Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX Lease Questions

Comments

• bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    Great job! The deals still seem to be better than just getting an Accord. $0 down is always the way to go! I still haven't test driven the TSX and I would lease one now in a heart beat. I plan to take a 1hr trip to test drive one soon, but it might put make it worse on me now, I am stuck in a current lease. At least until spring.

But, atleast I will be educated.
  • biker4biker4 Member Posts: 746
    It depends on who's selling the car. Two months ago a person trying to sell via private party gave up and sold their car to CarMax for around $25K w/20k on the odo. - tho this was for a 6MT model. The prices may have come down a bit from then due to '10 models being more available. 25K would be a great price for that few a miles but even 26k would be good - you're getting a 4K discount for 6k miles.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hello bstok. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 TSX with 15,000 miles per year are .00203 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier. The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher and the 10k resid would be 3% higher.

Honda Finance's base lease acquisition fee is $595.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi kayko. The dealer invoice price of a 2009 Acura TSX Tech with an automatic transmission is $30,474. If one subtracts the available $1,250 dealer cash from that it drops to $29,224. I could see someone getting a brand new version of this car in the high $28,000s.

You're basically getting this demo for dealer invoice minus around $0.30 per mile for the miles that it has on it. I personally would want more of a discount for the demo miles if I was looking at this car...otherwise I would just go with a brand new TSX, but everyone has their own threshold for how much of an additional discount it will take to convince them to go with a demo.

Car_man
    Host
  • hythemrhythemr Member Posts: 1
    Is that VIP AUTONY legit? Their leases are real low in comparison to everyone else.
  • rafa2rafa2 Member Posts: 2
    i am considering leasing the 2010 tsx 4 cylinder, no nav, 12k mi/yr/3 yrs-no money down-i am in ny-long island--i was quoted 445/mo. can you please let me know if this is a decent quote. thanks
    $445? Haha, yeah right!? Unless the 2010 has a huge bump in cost, this quote is worth nothing. Horrible.

What was the sale price?
  • rafa2rafa2 Member Posts: 2
    hi- i think you forgot to factor in what the taxes would be on the 299/mo offer-i believe it would add about another 40 bucks to the monthly lease amount[so 299 plus 100 plus 40=approx 440
  • mdx4mywifemdx4mywife Member Posts: 9
    I was contacted by the Acura dealer where we purchased my wifes MDX in 2008. They told me they had great deals on the 2010 TSX V6 and asked if I was interested. We had been looking at downsizing to a car from the MDX so I listened. Thier current lease offer on a TSX V6 with Tech Package is 36 months 12K/year and $447. This includes taking my MDX in on trade. I can also take a check from them for the equity I have in the MDX and get the TSX for $489/month with absolutely nothing out of pocket. My wife has not yet driven the TSX so that we will definately have to do. I would appreciate the expert opinions on this deal. They are discounting the TSX over $4200 claiming incentives from Acura.
  • hbeanhbean Member Posts: 8
    I have been wondering the same thing about VIP Auto NY and the other lease brokers. I got a quote from VIP Auto NY on the Acura TSX Base Model and was given the following:

36 Month Term
    10,000 Miles per year
    Base Payment: $357.39
    Total Payment (Including Tax) = $379.99
    MSRP: $30,120
    Purchase Option: $18,875
    Money Due at Inception: $1324.94 (includes 1st month payment, acquisition fee of $595, Registration Fee and Document Fee of $300, Upfront Taxes of $38.37, Cap Reduction Cost of $11.58)

When you divide the money due at inception over the 36 month term (excluding the first month's payment), that is really closer to $405 per month. I was able to do better at a local dealership and I felt more comfortable.

I also worked with a lease broker M & V Leasing out of NJ to try to get an Audi A4, but just felt uncomfortable with the transaction.

Please let us know if you end up going with VIP Auto NY and if it is legitimate.
  • zoranzoran Member Posts: 69
    Dear Car-man , can you please post lease rates for 36 mo, 10, and 12k miles for tsx 4,and six cylinder auto, with or without technology.

