Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi jobualli. Audi's current lease program is only scheduled to run through September 30th, so at this point there is no way to know what its October program will be like.

Unless you are very particular about your cars, generally speaking it is better to purchase something that is in dealer inventory than to order. I say this because dealers are usually more interested in moving something that they physically have in stock that they are already paying floorplan interest on and that they can finalize a deal on immediately than order a vehicle and have the deal potentially fall apart.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Car_man, thank you and I am now driving my new 2010 A4. It is a beautiful car and greatly appreciate your reply. Sales and finance reps were nothing but professional, did not try and sell me any addons and were top notch all the way. If my experience with the car holds for the term of the lease I may end up buying it out. Again, thanks.
  • mikekxmikekx Member Posts: 9
    Carman: Here is the deal I was just offered on a high milage lease. Is this a good deal? Northern California Dealer.

Audi A4 2010: A4 2.0 SEDAN 4-DR AUTO CVT FWD

MSRP: $33, 750
    Residual:$17550
    Rate is .00098 for a 36 month lease.
    Miles: 20,000/year
    Monthly: $510 + taxes
    Driveoff: Minimal

PT1 BLUETOOTH/HOMELINK PACKAGE
    UF7 AUDI MUSIC INTERFACE

Thanks.
    You're very welcome, boas13. Thanks for stopping back to let us all know how everything turned out. I'm glad to hear that you had such a pleasant dealer experience. If you want, you can tell everyone about it in even greater detail over in the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of this site.

Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mikekx. The easiest way for me to evaluate this deal would be for me to take a look at this car's selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number, it is difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given. Find out how much the dealer is charging you for this car and let us know. I'm sure that either myself or another helpful community member will gladly tell you what they think,

For now I can tell you that the money factor that you were quoted on this car is slightly high. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2010 A4 2.0 Sedan FWD is only .00069. Make sure that the dealer uses that factor to calculate your car's monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • r3zon8r3zon8 Member Posts: 1
    I have a return appointment to my local Audi dealer this weekend.

Im looking to lease an:

Im going with everyones advice to lease something that is on the dealers lot and not order.

What are the current money factor/residual that AFS is offering on the A4 sedans?
  • mikekxmikekx Member Posts: 9
    Carman,

The MSRP and sale price are as follows for 36 month lease. Could you also post the numbers for 24 months lease? Are there leases available between 24 and 36 months? Thanks in advance carman.

MSRP: $33,750
    Sale Price: $31950
    Residual:$17550
    Rate is .00098 for a 36 month lease.
    Miles: 20,000/year
    Monthly: $510 + taxes
    Driveoff: Minimal

PT1 BLUETOOTH/HOMELINK PACKAGE
    UF7 AUDI MUSIC INTERFACE
  • gpb59gpb59 Member Posts: 106
    Hi carman, can you tell me the residual for this car. Thanks
  • gpb59gpb59 Member Posts: 106
    Carman, To clarify, 2010 audi FWD with 12k per year and 36 mos. I'm in nevada (money factor and residual). Should the money factor be the same for all states? My dealer told me .00106.
  • koshka_begemotkoshka_begemot Member Posts: 9
    Carman,
    me again, our september purchase was delayed so looking for october numbers now:
    can you post MF and residual for:
    2010 Avant Premium 36 months/15K
    and
    2010 Sedan Premium Quattro 36 months/15K
    Greatly appreciated!!!
  • erichwang03erichwang03 Member Posts: 1
    Guys,

Please let me know you think of this lease deal:

2010 Audi A4, CVT Front-Wheel Drive, Premium Plus Trim Line, Sport Package, No Navigation, 12k/year, 42months, Quartz Metal Grey

MSRP: $37,750
    $525 (including tax)/month
    $700 Drive Off (including first month payment)
    Residual Value: $17,365
  • spano1spano1 Member Posts: 13
    I just leased same car but with Navigation and brilliant black paint for $535 plus drive offs (includes tax - high california). This also included Audi Care..... You might be able to better!
  • palmetto321palmetto321 Member Posts: 12
    Can you help me understand the differences between Premier Purchase and Lease? I'm being led towards a Premier Purchase on the notion that it is subject to less fees and more flexible, but the rates involved are slightly higher (they work out to 3.30% on a 36 month plan on a FWD and 3.93% on a 36 month plan on a AWD)

Seems guys on here are not paying these upfront fees (acquisition, etc)?
  • a4fansa4fans Member Posts: 7
    Hi, I received the following quote on a 2010 Automatic A4 Sedan w/ PP pkg, Metallic paint & Wood trim:

36 month w/ 2K down for $478/month + tax
    Money Factor is 0.00124 with security deposit waived
    10K miles
    residual value is 54%
    Quoted price is $35861 + tax & license

Is this a good deal? Pls help!!! Thanks.
    I am not a pro but it seems high... Here's the deal I got 2 weeks ago...
    2010 A4 2.0 FWD - Premium Plus, Navigation, & 18" Sport package. I have since received a few return calls and probably could have leased at approx. $520 per month if I was willing to hold out longer. Extremely happy with the car and love the drive!!

