Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX Lease Questions

Comments

• delta737hdelta737h Member Posts: 626
    edited July 2010
    jamesbond15,

The buy rate is usually reserved for those with the very best credit. The money factor, reported by the Edmunds forum hosts as well as the money factor implicit in national/regional promo ads, is the buy rate. Although not explicitly stated, one can calculate the money factor using the information provided in most lease promo ads. Absent this information, however, you pretty much have to rely on the good people at Edmunds or, folks like Tarry Shebesta at Leasecompare to provide the money factors. Otherwise, you're at the mercy of the dealerships. Ask three different dealers and you're likely to get three different answers. Ultimately, though, your money factor is dependent upon the fund provider's underwriting criteria.

I was told by a Honda dealership that AHFC uses a tiered structure that's tied to credit scores and underwriting criteria. The dealer gets a flat fee from AHFC regardless of the money factor assigned. I don't know if this is true or not. If it is true, however, there is no reason for the dealer not to disclose the buy rate. In those instances where the tiers are dependent upon reserves, the dealer quoted rate may or may not be the buy rate. There's really no way of knowing unless someone with this information is willing to provide it. Because dealerships have agency agreements with the fund providers, you can't call the funder provider like you would a bank to get mortgage rates. The fund provider will tell you to call the dealer and so, you're right back at square one.

See, now you got me started... Talk about Obama's financial reform... REG M (Consumer Retail Leasing) needs to be overhauled BIG TIME! And, it's all because of GREED and people's cowardly refusal to do the right thing. Notice that the money factor is NOT a required disclosure in lease transactions. Also, fund providers can calculate payments in any manner they choose. For instance, Ford and GMAC use interest rates; not money factors which is okay. However, it's NOT okay for GMAC to continue with their long-standing practice of cheating lease customers by discounting the residual one month nearer to the present (i.e., R / (1 + i)) where R is the residual value and i is the montlhy interest rate. This causes the monthly payment to inflate by a few dollars. This grossly flawed and totally irrational practice flies in the face of reason and is mathemtically, financially, and actuarially unsound.

Inappropriate or skewed computations only serve to justify the rationale for incorporating standard computational methods in the Federal Reserve Board’s Regulation M paralleling those of its Regulation Z (Truth-in-Lending) cousin.

Yup, that's all we need is more government regulation which translates to more bureaucracy; more government drones; more corruption; and MORE WASTE!

Hope I've adequately addressed your concerns. Thanks for your patience!

John
  • mg2020mg2020 Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2010
    I just got back from a dealer in Massachusetts after looking at a base model TSX. The dealer offered me a 15,000 miles/year, 36 month lease for $267.00 which includes tax, title, and registration. The price they used was $28,000 less $6,000 for my trade-in. The money factor was 0.00142 and the residual value is $17,498. The dealer also told me the additional 5,000 miles per year are sold at $0.15 per mile.

When I put the numbers into the lease calculators, it comes to about $215 per month. Is this because it does not include the additional miles I'm purchasing?

Also, isn't the residual value low by about $1,000?

Thanks in advance.
    edited July 2010
    mg2020,

At the moment, no one can answer your question except the dealer. You haven't provided enough information. For instance, what is being capitalized in the lease? The acquisition fee? The dealer doc fee? What are you paying upfront? What is the MSRP... "the ($28,000) price they used"? What does the $28,000 price mean? MSRP? Sell price? Is the 17,498 residual before or after mileage adjustments? The money factor payment formula is...

P = F X (C + R) + (C - R)/N

P = monthly base payment
    F = money factor
    C = adjusted cap cost
    R = residual value
    N = term

IF the 28,000 IS the sell price AND IF you're not financing anything in the lease, then the adjusted cap is $22,000 ($28,000 - $6,000). If so, your payment (P) is $181.14 assuming a residual of $17,498. IF the residual is 17,498 - 0.15 x 15,000 = 15,248, then your payment is $240.45. These, of course, are educated guesses as I don't have my crystal ball handy (lol).

