Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• RonA13RonA13 Member Posts: 37
    All,

Here is my current deal. Please let me know what you think. I am pretty sure the price of the car can come down some (I know I can get a better price using the supplier discount program) and it is before my $1500 loyalty. Is the residual on this deal correct?

I hope you can bear with me while I review the following parameters. You are leasing a 2009 A4 2.0 with a term of 36 months at 15k miles per year. You want a Ibis White with Black interior.

MSRP Lease Price

A4 $39,025.00 $37,104.00

Premium Plus

Sport Package

Residual .53

Money Factor .00169

Total Due at signing 147.65 Audi waives 1st month lease payment and $ 0 Sec. Deposit due. Remainder is our fee and 1st month

with sales tax of 9%

Total Monthly Payment $575.53 for 35 months
  • bobrob1bobrob1 Member Posts: 11
    know if you're interested, I'll need a credit card to secure this pricing scenario. Thanks,

Model Year: 2009
    Model: 8K256L A4 2.0 SEDAN 4-DR AUTO QUATTRO
    Exterior Color: X5X5 METEOR GRAY PEARL EFFECT
    Interior Color: QF BLACK - S LINE
    Options: 0LM CALIFORNIA EMISSIONS
    6W9 FRONT PLATE FILLER PANEL
    PQX S LINE SPORT PACKAGE
    WPT PRESTIGE

MSRP 43,500
    MY PRICE 42,100

3000 DRIVE OFF
    36 12K
    $610.OO MONTH INCLUDES TAXES.

IS THIS A GOOD DEAL THANKS FOR ANY HELP.
  • toyoman8toyoman8 Member Posts: 114
    here is my quote from Houston, Texas
    A4

MSRP: $35,005
    Your BEST price $33,499
    Residual Value 57%
    Money Factor .0025
    Req. Fees : Zero down - security deposit waived
    Mos Payment $561 First payment made by Audi (so, 35 months instead of 36)
  • md_outbackmd_outback Member Posts: 185
    Hey webba, which MD dealer was this? Did you get an Internet quote or did you negotiate in person. If in person, how much hassle was it? Thanks.

MD
  • toyoman8toyoman8 Member Posts: 114
    what is a tier 1 credit score at AUDI, some dealer told it's 830
  • webbawebba Member Posts: 30
    Got mine from Criswell, and it was all done on-line. The sales manager was not easy to negotiate with, especially after he found out he is the only dealer with the particular car I was looking for. They were not even willing to match an offer I got from another local dealer (Len Stoler). Even though Len Stoler did not have the car, they offered the $500 above invoice on their first offer, and they tried to get the car from Criswell. Criswell was not willing to give up the car claiming that it was too rare, and they finally (after two weeks) decided to match Len Stoler's offer. Len Stoler was still willing to get me a similar car (not an exact match) at the same price.
  • md_outbackmd_outback Member Posts: 185
    Thanks for the info. I've done a lot of business with Len Stoler Lexus and they are super easy to deal with. When it's time, I might use that connection to go to Len Stoler Audi next door to Lexus. Enjor your A4.
  • spoon7spoon7 Member Posts: 4
    Had you replaced any of your tires during your lease or were they all original? I heard they charge you if any tires have less than 1/8 inch of tread left.
  • audia409audia409 Member Posts: 3
    This is the deal that i took for my Audi Lease:

Audi A4 Premium (with bluetooth, heated seats, wood grain interior, garage door opener, in dash 6 cd changer)
    15,000mi per year
    0$ down, but i paid all taxes and fees upfront (1,089)
    440 a month
    MSRP: was around 35,500
    Residual was around 19,300

Sorry i do not have the exact numbers in front of me.

What do you all think of that deal?
    Hi guys, just leased a new '09 A4 and wanted the forum's opinion on these two add-ons that I got - are they worth it or for suckers?

Audi Care covers all maintenance through an Audi dealer and costs $650. But since the cost was capitalized and the residual is raised by 1%, it only costs me $10 more per month or $360 total through my 36 month lease. Scheduled maintenance is for 5K, 15K, 25K and 35K but the 5K oil change is free, so if I didn't have Audi Care I would've only had to pay for three services. So with my $360 cost I'm essentially paying for only three services. Now I know that if I actually took my car into Audi for these services without Audi Care it would probably come out to more than $360, but I could also just get oil changes for $60-80 in which case I would've saved money without the Audi Care. And since I'm turning in the car after 3 years anyway, do I really need to baby it that much by taking it in for full Audi services?

