Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hello nickoooch. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the TSX that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you a detailed analysis of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi mach1010. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value in California for a 36 month lease of an Acura TSX without navigation with 12,000 miles per year are .00110 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier and pay a security deposit at lease signing. The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings serfy. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the best way to get a good deal on a lease is to negotiate as low a selling price as possible on the vehicle that you are interested in and then have the dealer that you are working with calculate its monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor. Honda Finance's current buy rate for a 36 month lease of a 2007 TSX is .00110. I am not familiar with what the inventory situation is like in the Los Angeles area for the Acura TSX right now, but I suspect that you won't have much trouble getting one for around $500 over invoice.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Thanks for taking the time to share the quotes you have gotten with everyone, gforce11. These look like very good deals.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi Trae. Unfortunately Acura's current special lease money factor on the 2007 TSX is not available in Virginia. In stead of lease support, Acura is offering 1.9% financing for 3 years or 3.9% for 4 to 5 years plus $300 dealer cash or $500 retail dealer cash.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi carstyle. I don't believe that Acura made any special enhancements to its incentives on the 2007 TSX for Memorial Day. Its special May lease program for this car is available in New York. Negotiate the lowest selling price that you can on the car that you want and then have the dealer that you are working with calculate your monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor of .00110 (for "Super Preferred" tier customers who pay a security deposit at lease signing).

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi uofafan7. Vehicles' residual values are indeed set by banks and individual dealers do not have the ability to alter them. Dealers cannot lower banks' buy rate lease money factors, but they are often allowed to mark them up to add additional hidden profit to deals. Fortunately, the dealer that you are working with is not marking up this car's money factor. The selling price that you were quoted for an '07 TSX with navigation looks very attractive to me. If you like the car, go for it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi Justin. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In your post you mentioned possibly making a $6,000 to $8,000 down payment on your lease. This definitely is not a good idea. I always advise consumers against making large down payments on leased vehicles. Those who do, risk losing all or part of them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. You would be better off leasing this car with no cap cost reduction. In fact, down payments have no impact upon the the end of term purchase prices of leased vehicles. Vehicles' purchase option prices are based upon a straight percentage of their full MSRPs.

The selling prices of leased vehicles are indeed negotiable. Shop around for the lowest possible selling price on the TSX that you want and then have the dealer that you're working with calculate its monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

Gap insurance covers the difference between the amount that you owe on your lease and the amount that your insurance company will pay on it if it is totaled in an accident. It is a good idea to have gap insurance when leasing. Honda Finance leases automatically include gap insurance at no additional cost.

The lower your vehicle's mileage allowance is, the lower your monthly payment will be. It would probably be in your best interest to lease with the mileage allowance that you believe you will actually need. That way you won't be forced to pay a huge excess mileage penalty at the end of your lease if you decide not to purchase your vehicle because you are sick of it, don't like it, have problems with it, etc...

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • carstylecarstyle Member Posts: 5
    rujo, I am trying to get the selling price to
    selling price $26,200, could you spell out other variables, and I will take it to the dealer. thx
    ------------------------

acquisition fee $595
    cap cost $26,295
    residual $17,256
    money factor .00110
    monthly payment $298.99 plus tax
  • ausdtechausdtech Member Posts: 37
    Hi Car_man, could you tell me how much waiving the security deposit would raise the money factor on a tsx w/nav 26mo 12k/yr lease?

Thanks!
    Oops, that should be 36month 12k/yr lease not 26month.

Also, I got the impression that some/all Acura leases through Honda Finance are not transferable (i.e. you couldn't sell/trade the lease on one of the lease trade sites if you needed a different car, moved to the moon etc.). Is this true?

Thanks for the help, this forum has been a great resource.
  • jackbarronjackbarron Member Posts: 4
    Hi,
    new to this so please excuse any mistakes, errors etc.
    Live in LA where I have been going back and through with several Acura dealers for 07 MDX/tech and MDX/sport as I am still not 100% sure on which I wish to lease.

Best price I have been given is:
    MDX/Tech $40600.00 (MSRP is $44165.00, invoice is $40103.00)

and
    MDX/Sport $42500.00 (MSRP is $46265.00, invoice is $42004.00)
    (Dealer is Acura 101 West, Calabases, CA)

I want to get payment down below $600 per month (including local sales tax of 8.25%) for lease-36months, 10K miles per year with max drive off of $2500.00. Dealer that quoted this to me is saying this is not possible even with the large discount off MSRP (more than $4000.00) because of high money factor rate and residual value.

