Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX Lease Questions

Comments

• arizonaguy1arizonaguy1 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking at a 2010 TSX 4cy with tech. with 2000 down they are quoting me 446 a mo. MSRP 33270. Selling price of 30906. money factor of .00070. this is a 36 mo lease. Looks like a 53% residual . I need advice here. I had seen adds quoting 360 a mo for a TSX
  • tdjtdj Member Posts: 5
    Thanks again for the advice. One more question... are items installed by the dealer, like side molding, splashguards, rear wing spoiler typically part of the lease? In other words, do they get factored into the residual value? The dealer I am working with said since they are added by the dealer, they have to be paid for up front. They only total about $700, but I'm trying to put 0 down.
  • gforce11gforce11 Member Posts: 225
    2010 ACURA TSX
    36 Month – Residual 54% of MSRP – .00070 Base Rate

Add 2% for 12k and 3% for 10k

You can find the other Acura lease rates HERE.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi thexfactor. Acura's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 TSX 4-cylinder with 12,000 miles per year are .00070 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $750 dealer cash that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi arizonaguy1. The money factor that you were quoted looks good. It's right in line with Acura's current buy rate for this model.

Now let's take a look at the other important aspect of this deal, the selling price. The dealer invoice price for a 2010 TSX 4-cylinder with Tech is $30,202. If one subtracts the $1,000 dealer cash that is currently available on this model from that, it drops to $29,202. That puts the selling price that you were quoted, $30,906, at around $1,700 over dealer invoice...which in my opinion is not a very good deal on this car. If I was in the market for one right now, I'd be looking for more like $500 over invoice.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi tdj. Unfortunately, most banks do not allow the residualization of dealer-instlled options. That means if you want them you will have to pay for them in full over the course of your lease. You should be able to pay for them over the life of your lease, i.e. $700 divided by 36 month is another $19.44/month, rather than laying out all of the cash at signing though.

Car_man
    Host
  • czar8878czar8878 Member Posts: 9
    Here's the deal I agreed on with dealer today (have paid only deposit), due to pickup the car on Monday. Please comment if this is a good deal:

Acura TSX base model:
    - 12K miles per year/36mos
    - Monthly payment $289/mo + tax ($20 in NJ) = $309
    - Money factor: .0007 or 1.68% Interest
    - MSRP: $30179
    - Agreed on price: $27630
    - Residual: 56% so $16895
    - Fees agreed to pay at driveoff: $1610 (includes $595 bank fees + $398 doc fees + 1st mo pymt + motor vehicle registration charges)
    - 6 free oil changes

With the above mentioned money factor and price factor, all the online calculator were giving me the monthly payment of $322 + tax so I didn't argue for the actual money factor or agreed on price as the lease payment was quite low.

What do you think of this deal? Any input over this weekend will be much appreciated.
    Thanks
    Hi czar8878. You're in luck, Acura just raised its dealer cash on the 2010 TSX by $500 a couple of days ago. It now is providing $1,250 on the base model. If we subtract that $1,250 from this car's $28,219 dealer invoice we get $26,969. I would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over that. The offer that you were quoted is $661 over invoice before the $400 doc fee is taken into account, or in reality around $1,000 over invoice. That's not terrible, but I personally would see if I could get another couple hundred knocked off.

The money factor that you were quoted is right in line with Acura's current program for this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • striper72striper72 Member Posts: 12
    Hey Car_Man:

Great Forum! Would you be kind enough to share the December 2010 lease rates for a base model Acura TSX 36 months 12k miles? Also do you know if Acura is offering any cash incentives on leases this month?

Thank you for your help.
  • fitzramfitzram Member Posts: 41
    Hi Car Man.

Like striper72, I'm in the market and looking for this month's MF and Residual on a base TSX. I'd like to look at 17k/yr on the mileage though. Is the $1,250 incentive still available?

TIA,
    Chris
    edited December 2010
    Just made a deal on 12/4 for a 2010 TSX Base Model 36 Months 12K miles per year.

Selling Price: $26,744
    Money Factor: .0007
    Residual: 56%
    Lease Payments w/out taxes $305 per month.

Paying 1st month, DMV fees and Acquisition upon delivery.

Acura was still offering $1250 incentive on this vehicle.

Thank you for all the great information and for sharing your experiences. It really allows you to make an informative decision when negotiating a new car.
  • czar8878czar8878 Member Posts: 9
    Car_Man,

Thank you so much for all the information you had provided. I got the car with the agreed upon value of the vehicle @ $26,113 - however as I mentioned in my previous post I did paid $595 and $398 doc fees which adding those amount brings in to the $27100 for the dealer which I think is a fair deal.

I am very happy with the car!

