Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi wilt1. Unfortunately, Audi Financial Services charges a $350 disposition fee on every vehicle that it leases. Dealers do not have the authority to waive this charge. You should be able to get this charge waived if you lease another new Audi through AFS though.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Here you go, bniquette. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Audi A4 2.0T Sedan with quattro and 12,000 miles per year are .00093 and 57%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '08 A4 Avant are .00093 and 54%. I believe that AFS is waiving its acquisition fee and security deposit requirements on the A4 at no additional charge this month.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi rudek25. If I was in the market for a 2008 Audi A4 and I lived in an area that has a decent level of competition, I personally would shoot for a selling price off around $500 over dealer invoice. You can look up the invoice price of the exact car that you are interested in by visiting the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com. Also, make sure to stop by the "Audi A4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars lately.

You're in luck, Audi is running a special owner loyalty promotion right now. Current Audi Financial Services lessees of A4s are eligible for a special $750 cash incentive if they lease another one through AFS. I don't believe that this offer is available on the Passat. Make sure to take this cash into account when making your offer.

Once you have arrived at a selling price that you are comfortable with, have the dealer calculate your monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor and residual value of .00093 and 63% (for a 24 mo., 15k lease of an '08 A4 w/quattro).

Car_man
    Host
  • bniquettebniquette Member Posts: 3
    Thank you for your reply and all the other excellent information I've received over the years from your forums. Happy holidays.
  • britladybritlady Member Posts: 2
    Hi. I live in NYC and am moving to CT in Jan. I want to buy/lease an Audi A4 3/3.2L Quattro (manual). Likely annual mileage approx 10k.

I am unsure about the wisdom of buying a 2/3 year old car versus leasing a new model. Got quote for a 3.2 model from Greenwich Audi in CT for 3k money down with $517 a month payment for 36 months (includes taxes and reg but no car servicing).

1) does this sound like a reasonable deal and can/should I negotiate?
    2) what are the pros and cons of leasing vs buying a used A4?

many thanks!!
  • batman43batman43 Member Posts: 3
    Lease vs. buy is ultimately your decision, as there's plenty of info on the pros and cons of each. As far as current lease deals, just as an FYI, I recently took delivery of a 3.2Q manual, Premium Sound, Convenience, Metallic paint, AudiCare, no money down,taxes in payment, only acquisition fee and DMV charges upfront for 570/month....3yr/30K lease from a Long Island dealer. Let me know if you'd like dealer details.
  • britladybritlady Member Posts: 2
    thanks Batman43 - dealer info would be useful. Sounds like you got a good deal.
  • ante148ante148 Member Posts: 10
    My 3 year 36k mile lease is ending. I currently have 32K miles on the car. The buyout is for $19,500 and Audi Financial (who I leased the car with) won't negotiate the price. All they have offered is a $950 Mastercard gift card. Should I go to my Audi salesman who I haven't spoken to in 3 years, or is there a better way to negotiate the buyout price down? If it matters, my lease payments were $373/month and I only paid taxes upfront.

Thanks,
    Mike
  • airkittairkitt Member Posts: 3
    Ho Ho Ho Carman.

Looking for your opinion on this lease deal:

2008 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
    Premium package and iPod connection
    MSRP $34,375, discounted to $32,798
    Acquisition fee waived
    $399/mo for 36 months
    $0 down (only tax and first month payment only due at signing)
    Miles: 12k/year
    Residual 57%
    Money factor 0093
    Buy out $19,593

Thanks.

Airkitt
  • batman43batman43 Member Posts: 3
    Atlantic Audi, West Islip...if you want further detail(which it seems I can't divulge here) please provide an e-mail address
  • gmguy1177gmguy1177 Member Posts: 10
    I went to the Audi dealer and they agreed to the same deal with me and also included Audi Care in the deal. They came up with $427 per month (NJ 7%) all taxes and fees were included. Only thing due was first months payment. The price is about 700 over invoice. I was shooting for 500 over so it seems to be good deal. I'm gonna wait till monday morning and see if i can get them to pay my last 2 payments on my Explorer.(Only paying 362.00/month) I'd rather them do that instead of the Audi Care.
  • uthumveeuthumvee Member Posts: 28
    Thanks, Carman.

A4 - Manual, Premium Package, Heated Seat - 10,500 miles, 36 months - $419 per month.

