With all the promotions right now, cant you get
    the SH-AWD w/tech for that price?
  • corndawgcorndawg Member Posts: 21
    What is the total due at signing on the "what a lease" deal? How many months is that?
    Wow, a better deal?? I wish I could find a dealer to offer me what you just mentioned. Trust me, I wouldn't mind the SH-AWD w/tech if i could get my Austin dealer to upgrade the offer. If anyone has had the luck with a similiar lease please let me know. My lease is up April 1st, so I can still research and be patient.
    Supposedly $1500 down, on a 39 month lease.
  • diddy_nycdiddy_nyc Member Posts: 4
    This is what I was quote for via phone from Curry Acura.

2009 Acura TL AWD Tech with HTP @ $43,900 for 572 per month
    The terms 39 months.
    1500 out of pocket.

not sure if this is accurate.
  • alliecat1alliecat1 Member Posts: 11
    In the last few days, the best quote i've gotten for the TL with Tech (MSRP 39,445) in los angeles, is $1000 drive off and $500 a month including tax. this is for 10k miles a year and for 39 months. While i think that is a great deal, considering the industry climate i'm sure in the next few months, better incentives and interest deals will be available.

the cap cost quotes i've received have ranged from $35,000 to 34,300
    the various sales guys have mentioned the $1000 cash rebate as well as $700 hold back. I also think that the money factor is really high for january .0025 considering that one of the sales guys told me that last month for tier 1 credit, it was .0009!

Hoping for new February Money Factor numbers!!!!!!
    Honda Financing sets the Money Factor and Residuals? These are non-negotiable as i understand it.

However, are the mileage allowances (10k vs. 12k) independent of the residual value?
    because i'm getting different residual quotes based solely on the mileage:
    i.e. for the 09 tl with tech, for 39 months - @ 10k mileage it is 59% residual and for 12k mileage it is 58% residual.

Is this right? does honda financing set a residual based on a fixed mileage amount (15k). or am i getting screwed?

just learning the facts... feedback is appreciated. i love this site. what great info to help us compare facts and offers.
    mileage and residuals go hand in hand,the higher the mileage the lower the residuals.
    Hey Acuratexan. The two most important variables to focus on when negotiating a lease are a vehicle's selling price and the money factor that is being used to calculate its monthly payment. These are dealers' two main profit centers on leases.

The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number, it is difficult to tell how much of a dealer discount you are being given. If I was in the market for a new TL right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice minus the $500 dealer cash that is currently available on the base model.

Once you have arrived at a selling price that you are comfortable with, have the dealer calculate your monthly payment using Honda Finance's buy rate lease money factor of .00250 (for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier).

Car_man
    Host
  • shyamyshyamy Member Posts: 23
    Hi folks,
    I have been following this forum for a few weeks now and have gained a lot from it!

Had a basic question - apologise if it has been asked and answered before! :(

When I go to a dealer to get a quote, he asks me for a credit check. If I do that, then how bad is the hit on my credit report? Is it better to do all the shopping just before buying? or can I keep checking out the new stuff and getting quotes all along and pull the trigger when I get a good deal? If each credit check is going to be a hit on my report, then are there any suggestions on how the experts in this forum go about it?

I'm on the lookout for a new Acura but not really in need right now - however, happy to go for it if I get a good deal.
    Thanks for reading! Replies appreciated!

--Shyam
    First off- no dealer should be checking your credit just for a quote on a price.
    The only time the dealer should check your credit is when you actually agree upon a price and a deposit is made with an application for credit.

Word of advise- know your own credit score before you walk into any dealership, this way you better know what Tier you fall into in regards to getting a low APR for financing or a low lease rate money factor.
  • shyamyshyamy Member Posts: 23
    Thanks for the reply.

When I went to the Acura dealership, the guy showed me a board which said they cannot quote any price till they check my credit!
    I know my own score and told him so but in reply he pointed to the board :)
    So I guess I should check out a few more dealerships around.
    Walk away- there are other ways to get quotes- you can email several dealership in your area right here on Edmunds.
  • 10sfan10sfan Member Posts: 136
    The TL sales were down by 31.5% for January 2009, so hopefully they will make some adjustments to move this model from their inventory. I will also wait and see what they do to make this more attractive of a leasing arrangement.
    Now that they are moving down on price, move the money factor back to .00165, this way units will move off the lots.
  • 540dude540dude Member Posts: 38
    Car Man:

Can you tell us the February 2009 money factors and residual values for a 2009 TL? The proposed lease is 39 months and 12K miles per year.

Thanks!
    awd tech-.00265 58%
    Hi CarMan,

Can you tell me the February MF and residual for a 2009 TL AWD Tech for 36 month lease and 15,000 miles?

Also, is the $1000 Dealer Cash still active?

How much over/under invoice would you shoot for on the capitalized cost?

Thanks so Much!!!!!!!!! :)
  • bentdocbentdoc Member Posts: 4
    First, thanks for all your work - it's been tremendously educational.

I'm looking for an '09 TL with Nav/tech pkg. (Not SH-AWD).

The local leasing outfits are offering 39 mo,10k mi/yr (which is plenty for me) $0 down for $455/month before NYS taxes, $504/month including taxes.

