Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• nalenale Member Posts: 12
    Dear Car_man,

Thanks so much for the information. I'll be calling AFS this week to find out about scheduling the inspection.

I also, very belatedly, want to thank you for the info you provided me almost 3.5 years ago when I first leased this car. If it weren't for you, I would have gotten a pretty bad deal on the money factor on my lease. So thank you!!!

Sincerely,
    Nale
  • kpof38kpof38 Member Posts: 4
    Car_Man or Any One Else Who May Know:

The A4 lease special states:

2007 Audi A4 2.0 T quattro Special Lease Offer$349* lease per month for 36 months
    Now through April 2, 2007

Down payment: $1,725
    Refundable security deposit: $350
    Acquisition fee: $575
    First month's payment: $349
    Amount due at lease inception: $2,999
    EXCLUDES TAXES, TITLE AND DEALER FEES

*36-mo. closed-end lease offered to qualified customers by Audi Financial Services, Inc. through participating dealers. Must take delivery by 4/2/07. Rate based on $33,510 MSRP of 2007 Audi A4 2.0 T quattro with Premium pkg., heated front seats, and destination charge. Purchase option at lease end for $19,771.

Required dealer contribution could affect final negotiated transaction. Lessee responsible for insurance and may have some financial liability at lease end. Lessee responsible for $0.25/mile over 10,000 miles per year and a disposition fee of $350 due at lease end. See dealer for details. Refundable security deposit return subject to excess mileage and wear charges. For details, consult your Audi Financial Services contract.

... Where it says, "Required dealer contribution could affect final negotiated transaction" Does this mean that Audi will give the dealer either "dealer cash" or some sort of rebate since the contribution is required?
  • kpof38kpof38 Member Posts: 4
    I forgot to mention... the reason why I am asking this is because the dealer's initial offer was $32,000 or only $332 over invoice. Since this was a very unusual initial offer by a dealer, I went to another Audi dealer in town and they initially offered $32,000 as well. This makes me think they are getting a rebate and are charging me MSRP.

Thanks, please help!
  • slipstreamv2slipstreamv2 Member Posts: 31
    Hi Car_Man,

It's nice to see you're STILL here! Thanks to your advice and info over the years, you've helped me, family, and friends get over 5 car leases (4Runner, IS300, Accord, RAV4, Gr. Cherokee...). Each time, the information has been a powerful tool in making an informed decision and knowing that we were getting a decent deal...I was a bit surprised when I saw the Smart Shopper Lease questions thread was closed, but I see you're answering questions here.

This time around, my sister has once again asked me to do research on an Audi A4 2.0T sedan( probably non-Quattro, unless they extend their current Quattro lease offer). Her current lease ends in late May 2007, so I'm trying to get an idea as to what to expect. I remember from before that residual values drop as we get further into the model year. Currently, it seems residuals are 59%/12K and 57%/15K. By late May, is it reasonable expect residuals to be lower by 2% respectively?

Also, do residuals differ much between Quattro and non-Quattro, or between manual and CVT, and do those differences stay consistent for the most part throughout the year?

I'd also some clarification on money factor trends and Audi. I've read some recent posts back to January here, and it seems .00080 to .00082 (for East coast) is their standard MF? Do they usually offer better MF to compensate for lower residuals? Again, looking for general trends.

Thanks.
  • slipstreamv2slipstreamv2 Member Posts: 31
    Generally speaking, do car manufacturers start advertising really good lease specials to get rid of their old model year cars? If so, usually what month do they start?

IIRC, we won't be seeing the 2008 A4 until about August, right?

Can you give me any further info on what Audi is likely to do, given your knowledge of past Audi behavior, such as on likelihood of extending their current lease special? Also you mentioned previously that some manuf. allow "locking-in" of current offers...any disadvantages to that, given our situation?

Sorry for the multitude of questions, and thanks once again.
  • magicmandrmagicmandr Member Posts: 2
    I am looking at a 12,000 mile/yr 39 month lease on a 2007 A4 2.0T Quattro 6M with Premium and Convenience packages. What should the residual and MF be for this lease? I am located in central Florida. Thanks.
  • aimhelixaimhelix Member Posts: 1
    Hello all. I'm new to this forum, please excuse me if I do this incorrectly. Thankfully I found it before I went on ahead and purchase my first Audi by myself.

