Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• pazopazo Member Posts: 8
    2009 A4, Quartz grey, Prestige Package, with Navigation. MSRP $43,800. I want to put $5000 Total Drive offs, including any security deposits, down payment, and first month's fee. This is a lease for 36mon, 15,000 miles per year.

$550/mo + tax. Is this a good deal?

What is a good range to look for on this configuration. For Example $300 - $400, where $300/mo is an exeptional deal, and $400 is border line, where you can still get the car, but its border line being a bad deal.

Thank you.
  • helms3helms3 Member Posts: 1
    Trying to lease an A4 Premium+ near Pittsburgh PA. Very limited amount of dealerships and I feel I am being abused basically.

Looking for 15K miles per year

First dealership was not even showing me residuals or money factors just coming up with various different "deals" - none of which were very good. By emailing another dealership I am getting some idea of what they are trying to do to me. They are quoting a money factor of 0.00219 which seems way out of line with the 0.00169 that is being thrown around on here. I assume this is another way they attempt to rip you off. Should I just tell them I want a 0.00169 money factor and walk away if they won't agree?
  • rxkerxke Member Posts: 168
    I received pricing from 2 dealers in the NY area who were pricing the A4 3.2 at around invoice minus some funny money the salesman had. With no money down, 15K per year, 36 months, taxes included in monthly payment, residual with Audicare 55%, money factor .00199, under $700 out the door, the monthly lease was around $625 (don't have the exact figures with me.). The A4 2.0 is also selling for around invoice. Good luck
    Anyone have any ideas on a Prestige with Nav 09 A4 lease pricing? MSRP $43800, 36mo leace w/ 15K mi/yr. With $5000 total drive off, my calculations come out to be $543 + tax @MSRP, and $512 + tax @Invoice ($40,745).

Does this sound right, or does this sound way too expensive when putting $5000 total drive off???
  • li7li7 Member Posts: 10
    Which Audi rebates did you get? and what color is the car?
    The color is Quartz, and no rebates as far as I know. Those are just my calculations, according to Edmunds.com lease calculator. The dealer is giving me $578 + tax. They said the MF is 0.00171 and 50% residual.
    Sorry didn't see the title.
  • ahdannaahdanna Member Posts: 52
    Car_man, anyone - can you pass these numbers along if you have them? I'm hoping to do a deal this weekend if i can work through the numbers. Thanks!
    ----
    Hi - can someone give me the latest MF and residual for the A4 Avant Premium Plus 2.0 Quattro, 3 years, 36K.

I was told 56% / .00192 for Oct and now being quoted 54% / .00212 for Nov. Given the economy I can't see how both the residual and MF would have gotten worse.

Thanks!
    AD
  • woody50woody50 Member Posts: 9
    Wow, it's been nearly 2 years and 30,000 miles since I leased this A4.
    I have had a blast driving it, but I'm ready to turn it in. No mechanical problems. My teenage boys are 6 feet tall (much taller than I am) so fitting in the back seats is too tight. The Audi dealer in Norwell Mass. has been great to deal with.
    I looked at a 2004 AllRoad with 33k miles, but couldn't find an extended warranty program that didn't make me feel like I was being taken advantage of, so I'm looking around until I return my A4
    Carman, the lease deal was sweet, so was the ride.
    Thank you for your advice nearly 2 years ago.
    Still having fun!
    HEEEEELP!!!!I need to know if these numbers are OK. Something seems suspicious, dealer calling me telling me to come over now to get the car.

MSRP $43800 (A4, Prestige pagckage, navi, quartz color)
    $4100 total drive off for 36mo lease w/ 15k miles/yr.
    $540/mo including tax????

HELP please, I don't know if this is a good deal or not?
  • twodomestwodomes Member Posts: 73
    Doesn't look like a good deal at all to me, but you need to include the selling price, money factor and residual for anyone to be able to tell. Total cost of the lease is $23000 which is higher than it should be, even for the prestige package.