Looked at similar equip Lexus (sticker of about $47000.00) with payment of less than $500.00 per month including tax for 36mo. with drive off of $2500.00

Understand that Lexus lease is at lower money factor and probably higher residual value therefore making the Lexus payment better but really want the MDX.

Am I looking for something not possible now with Acura money factor rates and residuals? Really do not want to have more than $2500.00 drive off (which I am sure includes some cap reduction-which I have read on your site- is not a smart idea).

Do you know of any leases on MDX that are under or close to max of $600/month with discounts of $4000.00??

Thanks in advance for your help.
  • rujorujo Member Posts: 137
    carstyle - sorry to be a bit late in the day in answering - east coast/west coast time zone differential doesn't help!

selling price $26,200
    acquisition fee $595
    cap cost $26,795
    residual $17,256 (36mo/12k mi/yr)
    money factor .00110 (AHFC Super Preferred credit tier)
    monthly payment $313.43 plus tax

due on delivery: tags, title, dealer doc fees and first month's payment
    The AHFC buy rate money factor (currently .00110 for the TSX in regions where the "lease special" is available) is, to the best of my knowledge, available without a security deposit. This was true for my lease last month; and I'm not generally seeing security deposits reported in lease deals on this forum. It may be possible to lower the money factor if you wish to put up a security deposit.

Note also that even tho AHFC mentions a security deposit in the upfront $$ when advertising the "lease special", they always state further down in the fine print: "Security deposit waived in lease example."

From the AHFC lease agreement: "I agree not to transfer, sublease, rent, or assign this Lease, the Vehicle or my right to use the Vehicle."
    First - you should probably be posting your questions in the MDX forum instead of TSX. Second - I'm not going to run all the numbers, but a quick look at your MDX Tech deal makes me think your dealer is full of it (assuming you qualify for AHFC's Super Preferred credit tier). Let's take a look . . .

selling price $40,600
    acquisition fee $595
    cap cost $41,195
    residual $26,057.35 (59% of $44,165 for a 36mo/10k mi/yr term)
    money factor .00270
    monthly payment $602.07 plus tax
    $$ upfront: tags, title, dealer document fee (approx $55), and first month's payment - approx. $1000

Now then, let's do a cap reduction of $1400 (plus tax) - so you'd be putting approx. $2500 upfront: same numbers as above except now we've reduced the cap cost to $39,795

monthly payment $559.40 plus 8.25% tax for a total monthly payment of $605.55

And there you are!
  • jackbarronjackbarron Member Posts: 4
    Thank you so much for replying back. Thought I was in the correct forum, sorry about that-but thanks for explaning to me.
    Great, thanks for the info!
    Hey carstyle. The dealer invoice price for a 2007 Acura TSX with an automatic transmission but without navigation is $26,451. The selling price that you were quoted is around $450 over invoice, which is a very good deal. Just make sure that the dealer you are working with is using Honda Finance's buy rate lease money factor of .00110 (for Super Preferred tier customers who pay a security deposit at lease signing) to calculate your monthly payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    I personally don't think that you're going to be able to do any better than $450 over dealer invoice on this car in Virginia, carstyle. Plus, you won't be able to avoid paying your home state's sales tax on it by purchasing it in another state. You will be required to pay New York sales tax on your car when you go to register it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi newbie22. The impact that one's credit score has upon lease payments varies from bank to bank. Some banks, like GMAC and BMW Financial Services, use a pass / fail system. Either one's credit score is good enough to qualify for their best lease rates or they can't lease through them at all. Many other banks, including Honda Finance, use a tiered system that has money factors which vary by credit score. All of the money factors that I have mentioned in this discussion are for consumers who qualify for Honda Finance's top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier. You need to have a credit score of 710 or higher to qualify for this tier. If your score is lower than this, you will still be able to lease through Honda Finance, just with a higher money factor.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi ausdtech. Honda Finance will waive its security deposit requirement in exchange for an increase of .00010 in a vehicle's money factor.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    While I have never personally tried to transfer a vehicle that has been leased through Honda Finance, I believe what you have heard is correct, ausdtech. I don't think that it allows leases to be transferred at sites like swapalease, etc.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi jackbarron. This specific discussion is for community members to discuss leasing the Acura TSX. Please post any questions that you have about leasing an MDX in the following discussion: "Acura MDX: Lease Questions". Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • milhouse1milhouse1 Member Posts: 1
    Hello! I'm very interested in leasing a TSX here in the Cleveland, OH area. I want the 6mt with Navi and 15k miles a year. I was comfortable paying the $2139 up front and $299 a month, but now I'm seeing all the great deals people are getting. Please let me know what a fair monthly payment would be and what is the most I should pay up front considering my requirements. I qualify for the super preferred tier also. Thanks!
  • lmp180psulmp180psu Member Posts: 399
    I noticed that there is $500 M to D cash on the TSX non-nav until 7/2/07. Can this cash be used towards a lease? The description on the incentives section here has me confused...

