Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi Brett. It is actually not a good idea to make a large down payment when leasing. I always advise consumers against doing so. Those who make them risk losing part or all of them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Consumers can and should lease any vehicle that they are interested in without making any sort of capitalized cost reduction. You are correct upon a down payment's impact upon your vehicle's end of term purchase price. Down payments on leases have no impact upon your vehicle's lease-end purchase price. The price that you will have to pay to purchase your A4 at the end of your lease will be exactly the same, regardless of whether you make a $10,000 down payment or put nothing down.

Changing your vehicle's mileage allowance alters its residual values and in turn its monthly payment. The lease that you provided a link to allows 10,000 miles per year. If you need to go with 12,000 miles per year, it will lower this car's residual value by 1% and raise its monthly payment slightly.

I believe that the 2008 A4 is available now.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • ursusursus Member Posts: 128
    Car_Man, what is the current MF/Residual/Dealer cash on A4 3.2 Avant for 24/36 month with 10/12K miles?
    Thanks.
  • roadking1roadking1 Member Posts: 10
    Car Man I will try again

2007 S4 Avant Tip
    10K miles
    54K MSRP
    Minimums down
    36 month lease

Need residual, money factor and proposed good deal. Thanks. In AZ
    Hi Bill. This car's lease payment will depend upon the selling price that you are able to negotiate on it. For now I will assume that you will be able to negotiate a $3,000 discount. Let me know if this is not in line with the prices that you have been quoted. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2007 Audi S4 Avant that has an MSRP of $54,000 and a selling price of $51,000 through Audi Financial Services right now for 36 months with 10,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $788.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi gnosis8. It is often not as easy to find someone to assume a lease as one would think. I would see if you can get this person to allow you to assume their deal without giving them the $2,500. If you can pull this off, you would be getting a very good deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the info that you're looking for, ursus. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 Audi A4 3.2 Avant with 12,000 miles per year are .00030 and 58%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00030 and 50%. If you were to lease with only 10,000 miles per year, this car's residual values would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Roadking1, through September 4th Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Audi S4 Avant with 10,000 miles per year are .00225 and 54%, respectively. Please look back two posts for the sample lease payment that I worked up on this model.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you Car_man. I've decided to go for 2.0T Avant, but can't find any 2007 that I need.
    What are the MF and residual on 2008 A4 2.0T Avant with 10K/12K on 24/36 month lease? The dealer I went to at first gave me $1,000 over invoice, MF 0.00134 and residual 56% on 36 month/12K miles. But then quickly dropped to sale price at invoice and MF 0.0009.

Thanks.
    I take that back about MF 0.0009 - my mistake :blush:

2008 A4 2.0T Avant
    MSRP: $38,215
    Invoice: $36,039
    36 month/12K
    $519/month incuding tax.
  • josh46josh46 Member Posts: 13
    ursus,

For 12K/36mo, the 2008 A4 2.0 Avant the current MF = .00138 and residual of 56%.

If accurate, 519/mo including tax is a super deal. Who and where is your dealer/lease broker?

josh46
  • rallyfanrallyfan Member Posts: 36
    THANKS FOR ALL OF THE NEW INFORMATION IT HAS BEEN VERY HELPFUL RALLYFAN
  • kmouradiankmouradian Member Posts: 36
    Car_Man,

What is the current MF and residual on this vehicle for a 36month lease at 15k/yr. Any other incentives for the state of Florida? Thanks.
    josh46,

It's HBL Audi in Vienna, VA. I calculated payments on the numbers I got from the dealer, but they did not have color/options I really wanted. Numbers I posted earlier were a bit off since I could not remember, here is the break down:

MSRP: $38,650
    Invoice: $36,104
    Cap cost reduction: $0
    MF: .00138
    Residual: 56%
    $481 or $515(incl tax)
  • kmouradiankmouradian Member Posts: 36
    Failed to mention that the 2.0T would be the quattro with tiptronic. Also, would you be so kind as to list the numbers for the 3.2 Quattro convertible as well? Thanks!
  • schweikbschweikb Member Posts: 111
    I have a deal to purchase a 2008 A4 per the following:
    2008 A4 2.0T Tiptronic, Premium pkg., metallic paint, Convenience pkg., heated front seats, dark walnut wood
    MSRP: $37,350 + $500 for Audi Care maintenance program
    Invoice $34,682
    Sell: $36,750 including $500 for Audi Care maintenance program

