Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• jd25jd25 Member Posts: 43
    Thanks, Car_man! Your feedback have been very helpful!

Regards.
  • luka67luka67 Member Posts: 9
    Thank's Car_man!
  • baron4baron4 Member Posts: 4
    "AFS is offering me "up to" $5000 on a purchase or $2500 on a lease as a loyalty bonus"

Dealer location and year/model/options Audi?
  • sphengollysphengolly Member Posts: 2
    So I got my 09 A4 prestige with nav, 2.0T Quattro AT for lease with audi-care with these values:

gross/adjusted cap cost: 37,600
    50% residual
    .0009 mf
    36 months, 12k per year
    This came out to $550 including tax in CA. only paid TTL and first month at drive off.

I had to haggle quite a while as the monthly cost was/is too high for these cap costs/residual/mf. I kept telling them that it should be lower. I told them if they got to $550/month with nothing down I would take it. I don't care how they massage the numbers. They met it. I think I could've/should've tried to get it lower....maybe $530/month. Once I got the paperwork, I see the disparity between cap cost/residual/mf and the payments. There is a $3k "rent charge" they were adding. This was pretty much adding to my cap cost yet wasn't listed as that.

I think I got a pretty good deal...though it was because they are closing their doors next week and because every car they have was keyed a couple months ago by some punks at night. Pretty much every car got repainted...including the one I got. It looks like a good paint job. Unfortunately the paint job is warranted by the painting place (for 10 years) and not Audi. But with a 3-year lease, I expect things to work out.

They still have ~7 prestiges left at MSRP ~$44k (like mine). They have 1 prem plus for $38k MSRP.
  • jmc028jmc028 Member Posts: 4
    Thought I would post the deal I finally locked in on:

A4 Quattro 2.0T
    Ibis White / Black Interior
    Premium Plus trim
    Audi Care - free
    12K/36 months

488.25 payments
    1999 upfront. No bank/doc fees/registration/dmv etcc. Taxes and 1st month upfront. (could be in another order, either way its was ~2K)

Started with a $530/m quote. Haggled with multiple dealers during the week, but all were very willing to come down.
  • jmc028jmc028 Member Posts: 4
    Hey Karpy,

I went with Riverside in NJ, they were very helpful/honest people. Beiner, not so much.
  • newaudifannewaudifan Member Posts: 3
    Hey Car man and kyfdx:

I am a first time new car buyer and need your help desperately.

Today I got a deal for A4 prestige 2.0t quattro beige interior w/ wood trim:
    MSRP: 41225
    SALE:37850
    License & Reg: 125
    Dealer Prep:599
    Audi Care:(650) (they throw this in for free)
    tax rate: 7% (FL)
    OTD: 41708.47
    I did not make the deal right way and I called them back before they closed and got the final OTD at 41500.
    I need to deposit $1000 Monday and will get the car Saturday. The dealership is 2.5 hours away. For the past 3 days I have been dealing with 5 different dealers over the phone within 300 miles area and this one is best I can get.
    Do you think this price is hard to beat? If I wait a couple months can I get the same car with a significant better price?
    Also I have a 04 Suv to trade in, how do I negotiate the trade-in price w/ dealer? I do not want sell them the car too much under KBB.
    Last, is that possible to get a better APR rate from Audi finance than they listed if I have a very good credit score?? What should I pay extra attention when I go in and sign the paperwork?

Thank you all very very much in advance!
  • greetingsnygreetingsny Member Posts: 13
    Atlantic Audi in West Islip, Long Island
  • karpykarpy Member Posts: 6
    thanks - I'll give them a call.
  • portpilotportpilot Member Posts: 7
    Car Man,I am interested in leasing an Audi A4 2.0 Q Cabrio Special Edition. With no money down (other than taxes, bank fee & 1st month) I am getting offers for $502 - 515/month for 36 months, 10K/year mileage.What do you think of these offers. I am a returning Audi customer, so assume they take into account some loyalty discount? I am in LI/NY area.Thanks!
  • chisoxindcchisoxindc Member Posts: 7
    Greetings-
    What kind of numbers are folks seeing on their A4 Premium with the standard upgrades (Auto, Quattro, Bluetooth, Heated Seats, HomeLink). MSRP is around $35,500 and invoice is $33,072. Is it realistic to get this car at or below invoice? I'm hoping to cut about $50 a month off my current payment on a 2006 A4 premier purchase (which lower interest rates should do if I can get the car for the same price). Then my loyalty money would cover Audi care.
  • jbeckrjbeckr Member Posts: 21
    A4 premium plus front-trak

