Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• rtclacrtclac Member Posts: 2
    mike- just trying to get more info on A4 Audi Cab similar to yours. Did you finalize your numbers? How do they look? I am looking a t the smae vehicle with NAV - not sure how much that would add. Do you know if May lease program has improved your monthly payment?
    thanks
  • mercury26mercury26 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone have the Audi A4 Avant 3.2 6MT lease rates?

Cheers,

Chuck
  • eurocarloveurocarlov Member Posts: 4
    I have a 2004 Nissan Murano SL AWD.. pretty much loaded up. Its on a lease 400 a month... didnt put any money down, 15k per year, 42 months (52,500 miles total). I still have a year left on the lease, but am quickly approaching my mileage limit (ALREADY). The payoff is still around $22,000).

I am very interested in an Audi A4 1.8T Quattro, pretty basic, with Premium Package. I realize I will likely be in the hole a bit but what could I expect a payment to be on this A4 for 36 mo, 15k per year, 0 down (except 1st pmt, title, etc...) given the situation with the Murano? I also realize that the payment will likely go up.

Any insight is appreciated!

Thanks!
  • jasonscottjasonscott Member Posts: 14
    I have been searching for the MF and Residuals for an A4 Convertible and not having much luck.

I noticed some previous posts you made with rates back in March/April but was hoping you would know where I could get the current May rates.

I am looking for 10K and 12K residuals.

Thank you very much in advance for the help.

JAson
    Thanks for the tip...nothing on the Audi over on that site...

Where do they get those numbers from...cant seem to find anything on the net.
  • cars0153cars0153 Member Posts: 45
    First why would you do a 15k/year lease again? Do a lease that gives you the milege you need. I just did another A4 lease for 23k/year which reflects my driving.
    See what the Nissan is worth if a Nissan dealer bought it. That will tell you how much in thehole you are. Your max. obligation is your remaining payments
    Ask the dealer to show you. They did for me!
    Of course they will show me, but they can mark up the buy rate from the banks to build in additional profit.

I want to know what Audi is offering at base.
  • edwardsfedwardsf Member Posts: 190
    April #s are there. Keep scrolling down. My bet is the numbers are better now as they have a national lease special now.
  • audihorseaudihorse Member Posts: 15
    I just picked up a 07 black on black Avant 2.0 for invoice 35,855 in Boston area - lease payment $516/mo. w/ $1500 down (aqu. fee+tax, 1st payment, doc/title/reg. fees) 36 mos./15k miles per year. Premium, Convenience, Bluetooth, heated seats, walnut dash trim, tire pressure monitor, rear airbags. MSRP 38,110.

MF .00054 = 1.29% (better than April)
    Res. dropped 2 points from April - to 52% with Audi Care.
  • donnaddonnad Member Posts: 6
    I wondering if I should be happy with the following Lease deal on a 2007 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro with Premium Package and heated seats: $627.24 (tax included)per month from Schneider+Nelson, NJ

MSRP: $43,175
    Selling Price: $42,585
    36 months
    10,000 miles
    .00180 money factor
    61% residual

$1,984.77 due at signing:1st mo payment($627.24), nj tire tax ($7.50), sec dep ($675), bank fee ($575), and doc fee($100).

Thanks for your help,
    Donna
    Sounds very high on purchase price. I got over $2000 off msrp on a 41000 a4
  • donnaddonnad Member Posts: 6
    I am working with 3 dealers in NJ and all are quoting me very high purchase prices. Any advise?
    Donna
    Here's what I got from a dealer in South Florida...

2.0 CVT
    Premium Package
    Wood Trim
    Bluetooth Prep
    Dolphin Grey Metallic

24 months - 10k Miles
    $614 / month

.00179 MF
    68% Residual
    $810 Due at signing ($614 1st month + $185 Tags & Registration)
    They do add a $495 fee to their "invoice" - $100 "prep fee" and $395 for "Regional Advertsing Fee."

Audi doesn't have a holdback from manufacturer so this is not so odious - BUT beware and make it a point of negotiation if you can.

