Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Lease Questions

Comments

• dave1jessdave1jess Member Posts: 26
    Car man
    Am I understanding current incentives correctly? Is there a total of $3,500 of manufacturer to dealer cash available plus another $1,000 of loyalty cash available to current Acura owners for a total of $4,500? Thx.
  • binbotbinbot Member Posts: 8
    I got a lease quote but I can't seem to get the same numbers in the lease calculator.
    They are claiming $297/ month with $1491 due at signing for 36 months on a 12k/year on a base 2012 TL (including 7% tax).
    The 1491 includes 1st month 297 + acquisition 595 + fees and insurance 599
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi knudsenj. Through September 4th, Acura's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 TL Base with 12,000 miles per year are .00096 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Adding the Tech package keeps the money factor the same, but drops the residual value by 3%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Certainly dave1jess. Through September 4th, Acura's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 TL SH AWD with Tech and 15,000 miles per year are .00096 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Your assessment is correct, dave1jess. There is $3,500 dealer cash plus $1,000 loyalty cash on the Tech and Advance models through September 4th. The dealer cash is $1,000 lower for the base model.

Car_man
    Host
  • sincere1914sincere1914 Member Posts: 6
    I recently went to a Acura dealer in NJ for service and of course a sales rep approach me. He offered to trade me into a 2012 Acura TL Tech for 533 a month with 18,500 miles a year for 36 months. I currently own a 08 TL that I have a balance of $15,400 @ 67k miles with 33 months left to pay off. They want to take my car and just exchange keys no money out of pocket. Is the $533 a month a good deal, with them paying off my current car? Looking forward to your response.
  • martin061680martin061680 Member Posts: 7
    It seems like a nice deal Sincere. You should get out of this 08 TL before it drops more value. $533 for a 18.5K miles lease for a 40G car sound very attractive to me...
  • martin061680martin061680 Member Posts: 7
    BTW. I just leased my 2012 Advance pkg and traded my toy car. I got it for $489 w/12K miles. I had about $500 equity in my trade and I got $30500 tax credit for trading it... Love the car!
    Wow, thank you for your input. Then I need to head back to East Brunswick Acura on Saturday and make the deal. Thanks.
  • ryantclarkryantclark Member Posts: 1
    All:

I am looking to lease a 2012 TL (base), Tech, or SH-AWD Advance. Would somebody kindly let me know what the residual values are for both the 24-month and 36-month lease options on all three models?

What is the money factor for the 24 and 36 month leases on all models? What are the current cash dealer incentives? I have a feeling that the local acura dealership in Atlantic County, NJ is trying to over charge me.

Also, would it make more sense to wait for the 2013 as the residual will be much higher, but the incentives may not be as great?

Thank you in advance for your assistance and time.

-Ryan
    Hi Ryan. Acura's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a base 2012 TL with 15,000 miles per year are .00052 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00052 and 53%.

There is $3,000 dealer cash on base 2012 TL models right now. If I was in the market for this car in your area, I personally would shoot for a couple hundred dollars over invoice minus the three grand.

There's no lease or cash support on the 2013 model yet, but its residual values are higher. I suspect that a '12 will be cheaper to lease this month.

Car_man
    Host
  • mbac23mbac23 Member Posts: 12
    Hi binbot, what dealer did you get this deal from?
    Hi binbot, what dealer and what state did you get this deal from? I am looking to lease in NJ and was wondering so they could match the deal.

Thanks!
  • kjp4kjp4 Member Posts: 1
    I just got TL Tech Package for

$418/month
    $420 down (1st month+$2), includes tax (NJ 7%), dmv, bank fee and all fees
    36 month
    12000mi/yr

I've been reading this forum for weeks now, and though I'd share my deal.

I think it's a good deal, reading others who've purchased TL lated, so I'll share the sales guy name. (Is it allowed?)

John Kim @ Park Ave Acura, Bergen County NJ
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
    I've been talking with him for 3 weeks on 2012 MDX, non-tech TL as well.

