Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• eh550ieh550i Member Posts: 12
    That seems like a great deal. You still have to pay drive offs correct (tax, title, lic)? Where is this deal and does it include Premium or sport package. At 35080 MSRP that should be quattro, premium and sport. If so, excellent deal from what I have seen.

Was that a posted special or negotiated deal?
  • traderfjptraderfjp Member Posts: 12
    Penny: Can u tell me the dealership that made u that offer. I'm in the market and what you were quoted is way under what I was quoted. 1500k and 489.99 per month 15k per year.
  • pcp33pcp33 Member Posts: 6
    2800 down payment includes first month payment and also audicare 489.00 a month. Premium Plus with wood,quatro msrp 38800 paying 36000
    I was loosley quoted the following:

3 year/10K/year
    A4 with preimium, quattro, bluetooth
    MSRP 34,695
    Total cash due at signing $778.20
    Payment of 437.54 not including tax at whatever rate CA will be hitting us for come April 1.

Good deal?
    That sounds like a good deal. Is that for the Premium Plus model? Mine also has wood inside which i really dont care about. that is the only one they have in the color that i want. Premium plus and wood is about 2500 to 3000 more.
    They didnt say anything about wood inside. I think that was premium only, not premium plus.
  • a44me2a44me2 Member Posts: 1
    car man,

Could you let me know what you think about this lease offer?

A4 Quattro Premium Plus
    Audi Symphony
    Bluetooth
    Homelink

Price $36675
    42 months
    44% lease end value
    MF 0.00135
    $3500 due at signing
    $544/mo

I am also trading in a 2006 a4 i was leasing.
    $20,000 tax trade value equates to $1,450 savings ($20,000 x 7.25% = $1,450).

Please let me know.

thanks
  • mcmuneymcmuney Member Posts: 64
    I was not in the market for a new Audi (since I drive a 2005.5 model), but I received a newsletter with an offer of $419/month on a 36 month lease with 10K miles/year, which peaked my interest. The car was a 2009 3.2 Quattro with Prestige Plus. But when I told them that I wanted Prestige and Nav package, their price jumped close to $800. So I was about to give up my search, when I got a call from the dealership where I bought my present Audi and this is what they've offered:

2009 3.2 Quattro w/ Prestige and Nav
    MSRP around $47K
    $1780 down
    10K miles/year
    36 months
    $560/month (including CA sales tax)
    Audi Loyalty factored in

I checked with a few dealers and I was getting quotes between $700 - $800. I'm hoping the sales girl didn't make a mistake. I'll find out tomorrow. Assuming that the numbers are correct, is this a ridiculously great deal or what?
  • keyyohkeyyoh Member Posts: 1
    Car_man, need some advice as i am not sure what is a good lease deal or not.

a4 quattro premium plus with 18' sports package
    36 month
    15K miles
    MF: .0009
    Residual 50%
    $563 monthly (tax-in)
    No money down, $1800 drive off

Thanks in advance
  • ny_mattny_matt Member Posts: 3
    Dealer in SW CT

Premium plus, paint, destination

MSRP 38050
    Cap Cost 36650 (600 over invoice?)
    cap cost reduction 625 (Bank fee)
    Resid 52% (+1% for 12k miles, +1% for audi care)
    MF .00071
    Audi care 750...divided by 36 and added into payment
    monthly payment w/o taxes 525.35

upfronts
    first month payment 525
    dmv 185
    doc fee 39
    tax on cap reduction 52
    Sales Tax 1583
    cap reduction 625
    total 3370
  • newtoaudi4newtoaudi4 Member Posts: 2
    Car Man,

Could you kindly take a look at the below lease deal on a 2009 A4 that was a dealer demo and let me know what you think:

2.0T Premium Quattro, Bluetooth, Symphony 6CD, Garage Door Opener, Wood Interior Trim
    Original MSRP $35,005
    2K miles
    $29,495 sale price
    Money Factor .00101
    Residual 51%
    36 month lease / 15,000 miles per year
    No money down, $457 per month

To others in the forum - is the Audi Care worth purchasing? I'm not sure how much maintenance is required at those 3 mileage intervals...

Thanks in advance!
  • barryendbarryend Member Posts: 121
    Wow.
  • sam_ksam_k Member Posts: 200
    Car_man,

Can you please tell me the March lease terms for the 2009 A4 Avant (wagon) for both S-Line and non S-Line models with the prestige package, 36 or 39 month lease with 12K miles per year. Someone also mentioned a 1% higher residual if you get Audi care. Is that still in effect? Thanks in advance.