Thanks
  • rosenbj1rosenbj1 Member Posts: 20
    Hi Car_Man:
    I'm looking to lease a 2010 TSX-4cyl base for 36mo/12k in NJ. With today's money factor through Honda leasing and residual, along with any current dealer cash, what would you consider a good deal these days on a monthly payment? Thanks.
  • acacia379acacia379 Member Posts: 4
    I'm happy with the deal I got. I understand everyone needs to make a couple bucks and I dont expect anyone to work for free. Dont take advantage of me and you have a customer for life.

Paid Invoice
    Got the car for $433/month
    $0 out the door.
    Gave me $1500 over my lease buyout on my 2007 TL..which I had 7 months to go on.

3yr

Real happy with the service I received from Lehigh Valley Acura in Pennsylvania. My local dealer tried to poke me in the eye with my 1st Acura purchase years ago and I fired them and deal with a dealership 40 miles away. Whole transaction took 10 minutes over the phone. Drove there and picked up the car and went home. Pleasant experience. Anyone dealing with a Reading Piazza Acura should drive a bit for a pleasant experience.
  • albert72albert72 Member Posts: 200
    Hi Carman,

We now have a short list of cars we would like to lease including the TSX.

We would like a 36 month 36k lease and were wondering if you have the new MF and residuals on a Base TSX with Automatic Transmission. We are getting no other options on the car.

Are there any other marketing support dollars or Honda loyalty money available that you are aware of?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Acacia 379,

Are you saying $433 / month (did this include tax?).

Which TSX did you get and what options - final sticker price including options was?

When you say they gave you $1500 above lease buyout for your car - do you mean they cut you a check or did they apply the amount above the lease buyout toward a cap cost reduction?

Did you work with a sales person or the internet dept and are you allowed to provide their name?

Thanks & how do you like the car?
    Hello zoran. Here's the info that you're looking for. Acura's new November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 TSX 4-cylinder with 12,000 miles per year are .00168 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a base TSX V6 are .00119 and 57%.

If you were to lease either of these cars with only 10,000 miles per year, their resids would be 1% higher. The addition of the Tech package knocks 3% off of the above resids.

Acura is providing special cash incentives on TSX V6 models, $1,500 on the base and $2,000 on the Tech. Make sure to take this cash into account during your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
  • scottshredderscottshredder Member Posts: 6
    I was quoted $495 sign and drive for TSX 4 cylinder 6 speed manual with tech package; taxes, tags, inceptions all rolled into 30 month lease with 10k miles per year....From DCH Montclair Acura in NJ...

I am thinking this is a good deal, no?
    Thanx Gexo, I thought their number was too high; was your $440 price inclusive of tax?And was this price with zero $0 down, sign and drive? thanx for your help
    Thanks for your help carman. We picked up a '10 yesterday. It is the basic model with a 4 cyl engine but we did get an automatic transmission.

Its a very nice car. Hopefully it has Honda reliability. We got a 3 yr 36k lease at $367 + tax. The only money we paid was for the first month's payment. The plates, title and all that stuff were rolled into the monthly payment and I think we got a pretty good price.
  • gexogexo Member Posts: 33
    yeah it included everything in
  • gator00sigator00si Member Posts: 61
    I just signed a lease I couldn't refuse based on the following terms:

2010 Acura TSX V-6 Base
    36 months
    15,000 miles/year
    $0 due at signing (first payment and all fees rolled into lease)
    $427/month including tax

Dealers are moving the V-6 models even further than $1,500 (marketing support) below invoice. No one wants them so they are ready to deal. My deal's cap cost wound up being around $2,500 below invoice.