Can you give me an idea what a lease payment target would be for:
    - 36 months
    - 15,000 miles/yr
    - “0” down payment
    - 8.375% sales tax in lease
    - $575 bank fee & $360 document fee paid at closing along with first month lease payment
    - Audi care mentioned above in, this is my second Audi so they will waive security deposit
    - I have not discussed lease with dealer – can you supply MF and residual?

Thanks – appreciate it
  • sarontsaront Member Posts: 4
    Hi. I got a price quote for Audi A4 2008 2.0T Quattro with a lot of options that makes it $39550 MSRP. I would like to know if these prices makes sense and is a good deal to lease. The numbers I gather from a dealer are as follows: GRS Cap of $37425 with residual value of 57% and cap reduction of $1406 and money factor of .00148 and acquisition fee of $595 +$45 for some kind of document fee. And finally net cap cost of $36018 giving me of $460/month payment for 36month with 15K.

I did my homework a little about understanding all this numbers, but my question is that the invoice price of this car is little over $37000. So am I getting a good deal? When I looked at this numbers my discount rate is about 5.5% from the MSRP looking at the GRS Cop cost. Am I supposed to look at my savings from the invoice price? Little confused on how to determine good pricing or I should say good deal.

I hope I am making any sense and if you have any feedback would be appreciated.
  • audi2008audi2008 Member Posts: 1
    Please tell me your thoughts on this deal or where I should neogotiate more! Thank you!

2008 Audi A4 2.0T, Premium Package- Leather, 17"
    Sports Suspension, Manual 6 speed
    $379/month plus tax; 36 month lease- 12k miles/year
    about $2400 due at signing for tag/tax/title, dealer fees, bank fees, first months payment; if i recall, the dealer fees and bank fee are close to $1000
    They claim residual of 58% and .00138 lease factor.
    Sticker price of $30,775.

The bank fees and dealer fees seem high to me? Do you think there is room to push them down on that and the monthly payment? What do you recommend...
  • redsoxroxredsoxrox Member Posts: 1
    I just made a deal for a 2007, so this may not be much help. For what's it worth, here is what I just got:

2007 Audi A4 2.0T - Black
    Auto (CVT)
    Premium Package (Beige Leather, 17", sunroof)
    Wood Trim (dark)
    Blue Tooth

36 mo.; 12k mi/yr
    $380/month (tax included)
    $1585 total down

Numbers I was given were (which work if you plug into a lease spreadsheet using my 6.5% tax rate):

$32,115 MSRP
    $29,400 cost
    MF: .00027
    Residual: 53%

I hope this helps anyone trying to get a good deal on remaining '07s.
  • samaudisamaudi Member Posts: 10
    Hi,
    I'm 16 and have an Audi A4 that I love. It;s currently leased and I was wondering If u should buy it off the lease (How would I find out how much it would cost), or buy another car (probably used). It is a 2005 and only has 16,000 miles...Will it give me problems?

I know it;s very safe and get's pretty good gas mileage and I really love driving it..

Any answers please!
  • steve_nycsteve_nyc Member Posts: 6
    Car_man or whoever knows,

Could you please help me with the September MFs and Residuals for a 2007 Audi A4 2.0 CVT and Quattro for 36 months/12k miles per year. Hopefully someone can help me as soon as they come out as I need to make a fast decision in the first week of September.

Thanks a lot
  • josh46josh46 Member Posts: 13
    You may have to order the car to get your options -- 6-8 weeks.

