Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Lease Questions

Comments

• jp29jp29 Member Posts: 1
    From FL and am in the market for a 2010 tl w/tech pkg w/12k miles/yr, no down payment. Will only be giving first month, tax, tag on inception. They've quoted me $35488 or $36488 w/18" rims. What am I looking at as far as payments are concerned?
  • lrobustelrobuste Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking for the money factors and residual on a 3 year or 4 year lease with 15K and how that equates to a monthly payment with $0 down.

I'm seriously considering a 4 year lease with 15K. My last car I had 3 year with 15K and found that I needed brakes and new tires just before my lease. I feel by using the 4 year, I'll at least get the value of those purchases. Any thoughts?
  • davidfrommiamidavidfrommiami Member Posts: 3
    I've been leasing out an '08 TL for the past 15 months and VERY happy with it. A few days ago, I received a mailer from my original dealer's competitor saying they need my car so they can replenish their used/ pre-owned fleet and I'd be able to upgrade to a 2010 model for little or no extra $. I went yesterday to the dealer to see if this was too good to be true.

Long story short....

My leased 2008 TL is now theirs! They bought the '08 TL & terminated my lease.

I was paying $380/ mo including tax for 36 mos for 15k/ yr. By the way, I only had 14k miles on the car and that included two 600 mile road trips. I live close to my job and close to all my frequent destinations.

I now have a 2010 base TL for 399.99 a mo including tax for 36 mos for 12k miles/yr. I paid exactly $800 down including tag, 1st month, fees, etc. They originally wanted 2k down and $480/mo! I kept saying no & attempted to walk away several times because I was happy with my '08. I did not want to pay anything down, but the $600 down (plus $200 tag) would keep my payments low.

Car Man & others: Do you think I made a good deal?
  • zamozamo Member Posts: 122
    Looks terrific to me. And they even paid off the previous car.
  • jokerjoker Member Posts: 9
    Please help me understand if this lease is a fair deal and whether the numbers make sense.
    2010 TL with Technology
    $36,758.00 Sell Price
    Residual value $21,804.75 (55%)
    Money Factor = .00154
    Monthly Payment 589.66
    State is Illinois, 7.25% sales tax.
    15k miles per
    Thanks in advance!
  • acuradjoacuradjo Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to lease a 2010 TL AWD Tech. Im trying to figure out if the numbers I have been quoted are the best I am going to find. I would be putting down the taxes, first payment, tags, etc....I'm looking for a 3 yr, 10k miles per year lease. I am in Maryland. So far I have a quote for 590 per month. Anyone have any thoughts?
  • kvalentinokvalentino Member Posts: 12
    After much research and shopping around, we've decided on this vehicle. The offers on the table is as follows

Price $35,020
    Due at signing Total of $1,500(first month's payment/bank fee/DMV/Doc fee($199)
    money factor .00154
    residual 57% $22,597
    payment $469 X 36 months. including Jersey tax of 7%

any toughts?
    thank you for your input
  • onetradeonetrade Member Posts: 4
    If this is for an Acura TL with Tech and $1500 total due at signing, then this is a great offer! The vehicle invoice is 36,504.00 (minus the $1000 taxable rebate) 36,504.00 - 930.00 = 35,574. You are getting the car at $550 below invoice! you can't go wrong! :)
  • acuraman10acuraman10 Member Posts: 3
    Can you please tell me the dealership in NJ that gave you that offer i would like to lease one from that dealer

Thanks
  • skazskaz Member Posts: 7
    i have a lease deal for a 2010 acura tl sh-awd tech package for

36 month 12000 miles per year $585 per month

Due at lease signing = 1st payment + bank fee + dmv

is this any good ???
    Hi Acuraman10 I actually got the same quote from Acura Ramsey and Park Ave Acura in Maywood....and they both were willing to throw in the all weather mats.....however my wife and I decided on a Lexus ES 350......oh well...good luck to everyone and thank you all for your help. Happy Holidays.
  • ericincalericincal Member Posts: 1
    2010 Acura TL, Super all wheel drive - Live in CA with 9.75% sales tax. Sales price on car is $38,900 with a $595 Acq fee. $3,300 total drive off ( includes first month, taxes, titles, fees, and cap reduction). Money Factor is .00154. Residual is $23,757.25. 36 months, 12,000 miles a year. $500/ month payment includes tax.