MA taxes the payment streams as they're received. You haven't provided your sales tax rate. Because the $240.45 payment seems more likely than the $181.14 payment, the sales tax rate is 267.00/240.45 - 1 or about 11%. Although possible, that seems high to me. And so, it's unlikely that the adjusted cap is $22,000.

Do you understand what's happening? I'm guessing as there are just too many unknowns.

The only way to determine exactly what's going on is to ask the dealer for their LEASE WORKSHEET. This is a computer generated document that will tell you everything you need to know and then some. The beauty of this document is that it always tells the truth. Everything is disclosed in black and white eliminating any possibility of confusion and misunderstanding.

There is absolutely no reason for the dealer not to give you this document. If they refuse, simply tell them that you can't do business with them. However, if they do provide it and; you need help in confirming/interpreting all the data (calculations, etc), you may email it to me at

diffeq@zoominternet.net

and I'll be happy to provide you with a comprehensive analysis.

John

PS: For whatever it's worth, you may also want to read my post #1872.
  • romayerromayer Member Posts: 4
    Thanks, JB15. Do you happen to also have the money factor and residual for the base TSX?
  • jamesbond15jamesbond15 Member Posts: 145
    Sorry, I don't have the current MF and RV. But just check back here again and I am sure one of the hosts will be able to provide that info for you.
  • jetsfan901jetsfan901 Member Posts: 3
    Dealer down in Fl. offered me a 39 month lease, 10k per year
    for $420.00 per month which includes 7% sales tax with $0 out of pocket.
    MSRP is $33270.00.
    I will have more specifics on the lease later today.
    Any opinions on this deal would be greatly appreciated. Need to do a deal
    by this Thursday.
  • phenom614phenom614 Member Posts: 2
    First time poster, long timer lurker. Thank you for putting this forum together. Very helpful.

I am closing on a deal on a TSX 4cyl with Tech and need a bit of assistance to verify it I'm making the right moves.

MSRP:33,220
    Selling Price: 29,250
    Acquisition Fee: 595
    Gross Cap: 29,845
    MF: .00142 <--- should be .00132, but they say they had to adjust it to reach a $372 payment???
    Residual: 57%
    36 Months / 12,000 Miles

Base Monthly/Single Payment: 372.32
    Tax: 7%
    Payment: 398.36

They 'claim' the following is already included:
    $599 Doc Fee
    $41.23 Tax on Doc Fee
    $21.00 Registration/Lemon Fee

$0 Down, $0 First Month Payment, $0 Security Deposit. Sign and Drive.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.
    edited July 2010
    phenom614,

You said the following...

"They 'claim' the following is already included: $599 Doc Fee $41.23 Tax on Doc Fee $21.00 Registration/Lemon Fee $0 Down, $0 First Month Payment, $0 Security Deposit. Sign and Drive."

Included??? What does that mean? Financed in the lease? If so,it doesn't make a bit of sense and here's why...

Gross Cap............... $29,845
    Selling Price............ $29,250

The difference between these two (G - S) represents the amount capitalized (financed) in the lease. This difference amounts to $595 which looks like the only thing being financed is the acquisition fee. Yet, the $599 doc fee alone exceeds this difference. So, now the gross cap is questionable. Furthermore, it's not at all clear to me which of the two money factors was used.

Here's what I do when leasing...

1st Rule Do your homework. Research selling price by checking invoice pricing and incentives at Edmunds. Also, check overstock at zag.com for competitive sell prices in your area. Research the money factor and be sure you're getting the "buy" rate if your credit is good enough to qualify (see discussion below).

2nd Rule Create a one-page lease proposal. It must be on your letterhead and be a very professional looking document. All calculations must be spot on and contain no errors of any kind. Include all pertinent data such as a description of the vehicle, MSRP, sell price, amounts capitalized (e.g., taxes, acq. fee, etc), cap reductions (e.g., trade, cash down, etc), money factor, residual factor, residual value, term, taxable payment, lease payment, amounts due up front (itemized), contract provisions (gap insurance, excess mileage charge, applicable disposition/purchase option fees). All dollar amounts are calculated, not by the dealer, but by you using a program that you created.

