Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Lease Questions

Comments

• chfoolchfool Member Posts: 3
    MSRP: $36,750
    Selling price: $33,800
    MF: .00093
    Residual: %56

$0 down

$430 a month $2,540 due at signing (Taxes and fees upfront)

Good deal or no?

Is it better to pay taxes upfront or as part of the monthly payment?

Thanks
  • stumblerstumbler Member Posts: 12
    Check your lease figures at www.Leaseguide.com Should be 417.88 plus tax. They have a lease calculator and other good advice.
  • cpa3cpa3 Member Posts: 89
    cgib2000

What dealer in So Cal..???.This is the lowest price I believe I have seen on this board for a TL w/o Navi...$31,051...I am in OC and will be buying one in about 60 days.
    Carman,

Will current lease special on TL's continue thru July?
  • ausdtechausdtech Member Posts: 37
    Looks like the TL lease special is dead for now. Only thing listed on Acura's and dealers sites is the 2.9/4.9 financing.
    I thought the lease special was going to end on the 5th. Made my the deal on July fourth via the internet and phone. Dealer presented to Honda credit on July 5th. I picked up a red TL'S with taupe interior yesterday. Selling price $35600 included $600.00 dealer fee (next to impossible to get them to waive this fee in Florida)
    Up front money was doc fee and first month lease payment. Rolled acquisition fee into lease $455.00 plus tax.
  • ausdtechausdtech Member Posts: 37
    Yep, it was scheduled to end the 5th, often they will then replace it with a different deal or extend the current one but in this case it turned out not (at least for now).

I leased my TL 2 weeks ago, I'm glad I didn't wait.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi henryt34. The 2008 Acura TL will have higher residual values than the 2007 model does. As a result, all things being equal, namely the selling price, the '08 model would be less expensive to lease. Unfortunately, all things are not equal, so this makes it a little trickier to figure out which one will be less expensive to lease. Acura has not published a lease program for the '08 TL yet, so it is difficult to say what it will be like. If I had to make an educated guess, I would say that it if you use the $1,500 dealer cash that is currently available on the '07 model to negotiate a capitalized cost that is well below dealer invoice it will be less expensive to lease than the '08 model will initially be when it arrives. Again though this is just an educated guess.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi jgreenberg. through July 31st, Honda Finance's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Acura TL with navigation with 12,000 miles per year are .00290 and 55%, respectively assuming that you qualify for its top credit tier and pay a security deposit at lease signing. Let's work up a sample lease payment on this car and see what we come up with. Using the above numbers, an MSRP of $36,795, and a selling price of $34,307 ($500 over invoice), I estimate that your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $549. The $369 per month payment that Acura is advertising on this car right now is not a bade deal, but it is probably not based upon a selling price as low as the $500 over invoice that you were able to negotiate.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi cpa3. I don't believe that Acura is providing lease support on the 2007 TL any longer. It replaced the special lease money factor that was available on it in June with $1,500 dealer cash. Make sure to use this dealer cash to negotiate a selling price that is below dealer invoice. Then have the dealer that you are working with use Honda Finance's standard lease program to estimate what your monthly payment should be.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello ryanscott. This car's lease payment will depend upon what sort of selling price you are able to negotiate on it. I would be happy to use Acura's current lease program to estimate what your monthly payment should be. For now let's assume that you are able to get the base 2007 Acura TL that you are interested in for $500 over dealer invoice. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2007 Acura TL that has an MSRP of $34,295 and a selling price of $30,517 ($500 over invoice minus $1,500 dealer cash) through Honda Finance right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $450.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    You're very welcome, b5150. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your deal with everyone. It sounds like you got a great deal. Enjoy your new ride :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Congratulations on getting a good deal on your new TL, ausdtech. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. Real-world examples like this are always very helpful to other community members who are in the market for similar vehicles. Enjoy your new car :) .