Is this a good deal? Should I pull the trigger? I already gave a deposit to hold the car, but can get the money back. Getting this here in S. California.
  • 10sfan10sfan Member Posts: 136
    I have a similar decision to make between the TL and ES350. what where your reasons for selecting the ES350?
  • JM123JM123 Member Posts: 5
    Hi David, could you tell me what dealer you leased from? I live in Miami and I'm looking for a lease on the same car. Would take that deal. Thanks!
    My wife just thought the interior was more to her liking....just a personal opinion. I still think the TL is hot and drives so sporty!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're very welcome, greg9999. California is indeed one of the states that Acura's enhanced lease offer on the TL is available in.

The carrying cost for dealer inventory depends upon what "floorplan" interest rate they are being charged on their inventory. Dealers are always interested in selling as many vehicles as possible before the end of the month, especially at the end of the calendar year.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi John. Sorry for the delay in my response. I took some time off for the holidays.

Acura is currently providing dealer cash on leftover 2009 TL models, but none on the 2010 model.

I wouldn't be surprised if you were able to shave a couple hundred dollars off of this deal, given the pressure on dealers to punch as many units as possible before the close of sales for the year, but as you suspected, $800 over dealer invoice and the use of Honda Finance's buy rate lease money factor is a pretty good deal on a '10 TL.

If you received a loyalty coupon directly from Acura you should be able to take that $1,000 off of whatever deal you negotiate with the dealer.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi lrobuste. Acura's lease program on the 2010 TL varies by state. In some states, its current special buy rate lease money factor for this car is .00154. In others it is a less attractive .00201. Let me know what state you are in and I'll tell you which factor is available in your area.

You definitely do not want to lease this car for longer than three years. On a four year lease, you would have to use Honda Finance's standard lease program, which is not as attractive as its special.

Honda Finance's 36 month, 15,000 mile per year residual for a 2010 TL AWD Tech is 53%.

Car_man
    Host
  • jgrahamiiijgrahamiii Member Posts: 3
    Thank you very much car man. Your were right on with the $$'s. -John
  • rsmith98rsmith98 Member Posts: 2
    So I see money factors posted for those that qualify for "super preferred" credit. Does anyone know the break down for those with less than perfect credit?
  • sfbritsfbrit Member Posts: 1
    I am considering leasing a 2010 Acura TL 2WD, w/o Navi in Nevada.
    I was quoted over the phone by the dealer $389/mo. for 30 mos. with $3200 down and 10,000 mi./yr. I have not leased under 36 mos. before. The residual will be 53% or same terms above for 12,000 mi./yr. but a 62 or 63% residual. Is this a good deal or should I negotiate a few of these factors? Thanks.
    You're very welcome, jgrahamiii. I'm glad that I was able to help you out.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi rsmith98. I don't have Acura's lease program for lower credit tiers, but I probably would be able to find out what the money factor would be for the tier that you qualify for if you let me know what your score is.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings sfbrit. I always find that the easiest way to evaluate a lease is to look at the selling price that it is based upon. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number, it is difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given. Find out how much the dealer is charging you for this car and let us know. I'm sure that either myself or another helpful community member will gladly let you know what they think.

Car_man
    Host
  • jarbljarbl Member Posts: 30
    I am looking at leasing a 2010 TL Base in California. I want a 36 month lease with 15k/year. The Acura web site shows that they have a 59% residual. Also, the dealer is getting a $1500 rebate on non-tech TL's. Edmunds says the TMV price on that car is $32,463. What is the Money Factor for CA right now?
    Thanks for the help.
  • zackanzackan Member Posts: 5
    Have been offered a lease as follows. $1842 down, 481/month for 36 months with 15k/year. Dealer will reimburse my last months lease payment of 481 on existing lease. All NJ taxes included. Is this a good deal? Dealer says the purchase price of car is 32,119.
    Assuming the 59% residual on the Acura site is correct. It looks like they are charging you about .0027 for a money factor. I'm not sure about your credit, but that seems high. Also, the dealer should be getting a $1500 rebate. It doesn't look like they are factoring that in anywhere.

Assumptions:
    Purchase Price: $32,119
    Residual Value: $21,250
    Tax Rate: 7%
    License Fee: $482
    Acquisition Fee: $595
  • jeff2010jeff2010 Member Posts: 6
    (I asked this in the 'Purchasing at the End of Your Lease" forum, but it might make sense to ask it here, too. Pardon me if this is the wrong place.)