BTW, I just got an 08 A6 for much less than that (as in over $5K less). If you are in SoCal let me know and I'll hook you up with an honest salesman.
    MSRP $43800
    36 month lease
    15000mi/yr
    $4100 Total Drive Off (bargained to this from $5000)
    Residual - 50%
    Money Factor - 0.00169
    $540 including tax

Car is A4 with Prestige, Navigation, Quartz

Dealer is telling me this is a very aggressive deal, I'm thinking to go take it, because others were offering in the mid $600s.
  • rjlaerorjlaero Member Posts: 659
    That seems like a pretty decent deal on a 43k prestige A4.

Comparing close out deals on leftover 08 A6's is different than new body 09 A4's.
  • twodomestwodomes Member Posts: 73
    My calcs show he is making a $2300 cap reduction down payment at inception. As Car_Man and countless others have said, this is not a good idea, which is why I am saying this is not a good deal.

I offered the info about getting an A6 as an aside and a comparison of car deals to give a point of reference. That's why I wrote 'BTW' before it.
  • rblack5rblack5 Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking to lease an '09 A4 Prestige Plus in Seattle, WA with these details and was wondering if its as financially sound as its gonna get:

Price: $36844.00
    Down: $2000
    Rate: .00169
    Term: 36mo 15k m/y
    Residual: 0.54
    First month paid

$598.76/mo it just seems like the monthly is a little high
    I think its $500 above invoice, he joked about making the deal at invoice price but it seems like people are getting it for under invoice? Thanks for any help!
  • ChrisA4ChrisA4 Member Posts: 1
    So, I went to the SF car show and absolutely fell in love with the A4. I'm totally new at leasing but it seems like a really good option.

Questions...

1. MF: Is .00169 a good mf. It seems like around 4%. What would be considered to high?
    2. Residual: is 50% or 54% better. I would think the higher the better. Not sure how to calculate this.
    3. Purchace price: What should a person be aiming for? You need to negotiate the purhase price first correct? I hear under invoice is possible... anyone having that experience?

Any small print or "catches" I need to be aware of? Thanks. I'm trying not to get nailed.

The car I'd like to get is the A4 Premium Plus Quatro: MSRP is $37,175 according to the Audi website.

Thanks for any advice!
  • megsfmegsf Member Posts: 6
    Here are the answers to a few of your questions:

1&2. Here is the info for the MF & Residual for a Premium Plus (according to CarMan): 2009 A4 Sedan Premium Plus with 10,000 miles per year are .00169 and 56%, respectively. If you want additional mileage per year (12k or 15k), the MF and residuals change. The higher the residual the better for your lease rate. You want to get the MF and residual the Audi Financing publishes. If they are giving you different numbers (worse numbers), they are trying to make money off of you.
    3. You want to aim for as close to invoice as possible. You do need to negotiate the purchase price first.

I highly recommend Carlsen Audi in Palo Alto. I leased my current '07 A4 from them and had a great experience (paid $101 under invoice, proper MF and residuals; no haggling). Ask for the sales manager. He is great to deal with.

Good luck!
  • santafe7santafe7 Member Posts: 5
    My dealer (only one in my state) is quoting a 52% residual and MF of .00327 on the '09 Avant Prestige (10m/yr). I'd like to confirm those numbers. They are much different from the sedan and Premium Plus. I need to confirm soon since my ordered Avant should arrive shortly. Thanks.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi ahdanna. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 A4 Avant Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00202 and 54%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    You're very welcome, spiff69.

Car_man
    Host
    You're right, atsenb. While this is the absolute worst environment for the auto industry that I have seen in my decades in it, Audi's sales have held up relatively well. I believe that it was the only brand not to have its sales fall in October. Flat sales are like hitting the lottery when everyone else is down like 30%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey ahdanna. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 A4 Avant Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00202 and 54%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • megsfmegsf Member Posts: 6
    Hi Car_man or anyone with end of lease purchase experience,

I am coming to the end of my '07 A4 lease 2.0T Quattro, Premium and Convenience package. The purchase price on my lease is listed as $26,013.55. Adding CA tax onto that, the total payoff is $28,751.21.

