Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX Lease Questions

CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
Hi everyone. Please use the following discussion to post any questions that you have about leasing an Acura TSX. Thanks.

Car_man
Host
Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums

Comments

• amxamx Member Posts: 8
    hello car_man..

what would be the MF and resdual on an 05 TSX 6MT/Nav, 36mo / 12k/yr lease? Any lease/APR specials running? Would it be cheaper to wait for the 06's

thx
    amx
  • hostage46hostage46 Member Posts: 6
    My old faithful Accord sustained some serious damage today after hitting a piece of steel that fell off a vehical.

It may be a total loss, busted oil pan and tore up the muffler, most unpleasant. So I may be moving along a little quicker then I had anticipated.

I can do the math on a purchase, but I'd like to get some rough numbers on a lease in the DFW area.

Dan in Highland Village
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi amx. Acura rarely provides any sort of specials on the TSX. The only one that I can remember over the past several months is a special financing program that it ran on it over the Labor Day weekend, but that's long gone now. If you were to lease this car through Honda Finance Corp. you would have to use its standard lease program. Its standard buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month, 12,000 miles per year lease of a 2005 TSX with navigation should currently be .00250 and 57%. It is difficult to say what the lease program for the 2006 version of this car will exactly be like, but its money factor will likely be the same and its residual values should be higher. All things being equal, specifically MSRPs and selling prices, a higher residual value would bake an '06 TSX less expensive to lease than an '05 model. Whether this actually ends up being the case depends upon how much dealers are willing to discount '06s when they hit lots.

Car_man
    Host
  • looking2leaselooking2lease Member Posts: 2
    15k/Yr
    3 Yr Lease
    Lease Fees only

Upstate NY

What do u think I should base the lease off? What is the correct Cap Cost I should aim for?...thanx
    Hi looking2lease. I am not personally all that familiar with what the market is like for the Acura TSX right now. Since the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them you should be able to get a good idea of what sort of capitalized cost to aim for by visiting the following discussion: "Acura TSX: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". As far as this car's lease program goes, if you were to lease a 2005 Acura TSX without navigation through Honda Finance right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00250 and 57%, respectively. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
  • suvgalsuvgal Member Posts: 39
    Car_Man,
    My friend plans to lease an 05 Acura TSX (w/o Navigation System). Given my leasing experience with the Highlander, I was hoping maybe you could provide her with advice as to whether this is a good deal. The MSRP is $27,190. The dealership wants $380/mo for 36 months for 15K/year. She also would have to pay $2400 down to include closing costs. Does this sound like a fair deal to you? If not, approximately how much should she be looking to spend.
    Thank you so much.
    Hi suvgal. Your friend needs to find out what the selling price of this car is. This is an important number for consumers to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if one was paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that one wants to lease one doesn't know how good a price they are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to work up a sample lease payment on the car that your friend is interested in for you if you let me know what its selling price is.

If your friend does not know what a good price for this car is, they should be able to get a good idea of how much they should pay by visiting the following discussion: "Acura TSX: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you for the quick reply. She said the selling price was $26,950. I know I provided location when you helped me with my car. This would be in NJ.
  • nvnicknvnick Member Posts: 50
    Car_man, do you have money factor & residuals info for 36 mo lease, either 12k or 15k miles/yr? 2006 Non-navi
    Car_man,
    I was hoping you could provide me with the sample lease payment on $26,400 instead. My friend found another dealership but wants to buy this week.
    You're very welcome suvgal. Let's calculate a lease payment on this car and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if your friend was to lease a 2005 Acura TSX (w/o Navigation System) with an MSRP of $27,190 and a selling price of $26,400 through Honda Finance right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $408. With this deal, at lease signing your friend would have to pay her car's first month's payment, a security deposit equivalent to that payment rounded up to the nearest $25 or $50 increment, Honda Finance's $595 acquisition fee, and any required state taxes or fees.