Sam K
  • mcmuneymcmuney Member Posts: 64
    I've gotten similar response elsewhere, that this is a great deal. There doesn't seem to be enough traffic here, responses take too long. Anyhow, the sales girl did NOT make a mistake. What they did was to match the offer I presented them with, then allowed me to make changes to the car.

Unfortunately, however, I didn't walk out with the car because their quote on my trade was too low. They're leaving the offer open for me if I can sell my car privately. So if anyone in the LAX area is looking for a great deal on a 2005 A4 3.2, let me know.
  • andrewjwandrewjw Member Posts: 1
    Any thoughts on this lease on a 2.0 Premium Plus?

Price is 39,475

With 12k miles per year and Audi care ($740)

no cap cost

minimum down
    $1653.00 due on delivery
    36 months
    $619 (including all fees, taxes, Audi care, 12kmiles per year)

I am feeling thats a bit strong... has anyone gotten this car in the low to mid 500 a month range?

Andrew
  • bobert6bobert6 Member Posts: 1
    I agreed to $500 over invoice for a 2009 A4 but the dealer's invoice price was $397.13 higher than Edmunds' because he added $202.13 for "NY Tri-sate Audi DAA" (advertising) and $195 for "Preperation and Inspection." Is this legit or rip-off?
  • audia4ppnonavaudia4ppnonav Member Posts: 14
    Hi Car Man - Please review this lease quote and let me know if it is good or not

09 Audi A4 Quattro prem plus without Nav
    36 month, 10K per year
    i live in Staten Island, NY

cap cost $34,500
    52% residual of MSRP$38,000 = $19,760
    money factor = .00071x2400=1.704%

due at sign $2697 includes my taxes, bank fee, doc fee and 1st payment no security deposit
    monthly $449

are there any manufacture to dealer or customer incentives / rebates this month of March?

Please let me know if this is a good deal or not - i will get the car after your feedback.

Thank you in advance,
    Ken
    This is the deal i did. Premium Plus with wood and audi care. 2800 down including 1st payment 12000 miles for 487.00 . I think i could of done better on down payment maybe a couple of hundred dollars less.
    Thank you pcp3! -how does the car drive?

i guess with the wood and audi care plus 12000 per year will bring up your monthly payment a little higher than mine $449 - i have it at 10000 per year because i only drive it on the weekends - the past 9 years i'ved leased and when i return the car i am alway under 30,000 when i finish the 3 year lease.

all the best pcp3!
  • arik19arik19 Member Posts: 1
    Here are the details for my new AUDI A4. Bought on March 12 and the deal I got:

2009 Audi A4 Quattro 2.0 T w/Prem Plus and Nav
    White ext. Black int. + wood
    MSRP around $41K
    $1719 down
    12K miles/year
    36 months
    $555/month (including NY sales tax)

Car was sold below invoice.

Dealership located in NJ
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hey rclack. Audi Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Audi A4 2.0 Sedan Premium Plus with quattro and 12,000 miles per year are .00071 and 52%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Here's the information that you're looking for, marker70. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 A4 2.0 Sedan Prestige with 10,000 miles per year are .00071 and 48%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '09 A4 3.2 Sedan Prestige are .00114 and 48%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi a44me2. I don't know what this car's exact MSRP or dealer invoice price are, but if I had to make an educated giess I would say that the selling price that you were quoted appears to be a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice. If this is the case, this is a good deal, selling price wise.

The money factor that you were quoted looks high though. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of an '09 A4 2.0 Sedan with Premium Plus and quattro is only .00071. Make sure that the dealer uses this buy rate to calculate your monthly payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi keyyoh. The best way to evaluate whether a lease is a good deal is to look at the selling price that it is based upon. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Let us know what this car's selling price is in relation to its MSRP or its dealer invoice price and I am sure that either myself or another helpful community member will be happy to give you their opinion on this deal.

For now I can tell you that the money factor that you were quoted appears to be a little high. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of an '09 A4 Sedan with quattro and Premium Plus is .00071. Make sure that the dealer uses that buy rate to calculate your car's payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello newtoaudi4. Let's take a look at the deal that you were offered. The car that you are interested in probably has a spread of around $2,400 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. Add to that the $750 dealer cash that is available on this model to dealers who qualify and we're talking about a total of around $3,150 to play with.

You were quoted a discount of $5,500 on the demo that you are interested in. Normally I am not that interested in demos because dealers never seem willing to discount them enough, but this looks like an excellent deal. Even I, as someone who normally wouldn't go with a demo, would have to give this deal serious consideration.

Just make sure that the dealer uses Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor to calculate your car's monthly payment. The money factor that you were quoted appears to be a little high. AFS' current buy rate for this model is only .00071.

