Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

I cant belive GM deleted the sliding back window on Silverado / Sierra

shum1shum1 Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Chevrolet
Whats gm's problem. Some people need to be able
to get in the back. This is MORE than a minor
inconvienence for me. I dont want any dealer
installed leaking aftermarket deal on my new truck.
Im gonna have to go elsewhere.

Comments

• timothyadavistimothyadavis Member Posts: 322
    since the sliding window was deleted, it must be really irritating (and darmed uncomfortable in weather extremes) to have the air coming in all the time like that! ;-)

Tim (an equal opportunity smart aleck)
  • markbuckmarkbuck Member Posts: 1,021
    My '99 cracked around the frame. I have a 2001HD on order and noticed the same thing.

I figure they are working on the problem with a supplier, but aren't ready to put em on.
  • bcobco Member Posts: 756
    ...have a solid rear window with no cracking/leaking problems...personal preference??? perhaps. one advantage of the gm line is the largest interior space extended cab. one disadvantage is that the company they contracted to make the slider couldn't figure the amount of flex stress that their windows would incur. you have to choose what is more important...

bco
  • mledtjemledtje Member Posts: 1,123
    I have a GM sliding rear window in my 99. The frame is cracked, and I have an appointment to get it replaced.

The rear slider wasn't available when I ordered my 2000, so I got a plain window and had a CR Laurence rear slider installed later. I like the CR Laurence window better than the factory rear slider. It has a metal frame, and seems better made.

It was around $200 installed for the window and I'm happy with it.

Mike L
  • ryanbabryanbab Member Posts: 7,240
    Just put in an aftermarket.

Ryan
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    from the cab flex?
  • greggauchogreggaucho Member Posts: 62
    Does anyone make an aftermarket power slider? Do the aftermarket windows look as good as the factory?
  • ryanbabryanbab Member Posts: 7,240
    Some people put in the power sliders like greg has mentioned never heard of any cracks. Only bad thing is cost $$$

Ryan
  • vince4vince4 Member Posts: 1,268
    My 2000 slider had a cracked frame. I just had it replaced last week. You can't tell the new one isn't factory, it's exactly the same. Now I'm waiting for it to crack.
  • mgdvhmanmgdvhman Member Posts: 4,157
    ...and I wanted a slider big time on my 2500...but complained the LT didn't have it.....good thing eh?

.....while I would like the air flow....I have gotten by without it...

- Tim
  • greggauchogreggaucho Member Posts: 62
    When I was a lot younger I used the slider in my dad's old '77 Ford to go back into our camper on trips. I thought it was so weird and stupid that sliders weren't standard. But I guess now, about 20 years later and 100+ more pounds, I probably won't be using the dinky little window they give you with today's sliders anyway. At least this way I won't feel bad that I can't get my fat *** through the window.
  • RoclesRocles Member Posts: 982
    I guess with all of the yuppies driving pretty Chevies nowadays, they want the mousse to stay in place on their head? Tim--any thoughts? LOL!
  • mgdvhmanmgdvhman Member Posts: 4,157
    Moose I know has big [non-permissible content removed] horns...

- Tim
  • meredithmeredith Member Posts: 575
    Please use your SEARCH function....

and join a Silverado topic already in progress. Thanks!

Front Porch Philosopher
    SUV, Pickups, & Aftermarket and Accessories Host
This discussion has been closed.