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi Phil. I'm not sure exactly how much higher Honda Finance's "Preferred" credit tier month factors are than its "Super Preferred" factors, but I suspect that they are around /00050 to .00075 higher.

The dealer invoice price for a 2007 Acura TL with navigation is currently $33,807. The selling price that you were quoted for this car is around $1,150 over invoice. If you are in an area that has a decent level of competition, there is a decent chance that you can beat this price by haggling with this dealer some more or by shopping around. Acura is no longer providing lease money factor support on the '07 TL, but it recently introduced $1,500 dealer cash on it. Shoot for a selling price of $1,000 dealer invoice and see how you do.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi bd307. The selling price that you were quoted for the 2007 Acura TL-S that you are interested in looks very attractive to me. It appears to be below dealer invoice. The dealer invoice price of a base '07 TL-S is only $35,638. In July, Acura is no longer providing lease money factor support on this car though. It replaced its special money factor with $1,500 dealer cash. Make sure to take this new cash incentive into account when negotiating your TL's selling price. Once you are at a price that you like, have the dealer that gives it to you calculate your car's lease payment using Honda Finance's buy rate lease money factor. Its July buy rate for a 36 month lease is .00290 for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier and pay a security deposit at lease signing.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • cgib2000cgib2000 Member Posts: 20
    Sorry for not responding sooner. Been out of town for business. I went to Tustin Acura (Tustin Ranch Rd./5 fwy) and dealt with their internet sales department. I signed the exact deal I posted here. Internet manager very easy to deal with, did a test drive at 10:00AM, signed paperwork, left dealership at 11:45AM with a brand new TL Gray Bronze Metallic, what a beautiful car. Everything was done previously through the internet. No haggling, negotiating, etc. Easiest leasing of a new car I have ever done. I would highly recommend this dealership. Good luck.
    Here you go, gf2020. Through July 31st, Honda Finance's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 Acura TL-S with 15,000 miles per year are .00385 and 60%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are a much more attractive .00290 and 52%. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take the $1,500 dealer cash that is currently available on it into account. It will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi cgib2000. This looks like an excellent deal for a lease of this car in June. For the month of July, Acura replaced the special lease money factor that you mentioned with $1,500 dealer cash. So now you should be able to negotiate a lease that has a capitalized cost that's $1,500 below this, but you will have to use Honda Finance's standard lease money factor of .00290 to calculate your monthly payment. This money factor assumes that you qualify for Honda Finance's "Super Preferred" credit tier and pay a security deposit at lease signing.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello chfool. This looks like a very good deal for a lease of an '07 Acura TL in June. For the month of July, Acura replaced the special .00093 money factor that you mentioned with $1,500 dealer cash. So the capitalized cost for a identical lease this month would be $1,500 lower, but the money factor used to calculate its monthly payment would be .00290. I personally prefer to roll anything that I can into my monthly payment rather than paying it at lease signing. The less you pay at signing, the less you risk losing if your vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi stumbler. On July 6th, Acura replaced the special lease money factor that it was offering on the 2007 TL in June with $1,500 dealer cash. You can use this dealer cash to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost for your lease, but you will now have to use Honda Finance's standard lease money factor to calculate your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • 23109vc23109vc Member Posts: 218
    so is it better to leave NOW with the 1500 off the cost...or was it better before when they had a better MF?

just wondering if the deals got better or worse..or will it be the same?

thinking of leasing a TL-S.
  • primedudeprimedude Member Posts: 8
    From what I've been able to tell, it looks like last month was a slightly better time to lease. The $1500 is helpful, but apparently last month's MF was quite excellent.

