Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• dppd1511dppd1511 Member Posts: 4
    What sounds like a good deal? $875/month? It was Momentum Audi.
  • onmarkonmark Member Posts: 1
    Dear Car Man,

This is such a great resource/forum, I wish I discovered it earlier in the process!

We are ready to lease a 2008 Avant. The MSRP the way we want the car is about $35,800. With what we are told is a money factor of .00022, our payments with 5% tax included are quoted at $447, bank fee $575 and all other fees $245. Total $1267 drive out.

I understand that we can drop our monthly payments for about $27 per Thousand down, is that correct? Most importantly, are we near a fair deal given market or are we lost in smoke?

What I would like is to get payments at $300 or so with $3200 total drive out with taxes but may be dreaming, thanks for your help. Incidentally we can buy/register in New York or Masachusetts as our driving is split. We can get by with 10k per year, but should we ask for more? Also, not sure on whether deals will improve in coming months or not, we don't really need the car until May.

Thank you and any other ears out there!
  • piperwarriorpiperwarrior Member Posts: 12
    Hello everyone-

I have been a lurker for sometime on these forums, but formally got an account to return the information sharing. It has been a valuable resource for me on my last few car purchases and leases.

I looked at the 2008 A4 Quattro 2.0T recently here in PA. Ultimately decided to go another avenue (not the Audi)..... but here is the information I was quoted last weekend:

2008 A4 Quattro 2.0T
    - MF = 0.00065
    - Residual = 58%

After some lengthy discussions, the salesperson brought the Special Edition to my attention. Tried to position it as a major secret.... and that it is the "bridge" between the 2008 model and the 2009 model which will have a lot more standard features.

For the 2008 Special Edition A4 Quattor 2.0T:
    - MF = 0.00149
    - Residual = 60%

His first pass at 2 different special edition prices were not that great, about $700 above the TMV price. Easily could have gotten them down more though.

Just wanted to reciprocate the sharing!

Cheers
  • eastbeasteastbeast Member Posts: 13
    Am I going crazy..... I am looking to price out (MSRP and dealer cost) an A4 and PREMIUM PKG is not an option (premium PAINT is there for $750, but that's not what I am looking for - the pkg I need is $850 MSRP). Anyone have a 'fix'?

Also, can someone please confirm the money factor buy rate on an A4,2.0,Quattro,Conv,Nav (not the SE) for NY/NJ area - is it .00025 till march 4th? (12k miles/yr)

Thx!
  • 604doc604doc Member Posts: 182
    I would assume that since the invoice on the $750 premium paint is $698, the $850 premium pkg invoice is probably around $790. I'm sure it's not too far off for your figuring purposes.
    Thanks - I found it elsewhere (and you are very accurate with the $790 guess - it's actually $791). My big problem right now is needing confirmation of the money factors. Anyone please jump in... need money factors asap.

thx!!
  • nlusternluster Member Posts: 3
    I finally found a tolerable lease deal in NJ. DCH Audi of Millburn was the last dealer I tried - see my previous post. The final numbers were 2000.00 total out the door, 400.00 per month taxes included, 15,000 miles per year, 36 month lease, Audi care included. The car is the A4 w/ premium package, automatic/tiptronic trans, heated front seats, light silver with black leather.

The sales people were great, they started out at 435 a month w/o Audi Care and wound up with 410 mo after listening to the other dealers' numbers. I told the salesman I really wanted to be at or under 400 mo he talked to the sales manager one time, for two minutes, and it was done. There was no back and forth, I can't do it but let me re-work the numbers or check with my boss, etc. I walked in with my other offers and in thirty minutes I had a deal I could live with.

As a side note, DCH Audi has a special customer service rating held by only 17 of the 200 Audi dealers. I'm sure the salesman was flexible because it was Feb 28th and I had the name of a friend of a friend but, like I said, it was the best I could come up with for central and northern NJ and they seemed genuinely nice.

Hope the info helps.
  • peanut_chewpeanut_chew Member Posts: 3
    Hi, I'm looking to lease an A4 and got this deal.

2008 2.0T 6 spd FWD
    premium pkg
    heated front seats
    iPod adapter

Residual 56%
    MF: 0.00025
    Quoted Price: $31,250
    Total due at signing $2530
    330.24 / mth, 36 mth.

I'm in Philly, zip 19428. I'm wondering if i can drop the price a bit? any help is appreciated. thanks.
  • piperwarriorpiperwarrior Member Posts: 12
    Hi,

I was just looking at A4s recenently in Philly area (18976). While I was looking at Quattro, I was getting the following for a 10k per year lease:

2008 A4 Quattro 2.0T
    - MF = 0.00065
    - Residual = 58%

So 56% sounds right for 15k perhaps.