Car_man
    Host
    Unfortunately, I have not seen this car's residual values yet, nvnick. I can tell you though that Acura is not currently providing any sort of lease support on it. As a result, if you were to lease one through Honda Finance right now, you would have to use its standard lease program. Its current buy rate standard money factor for 36 month leases is .00250 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier and pay a security deposit. The money factor is much more important to know than the residual value anyhow because banks do not have the authority to alter banks' residuals.

Car_man
    Host
  • sdiver68sdiver68 Member Posts: 125
    Car_man,

What are the chances of lease incentives soon? On the one hand, I still see many '05's on the lots, on the other hand Acura has had a few months of record sales in a row and rarely does incentives from what I can tell. Competition in that lease payment area is tough, with the IS250, G35, and 325i all in the low $400 range (well negotiated).
    Hi sdiver68. I wouldn't hold my breath for any sort of lease support on this car. Acura has never provided any sort of special lease money factors on the TSX. Its current lease program on this car is scheduled to run through December 5th, but I doubt that its new December lease program for it will be any different from its current one.

Car_man
    Host
  • bogmancomethbogmancometh Member Posts: 6
    I was just quoted on TSX 2006 Auto w/o Navi 36 & 42 month lease with sell price of $27,000 including dest.

36 month, 15k, money factor .00260, resd $17673, payment $449

42 month, 15k, money factor .00235, resd $16247, payment $421

Do these sound right?
  • nvnicknvnick Member Posts: 50
    Using MSRP of $27,890+$615, sell price $27k, and your residuals & MF's, I get $375/mo for 36 months & $357 for 42 months. Excludes sales tax.
  • bogmancomethbogmancometh Member Posts: 6
    Sorry forgot to mention 0 down taxes included. Still seems a little high.
    Hi bogmancometh. I can't comment on the lease payments that you were quoted without knowing what this car's full MSRP is. However, I can tell you that the money factors that you were quoted are right in line with Honda Finance's current money factors for this model. This is a good sign because it means that the dealer that you are working with is not trying to mark up your car's money factor to add additional back-end profit to your deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • tbecker02tbecker02 Member Posts: 3
    What is the residual value calculated from? Is it the invoice or MSRP?

Thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,740
    Residual is always calculated from the full MSRP, including destination..

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• professorfrinkprofessorfrink Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man,

Is it possible for consumers to keep track of what the current offers and rates are from Honda Finance? I'm looking to possibly get a TSX soon, but waiting for a good rate on a lease. If you could, let me know the current MF and Residual on a TSX that would be helpful. Thanks!
    Hi professorfrink. I'd be happy to give you an idea of what this car's current lease program is like. You didn't mention all of the information that I need to give you an accurate picture of this car's lease program in your post, so I am going to have to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want s different model, term, or mileage allowance. According to the latest information that I have seen, if you were to lease a 2006 Acura TSX without navigation through Honda Finance right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00260 and 61%, respectively, assuming that you pay a security deposit and qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • shaytaanshaytaan Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man,

This is my first time on this forum and the first time I am planning to lease a car. I'm interested in the 2006 Acura TSX with Navigation, 5 speed automatic, 17" Silver Star wheels. I'm planning to put $2000 down and drive around 15K. Whether it's 36 or 42mths, I just want to know what range should I bargain for? Should it be between $350 and $420? Secondly, is there any other car I could also consider instead of the TSX? I thought about the new VW Passat and the car just seems boring to me.

Thanks!
  • hoyareneehoyarenee Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

I was wondering if I could get your opinion on the lease terms which I was just quoted. I'm fairly new at this!
    2006 TSX, w/o Navigation
    36 month lease
    12,000 miles
    $1700 down, total is $3335 (including all taxes and fees)
    payment is $356 per month, including taxes.

Do these terms seem fair? I am unsure as to how to determine if the rates have been marked up at all.