I'm not an expert, though, and I could easily be wrong. I welcome corrections.
  • fuzzynipsfuzzynips Member Posts: 37
    I was looking at leasing a TL-S last month but didn't have the finances ready to make it happen before the special MF ran out. After comparing payments from June to those using July's $1,500 manufacturer to dealer cash, I can definitely say that in my case, June was a much better month to lease in than July.
    these deals come and go. if you miss the deal one year...it will come back. and if you miss a smokin deal on a TL...there will be a smoking deal on a 335 or G35 or somethign else that is comparable.

the TL-S is a VERY nice car, but it's NOT *the* best sports sedan out there.

anyone price a TL-S lease vs a mildly equipped 335 to see HOW much more the BMW would cost? from looking at the BMW website it looks like you can lease a 335 for at or under $500/month.

a lot of the TL-S deals seem to be in that same ballpark. if the $$$ to lease was not that much different...the 335 would be amuch better choice if you want POWER. a 335 woudl blow the doors of the TL.
  • nringnring Member Posts: 97
    Hi Car_Man or TL Lovers-

I could not find TMV info on the 2008 TL with Nav on Edmunds. I am located in Bucks County, PA 6% sales tax on purchase and 9% on lease. I am not good a buying cars. I am a salesman to boot. I get lost in the money factories and residual. Simply stated, I would like to lease a new 2008 TL with NAV..black on black. I will not put anything down on the vehicle except first month, tags and titles. Can you or anyone help me understand what a good deal would like like on a monthly payment for a 36 month with 12K miles per year with Top Tier 1 credit? Thank you.

Thanks,

Noah
    AskNoah@icloud.com

• karolinatxkarolinatx Member Posts: 6
    Goodson Acura in Dallas, TX just offered us the base 2007 TL for $450 a month (36-month with 12k miles/year) with $1000 down, and would pay the last lease payment of $330 on our current car. Sound good?
  • fuzzynipsfuzzynips Member Posts: 37
    I agree in that the TL-S is not "the" sports sedan to have but the fact that it looks very nice, has pretty good performance, and comes with a ton of options for the price is what makes a lot of people (including myself) interested in it. I've been pricing BMW's, Acura's, and Infinity's. The BMW's go way up when you equip the vehicles similar to what the TL-S comes with, so that lease you're seeing is most likely for a lesser equipped car. Right now, a price of $1,500 below invoice on the TL-S nets me a monthly payment north of $600 a month because of terrible lease taxing in Illinois. I can get into a G35X with Premium Package for under $550. I really love the TL-S but I don't think it's worth almost $75 more a month than the G35X.
    that's insane. 600+ for a TL lease. no thanks.

I leased my 2007 MDX that had an MSRP THOUSANDS higher than a TL-S and I only pay $650/month - that's including tax. i believe my pretax payment was closer to 600 flat.

the TL-S would be more fun..but if you'r elooking at what the cars cost...you should be able to lease a TL-S for LESS than an MDX..

i would want a TL-S to lease for SUB-500 assuming you put down a couple grand...

i had a base TL as a loaner when I first got my MDX b/c it had to go back in for some leather repair.....and I was really impressed iwth the base TL. it really had some snap when VTEC kicked in... i can imagine a TLS is that much more fun.

while i haven't driven the TL-S i have driven a 335... and one think I would point out is that the turbo cars like a 335...have GOBS of low end torque..so the car pulls like crazy off the line, but the turbo cars tend to run out of steam in the upper revs. the 335 does a really good job of pulling hard even up to redline..but it's a flat torque curve...you just feel a big rush of power and then it stays there to redline.

the TLS with vtec...while technically slower, might actually feel faster/more sporty b/c the motor just screams to redline and builds power so much as you rev it...

a 335 would BE faster..but I wonder if aTL-S might subjecively feel faster/more racy b/c of the motor characterisitcs.

my MDX is no race car, but even it has some serious pull in the upper revs....for an SUV it's fun to rev the stink out of it!!! :)
  • primedudeprimedude Member Posts: 8
    I'm picking up my leased TL-S on Monday. Do I need to talk to State Farm to arrange for insurance beforehand, or what? How does all that work? Obviously I don't want to buy anything more from the dealer than I have to.
  • civilguy2857civilguy2857 Member Posts: 1
    I was just quoted the following for a lease on a 2008 TL non-navi in Wisconsin...