Looking on Edmunds and Kelley Blue Book, the trade in value ranges from $23500 (Kelley) to $25350 (Edmunds). Private party value is basically the same from both sources - $26,650. Suggested retail is basically the same from both at $30, 850.

So, the question is, do you think it is worth it to purchase this vehicle? We have only put 12,000 miles on it in the two years of ownership. It is in very good condition. We do have dings on the bumper and hubcaps (which the dealer thinks we will be charged for) but that is about it.

I called AFS and they said they do not negotiate the purchase price. Not sure if this is true but how do I get around that? As for financing deals, they are offering 3.9% on a 36 mo loan, as well as a $1000 gift card. We would most likely finance for a bit then pay it off in a few months (simple interest, no pay off penalty).

At the end of the day, we really like the car. We did get a nice offer on a new A4 but even though we really like it, it is pretty big and we aren't sure we like that aspect of it.

Any input would be great. I appreciate your help!!

Meg
  • jdeluxejdeluxe Member Posts: 2
    I'm ending a 36-mo Premier Purchase on a 2006 Audi 2.0 black, black leather interior, sunroof, 22,000 miles, excellent condition. Haggling with local dealer about turning it in to them and getting into a 2009 A4 Avant Premier Purchase, but the numbers sound fishy to me.

2009 A4 Avant Prestige
    $42,125 ($1,000 off MSRP)
    36 mos
    10,000 miles/yr
    $1,500 loyalty rebate
    $648.02/mo (no tax in OR)
    (Don't have MF or Residual, but hoping to get that today.)

Our A4 Sedan is worth about $24,757 certified used. We owe $20,167 and they offered to make our last payment of $570.

The Avants available in OR are slim pickings, but I still think they ought to be able to make a better offer than this.

What we wanted was a black Premier Plus (which they said would be about $587/mo), but they don't have one in stock and nothing coming. Only silver. I haven't haggled in 3 years and could use your help with how to tackle this and what ballpark is feasible.

Thanks!
  • mariuszkamariuszka Member Posts: 6
    Can anyone tell me if this is good?
    I'm turing in my old 07 A4 for

09 A4 Prem Plus Quart
    36m / 15k
    485 down + taxes + fees = $2854.26 at signing
    $485.01 a month

Thank you
    Thanks for stopping back to let us know how you liked your ride, woody50. I'm glad that you enjoyed it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi santafe7. The money factor that you were quotes is way too high. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 A4 2.0 Avant Prestige with 10,000 miles per year are .00202 and 52%. Of course, the fact that you ordered your car hurts your negotiating position and the fact that this is the only Audi dealer in your state hurts it even more. The dealer is clearly marking your car's money factor up to add hidden profit to your deal. The question is whether you can convince them not to.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Meg. The market for used vehicles, even good ones like the A4, has absolutely imploded. It's so bad that many dealers are refusing to take trade-ins because the value of the vehicles that they take in is falling so quickly that they are almost guaranteed to lose money on them. The end-of-term purchase option prices for leases that are ending now were established during a different market. I suspect that at least 90% of them are higher than the actual market values of equivalent used vehicles right now.

I personally probably wouldn't exercise my purchase option on a leased vehicle at this point, but it might be worth it to try to negotiate with AFS again. Some times consumers who are shut down in their initial attempt to negotiate their vehicles' purchase prices have better luck if they work their way up the ladder to a manager. Give it a shot, you don't have anything to lose.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mariuszka. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. The best way to evaluate this deal is to look at its selling price in relation to its MSRP or its dealer invoice price. This will show you how much of a dealer discount you are being given. Let us know what these numbers are and either myself or another helpful community member will be happy to give you their opinion on this deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • jdeluxejdeluxe Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car man or anyone who can help me.