Excess wear & tear protection (the cheapest package) covers all wear & tear charges (dings, dents, tires, rims, lights, windshield cracks, etc) at the end of the lease for up to $5,000. It cost me an extra $13.46/mo or $485 total over the life of my lease. I plan on taking care of my car but justified this in that if I had to replace all four tires at the end of my lease, it would cost more than that $485. Plus I get covered for any dings/dents/scrapes I might get along the way. But then I was thinking, if I have to replace my tires before the lease is up (say at 25k or 30k miles) then this excess wear & tear protection is worthless (only covers you for end of lease charges, not charges you incur during your lease). Also, if I get an ugly ding or dent early on and I want to fix it, it's also a waste. So it's basically only worth it if, right before the end of my lease, I use up all the tread on my tires and/or get a bunch of dings/dents?? What do you guys think?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    The AudiCare is a no-brainer..

I've only had excess wear and tear charges on one of my eight leases... And, that was only $70.. so, I'm not sure I would purchase the insurance, but that is more a personal choice (like an extended warranty).

It's not an exorbitant amount, in any case..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• twodomestwodomes Member Posts: 73
    Hey spoon,

I got both packages you mentioned as well. I agree with kydfx that the audicare is a definite yes. On my last Audi lease, even the 15K service done at an independent dealer was $200. Also, if you're in CA, you can get a refund for the portion you don't use. My understanding was also that you have to have the services done every 10K miles, ie it's not optional and you get charged at lease end if not, but I could be wrong on that.

For the second package, I think I overpaid. My wear/tear was $845 for $5k coverage and $1k/per line item of damage w/$0 deductible. Can you tell me what company is providing the insurance? I have 60 days to cancel and so i might switch out of mine and try to find yours! The company mine is from is called American Auto Guardian.
  • a499a499 Member Posts: 7
    Hi all, wanted to get your input to see if you think this sounds like a good deal, planning on putting a deposit down tomorrow (Chicago area):

- Brilliant Black/Black 2.0 Prestige w/ Navigation $43,335
    - 42 month lease
    - 20,000 miles/year
    - $3,580 total out the door
    - $635/month
    - Audi Care
    - Plus..they're paying the last payment of $450 on my current TL lease

I've been negotiating for a couple weeks now. What do you think???
    I saw some other posts on here saying you can just get oil changes at those 10k service intervals and you should be fine. So I guess Audi Care is only worth it if you really want to get the full services at Audi. I'm not sure what Audi services include that you really need, besides maybe tire rotations.

As for the excess wear and tear, I don't see much on the company providing it, the dealer made it seem like it was straight from Audi; the document says IM&A Group on it so maybe that's the company (I got my car from Pacific Audi in South Bay). There are four different tiers, from Economy to Basic to Value to Preferred. The package I got was the Economy and the price was $422. The other tiers were much more expensive. My plan covers up to $5k of damage with a $0 deductible.
  • twodomestwodomes Member Posts: 73
    Thanks very much for the info. I am in LA so I am going to try to cancel my excess plan and get the one you mentioned from Pacific... it's JM&A I think, as I found a company by that name. This is definitely not straight from Audi. My dealer claimed that American Autoguard had a partnership with Audi, but I am guessing there are multiple companies doing business with them.
  • ceg1ceg1 Member Posts: 11
    42 months
    12 K per year
    $680 due at signing
    $545 per month (and this is rolling in 2 remaining current lease payments of $626 each).

Is this a good deal?
  • thebugster1thebugster1 Member Posts: 1
    What is the total price of the car you are going to lease?
  • max_andersonmax_anderson Member Posts: 37
    I'm looking for the December residual and mf on a 2009 Audi A4 Avant w/Premium Plus and navigation. It's a 36-month lease with 15K per year. Anyone have this information?

Thanks in advance.
  • bellefaxbellefax Member Posts: 10
    My lease on a 2006 A4 is up in 6 months. If I decide to keep the car are there incentives available? How are interest rates from Audi Financial when purchasing off-lease cars?