Good luck to everyone out there, this was some learning experience in leasing the car for the first time.
  • ppierce2ppierce2 Member Posts: 11
    How are you paying $305 per month? I was just quoted $380 a month baseed on your same figures and the sales guy wouldn't budge.
  • jamesbond15jamesbond15 Member Posts: 145
    Try a different dealer.
    Also check the sales price and the dealer doc fee.
    The $305 did not include sales tax. Figure about $335 per month with tax built in. You should not be at $380 a month with these numbers unless your dealer is adjusting the residual, money factor or throwing in added costs somewhere. Ask for the dealer's work up sheet and then double check their math. Good Luck
    So I went to another dealer and was quoted $344 right out of the shoot with $720 down (1st months, fees, title etc). Sounded good but i told him that i have one more lease payment on my Accord to make in December and that i didn't want to make 3 car payments in one month (have another car as well). Dealer called me back and offered $350/month, $0 due at signing and he waived my first month's payment so i could pay my Accord lease. I took it.
    Congrats on the new car!
  • res332res332 Member Posts: 18
    ppierce2,

Did the $350/month include tax? If so, can you let me know the tax rate so I can determine the monthly rate before tax as it varies state to state? Also, can give me the name and location of the dealer? Lastly, was the lease 12K per year?

Thanks
    $350 was all in, yes taxes were included. i believe the tax rate was 7% and it was a 10,000 mile lease but i really doubt a bump up to 12k would of had much of an effect. they want to get rid of these cars and by the looks of things, they have a bunch more to go.

Dealer was Libertyville Acura.
  • stonescotchstonescotch Member Posts: 10
    edited December 2010
    Hello Car_Man,

Do Acura still have $1250 incentive ? If so, what do you think the sell price for base TSX model ? What price I should start from ?

Your advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks.
    Hi czar8878,

Can you please tell me which dealer gave you this deal ? I am in NJ-PA border and would like to contact this dealer.

Thanks
  • supersundsupersund Member Posts: 21
    what price should i aim for on a 4-cylinder tsx base/tech, considering the dealer incentive from Acura?

and does anyone have the december MF and residual on the base and tech?

Thanks in advance!
    edited December 2010
    Thanks striper72. Acura's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2011 TSX with 12,000 miles per year anywhere but in California are .00190 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Acura is not currently providing any cash incentives on leases of this car that I am aware of.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Chris. Acura is not currently providing any cash incentives on the 2011 TSX, but it does have $1,250 dealer cash on the 2010 model.

Acura's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month month lease of a base 2010 TSX with 15,000 miles per year are .00070 and 54%, respectively everywhere but in California for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that Acura publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than that, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
    Yes, stonescotch, Acura is providing $1,250 dealer cash on the base 2010 TSX this month. It is not yet providing any cash on the 2011 model.

If I was in the market for a 2010 TSX right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice minus the available cash incentives.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi supersund. If I was in the market for a base 2010 Acura TSX right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice minus the $1,250 dealer cash that is currently available on this model.

Acura's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 2010 TSX 4-cylinder with 15,000 miles per year are .00070 and 54%, respectively everywhere but in California for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '10 TSX 4-cylinder Tech are .00070 and 51%.

When negotiating your deal on these cars, make sure to take advantage of the $1,250 dealer cash that is available on the 4-cylinder base & $1,500 that is available on the 4-cylinder Tech model.

Car_man
    Host
  • supersundsupersund Member Posts: 21
    I qualify for the highest tiered credit, but i AM in California. Are the numbers different in CA?
    As an fyi, my final selling price with all incentives on the base 2010 TSX was $25,978. Not bad from MSRP of $30,000.
    edited December 2010
    Thanks Car_Man for your suggestion.

BTW, ppierce2, how did you get the price this low ? can you please breakdown ?

Also what is the invoice price for base 2010 TSX ? I can't seem to find it online anywhere.
  • res332res332 Member Posts: 18
    Car Man,

The lease on my TSX is up 2/28/11 and I was planning on waiting for some incentives on the 2011 because it has some nice upgrades, especially on the exterior. However, I have a deal on the table to lease a base 2010 4 cylinder TSX which I think I can't pass up: 36mo, 15K per year, no money due at signing. The price is $327 mo, which includes 9% tax. The price they quoted me for same lease on 2011 was about $450.

Is the 2010 lease a very good deal?

Thanks for your help.
  • speedyt3speedyt3 Member Posts: 5
    Interested in 2010 TSX Tech, got quote from Park Ave Acura Maywood NJ.
    30 month, 10k miles per year, $524 out of pocket fees, $359 (incl 7% tax).
    What say you Car_Man?
  • jtraversjtravers Member Posts: 16
    Car Man,

My local Acura dealer is offering me a 30 mo lease @ 10K mi/yr on a 4-cyl base 2010 TSX. They will be taking over the last 2 payments of my 2008 TSX lease ($354 incl tax), waiving my 1st month payment on the 2010 TSX ($375 incl tax), and rolling my extra miles into the new lease (I'm at 30K miles on a 12K mi/yr 36 mo lease; they say I can roll the extra 6K mi into my new lease, making it effectively a 12K mi/yr lease.)