A professional looking one-page lease proposal speaks volumes about you... it sends the message that you know and understand leasing. That quickly serves notice to the dealer, and so; they're not as inclined to play games.

3rd Rule Fax/email the proposal to the dealer and negotiate via phone/email from the comfort of your home/office with your laptop excel spreadsheet lease program fired up and ready to rumble! The only thing you're likely to negotiate is the sell price and that only requires a few keystrokes on your laptop. And, bing-bang-boom you're done! This suggests that the biggest advantage of a lease proposal is that it saves time, money, and aggravation.

If you like, email me at

diffeqzoominternet.net

and I'll send you a few sample lease proposals.

The key is that you must control the deal. Never allow a dealer to control the deal by allowing them to "run the numbers". Trying to figure out the dealer's numbers is often a pointless exercise and, frankly, a waste of time unless, of course, you have a copy of their LEASE WORKSHEET. This is a computer generated document that eliminates confusion and guess work and will tell you everything you need to know and then some. The beauty of this document is that it always tells the truth. Allowing the dealer to control will only end up costing you more money in most instances.

If I were you, I would ask the dealer for their lease worksheet. If they refuse to give you a copy, RUN; DON'T WALK! However, there is absolutely no reason for the dealer to refuse to give you a copy. If you like, you may email it to me and I will be happy to analyze it for you. DO NOT let them read numbers to you over the phone... that's BS. Tell them you want a hard copy of the lease worksheet. Otherwise, refuse to do business with them.

John
  • robger99robger99 Member Posts: 42
    Trying to decide between leasing a tsx auto vs accord coupe v6 auto. Drove the accord coupe 4 cyl. today and it felt very low to the ground w. anemic power.Did not have time to drive the v6 and have not test driven the tsx. Am downsizing my payment coming out of a 2008 g35 awd so I realize the two cars may seem somewhat lacking in both power and quality. The infiniti is an awesome car! Any input appreciated.
  • jetsfan901jetsfan901 Member Posts: 3
    Where is the dealer located. I am basically looking for the same deal. I thought I had a deal worked out, but the salesman just called and said they could not do it . They want $440.00 per month with zero out of pocket which I thought is high. I just contacted a dealership in Palm Beach to see what they can do.
  • phenom614phenom614 Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2010
    Jetsfan901 --- First off, I'm scared of the Jets this coming yr...you all should be sick. Bengals fan here <-- hoping we can repeat as AFC North Champs.

Anyways, the dealer is Sons Acura in Morrow, GA. The details of my deal which I signed last night: Crystal Black Acura TSX 4Cyl with Tech. 36 mo / 12k

MSRP: $33,270
    Sale Price: $29,275
    Acq Fee: $595

Residual: .00142 (However, you can get .00132 if you 'Sign and Drive')
    Money Factor: 57%

Payment: $372.31
    Tax: 7%
    Payment + tax: $398.37

Due at Signing: (DEALER COVERED ALL THE BELOW CHARGES)
    Doc Fee: $599
    Tax on Doc Fee: $41.93
    Reg Fee: $18
    Lemon Fee: $3
    1st Mon Payment: $398.37

I paid ABSOLUTELY $0 down:
    My deal: 35 Payments x 398.37 = $13942.95

They also threw in (with some negotiation):
    All Season Floor Mats and Trunk Tray (Protection Package 1) Value at $301.
    2 Free Oil & Filter Changes.

Hope this helps,

Who Dey!
  • paulvppaulvp Member Posts: 8
    Hey John ,
    I requested a dealers copy of the lease worksheet . Here it is
    Term -36mon
    base payment 306.00
    total payment 306.00
    purchase option 19,296.60
    msrp- 33,270.00
    est miles 10,000

Amount due at signing
    1st month - 306.00
    acquisition fee 595.00
    fees and ins -135.00
    upfront taxes -1,272.70
    CAP reduction (cash) 3,000
    total inception fees $$$ 5,308.70 $$$$$$

Can anyone advice if that price can be lower or any tips and tricks i can do .......
    thanks,
    paul
  • genixgenix Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2010
    2010 TSX w/ Tech 15k / 55% residual

MSRP 33270
    Cap Cost 29250
    MF .00110 (SHOULD BE .00132 but its lower so go figure)
    Cap Reduction 1302.80

License Fee 424
    Aq fee 595
    Doc Fee 45

Grand total pre tax is $336

I closed on this deal as i think this is the best deal i can get in socal.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi romayer. The options that a vehicle has do sometimes have an impact upon its lease program, but the TSX only currently has two programs available on it...one for the 4-cylinder and one for the V6.

