Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• jburleigjburleig Member Posts: 16
    Hello. I'm new to the forum. I apologize if this question has come up before, but does anyone know if/where Audi publishes its current money factors and residuals on leases? I was hoping to know this before talking specifics with a dealer. I'm interested in A4's and possibly A3's. My wife in in their "supplier program" because she does legal work for Audi. I'm hoping that might mean some attractive terms, but the paperwork on the program is inspecific.
  • edwardsfedwardsf Member Posts: 190
    Carman and all: Here is a quote from a SoCal dealer. How does it look?

2007 Audi A4 Avant
    Premium package, Pearl paint, Bose Stereo, Blue Tooth, Sports Suspension
    3 year, 10,000 mile lease

MSRP $34685.00
    Price $32740.00.
    Residual 57%
    Money Factor .00093.

Monthly Payment?

He first sent me $353.27 but he had wanted $2000.00 down and I rejected a down payment and asked for price, MF and residual. Then he gave me the above info without the monthly. (This price seems pretty good. I am wondering if he thought this was the sedan.)
  • slipstreamv2slipstreamv2 Member Posts: 31
    Thanks for the great info once again...yep, you've helped with at least 5, and probably more people that I've pointed to these forums (although I re-registered again only recently). I also have a question about the Mini Cooper, so hopefully I'll see you over on that thread when you get a chance.

bgates222, "MINI Cooper: Lease Questions" #65, 16 Nov 2006 8:09 pm
  • tizzletizzle Member Posts: 8
    Greetings Carman!! My 2004 Audi A4 1.8T's lease is to expire next month. We are currently 16000 miles under our allowed mileage. We would like to just drive a A4 2.0T with premium package and heated front seats off the lot paying the same lease as we have on our '04 383.84/month. Do you think the dealer where we leased the car from would allow us to do this? What is the best way to be properly compensated for our delivering the car significantly under mileage? Thanks.
  • edogg1edogg1 Member Posts: 14
    I need help. I want a A4 2.0 quattro, CVT, Sport, Titanium, Blue Tooth, Convenience, Navigation, Sirius radio. The TMV price is 39,666. I want to put $3500 out of pocket (to reduce my payments), 12K Miles per year, Audi maintenance, for 36 months. I would assume since the car is about the same price as the advertised A4 3.2 lease special that my payment would be similar but the dealer is saying the monthly is $500 per month including tax.
    I am also trying to decide between the 2.0 fully loaded with S Line package or a fully loaded 3.2 non S-Line. Besides the s line logo, what else is cosmetically different?
  • dino001dino001 Member Posts: 6,165
    It is better to keep the money, put it in an account and pay more monthly. Cap cost reduction benefits the bank disproportionally to the lessee, because if the car gets totalled early on you'll see nothing out of that money down. Since all good leases have GAP included in the payment anyway, the negative equity does not affect you. So keep the money in the bank and pay more per month.

2018 430i Gran Coupe

• kjenkins696kjenkins696 Member Posts: 27
    A4 Avant w/ metallic paint, convenience pkg, premium pkg, bluetooth, heated seats, tire press system, man. sunshades. MSRP = $37,035 Edmunds invoice = $34,302

-36 month lease @ 12K per year
    -"Internet special" price: $34,797
    -$350 "processing fee" which the dealer says is taxed
    as part of sale price
    -$575 acquisition fee
    -.00093 MF
    -59% residual w/ purchase of Audi Care (58 without)

Seems to me that the $350 "processing fee" is really an addition to the sales price (particularly since they are claiming it will be taxed as such), BUT I'm wondering even with this charge if this is a reasonable offer on this vehicle. . .

If not, should my next step be to demand elimination of the fee or to make a counter offer in which I reduce the sales price?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,681
    About $850 over invoice with the fee.. You may be able to get the price down by the amount of the fee, but that is probably it... so, your price now looks good...

For a reality check, what payment are you quoted with these parameters, and what is the amount due at signing?

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• wootang00wootang00 Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know the current residual and money factor for a 2007 Audi A4 2.0t Fronttrak Manual w/ S-Line package?

Thanks
    Thanks for the response.

I haven't been quoted a monthly payment or total due upfront. I've been trying to nail down the parameters of the deal first. They will be sending along that info. this morning.

My calculations tell me that the monthly payment will be $424 per month if I pay taxes, tags, and the acquisition fee up front (in addition to 5 additional security deposits), and roughly $500 if I fold these costs into the cap. cost.

