Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    I'm glad that I was able to help you out and that you've found this forum so helpful, 09a4quattro. Congratulations on getting your new A4. It looks like you got a good deal. Thanks for taking the time to share the details with everyone. If you'd like, you can hop on over to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with others as well in the Dealer Ratings & Reviews. Enjoy your sweet new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hey jd25. Here you go. Audi Financial Services' February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 A4 Premium Plus Sedan with quattro and 15,000 miles per year are .00090 and 50%, respectively. This car's 12,000 mile per year residual value is 2% higher and its 10k resid is 3% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi vwG60x. $1,000 under dealer invoice is an excellent selling price for a leased A4 right now. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 A4 Sedan Prestige with quattro and 12,000 miles per year are .00090 and 49%, respectively.

I'm not sure how the addition of the S-Line package impacts this car's residual value. It definitely does not improve it. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it knocked 1% off of it.

Car_man
    Host
    Congratulations on getting your new A4, audia409. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. If you haven't done so already, you can also hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds and share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience as well. Enjoy your new ride :) .

Car_man
    Host
    Hi 09A4forme. This car's selling price looks excellent. The money factor that you were quoted is great too, as long as you are having your car's security deposit waived. If you like the vehicle, I personally don't see any reason not to pull the trigger on this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey jd25. Please see post #2598 for the info that you're looking for. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
  • nebatuganebatuga Member Posts: 9
    I know there are quite a few folks out there who have ordered an A4 with 6 speed manual transmissions. From what I understand, the best current estimate of when 6MTs will show up in the US is late March, early April. Since leasing programs seem to change monthly, I'm wondering how those who have ordered these cars are thinking about leases. That is, are you so certain you want the car that you're OK with whatever the money factor, residuals, selling price, and so forth will be during the month you take delivery? In this economy, I think it's reasonable to believe the terms aren't going to get worse for the consumer, but who knows? Are you confident enough that you can predict the deal you'll get when the car comes in that a few dollars one way or the other won't matter?
  • jd25jd25 Member Posts: 43
    Car_man, thanks!

What are the money factor and residual for non-quattro FWD A4 with premium option on 36 mo lease for 10k, 12k and 15k?
  • 09A4forme09A4forme Member Posts: 6
    HELP!!!

After locking in the original deal in my previous post, I told the few dealerships that were still emailing me that I've already locked in my deal. One dealership asked if I was willing to reconsider the EXACT SAME CAR except without wood trim and his offer would be:

$2000 total drive off and 479 WITH tax

The original offer is:

$2000 total drive off and 535 with tax

He told me that the car was "in the port" and that he could get it in by next Wednesday but if I came in and signed this weekend, he would lend me a car and then deliver when the proposed car came in.

The original dealership I struck my deal with said there's no way they can match that and the best they could do is throw in Audi care for free. He said he was skeptical about the other dealerships offer and to be careful. I'm not sure what to believe. Anyone have any thoughts?
  • vwG60xvwG60x Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car_man,

Thanks for the input. It was really helpful. I was of the impression that a loaded car will be a lot more valuable at the end of the lease. :confuse:

Anyway, seems like the S-line package further depresses the residual....might as well just buy the car. With less than 50% residual, I will be paying half the value of the car in 3 years vs. buying the car and paying 60% in 3 years. Monthly payments don't change much by just spreading 10% of the cost over 36 months.

What do you think?

Thanks again.
    vwG60x
  • smc2smc2 Member Posts: 2
    I have a question about A4 for End-of-Lease situation. The car is within one month of lease-end period:

1. A VW dealer states that it can buy my leased A4 from VW Finance directly for $18.4k, which is about $3,000 lower than my lease-end buy-out option amount of $21.4K. The VW dealer states that the moment it is buying car from VW Finance, I am removed of any lease-related liability (Is this really true?)

2. According to a dealer recommendation for "money-saving tips", I was asked to bring in a potential buyer of the leased car, who will buy the car from the VW dealer almost immediately after the VW dealer buys the car from VW Finance.

3. I found the buyer and arranged him with the VW dealership.

4. The VW dealer states that because it is buying the car directly from VW Finance without turning in the car back to the VW Finance, I will not be charged of any end-of-lease turn-in fees and excess wear-and-tear fees.

My question is this: who is really eating the $3,000 cost difference? I understand that VW dealers have a better wholesale deal access to end-of-lease Audi's, but do I really get to walk away from the car, like this dealer is suggesting? Or is this VW dealer misleading me in any way or form?
    2009 A4 non-quattro CVT premium plus, 10K, 36 mo lease
    msrp: $35,525
    sale price: $32,500
    Audi care: $650
    money factor: 0.00104
    residual: 55%

monthly payment $468 with tax.
    Drive off with $1924 that includes, first mo payment $468, security deposit $475 and lic/taxes.