I live in NYC (Westchester) and I'm wondering what to expect to pay monthly and as a guesstimate on how much I should spend up front. I want an Audi A4 Quattro 6Speed with the S-Line sport package or a 36/mo lease at 15k a year. The website's MSRP is for $32,800.

Does anyone know the money factor and residuals are for the state of NY? Thank you.

`jay
  • rrsdrvrrrsdrvr Member Posts: 2
    I'm helping my GF with acquiring a new Audi. We are getting ready to negotiate with the dealers here in the San Francisco Bay Area and wanted to be sure to have our ducks in a row. Based on what we've read on this forum, these are the numbers we have come up with. Please let us know if we are on the right track, and if not, what we need to correct. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

'07 A4 2.0T Quattro Convertible - Premium and Convenience Pkgs, Heated front seats, Navigation, and Bluetooth
    36 months, 15k miles/year
    MSRP: $47,120
    Cap Cost: $44,500 (approximately $1,000 over invoice)
    Acq. Fee: $720
    Audi Maintenance Program: $550
    Cap Cost Reduction: $2,000
    MF: .0008
    Residual: 57%
    Monthly payment (includes 8.25% sales tax): $569.69

Again, any help with these figures would be greatly appreciated before I begin to negotiate.

-KAT
  • leftfrankleftfrank Member Posts: 6
    My beloved 2004 A4 1.8T Quattro 6-speed manual is coming to the end of its 42 month lease.
    The residual price is $17,300. Looking at what this car is currently selling for, this seems like it might be a good deal. Is it?

I am also concerned about a warranty going forward. I would have 6 months left on the factory warranty, and considering the cost of Audi repairs, I want to have a warranty. What are my options here?

Also, is there a chance that Audi Financial will negotiate on the residual price (perhaps in conjunction with a warranty)?

Thanks much, Frank
  • kjenkins696kjenkins696 Member Posts: 27
    I'm looking to lease an A4 Avant with 6M. In estimating my payments, I've applied the numbers presented in earlier posts in this forum: MF of .00082 and residual of 57% for 12k per year (since I will purchase the Audi service plan)

I have three questions:
    1. Are the numbers I'm using correct?
    2. Should I be able to get these figures for a factory order, since I'm finding Avants with manual transmission difficult to find?
    3. Does Audi allow for the use of multiple security deposits to lower the MF?

Thanks,
    Kevin
  • raptor23raptor23 Member Posts: 1
    Greetings everyone, Please pardon my naievity as this is my first post.

I am looking at leasing a Q7 (3.6l) and would like your advice on what some of the dealers are offering to lease this vehicle across the East coast. We went to a dealer yesterday and he quoted $ 699/mo based on a 36 month lease.

thanks,
    raptorfan
  • tballstballs Member Posts: 8
    Thanks a lot for the info, Car_Man. My current lease expires in May and I'm researching ballpark costs.

Quick question with regards to the Audi Maintenance / Service plan. I know that it doesn't do anything for the residual value on 24/27 month leases, but I was wondering how much it costs. I've seen people suggest that the MSRP is about $500 bucks for a 36 month lease, but I'm wondering if it's less for a 24/27 mos lease.

Also, when calculating the lease price, is this included in the capitalized cost (and therefore included in the residual), or is this not included in the residual calculation?

Once again, thanks for your help.
  • rs4somedayrs4someday Member Posts: 2
    1. yes
    2. ask your local dealer about "rate protection" with a factory order
    3. yes, but the impact is nominal (.00005 per each extra security deposit)

Good luck,
    John
  • rs4somedayrs4someday Member Posts: 2
    The Audi Care Maintenance plan is available for any new vehicle lease term for $550 ($590 > 03/19/2007). However, only at 36 month or longer lease terms does it afford the benefit of a 1 percentage point residual value increase (lowers your net cost for Audi Care). If you intend to drive 10k miles per year for a 24/27 month lease, it's probably more cost-effective to just pay the 15k and 25k service out of pocket.

