Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi dht34. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 A4 2.0T Sedan with quattro, Premium Plus, and 15,000 miles per year are .00071 and 48%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi caren1. A $6,000 dealer discount off of MSRP is an excellent selling price on a 2009 A4 Cabriolet. If you like the car, go for it.

Car_man
    Host
    No problem, art234. I'm sure that you're anxiously counting the days until your new ride arrives.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi roadking98. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 A4 Cabriolet 2.0T without quattro with 12,000 miles per year are 00008 and 51%, respectively. The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

During Audi's current promotion, "The Summer of Audi Event," it is waiving the first two lease payments on all A4 Cabriolet models except for on the high performance "S" variants.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey jayrider. Audi's current money factors and residual values on the A4 aren't bad. Plus Audi is waiving the first monthly payment on A4 2.0T Sedans (first two on Convertibles & 3.2s) and providing loyalty / conquest cash on them.

I am not intimately familiar with what the prices are like at dealers right now. There may be an ample supply out there, but according to the dealers who I have spoken with lately demand, at least in the luxury end of the market, has picked up dramatically lately. This make make dealers more hesitant to have fire sale prices than they were a couple of months ago.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ptalosig. The selling price that you were quoted for this car looks great to me. Just make sure that the dealer that you are working with uses Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor of .00085 to calculate your payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings bashin. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 A4 2.0T Premium Plus FWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00085 and 49%, respectively. The money factor for an otherwise identical lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be the same, but the residual value would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello francie. According to the latest information that I have seen, Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor is .00085 for A4 2.0 Sedan FWD and .00071 for At 2.0 Sedan quattro models. As you can see, yes the money factor that you were quoted does appear to be slightly on the high side.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi arctic45. It would be easier for us to evaluate this deal if you provided us with this car's MSRP and selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without the selling price, it is difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given. Let us know what these numbers are and I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will gladly tell you what they think.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go koshka. Audi Financial Services; current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 A4 2.0 Avant Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00160 and 49%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00180 and 45%, respectively. If you were to lease with only 12,000 miles per year, this car's residual values would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • nhbankernhbanker Member Posts: 21
    Car_Man....I was quoted a MF of 0.00091 for an A4 quattro Premium Plus for 36 months and 15K per year. Before we finalize, can you please confirm the correct MF? Thanks so much.
  • ilikeikeilikeike Member Posts: 19
    Ok, I worked up a quick and dirty cash flow table and figured that the three choices:

1) 1.9% interest rate for 36 months
    2) 4.9% interest rate for 60 months, first two payments made by Audi
    -or-
    3) 36 month lease, first payment made by Audi

all seem to work out approximately the same at the end of 60 months. I assumed that I started with about $34k cash in the bank, with an interest rate of 3%. Now I just have to decide if I want to go through the hassle of converting my purchase to a lease in the morning.
  • rcm7rcm7 Member Posts: 1
    I'm currently negotiating with a dealer on a 2009 A4 3.2. Cabrio. MSRP $49,865, 15K miles p/year. I'm being told residual is .47 and MF of .00015. This is with me laying down $2600 which included all incentives, aquistion fee, cap reduction etc. everything except motor vehicle fees. Monthly payment is at $642 for 36 months. Sounds higher than expected. I'm told the residual is less on the 3.2 than the 2.0. Any advice?
  • jms493jms493 Member Posts: 18
    Just came back from the dealer and he said those deals from 1 or 2 months before are gone. There was a volume incentive from Audi and they no longer are taking a bath on the A4s anymore.

The Audi summer event is essentially they pay your 1st month and thats it. All the other fees get rolled up into the lease payment. Which is kind of [non-permissible content removed] as they don't say that in the fine print.

2009 A4 2.0T Premium Plus
    Lease 10K miles per year
    MSRP $38,350
    Cap Cost Price $36,800
    Residual 51%
    MF .00071
    Due at Signing (TTL only) $1800
    All fees rolled into lease.....for $540 a month.

Way too high IMHO. I would pay the fees upfront and knock the payment down to $500 and then he would need to drop another 2K off the price and then we are more in range....$450-480.

