Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX Lease Questions

Comments

• zack24zack24 Member Posts: 1
    Car man,

I was quoted 2007 lease 36 months 10k miles with $0 down just your start up fees roughly $1200 due it came out to $419 with tax or $393 plus tax. With the $1999 down,$359 plus tax or $380. Good deal? MI sales tax is 6%.

Also, can you point me to a good finance calculator on the web?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi fkhan83. You never mentioned what this car's MSRP is. This is an important number when calculating its monthly payment. For now I will assume that its MSRP is $30,560. Correct me if this is not the case. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Acura TSX with an MSRP of $30,560 and a selling price of $27,670 through Honda Finance right now for 35 months with 15,000 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $440. I used a money factor of .00275 and a residual value of 53% to arrive at this payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi shoppingcar. The dealer invoice price for a base 2006 Acura TSX with an automatic transmission but without navigation is $26,106. The price that you were offered this car for is around $700 over invoice once the $1,000 dealer cash that is available on this model right now is backed out. This is a reasonable price. Just make sure that the dealer you are working with uses Honda Finance's buy rate lease money factor of .00275 to calculate your car's lease payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi zack24. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the car that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Edmunds.com has a loan and lease calculator available right on this site. Here is a link to it: Edmunds.com Calculators.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • gator00sigator00si Member Posts: 61
    2007 Acura TSX Auto -(w/o Navigation)
    I just did this very skinny lease deal shown below:

Terms: 36 months, 15k miles / yr
    Money Factor: .00161
    Residual: 61%

$351.22 / mo plus sales tax of $24.59 = total payment of $375.81 / mo

Amount due at lease signing:
    $600
    includes first months pmt, tag/title/doc fee.

I had the negotiation leverage b/c I shopped around and priced 4 different dealers. An outside dealer presented this deal to me and I presented it to my local dealer to match it and they did. If you have the time this method definately saves you alot of $$$.

I use www.leaseguide.com 's calculator.

Good Luck gents!
    Congratulations on getting your new car, gator00si. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. Enjoy :) !

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • ericginsericgins Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I am located in Arizona and would like to get that same quote you got...can you provide me with dealer name and number
    Here is one of the emails I recieved from Regal Acura out of Lakeland, Florida as a basis for comparison. It's close to the deal I did with my local dealer.

Dear Eric,

Here is the lease information you've requested.

36 mths/ 15,000 miles yr/ $985 down/ $366 + tax per mth

Cap cost with aquisition fee is $28,095.00-$595 =$27,500 for selling price

We have the silver with black in stock. Let me know when would be a good time for you to come in.

Thank you for the opportunity. We love expediting car buying and having fun. We look forward to having you as part of the Regal family.

Sincerely,

Darla Williams and Rita Rank
    Internet Sales Department
    Regal Automotive Group
    Keep in mind that being across the country in AZ the market I'm sure is alot different. All the outside dealers I priced were still within 100 miles of where I live. I didn't bother pricing dealers out of state as I know and most likely the dealer knows I won't fly or drive out of state just to pick up an Acura and drive it all the way back.
  • cpa3cpa3 Member Posts: 89
    Just leased a 2007 TSX w/o Navigation for my daughter. Here is the deal:
    MSRP: $28760
    Cap Cost $27508 ($200 over invoice)
    Acq Fee $595 (added to cap cost)
    DMV Fees $236 (added to cap cost)
    Residual 63%
    MOney Rate .0016100
    12000 miles a year
    Drive off $412.07
    Monthly Pmt: $354.82 (includes 7.75% sales tax)

The car had to be picked up from another dealer. They offered me anyone off their lot for $200 less.
    Nice dealership to deal with. Very straight forward and honest. Deal was done over the phone before I set foot in the place.
  • jenp123jenp123 Member Posts: 39
    I am looking into leasing a '07 TSX and I looked on Acura's Main web page and there are some attractive incentives going on right now. A non- navigation, TSX has a leasing option for $299 a month. Not all respective Acura dealers mention this information on their website, but if the information on Acura's main page, don't all dealers have to honor?
  • scottypimp56scottypimp56 Member Posts: 2
    jenp123 said:

"I am looking into leasing a '07 TSX and I looked on Acura's Main web page and there are some attractive incentives going on right now. A non- navigation, TSX has a leasing option for $299 a month. Not all respective Acura dealers mention this information on their website, but if the information on Acura's main page, don't all dealers have to honor?"

In addition, what is anyone finding that they are able to negotiate further? I am very new to leasing. Any assistance would be helpful.
  • ductwinductwin Member Posts: 4
    The current $299 deal expires on Feb. 5th. You have to wonder if they might improve it since President's Day sales are coming up in a month or so. Certainly to keep pace with other lucrative deals out there, they will have to do something.
  • wrx_tsxwrx_tsx Member Posts: 3
    Backstory:
    Ending wife's 2004 Jetta GL lease for something larger and more luxurious. The TL would've been great, but we didn't want to spend that much $$ even though my car payment is almost 500/month but will be paid off in a few months.