I'll get back with you when I hear from the dealer. . .
  • cars0153cars0153 Member Posts: 45
    Your responability is the payments. If you turn the vehicle in now Audi will take it to auction and you willl be responsible for the difference up to your remaining payments. BUt it is not the full payment. They deduct the outstanding interest(service charge. The clock is ticking at 25 cents/mile so best to do it now.
    Being someone who used to run a leasing company, keep the money in your pocket! I am about to lease my 2nd Audi and I am only coming up with the first payment. Raises the monthly payment around 20-25 dollars
    Hi, New to the site but I used to be in the business years ago. i just got what i believe to be a great deal. Getting an A4 cab fwd, heated seats, premium pkg., maintenance pkg.
    One dealer quoted mt 620/mth with mass sales tax and where i'm getting it 601/mth with tax.If i pay 800 upfront, 325/mth. I am doing 23,000 miles per year on a 36 month lease. what am i paying per mile over?
    I believe I'm paying close to invoice
    Your thoughts
    You want to lease on 23K/year? :surprise: :surprise:

Lets see - standard leases are 15K/year, I heard of people buying up to 18K, perhaps 20K. That still leaves say 3-5K/year*3 years = 9-15K miles. Mileage penalty is usually 20-25c, so we get $1800-$3750. Do you still want to lease? ;)

2018 430i Gran Coupe

A4 2.0 Quattro CVT
    S Line-Titanium
    Quart Grey
    Nav, Blue Tooth, Convenience, Sirius/Bose, Cold Wthr
    MSRP-$43400
    Sale Price-$40,400
    .00093 MF
    58% Money Factor

Good?
    UP front milege is 15 cents at end is 25 cents. Buying milege up front
    Yeah - it's certainly better then after. But this kind of mileage it still may be better to buy. It becomes a simple math problem - what costs less total.

Remember they may still apply 15K standard on wear and tear so the after return fees may be killers, too. I would be extremely weary leasing with expected mileage like that - unless of course it's not my money you're paying with at the first place ;)

2018 430i Gran Coupe

Thanks for the advice. I know the business and high milege drving is even more reason to lease. This will be my 2nd Audi lease and they are great. If my figuring is correct a 5 or 6 year loan would still have a higher payment.
    So if I did that and went to trade the car after 3 years, I would be upside down in the car! Plus have to deal with higher repair costs.
    The residual at lease end is about 22k, will the car be worth that? Who knows!
    They base the wear and tear on the milege contracted for.
    People are buried in cars they don't want today because they take out long term loans to make the car affordable. One should let the leasing company worry about value.
    Anyone who owns a sport utility today with gas being what it is, try to trade it and get what you owe!
    People are buried in cars they don't want today because they take out long term loans to make the car affordable. One should let the leasing company worry about value

Agreed, in principal. Of course other people take low-mileage leases on their 50 mile one-way commuters also to make payment lower and then scream bloody murder when overcharges come. Most people get burried in cars they don't want cause they could not afford them at the first place, regardless of transation type.

You seem to know what you're doing - I was just making sure ;)

2018 430i Gran Coupe

I'd like to at least have the option of making multiple security deposits on my upcoming lease. However, the dealer I'm working with said that MDS's will NOT reduce the money factor on the car I'm looking at, an A4 Avant.

I called Audi Financial Services's main phone number and they deferred to the dealership on this.

Is Audi offering MSDs? Where can I go to get "official" confirmation of this? I submitted the same question on this board back in March and was told that MSDs are available - has this changed?
    I agree with you 100%. I used to be in the business and actually had my own leasing company and warned people about low milege leases and knew froma trade in they were in trouble. People sometimes don't listen!
    Thanks for your input
  • mikejones2mikejones2 Member Posts: 4
    I have these numbers for the following car:

A4 2.0T Cabriolet Auto Quattro; Brilliant Black/Black Roof; Ebony Leather; Heated Front Seats; Premium Audio Pkg-Sirius;
    Blue Tooth Phone Prep; Premium Pkg.

36 months 12k miles/yr. $1571 total out of pocket (included is first month); total monthly cost is $513 (including taxes)

I am purchasing it in Massachusetts.
    How much are you paying for the car and how much are you getting off sticker?
    What dealer are you going to?
    I am getting it in Danvers. I believe it will be between $350-$400 over invoice.
    Check with Dave Hamilton at Bernardi in natick. That is where I'm getting mine. I know he is off this weekend. You could ask for his boss Chris.
    Tell him warren sent you
    43,400 MSRP 2.0 Quattro, CVT, Nav, Blue Tooth, Sirius, Conv. everything, Black Titanium S Line
    $40,400
    Add on Audi Care
    .00093 Money Factor
    56% Residual
    12K Miles
    36 Months

They tell me that the residual is lower for S-Line but I am still reluctant. Does this sound right?
    I'd send an email to the other dealers. they will respond with prices, etc
  • audihorseaudihorse Member Posts: 15
    What is the validity of a "port fee" of $495 tacked on to Boston area Audi invoice?