(They're offering the base TL, same terms, for $399/mo).

Is this reasonable, or should be negotiating with the local dealer?

Thanks again.
    How much Drive-Off does your deal for the 09 Tech non-AWD include? Because usually they say $0 down, and then start you at $2400 drive-off with a low monthly fee.

If your deal is indeed $0 drive off/ $0 down and $455/month than that is a really great deal! The best deal i got a week ago was $1000 drive off/ 0 down, and $462 a month (w/o tax). Since the money factors;residuals stayed the same for February, not much has changed.... i'm still in a holding pattern until March numbers come out.
    alliecat1: Exactly how does your $1000 drive-off break down?

With my broker, the only Drive-Off fees are cost for plates and first month's lease payment.

No security deposit, no cap-cost reduction. No bank charge - it's rolled into the lease payment.

I think this is as close to $0 down as possible, no?
    Bentdoc:
    The drive-off for the TL TECH (no awd) included: DMV reg fees, first month, and some other costs and fees. I didn't get a chance to really drill down to every $ yet because everytime i talk to a sales guy, they would give hedgy answers....they have no problem giving the sales price, $ down, and monthly. It is not until i start inquiring into residual values and money factors that the salemen i have been dealing with get a bit more sketchy. So, has been a bit more challenging getting full disclosure in all fees (i know for sure...acquisition fee:$695).

Regardless, after running the basic numbers, i still think that $1000 dirve off and $460-ish a month was a great deal. But i'm still waiting another month to see if i could do a bit better.

If your deal is $0 up front at all with that $462/month, that is a really good deal.

Do you know what the sales price this is based on?

thanks.
    I just got a new quote from a local dealer - sale price $35k even (that's below invoice)
    same package as above (all taxes, bank and acq. fee included) - $510/month.

Only initial fees are plates and 1st month lease payment.
    I got a quote for the same price in Feb. 35k for the TL TECH. I was waiting to see if they were going to drop the financing to 2.9 for 60 or offer more $$$. I think I could price it for a few hundred less at another dealership???
  • chicago1231chicago1231 Member Posts: 4
    Was quoted the following for 39 month lease in Chicago area:

$573 or $525 @ 12k miles/yr
    $591 or $543 @ 15k mles/yr

$2750 down (to cover taxes), plus first payment and license fees
    Includes GAP insurance to cover the vehicle in case of a loss
    No disposition fee at lease end
    No security deposit with approved credit
    Up to $1500 excess wear/tear waived at lease end

Seems high?
    What's your sale price? I was quoted a lease last month for a 15k, 36mth(?) lease and the down was $1000 and 590 per month.
    Thats way too high for that trim level. I was quoted a selling price price of $40,572 for a awd tech, 12k per year 36 months.Drive off fees $1721. and monthly$557.00
  • hotjohnhotjohn Member Posts: 11
    There is a lease package available in Nevada listed as the following....I'm looking for comments as to being a fair deal or what.
    The car has a MSRP of $39,445..$449 per month..39 months $1855 down payment..$0 security deposit..10000 mi per year.
    $2899 due at signing which includes first month and doc fees.

Lease is through Honda corp.

Car man what do you think?
  • rzurawikrzurawik Member Posts: 13
    John,
    I live in So Cal here is the quote I got for the same car (msrp 39,445)

$1000.00 drive off
    467.49 plus tax per month
    15,000 miles
    39 months

Rob
  • automan999automan999 Member Posts: 9
    Guys MSRP does not mean anything on a lease, what is the cap cost on the car???That determines your payment, along with the money factor, and res. value.
  • hotjohnhotjohn Member Posts: 11
    Thank you Rob and automan for your replies about the lease.

Rob, what area of CA did you find this? Did you have to negotiate this or was this a special lease program in CA?
    The one I was offered was through Honda Corp which I thought was a nation wide lease...they had the bare TL at $399 and then I found this one for $449 ..it's the TL with the Tech package.

Automan..how do I find the numbers you asked about since this is a special lease program through Honda Financial ? Can this be negociated?
    John,

Rob's numbers are good, best price I've got so far on the TL-Tech is $35,316.00, where you are getting screwed is the down, or drive off, that should only be the first months $449+tax+registration= around $800.00 total drive off. I don't know how much you drive but Rob is figuring 15,000 per year thats why his payment is alittle higher. As long as I am here CARMAN what is the current money factor, and res.with 15000 miles, on the TL Base, and Tech, is it still 0.00250?
    Wrong- the MSRP is a factor in a lease calculation.The residual is based off the MSRP and not the Capitalized cost.Thats the bad part in lease calculations because they combine the residual cost and the cap cost then multipy that number by the money factor to figure out the interest.
    Let me ask a question what changes from dealer to dealer? Cap Cost, not residual value, that is set by Honda Finance, yes it is based on the MSRP, but again that will not change from dealer A, to Dealer B, what you can change as a consumer is the cap cost with on money down. His price will never change if he is quoted MSRP, what changes his monthly payment drastically is the cap cost, and obviously money factor, that was my point, NITPICKER
This discussion has been closed.