Smithtown Acura Long Island, NY
    Henry Neil was the salesman, he was very nice and respectful as well as very well versed in the Acura product line. I've been to upscale dealerships where I was educating the salesman on some of the feature/options...
    My wife and I are young and we've been brushed off before elsewhere because they probably thought we can't afford their cars...i hate that!
    Anyway we decided on an 07 TSX, no navi, it turns out they still have the lease rates from the holiday program until 1-31! I was very excited to hear this because from what i've read here, they've been high

MSRP 28,760
    Price Paid 27,560
    Term 36 months
    15k/yr
    MF .00127 (3% for super preferred 710+ FICO)
    First month's down, bank fee, plates, etc up front (~1100) No cap reduction otherwise.
    35x without tax, but I decided to pay the tax each month.
    It came out to 385/mo with ~1100 total laid out
    The only problem was color choice, seems the TSX has been selling well around here. We wanted white with the ebony interior, but there were none to be had so we took Black with the black interior and we're waiting for it to arrive.

I'm excited to finally own a car with a sunroof, leather, heated seats and all the other entry-luxo stuff packed into the TSX. My WRX cost me 24k in 2002, but all that $$$ is in the drivetrain/suspension. Yes it's much faster than a tsx, but the niceties will be very welcome for my wife's daily driver and when i drive it. 27k is a pretty good deal for still being somehwat early in the 07 model year.
    wrx_tsx- What was your Residual and how much are your taxes? That MF is really great, I may try to negotiate for that too.
  • wrx_tsxwrx_tsx Member Posts: 3
    Oh man I thought I was missing a detail when I posted this!
    for the 36month 15k/yr the residual is 59%
    NY state sales tax is 8.625 on a receipt i had laying around, for some reason i thought it was 8.75, close enough.

I didn't have to negotiate anything on the MF. The salesman was reading right from acura's book thingy. I came home and looked here before buying to see what people were getting on a MF and the lowest I saw was .0016x from someone on the west coast. So I figured that .00127 is about as low as I've seen poking around these boards(hair over 3.0%) and that there wasn't a dealer markup, and even if there was it was still a killer rate.
    IIRC the TL had identical MF's...
    It was 34k msrp, 33k neg cap cost and 423 paying first months, fees and tax up front (roughly 460ish with NY tax rolled into the payment) I forgot the RV but it was 57 or 59 IIRC
  • mk2mk2 Member Posts: 27
    Car_man,
    Please let me know current money factor and residual for a TSX without NAV and with auto transmission. Looking to lease it for 36 months.
    Thanks
    Hi Car_man,

I'm also interested in these numbers for the car and term above with 12k miles per year.
  • biker4biker4 Member Posts: 746
    Cap Cost $27508 ($200 over invoice)

The invoice is around 26,300.
  • mk2mk2 Member Posts: 27
    Here's what I'm getting from a couple of dealers in NJ for TSX without NAV and with auto transmission:

Lease Term: 36 Month 10K
    Selling Price: $26,808
    Residual: 59%
    Money Factor: 0.00127
    Sales Tax: 7%

Monthly Payment: 337.00 (tax included)

Due at signing:
    First month payment: $337
    Document: $189
    Bank Fee: $595
    Total: $1375
    Congratulations on your new car, cpa3. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your deal with everyone. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi jenp123. Dealers are independent businesses and they are free to sell you the vehicle that you are interested in for whatever price you are willing to pay. Given the current market for vehicles like the TL, if you are in an area that has a decent level of competition you should be able to get at least as good a deal as the lease that Acura is currently advertising on this car on its site. In fact, manufacturers' advertised lease payments usually leave a little meat on the bone so to speak. If one thinks about it, it makes sense. Dealers would be pretty annoyed if their manufacturer advertised the thinnest possible deal on a car or truck. Shop around for the lowest possible selling price for the TL that you want and then have the dealer that gives it to you calculate your lease payment using this car's buy rate lease money factor. you should be able to do at least as well as the advertised deal, if not better.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi scottypimp56. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Basically the two main numbers that you need to focus on when leasing are your vehicle's selling price and the money factor that is being used to calculate its monthly payment. These are dealers' two main profit centers on leased vehicles. Negotiate the lowest selling price that you can on the TL that you want and then have the dealer that gives you that price calculate its monthly payment using Acura's buy rate lease money factor.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Here's the information that you'[re looking for, mk2. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Acura TSX without navigation with 15,000 miles per year are .00127 and 59%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi ductwin. See my previous post for this car's lease program. Its 12,000 mile per year residual value is 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • denotsxdenotsx Member Posts: 2
    Hey I just signed the papers for a new 07 TSX w/navi and automatic trans. I'm just curious what kind of deal I got:
    36 months
    12,000 miles
    $3,000 down
    $322/month (all taxes and fees included)
    Also has a rear spoiler.

