Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX Lease Questions

Comments

• mrgiellamrgiella Member Posts: 52
    Hello Car_man

Can you please provide me with the buy rate and the residual value for a 2011 TSX 4 cylinder with Tech? 12K miles and 36 months. Thanks you.
  • kencpokencpo Member Posts: 11
    1.- I crunched the same numbers with edmunds http://www.edmunds.com/car-loan/calculate-your-own-lease-payment.html and http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm and they were 30.00 apart on the monthly payments. What is the calculator that would be most similar to one that the dealer uses.
    2.-I'm looking to lease a 2011 TSX base model eiht the0/0/0/ deal at 350.00 for 35 months. What is a realistic deal to get that number lower especially with the 500.00 factory to dealer incentive.
    Thanks,
    my bad; made a mistake, both calcs were equal
    edited September 2011
    Just leased a 2011 TSX base-no nav- zero out of pocket except DMV fees

10k/year
    36 months
    309/month plus tax
    Dealer used 500.00 factory to dealer cash and car must be delivered by Sep. 30
    In Feb, I had bought a certified 2008 base tsx-no nav- and am loving it. I was looking at buying a 2nd certified pre owned for my wife,but they are relatively expensive and the value seems to be in the new cars.
  • infoseeker8infoseeker8 Member Posts: 67
    Hi, Car_man. I'm interested in leasing a 2011 TSX base Sportwagon and would like to know the September money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease with 12,000 miles per year. Also, are there any incentives available other than the $500 dealer cash?

Thanks!
  • marys236marys236 Member Posts: 90
    Could I get the MF and RV on a 2011 TSX v6, no nav, on 36 mo, 10k, and also on 36 mo, 12k? TIA.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    I certainly can, mrgiella. Acura's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2011 TSX 4-cylinder with Tech and 12,000 miles per year are .00057 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $500 dealer cash that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Here's the information that you're looking for, infoseeker8. Acura's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a base 2011 TSX Sportwagon with 12,000 miles per year are .00057 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

As you mentioned, there's $500 dealer cash on this car. Acura is providing dealers with some $250 certificates on top of that that they can use on deals if they choose to.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go marys236. Acura's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2011 TSX V6 with 12,000 miles per year are .00057 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year is 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • audiejbrownaudiejbrown Member Posts: 2
    Hey all, I am in the market to lease a 2011 TSX Base and we have negotiated all the terms, but I had a quick question on the fees associated with Florida. I have recently located from Illinois, so any insight would be a great help. Below are the itemized fees that were added to our negotiated price:

Acquisition = $595 (I understand that's non-negotiable)
    Tag = $225
    Battery/Tire Disposal = $145

I just want to ensure these are reasonable fees. Please let me know what you think... Any advisement is appreciated as I have written proposal with the dealer.

Thanks!
  • audiejbrownaudiejbrown Member Posts: 2
    Also, what should we expect to pay if we need to have a vehicle shipped from another dealer (across state)?
  • merlion0821merlion0821 Member Posts: 143
    What is the current money factor and residual value for the base model TSX with 15,000 miles per year? Thanks in advance.
    Hello merlion0821. Acura's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a base 2011 TSX with 15,000 miles per year are .00057 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $500 dealer cash that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
  • ghettoroadsterghettoroadster Member Posts: 2
    FWIW, I could not find a TSX "BASE" Wagon to save my life around where I live. 2011 The Tech Sportswagon money factor is 0.00058 and the residual for 36mo/12K mi a year is 58%. So the dealer is telling me. I thought we were able to afford this car, but the 3% lower residual broke the budget.
  • infoseeker8infoseeker8 Member Posts: 67
    FYI: Last week I leased a 2011 TSX Sport Wagon (base model) for 36 months, 12,000 mi/year. The details are as follows:

Sale Price: $28,100
    Destination: $885
    Bank Fee: $595
    Doc Stamp Fee of $175
    Tag/Registration: $300

Lease Finance Amount: $29,755
    Money Factor: .00057
    Residual: 61%

Monthly Lease Payment (before state tax): $330
    Cash at signing: 1st Month ($330 + tax) + Tag/Registration ($300)
  • ghettoroadsterghettoroadster Member Posts: 2
    thanks for that info, infoseeker8. it'll be very helpful this weekend I think.
  • jamesbond15jamesbond15 Member Posts: 145
    These sound reasonable. Yes, the $595 is non-negotiable unless there is some promotion for Acura Financial (which there currently isn't).
    You can find out the tags cost from the DMV, but $225 sounds reasonable. The Battery/Tire disposal fee is also reasonable.
  • 135i135i Member Posts: 25
    FYI...