Good luck,
    John
  • dyoungsdyoungs Member Posts: 4
    This is my first post, and this looks to be the place to be for help. I've gotten a first offer from my local dealership (KC, Mo.)on a 2007 A4 Cabriolet CVT with the premium package, premium audio package and Bluetooth. 36 month lease/10,000 miles per year. The lease worksheet they provided me shows the following
    Selling price - $41419 MSRP $42,995
    rate - .00185
    "adjusted residual" value (because of the Audi Care 1 percent adjustment?) - $27,946 -- earlier on the sheet it recites the residual as .65
    The offer contemplates a significant up front payment of $3,970.75 made up of
    acquisition fee - $575
    cash - $2,000
    document fee - $199.50
    security deposit - $500
    an unidentified figure of $696.25.
    The monthly lease payment I've been quoted which includes taxes, Audi Care ($590?) and transportion costs to get the vehicle here is $497.33.

I'd appreciate your thoughts on this offer. The selling price appears to be about $1,800 over invoice, and we would not contemplate paying any more up front than absolutely necessary. Thanks in advance!
    BTW -- From looking at other posts, it looks like the money factor they're using is very high, as is the residual value percentage. Presumably to make more money off me during the term of the lease while keeping my monthly payments lower. Am I looking at this right?
  • eurosnobeurosnob Member Posts: 7
    I am currently looking at leasing an A4 Avant 6MT that would be ordered, although not all of the offers are in yet (awaiting a total of 8) the first two have money factors of .00115, which is somewhat higher than that .0008 or so I see floating around the forum. What gives? Am I missing something? Residual for 15K per year on a 3 year lease is 54% (quoted without Audi Care). Any opinions?

Thanks.
    What is the money factor on a 2007 A4 Cabriolet non-Quattro with the premium audio package, heated front seats, premium package and Bluetooth? 36 month lease/10,000 miles per year. The dealer is saying it is .00185. Quick assistance would be much appreciated as I have two dealers working on the same vehicle, and am close to being able to pull the trigger. The other dealer is saying the MF is .0015. Both are saying the rate is set by Audi Financial and can't be negotiated down! Someone is either negotiating down or up!
  • giampiero6giampiero6 Member Posts: 6
    Hi:

I was recently quoted a deal on a 07 A4 2.0 Cab CVT. What do you make of this deal? My current car has been a borderline lemon and I'm eager to get out of it, so I might get out early. Please tell me what you think of this deal.

2007 Audi
    A4 2.0T cvt
    Cab.
    MSRP 41,070
    it has Premium pkg. w/ bluetooth...
    $0 out of your pocket...
    36 month
    15k miles per year
    $555 + tax (they pay my last 2 payments totalling $1008)

Thanks, as ever for your advice.

Giampiero
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're very welcome, Nale. Three and a half years ago, huh :surprise: . Wow, you're making me feel old ;) .

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • audiseekeraudiseeker Member Posts: 1
    hi - i live in nyc and this is the deal i am being offered on the audi a4 convertible:
    36 months
    heated front seats
    upgraded sound with sirius
    leather interior

$598 per month

is this a good deal?
  • ekazatskyekazatsky Member Posts: 4
    Does anyone happen to know what AFS buy rate for a lease is for the 2007 cabriolet currently? I am hoping to make a deal within the next day or so. Thanks
  • rrsdrvrrrsdrvr Member Posts: 2
    Buy rate is .00175 for previous Audi owners. The best they could do for me this past weekend was .00190.

You might want to think about checking www.roadfly.com and their "financing" forum for lease info on ALL vehicles. . .
    Hi kpof38. The "required dealer contribution" statement in the fine print of Audi's advertised lease for the A4 means that a dealer discount off of this car's selling price is necessary to arrive at this selling price. Audi is not currently providing any cash incentives on the 2007 A4, but you should be able to negotiate a discount on one. In fact, I would go as far as to say that consumers who are in areas that have a decent level of competition will probably be able to negotiate a larger discount than the one that was assumed in this advertised lease. If you are able to do so, your monthly payment would be a little lower than the advertised one.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Kpof38, $332 over dealer invoice is a very good price for an Audi A4 right now. Again, I am not aware of any dealer cash on this model at this time.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey slipstreamv2. Wow, 5 leases huh? I'm glad that I have been able to help you and your people out in the past. Yep, Edmunds.com closed that discussion and decided to break out leasing into a ton of smaller discussions that would help consumers find the information that they are looking for more easily, which makes sense.