So I need to find someone who will sell/lease me a P+ for $34,000
  • ggurr54ggurr54 Member Posts: 30
    I was offered the following lease;
    2009 Audi A4 3.2
    Sale price $35,800.00.(MRSP$40,800.00) 36 months. 12,000 miles/year. Money factor .00132. Residual Value 50%. $5,000.00 due at signing. Audi will pay first two months lease. Sale price seems very good but lease payments seem out of line. What do you think?
    what are the monthly payments? what does the $5000 include?
  • ggurr54ggurr54 Member Posts: 30
    sorry, the monthly payments are $545.00. The $5,000.00 was listed as a down payment. Also, this is for a premium plus not prestige and no navigation.
    I just closed a deal today. here are the details
    A4 2.0T Quattro Automatic Premium Plus

MSRP - 38,000
    CAP Price - 35,200
    MF - .00071
    RES - 50% at 12,000 miles
    Tax (NY) 1,425
    Dealer fees about 1,100
    total Upfront $2,525
    No Down Payment
    All Fees paid up front
    Payment $488 a month

I was happy with the deal....ideally $34,500 would have been a great number but i didnt want to leave and have to keep playing the game. I was going to settle for $35K and they came in 200 over...no biggie.
    basically something sounds wrong there. what is the price of the car........this is the most important factor!!! if the price is right everything else should fall into place. Make sure you know the proper residual fees and money factor.
  • dm1212dm1212 Member Posts: 59
    Jack Daniels Audi Upper Saddle River is the worst service out there. In October I went in to lease a 09 A4 Quattro with 5,000 down for around 420 a month. Well anyway some how I left with a 2005 A6 fully loaded. The car is in the shop every month. Jack Daniels can't seem to pick up this popping noise in my car, and the sunroof visor has broken 4 times. (It took them 9 days to fix it at one point claiming they had to take the "Head Liner" down, which is a horrible lie) And 559 a month is a scam. Do yourself a favor and go to Riverside and buy your car if you haven't yet.
  • backroadbackroad Member Posts: 12
    Trying to manage the same deal. What date did you close (i.e., end of the month?). Also, which dealer did you use? Is it true that NY taxes are only 3.75%??

Also, did you find a dealer who had the car you wanted on the lot or did you take the exterior/interior that was available on the lot at the moment?

Anyone else have thoughts on this deal?
    I believe NY State tax is 8.125%.

I went to Jack Daniels Audi. I went there b/c it is close and they had they car I wanted on their inventory sheet. Thats why they are willing to give me the price. If they had to get the car they might not have came down that far. Also I dont think the Aruba Blue sells well so they were happy to get rid of it. I closed the deal on June 17th. They might be more price aggressive near the end of the month. let me know if you have any other questions.
  • datunludatunlu Member Posts: 13
    Hi, Car_man. My quote from a local dealer in the bay area is 0.00071 money factor with 0.52 residual (10,000 miles). I am currently an Audi owner, the dealer mentioned the $750 lease incentive.

My quote here is a $50,900 MSRP A4 3.2 Quattro, sale price is $44842. With $2500 down, the monthly payment for a 36 month 10,000 miles lease is $596. This quote includes $1,000 loyalty money (???) and two payments by Audi.

My question is that if I lower my choice to a A4 with MSRP around $40,500, how likely is it for the dealer to honor the $6,058 difference? Also, it seems their is an acquisition fee of aournd $600, any other fees that may be hidden there? Audi America website did not show any other fees.

Thanks.
    Hi, jms493, nice deal. What is in the $2,525? I understand there is probably a first month payment, acquisition fee around $600, not sure how much they charge for tag in NY, anything else? Thanks so much.
    Hey nhbanker. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2009 A4 2.0 Premium Plus Sedan with quattro is .00071 for consumers who pay a security deposit at lease signing. AFS will probably waive its security deposit requirement for returning lessees for free. For non-returning lessees it usually will waive the deposit in exchange for a .00015 money factor increase.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi datunlu. The lease program that you were quoted is right in line with AFS' current program. The dealer probably will not be able to provide you with a $6,000 discount on a less expensive car because the margins are usually smaller on less expensive vehicles than they are on more expensive ones. You should look up the dealer invoice price of the new car that you are considering here at Edmunds.com (link) and shoot for a selling price that is a little over invoice minus the available cash incentives.

Car_man
    Host
  • dimochkadimochka Member Posts: 13
    Hi everyone,

I'm trying to get a good deal on the lease of an A4 2.0T Premium with 12k. Going off the summer special, the Jack Daniels (NJ) dealership offered me 500/month (489/month was for 10k) with nothing down (1st month / taxes / etc included), but it seemed to me that the price may be negotiable. Is this a good price for it or do you think I could do better?
  • emattsematts Member Posts: 6
    So, it's now Friday and I have the weekend to decide on this.