I would think you can get more money off the "sell" price of the car. Assuming premium package you meant convenience package, I would say the sell price should be somewhere in the 30,xxx range. Especially if its on the lot.
  • peanut_chewpeanut_chew Member Posts: 3
    Thanks! I appreciate the response.

56% residual was for 12k
    they had it listed as the "premium package". Leather, 17" rims, all weather tires.
    and yes, this car was on their lot. i'm going to shoot for a low 30 price then. thanks again!
    Hey Car_Man,

Please lemme know your thoughts on this deal. Note that it was signed before the March 4th deadline and therefore is structured as per Feb promos. This is in NY/NJ metro region:

A4 2.0T quattro, black
    Prem Pkg
    Conv Pkg
    Heated Seats
    Navigation Pkg
    Woodtrim
    Bluetooth
    MSRP: $39,475
    Pmts based off of $37,200. MF .00025, Resid 56, 12k miles/yr
    $438/mo inc 7% NJ tax
    Waived Sec Dep.... Total out the door: $3,000 (it only needed to be $1750 but i decided to put an extra $1250 cap cost red. to lower the payments further).
    AudiCare NOT included.

I think I did very well with this but would love to know 4sure. Oh, the new finance programs are not out yet but if they are better in any way, I can switch.... delivery on Satrday.

Thanks so much!!
    :)
  • ltjbukemltjbukem Member Posts: 31
    can anyone confirm what the march money factors and residuals are for

36month/10k or 36/12
    for an audi a4 2.0t quattro ?
  • ltjbukemltjbukem Member Posts: 31
    for 36/10k miles for a special edition, my dealer quoted me 0.55 and 0.00110 and for a non-special edition, 0.54 and 0.00023.

this is in long island. does not include audi care, which would bump it 1 percent.

can anyone confirm/deny?
  • cdutchcdutch Member Posts: 3
    Car_man:

I was offered the below lease for an Audi A4 Quattro 2.0 with premium package, heated seats and premium paint as options. This would be a 36 month, 12,000/year lease. I'd be interested in your thoughts as to whether this is a decent deal.

MSRP: $34,850
    Selling Price: 32,850
    Residual: 18,470,.50
    Money Factor: 0.00038

Monthly payment comes to $478 month with $0 down ($501 out the door includes first months payment, places, title, etc.) and no security deposit.

If I'm not mistaken, Audi's March lease rate for the A4 is .00023 so I can probably negotiate that down a bit. Other than that...how does it look?
  • mankumanku Member Posts: 76
    I was just sent an email from a local L.A. dealer for $435/month, $1 down, $1011 +tax and license drive-off for a $42225 car.

Three years/12k.

Can I do better?

Thanks.
  • is250shopperis250shopper Member Posts: 4
    Manku,

Which dealer did you go to?
    I am looking into leasing an Audi in LA too
    Downtown LA sent me that email...its on their website.
  • cubcubcubcub Member Posts: 4
    Hi guys,

I'm coming to the end of my '04 Audi A4 lease. The cars been in two accidents and has been repaired, but nonetheless I am stressed about what awaits me at turn-in inspection.

I visited the dealership yesterday and they informed me that i had $5000 of wear and tear allowance built into my lease. Of course this was in context of me saying i was interested in getting into an A3. (Note, i lost my copy of the lease agreement in a house fire so I'm flying blind.)

A few questions:

1) Does the $5000 allowance sound legit? Or is this a ploy to get me into another audi.

2) Does anyone know what the MF, etc is on an A3 in Southern California is right now?

Thank you in advance,

Stressed
    I think I'm getting a good deal, but before I decide:

2008 A4 2.0 Cabriolet CVT - $45550.00 sticker.

Drive off: $889
    Monthly: $522

36month/10K.

This is in SoCal, so 8.25 tax is included.

Thanks.
  • flash19flash19 Member Posts: 5
    So are you guys getting the .00023 money factor to get these great deals?
  • carmaster1carmaster1 Member Posts: 64
    Hi everyone,

I am ready to lease an Audi A4 2.0T CVT. A local dealer has offered me $399.00/mo.incl. taxes 10k mi/yr. with $0 down. The MSRP on this car is $32500. The lease term is 36 months.Is this a good deal? Comments please.
  • carmaster1carmaster1 Member Posts: 64
    Hi All,

Just signed a lease yesterday in Houston, Tx.