Audi's current lease program on the A4 is scheduled to run through April 2nd. I can give you an idea of what it is like now, but there is a decent chance that its May lease program for this car will be different than the current one. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Audi A4 2.0T Sedan without quattro is .00082 in the Central and Eastern U.S. and .00093 in the rest of the country. Its current 36 month, 15,000 mile per year residual value is 55%. With only 12,000 miles per year, this residual will be 2% higher. The money factors for the quattro version of this car are the same, but the residual value is 1% higher. It doesn't matter whether it has a manual or an automatic transmission. It's difficult to say what its May lease program will be like at this point. Its residual values may be a point or two lower. If they are though, there's always the chance that Audi will lower its money factors to compensate for the drop in an effort to maintain a similar level of payments.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey slipstreamv2. Manufacturers tend to offer less lease support in the beginning of the model year than they offer later on. Vehicles' residual values gradually fall as the model year progresses, so if you wait too long to lease it can be expensive as well. As a result, the middle of the model year is usually a great time to lease vehicles. I personally doubt that Audi's lease program on the 2007 A4 is going to get much better than it is right now in the next couple of months, but it is difficult to predict exactly what manufacturers will do with their future incentives and lease programs. Audi seems to like to maintain an advertised lease payment on the A4 that's in the the $349 per month area.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Here's the information that you're looking for, magicmandr. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 39 month lease of a 2007 Audi A4 2.0T Sedan with quattro is .00102 in the Eastern and Central U.S. and .00113 in the rest of the country. Its 39 month, 12,000 mile per year residual value is 55%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Welcome Jay. This car's lease payment will depend upon what selling price you are able to negotiate on it. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Shop around for the lowest price that you can find in your area and then have the dealer that you are working with use Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor to calculate your monthly payment. AFS' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Audi A4 2.0T Sedan with quattro, the S Line package, and 15,000 miles per year in your area are .00102 and 51%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello KAT. $1,000 over invoice is a reasonable price for this car. Unfortunately, the money factor that you are using in your calculations is off. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 A4 2.0T Convertible with quattro are .00175 and 62%, respectively. If you decide to get the Audi Maintenance Program on your car, it will boost its residual value by 1%. AFS' current acquisition fee is $575. I see that you are considering making a $2,000 capitalized cost reduction on your car. I always advise consumers against making down payments on leases. Those who do risk losing them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi Kevin. This car's lease program varies by term. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2007 A4 2.0T Avant is .00082 in the Central and Eastern U.S. and .00093 in the rest of the country. Its 36 month, 12,000 mile per year residual value for this model is 56%. These numbers would be good on an ordered vehicle, but unless you are able to lock them in you will have to use the lease program that is available when you physically take delivery of your vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I'm not sure if AFS has a multiple security deposit program.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Welcome raptorfan. This particular discussion is for community members to discuss leasing the Audi A4. Please post any questions that you have about leasing the Q7 in the following discussion: "Audi Q7: Lease Questions".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    You're welcome. I'm not sure how much the Audi Maintenance Plan costs for shorter terms. I know that you can roll the cost of the plan into your vehicle's capitalized cost to bake it into your monthly payment, but I doubt that it can be residualized.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Welcome dyoungs. You're right, this deal does appear to be $1,800 or so over invoice. I am not personally all that familiar with what the market is like for this car in your area right now, but dealers tend to try to get as much as they can for convertibles as we head out of winter and into the spring. There is enough room here that it wouldn't hurt to comparison shop a little bit to see if you can beat this price, but you may not be able to.

Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of this car is .00175. It will waive its security deposit requirement for it in exchange for an increase of .00015 in the money factor.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi eurosnob. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2007 A4 2.0T Avant is .00082 in the Central and Eastern U.S. and .00093 in the rest of the country. If you opt to have your security deposit waived, it will increase these factors by .00015. If you are being charged any more than this, the dealer that you are working with is likely trying to mark your car's factor up to add additional hidden back-end profit to your deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi dyoungs. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 A4 2.0T Convertible without quattro with 10,000 miles per year are .00150 and 64%, respectively. If you opt to have your car's security deposit waived, the money factor would be .00015 higher. So the dealer that told you that this vehicle's money factor is .00185 was marking it up to add additional hidden profit to your deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings Giampiero. You never mentioned the selling price of the car that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello audiseeker. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the car that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi ekazatsky. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 2007 A4 2.0T Cabriolet without quattro is .00150. The buy rate for the quattro version is .00175. If you opt to have your security deposit waived, the factors would be .00015 higher than this.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • 78carolian78carolian Member Posts: 9
    Car_M -- Your urgent attention requested on this deal: A4 Avant 2.0T quattro auto., with prem. pkg., heated seats, front filler plate. Lease based on 36mos., 12,000 miles with MSRP $34,510 and selling price $32,876. $418.04/mos including all taxes, fees, downpayment, Total down from me: $2,695 ($1,195 trade equity and $1,500 cash). MF quoted: .00097 (sec. dep. included) and resid. of 56%. Request for complimentary HomeLink installation denied. Please assess -- closing this deal tomorrow morning at 10:30 am.
  • chadraymond5chadraymond5 Member Posts: 2
    Hi i was wondering what the current lease rates are on the 2.0t quattro manual sedan? Do you think Audi will be running another lease special soon like the one that just ended?
    Thanks Car_man -- you were dead on. You showed why it pays to get quotes on the same car from multiple dealers. The "money factors are set by Audi Financial and I can't negotiate off of them" push back I got from the dealer who quoted the .00185 immediately went away when I said the other dealer was quoting me .00150 and that I was "confused." We finalized a 36 mo/10,000 miles per year deal for the car at .00150 and 64 % based on a purchase price of $39,358. I'm happy with the vehicle, and following your tips saved me some real money. Thanks again!
  • archerzarcherz Member Posts: 1
    Hi Guys -
    First time CarSpace user.
    Have just started looking at a 2007 Audi A4 lease. From what I've been able to assess from this forum, what I've been quoted doesn't look like a very good deal. Here are the numbers with dealer comments. And my correspondence back to them.
    Please advise. Thanks.

Dealer email to me:
    New 2007 Audi A4 Avant 6 speed auto
    Phantom Black (premium color) Ebony interior
    Cold weather pkg
    Convenience pkg
    Premium audio w/satellite radio
    Bluetooth phone prep
    S line sport pkg
    MSRP $41,785
    Selling price $40,500 plus dmv
    In both scenarios below I’ve also factored in the Audi care at $550. Audi financial allows a 1% increase to the balloon/residual with this option, payment goes up about $5. a month~ This covers your factory scheduled maintainance for 48 months or 50,000 miles.

Residual/balloon percentage on both with Audi care 15,000 miles a year is 53%
    MF on lease .00148 with security deposit waiver
    Interest rate on premier purchase 4.10%

36 month lease with $2,500 driveoffs (arbitrary number, can be less)
    Cap cost $39,949
    Payment $586.44
    DMV $238
    Cap red $1,338.56
    Bank fee $575
    $2500 total
    Residual $22,146.05

Premier purchase with $2,500 down payment 15,000 miles a year factoring in the Audi care at $550
    Financing $38,788
    Payment is $569.69 finance charge is $3867.25 if taken to term. (no prepayment penalty on the premier purchase. Balloon is $22,146.05

Addressing the price I believe I’m being very aggressive right up front on this ‘S’ line avant. Our typical discount on these wagons was about $500 due to the limited availability, this price I’ve quoted you is also well below our Costco pricing on this model.

Here is the email i sent back to the dealer:
    Invoice on the car that you describe, according to Edmunds, is $38,634. That's $1,866 over invoice on your deal. CarSpace/Edmunds is stating that we shouldn't be paying more than $1,000 over invoice and they are seeing some deals out there as low as $500 over invoice. Considering all this info, and the fact that the car is already on your lot, I think the deal should be better.