MSRP 36,775

lease at invoice 34,000
    3 yrs, 10k miles per year
    drive off is first months payment and security deposit
    monthly payments $511
  • hf101hf101 Member Posts: 9
    I leased an A4 today and the finance manager told me that virtually every car he has seen returned has been charged something by Audi Finance for excess wear and tear. Very interested in hearing the experiences of those who have returned leased cars to Audi--have you been charged??
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    It sounds like he was trying to sell you an insurance policy... :surprise:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

$240 here for scratched rims. They were pretty badly scratched from some poor parallel parking. My last A4 had much worse scratches on the bumper paint, but no charge.
  • dmandman Member Posts: 24
    Anyone have an idea of how much an avant would lease for?
    I was thinking of a 2.0T prestige w/ S-Line.
    The audi website pegs it at a little over $45k MSRP but does not give the option for a lease estimate like the bmw website does.
    Not sure how rare the S-Line avants are though...
  • 09a4quattro09a4quattro Member Posts: 9
    I recently closed a deal and secured 2009 Audi A4 2.0 Quattro Premium (Heated Seats, Music Interface, Homelink) and loving this car.

My question is regarding Audi Care Package, I did not purchase this and have an option to purchase within first 12 months. Is it worth my $$$ to pay for this package, it includes services for 15k,25k,35k and 45k (first service at 5k is free). This is 36m leased vehicle so I will be responsible for 3 service's per schedule.. anyone knows what does it cost to get these done if I pay from my pocket...? Any other maintenance costs incurred by new audi owners in first 36k period?

thanks for your responses. this boards rocks!
  • sbpwjmsbpwjm Member Posts: 15
    new 2009 Audi A4 premium
    meteor gray (only mention because it has added cost) - no white available
    bluetooth
    heated seats
    ipod
    MSRP $35240
    offered price $33500
    audi care
    money factor - .00090
    resid. 54%
    buy out at close $17973
    $3495 up front
    10K - $425 /month
    15K - $479 /month

how does this deal look? i think i will look to get lower on the 'offered price' and ask for terms on 12K mileage allowance...

thanks very much!
  • jngaijngai Member Posts: 2
    im just starting to look for an audi a4 and here is a quote from a dealer.

audi 2.0 quattro awd (not sure if its premium or premium plus)
    msrp 35005
    price: 32480
    residual 55% or 19253
    money factor: forgot to ask

option 1: 2995 due at signing, 399/ month + CA tax
    option 2: 853 driveoff, 458/month + CA tax

im missing a few details,but from what i have, how does it look? anyone else glad they found this forum before leasing an audi? cause i sure am. thanks for all the help
  • talimatttalimatt Member Posts: 1
    I have the following offer for an A4 - 2.0, Premium Quattro

16,000 miles / 36 months
    inception fees - $2,570
    selling price: 32,317
    monthly payment: $478

should I take it? Any other factors I need to know/keep my eye on?

Thanks.
  • dexter10dexter10 Member Posts: 1
    Is the dent and scratch protection coverage offered by Audi dealers for 3 year lease a good idea (Cost $795.00 to repair dings, scratches, etc). Any feedback on this package. Thanks.
  • jngaijngai Member Posts: 2
    Hey Carman, was wondering if you could take a look at this quote i just received. thanks

premium plus A4 FWD, Phantom black on black.
    36 months 10k
    MSRP: $36,300
    Sale price: $33,800
    Residual: 52%
    Residual value: $18,876
    Money Factor: 0.00119
    Due at signing: $1500
    Payment: $479 a month plus tax (CA)
  • sbpwjmsbpwjm Member Posts: 15
    here are the details... located in NJ