Hope this helps your negotiations!
    Wow that sounds like an awesome deal! Where did you get it? The lowest number I am getting is $495 and thats for 10k miles per year and for the 4cylinder tsx w/tech package...same zero down sign and drive but the car I am getting prices almost 2 grand less than your v-6....
    Yes, many are trying to justify getting the V6. First off, its honda, so the 4cyl will satisfy most and the fact that the V6 is a huge premium over the 4cyl in terms of cost. You did not get a bad deal, but you had to give up the tech package for the extra power. I could not really justify getting the V6 and the tech at its cost. You might as well get a TL.

I think Honda will find that most will not opt for the V6, especially for the price tag.

You got a great deal though. I am looking to lease a TSX in the spring, tech/w the 4cyl. It seems that it is leasing better than the Accord. However, if I get an Accord then I will opt for the V6.
  • smarty666smarty666 Member Posts: 1,503
    I agree with you, something doesn't seem right here, one Acura dealer is offering 0 down with $427 a month for a TSX V6 base yet another dealership is offering 0 down with $495 a month for a TSX 4cyl Tech package? how is the V6 that much lower a month when it is about 2-3k more expensive then the 4cyl with tech package?

something just doesn't seem right here!! I would shop around at other dealers then for the 4cyl with tech because that price sounds ridiculous; the price the other guy got on the base V6 seems pretty good for a car costing almost 34k with 0 down
  • gator00sigator00si Member Posts: 61
    Yeah ofcourse I would have gotten the TL but the best payment I could get was almost $100 more per month given the same terms and the best payment I could get on the 4 cyl was $400 per month given the same terms. So, for a measly $27 more per month I got the V-6 that is like $5 or $6 grand more car. Acura is not offering any lease cash on the TL or TSX 4 cyl this month so the obvious winner here is the TSX V-6. On another note, I was offered $490/mo based on same terms for a V-6 Tech TSX. That is a great deal too but unfortunately its over my budget but I'm very happy with what I got.

On another, my '07 base TSX that I turned in had a 6 disc changer and my '10 TSX V6 ($36k vehicle +) only has a single disc CD player WTF!!! I found this out setting up the stereo settings after I signed the deal :-(
    Yes, I would have done the exact same thing you did too! Good move!

Are you serious, the $36k TSX V6 only has a single CD player? That may seem like a small issue, but for me, as music guy, that would be a huge problem!! Wow, see I never knew that.

Seriously, if the 06 Accord SE had this, why is it that the TSX does not.
    But, I think they are wanting you to get the tech package which has more music options such as the 6cd changer. So if I get the TSX, I am literally forced to get the tech.
    Regarding 1 disc CD I was told they assume most customers now have an iPod or MP3 and no longer need the multi-disc player. Probably true 50 percent of the time at least.
    Yes, now that you do mention it. I do use my ipod in my car quite a bit! lol, but having a full changer full of tunes is still very nice to have. I will probably opt for the TSX 4cyl tech model. Still possibly be cheaper than the Accord lease.
  • tomtrav1tomtrav1 Member Posts: 8
    2010 tsx base v-6 for 36 mo 10k 389.00 mo.tax and dmv fees paid out of pocket total 1348.00.the v6 was far better on the road and was only 20.00 more per mo.
  • cmks02cmks02 Member Posts: 22
    Car Man:

Your post states the residual and money rate for a 36 month lease. The Acura web site offers a base TSX on a 30 month lease for $289 per month. Is your 36 month deal the same as the factory 30 month deal, or am I comparing apples and oranges.
    You're very welcome, albert72. Congratulations on getting your new TSX. Thanks for taking the time to stop back and let everyone know how things turned out. If you haven't already and you have the time, make sure to stop by the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of this site to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience.

Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Hi cmks02. Acura's special lease money factor is indeed the same for both 30 and 36 month leases. The residual values for those terms would be different though. Honda Finance's current 36 month, 15,000 mile per year residual value for a base 2010 4-cylinder TSX without the Tech Package is 59%. Its 30 month residual value for this car is 65%.