$500 Cash to Dealer start: 05/01/2007 end: 07/02/2007

Restrictions: Eligible vehicles sold utilizing this program do not qualify for: "2007 TSX Regional Special AHFC Lease" or 2007 TSX Regional Special APR".

Comments: Dealer participation may vary. Incentives and Rebates are provided subject to the terms of our Visitor Agreement.
  • jak0jak0 Member Posts: 5
    I have a question on lease numbers on a TSX in the CT market.

The dealers in my area have very few base TSXs (no navi) in stock. I know that one is getting in another shipment of 2007 and I suspect the others will as well. With that background, do you think I have any room to negotiate w/ these numbers?

15k miles/year
    36 mos

26,951 sale price + 595 acq. fee (371 monthly payment w/ sales tax)
    about 825 up front costs, including conveyance fee (299), first month, registration (155).

Money factor - .00110
    Residual - 16,680

Alternatively, do you think the prices for the 2008 will differ all that significantly?

Thanks!
    Looks like it says pretty specifically the $500 cash is not available to the dealer if you get the special lease or financing terms. However, it has been posted somewhere that there is $300 factory to dealer cash even if a special lease or finance program is used. Regardless of cash incentives, dealers are motivated to sell their remaining 07's - the 08's are coming soon!

Per many, many posts . . . get several email quotes, shoot for a selling price $300-500 below invoice, pay only tags, title, dealer document fee and first month's payment upfront.

Take a look at message #3249 in the Prices Paid forum: $25,700 on a lease deal. Prices do differ from market to market . . . but this shows there are deals out there - don't let your local dealer b***s*** you.
    2008 prices will certainly be higher. Probably a small increase in MSRP, not much discounting early in the model year, and probably less attractive lease programs from AHFC.

Looks like your lease numbers are correct, so the only room to negotiate is on the selling price. Do you have quotes from more than one dealer? Perhaps extending your "quote range" into the NYC or Boston area would give you more leverage?

Good luck!
  • sanman1sanman1 Member Posts: 121
    Please keep in mind that I have an 05 Accord LX lease currently with 8 months left on it. I'm at 39500 miles already on a 15k mile a year lease. I will be over miles by Feb 08.
    Acura TSX Leas Deal with early termination of current lease

07 TSX with Navi
    MSRP 30,760
    Selling Price 28,187
    Redidual 57%
    Money Factor .00011
    Payment $444.60 plus tax

They offer me 12k on my current car wich has a payoff of 13400. Remember this is a current lease.
    Roll 1400 into new deal. What else are they rolling into the deal? I would think they are rolling the remaining payments of around 2500 into the deal to get this payment as it doesn't add up with just adding $1400 to the $28,187 selling price

Anyone think I can negotiate more for my trade and also a bit lower on the selling price. I'm asking the dealer what else they are adding to the deal to make the payment that high. I should be paying in the high 300's plus tax maybe lower 400's payment?

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    Rolling in the $1400 plus $595 for an acquisition fee... only brings it up to $404/mo.+tax (MF .0011?).

Looks like about $40/mo. too much... Is $13,400 the residual at the end of term, or the current payoff?