It seems high to me so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.
  • ursamajorursamajor Member Posts: 127
    2008 A4 3.2 Quattro, Convenience pkg., I-pod, Bluetooth, MSRP $ 42100, Cap. cost $ 39962, MF .0007 (until tonight), residual .54, 36mo. lease, 10,000 miles/yr.: $ 566/mo. driveoff $ 1487 including $ 575 security (have never had an Audi). This car has 6CD-in-dash, rear seats folding forward, five real tires, dark metallic blue w/ beige upholstery. All-told, a nice vehicle, but not sure if reduction of $ 2150 off MSRP is anything special. I have a 335xi on order for $ 597/mo.same lease terms, but I am completely turned off to the run-flats and no 6-CD in dash. And this morning, I just found out about the 2009 A-4, called Audi of N.A. and was told it will NOT be available until about September, regardless of the Edmonds preview story. Well, I can always extend my G35 lease until later in the year, but I would go for this Audi if I could get the monthly down by at least $ 50. Cap. cost of $ 38500 gets me down to $ 520/mo. approx. This deal from Internet sales at Santa Monica Audi--you get a loaner when servicing car, by the way.
  • mn1818mn1818 Member Posts: 2
    After a ton of research, I just leased an '08 on the last day of the Season of Audi sales event--here's the deal I got:

2008 2.0T Multitronic
    Premium package, Ipod connection and Premium Paint
    MSRP $32,825
    $0 down (only first month and security deposit)
    $337/mo for 36 months, including AudiCare
    Miles: 10k/year
  • novattnovatt Member Posts: 8
    Hi Carman,

You've helped me get my last 2 Audi's and its that time again...

Can I get mf and residual on an A3 2.0T multitronic, 12k/yr, and 24 month lease?

Can you also tell me if Audi has loyalty incentive for A6 customers.

Thanx
  • hbobrowhbobrow Member Posts: 2
    I heard that a Special Edition 2008 A4 will be introduced in January, 2008. Does anyone know anything about it? I heard it will have a special "Y-spoke" wheel? Anyone know what that means, or have any pics?
  • strannystranny Member Posts: 3
    Wow. Can you negotiate the same for me? If not, can you give me the dealers info? Thanks.
  • soylentgreensoylentgreen Member Posts: 62
    Yes, it includes heated front seats, leather, those Y spoke wheels, and Sirius, and the metallic $450 paint at no charge for quattro models. The S-line package price of $2000 dropped to $1200 as well.

Here's a pic of that wheel:
    Y spoke
  • wellsjefwellsjef Member Posts: 1
    Looking for input on this lease deal:

2008 A4 Avant 2.0T
    Convenience package
    Cold Weather package
    Premium package
    Metallic paint (adds about $500 to invoice)

36 mo, 12k/year
    $475/month
    $2700 at signing (includes CT sales tax of 6%)
    52% residual
    0.0001 money factor (might have misplaced a decimal, but it comes to about 2.4% APR)
  • sluurrpeesluurrpee Member Posts: 20
    Hi Carman,

Can you give me your input and feedback on the deal below? This is from a big socal Audi dealer.

'08 A4 2.0T CVT FrontTrak
    Premium package
    Heated seats
    Dark walnut wood trim
    MSRP $32,675
    Sell price: $30,817
    MF: .00040
    3yr/36k mi: 55% residual
    No Cap reduction

Thanks!
    You're very welcome, bniquette. A belated happy holidays to you as well.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Mike. The end-of-term purchase price of your leased vehicle is really between you and the bank that you are leasing it through. You can always try contacting an Audi dealer to see if they can help you get a better price on it, but I highly doubt that they will be able to do anything for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello Airkitt. The Audi A4 that you are interested in probably has a spread of around $2,300 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. That means that the $1,500 and change discount that you were quoted on this car probably puts you at around $700 or so over invoice...which is a pretty good deal. Just make sure that the dealer you are working with uses Audi Financial Services' new buy rate lease money factor of .00025 to calculate your monthly payment and you are in business.

Car_man
    Host
    No problem, uthumvee. Auto Financial Services' new January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Audi A4 2.0T Sedan without quattro with 10,000 miles per year are .00025 and 56%, respectively.

You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the A4 that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing what this vehicle's selling price is in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
  • saabtasticsaabtastic Member Posts: 7
    Hi everyone, I am currently an 06 Saab Aero Convertbile owner, but since my fiancee also has a convertible, I have decided my next car will be an 08 or 09 A4, the question is which one?

Car and Driver says the car will be same the price, however ContinentalAudi here in Naperville IL says it will be a good increase (I am assuming this is because they want the same now.)

Any thoughts or projections on A4 pricing for 2009?