Normally I would never purchase a pre-paid maintenance package on a leased vehicle, however Audi provides a 1% boost on the residual values of vehicles that have Audi Care (at least it used to). This enhanced residual value almost makes the package pay for itself. See what the difference between your car's payment is with and without Audi Care. If it isn't much go for it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Sam. Here's the info that you're looking for. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 A4 2.0 Avant Prestige with 12,000 miles per year are .00143 and 47%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00163 and 45%.

I believe that the +1% for Audi Care is still available, but I haven't checked in a while so you should ask a dealer to make sure.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Ken. The money factor that you were quoted is right in line with Audi Financial Services' buy rate for this model. That clearly is a good thing.

Now let's take a look at this car's selling price. The model that you are interested in probably has a spread of around $2,600 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price, plus there's some dealer cash out there. The $3,500 discount that you are being given on this car looks very attractive to me.

The two most important numbers to focus on when leasing, the money factor and selling price look great. If you like the car, I personally don't see any reason not to go for it.

Car_man
    Host
  • rclackrclack Member Posts: 11
    Thanks for the info, Car man. You are doing a great service for people.

Is there an acquisition fee for every Audi A4 lease, and what is the amount?
    Hi Car_man - Thank you for your input. I vaule it a lot. I will get it tomorrow and come back to write another message here and provide a feed back in the dealer experience section - Thank you so much!

Ken
    You're very welcome, rclack. Yes Audi Financial Services charges an acquisition fee of $625 on every vehicle that it leases.

Car_man
    Host
    No problem Ken. I look forward to hearing how everything goes and how you like your new ride.

Car_man
    Host
  • la_audila_audi Member Posts: 1
    Hi Carman,

I was wondering if this was a good deal for the 2009 A4 2.0 Sedan FWD premium plus with quartz metallic.

$2,475 at signing
    $450/mo including taxes (35 months)
    MSRP: $35,500
    Gross Cap: $32,360
    Residual: $18,300

Also, would you recommend getting any of the maintenance/audi care packages or is it not necessary?
    I think I am going to pull the trigger on an A4 Quattro Lease this weekend. Seems to be the best all around value. This is what I have been quoted in So Cal. Is this a good deal? I have seen the other posts and appears to be beating most handily.

2009 A4 Premium Automatic 6 speed tiptronic transmission, Quattro All Wheel Drive plus....
    • 17" alloy wheels
    • Audi Symphony with In Dash CD Changer
    • Leather interior
    • Power Sunroof with tilt/slide & pinch protection
    • BlueTooth Hands Free Phone Interface

MSRP $ 34,695
    Total cash due at signing $ 778.20
    Payment before tax $ 437.54 us
    10K/year miles

Probably can shave a few more bucks off while sitting in the chair.
  • dbarton7dbarton7 Member Posts: 20
    Hello Car Man.

I am thinking over the following deal which I think is a very good one.

2009 A4 Quattro Cabriolet Special addition with Conveniance Package (ie no nav)
    10K miles/year for 36 months

MSRP 45,975
    Sale Price 41,216
    Residual 53%
    MF .00003

$2,819 due at signing (including taxes, first month, DMV etc)
    $460/month

Is this in fact a good deal?
  • dimochkadimochka Member Posts: 13
    Hi everyone,

I just started looking at cars and I'm pretty sure that I want to lease an Audi A4. The dealer gave me the following rate:

2009 A4 Quattro, Premium Plus package
    500/month
    1st month and TTL due at signing.

I haven't done any major research yet, but could you give me an idea of whether this is a good deal, or how low I should try to get it?

Thanks!
  • bimmer325bimmer325 Member Posts: 1
    just wondering why is there tt&l when leasing?? btw if i trade in my car will the trade-in price be deducted from the taxable amount?? Is the tax amount the sale price of the vehicle or the lease amount?
  • dimochkadimochka Member Posts: 13
    Sorry, I meant 1st Month and Taxes due at signing. I asked for everything else to be included in the monthly payments (though I have a feeling there are still some things he didnt include).
  • newtoaudi4newtoaudi4 Member Posts: 2
    Car Man,

Thanks so much for your help and advice! I did not end up taking that deal in NJ, I made one last effort at another dealer in NY and I ended up with very similar demo A4 at a much better price:

2.0T Premium Quattro, Bluetooth, Symphony 6CD, Garage Door Opener, Wood Interior Trim, Audi Care
    Original MSRP $35,005
    2,900 miles (700 miles more than the original NJ deal)
    $28,000 sale price ($1,495 less)
    Money Factor .00071 (you helped out here by letting me know of the lower money factor - thanks!)
    Residual 52% with Audi Care
    36 month lease / 15,000 miles per year
    $984 up front ($400 security plus 399 1st month payment plus $185 registration)
    $399 per month for 35 months

Two things I would like to point out to other users here. If you're ok with leasing an '09 A4 with a couple thousand miles (dealer demo), I would find one that is certified pre-owned and negotiate your price down until you can't get it any lower. Then ask them how much it will save if they remove the certified pre-owned warranty (I received quotes of $1,300 and $1,500 from two different dealers). Once the price is reduced further then switch to a lease using that price. If you're going to lease the additional warranty (2 years 50,000 miles) provided by being certified pre-owned doesn't really have any value to you.