How is this deal? This is in So Cal.
  • cstabilecstabile Member Posts: 29
    Car_man,

I know you have posted this before, but I saw two different sets of numbers and am now confused. So, could you please repost residual and mf for '09 2.0 a4 prestige with 15k for 36 months? Thanks. Also, I hear that Audi loan rates are 2.9% for 48mo and 60mo loans. Can you please confirm if this is true? Thanks.
  • marker70marker70 Member Posts: 12
    Hi Car Man,

can you please give me the February money factor and residual value for a 2009 Audi 3.2 Quattro Prestige. I'm plainning on doing a 36 month lease with 10k miles/yr.

Is it possible to get this car below invoice and if so, how much below? I'm in the MD/DC/VA area.

Thanks in Advance.
    This is my first time leasing. Can someone tell me if the standard warranty such as 3 years/36,000 miles bumper to bumper etc warranty also apply in a leased car? In other words, if I find problem with the engine or transmission after couple of months of leasing would Audi repair it as part of the warranty?

Thanks!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,588
    Warranties are no different on leased cars...

Also, your responsibilities are no different as a lessee, than as an owner. You must also maintain and repair the car as needed.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• dividondividon Member Posts: 1
    What do you think about this deal:

2009 Audi A4 3.2 Prestige
    Phantom Black
    Lease 15,000 miles/year, 36 months
    Includes Navigation Package with Camera
    Includes Audi Care Package ($650 value)

MSRP $46,725.00 (I think).

$1,000 on signing (Includes mandatory 1st payment etc.).. Most other drive-off fees (bank acquisiton etc.) are rolled into the payment. So there's approx. $2,000 that would usually be paid up front in the payment.

Payment:
    $730 / mo without tax
    $791 / mo with tax (CA 8.25%)

If I would have paid the drive-off fees up front it would have been under $700.

What do you think? Is this a good deal? I don't have any other detailed numbers.
  • rbergmandcrbergmandc Member Posts: 16
    Some guidance would be great ! Looking between the A4 and BMW 328xi
    I am in the NY metro area.. can anyone give me ideas on what i should expect on a lease. terms below

36 months
    15k miles
    premium plus

taxes rolled into the lease.. i won't put money down.. so drive off should be 1st month, bank, reg?

Can anyone help.. looking to get this car in the next 2 weeks..

Also.. what do people think it compares to the BMW
  • rbergmandcrbergmandc Member Posts: 16
    just to update.. this is the deal i just got off the phone with.. wonder if CARMAN can help me !!

A4 2.0q premium plus
    15,000 miles
    36 months
    MSRP= $38,000
    INVOICE= $35734 (he told me he was giving it to me for $36,000)
    told by the dealer the following : MF= .0009 Residual = 50%

$575 per month

I looked on another site to get a MF= .00104 (his seems better) and a Residual of 49%

What is correct?

Drive off is first month, bank (695), and NYS reg, $200

PLEASE HELP !!
    This is my first lease. What are the major gochha points that I should look for in the lease agreement?

Thanks!
  • barryendbarryend Member Posts: 121
    Without the details it is hard to answer.

Today I drove a 3.2 with sports suspension package; 18" wheels with summer tires today and loved it. Then I drove a 2.0 with standard suspension, 17" tires & rims. Like comparing a BMW to a Malibu.

I ordered a 2.0 with sports package, nav, premium plus, no wood, Brilliant Black with Black seats. 15,000 miles, 36 months, Audi care, 1,700 off MSRP. 51% residual, .00090 money factor. 750.00 loyalty rebate from wife's Audi and VW is applied to down payment. 8.25% sales tax. I could have shopped it around and saved a few hundred but the salesman gave me three road tests. He has to eat too. $645.74 rent, drive off is 1st month's rent and license plate fees.

I had to have it built for April delivery to get this spec. That works for me.

I suggest driving the sport package and standard back to back before committing.

Audi care at 650.00 raises the residual 1% so the net cost is very little.

I am pondering buying the wheel and tire insurance given my NYC vicinity moon crater pothole track record. I forget the price but it was near $700.00.

The 3.2 was a more luxurious motor than the 2.0 but they say the performance is comparable and mileage on the 2.0 much better. I live in a congested area and don't need a big motor.

Still smarting from my Infiniti M35X gas bills last summer. Owe them $540.00 for wheel scrapes and this one had no flats or bent rims like the prior Infiniti did.

