Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX Lease Questions

Comments

• such_123such_123 Member Posts: 2
    I got a quote of 400 (incl Tax) Per month and 2600 down payment 10K miles. Can someone comment if this is a good deal?

Thanks
  • comicalcomical Member Posts: 1
    Hi all! Been offered a 2011 TSX w/Tech (I4) lease, 15K miles per year, 2,000 down for $360.00/Mo which includes taxes OTD.

Good deal?

Thanks!!!
    :)
  • jamesbond15jamesbond15 Member Posts: 145
    No, don't look like a good deal.
    You need to find out what the sales price of the car is. Even though you are getting a lease, you need to get the sales price. Then compare that sales price to what truecar.com shows.
  • such_123such_123 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the tips. So I ended up with this

24 months lease
    380 Per Month ( after tax)
    2500 Down

Selling price is 29900.which is 200 more than what truecar.com says.

Thanks
  • ohh_henryohh_henry Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2011
    Hi!

I'm looking at a lease on a 2011 base tsx (non tech).

36 months/12k miles
    money factor of .00130
    $377 month (including tax)
    0 down, 0 fees, dealer pays first month

Thoughts on how this looks would be much appreciated!

Thanks
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Helixtimestwo, Acura's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 TSX with 15,000 miles per year are .00049 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

There's also a $1,250 dealer cash incentive on this car right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi ketyt. Acura's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2011 TSX Sport Wagon with 10,000 miles per year are .00140 and 66%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year is 1% lower.

Car_man
    Host
  • dwood72dwood72 Member Posts: 1
    are residual and money factor different for 2011 TSX than they are for 2011 TSX Wagon? If so, specifically interested in numbers for 2011 TSX (non wagon) w/ Tech package for both 4 cyl and V6 engine. Thx!
  • gbeergbeer Member Posts: 5
    I was shopping for a new Honda Accord to replace my 2008 wihich I am leasing for $250/ month + tax. I can get a new Accord with leather for $260/ mo + tax. I saw the Acura lease offers: 2011 TSX lease for $310/ mo + tax. 0 down so I thought it may be worth it over an Accord.

This sounded good, so I let some edmunds dealers call me. I told them I would take the 2010. I was told there were none around. I then asked how about a 2011 for the same price, but I also wanted them to make the last 2 payments on my 2008 Honda Accord.

One dealer did not call me back but I went and saw the other one and drove the TSX. It was nice and certainly better than an Accord. This morning he said he could do the deal. $310/ month + tax $829 drive off and they would give me a check for $279 x 2 = $558. He said the price was $1,423 below invoice.
    I told him I would do it.
    How does this sound?
  • leejenisonleejenison Member Posts: 1
    In VA looking to lease a 2010 TSX w/ Tech. I spoke to the dealership yesterday and they offered me a 3 yr / 30 K with $ 0 down, tax, tile, and fees rolled into a payment of $ 386 a month. Does this sound high? The non Tech is $ 320 plus tax, title, and fees. Is the Nav & tax, tile, and fees justify the extra $ 66? How much room is there for negotiation?
  • deek1680deek1680 Member Posts: 2
    I got $324 (includes tag/tax/title/ect fee) a month, 12k miles a year. O down, O first payment fo 35 months 2010 Non tech 4 cyl.

The tech with the same lease was $343. I live in Va. I think this is as good as i could have done. what do you think?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    I paid $343 to lease a 4-cylinder Accord (cloth interior) in 1999....

So... yeah.. it looks good.. lol

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

I believe that they are, dwood72. Acura's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 TSX Tech 4-cyl. with 15,000 miles per year are .00140 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '11 TSX Tech V6 are .00111 and 54%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease make sure to take advantage of the $500 cash incentive that is currently available on these cars.