I just want to know what you guys think. Thanks!

(I live in Philadelphia, PA)
  • roy_walkerroy_walker Member Posts: 7
    I leased an 07 TSX for $520 down and $366/mo for 36mo, 15k mi/yr. I probably could have gotten it down a little more, but it was close enough (should be able to get to $360/mo and $500 down).
  • dano100dano100 Member Posts: 22
    I am seeing '07 TSX lease specials in Ohio for $299/mo./36 mos. with $1,999 down on models without navi. Good thru 2/28/07
  • sesame106sesame106 Member Posts: 3
    I had posted on the help board as I am not sure how to proceed and am looking for opinions!

I would like to lease a TSX. However, I have terrible credit do to awful decision making. Bills are all current and paid but I already did the damage.

I have a small business that has done very well and I am able to pay from 12-14,000. The tax accountant that I have been working with said I need larger expenses and fast.

I do not want to buy outright as I do not want to deal with lack of warranty and repair costs.

Does anyone have any advice on how to approach this? I would like to do something like the SmartLease through GMAC but I am open to suggestions!
  • ewellsieewellsie Member Posts: 15
    What is the current going money factor and residual value for an 07 TSX Automatic with Navi and 12,000 miles per year?

I'm currently trying to find out what it might cost me if I'm able to trade in my car for what I owe on it and simply lease a TSX with little down.

Thanks for the help.
    Hi ewellsie. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Acura TSX with navigation and 12,000 miles per year are .00127 and 60%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Thanks for the information.

I'm printing out some paperwork now and I'm going to probably stop by an Acura dealer tomorrow, test drive a TSX and see what kinda deal they can cut me.

My trade-in is holding me back right now, so I'll have to see what they can do about that. I owe almost $1000 less than the KBB so I'm hoping I can just part ways with it for the amount I owe without them trying to sneak it onto a lease.

I'm going to try and get that negotiated and offer $28,600 for the TSX with those rates you gave me and a minimal down payment.
  • genixgenix Member Posts: 4
    Does anyone know if Honda's promotional rate of .00127 is available for the 6 speed manual version of the TSX?

Also, what is the maximum amount of miles i can be allocated before being charged excess mileage? Is it 15,000 or is there an 18,000 option

Thanks in advance :)
    Should I expect a similar money factor and residual value for an 06 TSX Automatic with NAVI and 12,000 miles per year?

The local dealer seems to have a bunch of them and I may be able to swing a better deal and solve my trade-in problem with the leeway.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175
    I doubt you can get a good lease deal on an '06 model.. If you want to lease, you should probably stick with the '07..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• lmp180psulmp180psu Member Posts: 399
    Hey Carman or kyfdx - I am thinking about leasing a TSX with Auto and no Navi, and have read the 'How to Calculate a Lease Payment' article on Edmunds. I made a spreadsheet based on the article and want to make sure the figures I am coming up with make sense. Do you think the cap cost is reasonable (no down payment included)? Thanks for your help!

MSRP of Vehicle $28,760.00
    Miles per Year 15000
    Residual Value % 59%
    Residual Value $ $16,968.40
    Capitalized Cost $27,000.00 (above $5XX over invoice - I think it is fair)
    Depreciation $10,031.60
    Term in Months 36
    Mnth Depr. Payment $278.66
    Cap Cost + Residual $ $43,968.40
    Money Factor/Int 0.00127
    $ factor payment portion $55.84

Lease payment (no tax included) $334.50
    Monthly Tax amount $20.07 (6% in PA)
    Total Monthly Payment $354.57
  • rujorujo Member Posts: 137
    I'm not Car man or kyfdx . . . but your spreadsheet calculations are spot on. Re cap cost: from reading other posts I'd say the cap cost is pretty good if it includes the acquisition fee - even better if license and doc fees are included! If no fees are included in the cap cost . . . I'd be trying for a bit lower price. Just my 2 cents. (And I'm personally interested 'cuz I feel I may be close to a TSX lease experience myself!)
    Looks like you have it down pat.. :) I don't have the lease numbers for the TSX, but if that is what you got from Car_man, then you are good to go..

