Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    mespresmespres Member Posts: 6
    I have an offer from a Long Island dealer for a lease of a Base TL with Tech for $499.00 per monthfor 36 months and 12k - nothing down and pay first month, tags and bank fee up front.

Does this sound like a good deal?
  • Options
    sjd3sjd3 Member Posts: 12
    Carman/friends:

In southern california i was offfered the following deal on a 09 TL AWD / tech, 15k miles, 36 months, $1000 drive off, money factor is .00237, residual is 54% of MSRP ($42,995.00) and the selling price (net cap cost) of $38,200.00. They tell me the monthly payment will be 579.69 per month plus tax. Is this a good deal ?? How should i respond. Thanks gang.. scott
  • Options
    Acura 2009.... where did you get your offer from? Im looking for the same deal as you. Im in southern calif. the best offer i have is $579/mo with $1000 down for 36 months. Selling price they tell me is $38,200.00, 15k miles.
  • Options
    Carman, fellows car buffs:
    Got a final proposal for the 09 Acura TL SHAWD with tech, with 15K miles, 36 months and $1000 due at signing.... monthly payment will be $550 per month plus tax for a total payment of about $594.00 per month, based on a net cap cost of $37,500. Now here is the kicker, I told them that the front end "smiley face" look with the chrome/metal finish grill looks really bad. So they will have the front grill factory painted without any additional cost. I figured that was about a $300 paint job savings from a body shop. A painted grill to match the color of the car looks very nice and much better than the stock ugly grill. I researched this matter extensively and i think this is the best you can expect for the SHAWD/TECH with a painted grill thrown in. What do you all think?
  • Options
    KymberleeKymberlee Member Posts: 29
    No it does not sound like a good deal --- It should be around $450.00 plus tax. In Florida we have 6% tax. This is with nothing down. Remember to shoot for invoice minus $2,000.

Also this is for everyone on this site---BEWARE OF THE DEALER FEES. This is extra profit for these guys. This weekend, Rick Case Acura in Florida tried to slip in dealer fees of approx. $600!!!!! on my lease. READ YOUR CONTRACTS VERY CARFULLY WHEN YOU SIT DOWN WITH THE FINANCE GUY. THIS IS HOW THE START CHANGING THE NUMBERS ON YOU!!!
  • Options
    automan999automan999 Member Posts: 9
    This is an e-amil I got today from Acura of Thousand Oaks, CA - We would like to extend an offer we have not had in months to our valued Internet client base.

All 2009 TL TECH packages in stock now only $32995.00 plus tax and lic.

Lease payments with only 2500.00 total out of pocket is
    10,000 miles @ 379.00 plus tax.
    12,000 miles @ 389.00 plus tax
    15,000 miles @ 412.00 plus tax

This is the best time to buy or lease before the TAX increase and double the license fees!

We have a large selection to chose and look forward from hearing back from you.

Hope this helps, I may do this deal soon.
  • Options
    kewlajkewlaj Member Posts: 3
    Will it be fair if I ask for the same deal from a dealer in MD?
  • Options
    luk4my09tltekluk4my09tltek Member Posts: 5
    Carman, going through current negotitations with my dealer, I noticed that the MF dramactically dropped yesterday to move more cars off the lot.

Do you have the newest rates for for the TL, and TL with Tech. This information should help everyone one out in their current pricing efforts. Thx...
  • Options
    automan999automan999 Member Posts: 9
    kewlaj

Of course, ask for a better deal, but remember this dealer in CA, has 128 TL's in stock, 75% TL Tech's if your dealer has 3, he may not go for it. Also noticed someone posted about a drop in M/F from Honda Fin, is this true, and what is the current M/F on a 36 mo 15,000 lease for a TL, and TL Tech.

Thanks
  • Options
    kewlajkewlaj Member Posts: 3
    automan999

TY for the reply... what is M/F sorry I'm a noob
  • Options
    M/F stands for Money Factor... The prior MF on the TL Tech was at .00237 that has since been reduced. If anyone knows the newly revised amount, please post for all. Thxxxx,
  • Options
    mjf70mjf70 Member Posts: 5
    been quoted the following but think i can do better, please commnet