Non-tech TL was $355/mo, 12K mi, 36 month, $355 down, which includes all fees and 7% NJ tax.
    The deal seems great I got a offer from East Brunswick in NJ for a Acura TL Tech.
    $515.00 for 36 Months with 18k. No Money Down Paper work and drive.
    Thanks for the info, I'm going to email him now. I was in contact with their internet sales guy but I thought he was very rude and unprofessional. Would you know how much the monthly on a base TL would change if I gave $2000 total out of pocket, based on the $355 a month that you received?

Thanks!
    Hi again,

I forgot to ask you what your final selling price was for the TL tech and the TL base?
  • cosmonaut173cosmonaut173 Member Posts: 10
    Carman

I was quoted a money factor of .00052 and 52% residual on a 12k 36 month lease for a tl tech 2012.

I that rights. Residual seemed low. Also is there still 3500 deal incentive?

Lastly I have a current lease expiring in January. What is the best way to trade that in? Should I just turn in the car to them and pay the outstanding balance or is that available or negotiation also. I'm over my miles already, that also was a 12k 36 mth but I'm ok to wait for a good deal.

At help would be appreciated.

Thank you
    Hi cosmonaut173. The money factor and residual value that you were quoted are right on the money. The $3,500 dealer cash that you mentioned is indeed still available.

In addition to the $3,500 I believe that there's $1,000 owner loyalty cash on this car right now as well.

I don't believe that Acura is running any sort of early lease termination program right now. If not, perhaps the dealer will be willing to take your car in as a trade.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you Carman for the prompt response. I have a few follow up questions.

1. Can you provide the MF and Residual for a SH-AWD Tech and SH-AWD Advance? I'm still considering those both as well. also at 12k, 36mth.

2. I dont think the 1k owner loyalty would apply since my lease is with VW?

3. Is there a forum on here or an article on edmunds that better deals with early lease termination and trade in? I'm thinking there may be value in the VW so Acura could buy it, pay for the term and i don't have any more out of pocket? Am i going in the wrong direction or is that typically not done and instead i should look at the remaining payments left (about $1500) and have Acura add that to the lease ($41/mth approx) as a best case scenario for me?

thank you again Carman.
    You're welcome cosmonaut173. Acura's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 TL SH-AWD Tech with 12,000 miles per year are .00052 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The money factor for the Advance would be the same, but the residual value would be 2% lower.

You're right about the loyalty cash. I thought that you meant that you have a current Acura lease that was scheduled to expire. A Volkswagen would not qualify for this incentive, but Acura does have a conquest cash offer for current owners and lessees of select luxury models.

It's possible that the dealer would be willing to pay you more for your current vehicle as a trade than you owe on it. In that event you would not have to pay anything to get out of your lease. It's also very possible that you will have to pay quite a bit to get out of it this early. I usually advise lessees to wait until as close as possible to the scheduled ends of their deals to get something new, but I can understand your desire to get out now if you are over mileage.

Car_man
    Host

Car_man
    Host
  • onyx_nolaonyx_nola Member Posts: 1
    Hello - I have 2 questions about Incentive listed #2 on the Edmunds.com Incentives and Rebates Page for the Acura TL.

The offer details are as follows:

Down Payment: $1,180
    Security Deposit: $0
    Lease Cash: $2,000
    Annual Mileage: 10,000

"Loyalty Lease is based on the 2012 TL base. MSRP as equipped is $36,600. $2,000 Dealer contribution and $2,000 Lease Cash are required for the $319 monthly payment.

Lease Cash includes $1,000 Lease Bonus Cash and $1,000 Loyalty Bonus Cash. $1,499 due at signing. Tax, tags and insurance are extra."

I have 2 questions:

A) The dealer is trying to convince me that the amount "Due At Signing" is the down payment of $1180 plus $1499. I am pretty sure that it is just $1499 (which I assume is $1180 plus the 1st month's payment of $319).

Who is right?

B) Where can I get an explanation as to how the Loyalty Lease impacts the overall lease calculation? I assume it changes the Net Capitalized Cost somehow but would like some more specifics.

Presumably I qualify for the Loyalty Bonus Case since I currently own a 2007 Acura but would like to know more about the $1000 Lease Bonus Cash.

Thanks...
  • kyungjparkkyungjpark Member Posts: 2
    I'm guessing about $55 off the monthly pmt. (2000/36). But don't hold me accountable. :) just trying to help fellow car leasers.