36months @ 12000 miles a year

2009 Audi A4 Premium
    Ice Silver Metallic
    Bluetooth
    Heated Seats
    Symphony
    AMI
    Garage Door opener
    MSRP: $35820
    Invoice: $33324 (Audi doesn't have a holdback)
    Sale Price: $32946
    $378 under invoice

Residual: 53%
    Money Factor: 0.00090
    Residual Value: $18984

Due at signing was $3495
    $438 a month (taxes included)
  • rclackrclack Member Posts: 11
    Car man, could you evaluate this lease offer? No negotiations yet, but salesman had mentioned $500.00 per month and no security deposit when first test drove vehicle. Located in Western New York. I have never leased before:

Audi A4 Quattro Premium Plus
    MSRP $37,900
    36 months
    12,000 miles/year
    first payment, taxes and $550 refundable security deposit down
    52% residual
    $534.00 per month

Thanks for your help.
  • lingvilingvi Member Posts: 3
    What fees are included at signing? Seems high?
  • tcb25tcb25 Member Posts: 1
    carman
    What are the current mf and residual rates for an a4 avant premium plus?
    12k miles. Can you actually get a 1% residual increase by adding the audi care program? Is the $750 loyalty rebate still in effect?
    My car comes off the boat next friday and it's time to talk $$$.
    Thanks
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    No problem, jd25. Make sure to let us know what you end up doing.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    You're very welcome, luka67.

Car_man
    Host
    Congratulations on getting your new A4, sphengolly. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. Did you say that the dealer you got your car from is going out of business? Out of curiosity, which dealer?

Car_man
    Host
    Congratulations on getting your new A4, jmc028. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. If you have the time, make sure to stop by the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with everyone as well. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Hi newaudifan. If I was personally in the market for a new Audi A4 right now, I would shoot for a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice and then finance it through Audi at 2.9% for 5 years. You can look up this car's exact invoice price over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com. Also, make sure to stop by the "Audi A4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars lately.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi portpilot. You are right, Audi is currently providing a $750 loyalty incentive to current lessees who lease a new A4.

The best way to evaluate these deals is to take a look at the selling prices that they are based upon. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. If I was in the market for a new A4 right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of right around dealer invoice minus the available loyalty cash. You can look up the exact invoice price for the car that you are interested in over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of this site.

Once you find out what these cars' selling prices are, stop back and let us know. I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will be happy to give you their opinion on them.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi dman. I would be happy to crunch some numbers for you using Audi's real lease program. Hop on over to the New Vehiclr Pricing section of Edmunds.com and look up the exact MSRP and dealer invoice price of the car that you want and let me know what they are. I'll take it from there.

Car_man
    Host
    I'm glad that you like this discussion so much, 09a4quattro. If you didn't purchase Audi Care at lease signing, don't bother doing so now. I believe that Audi Financial Services provides lessees with a slight bump in the residual values of vehicles if they get an Audi Care contract. This higher resid in turn helps to offset the cost of the contract. I doubt that Audi will go back and change your lease now that it has been finalized so by waiting and purchasing you are paying more than you should be. I personally would just skip it at this point. The only maintenance that I ever perform on leased vehicles is oil changes and tire rotation anyhow.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi sbpwjm. Without knowing what this car's exact dealer invoice price is (you can look it up over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of this site), I will assume that this car has a spread of around $2,500 between its full MSRP and its invoice price. You are being given a dealer discount of around $1,740, which isn't bad if you are a new Audi customer. Current lessees are eligible for a $750 incentive that should be taken into account. Either way, I would not be surprised if you were able to shave another couple hundred dollars off of this car's selling price. Make sure to hop on over to the "Audi A4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience" section of Edmunds.com to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars lately.

As far as this car's money factor goes, make sure that the dealer uses Audi Financial Services' current buy rate of .00085 (for a 36 month lease of an '09 A4 Sedan Premium FWD) to calculate your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • jd25jd25 Member Posts: 43
    Got my 2009 A4 CVT black with premium plus 36 mo lease with 12k/yr. Monthly lease amt $475 (with tax). $1926 drive off comprised of $326 TTL, $475 refundable security deposit, $650 bank acq fee and $475 first month lease payment. Negotiated selling price $32,500.
    Hi CarMan-
    Do you have the March money factor and residual for a 2009 A4 2.0T Quattro Premium trim with 10,000 miles? Is there still a 1% boost in residual for Audi Care? Thanks.
    I'd be happy to, jngai. The car that you are interested in probably has a spread of around $2,500 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. That is exactly the discount that you were quoted on this car. As long as you are not a returning AFS customer, in which case you would qualify for additional owner loyalty cash, this looks like a great price to me.

