Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi garrick. Audi Financial Services has an excellent guide on its web site that provides a detailed description of exactly what it considers to be excess wear and tear. It even has pictures :). I think that it will give you a very good idea about what repairs, if any, you will have to make on your car before you turn it back in.

Audi Financial Services Excess Wear and Tear Policy

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • artcricketartcricket Member Posts: 4
    I just went thru the same thing. The residual on the 2006 A4 24 month leases was 78%, bringing the payment way down. If you opt for Audi care on your 2008, they should bump the residual on your new A4, on a 36 month lease, 1% or to 60%. Audi now only offers the comp service at 5,000 miles; you're on your own thereafter unless you but the Audi Care for $590. I rolled the Audicare into my lease payment but I think you have 12 months to purchase. The .00128 is the promo lease rate - I shopped that around. Hope this helps.
  • sarontsaront Member Posts: 4
    Thank You So Much!!!!
  • gdspshinggdspshing Member Posts: 2
    this is my first time to lease a car,or even buy a car
    the dealer offer me a so-called specal, great offer for students like me. i don't really have those great details But, please help and see is this a good deal or not.

2008 A4 quatro 2.0 with premium package with heated front seat ($34375.00)
    $3521 down payment
    $402 x 36/mo with 10k miles
    include tax

or

3000 down payment
    434 X 36/mo with 10k miles
    include tax
  • philip385philip385 Member Posts: 1
    I am planning to lease a 2008 Audi A4 Avant. Due to the relatively limited availability of this model I plan to order it rather than purchase from dealer inventory. I have two questions for anyone. 1) How might I expect ordering the car from the factory vs. buying from inventory to impact my ability to negotiate a favorable selling price? 2) The lease terms will be based on the MF and residual at the time of delivery, not at the time the order is placed, so if the car is going to be delivered several weeks or months in the future does this leave me exposed to dramatic changes in lease rates? I was told that if the numbers do change it is likely they will change in my favor as the year progresses. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
  • ace51ace51 Member Posts: 20
    thanks carman!
  • gdspshinggdspshing Member Posts: 2
    please help !thanks.
  • a4guya4guy Member Posts: 5
    OK I've been playing the leasing games, using up tons of minutes on my cell phone, but here is what I have gotten so far in NJ...I'm all ears.

2008 AUDI A4 2.0T FSI QUATTRO – AUTOMATIC
    METALLIC COLOR OF YOUR CHOICE (I HAVE QUARTZ GRAY, LIGHT SILVER AVAILABLE)
    LIGHT GRAY OR BLACK OF YOUR CHOICE
    OPTIONS:

PREMIUM PACKAGE
    HEATED FRONT SEATS
    MSRP $34850
    SELLING PRICE $33061
    12,000 MILES A YEAR, 36 MONTH LEASE

$1500 MONTH DUE @ SIGNING, (FIRST MONTH, BANK FEE, MV FEE, DOC FEE)

MONTHLY PAYMENT $421.85 TAX INCLUDED

QUARTZ GRAY + LIGHT SILVER
    BLACK INTERIOR
    OPTIONS:
    PREMIUM PACKAGE
    HEATED FRONT SEATS
    PREMIUM AUDIO – SIRIUS RADIO
    MSRP $35850

MONTHLY PAYMENT $435.89 TAX INCLUDED

DEEP SEA BLUE METALLIC
    BEIGE INTERIOR OR LIGHT GRAY INTERIOR
    OPTIONS:

PREMIUM PACKAGE
    HEATED FRONT SEATS
    WOOD TRIM
    MSRP $35250
    SELLING PRICE $33434

MONTHLY PAYMENT $427.75 TAX INCLUDED

FOR THE AUDI CARE, PLEASE ADD $8 TO THE MONTHLY PAYMENT

any thoughts?
    Can I do better?
    Some dealers are saying that there is a special if you act before October 10th (today) as part of a fast track special? Anyone else hear about this?
  • backhair98backhair98 Member Posts: 1
    I know little if anything about leasing but I saw this when looking for a new A4 to purchase. I drive about 15,000 miles a year. Is this a good deal? I haven't been to this dealership and I was wondering if I should look into leasing a car that has more options?

Now lease a brand new 2007 A4 2.0 liter Quattro sedan for 24 months with 15,000 miles per year for only $359.31* per month with only $1999* due at signing. Call Joe TOLL FREE @ 888-xxx-xxxx today. *$1999 at singning includes $575 acquisition fee, $1065 down payment, and 1st month payment Taxes, dealer fees, registration and title are extra. **MSRP of $33510 includes automatic transmission, premium package, heated front seats, emissions, and destination.
  • disney2disney2 Member Posts: 25
    Oct money factor and residual for 2008 A4 in New Jersey please? Thanks.
  • mostro750mostro750 Member Posts: 9
    i will be leasing a 2008 A4 quattro 2.0T 6MT
    car has convenience, premium, heated seats, ipod, bluetooth.