I was offered the following deal:

A4 Quattro Premium
    Quartz Gray
    Bluetooth
    Homelink
    iPod interface
    Rear/side air bags
    NO heated seats

My cost $470/month, $400 out-of-pocket. 12,000 miles/year for 36 months.

I'm not a big car shopper and wanted to know how I did? I think the sticker was $35,750 which was the highest priced Premiums they had on the lot.
  • backroadbackroad Member Posts: 12
    Is this a good deal? I can't tell b/c it's hard to know based on camparing numbers

Having trouble understanding the dealer's quote

35,320 is cap cost on Premium Plus quattro A4 2.0T with silver exterior, black interior, standard metal interior trim (no wood) - that is 10K miles per year with a residual of 19530. The cap cost includes 500 off via Conquest and subtracting the first month payment. The money factor is 0.00071. This makes for a total monthly payment of 503, which is 488 + 39 + 64 (base + lease fee + tax). I give 1052 down for license and title.

I thought invoice would be around 34,800, but the dealer wouldn't come down further

I thought the tax is usually paid up front? Why are they including it in each payment.

Thanks,
    Marshal
  • mb_convertmb_convert Member Posts: 2
    Looking to see if MV Audi is steering me wrong, or if I should push harder. Car_man where you are?!?!?

2009 A4 2.0T FWD CVT Automatic Sedan
    > Quartz Gray Metallic with Black Leather
    > Premium Plus Trim
    > 18” Sport Package
    > Audi Navigation
    > MSRP: $40,250
    > Invoice: $38,173
    > Your Price: $38,373

Two ways offered:
    A. $717 Minimum Drive Offs, 35 @ $557 + tax = $606 inc. tax, 10K miles per year
    B. $1,500 total down, 35 @ $537 + tax = $584 inc. tax, 10K miles per year

Lease Particulars
    * Money Factor: 0.00085
    * Residual Value: 50% or $20,125
    * Audi makes 1st lease payment (which would be included in drive offs)
    * Audi waives Security Deposit
    * Qualified for Audi Conquest Rebate for my Mercedes ($500)
    MSRP $38,400
    Price Paid: $35,390

Breakdown
    cap cost reduction: 65
    tax on that: 5
    First payment: 489
    Acq fee: 625
    Reg: 185
    sales tax: 1,431
    Doc fee: 299
    tire fee: 7.50
    total 3,108
    First month paid bt audi = -489
    Total due at signing: $2,619
    Thanks for your reply, Car_man. I had a quote yesterday and the dealer clarified things for me. I thought it would be useful for others to know. The $1,000 incentive is only applicable to 3.2 A4, not 2.0. In addition, for 3.2 A4, there is a special incentive from Audi that reduces your cap cost by another $2,000. That is how the guy was able to give $6,000 off MSRP.
    That makes sense b/c the 3.2s are not selling and I believe this is the last year the they are making them available for the A4.
  • audibahn2009audibahn2009 Member Posts: 2
    Hi All, got this quote from a dealership in my area for a 2009 A4 2.0 T Prestige and S Line package. I'm not too sure on the money factor that everyone has been talking about. Is this quote about right? Thanks for your responses.
    Selling Price: $44,575
    Residual: $20,527
    Total drive offs: $5,000
    Term: 36
    Monthly Payment: $672
  • audibahn2009audibahn2009 Member Posts: 2
    Sorry got more info now.

The dealership gave me a "Lease Factor"... Not too sure if this is the same as the money factor.

Selling Price: $44,575
    Residual: $20,527
    Total drive offs: $5,000
    Term: 36
    Monthly Payment: $672
    Lease factor: .00116
    Cash capitalized reduction: $4,300

Still wondering if this is a good deal or not. I was thinking it was a little on the higher side, especially for the lease, but I could be wrong. What do you folks think?
  • mb_convertmb_convert Member Posts: 2
    Alright, so I'll respond to my own post. I just picked up my B8 (A4) as I listed above. However, after some grinding, I ended up with 1500 down and $500.00/Mo all in! I got the exact car I wanted, only in Black, and got the payment I wanted. Seems they had some room to maneuver. I am so pleased! Audi Mission Viejo, ask for Greg Duncan. Nothing could have been easier.
    Thanks, jms493. Your reply was really helpful for us to understand the fees and expected costs.

