Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• mewantsmewants Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

My dealer tells me there is a $750 charge for Special Edition A4 with dolphin gray metallic. I know that for the regular versions, some metallic colors cost $475 and others are $750 (including dolphin gray metallic), but I thought the special editions had all metallic colors available and included with no additional charge.

Does anyone know if this is true?

Thanks.
  • luvaudi19luvaudi19 Member Posts: 34
    The dealer is right in this case. The "free colors" are brilliant black, ibis white, and brilliant red. Most metallic and pearl effects are $475 with dolphin gray and phantom black being $750.

-Jerry
  • mewantsmewants Member Posts: 3
    Thanks, I think that is correct too. Edmunds doesn't show it, so I was confused.

One correction, though. On the Special Editions, the metallic paint that costs $475 (for example quartz gray metallic and silver metallic) is included in the pricing.
  • timdmbtimdmb Member Posts: 8
    hey just got home from test driving the a4 2.0 quattro cab, with premium package, heatMFed front seat, and bluetooth. heres the numbers i got:

MSRP: 44800
    selling price: 41061
    0 down
    monthly 499
    mf .00057
    residual .56

can anyone tell me if this is on par? it seems to be but im sure im missing something im not so savvy when it comes to this.. 36month 10000mile lease
    MF and residual are correct....the cap cost is up to you!

-Jerry
  • bigezybigezy Member Posts: 7
    Well, I just got back from JD Audi seeking a better deal to take the place of my soon to expire A4 lease.

The saleman tried to tempt me with an A4 6 speed manual SE with iPod
    36 months 15K
    $470.00 a month zero down
    56% risidual
    Don't know the money factor (didn't get a chance to ask)
    MSRP 33050

Any thoughts. Not a lot of info because they didn't seem willing to negotiate, which I thought very odd.

In addition, the incentive letter I received in the mail was brushed aside without much comment from said salesman.
    would this be a reasonable cap cost? or do i have any leverage to wiggle some?
    I think it is quite reasonable. The margin on a $44K Cabriolet is about $2500 depending on region (advertising and regional fees tacked on the invoice from Audi). There is currently $2K in lease incentive right now which makes the Cabriolet a very attractive lease.

In my area (SoCal), Cabs have been flying off showrooms due to this lease program so most dealers in my area are going to hold out for slightly better margins. However, in other areas where inventory may be high, you can probably negotiate close to or below invoice (-) incentives.

-Jerry
    I've been to one dealership in North Jersey with similar numbers.

I have yet to check other dealerships.
    $470 month same car 6 speed manual no bluetooth or wood trim
    15k 36 months
    risidual 56%
    Sales price 33050
    Thanks prince2100 .......that's what I thought.

I 'm monitoring what's being negotiated herein and Jack Daniels seemed disinterested in continuing to KEEP MY BUSINESS. Had I known of this message board prior to my last lease I could have saved literally thousands. Live and learn.

Not this time. Riverside or Paul Miller should be able to negotiate. Seriously, all I hear lately is Audi and BMW commercials.
  • prince2100prince2100 Member Posts: 23
    no problem. despite what they tell you they need to get these cars off their lots for the new 09's. let me know what the other dealers in NJ negotiate with you. several months back 1 guy in Mass. got it for $407 but tax is slightly less there.
  • saaber1saaber1 Member Posts: 31
    check out DCH audi in maplewood NJ. that's where i got my A4 SE Auto 2 weeks ago.
  • hroark10hroark10 Member Posts: 5
    Looking into the Audi A4 CVT $399 a month 36 month no money down lease deal on Long Island NY. Would it be possibe to get the same deal for only 24-27 months as this is what I need. Any help appreciated before I go to the dealer I would like to know if this is possible. Thanks!
    so after testing the a4 cab and loving the car im off to explore other options as well, does anyone have any comparable models that they have driven that might be another option for me, looking to lower the cost of the car no higher if possible... thank you
  • jdunnisherjdunnisher Member Posts: 56
    I took delivery of my new 2008 A4 2.0 T CVT Special Edition (Black on Black Leather) last Sunday from Audi West Covina. Here are the particulars:

MSRP: 32,075 (including destination and iPod interface)
    Selling price: 29,175
    Adjusted cap: 30,400 ($650 Audi Care and $575 Acquisition Fee rolled in)
    Residual Value: 16,999.75 (53% w/ Audi Care)
    MF: 0.00002
    36 months / 45,000 miles
    Monthly payment: $373.18 + tax
    Due at signing: $0

This was a true sign-and-drive lease, as I did not pay anything at inception. Audi even covered the 1st payment under the current lease special on the SE models. So, I just have to make the remaining 35 payments of $373.18 + tax. I was originally shopping the 2008 Honda Accord EX-L, and the payments came out so close that I ended up going with the A4. The Accords just aren't leasing as well right now because they are in a new model year.

I am very happy with this car and the deal that I got. Audi West Covina was a great dealership, and my salesperson was fantastic. I will be posting a review of this dealership and my salesperson shortly, but if you are shopping for an Audi in the SoCal area and would like the contact info for the person I worked with, I would be happy to provide it to you.

This is my fourth lease in the past three years. I've been happy with each of the deals I got on the other three vehicles, but it was always a painstaking grind to get to the price I wanted. This was completely different; every part of the transaction was a breeze! All of the negotiations were done by e-mail as I preferred, we spoke a few times by phone to work out a couple minor details with the car itself, and he even provided me with a copy of the invoice in PDF format within 10 minutes of me requesting it.

When my wife and I showed up at the dealership, the car was already pulled out and detailed. My salesperson went over the car and all its features with me, then we went inside to sign papers, which were already printed and ready to go. All the numbers were exactly as we had discussed in our e-mail correspondence. My wife and I were at the dealership maybe 30 minutes from start to finish. All-around, the best car buying experience we have ever had.

--Jordan
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,777
    Nice deal!!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• mkrugmkrug Member Posts: 1
    Sweet deal. Can you email me your sales person's info?

-Mike
    No problem, I just need your e-mail address. You can probably accomplish this by making your e-mail address visible in your Carspace profile long enough for me to shoot you a quick e-mail.

--Jordan
  • m3technicm3technic Member Posts: 1
    Jordan, could you please provide me with your saleperson's contact info. My email is m3technic@yahoo.com. Thanks! :)
  • ajack1ajack1 Member Posts: 1
    Audiedge,
    Did u finally decide on a car and what dealer. I was looking at the Audi A4 summer special in Buffalo, but was slightly alarmed to hear of your disapproval of our local dealer. How was ur experience at Rochester?
  • miket21miket21 Member Posts: 8
    I'm not audiedge, but I too had a major problem with the Buffalo dealer. I contacted the internet salesman June of last year about a 07 A4 quattro and went to take a test drive. When negotiating with the salesman I knew what I could get the car for from these forms and basically he just got to the point where he was pushing me out the door and said "why don't you come back next month when the rates may be different". I also heard another salesman say the same to another couple interested in a VW.

I called the Rochester dealer the next day ended up with a 07 A4 quattro premium for 389/ mo with 1400.00 down last day of the month. I didn't have the time to drive all the way to Rochester from Williamsville so the salesman met me in Batavia and delivered the car... very easy to deal with and will be going there to get a 09 A4 in October when my lease on my other car is up!!

I would never deal with the Buffalo dealer again, the people that work there don't really seem to care if you buy a car from them or not.
    m3technic,

I just sent over his contact info.

-Jordan
  • lhtrojanlhtrojan Member Posts: 2
    Jordan, i also would like the salesperson's info. would you e-mail me please. my e-mail address is louishong@sbcglobal.net thank you. :D
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're very welcome, gwarrenfl.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • pkwestsidepkwestside Member Posts: 2
    hey jdunnisher, love the deal...can i get the info on the dealership/rep as well?

pkwestside@gmail.com
    lhtrojan and pkwestside,

I have e-mailed you both with my salesperson's contact info. Let the board know if you end up buying. Good luck.

--Jordan
  • gtylersgtylers Member Posts: 10
    what should i expect to be paying in NE ohio..............right now im getting quoted about $470/mo with $950 due at signing on a phantom black SE with convenience at 15k a year.

I feel like it should be MUCH lower.
  • augustus12345augustus12345 Member Posts: 13
    Hi looking for a recommendation on a salesperson who provides great deals in the Chicago burbs - naperville, downers grove area? Any help is appreciated!