MSRP is $36,400 and the selling price offered is $34,980

the lease money factor is 0.0014 and the residual is 60%.

so with $575 acquisition fee and $500 security deposit. plus license, and doc fee ($50)
    i am looking at $444.25 before taxes for 36 months and 10,000 miles per year.

i though i remember seeing money factors of 0.00128 on this forum?

all told does this look like a good deal?
  • urbanaudiurbanaudi Member Posts: 8
    Good day, thanks for bringing this up because i was confused as well. What is the buy rate MF for October? Can anyone help?
    You were quoted 0.0014, and that is what i also heard from a local Audi dealership... although i have repeatedly seen 0.00128 on this forum.
    Is the dealer trying to tack on extra for added profit? Or did Audi Financial change the rates?
    I know it depends on history and credit-- but assuming we have perfect credit- what is the current buy rate MF ?

Could anyone help us as to current lease MF and residuals for Audi A4 quattro 2.0T
    I was looking for 12K miles 36 months.
    thank you thank you
  • neoreaperneoreaper Member Posts: 1
    hi guys, i'm currently looking for a lease on a 2008 audi a4 2.0t quattro auto in dolphin grey with platinum grey interior, premium package, convenience package, heated front seats, bluetooth, and audi care package. i was quoted 459 a month with tax rolled in on a 36 month lease and 10k miles. this is with 0 down, all thats due at signing is first month and the usual bank fee, doc fee stuff. this sounds like a good deal to me but my current lease is not up yet and i was told to get this deal i must take delivery by end of the month and my lease doesnt end until next month. is this a deal too good to let go or should i really just wait?
  • noahsdadnoahsdad Member Posts: 31
    Help. I have a few questions regarding what makes the most monetary sense.

2007 A4 3.2 loaded with convien/nav/bluetooth/multifunction wheel/leather premium for 6k off sticker approx 3k under invoice

or

2008 at 2200 under sticker.

I want to lease.

I realize there is a program for 2.0 2008's

What are the MF and residuals for 2007 3.2, 2008 3.2 and 2008 2.0 for a 36m/36k lease
    Hi Hosts! i know you must be very busy but just hoping you will see this soon , thank you!
    I was needing current money factor and residuals from Audi Financial on current (quattro) A4 2.0 T leases for 12K miles and either 24 or 36 month lease .
    Do the numbers differ if you decide on an Avant rather than the sedan??
    thank you so much for all the hard work and help!!
  • joshmspjoshmsp Member Posts: 1
    I decided to get the 3.2l engine in a new A4. The residual quoted for the 2.0T was 57% but it fell to 53% for the 3.2. Does this sound right? The MF is .00146 for the 3.2 which is better than .00166 for the 2.0T but not as low as the .00128 which I have seen discussed here. Should I be satisfied with the MF offered? The salesman claims that these values come direct from LeaseLink and that he did not alter them. Is this true or can the dealer look for extra profit by adjusting the residual and MF?

Details of my quote which is from a dealer in the Twin Cities.

2008 A4 Quattro 3.2, black int, black ext
    Options: PPX-convenience pkg, PT1-bluetooth
    MSRP = $41,375
    Selling price = $39,900
    36 months, 15k miles/yr.
    Residual $ = $21,995
    Residual % = 53%
    MF = .00146
  • noahsdadnoahsdad Member Posts: 31
    from 3 dealers near me in DC, the MF for the 2.0 is .00128. The MF for the 3.2 is higher. The residual for 36 months 10k miles is 60% for the 2.0. I will not accept lower. Some dealers are also very aggressive on the sale price of the 2008. You can do better.
  • scottinkyscottinky Member Posts: 194
    looking to lease a CPO 04 A4 Quattro. WE are adding some neg equity to this deal.
    Here it is:

Car is $26K
    $2500 down
    neg equity is $11,500
    trade $4600
    residual $10,340
    money factor .00060 through Audi
    48months at $499 all taxes

we are trading a 1995 C220 with 64K. Not sure if I want to pull the trigger
    on this, but I dont like having 2 expensive cars out of warranty. Oh, the A4
    has 6/100K warranty and 25K left of Audi care maintenance.
  • tstuarttstuart Member Posts: 1
    Hi - I just leased the same model with the same down payment and I'm leasing for $400.00 a month we started at $427.00 - this is my third A4 - but this one has bluetooth/GPS/Ipod - picking up the car tomorrow - can't wait. I love this car!

:blush:
  • kiriath39kiriath39 Member Posts: 4
    Hello tstuart,

Could you verify exactly what all your options are on the car you just got for $400? When you say the same down payment....that must mean $0 then, right?
    What is the MSRP of your car?

