Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Lease Questions

Comments

• nyacuramannyacuraman Member Posts: 1
    :D Hi Carman -

I''m also in the market to purchase or lease a 2010 TL TECH 18" 36 mo./12,000 mi. per year in NY. Could you please give me the current money factor and residual value? I'm pre-approved to purchase or lease as this will be my 5th Acura. Thank you.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi manu99. The dealer invoice price of a 2010 Acura TL Tech is $36,904. When we subtract the $2,000 dealer cash that is currently available on this car from that it drops to around $34,904. The selling price that you negotiated is even lower than that plus the money factor that you were quoted looks good.

If you like the car, I personally don't see any reason not to go for it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hey Eitan. Wow I must be getting old if this is the third TL lease that I've helped you out with :surprise: :) .

Here's the information that you're looking for. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 TL with 15,000 miles per year in New Jersey are .00204 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Good luck and let us know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello alfstinky1. Here's this car's current lease program. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Acura TL Tech with 10,000 miles per year in New York are .00204 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Wow, this is your fifth Acura. You certainly have an appropriate username, nyacuraman. Here's the info that you're looking for.

Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 TL Tech with 12,000 miles per year in New York are .00204 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • kmk6933kmk6933 Member Posts: 7
    Hi, I just went to shop around and this is what I got in Los Angeles, So Cal.

Base TL
    3000 down, 10k/36mth - $349+tax

TL Tech
    3000 down, 10k/36mth - $411+tax

What do you guys think? Thanks!
  • manu99manu99 Member Posts: 39
    Hey

I just got a tl tech package from weir canyon acura in anaheim on sat

msrp $39645.00
    neg price $32829.00 (That includes the $2000 rebate)
    down $1056.00
    36 month lease
    12k miles/year
    $465.00/ month incl tax

money factor .00204
    residual 57%
  • jtlajtla Member Posts: 388
    That's about $6,800 discount from MSRP and $4,000 below invoice! It doesn't seem likely even with the $2,000 rebate. How did you get that price? Is there a trade involved?
  • kmk6933kmk6933 Member Posts: 7
    Hi, I'm planning to buy the vehicle after the lease is up. What is the purchase price on the contract after the lease expires? Thanks!
    no trade involved
    i used the auto insider leasing formula
    the negotiated price was $32829.75
    the resid value was 22202.00
    i was persistent
    i had 3 dealers going at each others throat
    i waited for the first one to blink that was close to my asking price of $460 than i went for the kill.
    the residual value is $22202.00
  • speedynkspeedynk Member Posts: 5
    Hello
    Do you have the March rates for 2010 TL with Tech in S Cal.
    Is the dealer cash and any other discounts still available?
    Thanks
    M F .00204

Lease Rebate $2250 (last month $2000)

Check out this website
    http://www.ridewithg.com/
  • alfstinky1alfstinky1 Member Posts: 92
    Hi Car_man. Could you please give me the March lease rates for a 2010 TL W/TECH 36mo 10k miles in NY. Thank you.
    I certainly do, speedynk. Here you go. Acura's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 TL 2WD with Tech and 15,000 miles per year in Southern California are .00177 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

You never mentioned how long you want to lease for or what mileage allowance you need, so I had to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want something different.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take the $2,500 dealer cash that is currently available on it into account.

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to help you out, alfstinky1. Acura's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 TL 2WD with Tech and 10,000 miles per year in New York are .00177 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take the $2,500 dealer cash that is currently available on it into account.

Car_man
    Host
  • feisarfeisar Member Posts: 15
    edited March 2010
    Good afternoon Car_Man. Thank you for providing great and helpful information. I'm looking to lease a 2010 Acura TL SH-AWD with Tech.

Would you happen to have the lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease with 10,000 or 12,000 miles per year in Northern Virginia?

Thank you again for any assistance you can provide!
  • robertw477robertw477 Member Posts: 188
    Just got an email form my local South Fla Acura dealer. Base TL 10K miles zero OOP. $440.00 a month plus tax. No cap cost or other nonsense.

Rob
  • jac1304jac1304 Member Posts: 33
    edited March 2010
    carman,

I don't know if you if this is a true statement from Acura dealer, "The invoice price on the TL’s have gone up since your first inquiry and the quoted TL has a NW protection package on it (adds $549) – I could take it off if that is an issue. The only other incentive is directly from Acura – did you get a $1500 loyalty reward coupon from Acura?" Quote was in February.