I'm trying to decide what / how to do my lease return. Its up in a couple of months, but it looks like I have a fair amount of equity in the car (a 2007 Acura TL) mainly due to low mileage. The problem is that while I'd like to keep the car, with another kid on the way we really need to move to something bigger. If I buy it and then try to sell it, my understanding is that I'll have to pay sales tax on the car (in California), which would eat up most of the equity. I'm not sure I want another Honda/Acura, but the letters that Honda financial has been sending me suggest that the car can't be traded into another dealer - they won't allow the other dealer to buy the car out. Any suggestions? I could just turn the car back in, but it seems like a waste to do so and lose the equity.
    . I have now been offered the following.$ !400 at inception to include all bank and dealer fees and first month payment. 36/15000 . Payment is $455 incl. nj 7% tax. Is this a good deal?
    That sounds like a good deal to me. It sounds like he is using a better money factor (around .0019 or ~4.5%). Try to get the details like final cost of the vehicle, money factor, residual % or amount.
    Also, are they still going to absorb your last payment on your old car?
    No. I took it out of the deal. It seemed that they were just adding it into the cap cost anyway. I will try to get them to throw it in at the end of the deal but I have been told that they will not negotiate any further and are willing to let me walk away.
  • nystarnystar Member Posts: 28
    I found a great deal on Paragon Acura, NJ, its on their Website for 2010 TL Base with automatic transmission and it says $259 per month, 36 months and $3500 down (Total payments $9324) but it does not mention the Miles !

Is it a good deal or its too good to be true ? I need 10K Miles per year and the deal seems great for me if it is true ! Any ideas ?

Thanx
    That deal does not include tax or other "fees".Also, mileage is not given. That means that you will have to come up with additional upfront money.I would never pay that much money up front.If the car is tolalled or stolen, you'll lose that money.I have always tried to negotiate leases with little up front. ( dealers fees and 1st month payment)That way , you get a better idea what the lease is actually costing you.
  • jvettejvette Member Posts: 70
    Welcome to the world of Acura/Honda Leases. You have only a couple of choices. First buy the car and as you found out you will pay sales tax at the purchase and transfer of the car. The second choice is to turn the car in. I have a friend who wanted to purchase the car from me and Aucra wouldn't allow it. I have to go back to the dealer and he has to purchase it from the dealer at a $500 dealer fee but he is allowed to purchase at the stated price on the lease papers. It's still a good deal for him but it leaves no way for me to shop the sell of this leased car. I have leased Chevrolets for many years and always traded the car in at the end of the lease or sold it and made the profit..

There are still many benefits of the Acura lease over other leases. They give you gap insurance and a $1500 allowance for damage to the car at lease end. If I didn't know someone who wanted the car I would just return it. I still think the Acura leases are a very good deal but have decided to purchase the new one. I just don't think I would be happy with a 3 year old TL that I paid $22,000 more for.
  • djrampage7djrampage7 Member Posts: 13
    Zackan - did you end up getting this lease? If so, what was the final negotiated costs and which NJ dealer did you goto?

Thanks!
    Yes. Final lease price was 1400 up front including 1st month. 455/month for 36 months/ 15000 miles a year. Picking car up this weekend. For more specifics you may email me at zackan@superlink.net
  • carbuyer90carbuyer90 Member Posts: 3
    Hey car man!!!!

Do you know the money factor and residual for a Tech SHD? I'm thinking about a 36 mo/12000 miles lease. Thanks
    Hello jarbl. Acura's current buy rate lease money factor in California for the 2010 TL is .00204 for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey carbuyer90. Here's the info that you're looking for. Acura's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 TL Tech AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00241 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

This factor is enhanced to .00204 in certain states. I would be happy to tell you which factor is available in your area if you tell me what state you are in.

Car_man
    Host
  • carbuyer90carbuyer90 Member Posts: 3
    Hello Car man

I'm located in Florida. Thanks
  • jac1304jac1304 Member Posts: 33
    TL SH-AWD: 305-hp, 3.7-liter, VTEC®, V-6 engine / Could you please provide the lease rates and any information.

Seattle, Wa area

Thank you,
    You're in luck, carbuyer90. Florida is one of the states that the better money factor is available in.