Audi's March lease program is different than the February program that you were quoted though. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of and '09 A4 2.0T Sedan Premium Plus with 10,000 miles per year are .00085 and 51%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Congratulations on getting your new A4, sbpwjm. Thanks for taking the time to let us all know how everything turned out. If you have the time, make sure to hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with others. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Hi rclack. You never mentioned this car's selling price. This is a very important number to know when leasing. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number, it is difficult to tell how much of a dealer discount you are being given. Let us know what it is and I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will be happy to let you know what they think.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi tcb25. Here's the information that you're looking for. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Audi A4 Avant Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00143 and 50%, respectively.

Yes, the addition of Audi Care does increase this vehicle's residual.

Yes, the $750 loyalty incentives on leases is still available in March.

Good luck and make sure to let us all know if you have any other questions and how everything turns out.

Car_man
    Host
    Congrats jd25. That's a nice car. I'm jealous :) . If you haven't already, make sure to hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of this site to share your thoughts on the dealer that you leased from. Thanks and enjoy!

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, chisoxindc. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Audi A4 2.0T Sedan Premium with quattro and 10,000 miles per year are .00071 and 54%, respectively. I believe that the Audi Care bump is still in effect, but I have not looked into it lately.

Car_man
    Host
    Car man, the dealer didn't say what the selling price was. I calculated the price as about $37,100, using February'r money factor and the residual the dealer gave me, and came up with about $37,100, only $800 below invoice, but, it appears that March's money factor is different, and also that there may be an acquisition fee.

What is the March residual, money factor and acquistion fee for a 2009 Audi A4 quattro, premium plus, in a 36 month,12,000 mile per year lease?

Thanks for your help!
  • dexinsddexinsd Member Posts: 6
    I got a lease quote (in March) on a 2009 A4 2.0T Quattro premium plus: MF 0.00086; residual 50%. BTW, residual on the Prestige drops to 47%. San Diego, CA.
  • marker70marker70 Member Posts: 12
    Car Man,

can you give the residual and MF on a '09 a4 2.0 Prestige with Nav as well as a '09 a4 3.2 Prestige with Nav? I'm looking for 36 mos/10k.

Thanks in advance
  • ph0ustph0ust Member Posts: 8
    hi all. the lease on my 07 a4 avant is up next month. i plan on probably getting another a4 avant with premium plus. i was looking for any suggestions on getting the best deal, while i have negotiated a lot of leases (several audi's as well) and always gotten a great deal on the terms, this time i am about 1500 miles over my limit and have a not quite small dent on the driver's door and the driver's side mirror is broken. i can fix these for about $800 and pay for the mileage, but i am hoping there is a tactic at the dealer, or by calling vw financial services, to get them to forgive the costs in an effort to get me to lease another audi.

any suggestions? i hear lots of people get their mileage waived if they get another car, but i've never been successful with that. thanks.
    Thans for the info. What is BTW?
  • pcp33pcp33 Member Posts: 6
    okay this is pending. 2.0 premium plus metor grey i also think there is wood in the interior. Sale price was never mentioned. 3300 down payment includes 1st month, 36 months at 499.00 a month with 12,000 miles. This seems awfully high. With that kind of money down payments should be 20 to 25$ less. I was also offered this deal 1865 down 12,000 miles for 479 a month for the premium package. I thought this deal wasn't bad but really want the pp package. Can i do better. thanks for the help
  • pennyair1pennyair1 Member Posts: 6
    I was wondering if you could let me know if this is a good lease deal for an A4 09

2009 Audi A4 2.0T QUATTRO SEDAN
    $357 per mo 36 mos (w/o tax)
    $0.00 down payment
    $625.00 acquisition fee
    $350.00 security deposit due
    10,000 miles per year
    MSRP $35,080.00

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.