A4 2.0T CVT
    MSRP: $32800 ( metallic paint/ bluetooth pkg.)
    Selling price: $29500
    MF: .00023
    Residual: $17028
    Term: 36mo./ 36k mi.
    Monthly: $399 w/ zero down incl. all taxes and fees.

I hope this helps everyone.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi pacsurf. Audi is not providing lease support on 2007 models any longer. As a result, if you really want to lease you are better off going with an '08 model. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Audi A4 2.0T Cabriolet without quattro with 12,000 miles per year are .00027 and 54%, respectively. I don't believe that Audi is providing lease support on 48 month terms for this car, so you're better off going with the 3 year lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi schley254. I believe that the Special Edition A4 models are already at dealers. Audi is definitely already providing lease support on them. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2008 A4 2.0T Special Edition Sedan is .00110.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello machambi. The lease payment for the A4 that you are interested in will vary depending upon what its MSRP and selling price are. If I was in the market for a Audi A4 right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of around $500 over dealer invoice and then have the dealer subtract the $1,000 loyalty or conquest cash incentive from that, essentially making your purchase price $500 below invoice. You can look up the exact dealer invoice price of the car that you want by visiting the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com. Also, make sure to stop by the "Audi A4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars lately.

Once you have arrived at a selling price that you are happy with, have the dealer calculate your monthly payment using Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor of .00023 (for a 36 month lease of an '08 A4 2.0T Sedan) and you're all set.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks onmark. I'm glad that you enjoy this forum so much. The money factor that you were quoted on the A4 Avant that you are interested in looks about right. The acquisition fee is right in line with what Audi Financial Services charges as well. Off of the top of my head, I am not sure exactly how much this car's lease payment will drop with every additional $1,000 down payment, but I can tell you that it is not a good idea to put any money down when leasing. Consumers who make large capitalized cost reductions on leased vehicles risk losing part or all of them if their vehicles are totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Even though it means that your monthly payment will be higher, you will be better off going with a zero down lease.

The best way to get a good deal on the car that you are interested in is to negotiate as low a selling price as possible on it. The 2008 A4 Avant that you are interested in probably has a spread of around $2,500 or so between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. Plus Audi is currently providing an additional $1,000 cash incentive on leases of it through AFS right now. That gives you a total of around $3,500 to play with in your negotiations. If I was in the market for this vehicle, I personally would shoot for a discount of $2,500 to $3,000 and see what happens. Once you arrive at a selling price that you are comfortable with, have the dealer calculate your monthly payment using this car's buy rate lease money factor and you're all set.

I believe that Audi's current lease program is scheduled to run through May 2nd.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome piperwarrior. The Special Edition model is indeed a sort of bridge between the end of the current generation A4 and the introduction of the new 2009 model, but it is not exactly some sort of special secret. The lease program that you were quoted for this car looks off. According to the latest information that I have seen, Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Audi A4 2.0T Special Edition Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00110 and 53%, respectively. The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

As far as this car's selling price goes, you definitely should be able to do better than $700 over TMV. $700 over dealer invoice minus the $1,000 cash incentive that is available on leases of this car through AFS right now is more like it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey eastbeast. The Dealer invoice price of the car that you leased is probably around $36,800 to $36,900. I don't believe that the $1,000 cash incentive that Audi is currently offering on Audi Financial Services' leases of the A4 was available last month. So it looks like the selling price that you were given it less than $500 over dealer invoice, which is a great deal. Plus the dealer used AFS' buy rate lease money factor to calculate your monthly payment. This looks like a good deal to me. Enjoy your new ride :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ltjbukem. Through May 2nd, Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 A4 2.0T Sedan with quattro (not the Special Edition model) with 12,000 miles per year are .00023 and 53%, respectively. The money factor for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be the same, but the residual value would be 1% higher. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that is available on leases of it through AFS right now. This cash will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
  • ferkyferky Member Posts: 20
    My '05 2.0T A4 lease is up in July. I want to get into another 36 month 2.0T A4 lease, and as much as I would love an '09, my understanding is that the 2.0Ts won't be out until a good while after the 3.2s, which are outside of my price range.

Given that I am settling for an '08, am I better off trying to get it now when there are still a good number of '08s to choose from and the incentives are decent, or will things only get better in the summer when they are that much closer to rolling out the '09s? My fear is that come June/July, they will have some decent incentives, but the inventory won't be there and I'll be stuck with a bunch of colors and options that aren't what I want.