Also, many dealers around here have ridiculous doc fee of about $300 on top of actual title/reg fee.
  • dan48646dan48646 Member Posts: 3
    I have a 2007 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro with 5,000 miles on it and i paid
    First Payment 998
    Monthly 410.93

Closed ended lease and everything. check out the audi website they have a current deal going....copied below...
    "
    Now, for a limited time, Audi is offering an exceptional lease through Audi Financial Services on a nicely equipped 2007 A4 2.0T quattro with Tiptronic transmission, Premium Package, and heated front seats. (See complete details below.) This offer is good through July 2, 2007 so hurry into your local Audi dealer today to take advantage of these winning savings.

2007 A4 2.0T quattro with Tiptronic transmission
    $379 per month
    36-month lease*
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Down payment $999
    Security deposit $400
    Acquisition fee $575
    First month payment $379
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Amount due at lease inception $2,353

Excludes taxes, title and dealer fees. See dealer for details.

*36-month closed-end leases offered to qualified customers by Audi Financial Services through participating dealers. Must take delivery by July 2, 2007. Required dealer contribution could affect final negotiated transaction. Lessee responsible for insurance and may have some financial liability at lease end. Lessee responsible for $0.25/mile over 10,000 miles per year and a disposition fee of $350 due at lease end. Rate based on $33,565.00 MSRP of 2007 A4 2.0T quattro with Tiptronic transmission, Premium Package, heated front seats and destination charge. Purchase option at lease end for $18,796.40. See dealer for details.
    "

Good Luck
  • fuzlbuttfuzlbutt Member Posts: 10
    My 2004 A4 Avant lease ends in 4 months. I'm thinking of buying it (great car, low miles) Can I negotiate a lower price than the $18,650 residual?

Thanks.
  • seanakseanak Member Posts: 4
    I was told by VW Credit that they don't negotiate buy-out price at end of lease. I'm coming to the end of a 2004 Jetta lease. Any tips?
    thanks!
    seana g
  • ct1211ct1211 Member Posts: 56
    Hello car man you were a huge help whe I was buying my Infiniti M35 two years ago and I am forever in your debt!! Now my wife needs a car (she is coming out of a BMW 325 and now she has to have something German!!) It looks like Audi may have the only "hot deal" leade rates at present. Can you inform me as to Audi's May money factor and Residual for the A4 2.0 and 3.2? We are looking at both 23 & 36 months 10K & 12K miles per year. Thanks for your help and take care!! Craig :)
  • miket21miket21 Member Posts: 8
    dealer quoted me this price
    2007 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro Auto
    premimum pkg and heated seats
    MSRP 33350
    selling price 31959
    36 months 10k miles
    MF .00064
    residual 56%
    418/mo with with first payment and tax up front
    i plugged in the numbers to the lease calculator and they dont add up can anyone help me get a better deal on this?
    when we couldnt get a better deal they told us to come back next month because the numbers might be different which i found kind of odd.
    thanks
    you should be able to get more $$$ off. I got over $2000 off my cab. Did you add 575 aqu fee to cap cost. that could be why your're off
  • miket21miket21 Member Posts: 8
    I addded the aqu fee but it still only comes up to a $402 payment. I still dont get how they're getting 418/mo
    If i can get the sale price lower and get the mf to the standard .00054 I should be where i want to be, but the next closest Audi dealer is 80 miles away!
    Do what i did and send an email to get a price and payment from other dealers. The car can be serviced at any audi dealer. If you get a lower price show give the present dealer another shot to match. They most likely will. in my case my closest dealer did match one further away
    add in Audi Care at $590 to $31,959 - until I did this my numbers were off. Did you get Audi care? - it raises residual bu one point I think...also the aquisition fee $575 as pointed out by another post...normally paid up front with 1st payment, taxes + doc fee/title/reg.

The MF looks marked up as you indicate as it should be .00054, although the res at 56% seems better - I know it varies around the country from Audi Finance.