I'm pretty sure there is an extra 3% tax on leases in PA.. sorry to say... :(

As noted above.. you'll have an acquisition fee ($595?) and a security deposit..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks for the info rujo. The dealer here has around 10 TSX w/out NAV and auto on the lot now, so I will see if I can get the price lower.
    Thanks kyfdx. Poo about the extra 3% tax....LOL At least it isn't an extra 3% on the price of the car or something...lol.
    I didn't mention that I would have a trade in as well. Would the difference between the cap cost, and the trade-in value have any baring on the amount of tax charged (I know it does in PA when you buy/purchase the car)?
    Not sure, but doubtful.. You own the trade-in, but the bank owns the leased car..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Yes, genix, the special lease money factor that you mentioned is available on all Acura TSX models. Acura's current advertised lease for the '07 TSX allows 10,000 miles per year. Honda Finance also publishes residual values for leases with 12,000 and 15,000 miles per year. If you need to drive more than that you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi lmp180psu. In my home state, it's not Pennsylvania, consumers actually do still get the tax credit for trading in their vehicle when they lease a new one. This is even the case if you have the dealer that you are working with cut you a check for your trade instead of using the proceeds from it as a down payment on your lease. I'm not sure exactly how this works in your state, but there is a very good chance that it is the same. You may be able to find out more information on this subject by visiting the following sites: Pennsylvania Department of Revenue or Pennsylvania Driver and Vehicle Services.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum

P.S. Go Lions!
    Thanks for the information Car_man. I will check it out later.

WE ARE...PENN STATE!! :)
  • delta737hdelta737h Member Posts: 626
    Hey Penn State!

I'm your neighbor in Ohio. I just got the following lease deal for an '07 TSX w/o NAV.....

MSRP............................. 28,760.00

Sell Price....................... 26,700.00

Amounts Financed
    1st. Payment........................ 351.08
    Security Deposit...................... 0.00
    Acq. Fee............................ 595.00
    Sales Tax @6.00% x 35 x 329.77 ..... 712.30

Gross Cap........................ 28,358.38
    Cap Reduction.................... 0.00
    Adj. Cap......................... 28,358.38

Residual Factor (10K miles)....... 62%
    Residual (RF x MSRP).............. 17,831.20

Money Factor...................... 0.00127
    Term (months)..................... 36

Monthly Payment w/sales tax....... 351.08
    Monthly Payment w/o sales tax..... 329.77

Total Due at Signing................... 156.00
    (includes doc, license, title, registration fees)

You should be able to get the '07 TSX for between 26,550 and 26,700! I created a one page lease proposal exactly as it appears above (well, the numbers were at least aligned) and emailed it to one dealer at a time. I told them that all I wanted to hear was either a YES or a NO and that the AHFC lease agreement must be completed ACCURATELY. The fourth dealer finally got it right! You would be amazed at the number of dealerships that can't complete a lease agreement correctly or complete lease worksheets properly! Also, many lease software packages do not compute lease payments correctly when the first payment is rolled into (capitalized) the lease. All payments MUST MATCH! Consequently, sales taxes are incorrectly calculated as well. I created a TI-83/84 lease program that does every type of lease calculation imaginable.
  • mareeh77mareeh77 Member Posts: 6
    I've already started inquiring for prices online, but I was planning on having a co-signer if I were to fully finance. I really would prefer leasing. I found out that I would have to keep my co-signer for the full term of my lease, and that is not an option. If I were to have fully financed, I was planning on refinancing later in the year when my credit was better.

My low fico is 620 with one medical collections left of $1200. I just purchased a home in December, but it still is not showing on credit report. Have deffered student loan of about $12,000. No open credit lines. Does anyone know if I have a chance? I heard that it is harder to get approved on a lease. Is this true? Will it affect the market factor?
  • crokerdcrokerd Member Posts: 5
    I am considering trading in my BMW04 X3 for a TSX07. My lease is up in August 07. Here is the deal.
    Acura Price 28760
    Selling price 27260
    Lease for 36 mos @499. including tax
    18,000 miles/year
    1,000 down

My trade is an BMW 04 X3. Lease remaining is 4 mos @ 506.00 with 43000 miles over on the lease by 4,000.

What do you think? The TSX is w/out navigation.
  • jpappasjpappas Member Posts: 16
    This lease payment seems very reasonable. Did it change or expire when the month changed (i noticed you posted in March)? If you could provide some more info on your experience, on the board or privately I would appreciate it. I'm also in PA and need to do a deal this weekend.

BTW as far as credits on tax. Last time I did this, there was NO credit on tax from a lease or toward a lease because taxes on a lease in PA are assessed monthly on the payment, rather than at sale on the total (like with traditional financing)
    I actually haven't gone to any dealers yet to check on what they would offer. I was just trying to make sure my spreadsheet calculation were reasonable based on the numbers I posted. Sorry I couldn't help with actual experiences. I do know the special lease deals Acura has now are valid through the end on April.