15000 mi/yr
    36 month
    no money down

MSRP = $34395.00
    negotiated price = $32790.00

I was quoted $537.19 per month. How does this deal sound? Is this any good? I am new to the foreign car market, but I really like Acuras so far.

Thanks
  • thebradthebrad Member Posts: 36
    Acura just posted a lease offer of 369/month with ~3300 down not including TTL. This is more than there lease special of the previous month which I missed out on. Is there typically room for negotiation with a "standard featured lease"?

Thanks
    I think it is $399 and is for a 2008 TL. I noticed Acura's site now advertises the 2008's. Any one know whats changed?
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    Go to our new Dealer Rater to post your sales or service review!
  • rju103rju103 Member Posts: 10
    Okay, here's what I got from Pohanka Acura (Chantilly, VA).

Bottom line cost was $15764 - this included:

15K miles/year
    free state inspections
    36 month lease

Downpayment, with taxes, tags, first lease payment, and ALL fees (less Fairfax County Property Tax) was $2500. 35 remaining nonthly lease payments are $379.

The salespeople were pretty straightforward, but it took nearly 4.5 hours before I left with my new vehicle. Overall, I am very satisfied.

Any questions?
  • idc1124idc1124 Member Posts: 1
    Hey,

I have a 2005 TL 4 year lease and still have 2 years remaining on it. I was interested in the 2008 TL and curious if honda financial allows turning it in early as long as I lease another acura. Has anyone on the forum done this before and is there any penalty?

Thanks
  • thebradthebrad Member Posts: 36
    That sounds like a good deal. I was just at Pohanka about 3 weeks ago..I guess its time to go back and try to get that deal. They were telling me 10k/yr 36month lease for 369/month with 3k down PLUS tax, tags, fees, etc. I didn't really sit down to negotiate so I wasn't sure if they were willing to budge.

Who was your sales rep? And did you lease this month?

Thanks
  • mjk5mjk5 Member Posts: 43
    I basically came to the decision to lease either an Acura instead of buying a Honda/Nissan since for the time I will have it, it will probably come out to the same price, anyways I a few months ago I saw ads that had the lease placed at $15-16k for the total amount of the lease, now since the 2008's have come out the acura lease price has increased, I'm just wondering what should I expect to get it to come down to? I'm located in NY if that helps
    that sounds like a terrible deal.

Thanks,

Noah
    AskNoah@icloud.com

• rju103rju103 Member Posts: 10
    I leased this month (July 07). I basically had all my info in front of me at the time of the negotiating: MSRP, Invoice price, etc. The 1st set of numbers they ran for me was not a great deal. Then, the sr. sales associate came over and asked what could be done to get me to leave that night with a TL. I told him $16K even for the total lease cost along with more cash for my trade in (1999 Avalon). I would definitely go back because they will work with you, especially if you tell them that you are serious about going home with an Acura. I could tell that they wanted to get the 2007 TL's off the lot because the 2008 TL's are already arriving. I don't know if they have a required monthly quota, but you may not be able to get as good of a deal if you wait until the beginning of August. Good luck.
    Hi Anyone-

I could not find TMV info on the 2008 TL with Nav on Edmunds. I am located in Bucks County, PA 6% sales tax on purchase and 9% on lease. I am not good a buying cars. I am a salesman to boot. I get lost in the money factories and residual. Simply stated, I would like to lease a new 2008 TL with NAV..black on black. I will not put anything down on the vehicle except first month, tags and titles. Can you or anyone help me understand what a good deal would like like on a monthly payment for a 36 month with 12K miles per year with Top Tier 1 credit? Thank you.

Thanks,

Noah
    AskNoah@icloud.com

• sayer17sayer17 Member Posts: 4
    Hi everyone,
    I'm thinking about leasing a 2007 Acura TL w/Navi. This is my first car lease, and although I've done a decent amount of research so far, I would very much appreciate any input you could provide on this quote I received (in California).