Thanks...
  • sunuptopdownsunuptopdown Member Posts: 9
    Haven't gotten the deal in writing yet -- but have been talking to e-mail sales mgr about a 2.O AWD Cab (2008) at invoice price -- minus the 2K on the lease at best financing rate on the lease (have not yet been told what money factor is --). From those numbers, dealer will determine monthly payments based on milage and number of months on the lease.
    Should I be asking for anything more?
    What is the best money factor being offered by Audi Financing on the 2008 Audi A4 2.0 AWD Cabriolet?

How do you convert the MF into a yearly interest rate in order to compare whether its better to finance the car through leasing or purchase?

I figure that if I paid for the car in cash, I'd be foregoing at least an average of 4 or 5 percent return on my money that I would get if I just left the money in the bank over the next 3 years.

I could borrow money from the bank and buy the car -- a car loan costs about 5 percent APY now at my bank.

If the lease money factor comes out significantly below the equivalent of 4 or 5 percent per year APY, I figure it pays to lease ---- especially with Audi kicking in $2K off the lease price.

Am I missing anything?
    For the month of May, the MF on the 2.0 Quattro Cab was .00057 and the residual was 53% for a 36 month lease (15k per year). I believe these rates are in effect through 7/2 when the Summer of Audi Event ends, but I'm not entirely sure.

Audi Lease Rates - May

To convert a MF into an effective APR, you simply multiply it by 2400. I could go into detail about why you use what seems like such a random number, but that is all you really need to know about turning a MF into an APR.

For example, the MF of .00057 is equivalent to an effective APR of 1.368%. As you can tell, this is a very good rate. There is a good chance you would be better off leasing under the current program, as opposed to purchasing. That, of course, depends on your circumstances. Hopefully, this information helps you make your decision.

--Jordan
    Thanks wheelnovice :blush: . The best way to evaluate leases is to look at a vehicle's selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without knowing what this number is, it is difficult to tell how much of a discount you are getting. Negotiate a selling price that's as close to dealer invoice as possible and then have the dealer calculate your car's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate for a 36 month lease of an '08 A4 2.0T Convertible without quattro is .00036.

Car_man
    Host
    Yes, Rich , the $2,000 loyalty / conquest cash is compatible with the special money factor that you mentioned. I am not personally familiar with what the market is like for this car right now, but $500 under invoice is really equivalent to $1,500 over. There's still some room there. If you are in an area that has a decent level of competition, it might now hurt to do a little comparison shopping. Keep in mind though that this is the hot time of year for convertible sales. It would be much easier to get a killer deal on one in the middle of the winter than heading into the summer. Try stopping by the "Audi A4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussion tot see how much other community members have paid for similar cars lately.

Car_man
    Host
    Wow thanks for the kind words, gwarrenfl.

Car_man
    Host
    The RS4 is close enough to A4 that we'll call it on topic ;) . According to the latest information that I have seen, Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 RS4 Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00256 and 47%, respectively.

Unfortunately, if you are far away from the scheduled end of your A4 lease you will likely find that it is very expensive to get out of it at this point...even to get into a lease of a new RS4.

Car_man
    Host
    Congratulations on getting a good deal on your new A4, Jordan. Thanks for taking the time to share the details with everyone. I'm glad to hear that you had such a good dealer experience. Make sure to stop by the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to tell others about it. Enjoy your new ride :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
    What do you think should be my bottom line?

MSRP = $44,575 (includes 2.0 AWD cab, with prem pkg, bluetooth, heated front seats, ipod interface and dest. chg.)
    Edmunds Invoice Price = $41,511

Dealer says will sell for invoice price (don't know if theirs is different from Edmunds yet and don't know if they plan to add on other charges other than tax, tags, reg.)

In addition to selling for invoice, Audi will subtract another $2000 (conquest/loyalty) off the lease portion of the equation if I lease -- (using the Edmund's invoice price, this brings the lease plus residual total to $39,511 plus tax tags, registration and any etcs.)

Is this good? Any charges etc. I should be aware of?