Thank you.
  • chrisc8chrisc8 Member Posts: 7
    Hi Car_man,
    Could you tell us the residual and money factor for a TL with Tech 12,000 mi/yr 36 months in So Cal? Also, to confirm - there is 2500 dealer cash we need to have passed on to us as lessees?
    Many thanks for providing such helpful info to the forum!
    Greetings feisar. Acura's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Acura TL SH-AWD Tech with 12,000 miles per year in Virginia are .00205 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. This factor drops slightly to .00195 if you choose to go with Acura's Sign & Drive offer.

Car_man
    Host
    The statement that the only incentive that is available on the 2010 TL is the direct mail coupon that was sent to consumers is incorrect. This person is either misinformed or lying to you.

Acura is currently providing $1,750 dealer cash on the base 2010 TL and $2,250 dealer cash on TL models that are equipped with the Tech Package.

On top of that Acura is running a stairstep program for dealers that enables them to earn an additional $250 to $750 for every TL and TSX that they sell this month. The exact amount that they receive will vary from dealer to dealer, but all dealers get at least $250 per car.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome, chrisc8. Acura's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 TL Tech with 15,000 miles per year are .00177 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

This factor drops slightly to .00167 for consumers who opt to go with Acura's Sign & Drive option.

Please see my previous post for information on the cash incentives that are currently available on this model.

Car_man
    Host
  • harpingawayharpingaway Member Posts: 1
    Car_man,

Do you have the residual and money factor for a 2010 TL Tech 12,000 mi/yr 36 months in Washington? Thanks.
  • feisarfeisar Member Posts: 15
    edited March 2010
    Excellent and thank you very much, Sir!

I just got an offer from my dealer for:

2010 Acura TL-SH with Tech with 10K/year for 36 months
    MSRP with Destination: $43,195
    Invoice with Destination: $40,159
    Negotiated Invoice: $37,509
    Residual value: $24189.20 / 56%
    Money factor rate: .00205
    0.10/mile over 10K
    Monthly payment: $496

No money down (Zero cap/security/acquisition) with first month payment of $496
    Taxes, titles, tags: Approx $1200 sales tax, $45 title, $1K documentation

Out of pocket: Approx $2742 (first month, taxes, titles, tags, doc)

Seems like a good deal and thanks again for all your help!
  • megannj83megannj83 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Carman,

I got a quote for the 10' Acura TL Tech (2WD) for 32,800 including destination. The lease worked out to be $370 per mo for 36 mos 10k mi per yr, and a total out of pocket including first payment $2500. Is this a good deal (I'm in NJ).
  • benjojobenjojo Member Posts: 13
    Hi Carman -- apologies if I'm sending a duplicate question...

I'm considering a (1st) lease for my next car -- can you help with the following:
    - RV & MF for TL SH-AWD Tech in SoCal -- 10k, 12k, 15k (36mos, do you have 24mos?)

Also -- from your experience -- if I go for a 10k lease & opt to buy at the end - does my RV change if I go above the mileage &/or am I responsible for a mileage penalty if I opt to buy the car at the end of the lease? I.e., if one goes into a lease with the intent of buying the car at the end of the lease -- is there any reason not to just go with the 10k miles?

And -- I saw another person stating they got 10cent/mile over 10k. I thought this was 20cents for Acura -- is this typically something negotiable?

Thanks in advance
  • djkimdjkim Member Posts: 7
    I just got my Acura TL w/ Tech with Grigo and Taupe interior.
    $1500 wearness coverage
    Window tint
    No disposition fee

No down, everything included, $500/month.
    55% with 0.00177 money factor, I guess.
    OTD drive was $36300 If I buy.

Houston area.

Is this good ? Was going to buy ES350 but after I drove TL, changed my mind.
  • larrys8larrys8 Member Posts: 36
    Hello,

Here is the offer I am getting from my local acura dealer (Philadelphia Suburbs)

Initial offer from them (including tax, fees, etc.) Basically this is my out of pocket cost:

2010 TL SH-AWD with Tech Pkg.
    MSRP $43,195
    Cap $38,990
    Term 36/15k
    Rate .00204
    Residual 52% ($22,461.40)
    Monthly $518.82
    Due at signing: $5000

I got a follow up email, stating they would do $450 a month (tax included).

Any thoughts or suggestions on this?