Have you thought about a non-NAV? Generally, $30-$40 less per month, all else being equal. (not that it has anything to do with their numbers being off).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks for getting back so fast Wow!
    The payoff from AHF is 13,400 for my Accord. They originally said that they would give me 11k and take it in as a trade, then I got them to give me 12k for it. This will leave $1400 negative on the Accord. I don't think that they are off too much as they want to move the remaining 07's but I think they are about $50 too much and I want to know where that is. Do you think low 400's plus tax is good with navi in my situation? Maybe I can get them to give me another $500 towards my trade and maybe go down a few hundred more on selling price of the TSX. Yes, without navi it will be lower but the navi is soooooo sweet. BTW: 15 miles a year on the TSX Lease Offer.

Thanks again.
    Here is the original first offer through email without a trade figured in:

07 TSX with Navi
    Sale Price 28,300
    MSRP 30,760
    Redidual 57% = 17,533.20
    Money Factor =.00110
    36 Month and 15,000 mi
    $0 Down
    Payment 404.00 a month

Like i said I have the current lease that I'm in with 8 months to go. I will be over miles in a few months so I'll owe probably close to $1k in over mileage fees and I'm past warranty also. I only pay 322.00 a month now for current car (accord)

Their deal is 444.60 a month with paying off my accord and haveing $1400 negative equity.
    I think I can work them a bit to get the deal to work. They have black/black with navi/auto.

I've been trying to figure all this out the last couple of weeks.

Ya think I can work this down closer to $400 a month? This is with $0 down.

Thanks again.
    Just off their figures above, they are $40/mo. too high.. I'd work on that part of it, before worrying about getting the price down, any more..

You are apart about an extra $1400 right now... I'd want to know why that is.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Here is the skinny, I just spoke with him. Basically selling price 28,187 +595 Acq fee, +895 state taxes tag..., + plus my 1400 negative equity. My payoff on accord is 13400 they are giving me 12k as a trade in value. So the gross cap is 31,077 but the weird thing is over the phone he said my cost would be 31,593 which I don't know if I missed something?
    Is the 800 fee something that you would pay aside from the 595 acq fee? Remember this would be a $0 down deal. You and I both know that Accord holds a good value and they are almost on with the trade value. I think I can squeeze them for another 250-500 on trade. What about that fee of 895? Are they BS'ing me? In the 800+ fee are they including my first month's payment. He said there are State of Florida taxes and such.

Thanks again I really appreciate this info.
    I just got an email from him with a few dollars lower..haha

I have a little bit left that I am allowed to give you before I have to call the
    cops when you come in for delivery for stealing a car!

The lease is 0 down and $436.52 plus tax, trading in your car.

Please let me know if you can make it in today to finish things up.

This is again with the negative equity figured in at 1400 plust acq fee, plus the 800 fee that I don't know is too much?
    So.. the $895 includes state sales tax and the first payment? Does this mean that you drive away with no first payment, and nothing out of pocket? I'm guessing this $895 still doesn't cover state sales tax, and that the CAP cost is even higher because that is where the 1st payment is calculated in.

Florida dealers are famous for "dealer fees" and "document fees". Which basically equate to "additional dealer profit, disguised as a government fee.

I think what you have is the dealer adding about $1000 in extra costs, over and above their "selling" price.

The $1400 negative equity in your Civic isn't the biggest problem.. It is the dealer obscuring the true cost of leasing their car. This is no deal.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Assuming everything is rolled into the lease, including the first payment... you should still be down around $415/mo. + tax.. That would be with absolutely nothing due at signing...

The $895 fee is just padding..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Yes, I believe it's $0 down sign and drive with the payment. He just said 436 plus tax. Yes, they are trying to make a few more bucks. Of course!
    They are sneaky and they try to get you on anything you can even if you are savvy. I'll make him sweat it out and if he doesn't budge I'll walk away from the deal. They are not losing money on this deal even at 415 plus tax. I'm not lining their pockets with padded fees. I will ofer $500 down,ask for $500 more towards my trade, and another $200 off of selling price. They could have a deal with about 20 more bucks less a month. Oh well. Overall, you don't think it's a bad deal at 415 plus tax with my trade, correct? BTW: it's an 05 Honda Accord LX on the trade in car.
    I can't really appraise your car from here (or even in person, to be accurate).

