Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    edited March 2010
    You're welcome S4S. You're right, at this point it doesn't really make any sense to pick up a leftover 2009 TL right now. The cash allowances that I mentioned are final payments that Acura provided dealers with on in December. At that time Acura was not providing any dealer cash on 2010 models so there was a difference. Now that Acura has cranked up its support on '10 models, dealers that still have any '09s left are going to have a tough time unloading them.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • kbt2kbt2 Member Posts: 1
    Have lease offer on 2010 Acura TLAWD6MT for:
    MSRP 43195
    39449 sale price
    TTL - $310.88
    15K miles/yr
    36 month lease
    0 down
    no trade
    $626/month
    located in Michigan
    Is this price decent? Are there dealer incentives?
  • greggf316greggf316 Member Posts: 2
    Fountain Acura in S. Orlando offered $9k down, $457 per month on a TL SH-AWD 15,000 miles per year, 36 month lease. This seems ridiculous, even to buy it outright?
  • larrys8larrys8 Member Posts: 36
    Yes, that is crazy, I am getting same offer/same car. 5K down and 450 a month. That is with only a quick test drive and a few emails exchanged. I am confident I can get it for less. My biggest problem now is TL or G37
  • stage4survivorstage4survivor Member Posts: 56
    Car_man or anyone,

How soon will April incentives, rates, etc be known and available here? Historically, do these incentives usually increase, decrease or remain the same? Given the fact there are still new '09s available either Acura doesn't care or they need to ramp up these incentives.
  • benjojobenjojo Member Posts: 13
    Hi Car man or others that may know this --

I see from the Edmunds site & others that the dealer cash promo has been extended to 5/3.

Does anyone know whether the stair step program ($250 - $750 per TL, TSX) is carrying over too? Any addt'l incentives?

Also -- what factors determine the actual stair step amount (whether it's 250, 300, 50, 750, etc)?

Thanks
  • jac1304jac1304 Member Posts: 33
    Carman,

I am interested in what carried over from March, with incentives for TL AWD/Tech purchase.

Thank you.
  • pez1847pez1847 Member Posts: 1
    I leased a 2010 TL base in Columbus, OH on March 26. I paid $906 up front (included first payment, tax, title, fee), and my monthly payment is $368 for three years and 10K miles per year. Just wanted to share in order to help others see what is possible.
    edited April 2010
    Hey stage4survivor. Acura's April programs are now available. They are exactly the same as its March programs were and they're scheduled to run through May 3rd.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi benjojo. You're right, the dealer cash was extended. Unfortunately, the dealer stairstep program was not.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jac1304. Acura's April dealer cash on the 2010 TL is the same as it was in March. It is currently providing $2,250 dealer cash on '10 TL Tech models.

Car_man
    Host
  • juiced89juiced89 Member Posts: 4
    I have an 07 TL/w Technology Package with 25K miles on a 36K mile lease which is up the 1st of July, I'm looking for the current money factor and residual lease figures for CT on 10K and 12K/yr leases. Any info you guys have is greatly appreciate.

Thanks
  • bamfbamf Member Posts: 8
    So I have 8 months left on my 2008 TL lease 25,500 miles on it. Will they likely require me to replace all 4 or pay penalty for tire wear at lease end? I have a flat today, am I limited to what tires I replace with? Any guidance or inisght would be helpful.
    Bamf you can replace the tires with any brand just make sure they are the same size tires that were originally on the car, if you replace with different sizes acura will charge you at the end of the lease, also to verify if tires will need to be replaced, you'll need to measure the tread depth with a tire gauge, Acura allows down to 4/32 of tire wear, as long as your over this you're fine.
  • bamfbamf Member Posts: 8
    Thanks juiced. I'm told my lease comes with 1500 in wear and tear allowance also.
    That's correct but what they don't tell you is that it's up to $500 per incident, so for example if you smashed the bumper and it's gonna cost $600 to repair they won't cover that expense you have to pay the entire $600. They will cover up to $1500 but no single incident can exceed $500. I hope I explained it clear enough to understand.
  • manu99manu99 Member Posts: 39
    go on ebay and buy used tires, that's what i did with my lease.
  • coleman97coleman97 Member Posts: 2
    Hey Car_man,

