Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX Lease Questions

Comments

• cartime5cartime5 Member Posts: 2
    AXM23,

That is a really solid deal. Which dealership offered you that deal? I am looking to get a 2009 TSX with a decklid spoiler. Can you help me get a deal close to yours? I would love to know which dealership helped you out.

Thanks,

CarTime5
  • marys236marys236 Member Posts: 90
    On the TL board, someone posted that Honda Finance had just dropped the MF on Acuras to move cars. Anyone know if that is true, and if it applies to the TSX? I'm looking at a lease on a TSX base, 3 yr, 15k, just want current residual and MF. TIA.
  • XxHaimBonxXXxHaimBonxX Member Posts: 135
    yes, I think MF usually applies to all manufacturer's vehicles. Current MF for Honda is .00215
  • jamberjamber Member Posts: 21
    Can someone let me know if this is a good deal? Or can I do better?

2009 TSX Base(non-Tech), 6 Speed Manual.

Lease for 36 month / 15k miles a year.

$377/mo ($400/mo with 6% FL sales tax)
    Total out of pocket $1272 at signing (includes 1st month)

OR Same dealer, just with nothing down (except 1st month)

$416/month ($441/mo with 6% FL sales tax)
    Total out of pocket $441 at signing (only first month down)

Offer good only until 5/4/2009
    (lease is based off the $299/36mo/10k lease program that expires on 5/4/09)

Thanks!
    Jimmy
  • AXM23AXM23 Member Posts: 64
    That is my deal. DCH Heart. Go for it. I don't think they will do less than that. Let me know how it goes.
    Cartime - see below. Someone else found the dealer and was offered the same deal. I hope you are in the NY area.
  • ejoyce423ejoyce423 Member Posts: 42
    Congrats on your deal AXM! Ended up having to pull out of that deal ($319 mo, 10K mile, with $696.50 total OOP plus $750 ASAP coupon) at DCH Heart and believe you purchased the polished metal metallic on ebony we were supposed to take. The deal was great there but found out last minute that only NJ, PA and DE dealerships are eligible to participate in the lease mileage rollover program. We had 8K miles to rollover from our 2006 MDX turned in last month. Ended up going with DCH Montclair for $323 a month with the same terms. We take delivery of our polished metal metallic on taupe tomorrow. I will share all the details once the deal is finalized.
    We just got back from DCH Montclair picking up our new base TSX in polished metal metallic on taupe. Following are the details of the deal.

Gross Cap Cost 27,707.14
    Cap Cost Reduction 750.00
    Adjusted Cap Cost 26,957.14
    Residiual Value 18,849.60
    Rent Charge 3,545.30
    Total of Base Payments 11,652.84
    Total Monthly/Single Payment 323.69
    Total OOP Due at Signing 696.50

This deal was for a 36 month, 10K miles annual lease with 8K miles rolled over from our 2006 MDX lease return. We are very happy with the color combination and the overall dealership experience. We were in and out of there in less than an hour. Hope the info helps others to negotiate a better deal.
  • liz15liz15 Member Posts: 24
    Dealer offered me $1,450 down $319 a month before tax 12,000 mile a month last week. Decided on color and went back this week and he said he can't do the offer because they would make no money. He said I would have to put another $1,000 down. He also said that there was no way it would have been 12,000 a month at that price. I was not alone when I received the offer and he had it written down. He said no dealer would go that low. I walked out. Is $1,450 down $319 a month before tax 12,000 mile a month a unreasonable offer?
  • acuhonfanacuhonfan Member Posts: 10
    Hey, Liz. Is that a base TSX or a tech? Remember the everyday deal right now on a 10K per year lease is $299/month with $2,499 up front. Another $1,000 up-front would put your deal pretty much equivalent to that, and you know you can do better by reading this forum. If this is a tech you're talking about, then that would have been a good deal in my opinion. I'd try another dealer if you can.
    Sounds as if you were dealing with the "lovely" sales people over at Acura of Ocean or Precision Acura, LOL. Before I walked away from the DCH Heart deal, I asked them for a base TSX quote for 12K miles and it went from $319 a month for 10K miles to $335 a month with the same $696.50 OOP plus $750 ASAP coupon. I was unable to negotiate any lower hitting the "he would be losing money on the deal" threshold. This would have come to about $12421 overall plus our $750 ASAP coupon. Your deal at $12615 overall is pretty low in comparison, but then again your numbers are without tax. Even AXM's DCH Heart deal at $299 a month with $2500 OOP would come to $12965 overall. I think it is worth checking out DCH Heart or DCH Montclair.