As long as you consider the trade-in value fair, and are happy with it, then the $415/mo.+tax seems okay.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

General sales manager called me now. They are hungry. Anyways, He said this:

805.15 is startup fees including the first month payment with tax 464.89
    203.00 license fee
    2 bucks Lemon law book
    60 Rent surcharge
    6.50 tire fee
    24.00 electronic filing fee

And there was one more but he was talking fast. Wow how about the fast talker thing..haha

So there is a dealer fee of 598.50 plus acq fee of 595.00.

The actual sales price is 27,914.82 plus the 805.15 which brings it to 28,720.

So basically he said the cost of the car out the door is $31,313.50 with the 595 acg, 1400 neg equity, and the 598.50 dealer fee. These figures are added to the 28,720 selling price which comes to $31,313.50.

They are trying to get more for my trade now. I got them to call around. They want the deal. I think 415 plus tax is decent with my situation with ending a lease term 8 month early.

Lets see if they can get me there.
    I'm sure it will require me putting something down though.
    Got them to give me 12500 for the trade. They said with 760 down my payment will be 395 plus tax TSX with navi. I think that's a good deal considering I have a lease turn in with 8 months to go that will be over miles in about 4 months. I'm heading over to pick up my Black/Black TSX with navi. I can also put 500 down if I choose which will increase the payment to 409 plus tax. Either way not bad. What do you all think? Oh do they typically add the Acq fee and dealer fee to the selling price? I thought the dealer fee was in the selling price of the car. Either way I think they add on one to many fees and if you want the car you have to pay some fee aside from the selling price. That's how they make great profits. It basically is where you feel comfortable with what you put down and ultimately what your payment is for the car you are getting.
  • hellye1hellye1 Member Posts: 23
    2007 TSX silver/ebony - no nav

Lease

36 months
    12k a year
    $ 305 a month
    $ 1900 total out of pocket

what do you think about this deal??
    The dealer fee is just extra profit.. No justification for it.. just a separate charge to make you think you are getting the car for less. Not that important, just look at the total picture and consider it part of the selling price. Does the selling price look good to you with that fee added? If so, then no problem. (high dealer fees are typical in FL and GA.. not sure why).

The $595 acquisition fee goes to the bank.. the dealer doesn't get any part of that.

Good luck!
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Picked it up yesterday. It's hot! Black/Eboy with navi. wow, I have to learn that system. It seems to do so much with the XM radio and all built into it.
    The selling price out the door after my trade in and all fees was 30,100. Remember they add the dealer fee, acq fee, and rolled in 900 from the early term on my accord. They did say if I put 764 down at signing my payment would be 395+ tax I ended up putting 500 down and my payment went to 403 plus tax. Overall not bad as I had an early termination of a lease that had 8 months to go as well as going to be over mileage by at least 5k miles by the time that my lease ended. They actually had selling price to start at 27,914 so I if bought it I would have had a price of 29,728 with tax and then the dealer fee of 598.50.

Thanks for your input. Now to drive the black beauty.
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    Hey, sounds like you got a great deal! I am actually really considering doing the same thing. I am currently in an 06 accord, but want my moonroof, but thinking of going to an another accord with moonroof or go to the TSX, since it is a type of honda as well. I am about neutral on my pay off versus my trade in. I saw they have a deal for $299 for 2k down, but I would like to try the navi out.I want the 4cyl and the TSX has it, plus the autostick. What do you think I should do? Plus should I wait for the 08 accord? but if I do, itll be awhile before the price goes down and the bugs worked out. It really doesn't seem smart to buy right at first the 08 accord. I saw the TSX, and went WOW, thats hot, plus not many people around me have one. I will put $0 down on the lease, but really, I can get the 07 accord ex-l or the TSX, I want to stay with honda/acura. Any advice?
    Yeah I think the deal was pretty good. The car is sweeet! The navigation and the handsfree bluetooth is really cool. I hate this break in period for the engine as I would love to open it up a bit. I hear it's nice around curves as well.
    Overal it's an entry into the Acura world. There are others out there as we know but if you are looking to upgrade from Honda or Toyota Acura is a good stepping stone into the luxury car world.