A man I work with leased a 2008 G35X for about 385.00. Dealers are still stuck with 2008s. 2009 G37 sedan is a worth a look if you can accept a smaller trunk and no folding seats. Tech is comparable to Audi Prestige. Perhaps when the clear out the 2008 they will offer a decent plan on the 2009s.

Sorry to go off topic.
  • marker70marker70 Member Posts: 12
    I've gotten a couple of quotes and the money factor I've been quoted was .00156. How are people getting .0009? I wanted 36 mos and 10k/yr.
  • barryendbarryend Member Posts: 121
    It doesn't make sense unless the 10k residual is exaggerated.
  • bchan88usbchan88us Member Posts: 12
    carman:

can you help me on this?

this is what i was offered today by one of the dealer....2886 out of pocket and 495/mo for 36mo/10k

i probably need 12k per year..how much more i am expecting?

what do you think?
    Car_man,

Invoice on the below car is $33,375. Any opinion on the deal?

2009 A4 non-quattro CVT premium plus, 10K, 36 mo lease
    msrp: $35,825
    invoice $33,375
    sale price: $32,500
    Audi care: $650
    money factor: 0.00104
    residual: 55%

monthly payment $464 with tax ($428/mo +tax).
    Drive off with $1920 that includes
    $310 DMV
    $464 1st payment
    $475 Security Deposit
    $625 Bank Fee
    $45 Doc Fee
  • 09a4quattro09a4quattro Member Posts: 9
    you can negotiate security deposit and bank fees and avoid paying those fees. you can get a quattro if you are in states with extreme weather conditions if little more monthly (440-480).
  • trazletrazle Member Posts: 1
    Atlanta:

Quattro w/ bluetooth, ipod package and 6 disc:

Security deposit and 1st Month payment only: $800
    $465 / mo. before tax; $497 w/ 7% tax

Negotiated Price: ~$32,500
    Money Factor: ~.00105
    Residual: 54%
  • greetingsnygreetingsny Member Posts: 13
    Hi everybody,

Thanks to the moderators for this great forum which makes it really easy to negotiate a price with dealers. Since this forum helped me a lot with my lease I am posting my numbers here for others to benefit in their search for a better lease:

1. NY area: 8.625% tax
    2. A4 2.0 T quattro with Premium package (heated seats, rear airbags, etc)
    3. MSRP: 35,636
    4. Selling Price: 32,770 (400 over invoice)
    5. MF: 0.0009 (NE rate)
    6. Residual: 55%
    7. 12K/36mo
    8. Audi Care: 650 (it raises the residual 1%, free scheduled and mandatory service)
    9. No sec deposit, no acquisition fee (negotiated, yes you can negotiate them)
    10. 498 / mo including tax
    11. 1200 drive off including all govt fees, 1st month payment, Audi Care

Looking back I could've done better regarding the sale price. I read about $1000 to even $2000 under invoice which I am not quite sure how you can get since there is no rebates other than a $750 for existing Audi customers, which sadly I wasn't for the purposes of this deal. Anyway, pretty happy with the deal and the car is gorgeous and drives fantastic. I had an Audi 4 years ago and this one is a much larger and nicer car.
  • jmc028jmc028 Member Posts: 4
    hey greetings,

I'm just wondering if dealers are using the term "premium package" interchangeably with the "premium plus" model?

A dealer quoted me a price with the "premium package with symphony/heated seats, bluetooth etc..", but these are standard in the 'premium plus'. I suppose I can ask the dealer, but wanted to see what your thoughts were. Thanks!

His quote just for fun:
    $439 a month including taxes
    2788 upfront
    36 mos/12k
  • jmc028jmc028 Member Posts: 4
    09A4forme,

May I ask how many miles per year, and is it a 36 month lease? I'm trying to seal my lease with the same specs as you have by tomorrow afternoon, would really appreciate some thoughts/comparisons. Thanks!!
  • greetingsnygreetingsny Member Posts: 13
    Hey jmc028,

As far as I know Premium is the base model, and it does not include, heated seats, BT or symphony. Premium Plus ($4000 more) it does, you can add to Premium options piecemeal as I did with heated seats and symphony. Most of the cars in inventory will have at least some options over the Premium.
    Just got 2009 A4 FrontTrack, brilliant black color with 12k/miles per year for 36 mos lease. Dealer recommended that I purchase excessive wear and tear insurance for $450. Supposedly this insurance would take care of any chips or dings on the car body or cracks on the windshield or tire wear when it comes to lease return inspection at the end of 36 mo period. This insurance covers up to $500 per repair cost with a total of $5000 at lease end inspection. Is it worth getting this insurance?

Thanks!
    Hi Car_Man,

Is bank acquisition fee of $650 a normal fee as part of drive off total for a lease?