MSRP = $39775
    Cap Cost (includes Audicare) = $36769
    MF = 0.00103
    Monthly = $487.47
    9.75 Tax - hate california right now
    Term = 42 months
    TOTAL = $535 / month

Drive-offs only money down (approx. numbers as I don't want to go look them up):
    License = $525
    First Month = $535
    Lease Acq = $625
    Security = $525
    TOTAL = 2210.00
    Thanks for the feedback. One correction: the quote is actually for a Quattro.
    is it still considered too high? I asked around and this is the lowest deal i received. I'm in Southern California. Thanks.
    Where are you shopping? I found Pacific Audi, Keyes, & Rusnak to be the most open to negotiating...

Invoice on your car is approx.$35654 - the price offered is about $200 over.

Invoice on my car was approx. $1000 under (would have been even more but added Audicare). I also got mine with 12K miles a year and you are at 10K which should get you an even better price.
    I shopped around with Rusnak, Mission Viejo, Walters, Circle Audi & Commonwealth; all couldnt match this quote by Hoehn.
    The invoice according to Edmunds is 36097 pre tax based on the configuration which is only a little higher than my quote.
    I guess the problem is there're not many Quattro in stock amongst all dealers in So Cal, and tons of FTs; which naturally warrants more discount and negotiation room.
  • hardh1hardh1 Member Posts: 4
    Hi, I'm in the process of leasing a 2010 Audi A4 coupe, with the standard Premium package, 3 years, 15k miles/year. This is their first quote, they seem to be a bit evasive of my questions so I thought I'd run it by the forum.

MSRP $33,750
    Selling price: $32,500
    Residual 52% (wouldn't give me a dollar value, so is that based on the MSRP, the selling price, or after the paydown from my trade in?)
    MF: 2.5% (wouldn't give it to me in the format I'm familiar with, would it be 2.5/2400=0.00104?)
    Monthly payment: $419 before taxes
    Trade in:$3,500

How do I ensure the math has been done correctly on this vehicle? Where is my negotiating power?

Thanks!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    A4 Coupe?

Sedan, convertible, or wagon?

I

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Sedan!
    Makes sense - most of the quattro cars have the prestige package standard in the socal area.... Good luck, keep me posted on the deal you end up finding!
    Here's the info that you're looking for, r3zon8. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 A4 2.0 Sedan Premium FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00069 and 52%, respectively.

You never mentioned the exact term, mileage allowance, or trim level that you want for this lease, so I had to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want something different.

Car_man
    Host
  • jon111jon111 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

They are not discounting this car enough for you. Their sales are down, the manufacture is giving them alot of money back not shown on the invoice, and they are trying to get as many a4's on the street as possible to compete with Bmw. Based on the numbers given, their is no reason they can not give you $0 Down, $399 a month + tax and even through in the Free Service for the 36 months and allow you 15,000 miles a year. That would be my firm offer and no negotiating. They can even do better then that( I know for a fact), but at least that is a very very very fair deal.
    P.S - Their is no such thing as an Honest Dealership or salesman. Even if they are your friend, their all lairs.
    Thank you for the good advice... have never leased a car and the help is greatly appreciated.

So assume for a moment I get the deal you are suggesting with $0 down. This sounds like my trade-in has not yet entered into the picture. I really don't want to sell it myself and prefer them to take it off my hands. Let's say it has a wholesale value of $4000. Is it correct to divide that by 36 months and get the car for about $300/month?
  • binoy1982binoy1982 Member Posts: 1
    Hey all,

Just leased a Audi A4 Quattro 2010 - can you let me know if I got a good deal:

MSRP: $36325
    Residual: 54%
    Mileage: 10K
    Selling Price: $34000
    Money Factor: .00118
    Monthly Payments (includes tac, registration): 496.37
    Due at signing: Waived Security Deposit; around $900 (includes all fees etc.) including first month
    Thanks.
    Carman,

Hi, could u pls post the october Audi's current buy rate lease money factor & residual value for 2010 A4 2.0 Sedan Quattro automatic with Premium Plus pkg? Lease term i'm looking for is 36 months, 10k or 12k per year.
    Does a Nav pkg, or down payment impacts the money factor or residual?
    I'm new to lease, should i pay for acquisition and security deposit?
    Pls help. Thanks much in advance.