Could you tell me the current MF and residual value for the sign and drive lease of a TL base, and a TL Tech in Washington State? Thanks!
  • njvikenjvike Member Posts: 56
    On a 2010 Tech Package with 2,000 our of pocket and Acura paying 1,500 incentive and making the first month payment (till June only) my monthly payment for a 36 month lease with 15K miles per year is $500 including tax.

Other dealers where hitting me for upwards of the mid 500s. One dealer in PA wanted $590; must not want to part with his inventory :-) :P

I'm not sure if I want to give back the 07 TL Type S. It's too much fun to drive and it's one of the nicest vehicles Acura ever made;I get compliments all the time.

Acura wants $22K. I've seen them anywhere from 22-28. Maybe I'll purchase it and sell it when Acura comes out with a TL that I like to look at; no offense. It's personal preference.

I love Acura vehicles :blush:
  • craigagranoffcraigagranoff Member Posts: 1
    I just got a price of $949 down, 36 months 10k miles a year for $499 a month on the awd version. I wonder if this is good
  • billyperks2billyperks2 Member Posts: 378
    That looks like the base AWD and not the Tech.
  • mediocregatsbymediocregatsby Member Posts: 1
    My brother is leasing a new TL Tech and I was wondering if the numbers he's getting are ok. I always buy, so leasing is not my area of expertise, so I thought I'd turn to the experts here. He's leasing for 36 mo/10k miles a year. The selling price of the TL is $36, 937. He's trading in a 2009 Murano SL AWD that he owes money on. He'll be rolling the $4000 he owes into the lease (I know it's not a good idea...it's a long story). Anyways, the money factor they are quoting him is .00177 and the residual value is $22,994. He's only putting down $1000 and the payments are $575/mo. Is this a good deal/bad deal or a middle of the road deal? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • rob85rob85 Member Posts: 8
    I have an Acura TL with GPS 2007 with 15000 miles. My lease is coming up in July. Can someone help with some info on what this car is worth ( I have looked at various sites) and if Honda gives any wiggle room and buying out the lease?
    Thanks
    I am considering leasing a 2010 TL when my current lease is up.
    Thanks
  • neazie4neazie4 Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2010
    I have a quote for an Acura TL Base 2010 for $368 (including tax) a month. Inception fees are $1500. I live in NJ. Is this a good deal? And can someone please tell me what the true inception fees should be in NJ. Thanx
  • stegrinstegrin Member Posts: 14
    Live in s. Fla- have a deal pending as of now- should i take it or can i do better? (assuming excellent credit)

$250 down- (for DMV stuff)
    36 months
    15K miles
    Dealer makes first pmnt
    free oil changes/tire rotations for life of lease

Your thoughts...
    Uhhhh....you left out one very pertinent point....payment?
    Dhhh..my bad...went brain dead for a moment...thx

$530- tax included...
    Not really sure w/15K miles but, it doesn't look bad with small OOP. Did you try the leaseguide calculator?
    leasguide was helpful..thx...fyi- the original delaer called me back and dropped the pmnt down to $520/month..I think we're getting close..
    What's the negotiated price? That should really tell the tale.
  • njvikenjvike Member Posts: 56
    Are you coming out of an existing Acura Lease? If so, there are some very attractive incentives that you could have.

With zero down, I was quoted $540.00 on TL AWD Tech PKG. That included the $1,500 incentive from Acura and they will make the first month payment.