But ask them to sell at invoice - all they can do is say no and it is the end of the month and it is an 07.
    The audi care should add about $5/mth to payment. I got somewhere around $2,000 off sitcker on a covertible whi0ch are much harder to get. Offer to them you'll sign by months end. They need the numbers! Patience is very important. should the net and get other prices then you can tell them I got ----.
    I have been on this site forever checking lease deals and I finally pulled the trigger yesterday on a Dolphin Gray A4 Avant. It is a Gorgeous car!

I shopped at Sonnen in Marin, Santa Barbara Audi, Rusnack-Westlake and finally bought at Keyes in Van Nuys. The sales folks at the first three were pretty good but were not super knowledgable. But my salesman, Ali (Sayed Ali), at Keyes was excellent. He showed me all the Audi secrets _ (MF, Residual, etc.), played no games and gave me a great price.

Price: My quotes at the first three dealers ranged from $500 to $800 above invoice but Ali gave me the best price by far. (I can't quote it.)

MF: .00065 (You can do better if you are an Audi/VW customer).

Residual .52 (with Audicare).

Trade in: "Fair" price from Edmunds/KBB for a Saab with 106,000.

Now is a pretty good time to buy. It is the end of the model year and the MF is quite good. It seems to me though that while MF and residual fluctuate, the overall lease rate for A4s stays pretty much the same. But again, the price is good right now.
  • 78carolian78carolian Member Posts: 9
    Edwardsf -- post a pic of your A4 Avant on Audizine.com under the "Avants" user/owners section. Would love to see a pic. I am not into the modding scene but do enjoy seeing Avants from all over the world on this site. My ID on that site is "Steiner." Check it out.
  • jaffmanjaffman Member Posts: 51
    Hi, cars0153... i have asked several dealerships for lease quotes, on an a4, auto, 12k mi/yr, premium, navi, convenience, all tax and fees rolled into monthly payments, no money down, and blue tooth, but i have only gotten 2 quotes back, each were so ridiculously hi it wasnt funny.

I was wondering if you might be able to share the quotes you got so i can go to the dealer with them.

If ANYONE has any good quotes direct from a dealer, can u please send them over to me? my email is GringoLibre@gmail.com.

since i am leasing in the long island area, quotes closer to my area would be most helpful.

thanks everyone, in advance. ;)
    if you want to get a quote from my salesman, David Hamilton at bernardi Audi in Natick, MA please go ahead and use my name Warren.
    it's har dto compare because I leased for 23,ooo/yr.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi chadraymond5. This car's lease program varies by term and mileage allowance. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 A4 2.0T Sedan with quattro with 15,000 miles peer year are .00054 and 53%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    You're very welcome, dyoungs. I'm glad to hear that everything worked out for you. Enjoy your new ride :) .

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello jbeckr. The money factor that you were quoted for this car is way too high. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of an '07 Audi A4 2.0T Sedan is .00054. Negotiate as low a selling price as you can on this car and make sure that the dealer you lease from uses this factor to calculate your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Welcome jburleig. Most banks do not make lists of the money factors and residual values that they use to calculate vehicles' lease payments available to the general public. Having said this, I should be able to give you an idea of what Audi's current lease program for the car that you want is if you tell me exactly which model you want, how long you want to lease it for, and what mileage allowance you need.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings wootang00. I am sorry to say that it is usually fairly expensive to get out of leases well before their scheduled end dates. In order to do so, you need to purchase the vehicle that you are currently leasing from the bank that you are leasing it through. It often turns out that it costs more to do so than your vehicle is worth on the open market. Furthermore, many banks expect consumers who end their leases early to still make all, or at least the depreciation portion of their remaining lease payments. As you can see, this can get very expensive.

You can determine approximately how much it will cost you to get out of your current lease by comparing its purchase price to its value on the open market at this time. You should place a call to the bank that you are leasing your vehicle through to find out its exact price. Once you know exactly how much money it is going to cost you to buy your leased vehicle you need to compare it to its current value on the open market. You can find out approximately what your vehicle is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values". Don't forget to check to see if you are still on the hook for your remaining lease payments. The difference between your leased vehicle's current value and how much it will cost you to buy it plus any remaining lease payments that you are obligated to pay will equal the cost of getting out of your lease right now. You may find that you are better off waiting until you are closer to the scheduled end of your lease to get another new vehicle.