Car details:
    - 2006 A4 2.0T quattro
    - navigation,bluetooth,homelink,xenon lights,bose audio,satellite radio,leather,sunroof
    - 24K miles at lease end (my lease allows 36K)
    - residual is $22,797
    Picking up car first thing tomorrow and this is the deal i am getting any advice would be great.

2009 A4 PRESTIAGE PACK S-LINE
    19 INCH WHEELS
    ONLY CAR IN SEATTLE WOULD HAVE TO ORDER WITH OTHER DEALERS
    ICE SILVER BLACK SPORT SEATS.
    3000 OUT OF POCKET
    36 MONTHS LEASE
    12K AYEAR
    PAYMENTS $612 A MONTH INCLUDES TAXES audi paying 1st payment.

BEEN NEGOTIATING WITH 3 DEALERS THIS WAS BEST DEAL.

THANKS ON ANY HELP.
  • manualleasemanuallease Member Posts: 1
    I'm planning on entering into a lease for an A4 2.0T quattro, but am struggling as to whether I should wait and see what comes in when dealers take delivery of the December orders in Feb./Mar. or to special order the exact car I want. How much leverage will I lose by agreeing to terms (i.e. sale price, lease payments) on the exact car I want now vs. waiting to pick from what will be coming in later this winter? Can I get the dealers best price before the car arrives in stock?

Thanks,

Manuallease
  • ceg1ceg1 Member Posts: 11
    It is just north of $37K
  • nebatuganebatuga Member Posts: 9
    I have the same questions. My 07 A4 lease expires end of this month, but the dealer says it's no problem to extend the current terms for a few months if a new A4 is on order. The estimate on delivery is 70-90 days after you place the order. No word yet on pricing for 6 speed MT or Frontrak, but supposedly this information will come soon.

What's confusing to me is how to consider present or future incentive programs in making a deal on an ordered car. Do you have to commit to the exact terms when you order? Can you change your mind while waiting for the car? Would the dealer be less likely to sell close to invoice on a car "on order"? Clearly buyers have the advantage in this economy, but I don't want to give up that advantage just because I want a manual transmission and don't really need quattro. Thanks.
    I had a 07 lease that I was in the same position. ordered a 2009 A4 2.0 S-LINE They told me I would have to wait until february to get the car because I special ordered it My lease was up this month. called Audi they told me they would extend the lease for up to 6 months. Here is the problem Audi has a loyalty program in December for any turned in lease you get $1500 Rebate along with the Audi summer event.(Audi pays 1st month,no fees)you will save alot of money doing it this month.

I would try to find a car this month if you can. did the only thing I had to give up was the 3.2 to a 2.0 which was fine for me. So it really comes down to you Hope this helps.Also, it will be hard to negotiate a good price on a special ordered car,that is what I found..Good luck
  • jeff116jeff116 Member Posts: 2
    I just got a quote for a 2009 A4 2.0 with premium plus, red exterior, black interior.
    36 month lease, 12k miles per year
    55% residual
    Not sure what the MF is but the dealer said the interest was 4.8%
    $1000 down
    $616.94 for 35 months (first month free, includes tax),
    sell price on this is $36,269 (msrp $37,525)
    Apparently I don't qualify for the Audi $1500 loyalty as the original maturity date was back in Sept.
    Is this a fair deal. I'd appreciate any feedback
  • jamby1jamby1 Member Posts: 9
    I found the Dec. Audi lease rates on Roadfly and for the car I WAS looking at, the 09 A4 3.2 Prestige, the money factor was raised from .00169 to .00199. Back to BMW.
  • 09_Audi_Fan09_Audi_Fan Member Posts: 17
    That dealer is ripping you off. My 09 Audi 2.0 Quattro w/ Premium Plus + Navigation cost:
    MSRP: $40,025
    Edmunds Invoice: $37,237
    My Price: $35,129

The 55% residual is correct for 12K miles. However, he's charging too much on the money factor. It should be 0.00169 x 2400 = 4.056%.
  • jeff116jeff116 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for your comments 09 Audi Fan. How did you manage to get the price so far below invoice? i.e. Was it a demo model? Did you get the Audi loyalty discount?
    I just picked up my car Ice silver MSRP 44,1100 negotiated with 3 dealers got the car for 40,500.I own a 09 Q7 4.2 and turned in a Audi A4 07 lease..Sl-line Risidual are higher never can understand way.Well worth it love the car.