In most of the country Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 TSX 4-cylinder with 15,000 miles per year are .00100 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier and opt to go with a zero due at signing lease. Acura's program for this model is a little better than this in California.

Having said that the addition of options has no impact upon this car's lease program, its dealer cash does vary depending upon whether the car is equipped with Tech. When negotiating your deal, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 dealer cash that is available on '10 TSX 4-cylinder models without the Tech package.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • jeanettebjeanetteb Member Posts: 3
    John,
    I tried to email you. I read your post and would appreciate a copy of a lease proposal you have. I tried to email you but I don't think your email address was complete. Please email me at jlbennett1023@yahoo.com
    Thank you.
    JB
  • 10sfan10sfan Member Posts: 136
    Agree with you 100% based on leasing both business and personal vehicles in the past 20 years. I also learned from experience to Never Trust a Deal when they run the numbers. Based on past experience with the several different dealerships, a deal can turn on a dime for the sake of profit over customer loyalty (what is that today ?) I would appreciate a copy of your sample lease proposal.
    Please e -mail to "ang10splayer@yahoo.com"
    jeanetteb & 10sfan,

My email address is

diffeq@zoominternet.net

John
  • ransomoldsransomolds Member Posts: 7
    Is this leasing company legally bound to sell me the car at the end of the lease term for the residual value stated in the contract? I ask because I expect my 2008 TSX will be worth much more than the residual when the lease is up.
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    Yes.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • rhagelrhagel Member Posts: 2
    Anyone know what the current money factor and residuals are for both a tech and non-tech TSX w/12k miles? I am in CA if that makes a difference.
  • aarajiaaraji Member Posts: 79
    Lots of folks asking about what deals people are getting - I got this in Maryland for a 3 year lease with 12,000 miles per year.

Break it down for me - 2010 TSX 4 Cyl with Tech:

Sale price (including destination):28,307.00
    Drive Off Money:400.98
    Monthly Payment (inc. Tax):400.98
    MF: .00142
    Residual:57%
    Taxes:1698.46
    Tags/Title:218.00
    Bank Fee:595.00
    Processing Fee:100.00

So 400.98 to drive off and 35 payments of 400.98 remaining
  • gb350gb350 Member Posts: 22
    Car_Man,

Was wondering if you can provide the residual and MF for a V6 model with Tech packages. 15K miles per year for 36 months, state would be NY.

Thanks,
  • car4523car4523 Member Posts: 4
    I'm in Texas, and looking to do a TSX lease

I am looking at an '10 with tech package.

Sale price is 30,462
    Money Factor - .00107
    Residual - 55%

I'm going to put 2500 down, and they are giving me 2000 equity on my trade in.

Payment is 338 per month.

How does this look?
  • car4523car4523 Member Posts: 4
    Did you put anything down in tihs? What did you pay out of pocket? TTL + first month payment?
    Hi ransomolds. The always helpful kingpcgeek is right. If you like your car and you believe that it is worth substantially more than its end-of-term purchase option prove on the open market then you may want to considering buying it at lease-end.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings rhagel. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Honda Finance's September California buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 4-cylinder 2010 TSX with 12,000 miles per year are .00064 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier and pay nothing at lease signing.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2010 4-cylinder TSX Tech are .00064 and and 55%.

When negotiating your lease on these cars, make sure to take advantage of the $750 dealer cash on the 4-cylinder TSX without Tech and $1,000 dealer cash on the TSX Tech. This cash will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi gb350. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 TSX V6 Tech in New York with 15,000 miles per year are .00057 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier and pay nothing at lease signing.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,500 dealer cash that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
  • devs6devs6 Member Posts: 11
    Car_man,

I am in NJ and I know that the Acura Lease rates are regional.