Thanks!
    Hi- thank you hosts for such a great job!
    I REALLY need to know the November numbers (biting nails)... for the Audi A4 2.0T quattro for 12K, 24 and 36 mo leases.
    A dealer mentioned they 'might' stay the same as October?? did they change?
    is it still a money factor of 0.00128 ?(buy rate),.. "marked up" rate at 0.00143 ?
    and residuals of 67% and 59% respectively?
    For the AVANT version a decrease of 3 points on each residual?
    thank you
  • jr_ncjr_nc Member Posts: 4
    08 A4 avant quattro cold/conv/s-line/titanium/ipod Dealer MSRP was in the 38ish range with a selling price of 37 (going from memory here-sorry). Didn't see the MF but the residual was 53%. Numbers for 3yr/36K miles with first payment down was approx 660mo.

Some help. Is this in line with current rates etc. Oh, this is in NC. Thanks!!!
    hi jr-nc,
    that looks too high to me but i am no expert, just from what i have seen here so far.
    i beleive in the 400's per month is more like it
    from what i have seen-- the November MF rates may have dropped lower than they were before! I have to ask the dealer to be sure but they said it might have dropped from October rates, making it lower monthly payments than before.
  • jr_ncjr_nc Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the reply urbanaudi. It seems really high to me too. They claim its the state, and that other areas may have more incentives or a bigger market, hence lower rates. It seems, though, that everywhere else I look (other states) they are all in the 400's or at most, very low 500's. Is NC that bad right now?

If anyone else has some info, please let me know. Thanks again!!!! JR
  • roverhaterroverhater Member Posts: 10
    I have had two seperate Audi dealers tell me that adding the S-Line package automatically lowers the residual 2%. I was just given around 50% for 17,500 miles a year.
  • fatboy8fatboy8 Member Posts: 4
    Riverside Audi in New jersey.
    Be careful they quote you one deal over the phone, you go there and they switch it on you.
  • windigo00windigo00 Member Posts: 4
    2008 A4 2.0/quattro/tip/premium/heated seats/black
    58% res
    .00093 mf
    ~$32,800 selling price
    $34,375 MSRP
    $425/Mo "0" down other than (+tax+DMV+sec deposit) AFS waived doc and acquisition fee)
    12k yr // 36mo
  • rodistrodist Member Posts: 36
    Audi is advertising a lease deal through 1/2/2008

2008 A4 Quatro
    MSRP $34,375
    Residual after 36 months 12K = 19938

With $1,999.00 Down they come up with a payment of 369.00 / month

WHAT IS THE
    1) Money Factor on this deal?
    2) Residuals for 12,000 / 36

Thank you for your help
  • pastafazulpastafazul Member Posts: 1
    hi,
    I'm new to the forums and have an urgent question about a new lease. Can anyone tell me the MF and Residuals for an '08 avant 2.0 with 12,000 miles per year and a term of 24, 36, 39 months? I live in NY if that matters.
    thank you in advance,
    matthew
  • djsfdjsf Member Posts: 3
    Looking at a 2008 Audi A4 2.0 Quattro with the following specs:
    Automatic
    Nav w/ipod
    Bose pkg
    leather int
    premium
    convenience
    bluetooth
    heated front seats
    MSRP is 38775. We're looking at a 36 mos lease with 3k down. We've been shopping a lot of dealers and they are all coming around $440-490 a month. I don't want to leave money on the table but I feel like there is more room to negotiate. Anyone seen a deal similar or better?
    where are you located?
  • djsfdjsf Member Posts: 3
    Northern California
    I got what I think looks to be an aggressive quote in the northeast (I posted the details a few messages before yours) with no $ down...car isn't as well equipped as yours obviously
  • niclaf77niclaf77 Member Posts: 40
    carman:
    i am considering leasing another 2008 audi a4 quattro - automatic with leather - not sure about other options. i am due to turn in my audi a4 by mid december. i am also considering a bmw x3, and a mercedes c300.

i am looking for number for both the 2.0 and 3.2 quattro models.
    - i live in NJ
    - looking to lease for anywhere from 36-42 months
    - 12,000 miles per year
    - what would be december residuals on these cars and money factors?
    - what fees should i expect to pay upfront on these cars and are any of them negotiable?
    - what should i strive for over invoice on these cars?
    - also, any incentives i should be aware of for december?
    - as a current audi lessee - what fees would they waive for me and what type of loyalty should i make sure that i get?

thanks!
  • carteachcarteach Member Posts: 179
    Can someone send me to a thread that explains how to negotiate a lease?

How do you figure out whether your payments are fair since you're turning the car in at the end of a proscribed period?

What should expect the difference to be in 24 mos. lease vs. a 36?