I was offered a 2008 A4 (Stickered at 37k) with 18k miles a year and Audi Care on a 1 pay lease for $18,900. (Not sure I like that price, they told me to add an estimated 3k to that for a 2009. That is NOT including NAV, most other options though.

They did tell me there will be the special edition at a discount, coming soon.

I am assuming they will be doing some serious wheeling and dealing come summer/fall/winter of 2008 to liquidate current body style. Do you guys agree????
    (When Cadillac introduced the new CTS they were blowing out the old really cheap)

Any fans of the one-pay lease? on Audis (I ask because I did very well with Saab)

Thanks
    Brian :)
  • mn1818mn1818 Member Posts: 2
    Audi of Tucson, Arizona.
    2008 A4 CVT
    Premium Pkg.
    Prem. Paint
    Heated Seats
    Bluetooth
    Wood
    $33,900 MSRP

$403/month - 36 months 10K/yr.
    $2,000 at signing

Says the money factor is 1.4. What do you think? Says he can't go any lower. I'm in suburban Washington, DC.
    Congratulations on getting such a good deal on your new A4, mn1818. Thanks for taking the time to stop back and share the details of your lease with everyone. Don't forget to stop by the new Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with others. Enjoy your new ride :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
    Wow, you're making me feel old, novatt, :) . This particular discussion is for community members to talk about leasing an Audi A4, but since you're here I'll quickly give you the info that you're interested in. In most of the country, Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a base 2008 A3 2.0T Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00286 and 58%, respectively. This money factor is enhanced to .00075 in California, Florida, and Washington DC. In January, Audi is providing a $1,500 owner loyalty incentive on leases of the 2008 A6. Please post any additional questions that you have about leasing an A3 in the "Audi A3 Lease Questions" discussion. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings wellsjef. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the A4 that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing what this vehicle's selling price is in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

For now I can tell you that Audi Financial Services, current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Audi A4 2.0T Avant with 12,000 miles per year are .00025 and 54%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to give you my opinion on this deal, sluurrpee. Let's see, the dealer invoice price of the car that you described is $30,442. This puts the selling price that you were quoted at around $375 over invoice, which is a very good deal. Just make sure that the dealer you are working with uses Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor of .00025 to calculate your monthly payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey stranny. You never mentioned the selling price of the A4 that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of the vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

For now I can tell you that Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Audi A4 2.0T CVT with 10,000 miles per year are .00025 and 56%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • nktankta Member Posts: 8
    I am planning to trade in a CLK320 while leasing an A4. I am thinking of using some of the trade-in value for cap reduction, while getting a large portion of the trade-in refund to me. I expect to take a good hit on the trade-in instead of trying to sell it myself, but would it be even a lower trade-in value? I assume that dealer loaths having to write a check.
  • hopefallhopefall Member Posts: 12
    I see the current MF/residual on the 2.0 CVT listed. Does anyone know what the MF/residual are on the 2.0 Quattro? And will this be the same for the special edition?

THANKS!!
  • poshlustposhlust Member Posts: 1
    I am hoping you see this soon, I have to make a decision asap about a car. If anyone has any thoughts, I would appreciate them.

2008 A4 2.0T quattro sedan - tiptronic transmission
    Phantom black with beige interior
    Sport suspension
    Heated front seats
    Bluetooth
    Premium
    DVD Navigation w/ iPod
    Convenience package

MSRP $40,475
    Selling price $37,795
    Money factor .00025
    Residual 57%
    Monthly payment (before tax) $424.23
    Amount due at signing $1,912.38 (may change by a few dollars depending on county registered in)
  • jpierce1jpierce1 Member Posts: 3
    Need some help Car Man.

We currently have a 2005 S4, and the lease is coming up shortly. We ABSOLUTELY love the car; however, two months ago we had a son so we are now a little short on space.

The current debate is whether to get a 2008 S4 Avant, or a 4.2 A6.

What I need to know are the AFS money factors on both the S4 or 4.2/A6, and residuals for what will likely become a 12,000 mile 36 month lease. I should add that a call to my local dealer suggested money factors of .0034 (8%) for the S4 Avant, and money factor of 0.0015 (3.5%) for the 4.2 A6. Given other posts, both buy-rates seem high, so I wanted to make sure my local dealer was giving me accurate information.

Also, if leasing another Audi, are there any incentives for doing so?
    Car Man,

Dealer says the selling price on the A4 is 31,988 (MSRP-33,900), and the residual is 51%. Forgot to include on my earlier post that it has the ipod also.