They were not going to give me loyalty program because my mature date was Jan 14th and the $1500 loyalty stats your return must be by Jan 1st.I sent GM a e-mail stating way I should get rebate He agreed talked to Audi Rep and got it. am a huge Audi fan and both cars I have through Audi Financial.

Dealer was honest and this car is hard to find. Audi sales were up 7% last month so they are not coming off cars to much,but most dealers still want to move inventory. Good luck to all.
  • bellefaxbellefax Member Posts: 10
    Just following up: Does anyone know what interest rates Audi is offering when buying out leased cars? (... and will they negotiate the purchase price or am I bound to the residual stated on my lease contract?)
  • jbond3jbond3 Member Posts: 7
    Since Audi currently offers 2.9% for 60 months on CPOs you could buy back leased car from a dealership at that rate.
  • nalenale Member Posts: 12
    Hi all,
    What do you think of this deal?

2009 A4 Premium Plus
    Phantom Black Pearl/Black
    36 months, 10k miles/year
    MF: .00169
    Residual: 57%
    MSRP: $38,000
    Selling price: $36,000
    Drive off costs: $1555
    Monthly payment: $575

I'm in the Philadelphia area. Thanks.
  • trkr22trkr22 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

Just took delivery of a 2.0 Premium Plus in Aruba Blue Premium with a Cardamom Beige interior, wood inlays, and navigation/camera.
    MSRP = $40,075.00

36 months / 12K miles per yr

$1048 on delivery (bank fee, doc fee, tire fee, registration)
    Monthly payment = $545.51 with NJ tax

I received a $1500 cap cost reduction as a loyalty discount from Audi. Also, the first month's payment is on Audi.

Even without my $1500 loyalty discount, it looks like my deal is better than yours.

I didn't deal with a dealer. Instead, I used a service which does all the legwork and haggling for you. You just tell them which car you want. They then find the best supplier for the car you're looking for. They deliver the car and dealer paperwork to your home. Once the deal is done, it's as if you dealt directly with the dealer they set up the deal with and you're just like any one of their customers - except for the fact that you spent thousands less over the course of the lease. This is my fourth lease with them. Their name is "Supreme Leasing". Here is their listing on google.
  • trkr22trkr22 Member Posts: 2
    Correction: Supreme Leasing.
    listing is here.
  • MrShadeMrShade Member Posts: 5
    I am turning in my '07 A4 this week sometime and have spoken to dealership and my previous salesman briefly about a new deal.

This is first proposal

list msrp $38000
    zero out of pocket
    residual 49% $18620.00
    42 month
    15k miles per year
    $589.17 per month

or

$2600 cash down same deal and $518.80 per month

It just doesn't look right to me. Car Man, do you have an opinion?

I had a demo over the weekend and bring it in tomorrow and was hoping to get it over with so I didn't have to waste more of my time with more visits than needed. They're moving a few cars here so may be tougher to deal with, I don't know. Told me $200 over invoice but wrote proposal with full MSRP amount.

THANKS!
  • 09_Audi_Fan09_Audi_Fan Member Posts: 17
    I e-mailed the fleet manager with the terms and price I wanted and he countered with $2K below invoice. No negotiations. Car is brand new. Did not get loyalty discount. Audi pays 1st month lease.
    Times are tough and dealers are desperate. Someone on the MB forum got a 08 Mercedes C350 for $8K below invoice. My co-worker got a 08 Infiniti G35 fully loaded for $28K+tax.
    Posted deal before but need to get some info before Wednesday when I return my '07 A4.

New lease of 09 A4 2.0 Premium Plus

$38,000 msrp
    42 Month (don't know why, asked for 36)
    $586.00
    sign & drive

or

$2600 down
    $518.00
    49% residual

Look right to anyone in the know?

Thanks again. Posted again.
  • carrera993carrera993 Member Posts: 26
    Mr. Shade -- believe me, there is no dealer in the country that is tough to deal with in this economy. Do not do any lease deal without knowing (to the penny) your capitalized cost (what you are buying the car for...not "X over invoice"...find out the exact $ amount including destination and any other capitalized fees), the MSRP, the lease money factor and residual value. Knowing these amounts, plus adjustments like sales tax, will enable you to use any online lease calculator to determine whether you are getting a fair deal.