I feel totally stupid about this. :blush:
  • cars0153cars0153 Member Posts: 45
    First get yout best purchase price
    2) Figure out your annual milege and sign a lease with that milege. Don't let them talk you into a low milege lease. It's cheaper to pay for a lease paying the milege upfront.
    cap. cost =purchase price. Ask them what this is plus the resudual(value at end of lease) and the money factor(interest rate).
    shorter the term generally the more expensive the payment. Feel free to ask questions. I used to be in the business and run a leasing company
  • cars0153cars0153 Member Posts: 45
    You should be getting a much better purchase price
  • bestdeal4bestdeal4 Member Posts: 8
    I got a 2008 a4 2t q with auto,prem, heat seat, prem paint, and blue tooth.MSRP about 35,250 they have a $2000 cash to dealer if you are turning a 2006 A4. Total at signing was 400 plus DMV with 400 per month for 36 months with 10,000 per year. Cap cost was abut 31,200.

This and other board were very helpful.

:)
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    There are all sorts of articles on leasing, here on Edmunds...

Enjoy!

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• rallyfanrallyfan Member Posts: 36
    I just got back from a So. Cal. Audi dealer. The offer was 800 for fees 33075 msrp sale price 31083 Res. 18522 mf .00102 something like 2% 399 a month plus tax Very easy to deal with quick and sincere. What do you guys think? ps it had the prem. package, sport package, prem. color.
  • uthumveeuthumvee Member Posts: 28
    Also looking to see if the current Audi lease special is a decent deal or not?

Thanks..
  • wilt1wilt1 Member Posts: 13
    Does anyone know if V/W, Audi charges all cutomers a $350.00 disposition fee at lease end or is this just another add on for dealer profit.
  • ilrndudeilrndude Member Posts: 14
    It appears to be an Audi/VW lease thing. I was charged it. I checked around and found it to be the case at other Audi dealerships as well.
  • bniquettebniquette Member Posts: 3
    I'm looking for Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual %for 36 month 12,000/yr for 2008 A4 2.0T Quattro (both avant and sedan). If there is currently a MF premium rate for waiver of the sec deposit that would be great to know as well. (In case there are regional programs in place I'm in Vermont)

Thanks for your help.
  • rudek25rudek25 Member Posts: 1
    I am turning in my 2006 A4 in two weeks and thinking about 2008 A4 manual,quattro, premium, heated seats,Ipod integration, metallic paint. MSRP around; $35k. What kind of selling price can I count on? Interested in 24month;15k/year closed end lease with $0 down(sign and drive). Any incentives for current Audi customers? Also I will have a surcharge about $900 for a small body damage and miles overlimit. Can they waive this fee if I decide to stay with Audi? Does the loyality incentive applies to VW too? Maybe I should consider Passat?
    What's the current money factor for 2008 A4 manual quattro sedan and avant with 15k/year and 24 month lease?
    Thanks for help.
    Hi windigo00. The dealer invoice price of the car that you are interested in should be around $32,025. This puts the selling price that you were quoted at right around $775 over invoice. This is a pretty good deal, but it wouldn't hurt to stop by the "Audi A4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars lately. The money factor that you were quoted is right in line with Audi Financial Services' buy rate for this model. Overall, I would say that this is a pretty good deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi rodist. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 A4 2.0T Sedan with quattro and 12,000 miles per year are .00093 and 57%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello niclaf77. Through January 2nd, Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Audi A4 2.0T Sedan with quattro and 12,000 miles per year are .00093 and 57%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2008 Audi A4 3.2 Sedan with quattro are .00070 and 53%.

If you decide to lease either of these cars through AFS, at lease signing you will have to pay your first month's payment and any required state taxes or fees. Normally you would have to pay a security deposit and AFS' $575 acquisition fee at signing as well, but I believe that Audi is running a special promotion waiving these charges on the A4 this month.

If I was in the market for a lease of an '08 A4 right now in an area that has a decent level of competition, I personally would shoot for a selling price of around $500 over invoice. You should be able to get an idea of what sort of price you will have to pay for this car by visiting the "Audi A4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussion.

Current AFS lessees of A4s are eligible for a special $750 owner loyalty cash incentive if they lease a new A4 through AFS right now. I don't believe that Audi is currently providing any other cash incentives on this model.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi rallyfan. Southern California is a very competitive marketplace for new vehicles. If I was in the market for a new Audi A4 in your area, I personally would shoot for a selling price that's pretty close to dealer invoice, say $500 or so over. You can look up the invoice price of the exact car that you are interested in by visiting the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

As far as this car's lease program goes, Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2008 A4 2.0T Sedan without quattro is .00093. Make sure that the dealer you lease from uses this factor to calculate your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi uthumvee. Audi's current lease program for the 2008 A4 is pretty good. I would be happy to provide you with its details if you provide me with a detailed description of the car that you want and tell me what term and mileage allowance you want to lease it for.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.