Thanks
    Any advice on buying "gap" insurance?
    Do I buy from my regular insurance co or Audi?
  • 604doc604doc Member Posts: 182
    I believe Audi includes gap in their leases.
    That is correct - AFS does include GAP coverage on all of its leases. I believe this to be the case with most captive lease banks.

--Jordan
  • mersh123mersh123 Member Posts: 4
    Hello,

I'm new to leasing and looking for some feedback and/or advice.

I received a lease quote for a 2008 Audi A4 2.0T FSI quattro automatic with navigation, the convenience package, and the special edition package (premium package that also includes heated front seats and satellite radio with a 12 month free subscription).

The MSRP of the car is $38800, the dealer invoice is $36523, and the sales person would be willing to sell it for $36000. For a 36 month, 10k lease and only $989.50 due at signing, the monthly payment on the car would be $428 plus MA sales tax (5%), making the total monthly payment $449.

The sales person stated that Audi of America is waiving security deposits on all leases for June, in addition to making the first month's payment. The money due is simply the bank acquisition fee and the plates and documentation fee. There would be no other fees associated with starting the lease.

As I mentioned, I'm new to leasing so any thoughts/feedback would be greatly appreciated. Also, I'm interested in 12 or 15k per year. Any idea how much more that might be?

Thanks so much for the help,
    MS
  • windinmyhairwindinmyhair Member Posts: 1
    I have been looking for an A4 cabriolet in the NYC areas. All the dealers I've been to either have none in stock or only models with all the options (sticker price 51k). Please let me know if anyone has had luck locating A4 cabs in the NYC area and what type of deals they are offering.

Thank you
  • augustus12345augustus12345 Member Posts: 13
    Hi All,

So here it is: Black/Black, Manual, Quattro Special Edition - MSRP 33300

$1750 - out of pocket
    $1000 - trade
    Free scheduled maint.

$415 Per month

Thoughts?
  • prince2100prince2100 Member Posts: 23
    way too high, rip-off. It should be $415 with all fees and taxes and audicare and they pay the 1st month payment. Nothing out of pocket at sign. This is for a A4 SE quattro.
    If you are trading, u should get less then 415,
    I'll be a first time leaser if I go for this deal. What do you think? Here's the whole deal...(Audi - A4 Cab -- discussed above)
    MSRP = 44,575
    Invoice = 41,924
    Sales Price = 40,224
    Add Audi Care, Tax and Tags = $42,287
    MF = .00057
    Also rolling lease acquistion fee of $575 into monthly payments...
    Audi will pay first month's lease payment (pretty close to a wash with the lease acquisition fee).
    0 down/0 security

I haven't decided on the milage yet...but here are the numbers...

10K miles/ 36 mo = $524 mo and $ 25,408 to buy at end of lease
    12K miles/36 mo = $536 mo and $24,695 to buy at end of lease
    15K miles/36mo = $560 mo and $24,070 to buy at end of lease

I'd appreciate comments on the deal and suggestions on the milage to go for... i usually don't put over 10K miles a year on my car, but I think I'll want to drive more with a car that will be so much fun to drive. (Mr. Gore... I'm sorry...!!)
    Everything checks out with the numbers you've given. Although, the residual on the 12k lease is actually $24,965 (56%). Now, it's just a matter of whether or not you can get the dealer to go any lower on the sales price.

Is the price above factoring in the $2,000 Loyalty Cash? If so, you are still $300 above invoice, which may mean you have a little more room to negotiate.
  • anthem2anthem2 Member Posts: 1
    Fairfield Connecticut Audi keeps questioning the $415 number, sales person continues to state that the number on a 32K priced 36 mth, 15K A4 Quattro SE is $460 and change with NY taxes 8.375 and motor vehicle in the price...any advice.
  • 2panther2panther Member Posts: 20
    I would love your salespersons info as well. Thanks!

Carter
  • vl10021vl10021 Member Posts: 3
    This is way too much. I just picked up the car yesterday from Riverside Audi in NJ. 2008 A4Qtr with dolphin gray (which is more expensive paint). Here are my numbers:
    36 months, 12K
    $460 total out of pocket
    $405 per month (tax included)
  • 2panther2panther Member Posts: 20
    What packages are the around $400/month cars having on them? or just base models?
This discussion has been closed.