On a side note, I am torn between leasing new TL or buying a 2007 BMW 750I. I know its like comparing apples and oranges.
  • jvettejvette Member Posts: 70
    Your base payment without tax would be about $435 with those numbers. The $450 is a pretty good payment on that car. If it were me I would not put $5000 down at signing. I would only pay the first months payment and what is required.
  • stage4survivorstage4survivor Member Posts: 56
    Since I see no PM available, may I ask your dealer? I'm in NY.
    Thanks
    Piazza Acura in West Chester PA.
    Can't be Piazza, they gave me one of the highest prices around.
    They are the dealer. Have only talked to them via phone and email. I said 5K at signing, believing that is the "equity" I have in my trade in. Although I have confirmed with them there would be no additional expenses. Of course if I don't have 5K in my trade, then I know the payments would be a little higher.

I am not sure how soon I will buy since they don't have the color combo I am looking for and I just had a bunch of routine service done on my car and spent about $300 on it. They seem as though they want to move some cars, so who knows maybe they would somehow "give me the $300" I just spent.
    I was asking "megannj83", who seems to have disappeared. I have a price of $33.5K, but, haven't yet received a lease offer.
  • nircdoc1nircdoc1 Member Posts: 7
    Hey Car_Man!

I am looking to lease a TL base for 36 months and 10k do you have the March residual and MF for the sign and drive? I am in Maryland which I think the special MF applies.

Thanks a million for your help!

ND
    Looking for MF, RV, etc in NY on SH-AWD w/Tech. I have an offer about $6300 under MSRP but, have another $6500 under on the non-AWD.
    Not sure if the AWD is more in demand hence the difference in discounted price
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Recently lease a car? A reporter wants to hear about the deal you struck. Please email pr@edmunds.com by Wed, Mar 24, 2010 with a few words about your negotiation and/or incentive deal.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• srqbuyersrqbuyer Member Posts: 1
    At lease end with '07 TL base, so have $1,500 loyalty letter.

Have offer for 2010 TL with Tech and 18" tires for $500 down, 36 months, 12,000 miles per year, at $489 month.

Buyout for the dealer on the 07 TL is $21.400. I read there is a $2,250 incentive out there. Is there room in this deal to bring the upfront to zero or the monthly down for the dealer?
    Car_man or anyone,

Any idea what the dealer incentives are for new leftover 2009 TL's and if financing is 1.9 & 2.9 like the 2010's?
    Hey

I got a tl tech package last month from weir canyon acura in anaheim

msrp $39645.00
    neg price $32829.00 (That includes the $2000 rebate)
    down $1056.00
    36 month lease
    12k miles/year
    $465.00/ month incl tax

money factor .00204
    residual 57%
    Hi Car_man,

Do you have incentive info on leftover 2009 TL's?

Thanks,

S4S
    Hello harpingaway. Here you go. Acura Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 TL Tech with 12,000 miles per year in Washington state are .00205 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome, feisar.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello megannj83. The dealer invoice price of a plain 2010 TL Tech 2WD is $36,904. If we subtract the $2,250 dealer cash that is available on this model from that, the price drops to around $34,650. The price that you were quoted is even lower than that, so this deal looks very attractive to me.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi benjojo. Acura Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2010 TL AH-AWD Tech with 15,000 miles per year are .00177 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease of this car are .00177 and 53%.

If you were to lease with only 12,000 miles per year, this car's 24 month residual value would be 1% higher and its 36 month residual value would be 2% higher. With 10,000 miles per year, the residuals would be 2% and 3% higher.

Your end of term purchase option price will not change nor will you have to pay an excess mileage penalty if you excess your mileage allowance. I haven't checked to see what Acura Finance's excess mileage charge is, but I don't believe that it is negotiable.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey nircdoc1. Acura Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 TL with 10,000 miles per year in Maryland are .00205 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Wow, stage4survivor, $6,300 to $6,500 off are huge discounts on the TL. Here's the lease program info that you're looking for.

Acura Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 TL SH-AWD Tech with 15,000 miles per year in New York are .00177 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi stage4survivor. I don't believe that the special financing offer is available on leftover 2009 TLs. Acura paid out dealers for any '09 TLs that they had left in inventory with the following allowances, $1,500 on the base model, $2,500 on the Tech, $1,000 on the non-Tech AWD, and $2,000 on the Tech AWD.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_man,

Thanks for the info. Those seem to be the same incentives for 2010 models so it makes no sense to buy a 2009 if the incentives are exactly the same.
    Don't manufacturers usually significantly increase incentives on prior year models to move them out?
    Model year depreciation must be at least $5K even if new and untitled.
This discussion has been closed.