Looks like you're very close.
    no loyalty credits due..first time with acura..thx
    $35,883
    Not sure of your state regardless, $35883 isn't so great. A LOT of wiggle room there
    live in s. fla- good to know there is more wiggle room there..thx
    final #'s-

$100 down
    36 mnths-dealer makes first pmnt
    15K miles/yr
    $520(tax incl)
    free oil changes
    free mud flaps

Good luck to future leasor's!!!
    Here's the info that you're looking for, coleman97. Acura's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of base a 2010 TL with 15,000 miles per year in Washington State are .00205 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The money factor for an otherwise identical lease of a TL Tech would be exactly the same, but its residual value would be 55%.

When negotiating your lease, make sure to take advantage of the $1,750 dealer cash that is currently available on the base TL and $2,250 on the TL Tech.

Car_man
    Host
  • jminjmin Member Posts: 3
    2010 TL Manual, HPT, Diamond Cut Alloy Rims Installed.

$400 out of pocket for drive off. (used $1,500 credit and dealer kicked in $890.88)

$552.49 / month
    12,000 miles, 36 months.

Los Angeles, CA
  • billyperks2billyperks2 Member Posts: 378
    Nice deal.
    Why didn't you stick with the stock HPT wheels- the black paint on the Diamond Cut wheels are going to chip off sooner than later.
  • jminjmin Member Posts: 3
    I liked the look of it on my black TL 6MT. I figured if I'm gonna drive Batmobile - might as well go all the way:) Its a 3 year lease so no worries if it chips.

Turns out the dealer paid off / bought my RDX Tech return so I'll also get a refund check from Honda Finance for $442. Even better!

I had three dealerships trying to move their TL 6MT. I don't don't think its very popular so they're getting agressive. Got mine for $36,100 after 1500 loyalty cash.
    Car_man,
    If you'd be so kind to post the incentives, MF, Residual for May in NY. Also if they restart the number incentive ie, $250-$750 for each TL sold.
    Just wasn't happy with the offers so far and may consider another brand if the offers deteriorate in May.
    Thanks,

S4S
  • murphy24murphy24 Member Posts: 16
    Hello Guys,
    Looking for a little help on leasing a new TL. I'm getting quotes for a 3yr 12K miles per year lease from three different dealerships.
    My first quote came in for a 2010 TL with tech pkg and 18" rims. His price is $559.86 per month with $862.74 due at signing. I'm wondering since I'm leasing should I still be negotiating the sale price or should I try and get the lowest Monthly payment I can?

Thanks!
    I dont know the correct answer to you rquestion- but I just leased the exact same car last week-

$100 down
    $520/month (tax incl)
    15K miles per year
    36 months
    The dealer tinted my windows for free and made the first pmnt for me.

I live in S. Fla- not sure where you are- but based on my deal- Unless there has been a big change in the Acura lease program- you can do MUCH better than what you stated in your note.
    Yes, you still need to negotiate the sale price.That will lower the monthly payment more than any other factor.
    $559 for a 2wd tech is way high.
    MAN Do I love this Message board!
    Once I have a few more quotes in I'll let you guys know what I come up with.
    So I'm gonna negotiate the price of the car from each of these guys. Are there any other numbers I should know about? Like interest rates and money factors and all of that other stuff that confuses me? : )
    By the way, I'm In Ohio.
  • rsmith98rsmith98 Member Posts: 2
    Mr Carman,

Looking for current MF and residual % in Texas for TL tech 36 months @ 12k per year. Thanks in advance!
  • crg7crg7 Member Posts: 38
    Where did you get your car from? I am also in S.Fla. and have one more payment left on my 07 TL-S.
    Rick Case- (my credit is excellent- that helped)
  • wbenedictwbenedict Member Posts: 27
    Car_man - could you please provide the May residual and money factor for the '10 TL Tech - 36 months, 10K miles. I am outside of Phila, PA. (last month it was 58% and .00177 - has it changed?). Also, any other incentives besides the $2,250 manufacturer to dealer and $1,500 lease loyalty (for those of us that qualify)?

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.