PL.
    Thanks for the additional information, mikekx. The car that you're interested in probably has a spread of around $2,300 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. That puts the $1,800 dealer discount that you were quoted at right around $500 over dealer invoice, which is an excellent deal.

Audi Financial Servces' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2010 A4 Sedan Premium 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00069 and 59%. The numbers for an otherwise identical 30 month lease are .00069 and 55%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi gpb59. Audi Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 A4 Sedan Premium without quattro with 15,000 miles per year are .00069 and 52%.

Car_man
    Host
    Yes, gpb59, Audi's current lease program for the A4 is national. There's only two possible explanations for why the dealer quoted you a factor that is slightly higher than the one that I mentioned.

A) You are a non-returning AFS customer who wishes to have their vehicle's security deposit waived. AFS will do so in exchange for a slight increase in the money factor that is used to calculate your payment.

or

B) The dealer that you are working with is trying to mark your car's factor up to add additional back-end profit to your deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go a4fans. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 22010 A4 Sedan Premium Plus with quattro and 12,000 miles per year are .00109 and 53%, respectively.

If you were to lease this car with only 10,000 miles per year, its residual value would be 1% higher.

The addition of navigation does not have any impact upon this car's lease program.

AFS charges a $625 acquisition fee and a security deposit equivalent to your car's monthly payment rounded up to the nearest $25 increment on all leases.

Car_man
    Host
  • sas9sas9 Member Posts: 28
    CarMan,

I went to Santa Monica Audi and they wanted $385/month and $1600-$1800 out of pocket for a 2010 A4 2.0 sedan. I wasn't happy with their terms so I left. What do you think of this deal?

I want to lease a 2010 Audi A4 2.0 sedan FWD. I need 12k miles/annual for a 36 month lease. Should the money factor & residual still be .00069 and 52%, respectively?

Thanks!
    Hi,

I read on this forum that the following is a good lease deal on a 2010 A4 sedan, premium package;
    $0 Down, $399 a month, 15k miles/year, 36 months.

If I were to throw in my trade in that has a wholesale price of $4,000, is it correct math to divide that by 36 months and get this lease down to about $300/month? If not, what should the lease be with my $4,000 trade in?

Thanks!
  • barryendbarryend Member Posts: 121
    The Premium is stripped down. I had a loaner. The radio is worth $25.00. Better check it out an know what you are getting. Maybe see if you can get a tire upgrade to Michelins as part of the haggling. Why get a quattro with cheap OEM tires? Service may be very expensive without Audicare. Burns oil - 1 quart every 2,500 miles. Keep a quart of VW rated oil in the trunk.

If money is an issue a Japanese car may be worth a look. My buddy looked at a Premium and opted for an Infiniti G37X. It comes standard with Audi Prestige features. Plus another 100 h.p. 7-speed tranny. Bulletproof reliability.

I came of an M35X tank and I opted for an A4 principally for more room and fold down rear seats. Don't get me wrong, I love the A4 but it needs options beyond the Premium in my opinion.
  • traderfjptraderfjp Member Posts: 12
    I have a premium with heated seats, bluetooth and wood trim. The car comes standard with a long list of goodies. I actually paid a few dollars more for a non-QUattro car after driving both models. I loved the CTV tranny. It just pulls and pulls with no loss to shift points. If I want to play I can shift the tranny or use sports mode. In mixed driving I'm getting 25-26 mpg. I love this car. I see no reason to spend another 8-10k on a bunch of useless goodies unless you have money to burn. I paid 2500 out of pocket and my lease is 419.00 a month with 15k per year. I think I did ok. I also think the stock radio is a good performer not the best but it holds it's own.
  • barryendbarryend Member Posts: 121
    I think car leases are cheaper in CA than the northeast. They only sell Quattros in the metro NY market. I have a 2009 P+ Nav. w 18" sports package. The 2010 options and packages I hear are different. It's a great car, just be careful so you have no buyers regrets and watch the dealer every step of the way. They add on packs at delivery. Tried nitro tire air on me for $79.00. Get the chrome exhaust tips thrown in. Try to get a tire upgrade. If I got a Premium I might but the OEM tires on Craigs list and get Michelins or something above the P6s in handling and traction. May be unimportant is southern CA.
    Hi all,

Received the following enticing quotes...want to get your opinion:

1. 2010 A4 2.0T Automatic Sedan Quattro with Premium Plus, Metallic paint, 18" Sports, and Nav pkg.
    36 mth lease, 10K miles with $5K drive off, and $419/month + tax

2. 2010 A4 2.0T Automatic Sedan Quattro with Premium Plus, Metallic paint, Wood trim
    36 mth lease, 10K miles with $2K drive off, and $477/month + tax

I'm in Southern Cal. Which is a better deal? I was told that Residual is always calculated off MSRP, is that correct?