Best of luck!
  • stevecarstevecar Member Posts: 148
    I am turning in our TL with 9000 miles under for a TSX. Similar deal in middlesex county NJ. Where did you get this ASAP coupon?
    That is a great deal ejoyce! I almost bought from DCH Montclair but they were quoting me much higher prices. Who was your salesperson?

Tell me more about the rollover program? Should I have opted for 10k since I will probably be leasing another Acura?

I think I did pick up the polished and ebony that you were supposed to get! lol
    I'm thinking a trying Park Ave Acura in NJ. Anyone have any experience with them?

Also, for those of you in NY/NJ area, I'm wondering how your TSX performed this past winter in the snow. Dealer told me I should be OK as long as I stay with the stock tires
  • joem23joem23 Member Posts: 1
    Is this a good deal for tsx $370 / month, $1000 down 15k miles / year. Not with tech package. Thanks Joe
  • memesgoofymemesgoofy Member Posts: 14
    Where did you get the $750 coupon. I have read about the $750 dealer cash.

Thanks
  • bryan41bryan41 Member Posts: 12
    I posted before that I was offered $299 per month with $2500 total out of pocket on as 12/36 lease from DCH Heart. I called the dealer today and now they are saying that my total out of pocket will be $2500 + first month and destination!

So...essential their offering $299 + $3500 out of pocket...this doesn't seem like a good deal. What do you think?
    Doesn't sound good. Who was your sales person? How is your credit situation? You sure it's DCH Heart?
    Demetri is the guy I've been dealing with. Credit isn't fine but hasn't even been run yet!
    Yes, its Heart Acura in Wappingers Falls...
    Should I try another dealer? What should I be shooting for as a payment with $2500 total out of pocket. I'm looking for a 12/36 lease on a TSX base.
    Well I don't know about other dealers. DCH got me the best deal by far, as well as other peeps here. With $2500 you should get your $300 per month since I pay $326 with $1100. Good luck!
    Went to first dealer a few weeks ago, he offered $319 a month 36 month 12,000 miles a year with $1,450 down. With tax it would be $341 a month. I went back this weekend to order the car and I was told that it was not 12,000 but 10,000 miles a year.

Today I emailed another dealer and he said he would match the offer. When we got there he said that he would not match it. The best he could offer me was $1,500 down. $319 a month, $341 with tax for 36 months at 10,000 miles a year. When I showed him the email he talked his way out of it and in the end said he made a mistake. My current lease is up next week so I signed the agreement.

Now, reading this board I think I did not get such a great deal, so I'm asking for your opinion, is this deal fair? I have a day to get my deposit back. Also, the discounted cost of the car they said was $26,800.
    First off...I meant credit IS fine in the previous post. They haven't run the credit yet but it won't be a problem.

Where is DCH? Is that in Montclair NJ?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're very welcome, AXM23. Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your deal with everyone. As you know, real world examples like this are always helpful for others who are in the market for similar vehicles. If you haven't already, make sure to hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with others as well. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi marys236. To the best of my knowledge, the rumor that Acura recently enhanced its lease programs is incorrect. I am going to make some calls to double check though. According to the latest information that I have seen, as of a couple of days ago Honda Finance's buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Acura TSX is .00215 for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier. Honda Finance's current 36 mo. / 15k resid for a base '09 TSX is 60%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Jimmy. The best way to evaluate a lease is to look at the selling price that it is based upon. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Let us know what this car's selling price is and I;m sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will gladly give you their opinion on this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    What's the current lease program for a base TSX 36 Month, 10,000 a year. Dealer told me that my price was $26,800. $1,500 out of pocket does not go towards car but all fees. He said he gave me the $750 incentive in the price. With that the monthly lease payment comes to $319 plus 7% tax = $341. Does that seem right?

How would this change if I had gone with 12,000 miles a year
    The lease mileage rollover was offered in a letter received from Acura (believe it was entitled Lease Loyality Advantage Program). It allowed you to rollover unused mileage on any current Acura lease up to 10K miles onto any new Acura lease. This program was only valid when leasing in NJ, PA and DE. The other letter we received was entitled the Acura Select Advantage Program which had a coupon that could be used towards the purchase or cap cost reduction on a lease on the following vehicles ($2K off MDX, $1K off TL or RDX, $750 off TSX). These were both direct mailings. I believe we dealt with Lisa over at DCH. We are very happy with the TSX.
    OK, DCH is now offering $3000 down $299 per month at 12,000 miles per year.
    I do not have the ASAP coupon. He's saying that the others that got the great deals with him had the coupon.