Thanks!
  • matt19hscmatt19hsc Member Posts: 6
    I just got quoted:
    2006 TSX Auto w/ Navi:

1k down, 12k miles a year for $426 a month.
  • stilakidstilakid Member Posts: 1
    I just stumbled upon this site by accident. I am considering a TSX or an Audi A4. Your $426 a month sounds decent. I am looking for 12k, nothing down and 36 months. I can't find any deals for the TSX but the A4 is aggressively dealing. Please tell me where you found the best deal for automatic with nav or without nav. Thank you.
  • robdarobda Member Posts: 5
    I just thought I would throw this out there. I just leased a 2006 TSX without navigation. The terms are as follows:

36 months
    12,000 miles/year
    63% residual
    .0027 money factor
    $427.61 per month (includes tax, title, & acquisition fee)

This is after the fact, but does this seem in line with what others are getting?

Thanks.
  • dianka555dianka555 Member Posts: 14
    Did you have to put any money down?
  • robdarobda Member Posts: 5
    I had to put the first month's payment only ($427.61). When I turn the car in, assuming I don't go over the 12K miles per year, there would be no other "fees".

I was a little frustrated with the salesman because he would "play dumb" and keep going back to his manager to answer my questions about the lease. It is amazing how they can turn the numbers around to try and confuse the buyer.
  • professorfrinkprofessorfrink Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

I just got a quote from a dealership in Atlanta, GA for the following 2006 TSX AT with $0 down payment.

MSRP $28505
    Cap Cost $27705
    Residual $16532.90
    Total Initial Pmt $1463.61

42 months, .00245 MF
    $375 per month + tax

I haven't begun negotiation with the cap cost yet, I am planning on doing so but wanted to get an idea of where I should be at. I see from the other forum (prices paid) that people seem to be getting decent prices lately, I definitely plan on getting that much lower.... but I also wanted to make sure the MF is in line with Honda Finance. Has anyone been able to get them to waive the doc fees? Salesman gave me some line about not being able to....

But other than that, looks like I should be able to get it for a decent price, so I'm happy so far!
  • krohrer2krohrer2 Member Posts: 4
    CarMan:

Can you help me sort out the conflicting information that I am getting on Honda Financial lease rates for the TSX?

Looking at a non-nav TSX for 36 months; 12K miles per year. Web sources (including you in previous posts) and dealer agree on the residual (63%), but I am getting different stories on the money factor. I have read in this forums (and others) that AHFC's base MF for top tier rates(I qualify for top tier rates) is 0.00260; the dealer I am purchasing through says the best rate is 0.00310.

Which is correct and why won't the dealer budge from the higher MF? Since there is a substantial difference in the total lease payments over the term between the two, I'd like to sort this out before closing the deal.

Thanks.

Karl
    Welcome shaytaan. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

The main number that you need to focus on during your negotiations is this car's selling price. Always remember that the selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Take a look in the following discussion to get a feel for how much you should pay for this car right now: "Acura TSX: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". Once you have an idea, let me know. This information, as well as the MSRP of the car that you are interested in, will enable me to estimate what your lease payment should be. If I was in the market for a TSX, I personally would also take a close look at the BMW 3-Series, Audi A4, Mercedes-Benz C-Class, and Infiniti G35, all of which have more lease support available on them than the TSX does right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello hoyarenee. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the car that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Also, you may want to consider switching to a zero down lease rather than making a $1,700 down payment. I always advise consumers against making any sort of down payment when leasing. I do so for two main reasons. The first is if your vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen during your lease, your insurance company pays off the bank that you were leasing it through and your down payment essentially disappears. The second main reason is that down payments on leased vehicles do nothing to reduce their lease-end purchase prices. So your lease-end purchase option price for your TSX would be exactly the same, regardless of whether you had put several thousand dollars down, or had made absolutely no down payment at all.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi matt19hsc. It is difficult for me to say whether this is a good deal without knowing what the MSRP and selling price of this car are. I also need you to tell me how long this lease is. Let me know, and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi professorfrink. Yes, the lease money factor that you were quoted to lease this car is right in line with Honda Finance's buy rate money factor for a lease of one with a waived security deposit. That is a good thing because it means the only aspect of this deal that you have to worry about is your car's selling price. The TSX "Prices Paid" discussion, which you have already visited, is an excellent place to get an idea of how much you should pay for this model right now.