What is the reason to want to get out of the 06 Accord so fast? Is it a lease or did you purchase?
    If you are leasing then it's not a good thing to get out too soon. I looked last year at this time and the payoff was way too high and uneven as well as the lease was not as attractive for the TSX. Maybe you are just not totally happy with the Accord style compared to the TSX. Yes, it's the Euro Accord but the styling is definitely more sporty. I think the 2009 TSX will be totally remade in appearance and some options. If you are going for the 07 TSX you better get going soon as the rates will change and the 08's will be out and the deals will not be as good. First, you should consider what might happen if you get out of the 06 accord too soon. If you purchased then you can more than likely sell it for near what you owe. The problem is nowadays is that there are too many choices and there are always lots of changes with cars year to year. Decisions Decisions
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    Ya, I have been saying the same thing to myself, really why do I wanna trade so early. I am just getting bored, and that is the car enthusiast coming out in me. I did lease my car, and believe it or not, I almost traded back in the spring for an accord with a sunroof, they were going to do it, they just looked at my pay off and trade in, thats all. I love my accord, but for this silly reason I miss my sunroof, only because its summer. My other car had sunroof. I really like the TSX, because hardly anyone in my area has one, plus its basically an accord. Honda accord should take on some of the luxury of the acura. I'll probably go and look at a TSX, but I'll wait to trade this fall or next spring, for what car, I have no clue, I'll stay with Honda/Acura though. I wish that the Civic Si, would come in a automatic! Thats another hot car.
    I have been looking at the posts in this forum as well as the prices paid/buying experience forum for about a month now. I may be able to get a price of 26,700 (incl. destination) + TTL + acquisition for a non-navi, 15k/year, 36 mos lease. It appears that people in other states are getting prices up to $1k less than what I have been able to get.

To test the market, I approached a different dealer with what I thought were reasonably lower numbers than the quote I had from the original dealer. I was given significant attitude by the other dealer when I proposed figures based on about a 26,200 sale price (assuming the guy understood my numbers, which were as follows: $360/month w/ sales tax $1000 due upfront (which includes registration, conveyance, and first month's payment)).

I would normally think that $200-300 over invoice is a fair price, but based on the numbers you all are coming up with I am not so sure. Reassurance anyone? Suggestions?
    I would normally think that $200-300 over invoice is a fair price, but based on the numbers you all are coming up with I am not so sure. Reassurance anyone? Suggestions?

You've done your homework on researching various deals - and it's pretty clear that where you live/shop makes a major difference. Two points:

1) Probably the best way to know what the real pricing in your area is - get email quotes from as many different dealers as you can.

2) There is $300 factory-to-dealer cash available with the special lease deal. (I'm assuming you're in one of the regions where the special lease is available.) If a dealer has a reasonable number of cars in stock, a deal at or well-below invoice should be possible. There are stubborn dealers - and apparently there are regions where all the dealers have managed to maintain pricing at a high level. If you've really sussed out the competition and believe a certain price is what you're going to have to pay to buy a car in your area you have two choices: 1) make the deal and enjoy your car (you got the best deal possible in your area); 2) shop outside your area.

Questions: What state are you in? How much is "conveyance" and exactly what does it include?
    Thanks for the reply. I'm in CT. I saw a reference to a possible factory to dealer incentive in an earlier post, but I didn't think it is definite for the lease special states.

I can only get two out of four area dealers to give me pricing over the internet and I haven't had the energy to deal with an in person fight yet with the non-internet dealers. I think that really is the next step at this point. I did visit one of the internet dealers, but they wouldn't budge off their quote that day even though I was willing to put down a deposit if they would.

The original two prices that I got are around $550 apart w/ destination (26,950 v. 27,400), but are a little closer if I can get the higher one to eliminate the extra options I didn't want on there in the first place.

Conveyance for dealers is $299/359 respectively, which I know is simply profit for the dealer as I pay registration separately. Inventory definitely is an issue, since I am essentially negotiating for cars that haven't arrive on their lot yet; although I would think that they would be happy to have sold a car before it even hits their lot. The one that seems to have the biggest inventory arriving (different dealer than those that provided me quotes) is actually the one with the biggest attitude, which seems odd given the 2008 arriving soon. The other dealers all have about 1-3 non-navis in stock, with a few more expected in the next shipment.

Oh well, I am sort of losing interest at this point, which is kind of good since the next step is to go to the uncooperative places in person with my proposal. I'll raise the factory to dealer incentive and see what happens.

Thanks.