Car_man
    Host
  • cmks02cmks02 Member Posts: 22
    Car man:

Here's the deal I just got on a 2010 base TSX, 36 month lease, 10K miles per year...I turned in a leased 2007 TL 2 months early, which was figured into my deal with the remaining 2 payment to Acura Finance covered by the dealer.

MSRP - $30,120 inc dest charge
    +Sales Tax - ~$900
    Cap cost - $29,175 including sales tax
    Cap Cost Reduction - zero
    Residual - $18,675
    Money factor - .00137
    Monthly payment - $372
    OTD - $692 (included 1 month payment, title, plates, doc)

I think I got a pretty good deal.
  • alanf1alanf1 Member Posts: 1
    Just inked a lease on a 2010 TSX base model.
    3-year lease, 12,000 miles, residual 61%, payments $364/mo (includes 6.25% MA sales tax) plus about $1,000 for acquisition plus title and registration. Cap cost price was reduced to $27,750 with a money factor of .00168.

Did I get ripped off? It was a long, hard negotiation and hope it was worth it.
    If you trading only 2mths early. You should have easily had positive equity! When your pay off was lower than your value! I hope you didn't get that thrown away. The dealer didn't eat anything....it was worth more than your pay off. Unless, you went over your mileage like crazy or some light damage to the car.

Calculate what your pay off was, and then look up your trade value...then this will be your equity you could have got with the new deal. Now, you won't get 100% of that equity, but most or some of it.

Hope this helps, of course if its signed and done, you'll know for next time, and to not trust this dealer again. :)
  • vikingmanvikingman Member Posts: 2
    Here is my quote from local acura dealer. Is this a fair price?

2010 TSX tech, 6 Cylinder.
    $34,200 CAP
    36/12k TERM
    $473.29 MONTHLY
    $595 ACQ FEE
    $53.55 TAX (Pennsylvania)
    $193.50 T & T
    $1315.34 DUE (we will include all season mats)

Thanks for any help/comments. I appreciate it.

Regards
    VikingMan
  • cargirl31cargirl31 Member Posts: 10
    Hi there,

I'm about to lease or buy a new 2010 tsx base I4. I've been getting quotes from the internet sales dept's of a few delaers as well as one actual dealership that I visited in person. So far, the best offers I have are:

$27,900 purchase price (can take advantage of 2.9% financing for up to 60 mo.) OR
    $349/mo lease, $2k up front for taxes and fees, 12k miles/yr, 36 months. money factor .00168, residual value 61% of MSRP (30,120)

How much more can I get away with, or what would be the best price I can expect to actually get now? I'm looking to sign the deal by Saturday.

I'm still torn on the buy vs. lease thing though. How would you all feel about having this car long-term (meaning 5+ years)? How well do you think the value of this particular model will hold up? Historically they've done well, but it seems that so many people are iffy on the new design Acura has opted for on all it's models. If this changes again in a few years, will it be a disadvantage to own one in this design? I personally like it, but aesthetics is all a matter of opinion. Is it more worthwhile to trade up again in 3 years? I can swing the payments either way, and if all goes according to plan, I can either upgrade a lease or have the car paid off in 4 years. Any opinions would be much appreciated, esp. in regards to your experience buying or leasing this particular car.

Thanks!
    I think you can do better on a lease. Start with $0 down. Then work on the deal more. If you like the car after the 3 years, then keep it, but if you know right now that you will keep it, then get a loan on it and keep it. Acura keeps their value really well so this will make for a better outcome. I usually keep leasing and trading every 2yrs or so, but then again, I haven't been truly happy with one car. Though, I would still have my Accord, but ended up trading again. I could see myself keeping the TSX. So if you want to keep it longer, my best advice ever.......get what you want!! Of course within reason and practicality..but get it. Or you'll be sooner or later wanting out. I plan to trade yet again this coming spring, and I will be looking very close at the TSX. It will be 2yrs into my current lease at the point, so I'll be getting the bug to trade.