The dealer that you are working with might say that they will absorb some of the hit that you will take from getting out of your current lease early for you, but all they really would be doing is taking some of the discount that you would have been able to negotiate on this car and using it to get you out of your lease. This will result in you getting a much worse deal on your new car than if you had waited until the end of your current one to get something new.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi edwardsf. The money factor that you were quoted to lease this car is too high. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Audi A4 2.0T Avant is .00054. The factor would be .00015 higher than this if you opt to have your car's security deposit waived. The selling price that you were quoted for this car looks pretty good though. The dealer invoice price for the model that you described is probably around $32,200. That puts the selling price that you were quoted at around $500 over invoice, which is attractive. Just get the money factor lowered and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings tizzle. It is difficult for me to say if you will be able to negotiate the same monthly payment that you currently have on the new car that you are interested in. If you provide me with the full MSRP and selling price of the new car, I can use Audi's current lease program to estimate what your monthly payment should be for you. The best way to get a good deal on your new car is to negotiate as low a selling price as you possibly can on it and then have the dealer use Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor to calculate its monthly payment. Unfortunately, banks do not provide refunds to lessees for unused mileage. So unless you can purchase your car and sell it on your own for a profit or trade it in you will not be able to monetize your unused mileage.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello wootang00. This car's lease program varies by term and mileage allowance. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Audi A4 2.0T Sedan Fronttrack with the S-Line Package are .00054 and 50%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi edogg1. The money factor that you were quoted is a little high. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate for 36 month leases of '07 A4 2.0T Sedans is .00054 with the payment of a security deposit and .000150 higher than that with the deposit waived. Make sure that the dealer you are working with uses this money factor to calculate your car's monthly payment.

Let's take a look at the selling price that you were quoted. The car that you described probably has a spread of around $3,000 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. That is the exact discount that you are being given on it, so this aspect of your deal looks very attractive to me. Overall, I'd say that this is a good deal, but it would be even better if you can get the dealer to lower the money factor.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey edogg1. Audi Financial Services' residual values for models that are equipped with the S-Link Package are 2% lower than its normal residual values. Adding Audi Care actually boosts AFS' residual values by one point.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings ledname. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 A4 2.0T Sedan with quattro and 15,000 miles per year are .00054 and 53%, respectively. This lease program is scheduled to run through June 4th.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • s1ginss1gins Member Posts: 51
    Car_man,

I am looking at an Audi A4 2.0T AWD Cabriolet lease, 36 months, mf .0018, 15K/year and 59% residual w/Audi care. Selling price is $1250 over invoice.

Are there different money factors for different A4s?
    Is this a good deal?

Thanks in advance.
  • jaffmanjaffman Member Posts: 51
    Here is a response i finally got from an audi dealer near me for a 36 month lease, 12k miles/yr, zero down all taxes and fees rolled into monthly payments (i am in an area of about 8%). It feels hi, but stupid me, i cant figure out where. can someone please point out where i should be negotiating? Its for an a4 3.2 quattro, with navi, and other options as seen in the post below. they are telling me that The MSRP is $44,815.00 and selling price is $42,961.00. The Res is 52% and the money factor is 0.00080

here is their break down of the costs on the car-

Phantom Black Pearl effect-750.00 cost 683.00---- not the normal Black Paint.......

Sport Sport Suspension 228.00 cost 250.00

Audi Navigation 2100.00 cost 1911.00

Convenience 1800.00 cost 1638.00

Audi Package 1000.00 cost 910.00

Blue Tooth prep 500.00 cost 455.00

Destination 775.00 cost 750.00

NY state Audi AA 300.00 -you do not see on the Internet

Prep and inspection 195.00-you do not see on the Internet

Audi A4 3.2 37,640.00 cost 34866.00

1st month payment-657.22

Bank fee -575.00

Plates and fees -394.00

Up front taxes -58.14

Total out of pocket - 1684.36

I am sell you the car for $42961.00 which includes the I pod cable and no charge to you. The car did have $1000.00 profit ,but when you minus the Ipod cable charge(400.00) installed the profit drops to $600.00 over my invoice.