10K/36
    fees + 1st month
    $302/month (includes NJ tax)
  • awilliams4806awilliams4806 Member Posts: 1
    Can someone tell me if this sounds correct. I am in Texas.

I am being offered

2011 TSX no Nav for $27986.00

All I have to pay tonight is $378.00
    Monthly Payment will be $378.00 including taxes.
    12k miles / 36months.
    thats too much, look at my post above.
    based on your numbers, it s/b around $330 after tax
  • jerzeyjerzey Member Posts: 2
    where in Jersey looking for the same deal. Every dealer wants 2,000 down
  • dagsydagsy Member Posts: 8
    Hi everyone. I would like to know if this is a good deal here in Illinois.

375/month for 36 months
    375+194 due at lease signing

for 39 months it would be $50 higher? Kinda strange as i thought it would lower my monthly payment.

This is for a base TSX, 12k miles/yr. Thinking of going 10k/yr to get a higher residual value.
    elite acura and park ave
  • franktopiafranktopia Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2011
    Just got my white 2011 with nav @ Nj
    Everything roll in. $400/m with sign and drive with 1st month included
    Term 12k/36m

I can also got an g37x for $499/m with everything roll in
  • carlover52carlover52 Member Posts: 4
    Hello,
    I need to know the MF and RV of 2012 TSX with teck pkg, also sale price, thanx
    Hello carlover52. Acura's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 TSX Tech 4-cylinder with 15,000 miles per year are .00078 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • carlover52carlover52 Member Posts: 4
    Hello,
    Thanks for a quick response, the low residual, will make it above the budget,
    what about Nov lease special on the 2011 TSX with tech pkg. Any advise on a good one with navigation for lease with no down payment, which brand has a good special?
  • hbqhbq Member Posts: 33
    hi, can anyone tell me the money factor and residual for a '12 TSX base, and w/tech package, 36 month, 12k miles/yr? Thanks,
  • hbqhbq Member Posts: 33
    Hi Car Man - can you tell me the lease terms at 12k/year (36 months, tech 4cyl)? Thanks,
    You're welcome carlover52. Acura is not providing lease support on the 2011 TSX any longer. As a result, you may find that it is actually cheaper to lease a 2012 model at this point.

The best deal out there right now, though on a slightly more expensive vehicle, is BMW's lease offer on the 2011 328xi Sedan.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, hbq. Acura's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 TSX 4-cylinder with Tech and 12,000 miles per year are .00078 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • tt3tttt3tt Member Posts: 1
    The figures you are mentioning are not possible on a TSX Tech. If they are legitimate, post the name of the dealer, I'd love to do that deal.
  • oblomovoblomov Member Posts: 9
    Hi, Car_Man, do you have info on 2012 TSX Sports Wagon Lease with Navi for December? Also, what about 2012 TSX 6 cylinder with Navigation? Thank you, would really appreciate it.

Vadim
  • max_andersonmax_anderson Member Posts: 37
    Hi Car_Man,

Here is the deal presented to me by my local Acura dealer on a 2012 Acura TSX Sport Wagon w/Tech for December '11. These are for a 36-month/12K year lease. I will qualify for top tier credit. Keep in mind, we have to pay sales tax for the full "purchase" price of the vehicle in Illinois (awful, I know). I had them roll the taxes into my monthly payments:

Money Factor: .00190
    Residual: 60%
    MSRP: $35,695.00

Monthly Payment: $615.00

Only first month, license, and doc fees due at signing.

Are these numbers accurate? Is this a reasonable deal? It looks like they based the payment off of full MSRP. When I check the True Market Value, it looks like the TMV is pretty close to MSRP but still...

I need to move quickly so any help you can give me would be much appreciated.
  • sergeymsergeym Member Posts: 283
    Run, definitely, run!
  • ken117ken117 Member Posts: 249
    Those numbers are essentially reflective of you paying MSRP for the vehicle, nothing down (smart), and rolling all the sales taxes and fees into the deal. Even on a lease, people do not have to pay MSRP.