Numbers for 2008 A4 Avant 2.0 - 12mo/36K as of 9/5/07:

MF: .00128 = 3.07%
    Residual 56%

If you are currently in an Audi and going into any 2008 A4, an Audi loyalty rebate as of 9/5/07 will lower your cost.
  • jaffmanjaffman Member Posts: 51
    Car Man, or anyone else out there, have the numbers for an 3.2 A4 quattro 2008, 36 mo, 12k mi yr, navi, automatic, iPod, bluetooth, convenience pkg, 8.25% tax, zero down (or as little as possible), everything rolled into monthly? Thank you.
  • rjlaerorjlaero Member Posts: 659
    Leasing a leftover 07 S4 will not be good. You need to get an 08 model. You'd probably be over 800/mo on an S4 lease. banks kill residuals at year end. especially on the high end V8 cars
    I found out that the September lease rates for Audi A4 are real bad so could someone please help me with the September money factors and residual values for an Audi A4 2.0 CVT and quattro for 36 months/12k miles in New York.
  • spetz1spetz1 Member Posts: 3
    Hey Carman or anybody willing to help,
    Im looking for a good dealership in New York City. My closest dealership quoted me for a 36month lease for the 2008 2008 Avant 2.0T + navagation, $520/month, lease end value $22728.75 (57%residual), money factor is .00128, upfront fees $3500 +taxes and no money down. I think this lease is a lot more then I expected. How can I tell them that I want a car only at a few hundred $ above invoice.What would be a good lease price I would be going for. Thanks for your help
    Today I drove off with my new 2007 Audi A4 2.0 CVT in NYC... finally after a month-long research. Real happy with my new ride, although it's a little slow now during the first break-in 1000 miles, but I'm sure it'll get better after those 1000 miles.

Agreed Upon Value: $30,681
    Total due at signing: $2711.75 (taxes and fees)
    Residual Value: 54%
    Money Factor: 0.00012
    36 months/10,000 miles

Monthly Payment: $374.80

I know the agreed upon price might have been brought down more, but they showed me in their system that the invoice price is $30,481. I was able to negotiate $200 off their price to bring it down to $30,681 or $200 above invoice. Online apparently, the invoice is a lot lower...below $30k. Anyway, I couldn't fight anymore since it was the last car in the lot and I couldn't find another Audi anywhere near NY. I'm happy with my purchase even though I might have been able to bring it down a little more.

Thank you to everyone, especially the hosts, in this and other forums, with all the important information that they have been able to provide to us. Thanks again!!!
  • spetz1spetz1 Member Posts: 3
    Which dealership was this, Audi of Manhattan?
    Anchor Audi in Long Island. It's my first experience but it's pretty decent. I had some minor difficulties due to a new job but they worked around it and helped me out to get into my lease...the only thing is that they were kind of slow with it. Other than that, pretty good.
  • sfpicurnsfpicurn Member Posts: 1
    Hi, so I have an odd question and I hope you can help. I have made very stupid financial decisions in the past and am trying to fix this. In March I bought a 2004 Touareg and financed it for six years (sooo dumb) with high miles. After a ton of research I have one option that may be a way out of a bad deal but am not making any decisions without a little guidance and this forum seems like the place to go.

A4 2.0T Quattro
    Trade In Negative Equity: $11,000
    FInal Price of A4: $32,488 (premium package)
    Maintenance Program: $500
    RV: $17980
    Money Factor: 0.003
    Lease Term: 42 months
    Cap Cost: $44,488 (rolling in the negative equity)
    Down Payment: $3000

My commute is increasing so a smaller car would save big on gas but I'm just not sure and wonder if I should stay in the loan and wait it out.

Thank you for listening to my embarassing story!
  • jaffmanjaffman Member Posts: 51
    Audi A4 2.0t, 12k miles yr, 36 mo., navi, iPod, premium, convenience, quattro, automatic, with taxes of 8.625, all payments rolled into lease, except security of 500, monthly lease price of 650.

Please let me know everyone. Thank you.
  • ngsngs Member Posts: 2
    I am getting the 2008 audi a4 cvt with the S line package, convenience package, and the ipod interface with total MSRP
    of $37175..
    Dealer invoice is $35101.85

Dealer took off of about $1500 off of MSrp
    and gave me No drive off/no down
    with $580 a month tax included.
    residual is 58%
    and the money factor is 3.432 ApR going under
    Audi financial services.
    Is this a good price? please help
    this is my first car purchase and I"m confused.
  • pmadrugapmadruga Member Posts: 4
    Please let me know your thoughts:

2008 Audi A4 2.0T Manual
    Premium Package
    Ipod Connection
    Brilliant Black / Black Interior
    MSRP: $30,775
    Invoice: $28,655
    Agreed-upon Price: $28,275
    Inception Fees: $974 ($575 ac fee & $399 doc fee)
    Adjusted Cap Cost: $29,249
    27 month lease
    15K miles/year
    MF: 0.00143
    Residual: $19,081 (62%)
    Total Drive Off Check: $488 + tax (first month + $42 tag and title)
    Monthly Payment: $446 + tax
  • artcricketartcricket Member Posts: 4
    Dealer is quoting me on a 2008 Audi Quatro 2.0T:
    24 months at 68% residual
    36 months at 60% residual
    .00188 money factor.
    I am in the Sacramento/Bay area/CA part of the world.
    Car would be $500 over invoice but they have tacked on:
    destination charge of $775
    Sacramento Audi DAA of $189.25
    prep and inspection of $195
    protection package of $105
    They are also offering $750 audi loyalty credit towards cap cost of car but want to tax that to the tune of $61.00.
    What is happening here? Is there more info you need?
    Thank you so MUCH!
    Thanks,
    Cricket
  • smogilsmogil Member Posts: 40
    So the lease on my '04 A4 is up soon. However, my new car is taking longer than expected to arrive, so if I give it back at on time I'll be car-less!

I called Audi and they said I can work out an extension on a month-by-month basis with the dealership. But I'll probably only need 2 weeks. So then I asked: what happens if I just return it late? The response was that I'd be charged a late charge, calculated as the pro-rated lease payment for the number of days it was late. I should 'notify' the dealership that it will be late.

Does anyone know if this is correct? If so, what's the incentive of officially extending a lease, when you can continue to keep it at the same rate on a per-day basis?
  • chiquitachiquita Member Posts: 18
    Hi CarMan , you helped me so much 24 months ago, now i need the gracious help again.
    I need to lease again but need to know the "buy rate" MF and residuals again before going in. They will give me a higher MF if i do not know the current buy rates.
    The Avants are in short supply, but thats my preference. Thats why i requested both Avant and Sedan numbers- so to fall back on something.
    I want to lease a NEW 2008.
    I need to know for Quattro 2.0 T or 3.2's. (Avant, or sedan).
    I prefer 12 K lease
    24 month or 36 month.
    THANK YOU SOOOOOOOO much.
  • socolofisocolofi Member Posts: 1
    My current lease (a Saab) is up mid-November. I've been making the rounds, and found an attractive A4, but I'm not sure if it makes sense to lease now (and thus pay for 2 cars for 1.5 months... i.e. drop about $600) or wait.

Current offer:
    MSRP: $34,550
    Negotited price: $32,740
    Cash out-of-pocket: $1746.15 (the usual fees)
    $411 + tax

Unsure on MF / APR... sales guy quoted it at being ~3.4 and quite good, but clearly he's trying to move the car. ;)

I know people can't predict the future, but best estimates on what is likely to happen in Oct / Nov (i.e. are lease rates competitive to move new 08s? do they go up 'cuz people are buying?)
  • artcricketartcricket Member Posts: 4
    Just drove off with a 2.0T at .0128 tonight - another dealer offered .0188. residual on 3 yr./12k miles was 60% - 59% if you don't spring for the audi maintenance pgm
  • rallyfanrallyfan Member Posts: 36
    TRY LEASING A 07 THEY ARE GIVING 5K OFF SO MAYBE THAT CAN SPLIT THE DIFFERENCE ON YOUR CAR . OR BUY A USED CORROLA OR CIVIC TO COMMUTE IN WHY RUIN TWO EXPENSIVE CARS I USED TO DRIVE 130 MILES ROUND TRIP NOTHING BEATS A USED CIVIC GOOD LUCK
  • eljefe2eljefe2 Member Posts: 2
    Here was my offer. What do you guys think?