As far as doc fees go, store policy may prevent your salesperson from waiving your car's fee but they can easily lower your selling price by the same amount. Look at doc fees as part of your car's total price. If you feel that the total price of this car, including all of the little fees that your dealer tries to tack on is fair then don't worry about how the price breaks down. If however, the fees make the car more expensive than you should be able to buy it elsewhere try to negotiate a lower total price.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Karl. Unless your credit is not in good shape, this dealer is lying to you. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor for consumers who pay a security deposit and qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier is .00260 for 36 month leases. If you opt to have your car's security deposit waived, it would increase its money factor by only .00010. It appears as though the dealer that you are working with may be trying to mark your car's money factor up to add additional back-end profit to your deal. Tell them that you are going to lease from a different dealer if they don't use the buy rate money factor. That should get them to change their tune pretty quickly. If not, shop around I'm sure that you will be able to find a dealer that is willing to work with you.

Car_man
    Host
  • iceneticenet Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man,

I looking to lease an 06 TSX w/nav. Can you supply the residual and money factor. Thanks.

Rich
  • devilinlawdevilinlaw Member Posts: 1
    What was your end result? I live in Atlanta and I'm about to go shopping. Very curious to hear about your experience. You can also e-mail directly, if you'd like.
    Thanks,
    DevilInLaw
    Greetings icenet. This car's money factors and residual values vary depending upon how long you lease them for and how many miles per year you are allowed to drive. Since you never mentioned either of these things, for now I will assume that you are interested in a 39 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want a different term or mileage allowance. If you were to lease a 2006 Acura TSX with navigation through Honda Finance right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00260 and 59%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • auralaural Member Posts: 1
    Help please. Can you please figure a TSX (no nav) lease: 3 year, 12,00 miles per year, cap cost incl delivery =$26,541, no security, no cap cost reduction, 6% Ct tax, highest tier credit. Please give MF and residual figures. Thanks
  • jpalermo82jpalermo82 Member Posts: 3
    :confuse: hey car_man,

i am located here in sunny south florida, and i got 2 cars on order that will both be here in about 2 weeks, and im trying to sort out the lease quote confusion.
    one car is obviously a TSX non/nav, the other is an Audi A4. here is the breakdown of what i was quoted.

Acura:
    lease term: 42 months, 15,000 miles
    selling price: $27,250
    out of pocket: $1450 (first month pmt & fees)
    monthly pmt: $405
    a-spec ground effects: $1400 or $34 more a month
    monthly pmt: NOW $440
    the salesman ran credit and said i'm top tier, but wouldn't tell me the rate nor the residual. also said that 42 month lease is the best deal.

now on the Audi A4
    lease term: 36 months, 15,000 miles (36 mos is best deal)
    selling price: just over $30,100
    out of pocket: $750
    monthly pmt: $454
    i'm not factoring it in, but as a mental note, audi includes all schedule service during the lease term, so that would save me around $15 a month as well.

I'm no math wiz, but it seems that if i even the 'out of pocket' by rolling $700 from the acura into my pmt, i will end up paying about $455 for the tsx. That turns out to be about even with the A4 which is priced about $1500 - $2000 more! how is this possible?? is there a better lease term? 36 or 39 months? is acura off on their quote, or am i getting an amazing deal from audi??
  • psoarespsoares Member Posts: 1
    hey car_man! :P

I am located here in Fort Lauderdale and i just leased one TSX non/nav. Since this is my first lease, can you tell me if I have a good deal? Those below are the terms I have:

Lease term: 48 months, 15,000 miles
    Selling price: $27,250 MSRP: $29,500
    out of pocket: $2000 (first month pmt & fees)
    monthly pmt: $437 (included taxes & free maint.)

the salesman ran credit and said he gave me the best he could. Also said that 36 month lease is the best deal and recomended me to turn back in 36 months and get a new car, since in 36 months this car reaches his maximum value.
    - DO I HAVE A GOOD DEAL OR AM I PAYING ABOVE AVERAGE?