2009 TL Tech, 36 month, 15k miles per year, $2500 total out of pocket and 435 a month plus tax

selling price of 34,000, residual of 56% and money factor of .00237, been told this $2316 under invoice

dealer wont break out the 2500 cost other than first month, inceptions, document and Motor vehicle fees this is a NJ dealer

or

all the same above but 2000 down and 449 a month plus tax, this is a PA dealer
  • Options
    zorbs99zorbs99 Member Posts: 6
    I want my payment uner $400. I am looking to do a sign and drive, just pay the taxes, fees, and first month. I have a deal with a Honda Acord EXL V6 for $370 a month, or $390 for the 2 door coupe! Nothing down, except first and last month payment and bank fees,total out of pocket is $1000!! The coupe in black on black is real nice. I like the acura TL however I cant get a good deal. Is the Acura TL that much better than the Honda Acord EXL V6 ?
  • Options
    AXM23AXM23 Member Posts: 64
    I called my dealer. I was advsied that Honda would never change the MF mid-month. As such, the MF is still .00237.
  • Options
    CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    I'd be happy to help you out, AXM23. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Acura TL AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00237 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier. The money factor for a 12k lease is the same, but the residual value is 2% higher.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the dealer cash that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Options
    Hi wine4et. Let's take a look at the deals that you were offered. The dealer invoice price for a base 2009 Acura TL is $32,136 if one subtracts the available $1,000 dealer cash from that we're at $31,136. the selling price that you were quoted is a couple hundred dollars over that. As long as the dealer is using Honda Finance's buy rate lease money factor, .00237 for top tier customers, to calculate your monthly payment this is a good deal.

The dealer invoice price of an '09 TL Tech is $35,556. There's $2,000 dealer cash on the Tech model, so that drops the invoice to around $33,556. You were quoted a selling price of right around that. Of the two cars, this is the better deal. The fact that the dealer was willing to sell you a Tech for that close to invoice leads me to believe that you might be able to shave another couple hundred dollars off of the base model if you drove a hard bargain.

Either way, as long as the dealer is using the buy rate to calculate your payments both off these offers are very reasonable.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi sjd3. does the car that you are looking at have any dealer-installed options? It must because the MSRP of an '09 TL AWD Tech is only $42,235. The dealer invoice price of this car is $38,812. If one subtracts the available $2,000 dealer cash from that it drops to around $36,812. The selling price that you were quoted is too high. If I was in the market for this car right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice.

Once you have arrived at a selling price that you are comfortable with, make sure that the dealer calculates your car's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor of .00237 (for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier).

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Sjd3 the dealer invoice price of a 2009 Acura TL AWD with Tech is $38,812. If one subtracts the available two grand in dealer cash from that it drops to $36,812. If we then add in the $300 paint job to that rises to $37,112. That's fairly close to the $37,500 that you were quoted, so this deal looks reasonable to me. Just make sure that the dealer calculates your monthly payment using Honda Finance's buy rate lease money factor of .00237 (for top tier customers) and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi luk4my09tltek. According to the latest information that I have seen, and I just spoke with a few Acura dealers a couple off days ago for an update, Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor for the 2009 Acura TL is .00237 for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Is this in line with what you were told? If not, I'll check again to see if Acura has made any changes.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hey AXM23. To say that Acura would never change its programs mid-month is incorrect. While such an event is uncommon, I definitely have seen Honda Finance make mid-month enhancements in the past. Having said this, I am not aware of any recent enhancements on the TL program.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    csrxcsrx Member Posts: 3
    Which dealer in NJ offered you the $33,833.71 price? Was that including destination?

Which dealer did you end up buying/leasing the car from?
    I'm not sure if you still frequent the board, so would anybody else know?

Thanks.
  • Options
    Carman, my deal was sweetened by this event. Based on the other posts, maybe the Residual was increased instead of the MF. Regardless, my payments came down for which I am happy.

Here is the deal I signed for my 09 TL Tech in California.

FYI, Since I did not qualify for Super Preferred because my Credit
    Score was between 700 and 710, they gave me only Preferred
    at the higher Money Factor which I why stated there was a
    change in the MF, as also illustrated by their TL Tech Ad
    on the Acura Website for $429.00 Per Month.

Here the breakdown of my deal with $2000.00 out of pocket.

MSRP 39445.00
    Base Cap Cost 33755.00
    Costs Added to Lease 624.00
    Cap Cost Reduction 1101.00
    Adjusted Cap Cost 33278.00
    Residual 23273.00
    Money Factor .00237
    Term 36 Mos
    Sales Tax 8.25%

Monthly Payment wTax 445.93

Love the Car.
    Worth the Money you save versus cars in its class. Enjoy Brothers & Sisters...
  • Options
    zepnedzepned Member Posts: 7
    It was DCH Montclair Acura (talk to Walter). I will go and pickup the car
    tomorrow.

The price of 33833.71 includes destination. My tax in NJ was $2368.36
    and they charged me $206.50 for Document/Tire fees, and $262.50 for
    State MV fees for a grand total of $36671.07.

I tried to negotiate some more or get some freebies but the manager
    would not budge an inch offering me some keychains instead.
  • Options
    sulax51sulax51 Member Posts: 1
    Trying to figure out if I got a good deal or not
    Term = 36 mo & 15K miles per year
    Price = 33755
    MF = .00237
    Residual = .56
    Acq fee = 595
    Govt fee = 229
    Taxes 2031
    Doc Fee = 95

Payment is 545.33

This is with no down payment, just 545.33 due at signing. It seems higher than everyone else, but I live in Maryland so tax may be higher.
  • Options
    zepnedzepned Member Posts: 7
    Hard to say if you got a good deal or not because I only asked for 12k miles and not 15k miles.

