Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Lease Questions

Comments

• arijacarijac Member Posts: 6
    edited January 2011
    Have been quoted for a 30 month lease 318/month 10K (15$ more per month for 12K) with tax,dealer fee 95, bank fee 595,down payment of 699... this is for a 2010 acura TL Is it a good deal? thanks
    Have been quoted for a 30 month lease 318/month 10K (15$ more per month for 12K) with tax,dealer fee 95, bank fee 595,down payment of 699... this is for a 2010 acura TL Is it a good deal? thanks
  • nybrokernybroker Member Posts: 25
    What dealer did you purchase. I am looking for a 2010 TL base model did they have any in stock?
    The amex price of a base TL is 29,583 anybody get one cheaper?
    I got 3 quotes: for the 2010 it was from curry acura, (ask fo uri) , one from brooklyn acura only one color though, and get this Randye acura in MD offered me the same deal for a 2011 aura tl
  • acuratlfanacuratlfan Member Posts: 9
    what is the name of this dealer?
    it was radley acura near washington D.C> I spoke to Sam.
  • aggietubaggietub Member Posts: 1
    Looking for residuals and money factor for 2011 TL base 15,000 miles 36 months in Dallas area. Thanks!
  • tghoshtghosh Member Posts: 22
    Ramsey Acura
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Here's the information that you're looking for, aggietub.

Acura's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2011 TL with 15,000 miles per year in the Dallas area are .00181 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,500 dealer cash that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • loyalcustomer1loyalcustomer1 Member Posts: 1
    While you're at it, Car_man, can I ask for the residuals and money factor for a new 2011 TL SH-AWD auto. with tech package, 10,000 miles 36 months, in Southern California? (I'm also willing to travel to any California city, Las Vegas or Phoenix to pick up the car if it's worth the plane fare.) Many thanks in advance.

Btw, does anyone know the latest on when the 2012 TL will reach showroom floors? I'm trying to decide whether it's worth the wait for the exterior design modifications, which look good to me based on early reports and spy photos.
  • jmk909jmk909 Member Posts: 3
    Looking for residuals and money factor for 2011 TL with Tech and 18" Rims 15,000 miles 36 months in Western New York (Buffalo/Rochester) area.

Thanks!
  • qaliqali Member Posts: 60
    I am also thinking of waiting for the 2012. Can you share the links for the spy photos?
  • qaliqali Member Posts: 60
    That's right!. Seems like the beak has been subdued and flattened out a bit like the TSX/MDX and the chrome is gone (I think).
  • jamesbond15jamesbond15 Member Posts: 145
    The chrome is probably still there. They just cover parts of the cars until they reveal it officially.
    Hi Car_man,
    I'm looking for residuals and money factor for 2011 TL with Tech and 18" Rims 15,000 miles 36 months in Western New York area and was wondering if you'd be able to help.

Thanks!
    edited January 2011
    Loyalcustomer1, Acura's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 TL SH-AWD Tech with 10,000 miles per year in California are .00116 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $2,000 dealer cash that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello jmk909. Acura's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 TL Tech with 15,000 miles per year in New York are .00143 and 55%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • chadlchadl Member Posts: 11
    Carman:

What are the the residuals and money factors for 3 year / 15,000 mile lease in the Kansas City area on the TL, TL-Tech, TL-AWD and TL-AWD-Tech?

Thanks in advance!
    Thanks Car_man!
    Hi chadl. Acura's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 TL with 15,000 miles per year in the Kansas City area are .00181 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The money factors for the other trim levels that you mentioned are the same, but the residual values are 55% for the TL Tech, 53% for the TL AWD, and 52% for the TL AWD Tech.

When negotiating your lease on these cars, make sure to take advantage of the $1,500 dealer cash on the non-Tech and $2,000 on Tech models.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome, jmk909.

Car_man
    Host
  • chadlchadl Member Posts: 11
    Thanks Carman - I appreciate it!!!
  • bklyn4evrbklyn4evr Member Posts: 5
    Hello Car-man:

I need the MF & Residuals for a 36 month lease with 12k on a base 2011 TL & also with Tech in the South Fl area. Thanks.
  • scott211scott211 Member Posts: 5
    Hi Car_man,

I'd appreciate if you could let me know the residual and money factor for a TL tech AWD in the Cleveland area, on a 36 month, 10k/year lease.