Is this a good deal?
    The best 36 month/12K mile base TSX deal i have seen was AXM's from DCH Heart in Wappingers Falls, NY. It was $299 a month with $2500 due at signing. His deal also included body side moldings and mud guards. This deal seems to be the best around the tri-state area at the moment. Get your best deal from them and see if DCH Montclair can match them. If not, enjoy the long drive to upstate NY.
    Haha, no, DCH Heart is in NY. Google it. That's explains the offer change.
  • erniesthebomberniesthebomb Member Posts: 2
    Get your money back. Ive never not haggled the extra miles @ no extra cost.
    Haim, that quote was from DCH Heart in Wappingers Falls NY.....
    Do you think I should pass on it?
    I would try working with them a little. A few people here got excellent leases from them without any problems or haggles. What is the sale price now?
    Haim,

Did you have the ASAP coupon? That might be the difference in the deal...
    Didn't have any coupons. I got an initial sale price of $25,990 (w/ destination), so I worked my lease around this number.
    Congratulations on getting your new TSX, ejoyce423. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. If you'd like, you can also hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with others as well. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Hey liz15. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2009 Acura TSX with 10,000 miles per year are .00215 and 63%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Let's take a look at the selling price that you were quoted. The dealer invoice price of an base '09 TSX with an automatic transmission is $27,398. If one subtracts the available $750 dealer cash from that it drops to around $26,648. A selling price off $26,800 is only slightly above that, so you are being offered a very good deal.

I just double checked this car's payment and it is right on the money. If you like it, I personally don't see any reason not to go for it.

Car_man
    Host
  • scooter21scooter21 Member Posts: 14
    Does anyone know if the current programs will be better, worse, or the same in April? I'm in MA and the best deal so far is $339 per month for 36mos/12k yr with $295 doc fee and first month cash due at signing. (I have the $750 HF cash plus the $750 dealer cash).
    In my opinion you did not get a great deal compared to what some of us got a couple of weeks ago. Did you read the previous posts?
    I don't think DCH Montclair will match it. I tried to get my car from them before driving up to Wappinger Falls and DCH Montclair told me there was no way I was getting that deal. They thought the dealer was lying to me and was going to hit me with extra fees when I went to pick up the vehicle. Sure enough, they DID NOT hit me with any other fees.

I think they may have made an error in my deal because other dealers could not come close to my deal.
    I don't think they've made an error in your deal since few other people, including me got similar. People in this business do not make mistakes. I think they simply had a large inventory which they purchased at discounted price. That allowed to sell cars much lower than other dealers without high mark ups. My local dealer offered me to match their price once they learned about my deal, but it was too late.
    Checked around other dealers in NJ /NY area... although they gave me a lower price the upfront cost changes and in the end it's the same deal. What do you think a "good" dealer would be for a 10,000 mile 36 month lease on a base TSX?
    I've been dealing with Demetry at Heart Acura and I can't get him to budge off $330 per month, $2000 down 12/36 on a TSX Base.

This feels like about $10-15 more that some have paid, What do you guys think, shoulder I pull the trigger? I'm thinking about possibly waiting to see what the April TSX offer is...what should I do?

This vehicle definately leases cheaper than every other vehicle in its class that I have researched.
    That's definitely a grand more than we have paid. Could be due to a shorter lease term. How's your credit?

They sure got a sweet deal on RDX Tech, 6 grand below MSRP.
    Credit is good but they haven't run credit yet.
    I'm so pissed! I really just want a similar deal to what you guys got and he won't give it to me!
    Wanna give him a buzz and put in a good word for me :)
    Did you do 39 months?
    Haim,

Would you be willing to to a guy a favor and provide me with your purchase invoice? My local dealer will match the deal with a purchase invoice...
    What do you mean my purchase invoice? You want a copy of the contract? That's a no-go. Besides, it's from February, with different terms. I don't see why they need a copy of an invoice to match the deal. If they said they could match it, they should stop playing games.
  • lovevenulovevenu Member Posts: 1
    All,

I got a lease deal of 12K/36months, $320 a month. I'm putting down the payment for the taxes, tags, plus 1st month and whatever else. OP = 3000. It is for a 2009 TSX w/o Tech pkg. I have the car waiting for me today. Any advice.
    Here is my lease, let me know what you think?

Selling price $26,792
    Upfront costs $ 1,805 also includes registration, and all fees and first month payment
    12,000 miles / 36 month
    $340 a month includes 7% sales tax

How did I do?
    Thought I read and questoned everything .. but I'm just reading what I signed and I have a question. The agreement says the final selling price of the car was $26,792. But the Gross Capitalized Cost was $27,672. Why is the Gross Capitalized Cost more then the final selling price? Is it taxes 7%?

I paid the following upfront costs:

Doc fee was $249
    Acq Fee $595
    Tire Fee $7.50
    Registration $187.50
    Cap cost reduction $426
    First month payment $340

It was a 12,000 mile 36 month lease $340 a month with 7% tax.

I just want to understand... thanks for your help