Post each of those here, and board folks can weigh in. If the dealer will not give you all that info, in writing, then do not do a lease deal with that dealer until you have that information and are able to vet it with others. Otherwise, you are likely to get screwed in the capitalized cost and/or the money factor.

Go slow...better to rent a car from Enterprise for a couple of days than to hurry up and sign a crappy lease. Good luck.
  • A4inNCA4inNC Member Posts: 1
    Turning in my 2007 A4, looking at leasing a 2009, but unsure if I am getting a good deal, details below.

2009 A4 Premium
    MSRP - $35820
    Sale price- $32355
    Money Factor - .00169
    Residual - 58%
    Money down - $660
    Base Monthly - $448
    Total - $461.44
    36 Months, 12000 miles per yr, Includes Audi Care
    I am in Charlotte, NC
    Can anyone tell me if this sounds like an ok deal, would really like to upgrade to Premium Plus, but want to stay in the 450 month area
    THANKS !
    Hi Car_Man, can you post the current (Dec) Audi money factor and residual for an A4 Prestige, 36 months, 15k per year? Many thanks in advance.
    Thanks carrera993.

I appreciate the wake up call. I have seen none of those figures at all. The only numbers he has shown me are the ones I posted.

Why has he bumped this to 42 months? I really can wait until the end of the year to do the deal, I just wanted to get it over with but not at the cost of a thousand bucks or more it looks like.

When I contacted him last night he said he had room to move $25 a month.and when I asked why he was using the full MSRP on the worksheet he said he really was not. That is a little confusing in itself.

When I said he might be tough, they are selling cars right now or at least last weekend when the weather was better. Right now it is almost 20 below and I don't think traffic will continue as it was.

Where would I want to be on an 09 A4 2.0 Premium Plus MSRP $40,800 on a 36 month 15K lease if anyone can tell me?

Thanks again

Rick
    Does anyone know if it is possible to lease an 08 A4 that are in stock and discounted?

I am being lead to believe you cannot. It was just a passing thought but I still want to know if it is possible.

I have an 07 that is due to be returned at months end.

Thanks,

Rick
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi jdeluxe. The money factor that you were quoted is right and you are being given a good selling price on this car. Those are the two main profit centers for dealers on leases. Unfortunately, this is probably the best that you are going to be able to do on this car right now, or very close to it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    I just got two quotes on an A4 at $150-200 over invoice. If you can do your deal close to invoice, with the lease factor and residual % straight off he Audi Finance sheet, then you'll be fine.
    You're very welcome, santafe7. I'm glad that I was able to help you out. Audi Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2009 A4 2.0T Sedan is .00169.

Car_man
    Host
    Yes, azuay, Audi is running a Sign & Drive lease promotion on the 2009 A4 right now. This offer waives the first month's payment and security deposit on leases through Audi Financial Services. You can probably roll the acquisition fee and any other taxes or fees into your car's capitalized cost to make this a true $0 due at signing lease if you'd like.

Don't count on being able to just walk away from this car mid-lease though. It is usually fairly expensive to get out of leases well before their scheduled end dates.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi canes320. Here's the information that you're looking for. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of an '09 A4 2.0T Sedan Premium with quattro and 12,000 miles per year are .00169 and 57%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a Premium Plus are .00169 and 55%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi bobrob1. Let me begin by saying that $4,500 is too much money to put down when leasing. I always advise consumers against making large down payments on leases. Those who make them risk losing part or all of them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Even though it means that this car's monthly payment will be a little higher, it would be much safer to go with a zero down lease.

The money factor that you were quoted looks about right, it is now .00199 in December, but it is difficult for me to tell if the capitalized cost that you mentioned is a good deal. Is the $43,864 before or after the down payment has been taken into account?

Car_man
    Host
    Congratulations on getting your new A4, mikeeau. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. If you haven't already, make sure to stop by the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with others as well. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ugv22. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 A4 2.0T Prestige Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are .00169 and 53%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '09 A4 2.0T Premium Plus Sedan are .00169 and 56%.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.