Car_man
    Host
  • tytektytek Member Posts: 2
    I wanted to post my deal as reference for someone looking for a 2011 Acura TSX Sport Wagon (base). It is not great, but best I could find, considering how rare these wagon are around Cincinnati, OH:

36 month lease with 30k miles
    selling price of $30,200 (MSRP: $31,820)
    payment of $368.00 for 35 months (incl tax of 6.5%)
    $443.00 down at lease signing

Seems almost identical to the special lease posted on Acura's website...

It is a very nice car, but only 1 in town was non-tech.

Any thoughts?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    Superior or Columbia? (no sales contact names, please)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• kdogtwokdogtwo Member Posts: 16
    Hi Car_man,

Do you have the Feb. money factor and residual value info for the TSX Sportwagon w/ tech package at 36 months and 10,000 miles per year? This is for MA; shopping around for a good lease deal.

Thanks!
  • me5po5itome5po5ito Member Posts: 1
    Car_man,

Did I get a good deal? I put down a total of $600 and rolled NYS taxes and reg fees into the lease. Its a 36 month/36K mile lease. My payments are $365/month on a leftover 2010 4cyl TSX tech -- I am not sure what my money factor is, but here is the breakdown from my agreement:

Adjusted Cap Cost: $29,932.04
    Residual Value: $17,631.20
    Rent Charge: $839.16

Of note, I traded in an '09 accord... which made up $250 of that $600 down payment. So, $250 came from equity in the car, $350 came out of pocket.

Thanks!
  • biker4biker4 Member Posts: 746
    $250 trade deal on a 09 Accord? :confuse:
  • JimmyVegas11JimmyVegas11 Member Posts: 7
    Does anyone know the February Money Factor and Residual Rate for a 2011 TSX automatic, no navi, 12K per year?

Also, is there a dealer incentive of $500 or $1250? I've seen two different amounts posted.

Thank you.
  • JimmyVegas11JimmyVegas11 Member Posts: 7
    Meant to say 36 months

Does anyone know the February Money Factor and Residual Rate for a 2011 TSX automatic, no navi, 12K per year?

Also, is there a dealer incentive of $500 or $1250? I've seen two different amounts posted.

Thank you.
  • aipriaipri Member Posts: 6
    Hey everyone, I am new to this site, and am very happy to have found it! I stopped by a local Acura dealer here in NJ last week to see about trading in my BMW and going with a lease on a 2010 TSX w/tech. I wasn't knowledeable enough to ask about everything, but here is what they gave me:

Price: $30,821
    $1136 due at lease signing for tax, tags
    First month paid, 35 months after
    $507 for 10k
    $519 for 12k

Now from what I can see this is a bad deal, in regard to the selling price and amount due at signing. The reason for the higher payments is that they are giving me $18k for my BMW 5 series, which is a fair price, but I owe 21,800, so I am 3,800 in the hole there. That being said, it still seems that payments should be a bit lower. I am going to a second dealer tomorrow that I found through truecar.com who is offering $29,400, but obviously wants to look at my car, and says they can beat the quote I got, any idea on what I should shoot for? Any advice would be appreciated. Also I do have 750+ credit, so I should be in the higher tier. Thanks!
    Your trade-in complicates things. I think the only way you can get a good deal is play the dealers against each other. Might be complicated.

But here are some suggestions:
    Your goal here is to get the highest amount for your trade-in and then get the lowest sales price for the TSX.
    Look at truecar.com and see what TSXs have been selling for in your area. Click the "Recent Sales" tab and look at the bar graphs on the left. In the LA area, 2010 TSX with tech is going for around $27,700.
    So aim to get that sales price. Then onto that sales price add the negative equity of your BMW. Then that will be the amount they will sell you the TSX for. If the negative equity is really $3800, then that will be pretty bad. Visit carmax and see how much they can buy your car for. Also look at carmax's inventory to see for how much similar BMWs sell for.

Another suggestion, get the break down of that $1136. Then double check these numbers. Visit the DMV website and see what registration and tags cost.