We finalized a deal today with 36 month, 10k per year on a A4 2.0 Premium Plus (Blue + Ash wood interior). MSRP 38400. The dealer offered us a price of 34450 and we were able to put nothing down. Final monthly goes to $527.9 per month. This price also included the maintenance package. Certainly, Audi makes the first payment.
    WOW!!! Datunlu.....thanks an amazing price! I did the calculations and that payment is spot on! Congrats and enjoy! I wish I go that price!!

If you would have paid everything up front your payment would have been around $460. That would have been around $2600 down which covers TTL and other fees.

$34,450 For a Premium Plus....everyone should should for that price!

The only difference with my deal was that I got 12K a year....about a $10 difference in the payment or 1% difference in Residual.

The mosr posts here the better people can be at getting the best deal possible.
    Thanks, jms493. Guess the price is no longer that rigid as we enter the second half of this year.
    Hi dimochka. The easiest way for me to evaluate whether a lease is a good deal is to look at its selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number, it is difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given. Let us know what this number is and I'm sure that either myself or another helpful community member will be happy to give you their opinion of this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    You're welcome, datunlu. Thank you for the update.

Car_man
    Host
  • redlinesiredlinesi Member Posts: 1
    What price should we be looking at now for the remaining 2009's? I'm at the point right now where I'm not sure if I'd have a lower lease payment waiting on a 2010 because of the residual.

I haven't negotiated a price with the dealer yet, but the residual they are giving me here in Minneapolis is 47% and a money factor of .00141. If I do Audicare that would go to 48% correct? This is with 15,000 miles a year.

Any advice would be great.
  • mattydmattyd Member Posts: 21
    Got quote at Audi dealer for leasing new 2009 A4 sedan quattro 2.0 Premium.
    $5800 total due at signing, $500/mon x 48 mon. Does this downpayment (which has those other normal due-at-signing fees in it, like sec deposit etc) seem sort of high?
  • donnydjrdonnydjr Member Posts: 8
    This seems extremely high, to be quite honest... surf this site a bit to see what others are paying now... I bought a Prem Plus for much less and better terms back in January.

Good luck - the A4 is a great vehicle !

d
  • seifseif Member Posts: 48
    what kind of quote is that????

this is directly from the audi site:
    Special $399 a month summer lease now through July 31, 2009

1st Month Payment $399
    Refundable Security Deposit $400
    Acquisition Fee $625
    Down Payment $2,550
    Due at Signing* $3,974 (Excludes taxes, title, other optioins and dealer fees)

what options do you have that make it that much more?
  • ermacermac Member Posts: 4
    Hey guys,

Just got this deal, wondering if im getting a good one?

A4 permium phantom black sports package
    Sale price 34500
    money factor .00161 (dealer added 20 basis points)
    residual 48%
    1500 down
    536 a month including tax and audi care
    42 mo. lease

What do you think? They also offered me a base A4 at 489 a month with 1500 down (can't remember the sale price on that)
  • barryendbarryend Member Posts: 121
    Last winter I ordered a Premium + sports package for April delivery. The residual was 50% and money factor .0008, 15,000 miles 36 months.

Leasing last year's car lowers the residual. The money factor is Audi's rate at the time and obviously is subsidized when the want to move product.

Buying a 2009 rather than leasing may make better economic sense.

Leasing a 2010 when the dealers are stoked up in the Fall may be a better time.

The Premium is a good value but has a horrible sound system. I had a loaner for several days. The Premium+ Symphony is a delight and the LED daytime headlights are sharp.
  • ermacermac Member Posts: 4
    thanks for all the info. Yeah shopping around it seems to make sense to wait for the 2010s.
  • kingcobra7kingcobra7 Member Posts: 5
    Hi There

So I'm in the Seattle area and looking for an A4 Prem FWD, pretty basic but so far the dealers here have very little inventory (mostly quattros). Can I go to another state (California) and lease a car. The inventories show quite a bit more choose from in the bay area. Anyone have any reccomendations?

Thanks in advance.

Matt
  • magneetamagneeta Member Posts: 1
    Matty,

That is EXTREMELY high. I worked with a dealership in PA (live in NJ) and got the following:

Total $ Due at Delivery: $2000
    Monthly Payment: $415/month
    Spec: Audi A4 2.0T Quattro, Premium Package (Silver Metallic)

Residual is 48%

You can ABSOLUTELY get a better deal from them...
This discussion has been closed.