I have more info and a new price on a new lease for an 09 Avant Quattro Prestige:

MSRP: $43,125
    Invoice: $41,757
    Selling Price: $42,000 ($40,500 minus $1,500 loyalty rebate)
    Acquisition Fee: $625
    Res Value: $20,700
    Money Factor .00222
    Terms: 10K/42 mos
    1st month paid on new loan, last month paid on current lease ($570.03)

They're telling me it's $623.56/mo. Really wanted to spend less money and stick with the Prem Plus, but can't find one in OR. If I try WA, I pay sales tax.

Thanks for any help...
    Your info helped me convince my dealer to use the lower lease MF and save me several thousand dollars. They just said "we were exercising our right to advance the deal in our favor"!

When will December rates be available? The car will probably arrive at the dealership after the end of Nov.

Thanks again.
  • bobrob1bobrob1 Member Posts: 11
    I will be turning in my A4 I ordered a 09 A4 3.2 S-line Here is the deal I have from my dealer on my new lease. Is this a good deal ?Thanks For the help. did get the $1500.off for summer event.

MSRP: $49,550
    LEV% 47%
    Residual: $23,288.50
    Adj. Cap. Cost $43,864.25
    Lease Factor: 0.00210
    Base Pay $630.92
    Tax: $58.68
    Total Pay $689.60
    Down: $6000 ($4,500 from you and $1,500 from Audi)
  • ahdannaahdanna Member Posts: 52
    Hi santafe7,

I believe those are October rates. For example, I was looking at the A4 Avant and the numbers that car_man quoted vs. what is in that posting are different. When i compared it to October they matched up exactly - i didnt take the time to match all cars, but that would be my guess.

AD
    Consider the following: Today's economic times, that horrible money factor of 0.00210, and that this is a 36mo lease. Considering all of that, according to my calculations, I would not pay more than $620/mo.

I just got 09 A4 Prestige with Nav with 15K mi/yr and only $3000 down for $518 incl tax. The MSRP was $44,500.
  • RonA13RonA13 Member Posts: 37
    Hi everyone,

I am considering a new Audi either A4 or A6. I have an A4 lease that is will go back mid-Dec so I will qualify for the $1500 loyalty cash. In addition, I quality for the Audi Supplier Discount program though my employer. I was wondering how this figures in with other discounts, incentives and possible negotiations? Should I be able to negotiate a price and then get the supplier discount and loyalty cash on top of that?

Thanks,

Ron
    Thanks Pazo really appreciate that. will talk to my sales associate to see if we can't come to a better deal. He is telling me that the s-line are just hard to get but this seems a little high. It didn't help that I had to special order this car..Thanks again for the advice.
  • ericd12ericd12 Member Posts: 7
    Dealers are being pretty aggressive with their inventory in the Northeast. Just leased an A4 2.0T Quattro with the Prestige package and metallic paint - MSRP of 41,300 and invoice of 38,419, negotiated price to 37,000. Using AFS for the lease - dealer claimed there was no negotiating of the residual and money factor which seemed a bit odd. Dont have the details in front of me be can follow up if anyone is interested.
    Dealers are independent businesses and do not have to conform to Audi buy rates. My dealer flat out lied to me at first about the "Audi" rates that could not be changed. Turns out the Money Factor quoted was "dealer" rates and a point above what Audi's are. Information is difficult to find and the dealers take full advantage of the customer because of that. I got a lot of fast talking in the attempt to conceal and confuse.
  • azuayazuay Member Posts: 7
    this is the deal I am considering:

http://www.socalaudidealers.com/audi/regional_aoa/socal/extra_hero.html

is this really zero due at signing? I don't need to bring a checkbook?

Also, what happens if I give up the car sometime during the lease? What am I liable for if I return the car prior to lease end?
  • li7li7 Member Posts: 10
    How did you manage to go 1500 under invoice, did you have a previous A4 to return, for the audi loyalty cash?
  • canes320canes320 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man

I am going to make a deal on an A4 2.0 quattro sedan, either Premium or Premium Plus. Do you have the Audi Financial buy rate lease money factor and residual for each with 12k miles and 36 month term?