Paul
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,740
    Isn't the MSRP on the non-Navi TSX $28,500?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• ericw2ericw2 Member Posts: 5
    Hello, Car_man. I live in the Seattle area, and I'm thinking hard about leasing a new TSX with manual transmission and navigation. What is the current Honda money factor for the lowest-mile-per-year 24 month lease? I have excellent credit, so please provide the lowest rate. Also, what is the current residual on that lease? Finally, are there any special deals I should know about?

Thank you very much for your help.
  • haminhamin Member Posts: 12
    Car_Man:

I am new to this forum..interested in leasing TSX auto with Navigation 06. I have read lots of stuff regarding leasing. Still need your help:

1)How should I bargain with the dealer? Which is the most important factor in determining lease monthly payment. ?

2) During bargain, which area should I stress more with dealer to get a better quote?

3) Is "down payment" / out of pocket payment , mandatory for leasing? can we make a zero down ? will it increase monthly payments if I Do so?

4) What is capitalized cost reduction ?

please reply me early
  • haminhamin Member Posts: 12
    car_man

I am in tennessee..got offered this lease...

on 36 months, with a cap cost of 28995, only using upfront fees down
    (first pmnt, lic, fees, and tax):
    10K/yr -- 1281.92 Down 427 + tax = 457.47
    12K/yr -- 1290.09 Down 435 + tax = 465.64

This assumes the VERY best credit (>710 credit score trans union).

This vehicle will have Splash guards and a pin stripe as well as complete paint, fabric, vinyl and leather sealant. Total retail price $31402.

This is for 06 automatic with navigation.

plz help me ..is it agood deal ?
    I'd be happy to help you estimate what this car's lease payment should be, aural. However, in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its full MSRP (with the destination charge added in). For now, I can tell you that if you were to lease a 2006 Acura TSX without navigation through Honda Finance right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00260 and 62%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jpalermo82. It is very possible for a more expensive vehicle to have a better monthly payment than a less expensive one if its lease program is more attractive. I can't estimate what these cars' lease payments should be without knowing their MSRPs, but I can provide you with information on their current lease programs so that you can play with the numbers yourself. According to the latest information that I have seen, if you were to lease a 2006 Acura TSX without navigation through Honda Finance right now for 42 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00240 and 55%, respectively. As far as the Audi goes, its lease program varies depending upon the exact model that you want. For now I will assume that you are interested in an '06 A4 2.0T Sedan without quattro. If you were to lease this car through Audi Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00075 and 55%. As you can see, the A4's current lease program is much more attractive than th TSX's program.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey psoares. As my partner in crime just mentioned, the MSRP of an '06 TSX without navigation is only $28,500. Did you get additional dealer-installed options added to your car. If so, this would explain the difference in price. Normally I would say that $27,250 is just an OK deal. It's about halfway between this car's MSRP and dealer invoice prices, but if you got something more for your money in terms of additional options this price is a lot better.

You were a little mislead about turning your car in early though. It is usually fairly expensive for consumers to get out of their leases a year before their scheduled end dates. In order to do so, you will need to find a a dealer to give you as much as your car is worth at that point for your TSX as a trade, which is unlikely. To further complicate matters, there is a good chance that Honda Finance is going to want you to make remaining lease payments on your car, or at least the depreciation portion of them. It is never a good idea to lease a vehicle for a longer term than you plan on keeping it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello ericw2. According to the latest information that I have seen, if you were to lease a 2006 Acura TSX with navigation through Honda Finance right now for 24 months with 10,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00380 and 68%, respectively assuming that you qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier. As you can see, Honda Finance's 2 year money factor for this car is extremely high. If you lease it for 36 months, its factor drops to a much more reasonable .00260.

Car_man
    Host