MSRP: $36,795
    Selling price: $31,307
    Residual: 53%
    Money factor: 0.003

36 months, 12K miles
    $1500 drive-off, $459 + tax per month.

It seems like people have gotten better deals than this in recent months. Is that because I'm not getting a great quote, or is it simply a matter of lease rates having gone up?

Thanks!
    I was at the local Acura dealer and theyhad 08s on the lot.

I test drove a black TL-S automatic.. 2008. it drove very nice. it was very tight, handled awesome. I was NOT blown away with the power...it seemed fast..but not nearly as fast as the 335 i drove...but it shouldn't be.... it pulls nice to redline though. very nice car. it felt great.

i didn't talk pricing as i'm not ready to pull the trigger just yet. i need to do my homework.

what are you all seeing as the leasing deals on 08s?
    Sayer17- the new 08's are out. i have had a hard time finding info on leases for the 08. I am looking for this info myself. if you lease, an 07 your residual will be much lower as you are already 1 year in the rears. if you lease, typically you want to lease the newer year model for better residual. make sense? i am with you on all of this. i am not an expert but that is what i am told.

Thanks,

Noah
    AskNoah@icloud.com

23109vc, i am looking for this info as well. the TMV on edmunds does not show the 08 model yet. if you get this info, please let me know. i would like to lease an O8 with nothing down for 12K miles, 36 months, in bucks county, pa with tier 1 credit. i want to know what a god deal would look like.

Thanks,

Noah
    AskNoah@icloud.com

nring

I dont think your correct. The residual rate for a 07 or 08 I bet would be exactly the same (say 56%, 36 months, 12k). The amounts will be slightly different based on the msrp of the car.
    CPA3..now that i think about it, you are right..midway through the year like this might have 07 and 08’s the same.

My point comes very true around October – December

Thanks,

Noah
    AskNoah@icloud.com

i dont' think you are right.

the residual for an 07 should be LOWER than an 08. thinka bout it... when you try to resell it in 36 months, what's going to be worth more.. an 07 or an 08? an 08.

i haven't seen the residual info on the 08s...but i would bet the 08s have higher residuals. although if the dealer will discount an 07 more... you may have the two things wash each othe out..

who has been on a lot where they have both..and what deals did they offer?
    i agree..that was my point to the other person..it is mid year so prob a wash..end of year 08 residual will definately be better...i would love to get some details on the 2008 models via invoice and lease numbers...nobody seems to have it...edmunds does not even have a TMV on it yet.

Thanks,

Noah
    AskNoah@icloud.com

i test drove at another acura dealer. told them i'd negotiate via email/phone and left. they called me and asked what it would take to get me to come down and buy it "tonight". I told them to make me their best offer and I would thinka bout it. the guy starts with some sales pitch about he's going to talk to the GM, but he needs a commitment from me that if he gets what I need, i'll come downa nd buy it.. i toldhim i wasn't promising anyone anything and he could make me an offer and i'd think about it.

he started off saying i needed to put down $1200 and it would e about $600/month. i told him i can get a 335 for about that much and i wasn't interested. he said he'd check on whatthey could do.

i get another email that says "the GM says we can do 550... wow". yeah wow... i have seen NO concrete numbers. no MF's, no residuals..despite asking for them.

they have no 08s. only 07s. i'll start hitting up the dealers who have 08s an dsee what they will do.
    that is crazy. i just leased a brand new Lexus RX350 for 599/mo with nothing down for 12K miles per year for 3 years for my wife. It was fully loaded with nav and blue tooth and a rear dvd entertainment center for the kids. the MSRP on the Lexus was like 47K. when it is all said and done i cant see paying more then 430-440/mo per month total with tax for an 08 with TL with NAV. nothing down and Top credit. 600/mo you can get a lot more car then a TL I can tell you that. Let me know what you find.

Thanks,

Noah
    AskNoah@icloud.com

This discussion has been closed.