Good luck. Again, I think the best thing you can do is play the dealers against each other. Otherwise :(
    Thanks for the reply! Yeah I checked Truecar and in the NJ area the 2010 TSX with tech is going for around 29,800. The problem with my BMW is the mileage is a bit high (71k), but I also saw that Acura is offering a $500 incentive when trading in another luxury brand, so I plan to bring that up also. But yes my plan is definitely to pit dealers against each other, I am stopping by another dealer tomorrow to get their price. I figure if you take the $3800 I owe and space it out over the 36 months, its around an extra $100 a month, so I should be in the mid 400s per month. I think I am going to shoot for $450 a month on a 36 month, 15k per year lease, with little to nothing down, and go from there. This is my first lease, so I am researching like a madman lol, it is a lot to take in.
    Oh wow, the difference between LA and NJ is $2k on the TSX? Hmm.. that seems quite a bit. Did you click the "recent sales" tab and look at the lowest bar graph?
    I just typed in a random NJ zip code (07047) and truecar is showing me the lowest price of ~$28,000. (2010 TSX w Tech Auto)

If you have a carmax nearby try to have them appraise the car. I found them to be more generous.
    Yeah everything is more expensive in NJ, you should see my property taxes and car insurance lol. Anyway I did look at the recent sales tab and the lowest was 28,890 for my zip (08062). Unfortunately there is no carmax in the tri state area. Again thanks for your help and advice!
    I just double checked your zip, the 2011 is $29,800 while the 2010s go for $28,000.
    (sorry, I thought you were looking for the 2010).
    Ok I put down a deposit on a 2010 with tech. I talked them down to 0 down and 488 a month for 36 months at 15k a year. This is including my 3890 negative equity on my trade in. What do you guys think? Selling price was 28800
    Again, your trade-in makes this deal very complicated.
    The sales price you got is pretty good, might be possible to go down just a bit more but may not be worth the trouble.
    Yeah I feel like I got them down as low as I could. They originally came to me with $503, then $492, then $488. I figured that 3900 divided by 36 months is $108, so if you subtract that it would be $380, which is a good price for 15k a year on a tech with no money down at all. So overall I think I did a decent job. Like you said I might have been able to get a little lower, but I hammered them pretty good lol
    Yeah, $380 for a tech with no money down is pretty good. Good job!
    Thanks for your help! Hopefully someone else can use my deal as a reference as I did with everyone else on here, it's rough out there!
    I was able to get my 2011 base TSX for $339/month for 36 months. $0 down. 12k miles per year. Dealer pays first month, no fees, etc. How'd I do?
  • nfresco25nfresco25 Member Posts: 2
    is that including tax and registration?
  • nfresco25nfresco25 Member Posts: 2
    I am looking for a 2010 or 2011 3yr lease on a base tsx i only need 10k miles per year and i am looking to put no $ down and i have no trade in. I want to be in the low 300's... is this possible? If not i'm going with the accord coupe... AGAIN
    $362 with tax - if you only need 10k miles per year and are willing to go with a 2010 you should be able to get low $300's
  • superchief20superchief20 Member Posts: 11
    Hi Car Man:

My old Acura lease ends 4/11/11. Should I start negotiating a new TSX lease now or in April?
    When can I get the best deal. I'm interested in the V-6.
    Thanks!
  • superchief20superchief20 Member Posts: 11
    What are the pros and cons of each?
  • justmeinvajustmeinva Member Posts: 2
    After doing some hard back and forth thinking... I'm going to pull the trigger on the following:
    2010 TSX Tech in the color combo I want (of which there are only 3 within 500 miles...and 2 of those are at mile marker 499!). Monthly payments of $385, and only the first month's payment due on signing, which I'm fine with. I feel good... But external confirmation is always appreciated. ;)
  • ahashmi1988ahashmi1988 Member Posts: 7
    how many miles per year?
  • mikeizzymikeizzy Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know the money factor and residual % for the 2011 TSX 6 speed w/ tech package during March 2011? 3 years 15,000 miles/year
  • wbarmorewbarmore Member Posts: 10
    Would you please give a little more info. I'm looking at the "same" car, but the dealer says the absolute best he can do is 0 down, 10,000 miles for 3 yrs @ $456 a month. He say that's taking him to the cleaners. He blames the high sales tax in Texas which is 8.25% on the entire sales price of the car. Does your payment include tax. If so, sounds like you did great. I think the negotiated sales price on the car was 30k after a 3K discount.