Thanks for your input.
    I'm in S. CA and want to lease this car for 36 months, 12k miles/year with minimal drive-off fees. I'm not interested in any options on the car because a lower monthly payment is more important to me.

The MSRP on the car is $32,275 and invoice is $30,074. I've called around and was quoted $700 over invoice but they wanted $1550 out of pocket and $454/month. Residual is 54% and MF is .00124. How does this deal sound? I was hoping for a monthy payment in the $300 range. What do you think? Can I do better? Thanks for the help!
  • audikid791audikid791 Member Posts: 2
    Dear all, I was quoted with the following:

2009 A4 Cab with Nav, MSRP $43,675
    15k per year, 36 months lease of $500+tax/month with zero drive off.

I'm thinking price for A5 Cab isn't going drop soon. Stock of A4 Cab is depleting. I'm thinking this deal seems decent. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Hey - I've been shopping at the same dealers you mentioned in So Cal. I've not heard of Hoehn... where are they located?

Thanks!
  • audikid791audikid791 Member Posts: 2
    Hoehn is in Carlsbad, San Diego. They are willing to negotiate.
    And from what i heard, they will deliver the car as well once you reach an agreement. save u a trip down to carlsbad if u dont feel like driving down.
  • sebass222sebass222 Member Posts: 2
    I feel like I'm getting the short end here:

2010 A4 Quattro Premium Plus (Metallic Blue)

MSRP $38550
    Cap $37550 (took $1000 off for me)
    MF: .00221 (seems very high, i extrapolated from rest of data)
    36 months/10k
    Residual: 56%
    Payments: $575.40+tax
    1200 drive off (no money down)

Do I tell them to shove it and head elsewhere? I have taken my A4 there for the last 4.5 years for service and have spent thousands in the shop...they are my only dealer I can go to in Michigan for service, and are reasonable there, but there are other dealers I can go to for sales. I don't see how I can't drive off in this with a total of $2000 out the door including Audi Care for around $500/month total. Am I wrong?
  • traderfjptraderfjp Member Posts: 12
    Play each dealer againsty one another. Go in to each dealership, at the end of the month, and see what deal you can get. Sit home and play one dealer against the next. If you're not in a a rush and stay patient you can get a good deal.
    There is something wrong here - with a good reasonable deal, you should be getting a payment $100 less a month.
  • ronnyc2ronnyc2 Member Posts: 2
    Hello --

Hoping for some help finding out what the current money factor and residual is on the 2010 A4 Avant wagon.

I'm seeing a really high lease price from a dealer which doesn't match up with my math at all. If you know the #s for both 12K miles and 15K miles/yr that would be great.

thanks.
  • ronnyc2ronnyc2 Member Posts: 2
    Found some #s posted here: http://www.ridewithg.com/index.php/2009/10/2010-audi-a3-a4-s4-lease-rates-octobe- r-2009/

Are those essentially correct ?
  • guru1895guru1895 Member Posts: 2
    Hi everyone,
    I'm shopping around for a 2010 A4 prestige manual transmission with s-line package
    MSRP $44,260, My credit score is 723 and I currently have an other car loan and 2 other personal loan. I need to get this car by mid December and I'm not planing on trading the other car. What king of deals I should be getting? I'm prepared to give the dealer 5k to drive off, I've never leased a car before.

Thanks for all your help.
  • apt62apt62 Member Posts: 2
    I lease my 2010 A4 avant pretige with sports package for 650 a month w/12000 per year plus audi care. I am not sure if this is a good deal or not?
  • narrajacknarrajack Member Posts: 5
    To all contributors and CarMan especially, thanks for all your posts it's been helpful. I think I did ok for myself here in Mass. Tell me what you think.

2010 A4 Premium, white, tan int with ashwood, heated seats, homelink...
    $2,134 down includes all dealer fees + first payment.
    36mos., 15K per year $445
    7% tax 31.15
    $10 per month Audicare, which works out to $360 total, half of reg rate.

Total monthly for the remaining 35 months $487.00
This discussion has been closed.