Since I paid $396/mo. w/4k down, with $0k down, the cost would have been about $510 for 12k miles.

My money factor was also .00237 and my residual was 58%. I can buy the car for $22878.10 after 3 years.

Its a wonderful car and I love it.
  • Options
    hotlanta2hotlanta2 Member Posts: 27
    I thought this was a pretty good deal from Jackson Acura (ask for Paul). I didn't pull the trigger due to job issues.

2009 Acura TL TECH Silver / Taupe with Protection.
    36 months
    15,000 miles
    $863 at sign (including first month payment)
    $492 + tax (492+34.44= $526.44) WAC.
    $482 + tax w/o pro pack = $515.74
  • Options
    bluevaliantbluevaliant Member Posts: 1
    Folks,

I'm a newbie here. I just got a lease quote today and not sure whether this is the best deal.

$425 for 36 months
    10k miles per year
    $2900 down

I saw a better deal at Montclair Acura in NJ. They have $399 with $999 down.

Now sure what is included in the down payment (cap, 1st payment, etc...). Will this be all spelled in the lease agreement?. I still have to pay tax and other fees on the car, correct?

Thanks
  • Options
    squared1squared1 Member Posts: 6
    Does anyone know if the $2000 dealer incentive will carry into April?
  • Options
    Also does anyone know if Honda Finance will lower the MF for April
  • Options
    sam_ksam_k Member Posts: 201
    Car_man,

Can you please give me the April leasing terms for the 2009 TL SH-AWD with the technology package? I'm interested in 24, 36 and 39 month leasing terms for 12K and 10K miles per year. This will be the last month I'll ask for figures because the extension on my 2006 M45 lease expires this month. Thanks in advance.

Sam
  • Options
    ozzynyc1ozzynyc1 Member Posts: 18
    Zorbs99, comparing honda to acura is just like comparing nissan to infinity or toyota to lexus.....Yes, the differences are significant in almost everything other than the engine....Materials, features, level of detail, quality, etc, etc...so YES, Acura is 100 times better than an Accord....It looks different, it feels different, and for sure, it drives different...

P.S. The best i could get in NY for 36 months, 15k miles, for Base with Tech pkg is $3k out of pocket (including bank fee + first month + dmv + bs doc fees) is $440+tax...Now, having $1500 loyalty from HVT (i'm an acura whore, this is my 3rd TL), made my out of pocket only $1500, which made it a great deal.... ;)
  • Options
    I am in NY - which dealer did you use.
  • Options
    martylibmartylib Member Posts: 3
    Was this for a TL TECH that listed for $39,445. This sounds like a good deal especially for 15K miles per year. I am trying to lease one now in NJ and got a price of 467 for 12 miles with 2K down.
  • Options
    ozzynyc1ozzynyc1 Member Posts: 18
    I got the car from Plaza Automall in Crooklyn. The sales folks and manager are decent people, and believe me i know most large dealers in Brookyn.

Toyota, Nissan and others especially in Bay Ridge are crooks. Even Nissan of Red Bank in NJ are the among the worst crooks, and that's not even Brooklyn any more. Staten Island dealeships are among the worst (don't even think of going to Honda or Nissan of Staten Island, they'll rip you off in a minute). You've been warned.

Plaza Mall Acura guys are decent, if they say they got the car, then they have it. It was a TL with Tech, 15K miles, 36 months, total ouf of pocket $1500 (but remember that Acura paid another $1500 loyalty).....They charged taxes up front so the Acura covered my taxes, and i wound up with $478 a month (tax not really included, but i don't care)...There was no way to do a deal at $478 w/ tax, and 0 out of pocket.......

The car is freaking sweet...It drives much softer than my '05 TL, it felt like you sitting on rocks in the back in '05 model, it's also more responsive. The tech package is worth every penny, even if it would cost an extra $1k i would still get it!!! Honda thought of every detail in this car. Grab it, you won't regret it..
  • Options
    ksopherksopher Member Posts: 6
    Does anyone have the April 2009 money factor (super preferred tier) for the TL? I'm planning on a 36 month lease on the FWD tech package. Thanks!
  • Options
    alliecat1alliecat1 Member Posts: 11
  • Options
    Thank you alliecat1. Taking delivery on Monday - FWD w/Tech. Can't wait! Still need to settle on a color though. Have it narrowed down to PMM, Palladium, Black, Grigio, or Borealis Blue...decisions, decisions... :)
  • Options
    seatoyotasalesseatoyotasales Member Posts: 36
    I too am having a hard time picking a color. Had black...several cars, never again, silver or white are my choices right now. The light blue looks horrible in my opinion...kind of a weak baby blue. Grigio has a hint of green in it. Polished metal would be my probably 3rd choice. But if you like maintaining a paint job then go for the black but EVERY scratch will show. Also, down the road for resale value your "staple" colors will sell better--white, silver, grey, black.