Any thoughts on how to time a new lease?
    Hi eastbeast. A good way to get a good deal on a new car is to figure out approximately how much over dealer invoice you are willing to pay for the model that you want. Then shop around with a few local dealers, either by looking at their inventory on-line or by physically visiting them until you find a car that is equipped how you want it at a dealership that is willing to sell it to you for your predetermined price. If I was in the market for a new A4 right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 to $1,000 over invoice, which is equivalent to $500 under to dealer invoice once the $1,000 cash incentive that Audi is providing on leases is taken into account.

After you have arrived at a selling price that you are comfortable with, have the dealer calculate your car's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2008 A4 2.0T Sedan with quattro is .00023.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ivtec2. I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 to $1,000 over invoice on an '08 A4 right now, which is equivalent to $500 under to dealer invoice once the $1,000 cash incentive that Audi is providing on leases is taken into account. Make sure to stop by the "Audi A4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars lately.

After you have arrived at a selling price that you are comfortable with, have the dealer calculate your car's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2008 A4 2.0T Sedan with quattro is .00023.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings cdutch. The dealer invoice price of the car that you mentioned is probably around $32,500. Plus Audi is currently providing a special $1,000 cash incentive on leases of it through Audi Financial Services. This crops the invoice to around $31,500. That puts the $32,850 selling price that you were quoted at around $1,350 over invoice. That's enough room that if I was personally in the market for an A4 right now, I would shop around with a few other dealers to see if I could beat that price.

The money factor that you were quoted is slightly high as well. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate for a 36 month lease of a 2008 A4 2.0T sedan with quattro is .00023. Normally one would increase this factor by .00015 if they wanted to have their car's security deposit waived, but I have heard that AFS is waiving its security deposit requirement on leases for free this month,

Car_man
    Host
    Hi cubcub. Normally with a captive finance company, like Audi Financial Services, as long as your vehicle has been repaired properly after your accident or accidents you will not have to pay any sort of excess wear and tear. As an added bonus though I believe that the $5,000 figure that the dealer told you about AFS leases is correct. I highly doubt that you will have to pay any sort of penalty as a result of the accidents. This is one of the great things about leasing. Any vehicle that has been in two accidents would definitely suffer at least some diminished value when you went to try to sell it down the road. On a lease, you can just fix your car and walk away from it at lease-end forcing the bank to take the diminished value hit.

You're in luck with the A3. Audi is running a special regional lease program on it that is much better than its normal program. California is one of the states that this special program is available in. Audi Financial Services' special regional buy rate lease money factor for the 2008 A3 is currently .00055.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello manku. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2008 A4 2.0T Cabriolet without quattro is .00027. Make sure that the dealer that you are working with uses this factor to calculate your car's monthly payment.

You never mentioned the selling price of the car that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of the vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I am not personally all that familiar with what the market is like for the A4 Convertible in your area right now, but you may be able to find a community member who has purchased one lately over in the "Audi A4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussion.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings carmaster1. You never mentioned the selling price of the car that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of the vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment.

The Audi A4 that you described has a spread of around $2,200 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. Plus Audi is providing a special $1,000 cash incentive on leases of it through Audi Financial Services right now. This gives you a total of around $3,200 to play with during your negotiations. If I was in the market for this car right now, I personally would shoot for a discount of $2,200 to $2,700. Once you have arrived at a selling price that you are comfortable with, have the dealer that gives it to you calculate your monthly payment using AFS' current buy rate lease money factor of .00023 (not available on the special edition model) and you're all set.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ferky. Audi's lease program on the A4 is pretty decent right now. It is definitely better than it was last month. This car's money factor is just about as low as it could possibly get (unless you are talking about the Special Edition model) and its residual values aren't going to increase. That means the only way that Audi will be able to enhance its lease program going forward would be to introduce larger cash incentives on leases of it. I suppose that it is possible that they will do this, but they probably will not do anything until after the current lease program expires on May 2nd. Plus as you mentioned, you may have a tough time finding a car that's equipped exactly how you want it if you wait too long to lease. If I was in the market for an A4, I personally would probably just get one now rather than waiting. As I always say though, it is difficult to predict exactly what manufacturers will do with their future incentives with 100% accuracy.