On the lease side, CarSpace/Edmunds as of yesterday stated that the Audi Financial Services current buy rate lease money on a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles is .00082. and that the dealer shouldn't be marking this up.

Thanks for your help CarSpace!
    I just closed on my brilliant black/ebony interior A4 Avant w/ prem. pkg. last Saturday but it was not the S line and did not have the tech package. The dealer here in Columbus had to go to Indy to pick it up on dealer trade. These cars are not at all common so the deals are not to be had. At least you have located one that is sitting on a lot. Since I did not receive any feedback on my quote from this forum (good luck hearing back in a timely manner). Final deal was MSRP of $34,510 and out the door of $32,876 for 36 mos/12K miles. My MF was .00097 with resid. of 56%. I pulled and prayed and settled for $418 a month with tax, fees, the 2% residual inflation on all Avants and $2,600 down including $1,195 in trade equity. I made the mistake of having a car with trade equity in my deal and it probably cost me in the negotiation. The sales ad that hooked me was the A4's 36mos/10K miles $349/mos deal with $2,999 down and I ended up at $386 a month before taxes. What's done is done.
  • edwardsfedwardsf Member Posts: 190
    78 Carolian - Thanks for that post as I am also interested in an Avant. First, your deal does not seem bad. My understanding is that the money factor is higher for Avants than sedans. Is that your understanding too? Carman, is that true.

Second, it looks like you got the pretty typical (for savvy Edmunds folks) about $1700 under MSRP. Since you got an Avant and a rare one at that, sounds like you did well. But what is the 2% residual inflation number that you mention? Also, why do you report two monthly payments?
    Edwardsf - The finance guy at the dealer told me the Avants depreciate 2% more than the sedan. It was not a negotiable point. The reason I listed the "before taxes" payment of $386 was to illustrate how far away I ended up from the teaser ad of $349 a month. $418 is my monthly payment with taxes, fees, etc.
  • jbeckrjbeckr Member Posts: 21
    Leasing can be hard to figure out. Is this a fair deal?

2007 A4 2.0T. 6spd manual. Premium package. Quartz grey paint. Walnut trim. MSRP 30635.

36 month lease, 12000 mi/yr. Drive off of 837.10.
    Lease rate 0.00158

Monthly payments 494.35

Love the car.

Alternately, the dealer found the same car but with the convenience package also included for an MSRP of 32390. With same money factor, lease duration and mileage, the drive off is 979.49 and the monthly payment is 626.74

Your help appreciated.
  • edwardsfedwardsf Member Posts: 190
    Okay, thanks. But why did he tack it on to the MF instead of the residual? That is, Carman says lease rate is 93 and residual 56, and you are paying 97 and 56.

Thanks again for the info. I have been quoted about $800 over Edmunds invoice and $200 over TMV. They seem to be shy about quoting MF and residual over the internet. I won't phone them and that seems to bother them.
    Edwardsf -- We started our negotiation with the Audi Financial MF of .00082 but they tacked on .00015 because of the $350 downpayment that I didn't want to come up with. I had already put too much cash and trade equity in the deal and made the mistake of being a "payment buyer." The finance guy did run the #'s on me coming up with another $350 (and having the MF remain at .00082) or them tacking on an additional .00015 and it was about even.
  • wootang00wootang00 Member Posts: 2
    Hi! I have a 2004 Audi A4 with 49,XXX miles on the car. I leased the car in May 2004 for $270 per month (inc. taxes) on a 4 yr, 10,000mi plan.

I still got a year to go on my lease and am looking to try to turn it back into audi to pick up a new a4. I guess the question is: What kind of penalties or fees am I most likely going to be tacked with by trying to break the lease early, as well as being over on mileage. Would the dealerships be "willing" to take a hit for me if i bought another audi through them?

I heard if the leasing was ending and I was over on mileage and were probably to lease another audi that it would be easy to get the overage on mileage taken care of. But then again I do still have a year left.

Please advise. Thanks again. Of course if the penalties are too high, I can just wait till next year, but would like to pick up another car.

Thanks again in advance!
This discussion has been closed.