Thanks
  • kyungjparkkyungjpark Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2012
    I wouldn't trade in. I was quoted $2400 for my vehicle at one of a used car shop, but when I put it up on Craigslist, I sold it for $5000 on the same day. (some preparation was needed, like a good car wash, good pictures. Go google how to sell used cars)

The day after I sold, I had a request to buy them at 5500-6000. If I waited a little longer, I think I could've gotten more than 6k, but that would be a lot of meeting strangers, driving my car, and I didn't want to deal with that.

But try the Craigslist. Just put it up a couple hundred ~ thousand less than kbb private party value, and indicate the real kbb value as well for reference. It's still more than the kbb used car value, AND much more than what those used/new car dealers would pay for as a trade in. (kbb for trade in was 4-4.5k, and private party between 5-6.5k)

Ps. I put up a few pictures on Craigslist, but also uploaded and linked full resolution pictures on tinypic/mediafire. This would get you off from some less-interested buy as well as intrigue more interest for those who really need them
  • lmgchilmgchi Member Posts: 2
    There must be an overstock of TL's in my area (Chicago suburbs). I am getting numbers for a 2012 TL SH-AWD Tech from $32700-$35000 (MSRP $44,000), all with no real negotiating.
    I did confirm with one dealer that the money factor is .00052 and the residual is 55% for 12k mileage allowance.
    What I am not getting is that when I ask for monthly lease numbers, I am getting around $490 (with 7.5% taxes and all fees rolled in, with Zero down). Is there something I am doing wrong? When I plug the numbers into my handy dandy lease calculator, I get much lower numbers..
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,217
    Illinois taxes the entire selling price on a lease.... It adds quite a bit to the monthly amount...

Maybe, that's it?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• lmgchilmgchi Member Posts: 2
    I did factor that in, thank you though. Illinois does suck when it comes to that. Then they get you again for taxes on the residual amount if you choose to buy it.
    Hi onyx_nola. The deler knows better than that. The $1,499 "due at lease signing" that is mentioned in the ad definitely includes the $1,180 capitalized cost reduction. Of course, sales tax would have to be added on top of that, depending upon how your state calculates it.

The $1,000 owner loyalty cash should be subtracted from the lowest possible pre-incentives selling price that you can negotiate. Shoot for a price of a couple hundred dollars over the dealer invoice price that is listed here at Edmunds.com minus the incentives.

Also, the total incentives that are available on this car are being underestimated by both the dealer and the ad that you saw. On a Base 2012 TL right now there is the $1,000 loyalty cash PLUS an additional $3,000 cash incentive for a total of four grand. Again, shoot for a selling price of close to invoice minus this $4,000.

Car_man
    Host
  • liman2liman2 Member Posts: 6
    Hi...I have gone through most of the posts and in the market for a new lease.

I got the below quote on the 2012 TL base model.
    $300/month, 36 months, 12000miles/year
    1495 down + Tax + Title + Documentation fees

Wanted to know if this was a good deal

Thanks
  • mistyntonymistyntony Member Posts: 1
    That seems about right....I am looking at a 2012 base model and 0 down and just the first payment of 422 for 36 months for 15k using a residual value of 53%

or

I might trade in my 2012 4runner which I basically have about 9k in negative equity and my payment would be 630 with 15k.....

My be my only way out of the lease.
  • tremztremz Member Posts: 1
    I live in CT and am looking at leasing an Acura. I'm being told the following fees are due upfront:
    Bank Fee - $595.00
    Motor Vehicle Fee - $175.00
    Documentation Fee - $299.00

Are these legitimate fees? Are they at all negotiable?

Thank you.
    edited September 2012
    Thanks Carman for the good info.

I ended up leasing a 2012 TL Tech, Graphite with Taupe.

Adjusted Cap was $32550 on a MSRP of $40220.
    $426 including Tax. 12k miles. 36 months.
    drive off of $900 including first month, tax, dmv.

I ended up trading in my car to them which added another $34 per month for a total of $460 including tax. My total due to VW was $1,434 plus a $395 turn in fee + $400 in mile overage already + any other wear and tear I have to fix. So to only have to pay $1,224 over 3 years instead of $2200++ now i felt was reasonable too given the deal on the car already.