Can you post the lease rates for a TSX 4cyl base 15k and 12k 36 mos lease

Also please supply the TSX v6 base 15k and 12k 36 mos lease.

I am trying to decide is the v6 is worth the extra $

I haven't test driven the v6 yet, any input in comparison of both models from those who have would be appreciated.

Thanks and keep up the great work.
  • dang32dang32 Member Posts: 8
    Hi Car_man

I appreciate all the work you do on these forums.

Can you please provide me with the 12k and 15k money factors and residuals for CA lease, top tier credit of Tech and non Tech V6s?

Thanks
  • hmok10hmok10 Member Posts: 1
    I have never leased before, but looking into a tsx 4cyl in Florida. This is what deal the sales person gave me:
    MSPR 30,170
    Selling price 27,980
    Residual 60%
    Money factor .00107,
    It would be for a 36 month lease and 10,000miles a year with 3000 down.
    He said my payment would come out to 285 with all fees and taxes included.
    Can I do better than this?

Thanks for your input
  • dragosdordragosdor Member Posts: 5
    I am in Texas and I want to lease a 2010 TSX 4cyl base with or without Tech if money allows.
    What is the Factory incentive on these two models, money factor and residual?
    I am also a former customer of Honda Finance and I think I will qualify for the best rate.
    I have been quoted $490/mo for 36mo for a base 4 cyl 2010 TSX with no money down and $2000 upside down on my trade. Is that not a horrible offer?
    Please let me know!
    Thank you!
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    To me that doesn't sound too bad.

$1,000=$20-30 added to your payment.
  • capplacappla Member Posts: 29
    Car_man,

Do you have the money factor and residual for a 2010 TSX 5-Speed Automatic in Florida for a 36 month/15K mile lease?
  • dano23dano23 Member Posts: 4
    edited September 2010
    Car_man,

With tomorrow being the last day to take advantage of the $750.00 dealer cash, I am hoping that you may be able to answer this one on short notice??? If so, Thanks a ton in advance.

Could you please post the Residuals and MFs for Sept. for a base TSX with and Without Tech in NY? 15K miles.

Also, are MSD's allowed in NY? EDIT: I found out that they are not, but i have read that leasing in another state (temp tags in that state) will allow MSD's. Is this correct?

Thanks a ton for all you do!
    Just ran the #'s with assumed MF and Residuals and wanted to check a few things...

First, must the taxes and acquisition fee be capitalized and MF applied to them if they are paid at inception/up front?

The #'s seem low, so I wanted a double check by you experts if possible. I have contacted John for sample proposals and advise, and plan to submit tomorrow with these #'s if they are on point:

2010 TSX BASE manual
    MSRP: 30170
    Cap Cost: 27000 (without acquisition fee....paid up front)
    Residual for 15K miles: 57%= $17196.90
    MF: .00107
    Term: 36

I came up with $319.60 for total payment and $272.31 before MF. Again, NY so taxes are not in the payments. Does this seem right?

Also, I have these totals at inception:
    Doc fee: 75.00
    Sales tax on doc fee: 6.00
    DMV fees: $300
    Acquisition: 595
    NYsales tax: 831.85

If anyone has the time to see if this is either correct or wayy off, please let me know.

Thanks!
    edited September 2010
    Car_man,

I am attempting to get a deal signed today and am hoping you may be able to post these rates. I have been told by a dealer in PA that they are 56% and .00107, but I am reading 57% elsewhere and am not sure if the dealer is jerking me around.

Please advise.
    Thanks!

PS. above, I mis-calculated the taxes.. was late on the east coast. should be $920.44
  • andyfromjerseyandyfromjersey Member Posts: 7
    West New York, NJ
    2010 TSX Base, Polished Metal Metallic w/ Ebony Interior
    $3000 Out Of Pocket (Down payment, Sales tax, DMV fee, etc.)
    $280/month 36 months 10k a year
    LEASE. thanks
    Who knows? They way to evaluate a lease deal is just like a purchase is by the selling price. Also we don't know how much of the out of pocket was used for cap cost reduction (which is not a good thing to do on a lease).
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    Here you go, devs6.