Car_man
    Host
  • sharkalasharkala Member Posts: 48
    Hello,
    I currently have a 2007 Audi A4 with a 24 month lease with 15K miles a year. My current lease is up in September. I am interested in leasing a new Audi. I will only have approximately 24K miles on the car when I turn it in. Is there any negotiating power since I did not drive 30K?
    Thanks.
  • faschulzfaschulz Member Posts: 52
    you can get the same deal for $399 tax incl for 15000 miles i got the same car price
    for that, wait until the last day of the month.
    Does anyone think that the deals on the Special Edition will get any better? The price is right, but .0011 money factor is a far cry from the .00023 on the regular ones. I'm getting a push from the dealer to get me into the lease before the end of March (claiming that now are the best deals ever on A4s), but I'd hate for that special edition money factor to drop in a month or two.
  • dadas78dadas78 Member Posts: 6
    Please provide your thoughts on the following lease I was offered today.

2008 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T quattroAT6 SE
    MSRP: $34,850.00
    Sale Price:$31,983.56
    Rate: .00110
    Residual 0.55
    Residual Price $19,167.50
    Lease payment: $400.00 per month
    36 Months
    15,000 Mile per year
    Audi care included in price

$2,000.00 at signing includes ACQ fee $575, 1st month payment of $400, DOC fee $148.50, NJ registration $282.50

Taxes were rolled into the lease and included in the $400 per month.

Not sure how the tax rate is calculated in NJ, but they told me the taxes were $1088.15. Seems high on 7% NJ sales tax.
  • ac3ac3 Member Posts: 12
    Car Man,

I am in NJ and will be shopping for an A4 Cab 2.0T with quattro. Can you provide me with the following
    buy rate mf
    residual
    promotional $
    Your quote seems a bit low, which I guess is a good thing! Based on your sale price, I am calculating a montly lease for you of about $440, including 7% tax. The only thing I can think of is that your $2,000 down must include some cap cost reduction, which is not reflected in the sale price that you are giving. Do you have to pay a security deposit? If not, then it looks like you are reducing the sale price almost $1,000, which is closer to $400 (I get $410/mo.).

Looks like a good deal to me.
    Ferky,

There is a $1,000 manufacturer cash incentive on the car the dealer is applying to the lease. $2,000 is my total out of pocket. There is no additional down payment on the car or security deposit. This is my first time leasing an Audi so I wasn't sure if I was getting a good deal or not. Our other car is a 2006 Volvo S40 T5 AWD with all the options at the time except navigation. I believe it ran around the same MSRP.

Our payments are $387 a month but this was using Chase auto finance and qualifying for the Ford A-plan due to a family member working for Volvo.
    ***Correction: In totaling up the basic fees and subtracting them from the $2000, The dealership is putting the remainder $600-$650 as a reduction.

In consideration of the numbers, is $400 a good lease price? $400 includes taxes and audi care.
  • otis15otis15 Member Posts: 9
    Hi,

I have a 2007 A4 and my lease is up in September. It looks like the new 2.0Ts won't be out for a while, so I was just considering re-leasing my car for another year or two. Is this a bad idea? I know that they subsidize leases on the new cars, so will a lease on my two year old car be a terrible deal and I may as well lease a new one, or will I actually have a lower payment than on a comparable A4, but new. I wonder if the deals on the outgoing model will be really good at that time?

Thanks!
  • a4wagona4wagon Member Posts: 1
    I live in New England and I'm looking to lease an A4 Wagon. Can anyone tell me what the money factor and residual is on this car based on a 36 month, 12,000 mile per year lease? With an MSRP around $37,000, I would like to get the payment in the mid $400s (including the 7% Rhode Island sales tax) with only about $1,000 due at signing. Am I dreaming? And will I get it at $500 over invoice?

Any help would be great.

Thanks
    NJ
    A4 2.0T Cabriolet, Premium Pkg, Walnut trim, iPod

MSRP $45,000
    Res $24,750
    MF .00058
    12k miles/3yrs
    $1,642 (inceptions, in NJ includes 3 years registration)
    $622.98

Seems a little high. Looking to make a decison by mid April
    Car_Man

I should have mentioned that it is Quattro and has heated seats.

NJ 7% sales tax
    A4 2.0T Cabriolet Quattro, Premium Pkg, Walnut trim, iPod, heated seats

MSRP $45,000
    Res $24,750
    MF .00058
    12k miles/3yrs
    $1,642 (inceptions, in NJ includes 3 years registration @ ~$475)
    $622.98 (includes sales tax)

The dealer also mentioned adding maintenance to the lease for an additional $6 per month. What are your thought on that?
  • nyguy326nyguy326 Member Posts: 3
    dadas78 which dealer in NJ offered this price? Looks like you're getting a great deal!
This discussion has been closed.