Also, if you happen to know, when looking at the Edmunds TMV number on a car as a reference point, does the TMV number include current incentives? For example, this TL's TMV is $39,071 - should I shoot for a number like that for the sale price, or $37,071 including the dealer cash incentive that's available? Thanks!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,734
    TMV includes all dealer incentives and cash...

It does not include direct to consumer rebates..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Any time chadl.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go bklyn4evr. Acura's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2011 TL with 12,000 miles per year in Florida are .00153 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2011 TL Tech are .00153 and 57%.

When negotiating your lease on these cars, make sure to take the $1,500 dealer cash that is available on the base TL and the $2,000 that is available on the TL Tech into account.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi scott211. Acura's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 TL Tech AWD in Ohio with 10,000 miles per year are .00153 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Then negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $2,000 dealer cash that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
  • bklyn4evrbklyn4evr Member Posts: 5
    Thanks Car_man, you're the best. Just test drove one today and love it!
    Just want to compare to Infinity G37 before I decide.
  • adfreakadfreak Member Posts: 7
    edited January 2011
    I have a 2008 TL coming off lease at the end of Feb. that will have under 24K miles. By all accounts, I should have about $1,500 of equity according to KBB trade-in value.

My question is whether I could use that equity as cap reduction for a new lease deal with another dealer (e.g. Infiniti) without having to buy the car out myself only to turn around and use it as a trade in?

The assumption is that the next dealership would want the car I have AND want to lease one of their cars.

Thanks in advance!
  • nacho2nacho2 Member Posts: 82
    Adfreak, I have a 2008 Acura Tl coming off a lease in February. Most likely will be going for another tl. Are you in Los angeles area?
  • zamozamo Member Posts: 122
    Yes you can. Your goal is to have the dealer buy the car out and allow you to use the $1,500 towards the cap cost of your next vehicle.

My recommendation is to work out a deal without the trade-in, and then when final numbers are agreed on, tell the dealer than you want them to buy your car and use the equity towards the cap cost.
    Hello Carman. I am im in the Los Angeles area, and my 2008 tl lease ends at the end of February. Do you believe that the $1500 cash on the non tech and $2000 cash back on tech pckge will continue in February. Should I wait till February or even March as I am in really no hurry. I understand that the longer I wait also the residual value drops on the car. What is the money factor for their "Super Preferred" credit tier in Los Angeles. 36 mo/12k. Thanks in advance. :)
    You can try, but from my experiences dealers like to buy cars really cheap. They will probably low ball it and won't give you much equity.

I would go to Carmax and have them appraise the car. We once sold our leased Lexus (that was also way below milage) to Carmax for about $1500 profit. A lexus dealer wasn't giving any equity and appraised it quite low.
    Do you mean the residual value on the new car? The residual value is a pre-set percentage of the MSRP. The percentage is set by the finance company. The finance company can change the percentage to make their leases more attractive to customers however it doesn't drop as time progresses. The percentage can go up or down. Carman can give more details, but looking at previous posts the depreciation percentage doesn't really move much.
  • bbznycbbznyc Member Posts: 4
    Does this monthly lease price include NY or NJ tax?
    Sorry for the confusion, actually meant the depreciation. Will wait to see the new Acura tl which will be on dispaly Feb 9th, considering Acura MDX as well but not to keen on the look of the vehicle. Thanks for the clarification.
  • irishys17irishys17 Member Posts: 30
    Hi,
    I'm looking for the money factor & residual value & Invoice price for the 2011 Acura TL w/ Tech Package for lease in NJ for someone with "top tier" credit score.

My Acura TL (base) is coming off lease in February and we're about 16,000 miles UNDER the mileage. Can this be used to our advantage?

I've already made my last payment on this car I'm turning in...Can I use that to any advantage?

Realistically, what can I expect as a "Cap Cost" on this car. The sticker on the car I test drove was $39,895.
    Thanks so much for any information you can provide
    You're very welcome bklyn4evr.

Car_man
    Host
    Yes nacho2. Acura's January incentives are scheduled to run through the end of February. It's difficult to say what its March programs for the TL will be like, but I would be surprised if they were't fairly similar to the current program. Again though it's difficult to say at this point.