Acura's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 TSX 4-cylinder base with 15,000 miles per year in your area are .00107 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a TSX V6 base are .00067 and 52%.

If you were to lease either of these cars with only 12,000 miles per year, their residual values would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks dang32.

Acura's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 TSX V6 non-Tech with 15,000 miles per year in California are .00040 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2010 TSX V6 Tech are .00040 and 49%.

If you were to lease either of these cars with only 12,000 miles per year, their residual values would be 2% higher.

When negotiating your deal, make sure to take advantage of the $1,250 dealer cash that Acura is providing on the '10 TSX V6 without Tech and $1,500 on the V6 with Tech.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi hmok10. The money factor that you were quoted looks good. It's right in line with Acura's current buy rate for this model in your area.

That leaves the other important number to focus on when leasing, your vehicle's selling price.

The dealer invoice price of a base 2010 Acura TSX 4-cylinder with an automatic transmission is $28,219. If we subtract the $750 dealer cash that is currently available on this model from that it drops to $27,469. The selling price that you were quoted is around $500 over invoice, which is a good deal.

If you like this car, I personally don't see any reason not to proceed with this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello dragosdor. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Acura's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 TSX 4-cylinder without Tech with 15,000 miles per year in your area are .00107 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '10 TSX 4-cylinder with Tech are .00107 and 53%.

Wow, that's a big drop in this car's residual value for the Tech package.

Acura is currently providing $750 dealer cash on the '10 TSX without Tech and $1,000 on the '10 TSX with Tech.

The payment that you were quoted definitely looks high, but you are $2,000 upside down on your trade so that has to be taken into account. Try to find out what selling price the dealer is charging you for the TSX that you're interested in and let us know. Either myself or another knowledgeable community member can then give you their opinion on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi cappla. Acura's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 TSX 4-cylinder in Florida with 15,000 miles per year are .00107 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

When negotiating your deal, make sure to take advantage of the $750 dealer cash that is currently available on this model.

Car_man
    Host
  • rlaehddnrrlaehddnr Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2010
    Leasing 2010 Acura TSX Base

NY
    36month 15k/yr
    selling price $27,900 (sign & drive)
    residual: 56%
    mf: 0.00107
    $407/month

I've been shopping around for good deals on TSX and this seems to be the best deal for me atm.

any thoughts? do you guys think that I can go lower than this?

thank you!!!
  • tdjtdj Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

This forum has been a great resource for me in the past, hoping for more help. I'm looking at a TSX w/ Tech in the MA/NH area. I've seen the numbers in the prior posts for 36 month, 12k miles. Can you tell me the numbers for 48 months and 12k/year?

Also - with the 2011's due out next week, are the lease rates dramatically different for a 2010 vs. a 2011?
    Thank you!
    I'm glad that you've found this forum so helpful, tdj. You definitely do not want to lease this car for longer than 36 months. Acura's special lease money factors on the 2010 TSX are only available for up to 36 months. If you go with a 48 month lease, the money factor that you will have to pay will more than quadruple.

I haven't seen what the lease program for the 2011 TSX yet, but I don't expect Acura to have much, if anything, in the way of lease support on it when it first hits dealers.

Car_man
    Host
  • chowfunnchowfunn Member Posts: 1
    Car_man,

General question first: Acura dealer in Salt Lake Ctiy is telling me that the residual is ALWAYS based off of MSRP, not the final negotiated selling price. Is this correct?

Dealer is quoting a price of $30,800 after $750 dealer cash with a residual of 55% and money factor of .00097 for a TSX, 4cyl with tech package. The price is high and we're still negotiating. Do the other numbers jive with what you're seeing out there?

Best,

Chowfunn
    Yes the residual is always based on the MSRP.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • SWFSWF Member Posts: 59
    Hello Car_man.

Could you provide the November money factor and residual on the 2010 TSX base lease for 10K and 12K per year?

Thank you.
  • SWFSWF Member Posts: 59
    Wow! 4 days and no response? Awesome.