Your help would be greatly appreciated as I think my dealer is playing with the numbers.
  • ericd12ericd12 Member Posts: 7
    I assumed I would get the 1500 loyalty cash since I returned an A6 in October and that was my 3rd Audi from the same dealer in a row (thats being pretty loyal!). I was told that I did not qualify for the loyalty cash because I returned an A6 and the programs start/end dates - I thought that was rediculous!
    Going in I believed most dealers would be happy to move their current inventory at invoice right now and I would get the 1500 off - so thats the deal I offered them to take a car off their hands that day. After some back and forth they agreed.
    Hey car-man any advice on this deal ThiS is a 3.2 A4 S-LINE 42 MONTHS 12 K A YEAR

MSRP: $49,550
    LEV% 47%
    Residual: $23,288.50
    Adj. Cap. Cost $43,864.25
    Lease Factor: 0.00210
    Base Pay $630.92
    Tax: $58.68
    Total Pay $689.60 WITH TAXES
    Down: $6000 ($4,500 from you and $1,500 from Audi)
  • MLB999MLB999 Member Posts: 12
    Any feedback on this proposed deal would be greatly appreciated (New Jersey):

A4 Convertible - only extras are Heated Seats, Metallic Paint, & iPOD connection

MSRP: $45,125
    Sell Price: $43,500

36 month, 15,000 miles
    $850 out of pocket (current Audi promotion - no security, no first month?)
    $638/month

To add navigation & convenience package: $677/month
  • mikeeaumikeeau Member Posts: 5
    thanks for all the help from this board. here's my deal from yesterday...
    A4 Quattro Premium Plus and nav and audicare
    36 mo
    15k/yr
    MSRP 40025
    Sale price 35,900
    $0 down
    .00169 MF
    54% residual
    $605/mo and that incl. 6% tax on total sale price of car

i hope this helps
  • peichenpeichen Member Posts: 4
    Hi mikeeau,
    Is $36,900 include the $1,500 loyal discount? also what is your total drive-off payment?

I went to dealer for quotation, I got the followings,
    09 A4 premium plus, deep sea blue
    36 M
    12k/ yr
    MSRP 38900
    2,500 drive off
    $580/ mo without tax

I know there are rooms for negotiation. Thanks for your help.
  • ugv22ugv22 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man,
    Would you be able to provide the latest MF and Residuals numbers for the A4 Prestige and Premium Plus Trims / 36mo / 10,000 miles per yr lease deals?
    A dealer in NJ offered the Prestige for $41,500 sales price, no money down, $469 out of pocket up front, and a monthly payment of $699 after taxes. The Premium Plus sales price was $39,011 and monthly payment of $619.
    Both of these deals sound really high to me.

Thanks.
  • mikeeaumikeeau Member Posts: 5
    hi peichen

the $35,900 did not include the $1500 loyalty because i was not a previous Audi owner. however, there was a $1000 competition conquest credit because i was a previous Acura owner. also, there was absolutely $0 drive-off. right now Audi is paying the first month lease payment. all my taxes and fees were included in the monthly.
    i'd push for a $0 down deal if i were you.
  • webbawebba Member Posts: 30
    Thank you for this discussion forum's help!!
    I got my 09' A4 2.0T black on black with Premium +, nav and sport package a week ago from a local dealer in MD. An exact match of what I was looking for and the only one in the area. Details are below:

MSRP: $41,475.00
    Selling Price: $39,084.00 ($500 over edmund’s invoice/$100 over the dealer's invoice)
    Costs Added to Lease: $3,941.00 (Tax-$2,345.00; Tags/Title-$331.00; Audi Care-$650, & Acq Fee- $615)
    Cap. Cost Reduction: $650
    Residual Value: 55% + 1% (for Audi Care)= 56%
    MF: 0.00169

$650 due at signing, First month free
    Monthly payment of $642.00 (including 6% tax)

The dealer's initial offer was a monthly payment of $690.00. It took about two weeks to get to the final offer. Since it was the only one in the area and also not wanting to wait for a delivery of an order, I pulled the trigger.
This discussion has been closed.