Acura's current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2011 TL in Los Angeles is .00116 for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello irishys17. Acura's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 TL w/Tech and 12,000 miles per year in New Jersey are .00153 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

I doubt that you will be able to use the fact that you are so far under your lease allowance to your advantage in negotiating your new deal, but it doesn't hurt to give it a shot.

You can find the dealer invoice price for the exact model that you want over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

If I was in the market for this car right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of around $500 over invoice minus the $2,000 dealer cash that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Car Man, thank you for the information and your help as well. :)
    Hi Again!
    Thanks for your reply...I have a few more questions.
    According to Edmunds.com the invoice on this car is $40,392 but the one I drove had a sticker of $38,895.

So, do I offer $37,395 (Invoice - $2000 + $500) as a starting point?

Also, if my math is correct the .00153 money factor = 3.672% interest (money factor X 2400) which seems a bit high. When I leased my 2008 TL my rate was around 1.1%. Can that interest rate change from person to person based on the dealer wanting to get rid of a car or is it set by the finance company and can't change.

Thanks again for any information you can give.
    The money factor that Carman gave you is the lowest money factor you will get from Honda Financial for that car.

I found truecar.com to be a really good site to find out what cars are really selling for right now. Just price the car in your area and then click on "Recent Sales." Then look at the lowest bar in that graph and aim for a price around there. For example, in my zip code (Los Angeles), a 2011 TL Tech goes for around $34,000.

Here is what you do:
    Figure out the monthly payment given the MF, Residual Value and sales price of the car. I found this lease calculator to be very helpful:
    http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm
    Then e-mail the the internet sales person at the dealership with your quote (get their e-mail from the dealership's website, sometimes you need to fill out the "Request a quote" box to get their e-mail.)
    I got a TL this past summer and here is what I would e-mail to the dealers:
    "
    Hi blah blah.. I would like to lease...
    Can you do this deal?
    TL with Navi
    MSRP: $39,645
    Lease price (Base cap cost): $33,000
    Acquisition fee: $595
    Down Payment: $1,500
    Net Cap Cost: $32,095
    RV: 58%
    MF: .00162
    Term: 36 months, 10k miles per year
    Sales Tax: 9.75

Monthly payment: $375.40 (tax included)

At lease signing I will also pay first month's payment, DMV fee (~$468), Dealer paper work fee $40. Total = $883.40"

I e-mailed 4 dealers, 2 said no and 2 said yes.

Another point: Unfortunately the dealer doc fee is a BS fee that varies greatly state to state. Luckily in CA the law caps the fee at $55. However, other states don't have a cap and I have seen dealers charge hundreds. Try to get that as low as possible since all that money goes to the dealership.
    good luck!
    Just wanted to update how my negotiations went.
    We were turning in a 2008 Acura TL (base) with 21000 miles on it...15000 under the milage allowance. Hubby & I are in the "super-preferred" tier.

Took all my research to my local Acura Dealer (we had leased our last car there). They started out talking about $408/month with $1500 down for the 2011 Acura TL w/Tech package and FWD.

After several rounds of negotiations here's what we got:
    Sticker Price: $39,895
    Negotiated sale price: $35,017.57
    $1500 Rebate for Customer Loyalty
    10,000 miles/year
    Roll-over of 15,000 miles into this lease from previous lease
    $2500 down (including all the fees & 1st month's payment)
    Monthly payment of $359/month for 36 months!

How'd I do????

PS: We went with the Grigio Metallic w/ taupe interior. I LOVE my new car!
  • bbznycbbznyc Member Posts: 4
    Irish - which dealership did you get the quote from? It sounds like an amazing deal.
    You're very welcome, nacho2. I'm glad that I was able to help you out.

Car_man
    Host
  • vjoshivjoshi Member Posts: 2
    I am planning to buy Acura TL 2010 with Tech. I have just started the process and need to know which Dealers in the west of O'hare airport (Chicago) can offer a good deal?

Anyone has any ideas? I got an internet quote for #33K plus $860 destination saying the price is valid only for 3 days. I dont believe these numbers as 2010's are already old but do not have any other benchmark.

ANY HELP OR INFORMATION WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
    I would aim for $33k total (including destination charge). That would be a really good deal.
    You can see what cars are selling in your area at truecar.com.
This discussion has been closed.