Just my .02 cents for you.
  • Options
    And the winner is... Grigio with Ebony interior. The dealer (Norris Acura - Ellicott City MD) happened to have all the ones I was interested in lined up on the lot, so it was easy to stand back and compare. Borealis was way too blue - old ladies only need apply. The black is too flat, and my wife's flat black MDX shows every scratch, so that was out. I liked the ebony interior - it always looks clean no matter what my kids do in the car (they're 10 and 12) - which helped to eliminate the Palladium and PMM. Both are really sharp colors, but the dark interior is very visible in the car, which overpowered the silver and light gray exteriors (window tinting could help). Also, the PMM was lighter gray than my Volvo, which is already a mid-line gray. So it was an easy decision for me to go with the Grigio. Funny, my wife swears the Grigio looked more straight "charcoal gray" but the PMM had a hint of blue in it. Guess it may be the lighting when you look at them, or what you had for lunch. We were outside on a partly cloudy day. Either way, it's a solid roundup of colors to choose from. Lucky to have the problem. Took delivery this afternoon and LOVE it. It's supposed to rain the next two days so I guess I'll leave it in the garage and wait to return the off-lease Volvo after the weather clears up.

Thanks all to the posts in this group and specifically replies to my messages.

Now a proud poppa of a 09 TL FWD w/Tech Package, Grigio w/Ebony :)

If you're buying in the Baltimore, Hartford, Frederick, or Montgomery areas of central Maryland, I can't recommend Norris Accura more highly (Route 40 off of I-29 at the I-70 interchange). This is our third Acura, second from Norris, and it's been top-knotch in every way. Call and ask for the internet group guys - If you did your homework ahead of time they'll get you to your price. If you're going out to Frankel, from Owings Mills, Pikesville or Towson, it's only and extra 2-5 miles to Norris and well worth the experiene.

Keep up the good work and thanks again.
  • Options
    1001001SOS1001001SOS Member Posts: 7
    Dear Car_man,

Can you please give me the April residual and MF (36 months and 12,000 per) for the 2009 TL SH-AWD Tech? Thanks in advance.

Jeff
  • Options
    Congratulations on getting your new TL, luk4my09tltek. Thanks for taking the time to let us all know how everything turned out. If you'd like, you can stop by the Dealer Ratings & Reviews discussion to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience as well. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Welcome bluevaliant. You definitely should have the dealer spell out exactly what is included in the amount that is due at lease signing before getting to the point of looking at the contract. I always advise consumers to put as little money as possible down when leasing. Those who make large down payments risk losing part or all if them if their vehicle is totaled in an accndent or stolen and never recovered. Even though it means that your monthly payment will be higher, it is much saver to go with a zero down lease.

Dealers in New Jersey have to add sales tax to cars' monthly payments, but it is impossible for me to know whether this has already been done on the $425 payment that you were quoted. Make sure to find out if it already includes sales tax before proceeding.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Yes, squared1, The dealer cash, $1,000 on base models & $2,000 on models with Tech, is still available in April.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    The Acura TL's special lease money factor is exactly the same in April as it was in March.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    I'd be happy to help you out, Sam. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2009 Acura TL AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00237 and 65%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00237 and 59%. The money factor for a 39 month lease jumps to a less attractive ,00300.

All of the above money factors are for consumers who qualify for Honda Finance's top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier. Its 10,000 mile per year residual values are 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Congratulations on getting your new TL, ksopher. It certainly sounds like you had a pleasant dealer experience. Make sure to stop by the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on this dealer with others. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi Jeff. Here's the information that you're looking for. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Acura TL AWD with Tech and 12,000 miles per year are .00237 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $2,000 dealer cash that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    billyperks2billyperks2 Member Posts: 378
    In message #1887 you said the residual for 36 month, 12K miles , TL AWD is 59%.
  • Options
    amy9amy9 Member Posts: 13
    The values in message #1887 are not for the TL with the Tech package...Is this the reason for the 3% difference in those residual values?
  • Options
    amy9amy9 Member Posts: 13
    Does anyone know if the residual value would apply to the splash guards ($153 + installation) and the Leather Select Knob ($122 + installation) for the 09 TL AWD tech? I know most accessories items do not have residual value and some do...these sounds like items that might fall into the "do" category.

Also, I read a post in March that if you are a current Acura lessee you can get an additional $1500 reduction? Is this true and if so is it still current for April?

Thanks so much! I really appreciate your help!
This discussion has been closed.