BOTTOM LINE: do i do it or no? thank you everyone for your help, especially car-man.
  • mcwenzelmcwenzel Member Posts: 37
    Never, ever lease a car through Audi Financial Services for the following reason, something that Audi does but other car companies DO NOT do.

When you lease your car, you have a negotiated residual. If you want to trade in your leased vehicle through AFS, you simply pay the negotiated buyout price, which decreases each month of your lease until the end when it equals the residual value.

However, AFS will only sell the car at the contract price to you. So if you attempt to trade the car in to a dealer and buy a new car, they will give you a "special quote" based on "fair market value". This is much higher than the price you can buy the car for. And the quote they provide the dealer that they claim is based on fair market value actually is different based on the dealer. So the quote will be substantially lower for an Audi dealer to buy the car then for a non Audi dealer.

In other words, they will jack up the price making it impossible for you to trade in your Audi without paying significant out of pocket. This is truly a customer hostile policy. They will not negotiate. You can't buy the car and turn around and sell it to the dealer for the same price because you will incur substantial sales tax, unless you are in a no sales tax state.

So basically you can forget a lease trade in of an Audi without eating at least $1000. From what I understand, not every financing company does this, and in fact most don't.

While there is no question this is unfair and customer unfriendly, the question is whether it is even legal in all states or constitutes an unfair business practice.
    Thanks Carman, but your post was way too late to help out. Also, I believe my and your numbers are wrong. The Invoice on the car I mentioned (2.0 Avant, Bluetooth, Prem., Bose Audio, Sports Susp.) is more like $34,000. (Also, note that Edmunds incorrectly puts $432 for all metallic and pearl paint when it should be more like $685.)

As noted in my last post on the Avant that I did buy, I got a money factor - .00069 - that was much better than the .00093 that one dealer offered. I paid the .00015 extra as I did not put down a security deposit. I did get .52 on the residual (with Audicare).
    I don't understand your post. Are you referring to early termination of the lease? If so, of course you will end up paying an exorbitant fee to breach your contract. What finance company lets you out of any kind of lease and does not charge you for breaking the contract?

Also, you don't own the car. How can you trade in a car you don't own? Are you saying other finance companies allow you to breach the terms of the lease, then buy the car below its residual? Can you actually name a finance company that would engage in such a money losing policy?

Or, are you talking about buying a car after you finished with your lease? If so, of course you pay what what the residual is - you already negotiated for that price when you originally leased the car. With Audi's subvented lease rates on the A4, you pay around 2% for the 36 months lease and then can buy the car at its residual. You then can pay it off with a normal used car loan or self finance. This means you pay 2% for 3 years, then 4-6% to pay off your residual.
    1. Most posters here are getting $500 to 800 over invoice. Negotiate from invoice, not from MSRP. This is the end of the model year and they are desparate to get '07s off the lot, so start your negotiating lower.
    2. The MF should not be .00080 but instead .00054 (or .00069 if no security deposit or not a previous Audi/VW finance customer).
    3. Tell them you will not pay the local Audi advertising or inspection fees. They are simply adding to the cap cost.
    4. Go to Edmunds and find the appraisal page and plug the numbers in and go prepared back to the dealer.
    Hi ledname. Through June 4th, Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 A4 2.0T Sedan with quattro and 15,000 miles per year are .00054 and 53%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello ravinpat. Audi does offer loyalty cash on select vehicles from time to time, but I am not aware of any loyalty cash that is currently available on the A4. I don't believe that Audi is running an early lease termination program on this model either. As a result, it would likely be very expensive for you to get out of your current lease at this point. Unless Audi runs an early termination program, the earliest that you would be able to get out of your current lease is March '08, unless it is worth more as a trade than its current market value...which is unlikely.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi edwardsf. Through June 4th, Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 A4 2.0T Avant with 15,000 miles per year are .00054 and 51%, respectively. This car's 12,000 mile per year residual value would be 2% higher than this and its 10,000 mile per year resid would be 3% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
This discussion has been closed.