This car would cost a bit more to maintain, however, you should have minimal issues, as it is essentially a Honda. But, fancier parts.

You should start some email quotes through acura.com, start with $0 down.
    Don't let dealers bully you, There are plenty of dealers. Look over previous quotes here too.
  • gottsxgottsx Member Posts: 2
    I leased 2010 TSX today. Paying $275 after 5K down for 30 months. I love it. This is my first Accura and already loving it. Not sure about the deal .. Let me know what you guys think about this deal.
  • ddobddob Member Posts: 11
    Got quoted the following for a 2010 Base 4cy. with both a 30 mo. and 36 mo. 15000miles:
    MSRP 30120
    Sales price 27769
    MV 270
    Doc 296
    Acqu 595
    Internet 6.50
    NJ tire tax 7.50
    NJ sales tax 7%
    Residual 30 mo .61 16939.09
    Residual 36 mo .59 16383.71
    MF .00168

monthly 30 mo.: $380.69
    monthly 36 mo. $382.38

$1556.89 OTD

I still have 3 months left on an "07 at $330.67/mo.15Kmi./yr. I could simply pay that off ($992.01)for a total OTD of $2548.19, but I think that would be pretty much throwing that money out the window. I currently have 41,700 miles. Does Acura offer a 60 day Credit Rate Lock like BMW? If so, wouldn't it be better to drive the car into February and only eat one month's payment before hitting my mileage limit? Car Man please help! One last thing: I like the Basque Red, but they don't have one in stock. they have plenty of Grigio's which would be my second choice.
    Thanks for the info. I ended up just buying it on Saturday since I think I got a great deal ($27k even). So far I LOVE it, and am definitely glad I bought this one. I got the colors I want (grigio/ebony) and a fantastic car. Couldn't be happier.
  • gottsxgottsx Member Posts: 2
    I believe you got a good deal. 27K was on road or its the 27K + tax+ tag and title?
  • kvalentinokvalentino Member Posts: 12
    I got a very similar offer here in Jersey...but I think we can do better.
    That was just the purchase price. With tax (at 8.625% in NY), tags, title it came to $30k even (weird how that worked out!). I also had no trade-in vehicle. The closest any other dealer was willing to come to that deal was over $500 more. I also got the protective pack (mud guards, all season mats, wheel locks) at dealer cost ($250).
    If you were replying to me, the $27789 was w/o TTL
  • tsx114tsx114 Member Posts: 3
    Cargirl31,

I am looking to purchase in the next week. Which car dealership in NY gave you that price if you dont mind me asking? Also I thought the sales tax in NY was 8.875?

Thanks.
    I actually got it at Paragon Acura in Queens. Sales tax is based on where you live and will register the car, so mine was at 8.625%. (http://ny.rand.org/stats/govtfin/salestax.html). You can also deduct sales tax on a new car purchased by Dec. 31 on your 2009 tax return. This was part of the economic stimulus package.

I know there were are negative things posted about Paragon on various websites, so I did all my research berfore walking in the door and went prepared and not expecting much. I was very straightforward with them on what I wanted and I wouldn't settle for less. I was able to work out a fair deal pretty quickly, and it wasn't a bad experiene at all. They had a holiday sale going on so def. ask about this if you go there. The prices on their sale flyer were a little lower than I paid, but only for the color combos that weren't selling well.

Good luck!
  • sflease1sflease1 Member Posts: 6
    I was able to lease a 2010 base TSX for 350.00 a month with 1350 drive off tax included. 36 month/12000 miles. I might have been able to do better but was under the gun from Santa. If you need all the details let me know. The only room at these numbers is with inception monies. The purchase price was in the low 27's.
    can you give us details?
  • crash7921crash7921 Member Posts: 1
    Got quoted $485 (including taxes) for a 4 cyl. 2010 TSX Tech, 15k / yr , 36 months. Total OTD is about $625 (1st month pmt and $140 in fees).

Is this a fair deal?