According to TrueCar.com, a fully loaded 2012 TSX Sport Wagen can be had for about $33K. Using the lease factors provided by your dealer and the True Car price, the monthly payment (inlcuding taxes and fees) should be closer to $500 a month. Edmunds has a nice article about computing the lease price which you may find helpful.

This dealer is not offering you a good deal. Whichever dealer you ultimately use should use the True Car, or less, price to calculate the lease not the MSRP.
  • mk2mk2 Member Posts: 27
    Car_man,

Could you provide money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 TSX 4-cylinder base model and 10K miles.

Thanks much!
    I certainly do Vadim. Acura's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 TSX Sport Wagon with 15,000 miles per year are .00078 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    I know what you mean, max_anderson, the taxes on leases in Illinois certainly are terrible.

I was under the impression that Acura's special lease money factor on the TSX V6 is also available on the Sport Wagon. If that is indeed the case, then the money factor that you were quoted is too high. That factor is .00078 for "Super Preferred" tier customers. Again, I think that this factor is available on the wagon as well, but I'm not 100% positive.

I definitely would not pay full MSRP for this car.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mk2. Acura's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 TSX 4-cylinder base with 10,000 miles per year are .00078 and 63%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • mk2mk2 Member Posts: 27
    Got the following lease deal for 2012 TSX 4-cylinder base

Purchase price: $27,450

Lease: 36 months, 12 K miles per year, $0 due at signing, $310 (+tax) per month.

Sounds good to me, but would appreciate comments.

Thx
  • efavuzzaefavuzza Member Posts: 2
    efavuzza
    yesterday i bought a great economical car Acura TSX. At first i went to look the new honda civic, but the lease was for ex only no leather or tech, and they were asking for $275 with $1900 down 36/30,000. Acura at Brooklyn locate Nostrand avenue were great. i bought TSX SE for $2000 total out pocket and $350 a month and Marty MGR was great. when Marty heard i was a Veteran he gave us coupons to make the deal. i also trade in 2006 VW passat, and VW is the most over rated car in the market. i think a person is better get old Fiat 124 than the PASSAT. i had negative equity on VW about $3000, Marty still made this deal happen.
    the people were so great, that i also bought 2012 Acura MDX. i am a vet so i great a big discount on MB, i also own BMW so i get good discount. the X5 body never really change in 15 years. Also it isn't good in snow last year and i am not big fan of BMW interior. The Benz interior is classic but boring, and the drive was too soft. i found the Acura interior was cockpit of F16, and it handles great and the ride better both BMW or Benz. Marty took over last payment and $2500 out pocket i got 2012 Acura MDX TECH package, and best part Acura over Benz and BMW no option everything standard. the MDX feels faster than bought BMW and BMW
    Acura is back Back
  • coolbizcoolbiz Member Posts: 19
    Just signed a lease..2012 TSX Special Edition, 15K miles a year, 0 money down (just paid 1st month), dealer paid for tag and threw in tints..$368 per month including tax

Hope I made a good deal, feedback would help, thanks.
  • meg9714meg9714 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to lease a 2012 base TSX, 15,000 miles/year.

Got the same offer from three Acura dealers in CT. All said $0 down is $370/month and with $3,000 down its $317 down. Is this good???
  • coolbizcoolbiz Member Posts: 19
    Is this including tax? Got the special edition for 368 a month including tax, 0 money down, 15K miles, so since your getting the base model, you can get it a little lower.
  • sergeymsergeym Member Posts: 283
    edited December 2011
    Tell them you've got past the 3rd grade in elementary school and know math basics. It is not clear if you are talking about 36 or 39 month lease. But regardless the term 3000/39=76.9 and 3000/36=83.3.

Even at 0% interest you shoul at least get $370-76.9 = $293.1 ($286.7 for 36 month lease) with $3,000 downpayment.
  • vegasdjvegasdj Member Posts: 3
    Do you think I got a good deal? I leased a 2012 tsx w tech pack for 0 down 36mo 12k a year for $439 a month. Does this sound like a good deal?
  • robtroxelrobtroxel Member Posts: 103
    $400> 410bucks a month seems clolser to a good deal. Why would ask for advice after the fact? Great car though. You will ove the stereo too!
    well i haven't taken delivery of it yet so technically i can still say no. so would it be messed up to go back and say I want it for $400 a month. Also it was 439 after tax not before.
    Actually after doing more research I found out its a good deal, i found out one of my friends works at the other acura dealership and he says the best he could do is take $5 bucks off payment bc the deal is basically all in.