Hope this helps someone else. If anyone is interested in a similar deal in Southern California, let me know. I got this from a local dealer here in Orange County.
  • jcauldrenjcauldren Member Posts: 2
    My offer from dealer in nj
    2012 Tl with tech pkg
    $1500 up front
    $430 month
    12000 miles year
    3 year lease

Good deal
    ?
    Hi tremz. Acura charges a $595 acquisition or bank fee on every vehicle that it leases. All consumers have to pay this.

The Motor Vehicle Fee is likely charged by the state and again cannot be waived.

The Doc fee is another story though. The dealer probably charges everyone that purchases a vehicle through it this fee. Having said that, it's not required by anyone and it isn't really anything more than a way for dealers to pad deals. I doubt that you will be able to get the dealer to waive the doc fee, but you may be able to get them to lower your vehicle's selling price by that amount to offset it if you negotiate.

Car_man
    Host
    You're welcome cosmonaut173. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your deal with everyone. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
    I just got my Acura TL Advanced

$495 a month.
    $518 down which was my first month payment. :):):)
    18k miles a year
    I added splash guards and body molding to the car which bought my payment to $510 a month.
    I drive a lot of miles, if I ask for less miles I probably would have a cheaper payment.
    East Brunswick Acura was really good.
  • zscman122zscman122 Member Posts: 3
    Car Man, do you know the residual value for a TL with Tech for October?
  • queens207tlqueens207tl Member Posts: 35
    Hi Carman,

Could you please let me know the money factor and residual value for 2012 TL SH-AWD w/ Tech, as well as the SH-AWD w/ Advance. This is for a 36mo 12K/yr lease.

Also, I see there was mention of $1K loyalty cash earlier in this thread. Is that still available? I did not see it on the incentives and rebate page. Thanks.
    I certainly do zscman122. Acura's current residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 TL with Tech and 15,000 miles per year is 58%.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for queens207tl.

Acura's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 TL AWD Advance with 12,000 miles per year are .00052 and 48%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

As far as cash incentives go, there's $3,500 dealer cash plus the $1,000 loyalty cash that you mentioned.

Car_man
    Host
  • ktuluktulu Member Posts: 14
    Hi sincere1914,

Can you please post the numbers associated with this deal and the salesman? I live right by this dealership and wanted TL Advanced with 18,000 miles as well. Or if you want you can email me at mjferreras@optonline.net.

Thanks,
    Matt
    Thanks Car_man. Could you also post the money factor and residual for a 36 month 12K/yr lease of a 2012 SH-AWD with Tech? Thanks
    You're welcome queens207tl. Acura's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 TL AWD with Tech and 12,000 miles per year are .00052 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $3,500 dealer cash and $1,000 loyalty / conquest cash that are currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
  • vladracvladrac Member Posts: 8
    Carman,
    Looking for the current lease rate and residual for 2012 TL 3.5 Base 15k per year for 36 months.

Current special is $400 with $0 but only 10k per year for 36 months.

I would like to be around $400/mo. with 15k...
    Hey you can get a TL Tech for that price with up to 18K a year 36 Months. My deal was $460 ACURA TL TECH. It went to $518 because I added some exterior accessories. :)

I saw a couple the day I got my care get a TL Base for $330 a month.
    My deal was done at East Brunswick Acura in NJ.
    $330? that's unbelievable. That deal must have had some $ down.
    I'm looking to stay under $400 myself with $0 down.
    My post a page back I got a til tech for 399 including tax. 330 for a base before tax isn't unreasonable right now. 3 yr 12k miles.
    Incredible deal! What is included in the tech package? Is it essentially Navi?
    I'm looking for a few more miles but that makes me feel better.

What was your negotiating technique? Did you negotiate a sale price, then tell them you wanted to lease or did you just negotiate a lease price per month?

Are you far from Ohio, maybe I should drive to your dealer :)
    Thanks.
    Thanks Car_man.

I had a question regarding trading in a car. If your in a state that gives you a tax credit towards your purchase when you trade in your car. Can you still get that same credit if your doing a lease? Thanks
    Hi vladrac. Acura's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 TL Base with 15,000 miles per year are .00052 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $3,000 cash incentive that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.