Thanks!
  • hf101hf101 Member Posts: 9
    Offered following lease: A4 3.2 with Prestige Package & Navigation; 15K miles per year; for 3 yrs. Drive off of $1800 + security deposit of $775. Monthly payment of $765 with Audi Care. Located in California.

Thoughts?
    No problem jd25. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 A4 2.0L Sedan Premium FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00104 and 51%, respectively. This car's 12k residual value would be 2% higher and its 10k residual 3% higher than the 15k resid.

Car_man
    Host
    You're welcome, vwG60x. Additional options often hurt vehicles' residual values rather than help them. Things like navigation are particularly bad. Loaded vehicles generally don't seem to hold their value as well as base models do.

There's nothing wrong with financing a new vehicle now that leasing is not quite as attractive as it used to be.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi cstabile. Here's the latest. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 A4 2.0T Prestige Sedan with quattro and 15,000 miles per year are .00090 and 47%, respectively.

As far as this car's special financing program goes, Audi is providing 2.9 financing on it for up to 3 years, 3.9% for 4 years, 4.9% for 5 years, or 5.2% for 6 years.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, marker70. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 2009 Audi A4 3.2 Prestige Sedan with quattro and 10,000 miles per year are .00152 and 50%, respectively.

Unless you are a current AFS lessee who qualifies for the $750 owner loyalty offer, I doubt that you will be able to get this car for much less than dealer invoice. If I was in the market for one right now, I personally would shoot for invoice or slightly over.

Car_man
    Host
  • karpykarpy Member Posts: 6
    From which dealership did you lease your car. I'm in the NYC area and looking for least an A4.

Thanks,
  • luka67luka67 Member Posts: 9
    Hi Car_man!
    I'll be in the market for a new car in the next month or so. Are there any incentives for the A4's?
    Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Luk.
  • KarrrrKarrrr Member Posts: 1
    A4 Quatro Premium plus 2.0ct
    Money factor.00110
    Residual 53%
    $1500.00 down
    1680.00 for all other fees (paperwork, security, first month payment, etc) Drive off
    469.10 per month.
    10k miles/year/36months

Just got this today. Worth it?

Can't remember the selling price, should i be worried?
    Hi jd25. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the best way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to negotiate the lowest possible selling price on the car that you want and then have the dealer calculate its monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor. If you get the car that you want for a low selling price and the dealer is not marking up its money factor than you should be getting a good deal.

As far as things to look out for when leasing, make sure that the dealer doesn't try to charge you some sort of large doc fee. Doc fees are little more than extra dealer profit.

The typical fees that you should pay at lease signing include your car's first month's payment, a security deposit equivalent to that payment rounded up to the nearest $25 increment, Audi Financial Services' $625 acquisition fee, and any required state taxes or fees.

That's it in a nutshell. Good luck and let us know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi bchan88us. It is difficult for me to estimate what impact changing from 10,000 miles per year to 12,000 miles per year, or even whether this is a good deal without taking a look at your car's MSRP and selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. These numbers will enable us to determine how good a deal you are getting. Let us know what they are and I am sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will be glad to tell you what they think.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey jd25. The money factor that you were quoted for this car is right in line with Audi Financial Services' buy rate for it. That's obviously a good thing. Furthermore, the selling price is below dealer invoice, which is excellent. If you like the car, I personally don't see any reason not to pull the trigger on this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome, greetingsny. I'm glad that you found this forum so helpful in your quest for a new vehicle. Thanks for taking the time to share such a detailed description of your lease with everyone. As you know, real world examples like this are always helpful for others who are in the market for similar cars. If you'd like, you can hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews discussion to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with others as well.

Thanks again and enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Hey jd25. I have found that manufacturers captive finance companies, like Audi Financial Services, are always very reasonable when assessing vehicles for excess wear and tear at lease-end. I personally would pass on the insurance, but whether you should get it really all depends upon how risk averse you are.

Car_man
    Host
    Jd25, Audi Financial Services charges a $625 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi luka67. The only cash incentive that I am aware of on the Audi A4 right now is $750 to current Audi Financial Services lessees who lease a new vehicle through AFS or $1,500 to current lessees who finance their new vehicle through AFS.

Car_man
    Host
  • chisoxindcchisoxindc Member Posts: 7
    I'm not sure to whom this offer applies, but AFS is offering me "up to" $5000 on a purchase or $2500 on a lease as a loyalty bonus. I don't know if this will be the rate on the A4 or not.
  • chisoxindcchisoxindc Member Posts: 7
    As I suspected, that is the maximum bonus. CarMan (as usual) is accurate with his numbers for the A4.
This discussion has been closed.