Deal offered at Bernardi Audi, Natick:

A4 Avant 2.0T Quartz grey - automatic tiptronic w/ conv. pkg., premium pkg. , bluetooth, and heated seats (no nav, no Bose premium audio) w/ Audi Care maintenance. 15k mi/yr./36 month lease.

MSRP: 37,585
    Invoice 35,376 (w/ $495 "port fee" included - above $34,881 Edmunds invoice)
    Offered Price: 35,676 ($300 over "invoice")
    AND they would take care of last payment on 03 A4 sedan lease turn in - 390.00

MF: .00082
    res: 54%
    payment:479.86 (+5 % Mass. tax = 503.85/month)
    Down: $1,493.35 - $575 aquisition fee + tax 28.75, first month payment 503.85 AND 385.75 doc/reg./title fee - (this includes high $294 doc fee.)
    No security deposit.

Is this 54% res. value correct or too low?

I take exception to the high doc fee and wanted to know legitimacy of "port fee" on their dealer invoice?

Any thoughts or experiences would be welcome!

Thanks.
    Sounds legit. Charge at the point of entry which will vary in different parts of country
    other dealers are higher on doc fee. It's a rip off but according to state law they have to charge the same to everyone. I tried to get that down. I'm getting my new car at Bernardi as well.
  • audihorseaudihorse Member Posts: 15
    thanks...

did the lease offer sound like a good deal?
    Yes, Their deal was the best must you must ask for it. I got a quote from chambers and they match the price. The salesman was much more professional at Bernardi. I dealt with Dave. What about you?
    Warren,

What are you getting at Bernardi? What do you think of this deal?

A4 2.0T Cabriolet Auto Quattro; Brilliant Black/Black Roof; Ebony Leather; Heated Front Seats; Premium Audio Pkg-Sirius; Blue Tooth Phone Prep; Premium Pkg.

36 months 12k miles/yr. $1571 total out of pocket (included is first month); total monthly cost is $513 (including taxes)
    What is sticker and selling price? I am the FWD cab and doing 23k/yr so i can tell id I know that
    MSRP: 44620
    PRICE: 41634
    sounds good
    That sounds good. The deal I am being offer is for a 43400 MSRP, $40,400 Sale Price, $4K drive off and $500 a month for 36M, 12K Miles. The residual is 56% and .0093

they said Sline makes the residual go down. Is this true? It seems like you are putting less down and have the same payment on a more expensive car. Does your model have different MF and Residual?
    Actually your car stickers for more. I am doing 23k/year for miles. I am doing a FWD cab. Mine stickers for 41 and change. It is possible the residual is lower. I shopped pretty heavily and my prior dealer wouldn't match it. They were 20 more per month
    If you can handle a higher payment I wouldn't put the $$ down. it only changes the payment about $25/thousand
  • lednameledname Member Posts: 96
    I'm looking for a 2.0T Quattro Sedan w/ 6spd manual tranny. I want to do a 36 Month w/ 15k/year. What are the MF and RV for this deal...also if the expiration date is known, please advise.

Thanks..
    i think end of month
    Can anyone confirm if .00093 and 56% are accurate for 15k/36 month in the Northeast on a 2.0T Quattro Sedan?
    I'm not sure. Sounds about right
  • ravinpatravinpat Member Posts: 8
    Hi I am comming out of my lease on a cab 04 in March 08. I was wondering if Audi had any loyalty credit towards a new lease and also when would be the soonest I could get out of my current lease?
  • ravinpatravinpat Member Posts: 8
    Does anyone know about a loyalty credit with Audi?
  • edwardsfedwardsf Member Posts: 190
    I was offered .00093 and .57 on an Avant (which is usually more) and in L.A. (which supposedly has higher MF than east and central regions?).

Anybody know if Audi MF will change May 1st?

Where is Carman? Snif, snif.
    Yes...carman...where are you? I need to confirm the numbers and expiration date, please?
  • cyberxscyberxs Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I need to know if this lease deal is good, but I need an answer right away because it expires today!

2007 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro (awd,manual) w/Premium pkg.
    Lease term: 36mo. @ 12K mi/yr.
    Selling price= $31,422
    MF = 0.0007916667 (is this correct? Interest rate is 1.9%)
    Residual = 59%
    Taxes, delivery, DMV, other fees = $1209

btw, I live in NYC.

Thanks in advance!
  • beopersonbeoperson Member Posts: 74
    I just talked to dealer in NJ.
    He said that they are waiting on new numbers for May.
    I will post them once he calls me back

I'm researching similar vehicle but with automatic transmission.
    I just got mine
This discussion has been closed.