2008 Audi A4
    Model # 8EC5EH 4dr Sdn CVT 2.0T FrontTrak
    PX - PREMIUM PKG -inc: leather seating surfaces, 17" x 7.5" 5-spoke cast alloy wheels, P235/45HR17 all-season tires
    PT1 - BLUETOOTH PHONE PREP
    36 month lease – 12,000 miles per year
    $ 2,122.00--> Total Amount due at Signing of Lease
    - 750.00 – Audi Loyalty Bonus
    = $1,372.00 – Total Amount due at signing of lease.
    35 monthly payments of $404.24

$ 32,800.00 --> Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price - 1,887.00 --> Discount
    = $ 30,913.00 --> Capitalized Cost
    - 713.96 --> capitalized cost reduction
    = $ 30,199.04 --> Total Net Capitalized Cost
    $ 19,024.00 --> Residual value at end of month
    .00128 --> Money factor
  • chiquitachiquita Member Posts: 18
    Hi., im just checking in to see any info yet for message # 1562 above.. thank you so much.
    You're very welcome, rallyfan.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi kmouradian. Through October 1st, Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 A4 2.0T Convertible without quattro with 15,000 miles per year are .00316 and 54%, respectively. I believe that Audi is currently providing $3,000 dealer cash on leftover 2007 A4 models. Make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating the capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Ahhh, so you wanted the numbers for the 2.0T quattro version. The money factor for it would be exactly the same, but the residual value would be 55%. The money factor would also be the same for the A4 3.2 Convertible, but its 36 month, 15k residual is 53%.

Car_man
    Host
    I would be happy to work up a sample lease payment on this car for you, schweikb. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2008 Audi A4 2.0T Sedan without quattro with Audi Care that has an MSRP of $37,350 and a selling price of $37,250 through Audi Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $519. I used a money factor of .00128 and a residual value of 57% to calculate this payment. You really aren't being given much of a discount on this car. If I was given this quote, I personally would shop around some more to see if I could beat it.

Car_man
    Host
    Congratulations on getting your new A4, redsoxrox. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. Make sure to stop by the new Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with others. Thanks again and enjoy your new ride :) .

Car_man
    Host
    Hi samaudi. Your vehicles' lease-end purchase option price was determined when your vehicle was originally leased. You can look up what it is by checking out your car's original lease contract. You also, can find out what its purchase price is by placing a call to Audi Financial Services, or whichever bank it is being leased through. When you place a call to the bank, it doesn't hurt to see if they would be willing to negotiate your car's price. More often then not banks will not negotiate the purchase prices of leased vehicles, but there is a chance that they will so it doesn't hurt to ask.

If you really like this car and what to buy it, you need to decide if its purchase option price is a good deal by comparing it to what it would cost to purchase a similar vehicle on the open market right now. You can find out approximately what this car is really worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values". If its purchase price is less than or equivalent to what it would cost to purchase a similar used car right now, you may want to consider buying it.

Car_man
    Host
  • sarontsaront Member Posts: 4
    any help with my posting? i appreciate it.
  • garrickgarrick Member Posts: 30
    Getting ready to turn in 05 leased A4 avant and have a scrape on the left rear wheel well and multiple scratches on the rear bumper. Any guidance on what level of repair would be needed on turn in?
  • iam1080iam1080 Member Posts: 2
    Hey Guys. I'm just about to turn in my 2006 A4 24mos lease. I'm hoping to basically get the same car as an '08 but the lease rates are NOWHERE near what I'm paying now. Current lease was A4 20.T CVT/ S-Line / Conv / Nav / Heated Seats / etc.. Gross Cap cost was 36823.10 and total cost I've payed was 12228.46 Basically, I put $1348 down and payed 456.54 per month with 15k mileage per year.

Now, new car is 08' A4 2.0 CVT / Dolphin Grey / S-Line / Nav / iPod / Conv. MSRP is 37,925 with Neg Price of 36,577. I being offered .00128 and 59% for 15k / 24mos. These payments are much much higher.. Is this right??
    Hi saront. I always look at vehicles' selling prices relative to their invoice prices when trying to determine if an offer is a good deal. The car that you described probably has a spread of around $2,800 or so between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. The $2,125 discount that you were quoted on this car looks very reasonable to me. Just make sure that the dealer you are working with uses Audi Financial Services' current 36 month, 15,000 mile per year buy rate lease money factor and residual value of .00128 and 57%, respectively and you're all set.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.