I'm really skeptical because I'm in an '08 from the same dealer, but base model, for $370 with 10,000 miles. There's no way I'm going for the above deal, but any added info would help me as I think things through. Thanks in advance.
    What is the exact car you are talking about? 2010 TSX Tech?
    $456 per month is extreme.

You need to get the sales price of the car. For a 2010 TSX Tech, you should aim for a sales price of around $28,000.

Once you get the lowest possible sales price then all the other numbers are just plugged in.

I would suggest you talk to other dealers too.
    Seems crazy to me to. Go figure. Maybe they think they can sell it at top dollar. It's the only "new" 2010 TSX tech on the lot and it's white with tan interior, a popular combination. They only have two other 2010 TSXs with tech and those are demonstrators with 5K miles. They're not doing much with them, either, and I would never go for the colors--silver and red.

The sticker price on the one I was interested in is $33, 270 and they were willing to discount it by 3K, but not a penny more. TT+L are about $2300. Texas isn't the best state for leasing because sales tax is 8.25 on the entire sales price I and it's not deductible and you pay property tax on the car each year you have it.

I noticed on the Acura site that a 2011 base lease offer is $0 at signing, $350 for 35 months. With TT+L, that would mean about $410-20 per month. For a base model, that doesn't seem great, either. So...I'm thinking about making a significant down payment and trying to purchase a 2011 using the .09% financing for 24-60 months. I'm so confused, though, I don't know what to shoot for as far as price negotiating.

I will definitely check other dealers--there are four within a 90 mile radius and see what I can find out. My lease is through the end of March, and March seems to be a good time to buy here. Everyone leaves town for ten days for spring break, and the city pretty much shuts down the SXSW music festival.

I really want to be driving a 2011 TSX in April, so any advice is much appreciated.
    On another note, I'm curious what thoughts are about base vs. tech. The nav. doesn't mean anything to me. However, I hate that the base model is a one cd player. The tech has a five or six disc changer and upgraded sound. I would love that as well as the back-up camera. Is it worth the extra $$?
  • njtechwarriornjtechwarrior Member Posts: 12
    Carman, would you be so kind to post the March 2011 Residual and MF for a 2011 Acura TSX V6 with no tech package for a 36 month lease with 12k per year?

Can you also advise any incentives applicable to a lease?

Thanks
    I went to a dealer this past Saturday in NJ. He said for March the MF and RV for 2011 TSX Base 4 cyl with 12,000 mi/year is .00119 and 62% Respectively.

Does this sound right?
    In NJ, Precision Acura told me MF was .00049 and 55% RV
    Hi kdogtwo. Acura's March lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 TSX Sport Wagon Tech with 10,000 miles pr year are .00129 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi me5po5ito. The dealer invoice price for a base 2010 Acura TSX 4-cylinder with an automatic transmission is $28,219. If we subtract the $1,250 dealer cash that is available on this model from that it drops to $26,969. If I was in the market for this car, I personally would shoot for a selling price of around $500 over that.

Car_man
    Host
    JimmyVegas11, Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Acura TSX 4-cylinder with an automatic transmission and 12,000 miles per year are .00129 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Acura is currently providing a $750 cash incentive on leases of the 4-cylinder and $1,000 on leases of the V6 '11 TSX.

Car_man
    Host