Would you happen to know the money factor and residual value for a 30 month, 10K mi/yr lease? Also, do you know what kind of dealer incentives are being offered?

Finally, what the best way to take into account them paying my last 2 lease payments on my 2008 TSX lease and waiving my 1st month's payment? Reducing cap cost or some other way?

Thank you so much for your help!
  • binbotbinbot Member Posts: 8
    I'm shopping for a 15k/year lease on a base 4 cylinder 6speed TSX.
    My tax is 7% and I was offered this lease with 0 down for 325/month + tax.
  • jlho1980jlho1980 Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2010
    i am looking for a tech pkg, I-4, A/T, 15k/yr lease. The tax in SC is a max of $300. I have been using the MF of .0007 and a residual of 50% (if my numbers are off please correct them). Im curious as to what numbers i should be looking to achieve. From what i have read i should be trying to be anywhere from $300-$600 above invoice.
  • paulvppaulvp Member Posts: 8
    Hello All ,
    I got a quote for 2010 tsx tech 2.4 cyl , 10,000miles annual .
    329 X 30 months with 2500 total out of pocket . It this a good deal ?

Thanks in Advance ,
    Paul
    Ask for the final sales price of the car. Yes, you are leasing the car, but there is still a sales price. It is easier to know if the deal is good if you have the sales price.
  • hockeyguy1721hockeyguy1721 Member Posts: 15
    Hi Carman,

Could you post the numbers for a 2011 V6 Tech and 2011Tech, looking at a 36 Month lease @ 12k per year. Thanks!
    Hi supersund. I believe that Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor for a lease of a 2010 TSX in California is .00011.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome stonescotch. Here's a link to the dealer invoice pricing that you're looking for:

http://www.edmunds.com/acura/tsx/2010/options.html?style=101174002&trim=base

Don't forget to take advantage of the dealer cash that is currently available on this car during your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi res332. The easiest way to evaluate this deal would be to take a look at its selling price in relation to its MSRP or its dealer invoice price. Find out what this car's selling price is and I'm sure that either myself or another helpful community member will gladly tell you what they think.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings speedyt3. The easiest way to evaluate this deal would be to take a look at its selling price in relation to its MSRP or its dealer invoice price. Find out what this car's selling price is and I'm sure that either myself or another helpful community member will gladly tell you what they think.

Car_man
    Host
    No problem jtravers. Acura's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 30 month lease of a base 2010 TSX 4-cylinder with 10,000 miles per year are .00028 and 63%, respectively.

Acura is currently providing $1,250 dealer cash on the 2010 base 4-cylinder TSX.

The fact that the dealer is making the final two payments on your current lease for you will hamper your ability to get the best possible deal on your new car. Of course, if you wait any longer you probably won't be able to find many, if any leftover 2010 models.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go hockeyguy1721. Acura's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 TSX V6 Tech with 12,000 miles per year are .00190 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier everywhere but in California.

The money factor for a 4-cylinder Tech would be the same, but its residual value would be .00190 and 60%.

Car_man
    Host
  • kilnkiln Member Posts: 41
    The money factor for a 4-cylinder Tech would be the same, but its residual value would be .00190 and 60%.

Are the sedan and wagon lease rates the same?
  • stevehybridstevehybrid Member Posts: 4
    Car man:

My wife has been offered a 30mo lease @12K/year for $364/mo (all in) based on a $26,900 total cost from a NJ dealer. It appears they have a large inventory to move. This seems like almost too good a deal to pass up. Agree?

Thanks,

Steve
  • jhurocstarjhurocstar Member Posts: 3
    Could you let me know what dealer in jersey this is? Im looking to purchase but that price seems great. Thanks
  • erawpderawpd Member Posts: 12
    2010 TSX 4 Cyl base
    $259 - 36 mths - 10K/yr
    $1500 Down
    Does not include lease inception fees, tax or MV fees. No Security Deposit.

I know this lacks some specifics, but is this worth pursuing further?
  • acurafan19acurafan19 Member Posts: 2
    Was this on a TSX with or without nav?

My Current TSX lease is up in May 2011 and I, too, was going to wait for a 2011 TSX. My dealer is trying to get me into a 2010 now. Your deal is exactly what I would be looking for. Would you mind sharing what the selling price and residual value were?

Thank you.
    Specifics from Dealer...

"If your trade is worth $3000.00 then your payments are going to be $225.00 per month. You will have to give me nothing more than just your trade, keys, and title.

I am capping the car at $25,300.00. Your $3000.00 trade (if worth) is covering all your taxes, dmv, 1st payment, bank fee, and doc fee."

This is for 36 mths - 10K/Yr.

Please advice.....
    edited December 2010
    More specifics...

In New Jersey

2010 TSX Base Auto
    $225/mth - 10K/yr
    Cap Cost - $25,300
    $3000 out of pocket ($2100 fees and taxes, $900 Cap Cost Reduction)

My trade will cover out of pocket.

I'm assuming mf=.0007 and residual 57%. Are these right?

Good Deal?