Looking to make a move soon. Really appreciate your help. This forum is tremendously helpful. You guys do a great service for us. Thanks.
  • hbobrowhbobrow Member Posts: 2
    Hey - can anyone offer me their thoughts on the following deal? I'm coming off a lease in a week and wanted to wait for the A4 special edition, but I was told it could be another 6 weeks. So this is what I may be able to do:

A4 2.0 quattro (deep sea blue pearl effect / beige interior)
    Manual
    Premium package
    Ipod interface
    Heated front seats
    sport suspension

They say that the MSRP is $34,050. The proposed lease for 36 months at 15,000 miles per year is $409/mo plus tax. As for money down, I think it's just first month and some deposit, but no cap reduction.
  • soylentgreensoylentgreen Member Posts: 62
    Here are the specs:

08 A4 6MT 2.0Q
    Dolphin Grey/Black
    S-Line
    Convenience
    Titanium
    I-pod
    Heated seats
    Bluetooth

Offering me $38,550. If you could provide the ideal lease rates for 12K/15K mi., 36 months.

In your previous posts you stated MFs of .00025. This translates to 0.6. Did I read that right?

Thanks for your help.
  • bchan88usbchan88us Member Posts: 12
    do you get 12k per year or 15k per year? and where is the dealership?
  • windigo00windigo00 Member Posts: 4
    thank you car man --- appreciate you taking the time to respond
  • gassergasser Member Posts: 5
    My local Audi dealer quoted the same $3,000 increase in MSRP for 2009. I was shocked that they would raise the price so much. I was especially shocked because most of the competition (except Acura TL) has been recently redesigned and has at least 300hp. Plus, you can get a G35x loaded for less than a comparably equipped 2008 A4. I don't get their strategy here.

PS: The dealer also denied the rumor that the next S4 would be targeted at 335i
  • gassergasser Member Posts: 5
    My local dealer told me that adding Audi Care (servicing) adds one "point" to the residual which effectively offsets the cost on a lease. This means you should be able to get the service for free if you choose to lease the car.
  • hockeyguy1721hockeyguy1721 Member Posts: 15
    I was offered this on a 15K 36 Month lease of a A4 2.0T Auto Q with the premium package and heated front seats.

MSRP 34,950
    Residual 54%
    Lease End Value 18,819
    Cap Cost $33,581.38
    MD Sales Tax $2014.88
    Money Factor .00103
    A line that reads Total Adds to Cap $937 (what is this?)
    Adjusted Cap Cost 36,533.26

No money down, payment is $549.07

Maybe i am off who knows, but this does not seem good at all. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
  • nychkernychker Member Posts: 2
    this does not look good at all. i leased a similar car for 455 last year with $700 down(first month + dmv fees). even mine is 12k per yr, but 15k a year should about $20 more per month. shop around....
  • hockeyguy1721hockeyguy1721 Member Posts: 15
    just got offered $472 for the same A4 at another dealership.
  • evan7578evan7578 Member Posts: 15
    Car_man:

What are the money factors and residuals for the 2008 Audi A4 2.0 and 3.2 Quattro sedan (Automatic transmission for both) for January?

Thank you
  • chchoichchoi Member Posts: 40
    Dealer offer
    A4 2.0T auto quattro in silver
    Convenience pkg
    Premium pkg
    ipod interface

MSRP 36,750. Dealer said sold 500 below invoice

1750 Drive off (include 450 deposit)
    payment 394/month
    MF 0.00050

3 year lease with 10k/yr

Is this a good deal?
  • souwestersouwester Member Posts: 2
    Hi Carman,

Just moving to US..quoted a money factor of .0015 on an 08 A4 2.0T cvt with prem package...montlhy is 395 with 3000 down, 12000 miles,includes the dealer prep, admin, destination...resid is 53%...this sounds out of whack...36 month lease...

I see audi usa has a deal for 359 for an A4 quattro withprem, auto, heated seats...3000 down includes down paymen, deposit, acquis fee, and first months pmt.....thisone has only 10000 miles(but at .15 per mile this should only add on about 300-400)?? what other fees would be charged by the dealer(ie what are typical dealer fees)...thanks for your help...hope to lease one very soon

thanksfor your help
  • thrilldhillthrilldhill Member Posts: 1
    I am in the market for a 2006 Audi A4 2.0 Quattro sedan and I am interested in leasing. I've never leased a used vehicle before and I am a little hesitant. What should I expect for terms on a used lease?
This discussion has been closed.