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to, jac1304. Acura's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 TL AWD with 15,000 miles per year in Washington state are .00241 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • greenacuragreenacura Member Posts: 42
    I have a question about my old Acura TL lease, I am not sure if this is the correct forum but I'll ask the question. To start, I have leased 4 Acura TL's in the last 9 years. I usually hit the miles about 6 months before the lease matures. I have all ways been able to strike a deal with my Acura dealer to turn the lease in early and re-lease. I was leasing a 2007 Acura TL nav, the lease was to expire in January 2010 but I terminated the lease early on June 15, 2009 and leased a Nissan Maxima SV Prem/Nav. This was my first non-Acura lease in 9 years but I git a great deal on the car. The Nissan dealer paid of the TL lease buyout and I sent in the plate return receipt. Everything was fine until this last December I got a bill from Acura stating there was a $589excise tax due on the TL. I called them un and re-sent them the plate receipt. Acura confirmed the lease was terminated on June 15th, 2009. However, Acura insisted that I pay the excise tax. Acura said they pay the excise tax on for me and I needed to reimburse them. I indicated I paid the last excise tax (via Acura) in April and it was for $389. This new excise tax was almost $200 extra. I went to the Massachusetts state web site and it indicated that there has not been any increase in the state excise tax. I called back Acura and they only get requesting the $589 excise tax. I paid them (to avoid damage to my credit) and requested a copy of the actual state excise bill. They said the request would go to "research" and be sent to me. The gave no explanation why the higher tax and said would not help with helping me determine how to apply for a refund thru the state. When I called the Massachusetts excise tax office, they indicated that I wasn't the "owner" and Acura needed to apply for the refund. Any thoughts on how I can get this resolved? It seems strange that I never received an excise tax bill after I early terminated my lease when I lease a new Acura before. Is this Acura's way of getting some $$$out of me? Any thoughts would help!
  • davidfrommiamidavidfrommiami Member Posts: 3
    Hey JM. SORRY so late to reply... I have not logged in here in weeks. Got my TL at Rick Case Acura. 875 N. State Road 7- Fort Lauderdale, FL 33317. If you are still TL hunting, good luck!!!
  • sapharisaphari Member Posts: 1
    Hi got a lease offer from florida dealer for Acura TL Base with $3500 down and $385 Per month including all with 36 months 12000 miles. Our tax rate is 6% +$75. My question is this a good deal ?, please help me, what is the best deal if i want to negotiate.
  • manu99manu99 Member Posts: 39
    hi car man
    i got the following offer in southern calif 2010 tl tech package
    msrp 39645
    negotiated price 34500
    money factor .00225 res value 57%
    1200 down
    12k miles
    513 for 36 month or 460 for 48 month incl 9.75% tax
    also paying my last 2 month of the current lease of 417
    is this a good deal please let me know

thanks
  • eitan56eitan56 Member Posts: 25
    Hi CarMan:

This will be my third TL lease if all goes well. You helped me get a good deal on the last two. Many thanks for your invaluable advice!

I''m in the market for a lease on a 2010 TL base, 36 mo./15,000 mi. per year in Northern NJ. Do not wand to to put any $ down, just pay the acquisition costs and first month. I was hoping you could provide info re selling price, any rebates being paid by Acura to dealers, residual value, money factor,etc.. so I can calculate a fair lease price. Tax is 7% n NJ . My credit score is good, My previous and current lease was/is through Honda/Acura Finance.

Eitan
  • alfstinky1alfstinky1 Member Posts: 92
    Hi CarMan,

I''m in the market for a lease on a 2010 TL TECH 18" wheels 36 mo./10,000 mi. per year in NY. Could you please give me the current lease numbers. I have been quoted a buy price of 34,900 including dest. which seems like a good price based on the MSRP. Thank you.
  • greenacuragreenacura Member Posts: 42
    In case anyone cares, I resolved my excise tax for my 2007 tl lease. It seems acura billed me for someone's 2009 acura tl lease. I got a copy of the excise tax bill from acura and the VIN #'s don't match. Of course the hard part is getting acura to refund the $589.00 paid to them. My advice, request a copy of the excise tax bill for people in the states that charge an annual excise tax. I have several calls requesting the refund, faxed the different vin #'s to them now it is a waiting match to get the refund so any advise would be helpful. Also, as a second note, I leased 5 acuras over the last 10 years, currently I am leasing an 2009 maxima prem/tech for 385 per month no money down, not even plates or reg. zero. The maxima is a equal to the tl, maybe even better (no rattles). Think about checking it out.
This discussion has been closed.