The second smaller piece of advice is that the sales rep tried to sell me the Audi Care at $820 and without the 1% residual bump - I declined since I knew better from this site. During the paper signing process the finance person brought out preprinted paperwork with additional services I could pay for including Audi Care priced at $740 with the 1% residual bump. My point here is don't stress or feel you have to negotiate for the Audi Care as it seemed, at least at this dealership, that the finance guys already try to include this offer at the end of the deal (literally about 5-10 minutes before I drove away). My original deal going into the paperwork signing process was $386 per month before signing up for the Audi Care option.

Good luck to everyone. I absolutely love the A4 I leased today!
  • kingpapakingpapa Member Posts: 2
    Got mine last week in So Cal, here is the detail:

A4 2.0T Premium Plus + Sports Pack (with wood trim)

Sport pack: paddle shift, sports seats, sports susp.

MSRP: around 37,800
    Invoice: around 35700
    Agreed price: 34,700 (including Audit Care)
    Miles: 15K/year
    Drive-off: 1800
    Monthly: 490 (pre-tax)

Hope this helps.
    That looks like a pretty good deal. I got offered on Premium/sport with 10K $2K drive off was 479/month INCLUDING tax.

Where did you get this one? How did you negotiate it? Thanks.
  • sam_ksam_k Member Posts: 200
    Thanks Car_man. I still haven't pulled the trigger yet so can you please give me the April leasing terms for the2009 A4 2.0 Avant Prestige? I might also get the S-line package so I'm not sure if that affects the leasing terms. I'm interested in 24, 36 and 39 month leasing terms for 12K and 10K miles per year. This will be the last month I will ask for figures because the extension on my 2006 M45 lease expires this month. Thanks in advance.

Sam
  • meesh430meesh430 Member Posts: 6
    Hello,

I am looking to lease an A4 and was wondering if this quote was good.

09 A4 2.0 Quattro, Premium Plus, white on blk.
    36 month, 15k
    $1400 down payment
    $470+tax a month
    $32,225 for the car
    Hello,

Could you tell me the money factor and residual for an A4 2.0T and Quattro Premium plus, 15k miles for April. Also is the aquisition fee still $625?

Thanks,
    Michelle
  • kingpapakingpapa Member Posts: 2
    Got it from Auto Gallary in Woodland Hills.
    Hi la_audi. While I normally avoid pre-paid maintenance on leased vehicles, Audi Care is actually a pretty good deal because the last time that I checked Audi Financial Services provided leased vehicles that have it with a 1% increase in their residual values. This residual value bump helps pay for much of the cost.

Let's take a look at the deal that you were offered. The 2009 Audi A4 2.0T Sedan FWD Premium that you described probably has a spread of around $2,500 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. The $3,140 discount that you were quoted looks very attractive to me. Just make sure that the dealer that you are working with uses Auti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor of .00085 to calculate your car's monthly payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi dbarton7. The car that you described probably has a spread of around $3,100 between its MSRP and its dealer invoice price. The $4,700 discount that you were quoted for this car looks like an outstanding price to me. The money factor that you were quoted is right in line with Audi Financial Services' current buy rate for this model as well. If you like the car, I personally don't see any reason not to go for it.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome, newtoaudi4. Thanks for stopping back and letting us all know how everything turned out. Congratulations on getting a good deal on your new A4.

If you have the time, make sure to hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience.

Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to, Sam. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2009 A4 Avant Prestige with 12,000 miles per year are .00143 and 54%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00143 and 47%. The 39 month numbers are .00163 and 45%.

If you were to lease with only 10,000 miles per year, this car's residual values would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello Michelle. Audi Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Audi A4 2.0T Sedan with quattro, Premium Plus, and 15,000 miles per year are .00071 and 50%, respectively.

Yes, AFS' base acquisition fee is still $625.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank You car_man!

Could you tell me if this quote is good?

09 A4 2.0 Quattro, Premium Plus, white on blk.
    36 month, 15k
    $1400 down payment
    $470+tax a month
    $32,225 for the car

-Michelle
This discussion has been closed.